(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,791 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 minutes ago by KnockerPTSD
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dgpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8604 5 years ago

My friend has a very nice Transformers LE For Sale, includes the topper. $6500 CDN OBO Can ship Via Nitro

1 week later
#8667 5 years ago

A friend of mine is selling his AFM and MM, both are orginals and full of upgrades.

The AFM is very nice, about as good as an original can get, he's asking $9K

The MM has a new playfield, was redecaled and has all PDI gold trim, Color DMD, one of the best orginals around, $12K OBO

Games are located in the BC Fraser Valley, shipping can be arranged thru Nitro.

If interested, please PM me and I will put you in contact with the seller.

2 weeks later
#8765 5 years ago

Transformers LE, Autobot/Decepticon version with topper, reduced to $6000cdn Firm!! Pictures on request and can ship thru Nitro.

2 months later
#9312 5 years ago
Quoted from jimmyb:

4 iconic pinballs for sale at auction this Saturday Sept. 15 in New Hamburg ON. Online bidding is available.
Twilight Zone - Undocumented HUO, super clean condition!
The Addams Family - Very nice condition
1950 Gottlieb Knock Out- Holly Grail Woodrail
1951 Gottlieb Minstrel Man - in a home since the 1950's!
Mrs. Pac-Man / Galaga Video Game - Super clean condition
https://www.millerandmillerauctions.com/catalog.aspx?searchby=3&searchvalue=pinball
https://www.millerandmillerauctions.com/Ms__Pac_Man___Galaga_Arcade_Machine-LOT5716.aspx

Those are a couple of very interesting woodrails, that could go for a decent price even with the 31% hit, unfortunately I'm a very long way away or I would be all over them!

If anyone local is planning on going to the auction and would be interested in working with me on the woodies, please let me know, perhaps we can work something out.

Dale

2 months later
#9816 5 years ago

Quoted from extraballingtmc:People responding to a want ad have a higher chance of being a scammer. They hope your desire and emotions will make you miss red flags and do a risky deal.

Yep, it's getting so a want ad is just an open invitation to scammers. Recently got a reply to my ad for a game, sent me pictures and a price which was too high, when I replied that it was worth about half of what he wanted he immediately agreed to sell it too me at that price! Of course I was suspicious of the too easy price drop, so a quick Google search turned up the pics he sent me from an auction almost a decade ago!(at least he wasn't stupid enough to use IDPB pictures!) The cherry on top is he used the same email address to respond to another ad I ran for a different game a couple of days later

2 weeks later
#9987 5 years ago

Stern Meteor for sale, nice condition all around, playfield and cabinet about an 8, backglass has some lifting, but looks good. Fast playing game with that classic Stern sound!! Since I already have a Seawitch, figure I'll part with this one before Stern rethemes it as god knows what and charges 10 grand for it, so here's your chance to buy it for $1900!!

#9993 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Stern Meteor for sale, nice condition all around, playfield and cabinet about an 8, backglass has some lifting, but looks good. Fast playing game with that classic Stern sound!! Since I already have a Seawitch, figure I'll part with this one before Stern rethemes it as god knows what and charges 10 grand for it, so here's your chance to buy it for $1900!!

Forgot to mention game is available for viewing at the Nitro Showroom and shipping can be arranged thru Tommy if needed.

#10010 5 years ago

Just curious, what's the value of a nice Seawitch these days, trying to figure out the crazy market!

#10018 5 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Don't be fooled by that ruse. It's 1505. Send it over.
A pretty nice ine was listed on maaca or pinball rev recently for 4k cdn. It sold in about about a week, so that seems a reasonable ballpark.

That seems insane to me, but I guess with all the Beatles hype, it's to be somewhat expected. I really don't have any interest in selling mine, but if a crazy offer came my way, I guess I'd have to consider it.

BTW Trevor, when I say crazy I mean high, not low

#10030 5 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I’d love a Congo too but the prices nowadays, yikes. Not as over priced as sea witches though

Wasn't that long ago that either of us could have bought John K's for less than $2K, oh well, win some you lose some!!

#10035 5 years ago

Classic Stern Galaxy for sale, nice original game, solid 8 condition all around, plays great.

abbotsford.craigslist.org link

Game is at Nitro, and if neeed, shipping can be arrranged thru Tommy.

$1750

1 week later
#10190 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

They can just buy from a state with no sales tax.
Beatles for an American: 7600 USD delivered.
Up here it's 8400 USD + tax, or 9700 delivered. P1 will give you a "deal" if you are in an affiliated league and sell you one for 8000 USD. 9250 delivered.
We are the ones being laughed at.

Not 100% sure, but I think Nitro can do better than that on a Beatles if you are so inclined!

#10191 5 years ago

In my experience, an American can bring a game up thru the Canadian border and not pay any tax most of the time, had it work that way many times in the past although haven't done it lately.

A Canadian taking a game down can be complicated, especially if high value.

1 week later
#10325 5 years ago

13k cdn if I’m selling 10k cdn if I’m buying

Now that's the most honest thing you have ever posted on any forum!!

2 months later
#10997 5 years ago

Cactus Canyon for Sale in Langley BC.

vancouver.craigslist.org link

1 month later
#11318 4 years ago

Transformers LE with Topper is still available $6500 OBO

1 month later
#11632 4 years ago

Transformer LE still available, price reduced to $5995 OBO. Posted on Vancouver and Fraser Valley CL

vancouver.craigslist.org link

#11681 4 years ago

I've brought more games up thru the border than I care to remember, only been waived thru once, that was a good day!! Living close to the border, I always get parts shipped there and go across, recently set a new personal record got waived thru with an over $400US parts order!! Count on paying the taxes, but you can get lucky!!

1 week later
#11727 4 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Whos going to sell me their Indiana Jones to make room for the New JP? I'm looking for a bare Bones player Indy.

Nobody in their right mind I would think!!

1 month later
#12024 4 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Question: Is there a way to filter the Pinside marketplace to Canada only?
Also, I bought TSPP about two months ago. I’ve been playing it and really enjoying it, but also have the itch for something new. Given the depth of this game I don’t see myself ever getting “sick” of it for years. I can only afford one pin (especially given how much I paid for this one from John’s Jukes ... plus my wife would kill me if I bought a second) so not sure what to do. Just keep playing it for years?

You're in Ontario and you bought TSPP from John's Jukes here, I can only imagine how much that set you back!!

#12067 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Its only 4 pins. Rent a uhual for the day and have more piece of mind

If you can't do the actual moving, at least do the packing and have them ready to go, movers should be OK then.

1 week later
#12137 4 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Can't speak to his character, but that story seems not cool - tight community, word travels fast.
I will say....don't worry if others think that your trade makes no sense. They are not playing your game. Buy/trade what you like. Not everyone has the same taste in games. That's why this world is full of machines that are vastly different; there is something for everyone. One man's "Clunker" is another man's treasure. PLEASE don't worry about appreciation on your games - thats what ruins this hobby (I was called out early on and learned a valuable community lesson). Sure some games may not have the same demand/selling power later on, and if you're prepared for that, just buy and play what makes you happy. I miss many machines I have let go that this community deems terrible (at least by pinside ratings)...I now own some that I have no idea why they are rated so high. To each their own brother....just don't be a dick , people don't forget that....

I agree with the most of what you are saying, but you hate to see someone lose a ton of money on a trade just because they don't know any better!! More than most hobbies I think opinions on individual games vary greatly, but someone thinking a Raven is better than AFM still doesn't make it a fair trade!! (of course I'm stating a ridiculous example )

#12209 4 years ago

There definitely is the option to just post a classified ad with no comments. Post it in this thread and game on if it’s too high imo. Almost all of us are pretty aware what prices should be anyways. Except those poor bastards that paid 7500 for embryon and 7k usd for tspp. My heart is heavy for them.

Gee, I wonder where those came from!!??

2 weeks later
#12299 4 years ago
Quoted from Waynezor:

Yah our snow peso is terrible atm. Headed to texas next month 1.36 exchange on US dollars at the bank ffs lol

What bank are you using, 1.3437 at TD at the moment??

#12301 4 years ago

Yep, you appear to have the same luck as I do, $CDN always takes a dive just when I need to buy some $US

8 months later
#14007 3 years ago

Looked into the container buy quite carefully, unfortunately with the exchange, shipping and border taxes, decent deals turn into not so much. So frustrating as there were some hard to find titles such as CSI, Baywatch, 24 but the math just didn't make sense, plus of course the border uncertainty.

1 month later
#14289 3 years ago

I was going to do a pin from the container buy, but backed out after figuring in the $CDN - Euro exchange, shipping in $US, border taxes, and of course the hassle of getting it across right now, just didn't make sense. It's a way to go if you just can't find a certain game any other way, but know you might overpay when it's all said and done.

1 month later
#14681 3 years ago

No Fear for sale in Abbotsford BC, asking $4995, prefer local sale, but can ship thru Nitro.

Pictures here: vancouver.craigslist.org link

1 month later
#15030 3 years ago

I'm considering selling my RFM with an LCD screen, and I also have the SWE1 Kit for it, really not sure what the market is like for these today, either sold separately or as a package, would like to get a ballpark idea of what a fair price would be?

#15035 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

You have 125 PINBALL collection and you’re not sure what the market is like?

Most games I have a pretty good idea on, but RFM has flucuated quite a bit in the past, and SWE1 kits don't come up very often!

4 weeks later
#15344 3 years ago

Still a couple at nitro nib. Not sure what the pricing might be now but maybe an aggressive offer would get it done.

AFAIK The last of the NIB Beatles left the building at Nitro a couple of months ago!

As far as if Beatles is a good game or not, terrific in a large collection as it's something quite different, but the gameplay is very linear, really only one way to approach it, play the song modes, get to Help! multiball, rinse, repeat!! I have one lent from a friend and for the first while I played it constantly and really enjoyed it, but now, pretty much seen everything the game has to give!

2 weeks later
#15435 3 years ago

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle, like new condition, deluxe version all the extras including shaker and fan upgrade. $10,500 firm Trades will be considered, shipping can be arranged.

1 year later
#19194 2 years ago

When someone comes on here and publicly brags about buying on the cheap and then selling way above market, they should expect to be called a lot of things!! Do what you must, but keep being a douche bag too yourself, we'll all be better off!

#19195 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

FOMO is ruining it. patience is key.

Problem is no one has any these days, I think the pandemic has brought with it another disease, gotta-have-it now-&-And-I Don't-Care-How-Much-I-Have-to Pay itis, it seems to be everywhere, pinball is just caught up in it!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dgpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell?tu=dgpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.