(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13000 4 years ago

#13001 4 years ago

Anyone able to help a fellow pinsider get a machine from Toronto area over to NY?

If able to help send me a PM

#13003 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

If a Canadian brings a pin across the border, there will be charged applied.
However, Americans can bring games back over without getting hit

Yeah that’s how I understand it too, I’m trying like a SOB to find someone to help me with this. I’m willing to pay for the help.

#13005 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

What machine? Is it from pinside?

No...it’s not listed

#13009 4 years ago

The fee isn’t that high. Did this once before, bought from a nice guy up in Toronto and brought it all the way to the PA NY border for me. Said it was like $60.

Shipping commercial like sti is different because that involves a broker since it must clear with a truckload of other items. $400 plus the $500 shipping in this case. I’d like to avoid this! Lol

#13011 4 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Hmm interesting. I thought the rule was that as long as the game was going back in to the country it originally was made in (US) that it wouldn't get dinged for export/import. I've only taken a pin once from Canada to the States, and I didn't get hit with any fees, but sounds like I was just lucky. I even stated that it was for a trade. I did however get taxed on the pin I brought back from the US into Canada in the trade, but I was expecting that.

There shouldn’t be any crazy fees with a machine made in US going back to the US.

The fees and duties come into play when doing commercial shipping because the whole truck or container has to clear customs and sti/NAVL required the use of a broker to do the paperwork. It’s like $350 -$400.

This is why I’m looking for a private transport option.

#13018 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Sounds like, the key is to have a receipt under $2,500 US from the seller and you are good to go.

Unless a US citizen brings it over. If US citizen no duty and no tax if machine made in US.

Even if going tax route it is a hell of a lot cheaper than having NAVL or Sti do it.

#13023 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Are u asking a Canadian to commit fraud for you!!?? Because we would never!! This thread is to sell us YOUR pins

Not sure where you came up with that idea. I’m asking for someone to help transport a pin for me like I have done in the past and whatever it costs it costs. Pretty simple if you ask me.

The pin I’m looking to get isn’t all the expensive anyhow. Pinside values it at like $2000US.

#13025 4 years ago
Quoted from kyriel:

Dee-Bow was only joking.

I was hoping so...lol

#13030 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'm totally kidding bud!!! Except for the sell us your pins !!

Lol...wish I could help with that!

#13031 4 years ago

Seriously though, if anyone can help me and wants to make some extra cash let me know.

#13038 4 years ago
Quoted from Linkage:

Section 321 entry. Allows goods value under $800 USD into the sates without brokerage. Perfect for "project" machines.

I’ve seen this but doesn’t apply to my situation.

#13059 4 years ago

anyone in the Toronto suburbs coming into NY in the next week or so? Still looking for some assistance.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell?tu=Psw757 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.