(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11062 5 years ago

I'm looking for old, beat-up playfields to convert to wall art for my game room. Anyone have anything they want to get rid of for a decent price?

2 weeks later
#11154 4 years ago

Yeah, I think the hype kinda ruined Tron for me. When I finally got to play it, I was was somewhat underwhelmed. It's a fun game, but I prefer many others in the same price range as Tron.

1 week later
#11223 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Anyone know where I can buy pin gulp cups that doesn't charge a bazillion dollars for shipping. Looking for 3.

If You're at all handy, they'd be a breeze to build.

3 weeks later
#11379 4 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I’m shocked a luci with cdmd can’t get 9k. Isn’t a pro worth about 7500 with Cdmd? Maybe people have just played the crap out of AC/DC by now? Idk

Saturation is here. Too many new games and not enough collectors to keep prices high. If you can get 9k for a luci, you're doing very well in the current Canadian market.

#11399 4 years ago
Quoted from TrueJedi:

Has anyone in Canada bought NIB from a U.S. distributor? Are there some accustomed to delivering to Canada? I imagine it's more expensive with duties and shipping, but sometimes stock just isn't available in Canada.

Wouldn't recommend it. More expensive, and you don't get Canadian coin mechs or the tournament button on Sterns. Go with Momm or playdium. I've bought from both. Great pricing and great service. Oh, and support Canadian businesses!

1 month later
#11798 4 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

Whoever was looking for a hobbit in Edmonton Cam put his Smaug back up for sale

Looks like he's trying to move his entire collection. Wonder if that's market based or personal. Crazy amount of pins.

#11801 4 years ago
Quoted from Cam:

4 pins listed out of my 20 pins hardly constitutes my entire collection

Ha, okay. Just looked like more on a Kijiji browse. Sorry.

3 weeks later
#11880 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Wow! I must be out of the loop. Isn't Sopranos like a 4500 to 5k game? 6k+ now? I'd gladly trade a sopranos for a potc.

I wonder that about a lot of B list titles coming up for such prices. To me, we are reaching/have reached saturation. Prices should be coming down on these titles, not up.

Good luck to those that can get a good price!

4 weeks later
#12090 4 years ago
Quoted from Linkage:

Lots of nibbles on Demo Man - no bites. Grabbed some better pics.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/85192

Fix the lockup and you double your customer base...

#12091 4 years ago

Anyone order from titan to Canada? How painful is the bendover for shipping?

3 weeks later
#12280 4 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Nitro has Wide Body Non-Reflective Voodoo glass in stock for $300 CDN per sheet. Pickup at Nitro in BC or Calgary location. Will also ship anywhere in Canada & the US. Email [email protected]

Is this the same as the awesome Roman glass you had on sale a few years ago or different? My sttng could use some good glass...

2 months later
#12728 4 years ago
Quoted from Patspinit:

If there is a rich pinhead out there (or one with excellent credit) who wants to buy one hell of a lineup message me. These are all fully working, most are LEDed, some have mods/ Color dmds. Everything goes in one swoop like yanking a band aid. I want 150000$
Funhouse
creature from the Black Lagoon
the Addams family
theatre of magic
tales of the Arabian nights
The Simpsons pinball party
stern Star Trek Premium
whirlwind
twilight zone
Indiana Jones by Williams
Whitewater
fathom
eight ball deluxe
monster Bash
attack from Mars
scared stiff
mediaeval madness
Taxi

Yeah, I don't know if there is "polite price policing," but for what it's worth, I'd say 100k would be the deal that would likely actually happen. That's a lot of cash to come up with at once, so anyone doing so would be looking for a discount, not a price increase. I see your logic, that these titles are hard to find, but I don't think that value transfers well on multi-pin deals. There's some serious psychology that comes into play when over a hundred grand comes into the conversation. A guy opening a bar will be your best bet, but that's a long shot at best. Maintaining new Sterns is way more cost effective...

1 week later
#12796 4 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I paid $2,500 for World Poker Tour a few years ago and allot of people don't like that game. $4,000 for Sh!t birds is re...god.....damn.....diculous.
QSS

That's probably the one I played in a pub in Banff? It was upstairs if I remember. Fun game.

3 weeks later
#12999 4 years ago
Quoted from algrande:

a good friend and great guy to deal with!

Yeah, great guy to deal with.

2 weeks later
#13088 4 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

$8000 for a kiss pro?

I hope Gene pukes diamonds SDTM....

#13089 4 years ago

Oops

#13118 4 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:Was there 3 models of this game?
Do you recall what retail was?
The difference on models was just cosmetic? Or extra game play?

8.5k USD for standard.

Looks like a 5kCAD markup. Ouch.

1 week later
#13193 4 years ago

I guess I'll have some new callouts for my Trump machine next year...

1 month later
#13395 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Elvir.... oh wait... nevermind
Rob

If I had the room I'd take Elvis. Hate the glam...can bare the tunes, but the game! Only sessioned it once at the first yegpin, and I was like, WTF!!!?? How can this game be . . . so good?

#13427 3 years ago
Quoted from generalgman:

CFTBL is around 6K USD. Do the math to Canadian $.

Fixed a creature for a buddy and played the hell out of it for two weeks. Trust me, two weeks is all you need. Shallow as hell. But man, does that game ooze style. I used it as a juke box while working on it. So freakin' cool. It'd be okay for a large collection, but not 8k okay to me...

#13430 3 years ago

Speaking of expensive pins, any of you Canucks crazy enough to order TBL? By my calculations, that puppy will cost you a clean 16.5k!

1 week later
#13536 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I get market value dropping on some pins. I have felt that pain on multiple occasions (shakes his fist at Avengers LE) and it is something I expect every time I buy a pin. Not one of those folks who expects pins to be constantly appreciating.
However buying a pin and then being informed via the interwebz *days* (not weeks/months/years) later that I may have seriously miscalculated the value of the pin has me asking questions.
Sorry to have taken the thread so far off topic. Will stop now.

It's all just average demand. Beatles has had low demand, so most assume prices should be lower. All I can see with your purchase is that you might have to wait a bit longer to sell at the price you want. It's like real estate: don't freak out when your house doesn't sell in a week. I thought I got into the pinball market way too late, but it's gone crazy since then. However, I do see a severe downturn coming. Who knows though. Pinheads seem to be driven by an unfettered, curious desire to acquire overpriced toys however they can. But RCT for 5k? ugh...

#13537 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

At least you have the benefit of living in Calgary, I wish I lived there I would be trading games a lot more often.
I am also looking for a secret society of local Lethbridge collectors who want to trade New titles locally. Please PM me if you are interested.

No secret society that I know about unfortunately. I think there's about four active owners in town and most sit on their games long term. We used to have a league with about 20 members, with about half actively participating in all events. I've been thinking of starting that thing back up when Covid goes away, but location pinball sucks here. The machines are never rotated, and they're broken half the time. Maybe we could do a route setup like they did at the Trap in Calgary? I have a big tournament (16-30 ppl, depending) about every three months if you're interested. PM me your FB, and I'll add you to the invite list. I'd be interested in temp trades in the future and might be selling a few to make room.

#13604 3 years ago

He's posting it in a lot of threads.

2 months later
#14180 3 years ago
Quoted from kyriel:

I have a Black Hole I was contemplating selling. Just had the boards serviced but hadn't got further in restoring it yet. Too many other summer hobbies.

If you scribble out "hole" and write "out" in its place, I know a guy that will definitely, maybe, possibly, unlikely buy it today or tomorrow or soonish.

#14196 3 years ago

Long shot, but does anyone have a multimorphic they might want to sell? I'd like to try one out.

#14219 3 years ago
Quoted from Canuckgamer99:

Looking for Stern Guardians of the Galaxy, willing to ship. Thanks!

What kind of packaging do you use when shipping your looking?

2 weeks later
#14357 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

People who are paying 8k -9k for a WW are crazy, it is a fun game but I will take TMNT or pretty well any NIB machine over a 30 year old machine.

Yeah, I have nostalgia for the game, but it's claustrophobic and pretty shallow. Def a location player or 4k max to me. Unless it has those polished leg bolts from Indonesia...

2 weeks later
#14558 3 years ago

It’s one of the things I’ll never understand that some people put in fs ads. Makes me cringe every time I see it.
Funny enough every time I see it it’s followed by an ask that imho is too high.
For example if someone put 2K of mods into a game not realizing that they don’t necessarily add value you might say this in an attempt to recoup your mod money.
Don’t hate. Just my opinion and also pet peeve.

Beat me to it. I was going to post "it is worth a heavy heart that I have to put on my pp badge."

2 weeks later
#14704 3 years ago

I played turds at yeg for about half hour. I could feel the potential, but that feeling never ended in anything being good. It is almost not shitty, but never gets not shitty...

#14707 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

These are the Daves I know I know, these are the Dave's I know....

Some of us are Davids.

But most of us are Daves.

#14772 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Who's the classy fella in Barrie selling their nib Avengers LE for $22,500? Nobody here i hope.
Avengers Infinity Quest Limited Edition (NIB) Stern Pinball,
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/barrie/avengers-infinity-quest-limited-edition-nib-stern-pinball/1527200395?utm_source=com.google.android.apps.docs&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android
Price: $ 22,500

DON'T HESITATE.... IT COULD BE GONE... IN A SNAP!!!

#14828 3 years ago

Hopefully Dan will route one in Calgary some day.

#14834 3 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Not this time, I ordered the CE and it’s staying home.
Maybe get a cheap LE for in there, lol.

Just charge 5 bucks per play. I'd pay it.

#14902 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

What's not to like,
Sure, it's no Bad Cats
Damn solid theme.

Too shallow. Great location player though.

#14930 3 years ago

What are you looking for for that Indy? Still kicking myself for passing on your gold one.... Where did that one go anyway?

#14955 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

This thread disabled pictures for moderation reasons...
You can post it in the Canadian parts thread, or even Canadian chat thread and just link it.

How did the Canucks of yore abuse the image privilege to receive such draconian measures?

EDIT: oops, guess I should read. Need to use the sell feature...

1 month later
#15371 3 years ago

I had DHL rape me once, then they had the audacity to send me a bill for more money a month later. First charge was over $100. Then they wanted 20 more.

I just threw the bill away along with any hope of accepting the company as my carrier for anything. Fuck ups (worst) and DHL (horrid).

FedEx and USPS have been fine. Purolator in Canada is the cat's meow.

#15420 3 years ago

Still longing for a multimorphic. Are any Canadians flipping Gerry's rig?

3 weeks later
#15515 3 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Bump, looking for another 90s pin at a reasonnable price.

Are any of them reasonable in this crazy market?

2 weeks later
#15587 3 years ago

Thanks @northendude for shipping the t-shirt. Fits perfect!

2 weeks later
#15716 3 years ago

Genie is such a fun game. Bought one when I couldn't find a future spa. Just as good!

2 months later
#16538 3 years ago

So I've only ever bought pins in person, but I finally decided to try shipping for a title that I really wanted. For those of you who ship often, what do you tolerate in the way of unreported damage etc? Have any of you had bad experiences shipping?

The pin I received has front corner damage (visible chipped ply going down well past the front of the lackdown bar) and the PF does not raise properly, so much so that the PF has gouged into the side of the cab. I'm pretty sure it's taken a pretty good impact on the corner, which has caused the PF issue. There's also a GI sector out and what looks to be board work related to the DMD. That aside, the glass is scratched to crap (I can deal with that), the game is filthy, which I can get over easily, but "needs a good shop" would have been nice. My main issue is that the damage was clearly cut out of the pictures (no pic of area of under lockdown) and not mentioned in numerous texts and exchanges of photos. I would never sell a game in this condition without explaining the damage, issues and filth to the buyer. My bad for not asking for more photos, but we did exchange a lot. I didn't think to cover every inch of the game.

I requested a refund with both of us splitting the shipping. The seller just told me that I was looking for collector's quality, not "nice players" condition. He was only willing to send me a replacement DMD if I need one. The really strange thing was that when I told him that he didn't include images of the most significant damage to the machine, he said that he posted ads elsewhere on the internet. He never mentioned these in his ad on here nor to me in our texts... I guess I was supposed to randomely search for ads to get the correct images...

Anway, I'm willing to take my lumps (what I see as $500-1k loss) and learn from the experience. Any of you experienced anything like this?

#16543 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Bottom line if you are shipping a machine then the risk is all on you. Hopefully you have someone on the other end that has a good reputation, but honestly most of the shipping deals I have made there is always stuff to do to get it going the way I want it to play. I believe most people are honest, however some stuff the seller just doesn't see the issues or think it is a big deal and when you get it is like hmm wish I would have known about that. I don't hold it against anyone as my fault for not asking for more pictures, or not asking enough questions and if you think you were not dealt with honestly then don't buy again from that person. I don't think I have had one that played perfectly out of the box when getting it shipped, it is hard on machines and there is always something that has to be done when you get it. As well, we have shipped many machines and stuff happens along the way out of our control, even thou it played perfectly when it left our hands. We have had shipping companies that break glass, or do a bit of damage on transport no matter what you do to tell them that it is a fragile piece they are hauling. So just be prepared to do work on a machine that gets transported, if it actually comes to you with no adjustments you got really lucky through the process.

Yeah, I'm fine with working on machines. I actually like it. This is just... way more work than I had hoped for.

I guess my major gripe is that I would never misrepresent something this way. Leaving out the most obvious damage is just dishonest to me.

I guess I'll have to go back to buying in person. Too bad, as the actual shipping experience was excellent.

#16549 3 years ago

That's the good news: seller paletted like an absolute pro. Moving blankets and wrap. I'm enjoying the game otherwise. If I ever ship again, I'll be more diligent. Thanks for the insight guys.

#16568 3 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Seems like the hobby is quite strong in Lethbridge (seems like every second CDN pinsider I see these days is from Lethbridge), so wishing for all the best on this endeavour!

There are quite a few collectors, but we couldn't keep a public league alive. Maybe this place can!

#16576 3 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Aerosmith, looking for another ghostbusters and Jurassic park DE or stern or fingers crossed a new back to the future if stern releases it!

I have a couple machines I'd be interested in routing if he's interested. I repaired machines for Doran (McLennans), so I can do repairs, board work and maintenance on my machines as well.

2 weeks later
#16722 2 years ago

I'm generally not a stern fan, but Elwin has changed that. Maiden is the best modern pin imho. It has the perfect balance of shots, code, callouts and music. I think it's because Keith had so much time to develop the layout. The callouts are sooo good.

I also swear at Maiden daily, in a good way.

3 weeks later
#16879 2 years ago

Omg. It's a fan replacement that has lower dbs. These are a dime a dozen out of China. Connectors and screws are not even caveman Science. Anyone can order the fans and resell them. If PinMonk thinks he has some secret sauce, he shouldn't be giving out tips. What a ridiculous argument. I made my own fan mod and would sell it in a second if I felt the inclination.

1 month later
#17164 2 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Keeping mandolorian le. Thanks for all the interest.

1 month later
#17365 2 years ago

Yeah, they do absolutely nothing... Except teach our children, babysit our children, council or children, stay relevant with PD, volunteer to coach and oversee or children outside of working hours and deal with dysfunctional and disabled children. Man, fuck those money-grubbing, lazy-ass, summers-off teachers. Defund them!

1 week later
#17446 2 years ago

I have found the balance at yegpin to be pretty good. Remember that aside from vendors, all the games are volunteer donations. Guys with expensive games probably want them as tournament games as they are played less and are under supervision.

There are still countless games to play, and Tommy always has an awesome group of games.

However, I don't know what this means:

"There will be show restrictions thou on all of the 130+ tournament ready pinball machines at the event."

4 weeks later
#17611 2 years ago

Addams gold for 22.5k hammer.

#17633 2 years ago

Sooo. What's a Godzilla LE worth, shipped to your door in Canadian pesos?

#17678 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Do people from Alberta/Saskatchewan ever order from P1 in Ontario? Thanks.

Nitro is better, but I bought my imdn LE through player one because I couldn't get one through Nitro. I paid a bit more, but the service was good. They also have parts on hand if you need something quicker. Shipping for parts is quite expensive though.

1 week later
#17763 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Well, that's more creative than "my wife changed her mind".

Yeah, but in reality, it's often true.

I've jumped the gun because I've wanted a pin and inquired. Then, excited, I've discussed it with the better half only to be told "there are renovations we need to do and other shit that is way more important than a 10k pinball machine. Besides, you already have 12!" Then I have to do the email/call of shame and tell someone that my wife vetoed my great idea. And you'd think I'd learn, but then that one machine I've always wanted comes up and I know it will sell right away. Down the spiral I go.

#17766 2 years ago

Just get rid of the wife and all of a sudden there’s 6 pins where the kitchen table used to be

I was stupid and agreed to "no pins upstairs, ever." Seeing the size of the game room, I was like, sure, that sounds great! That was when I had two pins.

Now the game room is full and I have one in the downstairs bathroom folded up (small room) and one in my downstairs office. I'm brainstorming of renovations based on getting one or two more pin spots.

If only the empty corner of the dining room could be used. She just doesn't understand!

#17768 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I don't get the whole blaming a significant other for not following through on a commitment. Own your decisions. You may have not liked what your SO had to say and where they thought funds should be spent but at some level you agreed with them or you just would have bought it. So just own it! Go back to the seller and say I changed my mind The thought of throwing my wife under the bus to a complete stranger? Why? So I save face? An attempt to garner sympathy? At the expense of my wife? I have a lot more respect for someone when they say I've changed my mind, rather than, sorry my wife said I couldn't buy it. That doesn't sound like a strong unified relationship at all.

But... We were talking about inquiring, not making a commitment. And we were talking about the wife being the wise person, not the bus victim.

Most of us get excited to the point of being stupid about pinball. Wives are usually level-headed. If someone bails on buying from me because of their wife, I laugh and say "totally get it. Your wife thinks we're all crazy, and she's definitely correct!"

#17782 2 years ago
Quoted from Berserk:

Oh completely agree! Which is one of the reasons why I avoid buying and selling in the FB groups. I find those groups more prone to that sort of selling, much like any sort of swap & sell groups. I usually read those for a good laugh.

Here too. I learned my lesson this year. Ask for a lot of pics and video unless it's Dan or the million dollar man.

#17833 2 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

My back hurts just thinking about how many pins Dan has moved in and out. I truly hope he has no stairs going in and out

Moving a pin with Dan is as smooth as it gets!

3 weeks later
#18112 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I'm fresh out of 2x4's, though! lol
I honestly don't even start to notice the flipper fade until about 45 minutes into continuous playing, so it's not like it's super substantial, but it is there.

Don't forget to set the tilt so that it triggers with the flipper buttons.... Oh yegpin!

1 month later
#18344 2 years ago

I'm a little out of the loop. Is the swatch from the couch and the signature worth over 10k? What am I missing? Not trying to price police. Just curious.

1 week later
#18398 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

P1 isn't offering any more discounts to members of the TOPL, etc. So I was told last time I was there. Too much demand now. Not sure about the loyal customer discount, but with people waiting 8-12 months for games now, doubt that will be happening anymore.

Funny how things change when times are good.

1 week later
#18509 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Yeah, i'd have to see if it's even going to be in my ballpark. I wont be coughing up 15k for that game. I know the prices are up and such. But i've sold couple recently, & sold for a very very reasonable price imo. I wont be stepping up to pay an exorbitant number to "get" one. We'll see if a number comes up some place I can pay. If not, waiting a bit for builds and nib prices are cheaper.
Sorry, don't want to start some fuckin' 30 post price'gument.
edit - I guess it's not a price'gument,. its just more of a statement of what i'd pay regardless of the price.
also, I made up the word price'gument.

I hear ya. I've been waiting for the price of Smaug to come down because of the general criticism the machine receives. Guess I'll be waiting a lot longer. :/

#18514 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

What does a mint Dialed In SE go for these days?

SE? prob 9 or 10k I'd guess.. Hard to tell. Prices are usually above US exchange recently. We're in hyper-inflation and the Canadian Peso is hyper-susceptible.

1 week later
#18635 2 years ago

R&M $17,000
AIQ LE $16,000
Dialed In Standard $10,500

#18685 2 years ago

The market is the market. If someone wants to try to sell me a demo man for 7k, I'm fine with it. Didn't you guys learn to "just say no" in the 80s?

#18758 2 years ago

I'm likely going to be doing a massive selloff in the next few months - have to pay for our new kitchen. I'm almost scared to because I obviously want to get a good price. If I ask 15k for my tz and 15k for my TOTAN, you guys might shank me while I'm playing Future Spa at Yegpin lol.

#18762 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

All good, just remember the rule of pinflation. When you want to get some games again, even if you think you made off like a bandit now, when you go to buy back in, you'll face palm on why you let those go for so little.

Yeah, it's all relative. I remember wanting a Funhouse years ago. There was a crazy minty collector's for 4k. I thought, "are you serious?"

The hobby is taking off insanely fast, drawing in so many rich dudes. Think about how many of them collect cars that are insanely expensive. This hobby is affordable in comparison.

I won't be surprised to see NIB LE's going for 20kCAD in the next five years. I'm sure Gary is thinking, "Can I go more....? Should I?" Then he does and sells 1000 LEs in 5 minutes. Next game, he'll ask the same question.

My kitchen is a far worse investment, for sure, but you should see the rift-cut walnut cabinets!

#18808 2 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Wow, the pitch of the whine in this thread about prices is hitting some new highs - like squeals from a bunch of one year olds.
Sellers can list and sell for whatever price they want because they own the thing. Is this some new concept?
And buyers can choose to buy or not.
So simple.
Why so many are pissed I have no idea. Just choose not to buy and if the seller overpriced it, then he won’t sell it. If he sold it at the price that you thought was overpriced, did the seller make a mistake? So you’re mad at him?
One more thing. In a super hot market, there are two factors. One is the price but another is whether or not you even have the opportunity to even buy a pin you're looking for at any price.
And all this bitching in this thread is probably just putting off even more people from just simply posting here because they don’t want to deal will all this BS.
If the goal of this thread is just to buy and sell pins in Canada then maybe the price whining need to settle down is all I’m saying. Please.

I thought it was just an expected, respectful conversation about an INSANE jump in the market, like all markets. Chillax.

1 week later
#18925 2 years ago

Profiting off of scarcity is a reality in any market. Sell your machine for 50k if you can get it, or sell it for 15k if you feel you want to pay it forward. Life's too short to care. When I see crazy prices and profiteering, I just grin and think "there's a sucker born..."

#18955 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Just saw the word profiteering thrown around… get a dictionary please.
This aint a non for profit hobby and we dont dictate the market.

Look up the term yourself.

Oh, and do you mean "not-for-profit" or "non-profit"? Wait a minute... I have a dictionary you can borrow.

3 weeks later
#19172 2 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Shout out to Tranquilize for putting Lyman's initials on Spider-man on location. 123,592,910 nice score! (apologies if it wasn't you)

My initials are almost the same, so while in spirit I would have done so, it's just me. He was still around when I put up that score. Thanks again for routing well-maintained machines!

#19173 2 years ago

I'm going to be putting up my Pinball Magic this weekend. 7k.

OCD board
Mylar removed
Good players condition
Some extra drops and plastics

Originally bought through Dan (Pingod), so he knows the machine.

I'll have pictures etc up over the weekend. Just thought I'd mention it here early.

Local pickup preferred. I do go to Calgary pretty often, so can likely deliver for a cheap fee.

#19218 2 years ago

Pinball Magic is up on Kijiji. Sad to see it go. Just sessioned it. Super fun!

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/lethbridge/pinball-magic-pinball-machine-capcom-1995/1605467048

3 weeks later
#19366 2 years ago
Quoted from Soltic:

TAF shipping box - best offer

To, like, build a fort with?

1 week later
#19427 2 years ago

Players Shadow is prob close to 7k I'd guess. That's cheap to me. The game is in my to 5 of all time.

#19470 2 years ago
Quoted from apexsl:

In unrelated Shadow business I have an extra NIB Rush LE that I am looking to trade for anything other than a Shadow. Looking for newer Stern LE, IJTPA, Spiderman VE. All trades can be +/- cash. I had to buy in the US above MSRP because as usual you can never get an LE from Canadian distros.

Darn, all I have to trade is my shadow, and you'd have to add cash with Rush....

3 months later
1 week later
#20194 1 year ago

Pinball magic is now 6k. Local pickup preferred.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1622897425

3 weeks later
#20368 1 year ago

Didn't dig gnr either. Should be a faster game. The slow play of jjp machines matched well with toy story though.

Fell in love with some early solid states. Big Game and Laser Cue were fun!

1 week later
#20412 1 year ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

I’m looking for a few specific games to add to my collection. I’m not into pinball much anymore. Glws

Market not to your liking? Maybe when it heats up again you'll be back!

2 weeks later
#20539 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I actually traded ALL my ordnance for pinball, got out of it when the liberals started prohibiting everything, just right before/beginning of covid.
So thanks to that, my basement is now getting populated with awesome pins

Canadians for pin control!

#20545 1 year ago

GnR LE in like new condition. Wrapping still on the side rails.
I'm putting this down to $14,000 to move it.
I paid $16,900 from Nitro a few months ago.
PM if interested.

Damn.. I wish I liked the game!

3 weeks later
#20799 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

Yeah, So much of the valuation can be subjective. My only beef is if I know a person is either only in it for $, or selling off poorly maintained machines to noobs at high valuation.
The rationale is that I believe there are many amazing people who have donated so much of their life to improving and growing the pinball scene... and then with this, you basically have some parasites that choose to try to leech a few $ from people who may not know any better. In so doing, they create a trail of those people trying to get out what they are in.. kind of creates a mini inflation bubble almost. lol

Yeah, I had a guy off here repeatedly lie to me, even with irrefutable evidence in front of him. Blatantly ripped me off. No honour at all.

I'll only buy in person or from people I know. If you don't follow that rule, you'll run into a similar asshole eventually.

#20811 1 year ago
Quoted from kyriel:

I've been lucky. I've bought and sold from so many great people. Time and time again the hobby shows me it is almost exclusively great people who would much rather promote the hobby than profit from it. Only been burned on exactly 1 purchase (non local, we talked at length on the phone and the person was clearly pin-educated, I paid a deposit, and then their number was disconnected and they disappeared the next day) and 1 sale (buyer must have had some sort of buyers remorse or a wife who didn't give consent to purchase because they badgered me relentlessly to pay my dime to ship a pin back to myself since there was a scratch on the playfield glass).

I've kept your name off here out of respect for the thread. Buyer beware. I can send a shit ton of evidence to anyone who thinks about dealing with this guy.

Sold me a dr who with severe damage to the cabinet. Enough so that the pf has gouged the inside of the cab 1/4 inch deep. Front corner (judging by the undisclosed deep damage to the plywood) must have taken a huge impact, enough that the cab is not square. All the other undisclosed damage and filth I could have lived with. Yes, I did want a refund. The sent pics conveniently left all this out.

Yes, I should have asked him for more pics, so that's on me. But the constant denial of disclosure was unbelievable. He was somehow convinced that he sent me pics I had proof he hadn't. The playfield scraping the shit out of the cab must have slipped his mind.

He got me for about 1k - 1.5k.

I'll state it right here. I'm likely going to sell a bunch of my games before winter. I'll give anyone a refund if you're not happy. And if I don't disclose any major damages, I'll pay for return shipping.

#20816 1 year ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Sorry you feel so butt hurt over that transaction. If you still burnt up over it, i will buy it from you for the same amount he sold it to you for. PM me if you want to male a deal.
But for the record, i know the seller and never did he do anything intentional to make a sale. If you are expecting showroom quality you shoulda done more research and seen it before buying it.

I've been collecting for quite some time and always expect issues. The game has pretty severe damage that I would expect every honest seller to clearly document if shipping, and if anyone wants to buy it for 5k, I'm definitely happy to sell. I've put in LEDs and Cliffied it as well.

Last thing I'll say: I offered to split return shipping. I was told, quote: "I do not want to buy your game."

#20826 1 year ago
Quoted from JustAnotherYoyo:

In regards to the Dr. Who, honestly it sounds like it may have been dropped or had impact damage from shipping...

Nah, the pf has been digging into the cab for what looks like years. It was a front right impact. Is what it is. I have half of the b.s. fixed. A lot of wasted time.

Pinball magic for sale: 6k Obo. No significant damage. Refund available if you're not happy.

3 months later
#21793 1 year ago

Just cancelled my GZ premium order due to price increase, so more are sure to be available at nib soon. I feel saturation and recession coming soon. We'll see.

3 months later
#22730 11 months ago

I learned the same lesson the hard way, much worse actually. Only ship with guys you absolutely know are 100% solid and are on here all the time. Otherwise, you get the "condition is subjective" or "I never said/did that" Internet argument B.S.

#22732 11 months ago

Finally have some time to sell some games. I'll get ads (pics etc) up over the next week or so.

Prices are based on history in here and pinside market. Police are welcome. I've always needed a good cop or two to keep me in line.

Prefer local pickup, but can deliver to cow town for those who are patient. We go up every other week or so.

Dialed in LE. 12.5k
Custom digital screen topper, first owner, comes with backup phone screen and extra set of plastics. Also has printed manual, comic book etc.

Sttng - 8.5k
Players. Color DMD. Custom enterprise led topper. Mirror blades. Two main ramps could use replacement, but protectors hide any issues. Cab has some scrapes.

Tz 12k
Players. Custom old camera led topper. Gum balls, lit Gumball machine, clock board was fixed with LEDs added.

Totan 12k
Very nice game. All original except sword topper, Cliffies, and LEDs. Very little wear on pf. Fidelity speaker system.

Shadow 7k
Players. This one is tough to let go. Such a crazy fun game. Custom translight (not Ulrich). Good pf. Some cab repairs from previous owners. Typical Shadow wear on plastics etc.
Dan wanted this before, so he has dibs if he wants it.

Imdn LE 18k
1 of 10 Canadian LEs with the tournament button and cad coin mechs. #70 of 500. Great shape.

Ultra man - 12k
Really fun game. Code is still coming.

Pinball magic 6k
Players. No Mylar. Some cab wear, but pretty good shape. Extra plastics.

Dr who 5k
Players/project. Partially restored due to scam mentioned in above post. I've done some repairs and added Cliffies. It plays well, but the cab could use some repairs. I'll probably end up finishing the job at some point, but if someone wants it...

#22738 11 months ago

Sorry. Thought my location was visible all these years. LOL. IT was to me. It should be set up to not show it to the user as well so they can tell that it isn't visible to others. Should be there now. Yes, Deathbridge. Junky crime land. Buy my pins before they are stolen and sold for meth!

#22754 11 months ago

Maiden, Shadow, DILE, and potentially TOTAN sold.

Sttng (8.5k), pinball magic(6k), umle{12k), drwho(5k) and TZ(12k). Still available.

Kijiji ads will go up next week for what doesn't sell in here.

Already have quite a bit of delivery requests to Calgary, so I'm considering a group van rental to do it all in one shot. The more, the merrier.

#22783 11 months ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

STNG still available?

Picard is still available.

2 weeks later
#22962 11 months ago

Nothing can bomb more than my Ultra man. Absolute disaster QC. 3d printed parts, hot glue holding shit together. Drill marks in the cab. Absolute amateur hour for pro pricing.

Still for sale.

#22971 11 months ago
Quoted from BMGfan:

I picked up the PM from Tranquilize and it's set up and playing great! Exactly as described, no nonsense sale, and he even hauled it up the stairs!
Easy purchase and my first "big boy" machine

Right back atcha. BMG and his partner are solid people. Great to meet you two!

1 week later
#23044 10 months ago
Quoted from Deadrock:

Who's this Dan.....sounds like a Legend or even a God.

First there was light. Then there was pinball. Then there was Dan.

#23079 10 months ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Love this game had my for many years until I sold my and it is a tank but not too bad too move around

I dunno... I often wonder how many ppl have been seriously injured or ceased to be because they were moving a STTNG. Lol.

#23091 10 months ago
Quoted from BMGfan:

Tranquilize had this rad electric jack/appliance truck when I picked up #PM from him. The jack part was pretty slow, but he moved it up the stairs completely on his own!
I want to know more about it because Google isn't helpful (or at least I'm not using the right search terms).
Right now my games are on the main floor, but I know one day they'll be in a basement I'm sure.....

That was an escalara, owned by @rwmech5. Shout out to him. If anyone gets a chance to deal with him, he's a great guy. He went way above and beyond for me.

1 week later
#23157 10 months ago
Quoted from Flippers_com:Used games in stock, for pricing visit Flippers.com
JJP Willy Wonka CE
Alien (original rare Heighway version)
Lost in Space - rare Borg Sega game
Stern Freefall
Panthera
Mr. and Mrs Pacman
Wizard!
Silverball Mania
Breakshot Capcom
Can ship anywhere in Canada/US in business over 40 years, buy with confidence.
We are busy fixing machines most of the time so please email [email protected] for fastest reply.

Why not post pricing here??

#23164 10 months ago

Funny that everyone wants stranger things now. I guess pinball never changes.

1 week later
#23214 10 months ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Played STH again this weekend (prem w/ projector & UV light kit). Still a pretty one dimensional game, not great really. Pales in comparison to other recent Stern games. Kind of reminds me of Premier games with all the gimmicks on the PF (C of 1812, Bone Busters).
I understand that they are rare, and and I also understand why that is.

Agreed. It's not a great game, but I do like the UV switching and the vagina monster. It's pretty fun but not worth the insane pricing, like most titles these days.

#23246 9 months ago

My DILE buyer bailed on me.

12.5k obo. Comes with custom video topper, extra phone, and extra full set of spare plastics. Has Cliffies on inlanes and spot Millar in high traffic zones. Open to trades of similar value.

I'll get around to a Kijiji this week.

It's packed up and ready to go. Free delivery to Cowtown.

2 weeks later
#23341 9 months ago

Kijiji for DILE (12.5k) is up. Can deliver to Cowtown.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1666617429

4 weeks later
#23483 8 months ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Sorry for the offside question here - just because this is a Canadian thread, can anyone here point me in the direction of the best Clearcoat we can still source north of the border for Clearing playfields? I asked Ideal Supply locally - they only have one option for me and it looks like it cures very hot which I dont want. Can anybody recommend something I can order online easily? Thanks in advance!
Mitch

There is a Canada what's up thread and Canada want to buy parts thread and a regular playfield repair thread. These are meant to be polite suggestions.

1 week later
#23552 7 months ago

Patience, those b60s might come down more still.

Agreed. The game will likely be priced similar to nib games soon. Saturation is here.

2 weeks later
#23619 7 months ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

I second that! Great guy.

I'll third that.

Now someone sell him a Godzilla FFS. I want to start plugging toonies into the damned thing.

#23652 7 months ago

The shipping world is kinda weird... maybe sketchy is the better word. Whenever I go to pick up a pin, they expect me to sign before seeing the shipment, and they think it's weird when I demand to see it first. "Oh, uh.. yeah, I guess so, if you want to look at it, I guess you can come back into the warehouse." I wish the companies where better about it and said "Hey, before you sign, come back and make sure everything is okay." I wonder if Shipsy had a relationship with R&L that involved never seeing the shipments first and they are now learning the lesson the hard way, the way many ignorant receivers do. My guess is that it is R&L getting away with bullshit like many shipping companies do. It's the old "Don't show unless asked" policy.

3 weeks later
#23756 6 months ago

My ultraman apples got moderated. My kids need to eat, Pinside.

#23784 6 months ago

Looking to trade an ultraman for a large bag of used gym socks (under 3k).

Comes with a glue gun, extra glue sticks, a 3d printer and color-matched filament in case a mech breaks down.

I've taken the amp out of it to power the speakers in my '83 Camry, but I can swap that back in no problem.

No low Ballers. I know what I got.

1 month later
#24022 5 months ago

Looking to trade James Bond Pro, stock (with stock and alternate translite) low plays under 200 I believe for a JJP Dialed in LE. Looking for local trade only. Thanks.
If you want to buy JB send me a DM.

Pro for an LE?

#24026 4 months ago

You’d be surprised, they go for around 7k USD have seen mid 6’s too.
Like this one:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/165868

Hmm, when I had mine up, I had several offers for 11cad... good luck.

1 month later
#24194 3 months ago

Ultraman LE - yes, the LIMITED edition. 12.5k, firm. Don't bother low balling me. I know what I got.

1 week later
#24282 3 months ago

So when Ultraman gets down to $2999, an owner could post without punishment? Asking for a friend.

1 week later
#24359 86 days ago
Quoted from Gunner007:

I think as new to the hobby my thoughts of getting a newer machine pro for $8k CAD is a dream. So I'm thinking 2 x 1990s pins. What are some ideas of pins that are $4k ish are fun to play, have great themes and hold their value. Opinions thanks. And if you have something and you're close to the Kingston On area let me know.

There are no DMD games worth buying @ 4k.

I'd recommend going 70s or 80s. I find my Genie to be just as fun as my 90s games, maybe more fun. At 1200 bucks, it was an absolute steal.

#24366 85 days ago
Quoted from DeadSkinMask:

Saying there's no good dmd games under 4k is pinball snobery at its finest.
I bought LW3 and Breakshot both sub 4k in 2023 and have more fun with them and both have outlasted a bunch of newer games.
Tons of great System 11s are still sub 4k also. F14, Earthshaker, Taxi, etc
My 2 cents

Maybe lw3, terminator 3, demo man etc, if you can get them for 4k. I'm not seeing so many that low. As for 4k system 11s, the bang for buck just isn't there compared to the better 70s and 80s titles that are half the price. Whirlwind if you can find one I suppose.

If ramps and multi balls are a requirement, it's going to be a struggle at 4k. 6k is the new 4k lol.

Cheap pinball is hard.

#24409 81 days ago

Ultraman LE up for trade. Looking for a broken toilet or possibly a kick in the nuts from a woman. Sorry, no man kicks. That would be considered low-balling.

1 month later
#24566 39 days ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

#TellAllYourFriends

#TellTheWholeBunch

1 month later
#24790 3 days ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The Shadow knows!
Pm for details

6k shipped. If you say no, I have friends who'll be stopping by.

#24812 42 hours ago
Quoted from Edster:

Champion Pub doesn't have Alec Baldwin's face on it. If it was his face on the boxer, it would be fun beating him up.

But how many actors have literally shot someone in the head and killed them? Pretty gangster if you ask me.

(Too soon?)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell?tu=Tranquilize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.