(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,638 posts
  • 702 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by cait001
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mitchzizzle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17521 2 years ago

Apologies if this has been mentionned before, but if you are buying a new game from the US I would recommend getting a USD credit card, and ideally keep a USD bank account for yourself, or at least just pay the bank premium on the USD exchange - NEVER pay on a CAD credit card if you can help it, 2% on $8k USD is $160 you could be saving

#17522 2 years ago

Also back on topic - I have a TAX for sale - just picked it up this month but a dream pin of mine came up and well... it was a fun month

$4000 is what I payed a month ago. Marilyn playfield with a little bit of wear around the ramps exits.

Listowel ONT pickup!

#17525 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I imagine anyone with a game on order is now going to have to probably pay significantly more when it arrives?
Rob

When I asked Nitro pinball if there were any further charges/duties I could expect if I ordered an Alien pinball they said there would be no extra fees at all

#17531 2 years ago

Bummer on that but.... snooze you lose I guess

I had eventually decided to use up a little bit less of the pin-budget on a Dirty Harry instead - half the price overall, Im not too upset with my decision

1 week later
#17578 2 years ago

Worth it though I love my Freeplay40 PinBot ramps

#17612 2 years ago

Uhhh what? USD? Thats beyond ridiculous. Back to tge Future is a shitty annoying game

#17625 2 years ago

Anybody in Ontario with a Starship troopers they are interested in moving - please contact me with details! Thanks!

3 months later
#18674 2 years ago

To you who says you would rather have a Katy Perry themed pinball machine than a Rush machine - shame shame shame shame. If there was a Taylor Swift machine it would be the most vandalized machine on earth - because I would aim to draw moustaches and Peni' on every machine in existence

#18707 2 years ago

From my perspective the used 'collectors' market can be separated from the used market as a whole - you can buy a reasonable 'players' quality game if you can deal with regular wear, like an F14 or Fire! I see selling for under 4k - or you can buy a Sys11 machine that has been cosmetically perfected for $5k+ The problem is that as games like that get older - eventually somebody is going to buy a players game for $3500, put $1k+ into it, and assume it should be worth $5k+

As for new machines - if you bought a new one for 9.5 and the same machine is now going for 12k new, thats just inflation...

2 weeks later
#18951 2 years ago

Does anyone in Canada have a spare 14-strand Ribbon Cable (the one that goes dmd -> display board, for a Williams dmd machine) that they can sell me and ship to Listowel, On. Let me know, youd be saving me a bunch of hassle making a whole order for one darn cable!

#18956 2 years ago

-facepalm- to the price talking guys. If the convo goes on for multiple pages doesnt it deserve its own thread?

#18989 2 years ago

Yes I think its an awesome time if you are looking for games in Canada - almost every game I thought were my 'dream games' has shown up for sale in the past year! Now if only I had the space for them all

2 weeks later
#19149 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Nice Tommy on FB in Quebec if anyone is looking for one $7,200 asking.

Oh dang. Once again wish I was closer to QC

1 month later
#19405 2 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Is nobody jumping on that 'refinery' Deadpool on facebook that looks like a modded pro for more money than an LE ???

I have played that game and it is a straight beauty. One of a kind, with all the features of a Prem (if not an LE?). I bought my WhoDunnit from Joe and hes a great guy to deal with, certainly felt like I got a good deal on my game

#19406 2 years ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

I have played that game and it is a straight beauty. One of a kind, with all the features of a Prem (if not an LE?). I bought my WhoDunnit from Joe and hes a great guy to deal with, certainly felt like I got a good deal on my game

#19410 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

It has a two-way gate for the pops and a lift ramp as well as 8 drop targets that the Pro doesn’t have?

Not an LE then

1 month later
#19659 1 year ago

I am on the lookout for a Bad Cats in Southwestern Ont - if anyone has info on one let me know!

#19754 1 year ago

Speaking of which, anybody with a Bad Cats in Ontario to sell/trade?

4 weeks later
#19937 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

So if I pay US I pay no tax? That makes no sense.

$7600 CDN + sales tax = 8500 ish

3 weeks later
#20096 1 year ago

Just curious if anyone can help me out and estimate the quality of a players or better quality Abra Ca Dabra fully functionning?

#20116 1 year ago

Still looking for a Bad Cats

1 month later
#20431 1 year ago

WhoDunnit for sale - some very minor wear on the center inserts, otherwise beautiful player with a very clean cab. Added Tilt art blades and will include (uninstalled) a playfield protector and 3 new slot reels with decals. Asking $5900 (hopefully to fund another game...) https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/stratford-on/who-dunnit-1995-pinball-machine/1628217882

1 week later
#20457 1 year ago

Used buyers market in Canada looks pretty good right now... lots of games coming up this summer and some good deals compared to Covid times I must say.

The CAD outlook is pretty bogus right now, if distributors are lowering their stock and trying to mainly deal by taking payments in full as games pass customs, Im sure they are trying to lower their risk from losing out on currency fluctuations

#20460 1 year ago

Oh yeah. Im in hot water because Ive bought two this month, I keep saying I am 'going to sell one' to make room. . But just cant find a local buyer for my WhoDunnit oh well I guess Ill hold onto it for now

#20489 1 year ago

For Trade: ALIEN SV for your Rick and Morty , only Rick and Morty

FOR SALE: WhoDunnit , art blades and new slot reels (uninstallled) included. $6000 obo

#20495 1 year ago

Cant beat that timing! Lol

1 month later
#20872 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

If I was trying to make money at a pinball adventure or bring people in I wouldn’t put them someplace hidden

Unless your pinball business was just a cover to claim back the HST from your collecting habit

#20898 1 year ago

Its been a while just posting my WANT DESPERATELY list;
Bad Cats
Rocky and Bullwinkle

If you have either of these youd be willing to part with give me a message! Cheers!

2 weeks later
#21014 1 year ago
Quoted from Peter_Griffin:

Does anyone have (or know of) a Sopranos game for sale?

There has been one on Kijiji for a while , $8k with mods, I think it was located in Peterborough?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/peterborough/sopranos-pinball-arcade-machine/1596335532

1 week later
#21134 1 year ago

Okayyyy - which of you lucky dogs got the TSPP on kijiki for $7500 ?! Ya beat me to it!!

#21136 1 year ago
Quoted from Steve_d71:

That was a steal compared to the other one for 18k!!

Well yeah but clearly that guy is just looking for someone to charge the idiot tax too. Or maybe just pass it along . .

#21145 1 year ago

Interesting and very possible - I told him I was in if anyone backed out, and would go to $8k for the TSPP and got no response. Currently he is at a 5 star rating - you guys are probably right by posting a few pin-sale ads and actually selling a few little things he can make his scam look more legit?

Patrick if youre here, just know were talking shit about ya

#21147 1 year ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Sold mine for 3200$ and was glad to get it!

Call me next time youre selling something! Take pity on me, I built a VPin in 2019 and got into the hobby in 2020, I think 7k for a 2000's Stern is a 'good deal' L O L

#21148 1 year ago

On that note - still hunting for a; Bad Cats, Junkyard, CFTBL and other Williams classics - hopefully for $3200

#21150 1 year ago
Quoted from guard:

Give Shane at MAPL a call,.....you might pry lose his Bad Cats. Though I can guarantee not for $3200 or it'd be here with me.

Haha I actually already gave Mapl a go he said he was trading it to a buddy for a Diner. So I guess if that buddy is here I would definitely offer y'know, $5500-6k for that Bad Cats!

#21177 1 year ago
Quoted from miniman2020:

I'm here... And love how apparently you're not supposed to trust a guy names Patrick. Really do.
That fact that I worked my ass off... my entire f-ing life to buy my machines... only to appear in a thread to be a scammer is really $hitty.
But... If you all feel better doing... Than by all means... Please continue.
Cheers,
PJ

I meant no offense at all, tbh the ads looked legit to me, I was just willing to bet that if you were real you wouldnt be a member of this site, and might not have seen the going rate of those beautiful games you have. Very sorry you have to let them go sir, and heres hoping the lucky person who ends up with these games pays the deal forward too, it is always my thought when I get a good deal on a great pin! I was going to mention in response to that other comment my cousins name is Patrick and hes an A+ guy, would always trust a Patrick cheers and good luck with the sale !

1 month later
#21626 1 year ago

What about the Dr Who on there for 5500? Thats a great deal for someone, amazing game

2 months later
#22153 1 year ago

Question (for SE Ontario guys mainly) - what is the best option to do a powder-coated Williams rails/lockdown bar? Is there someone in Ontario who I could ship my parts to powdercoat the original hardware? Or is it a better idea just to buy already coated parts? (And if so - where do you guys order your powdercoatd parts from??)

#22161 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I use a guy in Etobicoke. He is very fair and does a good job. Do you know the color you want already?

Not fully decided yet but either gloss black or gunmetal, for a No Fear

1 month later
#22594 11 months ago

Posting one more time - anybody in Ontario have a Bad Cats they might sell? Save me from ordering one from the states!!!

2 months later
#23259 8 months ago

Anybody have a Bad Cats they would sell me? Name your price!

#23271 8 months ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

You missed that one outside London for 7.5 K a few weeks back on K?
I told him I would do 7k if he still had it in 2 weeks. Not the top of the wish list, but up there.

Dang, I did miss that!

2 weeks later
#23347 8 months ago

Hey Canadian friends just thought I would post this here - I am on the HUNT for a DR Dude Playfield. If you have been holding onto one and are willing to sell it, give me a message! Looks like I missed the boat on Planetary recreations...

Also looking for a Mr Big Shot figure -_-

If anyone has one of these and is ready to sell, I would be in your debt!

#23357 8 months ago

Did anybody else catch this charade?

$50k for what some might call a 'ruined' No Good Gofers!

ebay.com link: itm

#23364 8 months ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

BIN price is 240k

Unless its got Elvis' signature on it that seems a tad high

#23370 8 months ago

Looking for a friend - for an Evil Kinevil - send me a PM if you have one available : )

2 weeks later
#23482 7 months ago

Sorry for the offside question here - just because this is a Canadian thread, can anyone here point me in the direction of the best Clearcoat we can still source north of the border for Clearing playfields? I asked Ideal Supply locally - they only have one option for me and it looks like it cures very hot which I dont want. Can anybody recommend something I can order online easily? Thanks in advance!

Mitch

5 months later
#24374 58 days ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Is Ontario in its own bubble of pricing then? Because we just don't seem to get for sale listings of games in this sub-4k range you're speaking of.
Earthshaker has been $5,500 to $6,000. LW3's are $5,000. Cyclone, Dr Dude at $5,500. F14 at $4,250. Shadows are around $7,000. I can't tell you the last time I saw a Terminator 2 or Demolition Man at $4k-anything. More like $5k and closer to $6k. I did see a Rocky and Bullwinkle today at $5,300 and in great shape and that seems like a "fair" price to me.
Are the actual selling prices that much lower than the listed prices to make it seem like everything is vastly more expensive? It might make it a little more inviting to want to buy a game or two if there was at least some kind of consistency in the prices seen. It's all over the map at the moment. Yes, games priced too high just sit and games priced well go quick. It's this vast range in the middle that makes no sense to me.

Where abouts did you see the Rocky and Bullwinkle?

#24375 58 days ago

Also - if anyone has a Bad Cats they will sell please send me a message!

#24396 57 days ago
Quoted from BMGfan:

So I need to sell some pinball stuff to the US, (bout $100 US) I was planning on using PayPal but that sounds like a bad plan. A wire is going to be a pain for this, what's the best way to handle this?

Ask them to mail a cheque.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mitchzizzle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell?tu=mitchzizzle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.