(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12,753 posts
  • 513 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Pillarofawesome
  • Topic is favorited by 301 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,237 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jwilson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1280 5 years ago

I'd say the days of good deals from containers was over 10 years ago. I've done three containers and they got progressively worse.

First was from Germany and I paid $1000/game in 2003, and that was amazing. The Germans really took great care of their games and they only needed minor shopping to really clean up nice, and it was 80% A-list WMS games.

The second and third were from Argentina and Brazil and they were $1,500/game, but it was 40% A-list and in bad shape. I broke even on the second and lost money on the third (although now the games I kept from that run have tripled in price).

Don't buy games you can't personally inspect, or come with comprehensive photos.

#1309 5 years ago

I've only ever bought used games in the states and paid GST at the border. Often not even paying that.

If you buy new I suspect you'll have to pay local state taxes and then get a refund once you're back in Canada.

2 weeks later
#1381 5 years ago

After you've had 5+ games you sort of lose perspective, because even having one game usually blows people's minds when they come over, never mind the 7 or so I have now - or the 33 I had at one point!

My wife posted a photo of me with our newborn to Facebook but the vast majority of comments were about the games in the background...

I'd love it if my wife liked pinball but I'm fine with it being my thing alone, and even if it goes a week or more without any of them getting played, that's fine. I have a couple of parties a year and they get played to death. I could never give them all up.

#1385 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

You went from 31 to 5?? I'm envious. I wish I could even downsize to even 10 from the 28 I currently have.

I moved and only had room for 5. Yet I still have two in the garage!

I'd love to have the space for 33 again. There's something to like in every game.

1 month later
3 weeks later
#1825 4 years ago
Quoted from ValleyGuy:

Hi,
I have a Stern Flight 2000 that I picked up and not working, I hope to start working on it soon but was wondering before I got started and spending money on it if anyone has played this game or have any comments on it?
Thanks

No, it's terrible. You should just sell it to me.

3 weeks later
#2040 4 years ago

I wonder how they would handle doing a trade or buying a game at a show from a person with no receipt.

I never used to get hassled when I brought games back from the US but these days they're all over you.

1 month later
#2177 4 years ago

Selling my Earthshaker. Works 100% but needs to be shopped and the cabinet is a bit worn. Asking $2900CDN obo. Also open to trades.

I'm in Toronto.

IMG_2269.jpgIMG_2270.jpgIMG_2271.jpgIMG_2272.jpgIMG_2273.jpgIMG_2277.jpgIMG_2276.jpgIMG_2274.jpgIMG_2281.jpgIMG_2280.jpgIMG_2279.jpgIMG_2278.jpgIMG_2283.jpg

IMG_2282.jpg
IMG_2275.jpg

1 week later
#2219 4 years ago

Can anyone recommend a shipping company that will do street-level pickup? I can prep the game on a pallet but getting to the airport, etc. is a bit of a problem right now.

2 weeks later
#2342 4 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

I'm looking at picking up a Starship Troopers tomorrow. Anyone have it or has had it in their collection? Any advice or comments (neg, pos) would be appreciated. Thanks

Underrated game. I'd totally own one. The bug shrieks get a bit annoying though.

4 weeks later
#2472 4 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Quick Question... What's the longest you guys leave your older games on for.

Years. They're designed to be left on 24/7.

If you've gone through them and fixed all the issues and done any of the reliability upgrades, they should be able to stay on indefinitely. Bit of a waste of electricity in your home, and some heat issues on plastics sometimes, but it doesn't hurt them.

1 week later
#2520 4 years ago

Basically, if a game is still available after about 20 minutes on Kijiji, it's a bad deal.

#2523 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

I'd say if it's still available in 20 minutes it's not a steal. Fair deals can take a week or two.

Okay, I'll give you that. But I'd say 24-48 hours tops for a "fair deal".

#2529 4 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

Take for example here in Calgary.

You make an excellent point, I'm looking at it from my typically Toronto-centric view where the competition is much larger.

1 month later
#2969 4 years ago
Quoted from atariaction:

Anyone in Canada want to let go of their spare Large Sega DMD display?

There's an LCD conversion kit that supports those games, I'd recommend that over trying to find a working DMD.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-addams-family-poor-mans-color-dmd

#2975 4 years ago

Nope, no plug and play with the DMD Extender, but the instructions for the big displays is pretty straightforward:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-addams-family-poor-mans-color-dmd/page/10#post-2237459

2 weeks later
2 months later
#3592 4 years ago

I might be convinced to let my original owner, HUO TRON:LE with ~400 plays on it go for $17,000.

I'll even throw in the cabinet mod and shaker.

#3738 4 years ago

I've been buying from John for 20 years and it has always gone well, plus he is a fountain of knowledge on pinball. He gets a pass from me for posting ads.

#3758 4 years ago
Quoted from Astill:

we met at the Humber College , pin and vid repair course in 1995.

Holy shit, I totally forgot about that! Time flies when you're outbidding the shills at Starburst...

#3763 4 years ago

That GnR looks sharp and the price is right!

1 month later
#3950 4 years ago

Hey, like I said - anyone willing to step up with $17K CAD for my TRON:LE can have it.

#3980 4 years ago

The problem with trades is that you need to find someone who wants your game and has the game you want. Doesn't happen that often, honestly.

2 months later
#4362 3 years ago

I personally parted out two Draculas years ago - you couldn't give that game away. Now it's somehow a sought after classic?

#4366 3 years ago
Quoted from Arena:

except maybe you who had 2 for whatever reason

I thought I was pretty clear on the reason - to part them out to help save better games.

Until recently, I didn't know of a single person who liked the game. It was firmly in the "hate it" camp with Popeye and Hurricane. Now it's suddenly a $4,000 machine.

#4376 3 years ago

I'm just expressing surprise at the surge in value on the game. If people think it's worth $4K, all power to them. Wish I had hoarded more games back in the day is all.

Maybe BSD is worth more now because so many got parted out!

#4398 3 years ago

I'm selling my Meteor. Freshly refurbed, looking for $1,500CDN. I'm in downtown Toronto.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-meteor-stern-1979-1988

#4420 3 years ago

I've dropped the price on my Meteor to $1,200CDN. Open to offers.

1 week later
#4442 3 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Unfortunately people always offer more then listed if it's low and most people are greedy and take highest offer.

You mean the games sell for their actual value instead of you getting it below market rates?

Don't get me wrong, I love getting a game for cheap, but calling sellers "greedy" for getting market value is a bit misplaced.

2 months later
#4913 3 years ago

Haven't seen that $5,000 Diamond Lady - with subwoofer! - in awhile.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
$ 23.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Mods for your pinballs
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 50.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 119.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 219.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 17.99
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jwilson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside