(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brad808.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#396 9 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

Grab all the ones you can at $4.5, they are going for considerably more in Ontario/Quebec. I think they are $6K plus for a decent example and more depending on condition. I agree $10K is a lot of cash....more than I would spend on any pinball, but to someone with lots of cash, it's pocket change to have a game in better than new condition.

I think you misread he said he could get one for 4.5k cheaper.

1 month later
#657 9 years ago

I just brought my first game over from the states a couple of days ago. Just taxes on the declared amount (which then gets converted to Canadian dollars and you pay tax on that amount). Allegedly though if your good friend is Native American and they claim the machine then there is only a 5% tax instead of 13% due to their tax exempt status. Allegedly you can save yourself just over $400 on a higher priced machine. That's just what I've heard... you know... allegedly .

1 month later
2 months later
#1039 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I think Aljo (Claude) still has his Joust, and is near you isn't he? If you are seriously looking for that machine, given how rare it is, you really should look into that, as it's nice and close, and both for that title are very tough.
I'm kinda in the market now for a WOZ I think ( due to passing on a sweet deal before, but at least a friend got it from someone here ).
The new code is just reeling me in. Let me know if anyone is thinking of selling. Still looking for a HH as well, possibly a BH... I guess I'm not as done as I thought I was

It's not likely that you want to pay retail for a hh but they do have one at the pinballexchange in Hamilton. Just thought I'd mention it.

7 months later
#2405 8 years ago

Don't ship the whole monitor, just pull the chassis off and ship that.

2 weeks later
#2490 8 years ago

I have an empty spot at the end of my lineup that I'm reserving for a spiderman. Unfortunately after buying a new house two months ago money is too tight with renovations. I now have the space but not the money ha-ha! I guess it's true that it's one or the other in this hobby.

2 weeks later
#2635 8 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

I don't really see it that way.
We agreed on a price that we were both comfortable with and he bought the game.
Whatever he does with it after is his business, I couldn't care less.
If he can flip it on eBay, good for him.

That's the best way to be. Sure it sucks for the hobby but it's like that with EVERY other one as well, not just pinball. I've had at least 3-4 deals now either with pinball or arcade stuff where I've known the other person was going to be getting rid of what they got from me (either in trade or partial sale or whatever). They've all asked my permission to sell as if I would be upset with whatever they did with it. I guess I respect the fact that they don't want to upset me but I always say the same thing. As soon as the deal is done it's done and the item is yours. Whether you decide to drive to the landfill and drop it off or sell it to my next door neighbor for 5x what you bought it from me for, it's yours.

#2636 8 years ago

Keeping with the topic of the thread I'm looking for a pro pool (also considering Hot shot, big shot, sure shot, bank shot) in southern ontario.

8 months later
#4407 8 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I remember buying TFTC for $1000. Man I love the theme but hated that pin. I sold it for $1200. Look at the price now. Everyone seems to love it. I can't figure that out.

Although I have always liked mine there was just recently a code update to tftc that really fine tuned the game. New rules, different sounds, bug fixes etc. It's definitely worth taking another look at now.

1 month later
#4696 7 years ago

I'll say the same thing here I did on pin rev "Way under priced, fake pictures, weird description with tons of ,,, ... ,,, all over the ad. I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Maybe someone got a good deal but I doubt it."

Did you guys read it? Way too descriptive for someone not in the know about pinball machines and way too crazy to make any sense. The game is in great shape and works perfectly... yet the game hardly ever works all the flippers are dinked etc. I didn't even bother because it smelled too much like kijiji.

1 month later
2 months later
#5131 7 years ago
Quoted from robbiedoo:

Why? Not trying to poke fun, I've seen interest in these before, and I'm genuinely curious what are the appeal of these?

Here's a couple reasons:

- They are pieced together cabinets that can be disassembled completely. Usually made of plastic and metal. A lot more convenient to work on than North American woody cabinets. In my eyes they are a lot better designed.
- They have a lot of parts that are interchangeable between cabinets
- They are "generic" cabinets so almost all games look right in them vs something like seeing street fighter running in a dedicated pacman game.
- A lot of them have 29" monitors (27" American) which is just about the perfect size for an arcade machine. Some of the nicest looking CRTs ever made come stock in candy cabinets and won't even fit in woody cabinets without modifying the monitor frame.
- They were made to work with Japanese controls such as Sanwa, which a lot of people would agree are much higher quality than controls like Happ.
- Personal opinion but they are a lot more stylish look at
- A lot less of them exist in North America which in any collectable market usually means more desirable.

1 week later
#5162 7 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

Anybody have a Sys80B MPU or know where I could get an R6532P?
I'm getting a tilt switch closed error so I replaced Z11 & Z14 & I'm getting Z10, Z12, Z13 & Z15 socketed & replaced, but the R6532P is unubtainium. I emailed John's Jukes a couple weeks ago about it but they never got back to me. If replacing the Zxx chips doesn't work & I can't find an R6532P, looks like I'll be needing a new board.
I'd prefer if it was around the Niagara Region as I haven't used Paypal in years & I have it linked to a bank account so it takes 6 business days to transfer money.

I have the chip you seek

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brad808.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell?tu=brad808 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.