(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,780 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 minutes ago by Hershy
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mwong168.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#250 10 years ago

Good job on the Flintstones shop job Ryan!

#261 9 years ago

Someone on maaca just listed their restored Cactus Canyon FS/FT here:

http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15782

#282 9 years ago
Quoted from Cam:

Does anyone have a Safe Cracker they would look at trading or selling me? pm me for phone number and we can talk!!

Here is one for sale by Tom Palmer in London, ON.

http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14898

2 weeks later
#344 9 years ago
Quoted from Dooner:

The MM ad has been spamming Kijiji since last night. Has been posted all over Canada. I think Kijiji keeps kicking it off.

He's back! Go go go!

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collectibles/city-of-toronto/1997-williams-pinball-machine-medieval-madness/594206883?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

#349 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Does anyone else find it interesting that in the west people are moving machines like crazy, but in the east (Ont and Que), we tend to hoard more and not sell much?

Not sure what you are talking about? You might notice less pinball machines being listed on kijiji or forums but I've helped over 30 pins find new homes this year and over 140 in the past 2 years. It's who you know and being at the right place and right time.

#369 9 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I know YOU Mike...where's my HUO POTC? Let's go!!!

I thought you were over this game? I could have got you one 2-3 weeks ago but game is sold now.

#371 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Can you get me a nice Catacomb Mike?

If one is offered to me I will let you know. There was a project one last summer in Ottawa which I think you passed on right?

#392 9 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

If that TOTAN was near Toronto I might have a big problem.
want! + no space = big problem

There is a nice TOTAN restored by Chad Keller here

http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15451

Another nice looking one here too

http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15208

#421 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I agree with the above as well, but when in doubt about what can be done with paypal/EMT/ebay whatever, why post here above calling these companies/your bank and getting the best answer possible, one they will be liable for if they are wrong?

Maybe someone might have already called or work in the trade and know the answer? I have used EMT as both the sender and receiver with no issues. Just remember there is no EMT in Nigeria

1 month later
#552 9 years ago
Quoted from tmort:

IJ wide body is the heaviest pinball I have ever moved too! It is a beast!
Thumbs up on Jason being a great pin guy too. Played that ST you have and I really enjoyed it.
Ted

Wait till you have to move a STTNG, Black Hole or Safe Cracker!

#586 9 years ago
Quoted from goldmember:

yea because I weed the bs out ^^^^ peanut group or are you coming over with cash........... well I'am waiting..... that's funny all mouth with no cash
my psychic power says no cash lol haha but wants a picture

If you want to weed the bs or local tire kickers try and be a bit more descriptive in your ad. If you want to avoid answering the same questions over and over take more detailed pics. Everyone's standard or definition of "mint", "very nice", "HUO", "Collector Quality", etc... vary so much.

I was asked to look at pics of your TOTAN from a local collector you sent for my opinion because they are buying sight unseen from an unknown seller. Not sure how many inquiries you have had or people to come see the machine but they should be aware before showing up the main problem areas on your game around the magnets.

You have a wear around your left orb kick out which is very common as my own TOTAN had a little bit too when I first got it. I also noticed a bit of insert chipping on the "30" insert as well.

IMG-20140708-WA0005.jpgIMG-20140708-WA0005.jpg

You can install a Cliffy but I will tell you it does affect game play because the ball will only fall in the saucer on slow rolls otherwise it will bounce out after a hard shot off the captive ball. I am sure there are things that could be done to improve this such as adding some washers or lower the saucer but I also wasn't too keen on the way it looked. I took the Cliffy off after a few days and because the artwork was so brittle there I made it slightly worse. It's a good thing I had a close friend help me repair, touch up and do a spot clear on it.

You also have a bit of wear by your tiger ball lock magnet again very common. Luckily is not as easily visible from the player's perspective or only other collectors would notice it.

IMG-20140708-WA0003.jpgIMG-20140708-WA0003.jpg

The biggest drawback for me would be the genie magnet area. There is pretty significant wear and horrible touch up attempt in my opinion (so sorry if it was you by the way).

IMG-20140708-WA0004.jpgIMG-20140708-WA0004.jpg

Some other common questions you will get regarding your TOTAN are:

1) How are the plastics?
2) How are the ramps?
3) How are the inserts? Jpop games like TOTAN and CV all suffer from ghosting even if they have been HUO since Day #1.
4) How are the boards and connectors? Reset issues?
5) Is it a re-import?
6) Any lines out or gassing on the DMD?

Calling people names such as stupid doesn't help and if you aren't motivated to sell then why bother putting an ad up on kijiji or mentioning it here? Sorry if I am not helping out with your sale but at least I might have answered some questions others have had about your game before they decide if they want to pursue it or not.

#594 9 years ago

First off, I don't have $10,000 into my TOTAN and it was never even listed for sale on kijiji or the forums. If you really would like to know what I have it is $5350 delivered from a close friend in Peterborough to Toronto back in July 2012. Since then I have spent another $350 on upgrading the trim to brass plating from Mike Chestnut. I don't know why you are getting all bent out of shape and in no way shape or form did I harp on your price. I was just simply stating that if you provided more details, pics and lose the attitude it might help with the sale of your machine.

I also never inquired about your game and was merely asked by another local collector who was interested in your game to look over pics for a second opinion. I told him I had seen better conditioned TOTAN on gerry's last container for less and unless you are on CPR's waiting list for a repro playfield you will have to live with those wear areas.

I also don't own a boat and the person you are probably thinking of is mrxsiv here on maaca:

http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?p=137925#p137925

Funny enough he had a very nicely restored TOTAN by a local guy named poolman which he sold for $8000 in within the hour (probably thanks to my assist in posting pics) to fund his NIB ACDC Premium.

http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=10500

The $10,000 TOTAN you are also thinking of is holy_pickle's Chad Keller restore here which was sold in the past 2 weeks for around $8500.

http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=15451

goldmember please get your facts straight otherwise the only fool here is you.

#618 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Anybody else figure out that this goldmember guy started a new profile today under "bkcreature77" to try and defend himself. Not only is he rude and irate, be he's weird too.

I think one of his other alter egos is Hardkor from back in the day on maaca. I've had a few old friends from maaca read these posts on here and the writing style and bad attitude match 100% so I'm told. They said get Stan his meds and back to therapy too

#622 9 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

It's also really popular with the kids

Guys, that is really Drano playing by the way

I can't wait to stop by maybe tonight if Rob is going to be dropping off some parts at your place to try out your new CV?

#637 9 years ago

Might as well put this out there as I am looking for a nice Judge Dredd or Creech.

1 month later
#759 9 years ago

If anyone in Ontario is looking for a HUO WOZLE for $7500 let me know and I can put you in touch. It also mirror blades, additional lighting kit and cliffy's plus additional parts (light boards, door motor and fuses).

2 weeks later
#800 9 years ago
Quoted from Willathrilla:

Anybody have a Big Buck Hunter Pro that they want to let go of?

I was at SB aka Playdium Store late last week and saw they had a BBH for $3490+taxes.

#823 9 years ago
Quoted from Fuse:

Anyone know of an 8 ball deluxe in Ontario. A buddy of mine wants one. Must have a nice Playfield. Doesn't have to work.
Thanks

I might know of a really nice one for sale with a IPB playfield swap, all new Alltek boards and pretty nice cab too. Let me ask and see if he is interested in letting it go.

#824 9 years ago

Looks like I have pics of the Eight Ball Deluxe saved in my email and can confirm it is a 1984 run.

IMG_00000020.jpgIMG_00000020.jpg IMG_00000021.jpgIMG_00000021.jpg IMG_00000022.jpgIMG_00000022.jpg IMG_00000026.jpgIMG_00000026.jpg IMG_00000027.jpgIMG_00000027.jpg IMG_00000029.jpgIMG_00000029.jpg IMG_00000031.jpgIMG_00000031.jpg IMG_00000032.jpgIMG_00000032.jpg IMG_00000033.jpgIMG_00000033.jpg IMG_00000036.jpgIMG_00000036.jpg
2 months later
#1064 9 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Nope,creech is gone to.

Trying to find a creech so if anyone has for sale please shoot me a PM!

3 weeks later
#1180 9 years ago

If anyone is looking for a Creech or STTNG send me a PM and I can put you in touch with my friend who is selling them who should be back from vacation later this week. I have pics if you would like me to forward you of either machine.

2 months later
4 weeks later
#1830 9 years ago

My friend just listed his TOTAN and SWE1 for sale yesterday. Here are the details and pics for those who might be interested the pins are located in Ontario and shipping won't be an issue if you are out of province.

TOTAN
http://pinballrevolution.com/threads/totan.3224/

SWE1
http://pinballrevolution.com/threads/star-wars-episode-1.3225/

1 month later
#2100 9 years ago

Just a heads up, if anyone comes across a Hulk LE #93 or one for sale missing the LE plaque on the speaker panel please contact Aime 613-816-1080.

The game was stolen from Cinema 9 in Gatineau last Tuesday, full story can be read here:

http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18402

3 months later
#2795 8 years ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Doesn't Starburst still sell these?

Probably but for $6390+HST for a Metallica "Pro-mium" edition with LEDs.

#2887 8 years ago

I know of a top quality CV (that might be for sale). But I usually like to ask my friends if their games are for sale before letting others know. If he is ready to part with it I can get pics for anyone interested too.

I am also toying with the idea of parting with my very nice TOTAN to make room and potentially bring in something new to my collection. It has a very nice cab with very little fade, playfield inserts have minimal ghosting, high wear areas such as the orb and magnet areas show zero wear, ramps are perfect as well as plastics, wire forms and sword in shooter lane have been re-plated, brand new repro apron installed last month, Mike Chestnut brass plated trim and custom topper and treasure chest with jewel mods made by myself. Not that it matters nor does it affect my game value's in anyway but the translite is signed by JPOOP too!

DSCF2157.JPGDSCF2157.JPG

IMG-20120929-WA0006.jpgIMG-20120929-WA0006.jpg

If you are interested in more details or pics of my TOTAN let me know via PM. Heck if you are interested in CV and not within driving distance I could talk to my friend and we could throw them both on a pallet and ship out your way too.

2 months later
#3378 8 years ago

If anyone is interested in a TOTAN let me know because a friend of mine is thinking of selling for $7k. I know it has a sword topper and brand new repro apron. Shoot me a PM and I can put you in touch.

#3399 8 years ago

If anyone is interested in a very nice HUO CV let me know and my friend is thinking of selling for $8k. He is also same person I mentioned a few days ago with the TOTAN for $7k. It is still available and had a few offers presented to him but nothing is solid yet. Send me a PM and I can put you in touch for either machine.

4 months later
#4222 8 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

I'm looking for a T2 in Canada. It can be a project pin.

PM sent

2 months later
#4549 7 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Modded met pro might be shaking loose. Pics to follow, or PM for details.
At work right now, can't post. Bought new from starburst, huo.

You sure you bought this new from SB? I guess your receipt from them will reflect this but I do recall you telling me this was their showroom model. You even had to wait a few weeks for their techs to fix a few small issues.

Regardless, very nice looking Metallica Pro and good luck on your sale.

10 months later
#6192 7 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

Selling these babies... all sterns under 100 plays and perfect, B/W are all loaded with mods and collector quality. Pricing is a bitch don't want to rip anyone off but based on condition of games I'm looking to get the higher end of U.S value. Serious inquiries only please.

Excellent line up and good luck on your sale.

8 months later
#7793 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Still looking for a CftBL.

I just sent my friend this because he is thinking of selling his really nice creech. He's got an account on here but not very active as of late so hopefully he will send you a PM.

9 months later
4 months later
1 year later
#14636 3 years ago

I've got 6 used Plasma DMD displays I pulled out from my games because I swapped them over to Pin2DMD color displays. These are all working perfectly without any dots or lines out. The makes vary from Babcock, Cherry and Vishay but will work in any 90's WPC DMD title.

Price is $100cdn/each

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1524425364

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mwong168.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell?tu=mwong168 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.