(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,768 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by aeonblack
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_8788.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#643 9 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

For those that know me,MM is here

Grats! I know you were waiting for it for awhile.

1 month later
#837 9 years ago

#848 9 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Wow Dan, can't believe you're letting Spidey go.
Bump for a beauty game, buy with confidence.

Agreed. It is a very nice example. Good luck Dan!

1 month later
#968 9 years ago

Yeah, it is definitely different than a few months ago. I am battening down the hatches myself. Not going to be firesaling anything just to buy another pin that I might have to firesale later if I want to try something else. Going to let someone else take it in the wallet and meanwhile just play what I have.

4 weeks later
#1167 9 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

There is no duty on anything made in the states, brokerage on a pin coming up here would be brutal, ship to over the border storage in sweetgrass and pick it up yourself, make sure you have paperwork to verify the purchase price of the pin for GST at the border.

Brokerage isn't too bad, I only pay a flat $75.00 (at least that is how much it was a couple years ago). I'd pay the $75.00 before I would go through the hassle of going down to the border myself.

2 weeks later
#1298 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

There is no duty regardless, and it is american made, they fall under the NAFTA do they not? I'll have to look into that as well.
Can anyone clarify this?

You are correct, pinball machines are exempt, no duty. You will have to pay GST/HST when you bring it across the border. I don't know whether or not you will have to pay state tax on top of that.

#1307 9 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

You may have to pay duty on the hobbit, since its made in australia! Nafta or whatever is only for can/us made goods no?

In my understanding (not a customs expert/lawyer), even if it was made in Australia, you would not have to pay duty. Pinball machines fall under tariff code 9504.30.0019 (coin operated games, other). They are duty free from MFN (most favored nations). Australia (and UK for that matter for Heighway supporters) are most favored nations, so there should never be any duty.

2 months later
#1601 9 years ago
Quoted from robbiedoo:

I've purchased from him - as long as you know going in that he's a business, and some (many) his machines are in players condition, then you're fine.
Bob's actually a really nice guy, and if you hate what you end up with he'll let you come back and swap for something else.
As long as you're educated about what to expect & what you're getting, and you can deal with paying more because he's a business and not a hobbyist, I would say you're fine dealing with him (which seems to be the general consensus!)

Bob is a really nice guy, I just wish he wouldn't misrepresent the quality of his machines in ads and on the phone. I don't know if he understands much of what he wants to sell at high end prices is low end player quality or not, but if he doesn't he should educate himself, and if he does he should just tell it like it is (and price it accordingly).

1 month later
#1876 9 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Tspp on kijiji,not mine.
I played it today,no errors works 100%.
Reall dirty playfield,original owner with receipt.
Really nice cabinet.

Interesting. If it was two months ago, or maybe two months from now I would definitely go take a look.

#1889 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

What do u think it's worth? I'm semi interested but I have to admit. The new games with leds and color changing leds makes it hard for me to purchase older machines

Quoted from CodeMonkey:

As far as new games go, none have the rules and depth of TSPP. Add the exchange rate going down the drain this week and NIB prices will continue to climb.
If you like the theme + gameplay of the table it's a great buy.

I think it is an okay price myself (haven't seen the machine, but from what pingod described, no leds, no mods, probably needs a flipper rebuild, rubber kit and elbow grease). Nice HUO examples with mods/leds seem to go for around the $4500 US price range. Exchange rate, not having to ship and and no tax make it a reasonable deal, but not a steal imo.

#1899 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

We generally agreee, but I am not sure how a HOU game with less than 4K plays is going to "need" a flipper rebuild (I guess it depends on the definition of rebuild, MAYBE new coil sleeves?).
Even a long playing game like TSPP
Probably just needs a cleanup...

Just a guess given the age of the machine and lack of maintenance, why I said "probably". I could be wrong. It has happened at least once before

2 months later
#2399 8 years ago

Anyone interested in a trading for a Tron Pro? 3D translite, screen printed cab. Not HUO but looks it. All the usual mods (light cycles, lighted recognizer, flynn sign, eli light fiber kit, arcade mod, premium cointaker LEDs, plastic protectors, cliffy, ramp protectors). Also has black mirror blades installed and the tron girls translite.

Prefer local trade for now, looking for TWD LE or Premium, but am open to others in my wishlist.

PM if interested.

1 month later
#2550 8 years ago

About four years ago our local "retailer" (SML) told me that a ST:TNG they had would be $10,000.00 because "that is just how much they go for". I went to their show room and they also had a decent Black Hole for only $4500.00.....

Some retailers exist to rip off the ignorant, they don't get my business even if it is for a box of bulbs.

#2574 8 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Question:
Does recent Canadian dollar affect my sale price? If I can get 2700$ US for my SWDE (for example), does that mean it's worth roughly 3300$ Canadian?
Just asking as I am looking at selling SWDE, IJ, JP, and LOTR..... Trying to determine fair asking prices. I have a couple of offers from the U.S., just want to offer them in Canada as well.
Thanks

Depends on who you ask. Buyers will say no, sellers yes

More seriously, it depends on the pin. On an older used pin I'd probably give Canadians a break. and not do a straight dollar to dollar, just to help the local collector community. On newer more expensive pins, where the difference is in the thousands I still might give a bit of a discount, but the change in CDN/US would definitely impact what I would list it for.

1 month later
#2979 8 years ago

To be fair, pingod linked a marketplace ad on his, you can go there to see the price. As far as whether or not a price should always be posted, <shrug>. I think it is nice idea, saves people from having to PM just to find out the price but doesn't really bother me if people don't.

1 month later
#3291 8 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

B&E Electronics, and Active would be your best bet.

If no luck there, can order from digikey.ca. Haven't used them in a couple of years so not sure if the same, but I remember the selection being good and the shipping being cheap (and fast).

1 month later
#3571 8 years ago

Its my STLE for sale. Never posted it here because I knew it would cause and didn't want to have to deal with price police. Since it has come up anyway:

Not making any apologies on the price. It is approx $7900 US, and I am negotiable. I also make no apologies for selling in US equvalent values. When I need to buy a new machine I will probably have to pay US prices, either for a new machine or to get the exact one I want. I'm not going to eat the exchange rate on purchase, and then ignore it when selling. I know that's what some Canadian buyers seem to want these days, and more power to them if they can find people willing to do that.

In the meantime, I am willing to accept trades. If someone wants to buy a NIB GotLE and trade me, I will do that. They are pretty close to equivalent in US dollar values. Also willing to trade for a TWD LE or a Premium plus cash.

#3575 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

That price on Kijiji is a rip off. A nice HUO STLE sold on Kijiji here not too long ago for $7500.

As I mentioned above, it is mine. I feel I have priced it reasonably. STLE seems to be listing for around $8000.00 US here and on Mr. Pinball. Those are my comparables, so I think I am in the ballpark. Sorry you don't think it is worth it. But don't imply I am trying to rip anyone off. If someone doesn't want to buy it, they don't have to. If they can find one somewhere cheaper, then they should buy it.

Imo, anyone who sells a STLE at $7500.00 CDN in this market is either doing a buddy deal, is a saint, or a freaking idiot. Whoever bought it got a fantastic deal. If dollar was still at par I still wouldn't be selling it at that amount.

#3579 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

It's your machine and I sincerely hope you get what you want for it. The thing is with selling pins, you can be astronomically high on a price for 99.9% of the people looking to buy, but all you need is one guy to pull the trigger. Hope you find your trigger puller. GLWS.

True. I don't see the point of a Tron LE and wouldn't pay close to what people are asking for them. To each their own.

#3582 8 years ago

That's fine if it's yours, but if you want to come out and disclose it then you will have to put up with hearing about how crazy the price is. Now that being said, it is an absolute ridiculous price in this province because as stated above they usually go for $8000 out here, I know of at least three that went at that price recently.

Yeah, in hindsight I should've kept my mouth shut. I find I like Pinside a lot better when I don't get involved in any sort of discussion, but as someone else posted about it I thought I would respond (its all your fault Dan ). I have anecdotal evidence that one went in Alberta for about $10k recently. Prices are generally higher out west given the lower supply. I guess I will find out.

A better way to phrase it would have been "taking advantage of the American dollar" which anyone would do I suppose.

I don't see it as taking advantage of it. It is just the market now. Tron LEs used to sell for 4k new. Are people selling them for 11k "taking advantage of the fact it is popular"? My plan is to probably buy a NIB GoT Premium with the proceeds. I don't think anyone is going to sell me one for 6500 CDN so I gotta do what I gotta do. If the dollar suddenly changes 15% or so, so will my price. Anyone who doesn't see that the change in dollar hasn't impacted the market is burying their heads in the sand imo. Personally I would rather do a trade, then the whole dollar thing doesn't matter too much anymore. If anyone wants to swap a TWD LE for it let me know.

#3583 8 years ago

On the good news side, the TSPP I had on Kijiji sold in less than 24 hours to a really nice couple who are just starting to build their pin collection. Poor bastards have no idea how fast they can multiply

#3597 8 years ago

You make a good point here. I guess I just can't rap my head around a $10,500 STLE because out here the going rate seems to be $8000 even with the bad dollar. Sorry for the rant it really wasn't your price that set me off, it was the price pumping that did. I hope you get your $10,500 and your GOT premium.

No worries, and thanks.

Quoted from pingod:

Sorry Paul
The last STLE that sold in Edmonton went for 10,000.00 you are not to far off that price.
I'm sure if your game was in the US,it would be gone already.
Higher priced games are taking longer to sell as well.

lol, thanks Dan. Just giving you a hard time. I figure if it doesn't sell in the next couple weeks then no harm, I will just keep it. Still really like the game, just trying to move the ones I play the least to make room and cash for something else.

#3611 8 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Damn he didnt even post his machine here.. paul is a good guy, let him sell his machine

Thanks Dustin! I am a good guy..

Quoted from str8cash:

Hey Paul I wish you never replied to all this price policing garbage.

Yeah, sorry. To help get it slightly back on track, if STLE doesn't move I will probably be putting my HUO LOTR up instead. Will post more details if it gets to that.

1 month later
#4058 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

Starburst is the only stern distributor.

Quoted from Pincrawler:

Nitro gets their games from Starburst.

Yep. My understanding is that Starburst is the only Stern distributor, all other retailers in Canada have to buy through Starburst. I hope this changes, might result in some lower prices.

2 months later
#4332 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Thanks for the kind comments! Now I don't want to sell it again - lol. I purchased it from another collector. I believe the decals and topper are all original but perhaps they were done before I purchased so I really don't know for sure.

Why don't you just store it at my house. I will keep it nice and safe for you in case you want it back later

1 week later
#4361 8 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

2800 USD is almost exactly 3700 CAD as of this minute. 1 USD is worth 1.32 CAD. 1 CAD is worth 0.76 USD. Percentages are relative, depending which way you are converting.

And, you won't even be getting that unless you have a USD account or a no fee credit card or something else. Banks and exchange institutions usually tack on at least 2 cents on top of that. TDs rate is 1.3429 right now, where the "posted" rate is 1.32.

#4411 8 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

What is the going rate for a TSPP in Canada these days?

I sold a super nice HUO TSPP five months ago for $5800CDN to someone locally. I originally got it from libtech (thanks!), threw some mods, protectors, color matched LEDs, played it for a few months and decided it just wasn't for me. At that $5800 price there was probably $500-600.00 worth of mods in it.

There are two HUOs in the Pinside archive showing sold this year for $4500.00USD (and possibly less), which is around the $5800.00CDN mark (not including shipping, etc of course).

If I was in the market for another one I wouldn't go over $6k, and to pay that it would have to be super nice with some nice mods.

1 month later
#4628 7 years ago

I haven't tried the Titans, but between the pinball life "perfect play" and superbands, I like the perfect play ones more. I've got a mix between the two on my machines right now, planning on buying more of the perfect play.

10 months later
#6257 7 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

What's a HUO LOTR worth in today's insane market? The game is absolutely mint, has been well cared for, and plays like a boss. It has has cabinet protectors so no wear on the cabinet. Literally looks brand new.

Nice, stock HUO I would say around $5500-5600USD, so 7500 CDN or so? That's just from viewing current LOTR ads and recent market history. A lot will depend on demand in the area though, that could swing a few hundred in one direction or the other. I keep debating putting mine up for sale, then I play it, and decide not to. Such a fun game even though it can get long.

#6262 7 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Most games for sale in Canada factor in the taxes that you would have to pay to import as well. While 5600 USD is about 7500 CAD... it's more like 8500 after the extra 13%.
I don't like it, but that's the way it's been since the dollar tanked.

Really? I get that it is unavoidable if buying from a retailer, but local pinheads buying/selling that way? One of the big benefits of buying locally is not having to pay shipping and tax, someone starts adding that on to their price and I will just bring it up from the States.

#6264 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Thats because you alberta folks have been pampered with a 5% provincial tax while the rest of the country as moved into double digit taxing. No worries your time will come. Im sure you wouldnt be singing the same tune if you would lose an extra 8% because of taxes. Do the math.....its scary. Going to the states also factor, fuel, time, food etc.. Just taxes alone on a 4300US pin in ontario will add $754 in tax plus exchange rate fees. Where as you guys pay about $290.

lol, maybe. I will cross that bridge if/when Alberta introduces a PST. People can price their pins for whatever they want and justify it however they want. My point is, if someone is pricing their pin at or above US prices already, and then they decide to add the tax on top of it, then buying locally becomes less attractive and I would probably just buy one from the States, and definitely avoid bringing one in from Eastern Canada.

2 weeks later
#6402 7 years ago

Just put my HUO LOTR up on Kijiji. Not interested in shipping or trades at this time.

#6407 7 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I don't know,that 1979 Kiss might be a better deal,lol

No one can beat that Kiss deal.

#6413 7 years ago

LOTR is still available. Due to some concern/questions around the mods, and to note a cosmetic issue I forgot about, I have updated the Kijiji ad.

#6416 7 years ago

Yep, sweet mod. Some people just don't see the value though, to each their own. Part of me hopes someone buys the machine and doesn't want it so I can keep it if I ever get another LOTR in the future

#6419 7 years ago

Looks like the LOTR is sold, thanks everyone for your interest.

#6452 7 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Game is home, set-up, looking great and playing even better. Thanks to Paul for a super easy transaction!

Right back at you. Always nice to have a no bs deal happen. Enjoy, was a hard game to let go of.

1 month later
#6774 6 years ago
Quoted from algrande:

I have new Roman/PDI glass for sale in Calgary for pickup. $300 cdn all in. Regular only, no wide.

I'd get one, but then I would want to put them on all my pins. Then my f'ing cats would jump up on the pins and scratch my expensive glass. Then I would be sad. I think I will stick with regular glass for now.

1 month later
#6920 6 years ago

Thinking of trading one or both of my Metallica Monsters Premium and AC/DC 'Luci' Premium. Had them both for almost 3 years, just looking for a change. Both are HUO in pristine condition with me as first and only owner. Some nice mods on both (shakers, color dmds, etc.). Metallica is the "Dirty Donny" edition with signed translite and DD painted Snake, Hammer, Sparky. Can provide full details to anyone interested.

Looking to trade for (+/- cash depending) for a WMS IJ, HS2 Getaway, maybe a GoT Pre/LE, Mustang Pre/LE, POTC. Not looking for project machines. Am willing to ship for the right deal but would prefer local deals.

PM me if interested.

Thanks!

7 months later
#7954 6 years ago

Looking to move my Metallica Premium. Monsters edition, older run with wooden backbox. Dirty Donny edition with signed backglass and painted snake, hammer and sparky. Comes with Flipper Fidelity speakers, shaker, creeping death art blades, lighted speaker kit, various lighting mods and Color DMD.

HUO, original owner, low plays, very clean. Prefer to trade for Game of Thrones Premium, but will consider sale. Looking for $9k without Color DMD, $9.5k with. Will only deal locally for trades, but could ship for sale if buyer pays/arranges.

Should be up on Kijiji with pics at some point this weekend.

2 weeks later
#8038 6 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Looking to move my Metallica Premium. Monsters edition, older run with wooden backbox. Dirty Donny edition with signed backglass and painted snake, hammer and sparky. Comes with Flipper Fidelity speakers, shaker, creeping death art blades, lighted speaker kit, various lighting mods and Color DMD.

HUO, original owner, low plays, very clean. Prefer to trade for Game of Thrones Premium, but will consider sale. Looking for $9k without Color DMD, $9.5k with. Will only deal locally for trades, but could ship for sale if buyer pays/arranges.

Metallica still available. Wouldn't be if I could get my wife to agree to take out a wall and increase my space for pins. Who really needs a guest bedroom anyway?

3 months later
#8467 5 years ago

Ghostbusters Premium - 8200.

HUO, original owner. Comes with speaker light kit, stern art blades, mezel firehouse, ghost trap flipper toppers, airball deflector and centre post kit. There is some ghosting on the Tobin's insert, otherwise excellent condition. Can box in an original Stern box and strap to a pallet for shipping at buyers expense/arrangement. PM if interested, thanks!

1 week later
#8512 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Ghostbusters Premium - 8200.
HUO, original owner. Comes with speaker light kit, stern art blades, mezel firehouse, ghost trap flipper toppers, airball deflector and centre post kit. There is some ghosting on the Tobin's insert, otherwise excellent condition. Can box in an original Stern box and strap to a pallet for shipping at buyers expense/arrangement. PM if interested, thanks!

Ghostbusters has been sold.

1 week later
#8566 5 years ago

Metallica on the block again. HUO Metallica Premium, Monsters, older run with wooden backbox. Dirty Donny edition with signed backglass and Dirty Donny painted snake, hammer and sparky. Comes with Flipper Fidelity speakers, shaker, creeping death art blades, lighted speaker kit, various lighting mods.

Original owner, excellent condition. $9000 without Color DMD, $9500 with. Would consider trade for GoT Premium/LE, GotG Premium/LE, not interested in shipping at this time, thanks! PM me if interested. Will be up on Kijiji this weekend with pics.

#8575 5 years ago

Metallica has sold, thanks.

1 month later
#8825 5 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I like it but i really think im going to like Pirates more...but deadpool might come along and screw those plans up

I am excited about Deadpool, one of the only rumored upcoming ones I am interested in. Beatles maybe, if it ends up being amazing.

Deadpool would've been an automatic based on theme alone not too long ago but I am at the point now where a pin has have the trifecta of theme, rules and gameplay for me to even consider NIB. Bad CDN dollar and ever increasing pin prices has made it too easy to take a bath on buying NIB these days.

3 weeks later
#9039 5 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Anybody have a Deadpool that they are going to be tired of after a few weeks when their game shows up and they want to move it out in a month or so from now?

Probably, I'll PM you.

1 week later
#9142 5 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

ST TNG has colour DMD and invisiglass (PDI?) lane extenders,new lock drop target, handful of additional mods,
RFM has an extra sheet of glass really good shape not sure of what mods are added or what was stock.

Miss mine sometimes, great theme integration. "Thank you Mr. Data!". Entire cast doing voice work just doesn't happen anymore. Good luck with the trades.

1 month later
#9576 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Hamilton, ON. Like it says under my name. I see you are in Comox, BC.

Check your privacy settings, you are probably blocking your location

1 month later
#9922 5 years ago

Can we please stop the price policing and sniping? Don't like the price someone posts, don't pay it. Want to have an internet slap fight? Take it to PM instead. Want to discuss how much of a fan of the Leafs you are? Take it to the Canadian Pinhead thread.

3 weeks later
#10087 5 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

suppose I find it annoying when some sellers add the price of shipping and duty on top of the asking price. How can those costs effect the value of a product that is already INSIDE the country, presumably since the 90's. The taxes and shipping were paid for long time ago by somebody else unless the seller was the original owner. Most cases not..and the machine was bought dirt cheap when operators started unloading them. Look at it this way...the guy at the 7-11 wouldnt make very much money if he was selling cans of coke for 20 dollars a piece because he reckoned it would cost the customer 25 dollars to drive to the closest bordertown to get one. Just saying.

I usually buy pins out of the States myself, been buying NIB mainly. When I go to sell, I am not going to eat the GST and shipping costs I had to spend to get the pin up here just so a fellow Canadian can get a break. I don't try to get it all back, but I am looking for some of it, how much depends on how long I had the machine here. I use money I get from selling pins to buy other pins. Not looking to make a profit, but trying to keep costs under control so I can keep enjoying the hobby the way I like. I've had to defend my pricing a couple of times, and it sucks.

Price Policing sucks in general and I wish we could keep it out of this thread. Pingod is a great guy, an asset to the pin community, especially here in Calgary. You will not find another guy who is more willing to help out another pinhead and pinball in general. If his machine is priced higher than you would like, don't buy. Don't come in here and slag on someone because their price isn't to your liking. I am sure his Congo (haven't seen it) is nicer than 90% of them out there and is priced accordingly.

#10089 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

People are allowed to post their opinions on internet forums, whether others like it or not is irrelevant.

Yes? I am allowed to fart in public too, whether others like it or not is irrelevant. I try not to do it around others though, just to be polite.

#10094 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Farting in public is not subjectively offensive like price policing, so that's not a great analogy.

It was funny though. At least I thought so. My sense of humor can be off. Or you might not have one. Not sure which is which.

PS-> I Googled it, and farting IS subjectively offensive! Hah!

#10096 5 years ago

To get back on topic, I am looking for a GoT Premium (wish I had the cash to buy Aeonblack's when it was for sale), or a nice WMS IJ (Pingod won't sell me his even after I said nice things about him ). Please PM if you have something, would prefer within driving distance of Calgary.

#10107 5 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Please tell me if it’s a good price or if you think it’s high.
If your new, who do u ask ?
If your new, how would I know past sales are available?
This is still a for sales forum?

The info in this thread is a very poor indicator of what you should pay for a pin. At best it will tell you what was being asked for for a pin at some point in time. The market changes fast. Most of the price policing people do is based off of their own experiences a year ago, or what some beater sold for to some friend of theirs that lives across the country (or in another country). Monitor the sales that go on in your area, keep in touch with other local pinheads, and decide yourself how much you would spend for a particular title and go from there.

There is a whole sub forum dedicated to buying and selling advice where you can ask Pinside in general what they think a price should be, but take it with a grain of salt. If there are 10 examples of one title sellling in California and one near you, the price in California is meaningless unless you want to ship and the seller is willing to.

#10108 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm curious what the majority of you in this thread consider a fair price on a very good high speed. Totally shopped (by an actual shop locally, not just some guy saying so)
I've been approached by 2 high speed owners.
2,800 decent shaped, hella far to drive
3,800 the shopped one. Delivered.

From market history here, 1500-2000 USD for very nice ones. As far as "totally shopped", take that with a HUGE grain of salt. I have seen "shopped by an actual shop" machines in pretty bad condition. Get hi-res pics of the playfield, the cabinet, underside, anything that can help you determine condition (if not possible to see in person) and go from there.

#10111 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Sorry, to clarify. The shopped one is from my local pinball shop. 40yr old shop and I've dealt with them for new pins. Reliable folks. The machine IS in great shape. Just wasnt looking to pay store pricing. Are these going for over 3,000 in Canada now. I dont have much pricing to work off. At least not Ontario pricing

Don't know, haven't been in the market for one, maybe someone else can chime in. Is it worth over 3k to you personally? I think I have seen some on Kijiji this year for around $2500, but no idea of condition. Have you tried asking on the Pinball Revolution website/forums? Lots of Eastern collectors on there.

#10113 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

I remember seeing the getaway for 3k 2 years back. Prices change fast.

So does the exchange rate

#10147 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Ive done many long distance deals and have no qualms shipping games; but it's always been within Canada. Only usa games I've purchased we're drive able and I paid cash on pickup.

What about games too far to drive for? What do you guys do for payment? Just curious as I can't seem to find what I'm looking for north of the border.

Any advice appreciated

Not much difference from dealing long distance in Canada and how you would pay for that, just cannot really do interac e-transfer. Payment wise I have sent a bank draft, done bank to bank wire transfer, did Paypal for one but that was because it was off of ebay. Other difference would be you need a customs broker to handle the HST at the border unless you are just going to get it shipped US side and pick it up yourself.

3 weeks later
#10395 5 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I am located in northern Ontario and looking to buy my first NIB game. Which distributor should I go through, Player one or Nitro? Or does it matter?

It matters. Nitro all the way. Why? They are all and only about pinball. They are at the shows, at the reveals and provide major support to the community. Add on top of that the quality of the customer service and that Tommy is one of the nicest guys out there and it becomes a no brainer, at least out here in the West.

3 months later
#11285 4 years ago

Thinking of moving my AD/DC Luci. Original run, not vault. Main differences from vault are wooden back box vs metal, lower play field window is not held in with screws. Mods include:

- Cliffys
- Plastic protectors
- Red translucent light up apron kit.
- Pinbits red lighting bolt flashers
- Speaker light kit with inserts
- Shaker
- Color DMD

Original owner, unboxed and never moved, in excellent condition. Not looking to ship at the moment. $8800 CAD without Color DMD, $9300 with. Looking to free up some pinball cash so not considering trades right now. Will have pics avail by the weekend upon request.

#11311 4 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Wow great price on this if I didn’t just get a new game I’d be all over this. Glws

(quickly raises price)

1 week later
#11365 4 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Thinking of moving my AD/DC Luci. Original run, not vault. Main differences from vault are wooden back box vs metal, lower play field window is not held in with screws. Mods include:

- Cliffys
- Plastic protectors
- Red translucent light up apron kit.
- Pinbits red lighting bolt flashers
- Speaker light kit with inserts
- Shaker
- Color DMD

Original owner, unboxed and never moved, in excellent condition. Not looking to ship at the moment. $8800 CAD without Color DMD, $9300 with. Looking to free up some pinball cash so not considering trades right now. Will have pics avail by the weekend upon request.

Luci is off the market. Priced it for a quick sale, nothing materialized. Don't want to deal with selling anything while the weather is nice, will probably re-post after summer.

#11367 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I thought about selling my Luci too, but then I think ACDC in general is a harder game to sell. I would have priced mine about $9000 with the colordmd.

Rob

People can price their games however they want. I think with the other mods I had in it it was a fair price. I could've knocked 500 more off, a thousand off, whatever, but not desperate to sell. That being said I didn't get a lot of price objections, just a lot of tire kickers that responded and then went silent. My least favorite part about selling pins.

I am in a weird place with pinball in general right now, where I am swinging between selling everything and just getting out of the hobby altogether, then the next week thinking about buying 3 more games. Think it is time to just take a break from it all for the summer.

3 weeks later
#11552 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Hey crew, I need to free up some cash so I will be putting up my xmen LE shortly $6900 firm. Very nice huo example. Lmk if you’re interested.

Underrated game imo. Had mine since launch and still really enjoy it. Also looks awesome with a ColorDMD. Good luck with the sale.

2 weeks later
#11673 4 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

If picking up a used machine from the US are there issues with crossing back into Canada?

You will have to pay HST/GST unless you get a relaxed border guy.

8 months later
#13272 4 years ago

Please let’s not turn this thread into a covid discussion

#13285 4 years ago

nm

1 month later
#13515 3 years ago

Wish someone would’ve sent me links to all of the 7k Beatles Gold out there before I bought mine a few days ago. Depreciated faster than my covid hit RRSP.

#13525 3 years ago

Seriously though, how does one find the 7-8k CDn HUO Beatles? Is that a hard data number or a “how much I would pay for one” number?

I don’t see any history of sales like that here or on pinrev. I see evidence of some selling around 6k USD on market history on here (Pinside est value is 6300), which is more than 8400 after posted exchange (add another couple percentage points for bank fees) and doesn’t include any shipping or tax.

I felt like I got a decent deal on the one I just bought given the research I did at the time, but now I figure I missed something or there is a secret society pinball market I am not privy to.

Buying/selling a pinball machine is starting to feel like buying/selling a car. All bullshit and manipulation and zero amount of fun

#13528 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

In the end it doesn't really matter how much you paid. Did you feel it was a fair price? Are you enjoying the game?

The fact remains that this is not a game that sells well. They are sitting NIB in a bunch of distributor's stores/warehouses in the US and Canada. They will continue getting discounted until they sell.

The only issue you will run into is when you get bored of it and want to sell/trade it may be difficult to get what you feel is a 'reasonable value' since NIB can still be had, possibly with significant discounts...

Just enjoy the game.

Of course it matters what I paid. Whether or not I got a fair price is the exact point. I don't know anyone who enjoys feeling like they overpaid for something. Not looking for a philosophical debate though, looking for the data behind this:

Quoted from luch:

7-8k canadian second hand , i know player one has golds NIB which are the entry level game for I think $9200 Can plus taxes

When a community member asks what the prices would be, and someone tosses out that number, it sets an expectation that unless you are getting an HUO Beatles Gold for 7-8k you are getting shafted. My question remains, is this a real number and if so, based on what? Feelings? A deal that someone heard about from their second cousin? Multiple deals in the GTA area in that range?

I know I am coming off a bit salty (cause I am feeling a bit salty), but really just looking to improve my pricing methodologies, set out to learn any secret handshakes, whatever so I can get better deals in the future.

Thanks.

#13531 3 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Yea, but things happen. Look at RZ or Houdini. Those games lost huge in value. Most new games don't hold value like an old classic but getting those are becoming out of reach for most these days.

It's like anything in life, the more motivation you have to buy, the less of a deal you are bound to get. The best deals I have gotten are on games that I was prepared to walk away from or was not actively looking for. I agree no one like overpaying for anything.

I get market value dropping on some pins. I have felt that pain on multiple occasions (shakes his fist at Avengers LE) and it is something I expect every time I buy a pin. Not one of those folks who expects pins to be constantly appreciating.

However buying a pin and then being informed via the interwebz *days* (not weeks/months/years) later that I may have seriously miscalculated the value of the pin has me asking questions.

Sorry to have taken the thread so far off topic. Will stop now.

#13550 3 years ago
Quoted from luch:

well said ! bravo !

I agree with most of what Meegis posted. It is a bit of a straw man though as I don't think anyone was saying Beatles Gold sells at list price, especially used. My problem is you stated it was 7-8k. Basic math does not support that.

I tend to price things out from what it would reasonably cost me to bring it up from the US. For me that would include shipping and brokerage fees, but let's not include that for simplicity. I am going to use today's exchange rates. Maybe some people have USD in the bank they have purchased cheaper, whatever, going by what "Joe Regular" would have access to right now. From TD's site, that is 1.44 when buying US currency.

Scenario 1 - Assuming $5500.00 Beatles Gold (Meegis low)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5500 * 1.44 = 7920. Add in another 5% here (13% out east) you are looking at $8300-$8949 to bring one up.

Scenario 2 - Assuming $6300.00 Beatles Gold (Pinside "price")
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6300 * 1.44 = 9072. Add in taxes you are looking at 9500-10250

So range would be $8300 to $9500 to bring one in to Alberta (again not including any shipping/brokerage costs), $8900 to $10200 for out East, most likely somewhere in the middle is where the majority of deals would be at this point in time. Even the extra special "local club" deal you guys can get from P1 is going to put you at 9600 to 10000 theoretically for a NIB once you take tax into account.

If you can get one for $7k-8k like you stated you are definitely getting one hell of a deal, just feels like a number not based in any kind of reality. Of course if exchange swings these numbers change dramatically. If we go up to par then we will all be swimming in pins. Until then I just focus on the what is.

#13552 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I hear what you're saying, and I can appreciate where you're coming from, but the what is and the what was, and the what can be is just varying degrees of the same thing.

Sorry, that's just a bit too zen for me, especially when someone has specifically asked about a reasonable market price for a pin "in the now".

Quoted from Meegis:

I'm using what has actually sold, not just what's listed.

Even at the $5500 number the math doesn't work out to 7-8k CDN, as I showed in my last post. Which is what I am arguing, that number makes no sense. Is $5500 a reasonable number to begin with? Not to me, and I have looked at the archive as well, but that is between a buyer and seller I guess.

Quoted from Meegis:

If I list a game in my collection high, it won't sell, but it will show up in market. If someone else sees my higher price and decides to copy or come close, there's now two in the market.

Did the games value go up? No

If they sell, then sure, we can see the value shift, but sadly, games haven't. With covid19 taking its toll financially, I'm curious to see who's left standing in the end and what people may need to do to scrub up some extra dollars.

Yep, common sense. Supply and demand will for sure impact pricing. And yes, the more recent the comparable the better the value estimate, especially if the location is close. However even with a great comparable, you can only buy what is currently for sale and at a number someone is willing to sell for, which I take into account when I try to figure out my pricing.

Quoted from Meegis:

You mention the exchange... If it takes a sudden swing for the better (as we all hope) will the value of our games all go down? Will people not be upset that their 'investment' has just plummeted?

Yes and yes? But why is that relevant to the current market price of a pin? Exchange rates in the past or future are irrelevant to the price of a pin *right now*. I use the actual current exchange values to calculate the actual current dollar value of a pin. What else should we use as collectors for a specific point in time? Maybe we should just all start pricing in USD in this thread to make things simpler.

Quoted from Meegis:

We all have to realize, Pinball is a toy. A very expensive one. You buy when you're comfortable to buy and you buy at a price you feel comfortable to pay. It doesn't matter if someone else can buy cheaper or sell higher. I the end, you made the deal at the time, and whatever happens is a rub.

Thanks? I've been buying and selling pins for many years now. I get the mechanics.

Someone asked a simple question, got a simple (and imo way out there) answer, I have been trying to get to the bottom of it. I get it now. They made it up based on their feelings, and what exchange rates may be, or have been and/or what covid could do to the market. Almost like they are selling at estimated future pin values. Interesting way to buy and sell a pin, but to each their own.

I really do apologize to everyone about taking things so off tangent and a waste of digital space. My next post will be about selling or buying a pin, I promise.

#13553 3 years ago
Quoted from Sleepy:

I'm looking to buy the following games if anyone has one for sale in or around the GTA. Preferably west end near Oakville/Burlington/Hamilton. They must be at least in good working condition with no playfield wear. Just let me know your price and location.

1972 Williams Olympic Hockey
1980 Williams Firepower
1988 Williams Taxi (Marilyn version)
2019 Stern Jurassic Park (Pro or Premium)

Thanks!

Bump for relevancy

#13554 3 years ago
Quoted from Adib:

Well let's sell something, world cup soccer 94. Great machine. Priced to sell. 3995$

Please view this ad:

worlcup soccer pinball machine,
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/edmonton/worlcup-soccer-pinball-machine/1500685703?utm_source=com.google.android.apps.docs&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

Price: $ 3,995

Bump for relevancy

3 months later
#14455 3 years ago

You don't pay duty, just GST/HST.

#14512 3 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

He said he would pay in full that’s not the problem. But he wants to do business PayPal for the transaction. I suggested etransfer but he wants to do PayPal he says we are both protected that way.

Paypal will protect him as the buyer, will do next to nothing to protect you as the seller. Something goes wrong in shipping, the buyer thinks you misled him on something, he will have all the power, you will be boned.

1 week later
#14618 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

My 2 year old daughter informed me yesterday that we need a spiderman pinball machine

Tell her to get a job and start saving

#14629 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

At this moment in time is it possible to get a pin across the boarder? Is the only option to have a shipper actually bring it across or is there a way to still be allowed to get it to a border shipping depot and just go grab it?

To the letter of the law, would have to be a shipper bringing it across. Maybe you could talk your way across (have no idea how), but not sure it would be worth the drive to make the attempt.

#14670 3 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I've lost touch on pricing

Me too. I used to think I had a handle on it, but some games I see listed that to me seem way too high sell immediately, other games I think are reasonable sit forever. The scary thing is sometimes they are the same model and listed within weeks of each other. Crazy.

Quoted from Spencer:

I'm more than happy with what I was able to move it on for, tad above $10K. Basically exactly what I paid NIB.

Nice! I would be ecstatic if I sold a pin for close to what I paid NIB once taxes and shipping are taken into account. I think I paid about 11500 all in for my AFMrLE when they were first released.

1 week later
#14819 3 years ago

CE is nice, but oh the price. (rhyming was by accident)

3 weeks later
#15010 3 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I see it. "Surrey, BC"

I see it now too, wasn't showing before, he must've updated his Pinside settings.

3 months later
#15820 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

His charm and personality!

Doubtful.

3 months later
#16790 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Pay in USD so you control the rate of exchange. This is what I do with Player One in Toronto.

I wanted to pay in USD with Player One on a Stranger Things Premium, was told they wouldn't do that because it was already in stock. They also wanted several hundred CDN above what it would've been with the average exchange rate over the last few months, so not sure exactly how they were calculating their CDN price. In any case it worked out to about 8400 USD given what the exchange rate was at the time (then had to add tax and shipping), so hard pass.

#16805 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Anything in stock, you need to pay the price they paid. I think exchange rate then was either 1.35/1.40

Yes, that is my experience. At least with Player One. The reason I brought it up is because the below doesn't always apply. Just wanted people to be aware.

Quoted from pinballjah:

Pay in USD so you control the rate of exchange. This is what I do with Player One in Toronto.

1 month later
#17086 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

What’s a Demo Man worth these days?

The way people are throwing around prices these days? At least 25k.

1 month later
#17419 2 years ago
Quoted from kyriel:

There are two occasions that happen in my life when I routinely wish I lived in Alberta - every time I look at buying a car, or buying a pinball machine. That lack of PST sure looks nice from next door, and we don't even have the higher HSTs that some of you do!

Yeah, but then you have to deal with all the filthy Albertans

4 weeks later
#17583 2 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

GREAT price on the TMNT…. Wish i could snag it.

I dunno, he didn’t specify cdn dollars......I kid, but with prices people are asking these days it could go either way.

#17660 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I can't recall the number of $10k stock investments I have lost money on, but never lost money on a $10k pinball machine. So really not a bad way to park your capital.

I’ve heard several people say this, has rarely held true for me. Took a big hit on Ghostbusters, Star Wars, the first Avengers, just to name a few. Going to start upping my prices.

#17672 2 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Before you do...

Quoted from pingod:

Already said I'd take the DPLE

Quoted from Meegis:

I'll happily lowball you on your current games, just let me know :p

lol, thanks guys. Feels good to be wanted

#17686 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

he can store them at my house!

I'm way closer.

1 month later
#18024 2 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Fuck me that was fast. Sold pending deposit and pick up this weekend.

Feel sad I missed out on this one. Must've missed the initial for sale post by 10 mins, then checked this morning and it was already gone! Grats on the quick sale.

2 months later
#18596 2 years ago

My solution (not unique I am sure) to the craziness is to just not buy pins anymore. I am now down to two. Things have gotten too expensive for me to cycle pins in and out now.

In the NIB market there are maybe one or two themes that could get me to drop a bag of cash. In the used market I cannot think of anything that I would want at the prices people are asking.

I hope at this point next year things have calmed down a bit.

#18660 2 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

In a heated real estate market it can feel just absolutely brutal bidding for 10’s of thousands above the asking price with multiple offers on the table. During a slow real estate market you just might have the owner ask you for dinner after you come to terms.

Just as in pinball, which is crazy-town hot right now, it’s the market and not so much the people. Same people - insane market and so not the best time for newbs to enter unless money is of no concern.

I get what you are saying but the people have changed too imo. Lots of flippers have entered the market, and it feels like some people who used to be in it for the hobby are now more interested in the cash.

Used to be you could give a good deal to a fellow pinhead and expect you would get a good deal in return from someone else. Now everyone has $$ in their eyes and gleefully declares "its the market" like that makes every buying and selling decision somehow not their choice.

Quoted from spinal:

And you can’t be mad at sellers (although I agree things have come completely off the rails) because most of us would sell at the market rate wouldn’t we?

I know that personally I have stopped offering any kind of "deal" to anyone other than a select few. Got tired of seeing the deals I used to offer get flipped, or not get offered a similar deal in return. So yeah, it is market rate from me. But people and their behavior put me there.

#18663 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Am I the only one who thinks Rush sucks and is a total waste of a theme? I could think of 100 other musicians I'd rather hear then rush

Let's see the list

#18719 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

So if I bought a Getaway five years ago for $2k, I should let it go for $1.9k? What do I do when I get offers of $5-6k? Take the first offer of $1.9k or how do I handle the 100 offers above $1.9k?

I think what northerndude was referring to was the relatively new practice of selling every pin made in the last 5 years at NIB or higher prices. "I know I only paid 8000 for this LE, but now new LEs cost 15000, so I want 15000 so I can do a one to one trade. Don't care that I put 1000 plays on the old one". That works right now, because the market is insane.

For your example:

In a perfect world, if you had someone local who was into the hobby offer you 5k, but you know you could get 6k, you would let it go to the fellow hobbyist for 5k, knowing you still made 3k and be happy with that.

But we don't live in a perfect world. 90% of the time that person you gave it to for 5k would turn around and sell it for 6k in a month, pocketing the 1k and thinking they were a financial genius.

The market is insane because buyers are throwing money around like if they don't get a pin they are going to drop dead.

In any case, perhaps this general pricing discussion could move to the Canadian Pinhead thread and get this one back to buying/selling specific pins?

3 months later
#19646 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Here we have a “limited” relatively small community of pinheads spread out over the country. (In my area Greater Toronto) there are very limited even Arcades where one could play pins. In short, it’s much much harder to find games locally so we include Canada as a whole.
The USA has such a large population and more large cities, hobbyists, distributor (1 Dist for all of East Canada Monopoly), suppliers etc etc. Canada is small, don’t let the geographic continental mass fool you. In USA your large cities have the population of our entire country.
Also, we have taxes & duties to fund Trudeau’s vacations & cottages (Socialist Dictatorship).
Buying and selling within Canada helps us avoid the government getting into our hobby.
Also the Exchange rate is a Killer!
Our weaker communist dollar doesn’t help matters
That’s how it is for Me anyway.
With any hope I’ll be able to move to the USA in the near future.

No US cities have a population more than Canada. All of California does though. And can we please keep political discussions out of this thread? Good luck on your move to the US.

2 months later
#20176 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

You kept the deposit because they backed out? Is that legal? Pretty dirty IMO.

Huh? Kind of the whole point of deposits.

2 months later
#20868 1 year ago
Quoted from pingod:

It won't be going in there.
We are no longer in the Casino.
Games are now at the Hidden Spot in Calgary.

If it shows up on location I am going to carve my initials into the side of it.

#20881 1 year ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I had $220usd of parts arrive last week with $118cdn duty. Freaking UPS

Yeah, it sucks. But it isn't duty. Pinball parts are duty free. It is HST, with a lot of UPS handling fees tacked on.

Quoted from transprtr4u:

Fight it ... Make them produce all the paperwork ...
I do this on the $20.00 custom fee they add to every order...
Not once have they been able to prove they paid this ...

The $20.00 isn't something they paid on your behalf, it is a fee they are charging for acting as your broker. They most likely did pay some HST on your behalf when the package came over the border. You might be able to fight it by saying you never gave them permission to clear customs on your behalf, and maybe they will waive the fee, but maybe not. Luckily $20.00 is a fart in the wind compared to what they want to charge you on larger items.

Strategies to avoid this crap:
1) If you possibly can, get the shipper to ship USPS rather than UPS. It will end up going through Canada Post, and while you will still have to pay the tax you will only get charged a $10.00 flat fee. More easily said than done though, a lot of companies don't want the hassle.

2) Use a company like Shippsy that will save you shipping cost by having it go to a US address, and charge you a reasonable customs fee.

3) Clear customs yourself. You can easily clear customs yourself on anything under $2500.00 as long as you are reasonably close to a CBSA office that handles customs clearing. $2500 and over it is better to use a broker.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/57#post-5631455

1 month later
#21384 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

TS4 LE (130 plays as of today)
$17.5

That's like $700.00 more than it would cost me to get a NIB one at full MSRP, including GST. Is it a typo?

#21386 1 year ago
Quoted from jurulz:

welcome to the EST! In Quebec the game NIB will cost around 18.5k with taxes minus the shipping.

Got it. I forget sometimes. 15% in some areas of the country is painful.

#21388 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Nib for you is still $17.5 after the exchange at 1.37 (today’s plus 3.5 points) and gst and shipping +- a few dollars depending on rate, but not the amount you mentioned

You calculated the bank rate which is not the exchange I get I like your math when I am the buyer though lol.

Really didn't want to get into price policing, and I recognize I shouldn't have made the original post, but since you are doubling down and insinuating I am either exaggerating or being deliberately misleading:

Three recently sold on Pinside for 10k USD or a couple hundred over (14500 with exchange and GST using your 3.5), so your price is aggressive regardless. You can charge what you want though, the market will decide, yadda yadda, but you are way off on your numbers.

3.5 points is way high. If you are paying that, you are doing it wrong. Even Visa only charges 2.5. Can get way less than that using Wise or XE to convert the cash. Could convert 12k USD today for a total of 16100 CAD (including wire transfer fee). Add GST would bring me to 16905. So still $600 less than your price. Shipping I would have to pay regardless so it cancels out. So unless I am missing something, that $600.00 less to get a NIB vs used. I was off by $100 from my original statement, I apologize.

Someone local to you, who would have to pay 13% and ship to get NIB, but could just pickup yours at your house would definitely save a few hundred over NIB. For out here it just doesn't make sense.

#21395 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Anyone would say that they'd buy a game for thousands less than MSRP, regardless of title.

Thunderbirds?

#21418 1 year ago
Quoted from dino7c:

well yeah they are looking into it themselves I just thought a Canadian regional thread might have some good advice...not sure why I wouldn't try and help someone who wants to buy something of mine especially for full asking price

I feel it is risky as a seller to arrange the shipping for a buyer, or even give recommendations. The buyer should pick the shipper, decide whether or not to pay insurance, etc. as once it leaves your house it should cease to be your responsibility, and clearly communicate that to the buyer. Otherwise you could get stuck in a situation where, if something goes wrong during shipping, the buyer could come after you to recoup damage costs, or end up returning a damaged game and expecting you to eat it.

If you are going to pack/wrap it up for them, make sure to communicate and get agreement as to how you are going to do it (on legs, not, crated, wrapped, in a Stern box, whatever) and take pics while packing and once done so you have a record as to how everything was when it was picked up (or dropped off at a depot).

Most people in the hobby are good people, but when something can go wrong with shipping a multi-thousand dollar item, cover your ass is my recommendation.

#21474 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Anyone from Calgary coming to Edmonton?

Make Dan deliver it. White glove service.

3 weeks later
#21644 1 year ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

In stock? Or coming this spring?

10500usd?

ETA March, and yes, 10500

3 weeks later
#21767 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

But also, I have other hobbies. *shrug*

This. I have lots of things I like to do with my time. I go through phases where I am playing multiple days in a row, but other phases where I don't even turn them on for weeks/months.

Financially maybe it would make more sense for me to just play on location when I get the itch, but I want to be able to play what I want, when I want, without having to do an hour round trip, pay for parking, pay bar beer prices just to flip the ball around for an hour.

Good news is that people who buy my games always get very nice examples

1 week later
#21864 1 year ago
Quoted from JustAnotherYoyo:

Stern is not making any more Rush. I have been told by an extremely reliable source that it has been put "in the vault".

Hasn't been archived from their games list yet. Been no last call on it. Might be premature to call it. Then again, Stern isn't always 100% consistent with this stuff.

2 weeks later
#22019 1 year ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Hmmmmm, I must need something!!??

Quoted from pingod:

I have a list of pins you can bring me

lol, yeah, I went through the website tempted to buy a game just to save on shipping

1 month later
#22386 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Over 20k not including shipping and taxes ...

Yeah, when pinball machines are costing that much it is a psychological threshold I have trouble getting past. Getting hard enough to personally justify the new Stern Premium price level, let alone JJP prices.

1 month later
#22717 11 months ago
Quoted from Tinnhound:

Actually, it would be kind of nice to put a face to the usernames here on pinside at Yegpin, or Flipout, I've been going for years and have often wondered who is who in the crowd. Maybe some kind of button, or nametag with the pinside logo and username. Maybe it sounds lame, but I know that I would probably stop and say Hi, if I recognized the name or seen a fellow "pinsider"

Pinside has a "generate a badge" feature, accessible through your profile.

1 week later
#22849 11 months ago

Prices have gotten so bad I bought a NIB Pro instead of Premium for the first time ever. It felt gross.

1 week later
#22954 10 months ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Hoping it would knock it out of park and they could resell it for double the cost. Found out now the game sucks like almost every other Spooky game and now dumping it for whatever they can.

Still looking forward to my Scooby, should be here in a few weeks. A bit disheartening to hear people shit on it, but that's people for you. In general I tend to like games others crap on so it will probably end up being a keeper for me lol.

3 months later
#23640 6 months ago
Quoted from JustAnotherYoyo:

Either way...I'm screwed.
What this means is that Shippsy assumes NO LIABILTY when using their services.
As someone who has a commercial account with them and imports millions of dollars of merchandise from the US, Shippsy is no longer a viable option for any products or shipments of significant value.

Crap. That sucks.

I think that is a risk with any kind of cross border shipping service unfortunately. They might sign for stuff that I would never accept. I have thought about using the Montana Shipping Outlet for games before but this exact scenario would keep me up at night. It becomes a finger pointing exercise between the two companies and the buyer is left holding the bag.

4 weeks later
#23807 6 months ago

Dan, buy an Elvira Blood Red edition then sell it to me way cheaper. Thanks in advance.

3 months later
#24279 89 days ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

If you are strictly trading, then you don't need an accompanying ad in the marketplace.

But what if all you want to trade for is cash?

#24326 87 days ago

My pet peeve with the market feature is that if you post the price in CAD, it doesn't show the price is in CAD when you are search, only when you view the details. So CAD games look way overpriced when looking at results. Don't know how that gets calculated into Pinside's average price for a game but could be skewing things.

Probably best as a seller to just post market ads in USD and mention the CAD price in the details.

1 week later
#24389 77 days ago
Quoted from luch:

not anymore , any paypal account within canada will get screwed with exchange

Yep. I cancelled my Paypal account after their auto-conversion crap. I had a CAD and a US account, was being paid by a guy from the US in USD, but for some reason Paypal thought they'd do me a "favor" by converting it to CAD and putting it in my CAD account.

I called Paypal to complain about it, and they couldn't even provide me with a breakdown of their fees on the transaction: "we don't have access to that information". Yeah, right.

Now I just don't use Paypal. Unfortunate because there has been some stuff I'd like to buy from places in the States that only take Paypal, but tired of dealing with their bs.

#24395 77 days ago
Quoted from BMGfan:

So I need to sell some pinball stuff to the US, (bout $100 US) I was planning on using PayPal but that sounds like a bad plan. A wire is going to be a pain for this, what's the best way to handle this?

If you are setup on Wise (formerly Transferwise) as a receiver it is probably the cheapest way to do it electronically. Once setup people can just look you up on there and send you cash no problem. It is a bit of a pain to setup (can take a couple of days to link up and get everything verified) and isn't always easiest thing to work with but it is cost effective.

Other than that, since e-transfer, Venmo, Zelle don't work cross border, Paypal is probably your only option. As luch said, add a buffer, you will get hosed on exchange and fees.

#24406 76 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

When this turn into theCanada hates PayPal thread

When we stopped being able to talk about selling pinball machines in it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_8788.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell?tu=paul_8788 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.