(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,839 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by Eagles77
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider completist.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7018 6 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Silly question.
Someone at work asked me about a late 80's early 90's pin with the annoying repetitive "million!!!" Callout. I can hear it in my head but can't place the game. That's question one.
Question 2. Same person is wanting me to find a Monday night football for them. Anyone?
Question 3. Still having issues with the upper right flipper on my Elvis. Want to replace the flipper switches cause they suck. But that flipper also gets stuck upright if it's been played for a bit. Wondering if something is changing shape (sleeve?) when it gets hot. Ball barely touches it and it falls back down but really annoying. Anything thoughts on parts to fix this pig.

Question 1 - when i read that i hear Dr. Dude saying it annoyingly. But i wouldnt say repetitive i think its when you light or hit the million shot. MiiILLLion!

Question 3 - if its just after its been played for a while then could be EOS switch (overheating when flipper is held and not switching to high resistance side of coil) Otherwise i'd say maybe a cleaning / new coil sleeve. And look at the flipper bushing while u are in there. Or the return spring isnt springy lol. But then u'd expect that all the time...

7 months later
#8019 6 years ago
Quoted from Haelryan:

Stupid question...wasn’t this $8000 usd new so like $9800 cad at current exchange?

When MMR finally came out the dollar had swung significantly from the time preorders were made. Retailers are purchasing in USD and the customers had to eat the higher exchange or walk at the time of delivery. I know a guy who had to pay much more than he originally expected which was a killer at the time. Def not bought for less than 10K, more like this asking price. Current US exchange won’t devalue that game for those owners. And if you go down to import one you’ll spend that by the time you exchange money, pay taxes at border (for us non Albertans) and of course the cost of the road trip.

#8024 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Um, yeah it kinda does... I agree with the above, more like $11k, but hey, its all about what someone will pay.

I guess what I meant to say is they prob wont sell for that. They will value the game higher which is not to say it is worth the higher amount. It will only ever be worth what someone is willing to pay of course.

6 months later
#9002 5 years ago

I have a Pinbot up in Thunderbay available. Didnt get a chance to recover from my bro-in-laws before moving down to WV. PM me if interested. Fair offers considered.

3 weeks later
#9184 5 years ago

I convert CDN to USD with Knightsbridge Foreign Exchange first. You make a bill payment to them via online banking and instruct them which acct you want the USD to go into. I’ve done this to my own US bank but not to another person, but can’t see why it won’t work.

I had to set up a new Paypal acct in the US. they won’t let you link a USD acct with a Canadian bank for some reason.

May be other ways, or other FX companies. But its worked for me.

4 months later
#10144 5 years ago

Could find a reputable pinsider near the game you want. Have em make the deal and ship the game to a border town (on US side) for you to pick up and cross back with. Or met them in A Town if you plan on going. I’ve done that for friends back home in Canada (i’m Canadian livin in ‘murica). I bet there are lots of pinsiders with a good reputation willing to help out.

3 months later
#11061 5 years ago

If its the Al i’m thinking of (pm me so i can verify last name), then i can vouch for him. I shipped a pin to NS and he paid in advance, arranged all shipping (i packed and dropped at D&R depot) and no BS. Very good transaction and solid guy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider completist.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell?tu=completist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.