(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dzoomer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3581 8 years ago

I remember that TWDLE that wouldn't sell here about 8 months ago, in AB too. Wasn't moving at $7k, a few months from nib and with low plays. My my have times changed over this year if people are able to get over $10k for a used pin.

#3594 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Yeah but in TWD case it was solely due to code. ST code hasn't changed sadly

Could be for TWD back then. Though TWD was already on 2nd or 3rd code version at the time, and I was really enjoying it, among others. IMO, there was a lot of hate on pinside that colored the machine in a bad way for many people. And maybe people are far more impatient than I tend to think. Because everyone knew it was being coded by lyman who is a programming master. Just wait a bit as he codes it from the release. Lyman was a major factor in my TWD purchase thanks to this forum, and boy, has that ever worked out well, to put it mildly.

Quoted from paul_8788:

If anyone wants to swap a TWD LE for it let me know.

paul_8788, sorry but can't help you with my TWDLE. I don't see it ever leaving. For years and year at least. Reminds me of the pry dead hands quote. lol. GLW search.

11 months later
#5278 7 years ago
Quoted from Jroc4653:

Anybody selling or know someone selling a whodonit or junkyard machine?

PM sent.

#5280 7 years ago

Resent.

2 months later
#5660 7 years ago

IME, older games are a harder sell but the market for them is more consistent. Win win for both sides. Makes sense since the older games have been out for 20+ years. I own both old and new. Enjoy them both but now leaning notably to newer games for adding to my collection.

Frankly, we need more new games posted for sale here. They'll be sought after for sure (just look at the history).

#5723 7 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Looking to make contacts with Alberta collectors looking to sell (now or down the road), family friendly, collector quality 90's B/W (restored, HUO, etc). FT, WCS, NGG anyone? Feel free to PM me.

Who isn't?

#5776 7 years ago
#5797 7 years ago

Pinball revolution is a great place for canucks.

#5836 7 years ago

For those in the GTA who travel to Buffalo area.
http://www.usaddressinc.com/

Also reship options such as https://www.reship.com

#5838 7 years ago

Good stuff. I should note that USA address inc is very close to the rainbow bridge. Easy to find. Their site has the info.

2 weeks later
#5896 7 years ago

A good list of fairly new pins for sale on pinball revolution.

1 week later
#6006 7 years ago

He wanted to sell.

#6041 7 years ago

It was obvious that was the correct price imo. And yes, Alien is way way pricey. Far too early to judge. No rush either. Not my thing to even think of pre-order when there are so many good pins out there, proven and available.

#6069 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Hey guys I put my players condition ft up for trade on kijiji. Let me know what you guys have thx.

Should put it up on pbr too.

#6071 7 years ago

pinball revolution

#6127 7 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Also, to get this thread back on course, my friend is looking for a The Walking Dead (Prem/LE)

A little while back I suggested that TWDLE for sale in AB to a fellow pinsider in ON. My nefarious plan worked (getting another TWDLE out of western Canada).

#6138 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Anyone play Freddy? It's rated pretty low..wondering how fun it is?!?

Dude, ratings are pumped and dumped to no end. Go try it with the potential to buy (I've seen you looking for another pin to add to your collection). You may love it, you may like it, you may hate it. With anything but hate it sounds like a potential option. Some of people's most favourite games go against overall ratings.

#6171 7 years ago
Quoted from earflaps:

Flintstones is tentatively sold. Thanks for the interest guys. Sorry Spencer...would have love to have made a deal with you...next time.

Trying to keep it local . Lovely pin, a cool and resonant theme for me, as well as local so I reached out to Curtis . A great and fun conversation. I plan on visiting him soon to finish the deal and pick up a very nice Flintstones.

A new pin is always fun pin . The racy alternate translite is now calling me. http://www.ministryofpinball.com/media/catalog/product/cache/2/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/f/l/flintstones02.jpg

#6183 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Congrats Dzoomer, Flintstones is an incredibly underrated pin with huge modding potential. Guests that have no clue about pinball ratings or value will gravitate to it. You and your family will enjoy it.

Thx! Our pin collection gets even more similar .

#6206 7 years ago

Keep an eye on kijiji as lots of prairie pin owners tend to use it. More than pinside.

#6232 7 years ago

Fun talk on picking pins. Newer pins are great! Everyone should try or have newer pins as part of their collection. Newer pins tend to be more reliable, have deeper coding, and newer features. It takes some awesomeness to go back to older titles after a great new pin. But either way definitely try both sides as it gives you much more perspective. TWD LE is my high water mark pin. I really enjoy MET and want to get one at some point.

Beyonds earflaps recommendations I would add that for many people a primary goal should be variety (which can be forgotten). Frankly it's just awesome to have variety. And for me, variety comes from three considerations: pin age, gameplay differences and personal experience. Don't just get old pins, or new pins, or similar pins; get a variety of pins and a variety of game play. Be open-minded, try new things, you can always flip it. Some of my older pin purchases have also been some of the most satisfying. DD, which of those pins is most novel to you, and least novel? If Met is well known (and played) to you and there is an itch for some variety that JM and FH can give, I'd strongly consider going for it (or vice versa).

There is no right or wrong choices in pin purchases, especially since people have such widely differing experience and preferences. Do some thinking about it. One nice thing is that no choice is a final choice; one can always change again. And pins tend to hold their value reasonably well at this time.
'
'

Quoted from Lord_of_the_pins:

Anyone have a Mmr there looking to sell ?

I just got MMR and love it. Exceeded all my expectations. Great choice, a great great pin and very well made. For myself, MMR not only being a brand new pin, but also not having played MM at all, has made my experience awesome (I don't have any significant memories of playing MM back in the day or since). I am now happy to say through direct experience (very optional on pinside, lol) I understand why MMR and MM are rated so highly.

There was a MMR recently for sale used in QC on pinball revolution and pulled off early unsold. But used MMRs are pricey. Last I saw that QC example was potentially priced higher than AB NIB (it did have mods though). And last I checked there were very few used MMRs on the market (aka MSRP or higher). If priced so high, buying new is still an option (afaik) from Nitro or Starburst; it appears they still have a few NIB in stock.

#6233 7 years ago

Flintstones is in da house!

Picked it up from earflaps yesterday. He's a great guy and pinball enthusiast. The pictures and description of the pin looked great and it was even better in person . All the restoration work made for a very clean and very nice example.

Yesterday was also the first time I've ever played Flintstones (seriously), and while having a new (to me) game is always great, I'm very happy with the game play at this early time. Flintstones has an interesting and different layout; my only 3 flipper game (in fact all my other games are the standard 2 flipper arrangement). Combine that with some quite unique playfield design/elements, and I'm really enjoying it. The added variety Flintstones brings to my collection is revealing and most welcome.

The playfield is gorgeous, great work earflaps. . A great job was also done on the LEDs selected for the LED conversion; the best LED pin I've seen (conversion or not). It shows me what can be done with patience, buying custom and trying/selecting various bulbs and accounting for color, tint, saturation as well as brightness. Combine that with all the restoration work and the game is looking and playing awesome.

I had some friends over with the new pin. Nobody remembered seeing or playing Flintstones before and they came to check it out. It also confirmed my experience, that theme matters in a pin and Flintstones is a great theme for many people.

I'm very happy I was able to get a Flintstones pin and this one in particular, plus take the opportunity to keep a good pin relatively local.

No pics allowed here so I'll post it in the Canadian what's up thread, https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/25#post-3661193.

#6234 7 years ago
Quoted from Cam:

Damn, I missed a lot of posts in 1 day!
I've been looking for a Flintstones for years
Is $4k + really where we are at now for Bally/Williams B and C titles! I may have to throw some ads up.

Sorry about the late circle back. Thought it was interesting and been chewing on it.

Ya, Flintstones is hard to find in Canada. The response here shows people have been waiting for the title.

As for prices, yes they have increased over the years significantly, but generalizing one pin example to many pins won't always be right. And Flintstones may an example of that. As I've posted before, theme matters a lot (to most people). And as I was expecting, Flintstones is a great theme for many people who are into pinball. Combine that with a rare game (in Canada anyway) and a restored example and the result is a price that exceeds $4k. Such pinball example are consistently happening now, since new games are often costing around 3X as much.

Also, Flinstones vs #80 on the list is like from 7.50 to 7.75. Not much and likely not statistically different. Some people look at place-number on the overall list, other people look the actual rating number for a pin.

Looking at another well known rating list, the IPDB database (which is subject to less abuse than the Pinside ratings), Flintstones is inside the top 100 rated games.

In the end it comes back to what I said first, generalizations can be okay but there will be exceptions. Flintstones does tick the boxes as a potentially higher priced B/C title.

Sorry about the length, it's an interesting topic.

#6236 7 years ago

I'll let earflaps speak to all the details on what he did with this one and what can be done.

#6260 7 years ago
Quoted from Hawk007:

Hey dzoomer beauty of a game. Great acquisition! If you ever decide to sell please let me know. I have a collector quality jackbot I would trade or there is always cash. Love that machine. It would go great with our family guy and tspp. Cheers and enjoy that sweet game! I am jealous.

Thx Hawk007 for all that! Down the road I'll for sure try to remember to reach out to you as a fellow FS enthusiast on any move with it.

Quoted from TwilightZone:

What's a HUO LOTR worth in today's insane market?

I'm closer to an LOTR price range estimate like Paul_8788. I have a friend who's been watching LOTR prices for a while. Good condition LOTR (typical HUO or not routed significantly) tend to sell around $6700 CAD (~$5k to $5200 US). A few super minty low play LOTR's have gone for $6k+ US (near $8k CAD and over). That said most LOTR examples (in very good condition) sell in the $6500 to $7k range. (A lot of the higher price LOTR ads on Pinside do not sell)

1 month later
#6554 7 years ago

We need to get one local. I'd like a nice taxi to roll through my collection at some point. Someone get on that .

1 month later
#6892 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

You have to re read my last sentence... I am telling you a top of the line all risk comprehensive policy does not excluding loading and unloading. The policy covers EVERYTHING except what is specifically excluded so you just read the exclusions and see it is not listed there so it is covered. Again I can't speak for what "others" do but tell them to show you where in the policy it is excluded and they should send you the wording highlighted with the area

Insurance providers provide different coverage details and options throughout the huge insurance market, and it becomes especially so in more nuanced coverage options such as what is being discussed. It is useless to talk in absolutes. A good independent insurance broker should be able to identify providers and coverages that someone wants if it is available in the current market, as well as explain the nuances in it. A good broker who tells you that you have a specific coverage will go to bat if issue comes up down the line with a claim to an insurer. Have those conversations with your broker and have them add the expected insurance coverage expectations and circumstances to their file for a record. And when you get the coverage, make sure you read all the information the insurer sends to confirm your expectations and talk with your broker if there are any questions.

5 months later
#7834 6 years ago

TWD is awesome. I was in for TWD since near the beginning. Even back then when I started I read enough to know to trust in Lyman. It reminds me back in the first year when a few TWD's went up for sale in Canada at deep deep discounts. Wow looking back now...

Quoted from violinfather:

Actually I waited for a week for a buyer in Calgary to come up with $7000 but he could not do it... In the end someone will get a good deal on my TWDLE and good for them.

Quoted from Archer600:

Well I guess this would be a bad time to tell you Shaub, but the used Walking Dead Pro (with mezelmod's woodbury sign & blue ramp illumination) will be going up for sale with pictures later today. $5800 and it can be all yours...

Still amazes me. I'd love to see more of those deals now-a-days!

2 months later
#8014 6 years ago
Quoted from Haelryan:

Stupid question...wasn’t this $8000 usd new so like $9800 cad at current exchange?

$8500 USD.

#8029 6 years ago
Quoted from Haelryan:

Pretty sure LE started at $8000 and when they sold out they just changed it to standard editions at the same price...any way, just thought maybe I was missing something.

I remember the LE at $8495. Had to check and here's what I found afaik. The preorder the price was $7995 for the LE, but when the production started (and both versions were still available) the standard edition became $7995 and the LE became $8495 USD. They've changed some pages at PPS but the table part way down this page shows these prices too.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-MMR-STD

I had forgot about the $7995 preorder price, but I don't preorder.

The early serial numbers would likely have been purchased at the lower price, the higher serial numbers at the higher price. The MMR production run had some issues in some earlier units that were fixed by the time the later production #'s came out.

#8031 6 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Just watched the sales pitch video, want one even more now

I think it's a great pin and the whole package; I'd be happy with it in a two pin collection.

The Tina Fey callouts are easy to identify and fun pop culture.

It helps that I have no memory of playing it at all back in the day.

Cheers

1 month later
#8278 6 years ago

Looking to move FS and JY onto new owners and will give the local Pinside people a first crack. Looking to sell them and keep relatively local first. Those familiar with me know my location and you can PM to ask. $4500 and $3500, (right around my purchase price for each a few years back). I may be interested in a trade if it's a newer pin and I'm interested, but there's only a few pins I'm interested in.

Cheers

#8303 6 years ago
Quoted from earflaps:

Sorry....that was me. He had bought my Flintstones with the understanding that if ever he were to sell Junk Yard he would let me know. I noticed it and he did me a solid. This was something I had been trying to make happen since the first time I played Junk Yard years ago.

Definitely apologize there for that alzheimer's moment (poor memory). Always happy to reciprocate which is also much of the impetus for the local price/preference. Lots of interest for both pins; I think FS is even better than JY.

Cheers

1 week later
#8361 6 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

anyone in Alberta, Saskatchewan, or Manitoba have a late 80's / early 90's pin they would like to sell? Looking for a pin with a movie/show based theme, voice/music, and multiball. Early dmd would be cool, though maybe unrealistic for my budget. Probably in the 2.25k CAN and under range. Not sure how realistic that is, but let me know if you got anything that seems to fit the bill.
Thanks

If you could increase your budget it would definitely help. Most people want the DMD generation pins and newer because it's nostalgic and also a great era. And from there the newer pins are more current, relevant and in often cases interesting. If you're plugged into your local scene a number of people should be passing on DMD pins within the community, because its easier (local pickup) and keeps the pin local. A recently sold later 90's DMD Williams pin in the area went local for $3500. There should be some appealing early 90's DMD pin options trading locally at that price from time to time, and potentially less. It's a bit of an increase in budget. But it's worth it.

And are you interested in a needs-work machine? There's some good value out there on the odd fixer-upper, so by all means mention it if you are.

GLWS and it would be great to hear about how the search goes. I don't really know how well your budget will meet your hopes either in the area. Let us know.

Cheers and GL!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dzoomer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell?tu=dzoomer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.