(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,844 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by pingod
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin_Fandango.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

268 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Pin_Fandango. You are on page 1 of 2.
#15536 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:I would prefer to buy local but it didn’t make sense financially.
Shipping door to door from Toronto to Oakville 50km was $200. Shipping from MI was $100.
I used clearit.ca to clear customs. I own a business and used my gst number and only had to pay 5% tax.
I also have some US cash which helped but even with the exchange, it would have been worth it. Saved about $1500 on ST and will be the same for JP. Simpsons was expensive to ship but I for preowned pins, PM me for details.
If anyone is really interested I would be happy to walk them through the process. I have done the same for my theater components and my golf sim.

Does this apply if you are buying privately, I mean, is it doable even if it costs a little more. Not interested in doing it through a company, been there done that and paid CRA big bucks... not interested.

4 months later
#16825 2 years ago

Hello everyone!

Anybody selling a Rick and Morty?

Will consider taking your pre-order or a game with low plays.

Will pay handsomely for NIB if you pass it along, otherwise a low plays game is welcomed.

I am in Ottawa. Thanks

#16829 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Probably zero pre-orders left. They’re basically done production. Good luck.
Also, better to try the rick and morty thread to ask about an R&M pre-order

They are almost done, which means some people are still receiving them NIB still... so we will see. If it is not a NIB it might be one with low plays.

Let me know what you have!

I also posted on RM's thread. thanks

#16830 2 years ago

I might be selling a very nice 2 month old, STRANGER THINGS PREMIUM, all dialed in shooting like butter as soon as I find a RM.

Those interested shoot me a PM.

#16855 2 years ago

I am going to order a Deadpool premium, scheduled for November.

#16856 2 years ago

*** Infomercial ahead! ***

EDIT:
I MADE 30 of these fans for people in my area thinking that they were going to take them all, I was also bored and made a bunch I probably did not need to make. I am not selling these in mass, nor I am planning on taking over PinMonk business.
I am just trying to help some other pinheads in Canada. this is not a side business for me, nor it is intending to be, nor this is going to be an ongoing offering of any kind.
This is a one off sort of situation. I just took it upon myself to make some fans for myself and others and just happen to have extra NOW.

I should have explained the above more in detail from the beginning. Wow, the hate mail was a bit intense, to say the least.

This is not a venture, I am not after anybody's business nor I am selling parts going forward.

CHILL THE F OUT PEOPLE.

----

I am about to finish making quiet fans for Spike II systems.

These are exactly like the oem fans, except that make 1/3 of the noise.

This is almost a copy of Pinmonk’s fan. I say almost because the fan I use is a different model #, however it works identically and has the same CFM and DBs.

I made these for local pinballers in my area, but will have extra so I am offering them here.

Not sure where to post this as I want this to be a Canada only type of thing.

I will ship this out
Minimum quantity is 4 for shipping
Located in Ottawa / K2L2V2, feel free to get your own shipping quote on canada post website:
Dimension are approx
2x2x1 inches per fan
0.250lbs or less

$22 per fan ($20 if you take 10x)

It is a plug and play kit

More info to come depending on interest

#16861 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

So you are ripping off another users product? Pinmonk is good people. He makes good products at fair prices and is quiet helpful here online.
All that aside and yours even costs more?
$22 cdn is $18.23 usd.
Pinmonk sells his for $17.50 usd and i only have to buy one at a time
Also, he knows his shipping rates upfront, has a proper website and payment method setup and a long standing reputation in the community.
The guy even puts his plans out there for free if someone wants to make their own kit. I doubt the intention was for someone to undercut his sales.
This seems like a low move imo. Please just make them for yourself and your friends. Good juju

Wow that didnt take long.

Not ripping anybody off. This is a one off situation. I am not in the business of selling parts.

Pin monk knows who I am. We talked.

I am trying to help Canadians. Just a few.

I made 30 these for locals but they only took 15, just extending the offer to others to get rid of these.

It was a lot of work to get these made, of my own time for ZERO profit!

If you are in Ottawa you can pick up off my house in Kanata for $18.

Only as of now, possibly 4-6 left fans left. Not sure I will have to check.

Btw..

Buying from pinmonk looks like $15 usd in shipping, he sent me those quotes.

Have a good Sunday.

#16864 2 years ago

No prob. I will not sell these to anybody here.

Sorry to anybody that had asked for these.

Please those interested go buy from pinmonk.

@pinmonk, I did not make these for resale.

Edit: only 30 of these were made for friends/collectors in my area.,
with the idea of giving it to local collectors in my area, most people have a few games at home so I thought of making a few for them. Ended up with some left over and wanted to extend them to other people and get them out of my house...

I guess that is frown upon... no prob, sorry pinside! Nothing to see here move along.

#16869 2 years ago

I do not know, if you guys want to sell anything it seems like @graysondad is the one you should ask permission for before...

All sales on hold until @graysondad says otherwise.... we are waiting.

#16872 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

<blockquote

I don’t usually get involved, but you took advantage of someone who was trying to help people. You then attack someone who pointed out that you took advantage of the first person. This forum is pretty big but I know I will never buy from you, I’m sure the way you are acting now will pretty much guarantee you won’t sell at all. Just apologize and move on.

You got this all wrong, please read my first post before we continue on this witch hunt and then please explain how and when I am taking advantage of something or someone.

Then please come back and apologize for the confusion you just created.

#16883 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Which is exactly why threads with DIY versions of retail pinside products like the DIY fan thread I made are very rare.
And if your plan is making competing fans, don't buy one of mine, then contact me and give me a story about "making a few for friends" when hitting me up repeatedly for tips about where to find specific parts for the knockoff you want to sell.
MUCH different than you making your own fan or sourcing your own stuff, Tranq.

omg I can't believe you still going at this. Buddy if I wanted to steal your business do you think I will ping you with questions and give you warning about it???
I am well off financially Sir, I do not need to sell pinball fans to make a living. I made these for people in my area and have extras.
No mystery here.

Please stop with your delusions of grandeur because you made a DYI post. This is not a secret, nor rocket science.

#16887 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Then why did you contact me under false pretenses for direction sourcing parts and bouncing terrible ideas off me like epoxying the fan holes so you could use smaller screws on the larger holes (which I advised strongly against)?
Can you or anyone do something similar on your own? Yes. Did you? No. That's the point. Own it and move on. But I will not let you pretend like you didn't do anything wrong because you don't see it.

The point is that you are wining like a toddler because I made some fans for pinballers in my area and you are afraid that other people start doing it too.
I explained to your earlier this is not what I am doing. Still, you insist!

You seem to not understand that I am not doing this for money. I made a few for friends and have extras. End of story...

You are like dog with a bone and won't drop it and keep on instigating hate towards me, when you could have stopped it 4 or 5 hours ago. You keep being you and keep selling to THE REST OF THE WORLD. I am here just a lonely little Canadian helping my little community. But you don't like that.

MAYBE YOU NEEDED THE COMPETITION TO KEEP YOU HONEST? do I hear a yeahhhh...?

You got it bro.

Soooo guess what, you been at it for a few hours now and I am tired of you and your stupid fans and you simply BUSTED MY PINBALLS!
I am now officially IN the mod BIZ.

I AM IN BABY.

I wish this thread would let upload an image we are working on with the marketing team, but I think we are onto something here!!!

Not the best marketing material out there, YET... that is true, however... Granted these 'EFFINMONKEY' Fans are something else and they GONNA GET RIPPED TONIGHT.

https://ibb.co/CJq22fM

EFFINGMONKEY MODS IS BORN.

Cheers

#16891 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Great game , great seller !
But does it come with an upgraded fan

Sorry, EFFINGMONKEYS isn't working on any Bally/williams mods at the moment.

In case you forgot, internet peeps... We got FANS.

Let me feel the love, and as such, I will be removing the minimum order for as long as I have fans.

Need a fan, Canada?? ping me. I got fans.

It is selling time baby and this mod biz is vertiginous.

2 weeks later
#17055 2 years ago

anybody selling an IJ 93?
either fully restored or project (but working).

Added over 3 years ago:

Edit:
IJ is inbound. Not looking for one anymore.

#17056 2 years ago

Have a Stth premium. Huo. Low plays.
2 month old.

Send offers by private message. Thanks!

#17078 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Have a Stth premium. Huo. Low plays.
2 month old.
Send offers by private message. Thanks!

I still have Stranger Things Premium (900 plays)
Looking for $13K. Ottawa.
With UV kit.

I will also sell my Elvira HOH, probably 400 plays by the time I am done with it... you can send me your offers for that one as well.
Elvira is 2 weeks old.

both games perfectly dialled in.

#17106 2 years ago

I still have Stranger Things Premium (900 plays)
Looking for $13K. Ottawa.
With UV kit.
I will also sell my Elvira HOH, probably 400 plays by the time I am done with it... you can send me your offers for that one as well.
Elvira is 2 weeks old.
both games perfectly dialled in.

Stth is sold.

#17134 2 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Buyer for my BKSOR Pro fell through so I'm posting it for any takers.
Located in Ottawa.
Asking $7,600.
Details and pics over on PinRev:
https://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/bksor-pro-for-sale-ottawa.11200/
Only selling because Mando is incoming.
Thanks all!
Steve

Great game and mint! Also great seller. . GLWS!

2 weeks later
#17223 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Just shipped an IJPA from Edmonton to California.. residential pick up and drop off 5 days shipping time $425.00 USD , not to bad .

would you tell me please, what company did you use for shipping?

#17230 2 years ago

I did actually get a quote with them before selecting someone else to do it for me and YRC came out to be just slightly more expensive than my current option, that said, I've spent considerably more than the price you have mention earlier, wondering where the difference is.
We were shipping the same game, just from different state and to a difference province, mind you the distance is almost the same.

2 weeks later
#17330 2 years ago
Quoted from OldHockeyGuy:

Has anyone gone through the Customs process for getting a private sale game from Canada to the United States?

I have imported from the US but in your case tashe seller, you have nothing to do really, I do not think that as the seller you can't prepay US customs duties etc yourself, so the buyer would have to organize that as he is receiving/importing the item.

All that to say, clearit.ca is what I used when I recently imported a game. It was very easy.

4 weeks later
#17516 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

There is a spread on US dollars when dealing with a bank. They will sell you US dollars for more than they will buy them from you, that's the spread part. Neither of those rates match the rates you see when you google "USD to CDN" or go to xe.com. Right now google would suggest that one USD is 1.26 Canadian. You aren't likely to be able to walk into a bank and exchange $1.26 Canadian for the $1.00 USD. Banks have posted rates, take Scotia for example... https://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/personal/rates-prices/foreign-exchange-rates.html right now it would actually cost you $1.2976 for that $1.00. Now throw in credit cards or PayPal and you again likely aren't paying that $1.26, they've got their own rates and charges that go along with them. So when people take the price on Nitro's site and apply an "arbitrary" rate to it to come up with what they think a game is landed... it really depends on what you're using for the rate.

Rule of thumb, just add 3 to 3.5 points to whatever the Bank of Canada rate is today.

#17518 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Here's what I use to find the actual exchange rate: https://www.tdcommercialbanking.com/rates/index.jsp

That is exactly 3.5 points over the posted rate
If I am buying usd a trip to the bank usually saves me 1 point. You get a break if you ask the teller/manager.
For CC purchases, as it was mentioned… there is nothing you can do…

1 week later
#17538 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

You're right on that one! You can use the US Visa to purchase the game in US dollars without any exchange fees!
Of course, when you have to make the payment in US dollars and are then converting your CDN dollars into your US account...

?

4 months later
#18870 2 years ago

Have an EHOH Premium, very clean, no issues. HUO.

Just installed: Stern side blades, Stern shaker and upgraded shooter rod (the clown head).

Looking for trades +/- cash if/when corresponds:

Simpsons Pinball Party
TZ (collector condition/high end restoration, mint, no hacks, no crazy mods, no molesting)
Deadpool Prem/LE
GZ Prem/LE
Cactus Canyon R LE (take your spot)
Terminator 2 - (collector condition/high end restoration, mint, no hacks, no crazy mods, no molesting) He will be back...

#18872 2 years ago
Quoted from luch:

how much you valuing the elvira at ?

#18927 2 years ago

Meh.
I don’t understand why people think they need to poke their head into someone’s business?

That is a ludicrous as someone walking into an open house screaming “dont buy it, it is overpriced”

Do you guys also call the grannies that are selling those dusty cocktail arcades for $50 on the marketplace to let them know - hey granny that is a quick $800 any day - but no, I see you guys celebrating often on pinrev.

Hipocrites.

Great Find! Wooho! Score!

I have yet to see someone really paying that granny what the cocktail was worth.

Get real.

Dont like the prices? The community this, the community that! Cry me a river…

Start selling your 90s williams for what they are really worth then…2k-3k tops really?

Do us all a favour come on show us the way it is done.

Just saw the word profiteering thrown around… get a dictionary please.

This aint a non for profit hobby and we dont dictate the market.

Maybe… how about try to mind your own business, you know, like normal people.

dont like the price, move on with your life.
Get an atari, Pull an all nighter playing galaga.

Have something personal to say? Do it privately.
Dont come here shooting around.

You think the prices ruin the hobby, but it actually is the people price policing who are ruining it.

In Justin’s most famous words, the market will balance itself.

You do you.
Good night

#18960 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Look up the term yourself.
Oh, and do you mean "not-for-profit" or "non-profit"? Wait a minute... I have a dictionary you can borrow.

#18964 2 years ago

Might have pushed the wrong joke to the wrong audience there. Nothing personal.

It has been a long month locked up and in between what I read here and pinrev, I am losing my filter around this crowd.

Some of the posts I read piss me off.

Speaking my mind maybe. No patience for bs maybe. Whatever.

All good. Apologies to all parties offended.
Peace out.

#18970 2 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Somebody off their meds maybe? Let's reset and move some games.

No meds here... and that is something shitty to say, really.
Tough crowd here.

Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

How much is a SW pinball 2000 worth (in Canadian) in great shape?

see them pop up around in Ontario every now and then, never seen one here, not sure now but I think 4K maybe less? not a very popular game.

#18973 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:Right, 4K is what I was thinking as the gameplay is not considered that great.
I was thinking the kids would like it, I played it before a few times and enjoyed it as well. I really like the Pinball 2000 platform, I wish they would have had the chance to make a few more.

They do pop up now and then, I also think you can easily swap a fully populated Revenge from Mars PF and you would have 2 games in one. Do not quote me on that as I am not entirely sure.

2 weeks later
#19135 2 years ago

Elvira HOH in Ottawa.
Very clean. Shooter, blades.
Local buyer only.

$14.5k or best offer, want it gone.

#19137 2 years ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

$14.50 is a steal. Heck... I'll throw the extra 50cents in so we can do simple folding bills.

Lol

2 weeks later
#19295 2 years ago

Who picked up that T2 in Alberta yesterday?

Sell it to me please, been looking for one for a while and that one look nice.

#19298 2 years ago

Have a GB pro absolutely mint and clean with very low plays.

Looking to trade for a TSPP mint.

Not interested in other trades.

#19318 2 years ago

Hug it out boys, this space is for selling over priced luxury toys and not for discussing historical events.

Goal hug (latin expression for hugging your soccer pal after scoring a goal)

#19332 2 years ago

DP Premium taken out of the box 2 weeks ago, has connectivity package. Game was produced last month.

230 plays and counting.

Looking to trade for:
TSPP plus cash on the other side

JP prem, low plays with Connectivity (straight up trade)

Not selling at the moment.

And

GB Pro mint mint mint, for sale. Less than 700 plays. Like new
$10k

Gb is listed on pinrev, if you dont have access there contact me and I will send photos.

#19339 2 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

I'm curious just not liking it? Seems like it gets so much love

It is a great game. But I know what I like and didnt find it in this title.
Not a keeper for me.

Somebody sell me a JP Prem!

#19361 2 years ago

Ghostbusters PRO - mint - low plays

can trade for:
JP PREM plus cash
Metallica pro, or met premium plus cash

Or otherwise try me with anything 90s in excellent condition.

$9500 cash on the glass!

Ottawa.

1 week later
#19413 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Those are the premium features… plus the disco ball that plays an additional mode not available on the pro.

against popular opinion in the DP thread, lol, I traded my almost new premium for an older Stern and cannot be happier...

If I had to do it again, I would totally get a PRO 100% all day long. The extra mode in the premium is nice but 100% not needed or important in the game, if you play in the dark the Pf is almost impossible to see. The disco ball gimmick wears off really quickly and the toys are cheap, a plastic truck with a light and the disco ball mirrors almost fall off if you touch the ball too much, really Stern could not be cheaper in the toys department even if the tried. Absurd.

#19415 2 years ago

Out of curiosity,what is the going price for The Shadow these days?

#19419 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I would say $8-10k Cdn. The price is starting to shoot up for this game in the US. Most are listed over $7k US now on Pinside. Condition/upgrades matter as well iof course.

They can keep it for that price, lol.

#19439 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Last year, a gorgeous Shadow was $6-6.5K.

That makes sense, I am otherwise more interested in buying new pins. Not worth buying a semi project for almost the price of a brand new game.
YMMV

#19441 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Unless you had an inside line on one from a social connection I don't think that is true. I think it was Aurich in combination with the SDTM guys and their fans but every casual person believes that The Shadow is worth 3K more than sanity. It has been on a completely unrealistic hype train for several years. I actually loved the radio show on late night radio, on reruns I am not a boomer. I have tried to get a Shadow for several years and I think it is one pin more than any other that is completely disconnected from reality. There is no justification for it's price or desirability, when there is enough believers out there it doesn't matter.

I agree with this.

#19443 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Well, we've seen a bunch of estimates on Shadow for sure! Based on what was said here (all in cad)
4.2-5k a couple of years ago
Currently at:
5.5k player condition
5.8k average condition
6-6.5k gorgeous
6.5k really nice one
Shadow recently sold for 7k (unknown condition)
8-10k for a pinballjah-flated (no need to downvote man, just a joke!)

Lol that Jahflation is tough!!!
I am a buyer for Met Prem! Just waiting for a huo at the right price.

#19449 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I certainly agree that 6.5 CAD is not realistic, as much as 8k USD isn't realistic either.

Agreed. I did try selling 2 pins recently at Pinside prices, and two very good titles too and really good examples too.
None of them sold at Pinside prices... Not even close.

Came to the conclusion that, our market is a lot smaller and we can't compare to the what we see in the US, and secondly, most people would just rather buy NIB than overpaying for a used game still being made.

I am sure some collectors pay a premium sometimes when they find something they really want, that is in top shape and all the other conditions align... YMMV... but seems to be, at least on the Canadian side, a rare occurrence.

Quoted from pinballjah:

Buy my MET for $16.5k. In terms of Shadow pricing, as 3 of the 4 currently for sale in the marketplace are priced over $8kUS, I think $6.5k Cdn is not realistic these days.

Right pin, right condition maybe but price is way out for me. Will continue searching, thanks!

#19458 2 years ago

But really…I am confused now.
What is it worth?

Jk!

#19461 2 years ago

now we are getting opinions from across the country and from celebrities in the hobby!
This game has never been evaluated so thoroughly ever before.

Not sure what your game is worth? #askus

What do you guys think Met Pro and Prem is going for these days? I might be looking at adding either, but have not played the game enough to really know if it is worth the PREM upgrade.

#19472 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Ugh I hate it when I get an extra Le.

Lol Me too.
Last time I got an extra shadow though…

Oh well

2 weeks later
#19550 2 years ago

Lol thought the same.
This thread should be renamed to “Dan’s selling corner”

Iron Maiden is an awesome pin. Is the only one bolted to the floor here after buying and selling tons of games I cant see imdn leaving anytime soon and I dont even care for the music much. Great great fun game.

#19601 2 years ago

LOL,
"If only "you" were closer"
"If only you were in XXXXX"
"awe man, so far away from me"
"I'd buy it but......."

I’ll need to talk to my wife. You dont hear that one here, lololol.

1 week later
#19635 2 years ago

Another game thwt wont be made is Stranger things and it has not been archived yet…
So LZ wont be made is my guess.

#19669 2 years ago

Anybody wanting to part with a T2?
Looking for an original HUO or better said, huo for the last few years.

1 week later
#19769 1 year ago
Quoted from Boat:

Hello fellow pinheads, looking to sell or trade my tron pro. 11600 with colour and 11000 without.
Home use only. Mint, no issues. Looks and plays like new.
It has the following mods:
Full coin taker led replacement
Colour dmd (led)
Lighted flipper buttons
Recognizer toy
Light cycle set
Shaker motor
Mirrored game blades
Flynn’s arcade mod
Speakering lights
Full Cliffy protector set
Would also trade for +/- cash
Deadpool
Guardians of the galaxy
Williams Indiana Jones
Game of thrones
Wizard of oz ruby red
Pics will be on kijiji tonight

Are you adding a 3rd Spider man? Lol

I really love this theme, but never player the game hopefully will be find one in the future that I can try!
Glws

#19780 1 year ago

This is the 2nd Tron sold at 11k in 3 weeks.

I really want to own a Tron and that one looked great. It seems like it is a great shooting game with moderate to maybe shallow rules? Have no idea I am just guessing.

I might get one as soon as I get bored of something I currently own LOL

#19789 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Looking to trade completely gone through DE LW3 + $ for DE Star Wars. Pm if interested.

I want a LW3!

#19826 1 year ago

WTB : Tron HUO

Looks like I just missed the last two but so 3rd time is the charm…

Pm me please!

#19842 1 year ago

WTB : Tron HUO
Looks like I just missed the last two but so 3rd time is the charm…
Pm me please!

To soon to bump?

1 week later
#19882 1 year ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Mad respect here, you could have bought it marked it up another $1000 and probably sold it NIB. Good on you for not being a part of the problem and getting this in the hands of someone who really wanted it.

I think we are about to see a change in the market. My gut says so.

#19885 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I hope your gut its right.

the party is over, cost of living is up, interest rates rising. We are going through the remnants of chain supply issues, once that is caught up, we go back to reality...
There is no pinflation other than a 'want it now' cost created by chain supply issues and people taking advantage of it...
Add to this, people that entered the hobby 24 months ago with more disposable income than they have today when gas was 1 dollar, food was cheaper and interested rates were low... We are soon to see all these pins flooding the market when things get a little tighter, that, and people just abandoning the pinball saga because they are now back to travelling and spending money in other things... some will remain, some will get divorced, lol, some will get more! but I think overall the niche will get smaller.

We still see inflated prices around here but those prices always been unrealistic for our -very small- market.

it is unrealistic really to expect our market matching prices across the border. I have tried it! Pins do not sell at those prices, because if they did, our prices would be actuallymuch higher than what they are there due to the size of our market share and the lack of inventory that we actually have.

After all, we are just a few hundred people buying pins vs thousands in the US... simple as that.

Your mileage might vary.

#19896 1 year ago

I am still looking for a Tron Pro.

Just a reminder.

1 week later
#19920 1 year ago
Quoted from pingod:

TAF is SOLD
Aerosmith pro is SOLD

And no Tron? Lol

Still looking for one!

#19927 1 year ago
Quoted from daytonspink:

Thanks everyone who messaged me, Got lucky today and was able to knock fish tales off my wanted list! Only took 2 years to find one in mint condition at a great price. Now onto Whitewater!

Congrats!

#19943 1 year ago

Oh I made a bunch of selling memes… but cant be uploaded…lol

#19956 1 year ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

30k gross sales, not net. Sell 3 at 10k and you're at the limit, like mentioned on previous page

This combo reminded me of this clip:

Selling pinball, right to shail.. stray uway shail.

#19958 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

If you think CRA has time to track everyone selling 5 or 6 pins (and the thousands of other items) on Marketplace then I guess.

LOL

The cra have their hands full recovering funds from people who claimed CERB when they should not.
Keep on selling boyzzzzzz

Lol

$$$$$$$$

#19987 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

The game is clearly listed in Stern’s “IN PRODUCTION” section.

it had been removed and added today actually, it must have been a mistake. I saw it myself. lol

#19999 1 year ago

Looking to trade a minty minty TSPP with a few mods.

Only trades that I am interested in:

GZ Premium

Tron Pro loaded

#20020 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Pre-order
https://nitropinball.com/collections/pinball-machines/products/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pro
Updated schedule from Stern thread:
June 2022 - Mando Premium
June 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
July 2022 - Jurassic Park Pro
July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium
Aug 2022 - Led Zeppelin Pro & Premium
Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
Sep 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
Sep 2022 - Guardians of the Galaxy Pro
Oct 2022 - Star Wars Home Edition (original & comic art)
Oct 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
Nov 2022 - Jurassic Park Home Edition
Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

and this is why Stern rules this industry, look at that production line even when the world is in flames.
Gotta admit they know their shite.

#20063 1 year ago

TSPP now for sale

did not find a Tron yet but Enron64 is sending me other goodies instead Thank you, great guy to deal with btw and looking forward to it.

TSPP:
It is absolutely a great great great example, clean and pristine. Only blemish is small wear point on right flipper button.
Everything else as new. PF, and Cab overall are pristine.

$12K

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/en84fqwls3vpz9k/AAD0VlGfIgIRz_1DSUscgycqa?dl=0

Thank you

#20065 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

There is a Tron LE ... pinside market place 18.5 USD...

thanks, that is certainly not an option for me and would never pay that for a Tron in 1B years, lol

#20084 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Have a HUO AIQ pro, with voodoo glass, shaker, and art blades. Looking to trade towards a GNR LE

deal with confidence here! Enron64 looks after his games just like I do and we are both nuts on maintenance. So somebody will be getting a great minty game here!

#20129 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Correct, maybe not the appropriate wording

Meegis just saved his back!
Those 90s are heavy AF

2 weeks later
#20235 1 year ago

They're not making more Stranger Things?

No.
Last run of premiums was 2 years ago.
No more pros either they are done.

#20260 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Some folks collect for bragging rights/profit flipping, others collect because they actually love playing the damn things. To each his own.
My problem at home is my wife gets attached to our games but I am out of room. Makes it difficult to agree on what to trade lol.

Mike just drop them off at my place, they will get serviced for free, stored for free, never have to get rid of another game ever again.
lol
For more tips, just follow me on my YouTube channel.
I also make Stern Spike II quiet fans every now and then...
RELAX, it is joke.

#20278 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

My buddy has brought 3-4 pins in through Shippsy on skids. It's $100 a skid from Niagara NY to GTA or London ON.
He used to drive down to pick up but for $100 it's way cheaper to do this and they clear customs. I don't think you need to prove it's USA made.

So you have it shipped to their address at the border and they cross it over for $100 or do they deliver for the $100.

#20281 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

They bring it to one of their 4 depots for pickup only. You pay the taxes and fee ahead of time.
Mississauga, Markham, London ON or Richmond BC
https://shippsy.com/contact-us/locations/
I have used them many times for smaller things or pinball parts that won't ship to Canada. It's fantastic.

I have used them myself as well, but I have them ship direct to me. These were small items and parts as well.

#20286 1 year ago
Quoted from JustAnotherYoyo:

I am the "buddy". I think I have done 5 pins now with a few more on the way. I have had them brought up to Markham where I pick them up in my van. They have a truck height loading dock, but no ramp for cars. They also won't really help you load, because then liability is involved. Shippsy's combined receiving, brokerage and transport to Markham fee is $100 for the first skid (and $50 for each skid thereafter, if arriving at the same time from the same destination to their depot in New York). This is incredibly cheap as usually you have to pay around $100 for JUST the brokerage fee with other carriers etc. To clarify, the pin MUST be secured to a skid, you can not have the pin shipped any other way. If I remember correctly, once the machine is in Markham (or one of their other Canadian depots), they will NOT ship it from there, you HAVE to pick it up from Shippsy within the next 1-2 days.
In regards to the "Made In The USA"; if the invoice you have does not already state that (like a new pin would), or if you are buying used and are creating the invoice yourself, you just write, "Made In The USA" on the invoice you are providing Shippsy. For Stern machines, I write "Manufactured by Stern Pinball, Chicago, IL, USA" add the web url of the pin and the tariff code. If the machine is used I also state that. Contrary to popular belief, you do NOT have to provide proof that the item is manufactured in the US, you just have to declare it is. (Even Shippsy gets this mixed up). Later on, if you were audited, at that time you would have to provide proof, which would be quite easy because the machine itself would be stickered as such.
There is NO duty on pinball machines, but if you are a consumer, you will have to pay Federal (GST) and applicable provincial taxes. For example; in Ontario and a few other provinces, these 2 taxes are combined and called HST. If you import commercially (which I am now also doing through Shippsy), you only have to pay the GST (which you can claim as an Input Tax Credit when filing your HST report).
I have personally imported tens of millions of dollars of merchandise for my business for the past 14+ years. Shippsy is without a doubt the best, most cost affordable alternative (to doing it yourself), I have found in that time.
Hope this helps!

Sounds great except for the lack of access to a ramp.
A nib is easily slid down the edge as the box protects it extremely well, I have done a few this way and I am a edit *extremely obsessive when it comes to looking after these machines. I have not met anybody like me yet. Lol
A used game is much more difficult so you will need help getting it down since there is no box.

How did you get it down?

#20294 1 year ago

I have a motorcycle/ loading ramp that I put from their loading dock to my (sprinter) van, (like a sloping bridge). My van is quite high so the angle is not bad. I just wheel it across.

Awesome. That reminds me of that video of a guy loading a bike onto a boat… I will check and see if I can find it.

I love how ingenious we pinheads can be.

#20307 1 year ago

Sorry for the quick 'for sale' derail...

anyone else noticing more deals across the border? Have seen many deals available in the US lately, way under MSRP for used games, mostly A titles/top 10. Yes sure, a lot of expensive ones there too but been noticing a lot of under msrp, which was not the case a couple months ago...

is the market softening or am I just crazy?

#20310 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Lots of deals south of the border. Has been for months.
Sadly for buyers, the Canadian market doesn't reflect the changes.

It is just a matter of weeks before it does.
Things are not selling at current prices and sellers are just too invested at covid prices to admit the loss.
I do know that deals are happening though. They are just not listed here.

As for examples across the border dont have anything particular but seen more than a few new-ish sterns selling for 1 to 1.5 k under msrp.

#20315 1 year ago

HUO would be a huge stretch for that pin.

I have seen lots of good ones. They did not see a lot of use because they sucked\, lol.

#20332 1 year ago
Quoted from Miranda:

Hey all, does anyone have any project pins for sale in the praries that they'll never get to? Want to own my first pinball machine but both space and current budget is limited, so I'm hoping that a solid mid-80s or newer game that I can work on and repair slowly would be a nice way to get a deeper understanding of how they work, and eventually I'd have a game I can enjoy. Absolutely not interested in flipping it for resale
Been helping people in my city restore arcade machines for awhile now which has been super rewarding, so pinball seems like a logical next step in my amateur repair journey. Was never was really into pinball until a couple years ago when things finally "clicked" for me (thanks BKSOR!) and I've been kinda obsessed ever since. Hopefully having a project to tinker on would stop me from constantly checking my local classifieds several times a day

welcome to the addiction, lol I mean the hobby. I know the feeling! cheers.

3 weeks later
#20490 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

This post right here.
The market is not what it was even 3 months ago.
A handful of Deadpool Le's are listed right now ranging from $14-16k and none of them are selling. Only one that sold was one that dropped to an asking price of $13k and the guy knew he had to drop to catch people's attention.
A rush le just sold here in Canada for $15,800 because that's where it should be.
Watching the market asking prices is a very bad indicator of what's actually transpiring.
Especially with new games getting announced all the time and a new stern on the short horizon a lot of people are holding off.
Production is catching up steadily on most, and lots of distributors are finding themselves sitting on games that just aren't selling as fast as they once were.
I'm gonna stop typing my wall of text, but it's easy to see the market has softened. Unfortunately a lot of people who dropped big money in the last year are going to feel losses on the inflated prices they paid because patience wasn't their fortitude.

Overpaying for a Nib is coming to an end? I am good with that lol

#20492 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Gave you a thumbs up... but guessing you don't see those either..

lol and yes you are correct.

#20501 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

You can buy my Godzilla Premium for $18.5k, lot nicer than any LE out there IMO and you can play before you buy.

How many plays?
12?

More than 20 and it’s routed.

#20538 1 year ago
Quoted from tominator:

I once traded a pin for a nice new rifle!

I actually traded ALL my ordnance for pinball, got out of it when the liberals started prohibiting everything, just right before/beginning of covid.
So thanks to that, my basement is now getting populated with awesome pins

#20548 1 year ago
Quoted from SLicK350:

Shhhh... pinball could be next? Their leader may be a "shitty" player and want to ban *fun*. Those silver balls can be hazardous you know and could lead to all of us having to get a PAL - Pinball Acquisition License.

I know!

1 week later
#20591 1 year ago

so...does anybody have any boats or bikes they want to sell?
I know 2 guys...

#20595 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

you just sold indy, i have some nice pins for sale.

I saw just have a few things on order that will be showing up shortly so had to let some go.

#20597 1 year ago

Anyone have a look at this first hand yet?
Has been for sale for a few weeks.
Addams Family
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/mississauga-peel-region/pinball-great-addams-family/1629030734?undefined
Richard

I saw this one listed. Thought it was funny he got his reflection in several pics

I am easily entertained

#20660 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

This is exactly why people price policing is ridiculous. "They're not worth that", well, looks like to someone they were, so I guess you're wrong? I'm with transprtr4u you couldn't pay ME to take a Fish Tales, but if people want to pay money for them then they are worth more than kindling and parts I guess. Who am I to say?
The market may be trending downwards...or maybe it isn't, because Godzilla is still selling above NIB value, Pirates is still priced in 20k+ range, people are still buying restored 90's B/W games for over 10k. The reality is that people are still buying games, and those games are still (more often than not) priced higher than they used to be. No matter how much you hope and wish prices will go back down, the only thing that's gonna change that is if people stop buying games. And, I've said it before and I'll say it again, ya'll are a bunch of junkies and won't stop buying pins.
Judge Dredd price just went up, $49,250.

45 years for flatulence

#20681 1 year ago

I get the mindset! I think my favourite part of pinball is getting together with like minded folks and talk shop!

Made some really great friends in the last 2 years

Even Enron64 still talks to me after buying his LZ from across the country 2+months ago

pins4life33 helped me get a game a could not find here last year! And I am forever grateful for his help

The famous Murphelman and his family always welcoming me at their house and introduced me to many other collectors/players in our region

HoneyBadger for the laughs and friendship as well as Saltimbanco whom I recently met in person after many back and forth over pinside and we laugh our heads off every time we meet up.

I appreciate all you you! Much love fellows!
Thank you

That said I still cringe when my 7 year old nephew bangs on the flippers like a caveman lol

1 week later
#20743 1 year ago
Quoted from SLicK350:

I agree. I got back into the game, coincidentally around the start of Covid, and have purchased 3 - all NIB. I think we're in a little better situation here in Canada as even games that are sold out in the US are showing as available through distro's like Nitro. I personally can't get my head around buying a game, despite being relatively new, with a few hundred plays and "no warranty" near MSRP or more. Thats not even accounting for the scuffs and bangs since the game was originally unboxed and now may need to be shipped without the same protection and risk of been shipped across country once again. Obviously sellers are finding buyers - I'm just not one of them. I'll save my money for the next new release!

I have shipped across the country and even the continent without even a little scuff.

Relax

#20796 1 year ago

Who here would be so kind in sending me some lessons learned after importing a game through Buffalo NY.
Seller says he has used shippsy recently for another Canadian pinhead.

I also remember a recent convo about shippsy in this thread that I will try to search for later today but was hoping that someone could reach out to me to explain the nitty gritty.

I have experience importing a game but it is always good to hear to other experiences as well.

Anyway… thanks in advance.

#20802 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I have Used clearit.ca 4 times in the 2 years and it’s been great. The do not ship but they will be the customs broker.
Very simple online tool to use. The message you with any questions.
2 pieces of advice.
1) have the shipper lower the value of your pin unless your really concerned and want a lot of shipping insurance on it. You pay 13% tax on the value of the invoice.
2) if you have a business, you can import it under your business name, use your GST # and save ½ the tax.
May seem overwhelming but it’s pretty simple. Congrats on the new pin!

I think clearit.ca is what I had used before.
Thank you for the reminder.

#20829 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

$100 to clear and ship from NY to Mississauga is a fantastic deal.

Yeah it is, for me coming from Ottawa not so much but certainly you guys in TO have an advantage

#20845 1 year ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

I just keep on looking at these Stranger Things Premiums and could have purchased NIB for $10,500 and now they have artificially blown up in value. Meanwhile we purchased a Hot Wheels instead, it will forever haunt me lol…

hehe, back then distros had piles of these and nobody wanted them. The premiums had lots of issues with the tk lock mech and they stopped production December 2020 (more or less) because of it being almost impossible to dial in reliably in some games. My dial-in debacle with this game is well documented in the St things thread. Took me a long while to dial it in so I can see why Stern decided to stop production. Mine required the left ramp to be repositioned by 2 mm.

I sold mine while pointing out the fact that these were being phased out and nobody believed me: NAH I will not pay you MSRP, I will get one new....

Of course this what a rumour and never confirmed officially by Stern but it turned out to be true. The Premium was then taken out of production unofficially much earlier than the Pro - only certain distros knew - which did have one last run recently I believe.

My game did sell for MSRP, butdid not sell right away, and it has jumped and gone to 4 different owners after me. I know where it is now

I don't miss the game at all, not sure what is the whole hype about but must be related to the success of the latest season, which is not included in the game at all of course as it was released a few years prior. Unfortunately the game would have resulted in a much cooler and complete theme if it was released now...

anyway...

Who has a game for sale?

#20851 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I agree with this comment 100% I just hate the confrontation of people thinking I'm price policing. Just not an argument I want to be in.

Yeah exactly. Anyway….

Let’s sell some pins!

#20854 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

what a terrible pinpickle to be in ?

nothing like being at the cottage to relish in the moment...

#20855 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

these prices lately are really a big dill.

#20856 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

it is indeed a terrible dill-emma

#20886 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Lethal Weapon 3 for sale $5200, nice clean example. Rebuilt drops and pops, new mechs for kickers. Boards serviced. Leds and new rubber. Chad and original roms. Can ship with Day and Ross or Can Freightways. PM for pics or more info.

I just bought one Friday, lol, It seems like I am either too early or too late to these postings. lol

#20902 1 year ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I haven't owned a pinball in 3 years now and the market is very volatile right now, what should I expect to pay for a good example of a Shadow?

mmmh it is a tough one... In our market, I would say 7-8. I would personally not pay more. To me it is a 7K game, maybe 7.5 if minty. More than that and it is overprice territory, so unless it's a keeper you are in the ditch for resale.
Plus almost nothing is selling now unless it is priced right.

#20943 1 year ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

The problem is that people see these machines as investments when they really aren't. The market for new pins has finally corrected itself and flippers or opportunists are going to have a much harder time making huge money on these machines. This means when people buy pins they better want them or else they may be taking a small hit on them. Honestly it isn't a bad thing, the pin market is super inflated and you are starting to see a number of pinball machines that simply won't move unless they are priced in an acceptable range because only experienced buyers are only left in the market. There is still a huge market out there and machines will move if they are priced fairly there are just not as many noobs out there to take advantage of so getting those huge overpays may be far and between these days.

There is still room for more, which is why Stern is giving it one more kick at can before the party is over.
But the only way now is down before it goes up.
JJp greed didnt work out for the flippers and I think Stern is next. The value is just not there.

Prices are in most cases $2k over where they should, easy,that is my opinion of course. The last price increase in 100% unwarranted in a world where most chain supply issues have been resolved and they are just being used to continue gauging the market.
Companies reporting record profits rings a bell.

I think that as soon this changes south of the border, we will see a quick reaction on our side and prices will come down.

Stern will continue to make their cut as distros complete their mandatory allotment to maintain accounts.
If things dont move distros wont buy.

Stranger Things rebate was not too long ago. Machines sold NIB under msrp because nobody wanted it.

I agree with what Zartan said, some will be storing these machines and agree with Kool1 some will sell at actual market price to be moved.

Next year is where we are going to truly see the final market conditions. Lending is about to see more interest rates changes before end of year…
If you thought things were bad, fasten your seatbelts this has not even started yet.
Lots of deals to be had if you are patient, lot of people got in debt to buy these machines and will get out of debt by selling them.

Only those really committed to the hobby and wealthy enough to justify it will remain but not everybody in this hobby can justify a $10k investment in storage.

Long term ownership might see a gain just due to natural inflation, but I believe gauging a nib and speculation in the short term is done or at least it seems to be, which is great news and a lot of Huo machines will be for sale soon I think.

Getting a deal and selling at market is still flipping like flipping a house, but that is economics and how the world runs which in my book is fair game.
Scalping on nib is bs and I do not support it, a nib should be available for those wanting it and not to be scalped. I purchased my last HUO $200 over msrp and I was not happy, but well. I did that. Not doing it again.

You are overpaying for the pin when you are getting it from your distro, over paying the first owner is like having 2 middle men. This craziness had to stop.

#20953 1 year ago
Quoted from ManyQuarters:

Agreed, and it makes me appreciate those that do refurbish well and sell at reasonable prices.
More than ever though, it's a caveat emptor market. Seeing plenty of ads now for overpriced, mediocre pins that need repairs and refurbishing. It's almost as if that's the Ok new norm when selling at a premium price!
It's one thing trying to sell an overpriced lemon but then on top of that the potential buyer is 'expected' to be squeezed out of even more money, time and labour to fix it up.
It's a recipe for buyer's remorse.

it is a fine line for inexperienced eyes that get distracted by Blinky lights but easy to see once you know what makes a keeper a keeper. It is a like a needle in the haystack.
I just drove to NY to pickup a home use only Lethal Weapon 3 after searching for one for 2 years.

#20976 1 year ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

As a collector NGG, as a competitive player, Fish Tales...

When you are both you need both.
#reasons

1 week later
#21061 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

LOTR for sale in Ottawa. Pics and info on PinRev as well as MAACA. 13k. No shipping. No trades.

Glws Mike. Cheers

#21067 1 year ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Selling a nice Banzai Run $11,000

I saw it and it looks great and plays great.

If I recall properly this game was sold by TNT amusements at some point, so it’s got Todd’s treatment.

#21080 1 year ago

When autocorrect goes terribly wrong.

#21088 1 year ago

The price is right is on tonight.

— makes popcorn —-

#21105 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Value is in the eye of the beholder. One man's treasure is another man's trash. Colordmd is a great mod I agree and a subwoofer can help games like Metallica sound a lot better. The rest I don't consider necessary and wouldn't pay an inflated price for.
Rob

This ^^^

#21114 1 year ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

There's nothing I hate more than having to spend a couple of hours ripping out all the shitty mods someone paid big money for when I buy a game. I try to stay away from games listed as "loaded with mods".

OMG this is so true. Not only shitty mods but also poorly installed, meters and meters of poorly colour coded cable and the worst, hacks into connectors and what not.

:)TOOL FLEX: I just bought myself all OEM Molex crimpers to make my life easier when repairing pins. Nothing like an OEM connection.

Please carry on.

#21120 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

To remove the translite, mainly needed when you update the code with a USB (if not using wifi).

Or change the fan out for one that is silent…
Or replace/fix the power supply
Or replace/fix the cpu

Ymmv

#21122 1 year ago

I hear ya brother. Not all mods are equal.
That said there is a lot of really low quality junk out there too.

I am good with high quality mods and those stay if I get a game that has them. That said, I often steer away from postings that read “heavily modded” as it is often not just the mod to be removed but also lots of hacks.

Anyway, carry on!

#21130 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Where did you get that from? How much?
Rob

Hey Rob, I got these from Ed at Great Plain Electronics.
Unfortunately, Ed is no longer open for business however you can find these tools elsewhere, albeit not at the price Ed used to sell them, which was a really great one.

I will use Ed's site as a reference, however, do not bother messaging because he will not respond.
The parts numbers are:
3132CT, 3133CT,3135CT,3136CT

This will cover all the connector sizes in a pinball from 0.062" to 0.156"

I did use a Chinese clone before with great success, it required a lot of tuning and finesse to achieve good connections but it did work.
The Sargent tool was built to Molex spec and the crimps are gas sealed. Perfect every time.

Before someone complains that this is the for sale thread, just contact me by PM for more info. Cheers.

Carry on!

#21132 1 year ago

If the next production isn't until next year, I can see people trying to get the new price for them.
with the market changing I am not sure if people are still paying NIB prices on lightly used games, I do know that mine isn't for sale nor I am planning to as it is one of the best pins ever made!

#21137 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Well yeah but clearly that guy is just looking for someone to charge the idiot tax too. Or maybe just pass it along . .

lol, is that guy still trying to pull that one off?
That was my TSPP, which I bought off another pinsider here after picking up in TO. Paid $11.5 for it and sold it for about the same.

Really nice game!

#21139 1 year ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

The SWLE for 9K was steal too if only I was in Ontario.

How did I miss it!!? Lol truly i never look.
Gimme a heads up!

#21173 1 year ago

Pins here on this thread are always too expensive or the seller is scammer. Crazy.
There is no in between!

In Ottawa we get raped everywhere: Gotta take a mortgage to buy bananas.

Now seriously, hope things get better for miniman2020

#21199 1 year ago

Turtles is awesome but I want a Pro and I want it at a discount, lol, not paying MSRP with the poor resale value they currently have.
It is a great game!

#21209 1 year ago

Hey guys, I’m very interested in buying a fully restored pin from the states. Price is about 10k usd.
Any advice and getting it shipped across the border?
Thanks
Richard

sent you a msg

#21227 1 year ago

Ok. Maybe a silly question.
I gave a deposit via PayPal today for a pin in the USA ($500usd) and it charges my about 25$cad for a fee to send that.
What’s the best way to pay for a second hand pin in the USA that’s 10k usd and avoid these fees?
Richard

Wire transfer from canadian us account to us account
$50 fee

#21229 1 year ago

Wire will be the cheapest option. Money gets to the other account in either a few hours or days (depending on banks used).
Cheap. No limit. Fee is the same for $1 or $10k

#21249 1 year ago

Johnny Mnemonic for sale ad in ON kijiji. Buddy gives life advice after calling out his own low ball price in ad.
Anyway, thought it was funny. Peace.

His ads are always abrasive and makes him look unapproachable. I have tried speaking with him before and it was just unpleasant.

#21252 1 year ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

To be fair... he's not wrong
If you're worried about a recession... a pinball purchase is probably not priority one.

Sure, but overpaying when we are anticipating a financial crisis is also stupid.

His stance just screams poor interpersonal skills or maybe just bad at sales. Who knows maybe he is fun. Lol

It is about anticipating a price objection in poor manner. It just turns people off.
Helps no-one

1 week later
#21322 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Pin_Fandango you do this do you not?

only for myself, friends and a few clients around the world but no Canadian sales sorry.
For any Canadian pin2dmd requests please just reach to Dino Zorbas, sorry I cannot remember his handle here, but I believe it is the same as on pinball revolution.

Good news is that Sopranos is indeed colorized for pin2dmd and you can get the files off Vbobrusev on Vpinuniverse.

Dino will be able to assist with all of this if you are not keen. Cheers.

#21323 1 year ago
Quoted from luch:

the colored dots or the real LCD version ?

'real' version...

A bit of history here. A lot of the colorizations now on pin2DMD are just as good as Colour DMD. There is no such thing as a REAL colour dmd, colour DMD is a paid brand and Pin2dmd is a private but open project where anybody can colourize a game unlike Colour DMD. Granted, Colour DMD has perfect colourizations wheres pin2dmd might not BUT it often does if you know who the artist is.
Vbabrosev is one of the best artist in this area and his work is perfect and complete. A lot of other free colourizations are also perfect and complete.

There is no such thing as REAL colour dmd. This is just a brand and their system is not open unlike Pin2dmd. In fact, the LED colour version made by Colour DMD is nearly identical on the component side as pin2dmd.

#21326 1 year ago
Quoted from luch:

i would disagree with you , it's the dots that you see that get colored , the lcd is high def and way clearer when on scan mode , can't compare $200 unit with a $500 unit

The lcd looks flat and dead for most 90s pins where the animations were designed around dots and not flat animations like on the lcd, the colours are often wrong as well.

The lcd only looks good in only certain games for me, ymmv.

Cheers

#21328 1 year ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

Agree with Luch. My cheap ass generally goes with pin2DMD, but I've seen ColorDMD and it's generally much better depending on title. Many of the Pin2DMD files are not complete so you will get non-colour/weird pixels every now and again. Great savings on Pin2DMD and ok for me, but I can understand why someone would go with the other.

A lot of games has been fully colourized just like colour dmd did. No errors. I did a lot of games on this list.

The list is here and the ones marked as complete are indeed complete, if you saw them before like you mentioned it is likely because those were older files.

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/5391-complete-pin2dmd-colour-file-list-for-virtual-real-pins/

#21368 1 year ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Autocorrect nabs me again....
Mandalorian Premium. But if purchased, I will throw in a curated playlist of Mandolin hits!
Listen while saving Grogu the child...

Lolol

I have a GOTG pro I can’t get into, so will be selling and or trading. Game has less than 70 plays.
Scoop protector in since game ZERO
All good

AFM is on my list but cant get to $14.5 so would be looking for a more affordable option that said I would recommend Will to anybody looking for a minty game. He does a great job!

Trades trades:

AFM
T2
Dr Who
Godzilla Prem
Tron Pro with Eli ramp
Tron LE

(
don’t offer me junk, thanks!
(

Cheers

#21373 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Just asked my wife about trading JPLE and the answer was a resounding NO!
Sorry

Ohhhh Mike are you getting into the music pins now eh!!!!

#21375 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Nope. Temp traded LOTR for LZ Prem and my wife doesn't really like it much. We enjoy the music of course but the game play is cryptic and lackluster for her. She also finds the game/pf way too bare - "where are the toys?" was the first thing she asked lol.
We do like Rush - my brother has a Pro. However just no where near as much as JP.
I'm also stuck in a situation where I'd only consider trading for a comparable LE with the same Stern accessories: official topper, shooter, IC. Only 500 JPLEs out there so a bit harder to find and it's a killer game. I won't trade down that's for sure. I'll have to wait for Stern to come up with a GZ topper and then maybe I'll revisit the potential trading aspect.

That is a good plan!
I love my JP.

#21382 1 year ago

TS4 LE (130 plays as of today)
$17.5

trades:
Tron LE
GZ Prem
Attack from Mars

thanks!

#21387 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

That's like $700.00 more than it would cost me to get a NIB one at full MSRP, including GST. Is it a typo?

Nib for you is still $17.5 after the exchange at 1.37 (today’s plus 3.5 points) and gst and shipping +- a few dollars depending on rate, but not the amount you mentioned

You calculated the bank rate which is not the exchange I get I like your math when I am the buyer though lol.

#21389 1 year ago

Yes you were wrong.
Please mind your own business.

$17k for local buyer, no shipping thank you.

#21442 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

There is no duty on shipping a game from Canada to the US. The game is made in the USA so I believe it is duty exempt. I shipped a game to Utah, no duty whatsoever. They should speak to the shipper, maybe they can get a refund? Thanks.

often times people confuse duty with tax. Most likely he is referring to the tax and brokerage fees.

#21507 1 year ago
Quoted from Canuckgamer99:

Now that the shiny TRON looks to be sold and not tempting me anymore, I’m casually on the look out for a JJP GNR LE - preferably local in Vancouver area.
I still have my Virtual Pin for sale or trade.

shiny Tron?
I must have missed it...

#21510 1 year ago

Oh yeah the arcade!
That must be it.

Ts4 still available
170 plays

Cash price
Now
$17.5 local buyer no shipping but might ship for the perfect trade.
Firm

Trades: only huo and mint please

AFM remake
TRON LE
EHOH prem
Bksor pro
Stranger Things Prem
LOTR huo and mint

Might consider something else SpikeII that is not:
Imdn
Jp
Gotg
Avengers
DP
Beatles
Batman
Lol but I think those are all the spike II systems.

Lol
No projects no ems no 90s smell like armpit junk games please
Thanks

#21512 1 year ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

What???
90s smell like armpit make the best restoration projects

hard to get rid of the stink though. lol

1 week later
#21572 1 year ago

Toy Story 4 LE still available, in Ottawa.
Mint

Going back and forth between trade or straight up sale (on Pinrev) but considering I just bought a new game this weekend... gotta make a little room.

Will prep for shipping provided the buyer makes all the corresponding arrangements.

For sale, price is firm at $17K

#21575 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Have a Stern Insider Connect that was added to a game I purchased. No interest in it so will sell for $200 Cdn. Thanks.

premium?

#21577 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

It came off an Iron Maiden Premium. Strange they have a different model for Pro/Premium?

I believe so, the pro comes with an extra apron with the proper cutout if I am not mistaken.

#21586 1 year ago
Quoted from Comox-Rocks:

I have a gottlieb buck Rogers playfield that I need to ship to Ontario as it’s way better than buyers. What courier is best to use?canada post is costly nowadays and Xmas is close….
Also do any ship cod if buyer confirms there info in advance?

I do not think Canada Post is doing COD anymore even now during these post-covid times. It was stopped then and might have been re-started, or maybe it is being dropped off at a post office instead... Not sure.

1 week later
#21681 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Don't get me started on the assholes of the wood carving world.

Lolool
Do they have an equivalent pinside site?
What are the argue about. The cost of wood? What sharpener is better?
Lol

#21682 1 year ago

Toy Story 4 LE still available, in Ottawa.
Mint
Going back and forth between trade or straight up sale (on Pinrev) but considering I just bought a new game this weekend... gotta make a little room.
Will prep for shipping provided the buyer makes all the corresponding arrangements.
For sale, price is firm at $17K

This is now sold/traded thanks

#21733 1 year ago

How did this last until morning???

Because I got mine last week. Lol

2 weeks later
#21795 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Damn, there's 3 gz premiums up for sale right now, and seem to be sitting.
Good luck to the sellers, but the market is clearly changing.

price increase is just too fresh, people need to get over the mental block, and when they realize that the price for GZ nib is the price and the wait is likely 2 years for NIB... those GZ will sell in time, we are just simple 11 days into the new year, that is all.

#21799 1 year ago

congrats, soooo... what is coming in?

#21811 1 year ago

awesome. My favourite game at the moment no doubt but my JP is too depending on the day.

#21857 1 year ago

Rush people, like the shots? can't get rush? just get an XMEN for a fraction of the price and enjoy basically the same layout minus the upper magnet/ring. Just saying!!! no need to start a XMEN vs RUSH debacle...

CARRY ON!!! lol

#21865 1 year ago

Stern is not making any more Rush. I have been told by an extremely reliable source that it has been put "in the vault".

Stranger Things gate, Rush gate. Whenever they have an issue they can't resolve, the game gets vaulted. Rush is only 1 year old so for it to get vaulted, it's gotta be a tech issue or just poor sales but I do not think it is the latter. Rush premiums are apparently suffering from a node 10 board issue that they can't figure out yet. Likely the cause ?

Stranger Things was killed after the diverter was causing tech support nightmares. I am sure it will be vaulted soon and with a refreshed mech! I will be interested then.

#21881 1 year ago

Omg people complain here when we get off track for making a joke meanwhile gotta scroll through 23 pages of shippsy ads.

#21903 1 year ago

Somebody will be super happy. Great game…. but since people hate these type of comments, here is a shippsy code instead for some money off:
#5uck1t

#21905 1 year ago

I also want a TMNT pro.
Thinking of it as my next Stern, but not at msrp as it is very hard sell or sell at loss.

Good luck with the search

#21931 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I can happily private message them to you
Not much to see really, no crack exposure, just some flair of colour from my festive boxers.
Totally g rated sadly.

Missing the shippsy spamming now.
Anyone got a code?

#21932 1 year ago
Quoted from Birdnest:

When I saw 15 new messages in this forum I assumed Dan had decided to go ahead and buy the 170 game container sale in Italy - not yet I guess

Container, boxer, same thing…

#21946 1 year ago
Quoted from Peter_Griffin:

It's okay Pat, I laughed at this...

I have brought a pallet maybe the size of 2 pinballs full of merchandise and other equipment from Australia. I was lucky that the the client was a broker. Hooked me up in a shared container on a ship, with the right contacts insurance is also cheap as well. The “shipping” was very slow as it crosses the ocean and the container often changes ships.

Just need to use the right broker. Shipping was $1100

#21949 1 year ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Holy Shit! Sounds like someone was gouging.
Here's my Air Freight shipping invoice with insurance included from a few years ago for a game I had shipped from Australia. $850usd + $150usd for insurance. Mind you this was in a time before COVID, before everyone was raping the shit out of everyone else.
QSS
I would like to upload a picture of my shipping charges to show you all what I was charged but for some reason Pinside won't let me do it. Something about "If you're selling stuff on Pinside, you need to use the Pinside Marketplace. You can then embed your ad in any forum post by using the ad embed code."
QSS

Sounds about right, I did pay $1100 during covid. Anyway. I has forgotten about this, thought I would share it.
Everything arrived unscathed btw.

1 week later
#22023 1 year ago

Putting feelers out for 2 trades coming out in a little while:

I will have a really mint TRON PRO for trade soon, just waiting for the spring and also because I do not know what I want to trade it for yet but it is definitely going as I just upgraded to a TRON LE

I am the 3rd owner of this PRO and the the previous 2 owners are known. Always HUO. Game is mint mint mint mint and SUPER clean.
It was not played much at all, when I got it it was running old code and showing 800 plays on it. It has been updated now and shows less than 200. Condition is king. It looks like new everywhere, pristine shooter lane.

I just did a complete shop of the upper PF that includes:
All new plastic posts.
All new metal posts.
All new rubbers.
All new COMET LEDS (in translucent white)
All new flippers.
All wire ball guides polished to a shine.
EDIT: New style Spike II service rails installed, no more ugly studs.

Tron pro is modded with:
shaker
brand new TRON Arcade v5.0
and will have the disc mod installed soon (waiting for the final design - WIP)

next in line is my GOTG, just got it NIB, can't get into the game, less than 300 plays on it now.
Scoop protector before plunging a ball was installed. Not a mark on this thing.

Will consider Bally/Williams DMD in pristine, professionally restored/collector condition grade as trades.
Or something modern as well, HUO only, low plays. Let me know what you got.

No projects, No EMS, no junk please

If no trades come along, these will be for sale but not until Spring.

#22026 1 year ago

How much a does a nice T2 go for these days?
Richard

T2 is $4k USD in decent shape better than players.
In really good shape maybe a little more but maxes out at 5k imo

#22028 1 year ago
Quoted from Weeedoggie:

Seeing as your in the price quoting mood pin fandango , what do u figure a golden eye near mint condition is worth ?

I wish I could help but that is game i have no experience with. I am sorry. I believe Murphelman owned one although some time ago and he might have some input.

#22038 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Market in Ontario is pretty dead right now. Always the way - the great pins hit when you can't buy or just bought LOL.
I can't imagine being pinless ..

yeah Chaz, this ain't time to sell unless you have a replacement coming in.

GOTG and TRON PRO still waiting for some good trades, games I want.
GOTG is last run and barely played it, and TRON PRO HUO -fully shopped as of last December - if it was not for it being 12 years old, I would say it is like New Out of the BOX as well.

Attack from Mars
Fish Tales
Terminator 2
Dr Who
Addams Family
Twilight Zone

TMNT LE

Will try to post pictures for Tron on Pinrev sometime this week but really busy with other projects at the moment and did not have time to get to it.

Cheers

#22040 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Can't believe you didn't like GOTG - such a fun game.

it happens I guess. I think I would like Metallica a little more.

#22049 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Have a nice Iron Maiden Premium, looking to trade for an Aerosmith Premium or a Pro (plus some cash). Thanks.

Sont have a aero but I have been thinking of upgrading my imdn pro to prem.

1 week later
#22107 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

By then there will be a Alien LV remake...
I kid ...kind of ... Last rumour was late 2023 for a Canadian delivery...

my money is on 2024.

#22124 1 year ago

Anybody selling Attack from Mars or Fish Tales?

#22149 1 year ago

Anybody have any shippsy codes?

#22169 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Funny there are 3 T2's for sale in Ontario right now.

Which ones?

#22171 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

They're on Facebook Toronto marketplace.

thank you. I cannot find them! weird....
anything good? been looking for a really nice one but the majority of these are just too beat up to even bother.

#22174 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I wasn't really looking either. I was looking for one a couple of years ago but since decided I wasn't as excited about the game for the price people wanted.
$5500 isn't too bad though if it's in decent shape.

it is a terrible game, lol. Rules are just dumb and it is one trick pony sort of thing.
To me is just nostalgia. First pin I ever played, that is it. I had one and sold it in 2 months but my collection grew now and I will be ok with having it just to have my brain playing tricks on me and feel I am 11 yr old again, lol

Anyway, shippsy code #oldfak

#22176 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

T2 is fast and good practice for "on the fly" shots. When I owned one I hated the rules (way too simplistic) but liked the speed.

Yeah that is it really.

#22186 1 year ago

I just picked up a Nascar.
Plays REALLY fast and flowy.
Something you may want to check out if you have not already.

Lol… what a menace.
Leave something for the rest of us…

#22238 1 year ago

Ok, so I found a Foo Fighters LE in the US, and they are able to send it door-to-door from their business to my home.
I am told I have to contact the border to create an account to clear customs? Does anyone know anything about this?
Also, if I have it sent to me, I will pay 13% tax to bring it in. But, if I have it sent to family in Winnipeg, I would only pay 5%.
That difference is probably around $1400, so would it make sense to ship it to my family out there, then just have a shipping company deliver from them to me. Anyone know the cost of shipping a pin from Winnipeg to Toronto? I figure it's nowhere near $1400!

Use clearit.ca

once you get the invoice, you upload it, pay fees ($100) pay HST to them, wait for pallet at home.

#22250 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:I'm just laughing at those last few posts..! Not taking any side, just funny shit!
Now pingod to save the day..! Any new fs games Dan?

Where are his games!!!?

#22266 1 year ago

I suspected that post was gonne get rough…

Only way out of this is with some shippsy codes.

#22274 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Not mine but there’s a JP Premium just listed in Quebec for $12,500. 450 plays ish.
Looks good and properly priced for anyone looking.

Is this gone? If not please send the link to
Saltimbanco

#22317 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

The Pinsound makes a bigger impact than the ColorDMD. How often do you really look at the DMD while playing vs you are constantly hearing music/sound effects. But I'm very much into the whole immersion thing and for me the high quality sound really completes it. You can also make interesting changes without detracting from the game experience. Listen to the Patrick Stewart call outs

that sounds really great.

#22335 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Can we just get back to talking nonsense all these pins for sale at these prices is super depressing.

It is crazy….
Easy fix:
Will offer some left over quiet Stern fans to stir things up a bit.

#22352 1 year ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Seems reasonable the trick is can you find one for that. Ask all those Metallica owners, would they sell their MET for 2K less than MRSP of a NIB pinball machine, I kinda doubt it... Once a machine goes out of production all bets are off, but if a machine is still available in circulation you may be able to find some deals like that. I dunno too many people thou that want to take a 2K hit on their NIB purchase.

This

#22353 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Dude. Kevin is dumbing everything down and taking his time because he is making a video. I own a P3. It takes longer to pull the glass and find a safe place to put it than it does to remove the module and install another one.

How are you liking this system Mike?

#22355 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

So far so good. Few minor glitches like most NIB that I've had but everything is working great. Need more modules!
you'll have to come over to see it. I'll wait til my Drained module shows up in a few weeks and then I'll invite you over!

Looking forward to it!!

#22356 1 year ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Seems reasonable the trick is can you find one for that. Ask all those Metallica owners, would they sell their MET for 2K less than MRSP of a NIB pinball machine, I kinda doubt it... Once a machine goes out of production all bets are off, but if a machine is still available in circulation you may be able to find some deals like that. I dunno too many people thou that want to take a 2K hit on their NIB purchase.

On that note:

Anybody wanting to trade their MET premium for a Guardians Pro plus $?
Machine has 230 plays

#22360 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

No you're talking complete sense!!

2 Toronto guys talking about cheap pins… lol they must be buying that is it!!!

#22449 1 year ago

Have a mint Guardians Pro with 200 plays for trade.

Looking for a 90s game or 2 to trade.

Fish Tales
Dr Who

Or modern Sterns to trade:
Try me with anything post 2013
Foo Fighters Pro

+- cash accordingly

#22464 1 year ago

Do you know roughly what they would charge?

if you get in touch with Tommy he will tell you.
I had Tommy ship a game for me before Christmas. Top notch service, packed perfectly inside a box/palleted.
Just great.

#22467 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

For real. They will sell well IMO.

I would get a premium again if they fix the diverter

#22478 1 year ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Did they ever add the element of the camaraderie between the kids (aka humour and you know, "fun")? Early code I played was missing that element of the show completely, which left it feeling hollow and pointless.

No the code never got that, it is pretty lame. Another Lonnie “masterpiece” that I think it was a hair better after it was finished by MKV.
All his games get finished by someone else it seems.
Bond might be next?

#22481 1 year ago
Quoted from Boat:

I have a popeye , 6500 obo . Posting on kijiji the next day or two

Williampinball was looking for one

#22484 1 year ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Now this year I am looking for a A13

No worries Will. Hope you find it

#22520 1 year ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Can someone (some people) vouch for Michael Cayer out of Quebec? Thank you!

I have dealt with him once, no issues! Great guy. Owns extreme airbush.

#22523 1 year ago
Quoted from Boat:

Extreme bush pilot maybe? Either way... I am intrigued

Lol, airbrush

Airbush sounds like a cheap 70s porn movie

1 week later
#22544 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:Nitro has first run FF pros in stock. Amazing game if interested.. Was shocked they were not all gone.
https://nitropinball.com/collections/pinball-machines/products/foo-fighters-pro-order-now

looks fun, super nice layout but doubt it will get to GZ's behemoth status as you still have to listen to them non-stop even if the layout is good.

Guardians PRO $10.5 - Ottawa
less than 300 lifetime plays
Price is firm

#22549 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

You have to listen to the same music over and over again on ANY pin regardless of theme or whether they are band based or not. Are you fed up with your GZ music yet?

I didn't say FF bothered me, just saying less people will be keen on putting up with a band they care little about vs a generic 'fill the gap' music in a pin like GZ, where the theme overcomes the music.
And I like almost every music pin, with a couple exceptions.

TAKE MY GUARDIANS PLEASE SO I CAN GET FF!! lol

#22551 1 year ago

I appreciate the offer, price is firm at $10.5
thanks

1 week later
#22625 1 year ago

Make sure to write on the invoice - MADE IN USA -
It will likely be tax free.

Quoted from transprtr4u:

I would just ship it ...
Fedex would work ... would put used pinball Part on the descriptor.
Make sure you check the signature required box .

Ok! Will he be hit with the same border fees as us?

1 week later
#22676 12 months ago
Quoted from roar:

Shoot each one 5 times of course.

Plus matador headshot

#22696 12 months ago

this thread has no meaning now, except it's only good for Shippsy codes...

who would have known!

#22741 11 months ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Truth, I only bought TNA and will not go near any Spooky game anytime soon…

Have not own one but I have seen a few.

These spookys aee supposedly commercial grade machines? I dont think so. Fwiw, these dont feel like it to me, get a home brew-ish feel instead. The cabs… use pocket holes instead of mitre lock joints. Maybe it’s ok? Next, the wiring in Rick and Morty is a rat nest and they seem to change their systems often with each title.

Scooby does seem to be a step up, wiring has been dramatically reduced which can turn into a more practical experience service wise but I am not too impressed yet.

They do seem to have a long way to go. I am not a fan yet.

#22749 11 months ago

You should take a look under the Alien playfield. There are a bunch of boards and what feels like about 10 wires. The lack of wiring is shockingly low.

Indeed I have seen it. I really like their system albeit still need to understand their computer system. Not a fan of the JST connectors they chose for the boards (too small and hard to unplug) but so far I am liking everything else.
My favourite part hardware wise is that everything is either M4 or M6, just two different screws and one type wood screw unline north american machines that use every screw made by human kind.

1 week later
#22788 11 months ago
Quoted from Arsenal129:

Hi there. I may be purchasing a machine which is in the GTA and will need to ship it to Winnipeg. Any suggestions for shippers? I have only ever purchased local. Thanks.

Get Dino at shipmypinball to get you a quote from depot to depot, or depot to home delivery, or home pic/depot etc. whatever combination works for you.
I have used Dino a few times, I can never get a proper quote from a shipping company unless it is through a commercial account (which I do not have).

2 weeks later
#22973 11 months ago

Putting some feelers out...

WTT TRON LE ( Still running original code to show original plays which are less than 300)

for a Stranger Things LE
no other trades and it is not for sale, thank you

Alternatively,

WTT Attack from Mars Remake Classic (colour screen, pf protector, 400 plays, mint)
for Stranger Things Premium

Thanks

#23039 10 months ago

and wait....
THERE IS MORE.

Call now 0800-DAN

Edit: to be clear, DAN is great. He has helped me numerous times as well and can say the same of a few other guys out West.
Rock Star level but in pinball. (?) Something like that.

#23048 10 months ago

Someone please trade your faulty diverter TK lock and cheap projector Stranger Things LE with crappy rules and poor layout for my minty Tron Le before I purchase one from the US.
Thanks

#23093 10 months ago

Shippsy code
#can'tsayEscalera.

#23115 10 months ago

I like my escalera, it is great generally speaking climbing almost any type of stairs indoors but it can struggle outdoor if the terrain is less than perfect.

There is another model made by another company that cost 2x the cost of a fully loaded escalera, uses Lithium battery it is 3X lighter and much faster, another member has it (2 of them actually) and have used it outside my home where my current hardscape/landscape to enter and exit my walkout basement is less than ideal to say the least lol...

One thing I dislike about the escalera is that particularly, when the terrain isn't perfect, the chains can drag on the ground. The big wheels would help here but it is yet another gizmo to carry around.

The escalera is slower but even the earliest and weaker model can handle 2X the weight of the more modern model that I was talking about earlier.

On that note:

TRON LE still up for TRADE only
Looking for Stranger Things LE

Attack from Mars remake Classic - color dmd, shaker, side art, pf protector, 500 plays and counting
to trade for Stranger Things Premium

Thanks

#23146 10 months ago

Might be a sign Pulp Fiction is around the corner.

#23163 10 months ago

WTB
Stranger Things Prem or LE
Le is much preferred

Thanks

#23166 10 months ago

people want what they can't get.
#micdrop

#23169 10 months ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Well if you want to pad my pcoket a bit and double my $$ I have some CGC LE's for possible sale with one still new in box

you guys need to calm down...

He clearly started his argument with '25 years from now'. Instead some of you are taking the statement and making it sound like this was some sort of sin.
Relax.
Machines do go up in value, pinball and anything from the 90s is now considered vintage and in demand, yup... we are old... We were all born in the 19 hundreds...see how that sounds.

1 week later
#23191 10 months ago

I am planning on remaking this mod...

--- --- Coming soon! -ish or eventually-ish. Have another mod in the way that I want to make first for the Alien machine. If I get the LE I am looking for, Stth UV kit (just like the factory, same system) will follow.

#23196 10 months ago

I am still looking.
WTB Stranger Things LE

Thanks!

#23238 10 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Amazing deals out west wow. We can only dream of those prices and no PST out here.

Time to start house hunting out West.

#23242 10 months ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

We don’t take kindly to strangers….

whoa.

1 week later
#23270 9 months ago

Couple games up for sale:

Have a really nice LW3 that I had imported a while back.

$5200 OBO

-Pin2dmd colour DMD
-PF board replaced with a spanking new - NOS blank - and replaced ALL components and connectors with new ones. It looks better than factory.
-Other boards went over and made adjustments when needed
-WhiteNorth noise mod installed (for less buzzing while in attract mode)
-LEDs under PF and backbox

All dialed in and playing great with:

-New flippers assy - full flipper rebuilt
-New kickback assy rebuilt
-New shooter plunger assy rebuilt
-New NOS Shooter gun installed installed (super hard to find)
-Original topper in perfect working condition with a brand new blue cover
-Never used NOS trans lite

VERY CLEAN! not blowing up smoke here. Plays great.

It is in really really nice shape, super nice playfield and cabinet is well above average with no button wear and overall very good and clean!
Machine had been in storage for many years before I bought it and it still has the factory wrappers inside the cab! Very very clean inside too!

This is one of the few LW3 that had a really easy life and was not played much nor abused.

---

AFM REMAKE Classic
Colour screen
Shaker
Pf protector
500 plays on it

$14800 OBO (can prep for shipping for a fee , provided the buyer takes care of arranging shipping)

---

Making room, I am overflowing with pins at the moment, posting here before I post on Kijiji (will be posted there at a higher price).
No trades, need the space. Thanks

3 weeks later
#23368 9 months ago
Quoted from Flippers_com:

Used games in stock, for info, availability, pricing and pictures please visit Flippers.com
- Pinball Adventures Punny Factory! New in our showroom!
- JJP Willy Wonka CE - HUO single owner low plays
- Alien (original rare Heighway version)
- Panthera
- Bally Wizard!
- Bally Silverball Mania
- Capcom Breakshot
- Chicago Coin Hula Hula
- Williams Pokerino
Check the website for latest arrivals.
Can ship anywhere in Canada/US in business over 40 years, buy with confidence.
We are busy fixing machines most of the time so please email [email protected] for fastest reply.

I know Enron64 has been searching for a Pokerino for ages now.
lol

1 month later
#23525 8 months ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

They are still available from Distro's.

these are under msrp in the 2nd market.

#23547 7 months ago
Quoted from roar:Lots of California pinheads out there… anyone you trust enough to pick the game up and ship on your behalf? Heck if you could find a cheap enough flight to make it worth your time you could fly out there yourself and pack it up and ship it back from his garage.

It’d need to be a hell of a deal. My body hurts just thinking of all the effort that is involved in doing this.

Time for a nap

#23551 7 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

If you had a contact in California that could wrap it and ship to Buffalo for pick up it would be ideal.
It's definitely doable if you really want it.

Maybe asking for help on the forums might work!
I have been helped like that before.

1 week later
#23581 7 months ago

AFMr $13.5
Colour screen + shaker

EHOH
$15.7
200 plays

LW3 in amazing shape, collector grade imho
$4800 firm

Thanks

1 week later
#23625 7 months ago

AFM r Classic - colour screen/shaker
Xl screen is an option, currently in stock if you wished to upgrade (planetary pinball has them, confirmed by CGC customer support today.

$13300 shipped chepeast afm listed on pinside

Elvira Prem 200 plays
$15300 shipped

No trades

#23650 7 months ago
Quoted from JustAnotherYoyo:I am posting this as information as I know a number of people here use Shippsy.
SHIPPSY: WHEN THINGS GO WRONG
I will make this as brief as possible;
-Scooby pinball machine shipped from Spooky was completely destroyed by R&L Carrier
-(Most likely) R&L, knowing that they had destroyed the shipment, tried to conceal the damage and proceeded to wrap the box in plastic to stop all the broken glass from falling out. They then delivered it to Shippsy in New York.
-Shippsy; WITHOUT CHECKING THE SHIPMENT, signed for it and accepted it as having no damage.
-As normal procedure, Shippsy sent me a picture of the skid on their dock and I could tell the box was damaged, but was hopeful that the damage was ONLY to the box.
-When I went to pick up the shipment at the Mississauga Shippsy location, I immediately the damaged went through the box, to the actual game. Upon opening the box, the pinball machine was completely destroyed. It looked like someone hit it with a truck as the entire cabinet caved in, all the glass exploded, the back box split in half and the playfield was most likely split or warped as well.
-The Shippsy Business Manager was called over and the situation was explained to him. The machine was left with Shippsy as I refused it in the condition it was in.
-Shippsy realized immediately that they were at fault for signing for it, even though, according to their records/ CCTV video, that is was knowingly delivered destroyed.
-Shippsy assured me that they would take care of it and that they stood behind their service. From their email; "Rest assured, we are committed to resolving this matter promptly and ensuring that the appropriate actions are taken to prevent similar incidents in the future."
-Shippsy then shipped the machine back to Spooky and opened a claim against R&L Carrier.
-R&L Carrier immediately denied the claim as it was signed for as "ok".
-almost 3 months have passed.
-Spooky has repaired the machine ($8500 US repair bill) and it has been ready to ship for almost 2 weeks. (I only found out today that Spooky and my US distributor agreed to fix them machine while the repair payment was being resolved.)
-I forwarded the repair invoice to Shippsy and got no response.
-About a week later Shippsy stated that they were going to reopen the claim against R&L Carrier.
-Today I receive this email from Shippsy; I haven't received a response from R&L Carriers regarding the claim appeal we submitted. Shippsy covered the expense of returning the shipment to the manufacturer in the US. Regrettably, Shippsy cannot cover the repair costs, which is why we are assisting in the process of getting the claim approved by R&L Carriers.
-The Shippsy Business Manager is no longer answering his phone and his voicemail is "no longer connected". Shippy's main contact phone number is also not being answered and goes straight to voicemail.
There is a possibility that Shippsy is completely lying and that they, in fact, did all the damage, wrapped the machine, and took the picture on their dock afterward. At this point, I no longer trust or believe anything they say.
Either way...I'm screwed.
What this means is that Shippsy assumes NO LIABILTY when using their services.
As someone who has a commercial account with them and imports millions of dollars of merchandise from the US, Shippsy is no longer a viable option for any products or shipments of significant value.

terrible experience, looks like a long battle ahead.
Either way, Shippsy signed for the freight as OK. Whether or not the shipment was ok when it was signed off for, it is to me a Shippsy problem, they either failed to inspect or they damage it themselves. I would put the pressure there and use all social media outlets to expedite a response.

1 week later
#23671 6 months ago

AFM r Classic - colour screen/shaker
Xl screen is an option, currently in stock if you wished to upgrade (planetary pinball has them, confirmed by CGC customer support today.
$13300 shipped chepeast afm listed on pinside
Elvira Prem 200 plays
$15300 shipped
No trades

All sold.
Thanks

#23678 6 months ago
Quoted from Boat:

Just want to give a huge shout out to Pin_Fandango (Juan) I bought a few minty games off him , games were packed perfectly and his communication is top notch. Deal with confidence!

Glad you are happy! and you got some custom pallets too lol
And likewise, all good, great comms and easy transaction on your side as well, thank you for handling the shipping labels so I could them drop it off for you.

If any of you get a Pin_Fandango branded pallet in the future keep it rolling, do not dispose of it and pass it on. Make a pinhead happy.
Cheers

#23723 6 months ago

my post about one of my games, has been deleted from this thread and I received a pinside moderation for it. Looks like Pinside is looking for money.

anybody else experiencing this?

#23725 6 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Yes. Normal.
If you want to use Pinside to sell your games you post in the classifieds(and pay the marketplace fees). Or if you don’t want to pay fees then just post that you have games for sale on MAACA or PinRev and leave it at that.
Pinside marketplace fees are not secret and it’s not a scam. It’s what funds the site.

sorry you misunderstood, I have used the marketplace before when selling to the US. We have been posting games here now years, why was only my post attacked or are all other posts now being removed as well?

#23728 6 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

They're likely just being a bit more thorough about enforcing the rules that have been there forever. I really doubt they're just picking specifically on you. Maybe related to the number of posts certain members make in this thread too. Who knows. I ain't a moderator nor would I want to be one lol.

for them to be cracking down on the tiny Canadian market place, they must be really hurting on their side. Whatever all good!
thanks

#23735 6 months ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Well, it was a good 9 year run for selling pins on this thread, now what?? Should we just talk about shipping, pinflation, and how the pinball market is crashing now?

Lol

#23752 6 months ago
Quoted from roar:

If I had 2 games for sale for $34,000 I think I’d be alright with $200 in fees to sell those 2 games and if I wasn’t I’d be good with asking $34,200 for my games to cover it.

I have paid pinside before when selling to/in the US, but I think it is not worth it when selling within Canada. There are much better alternatives for us in that case.

2 weeks later
#23871 5 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I've used FEDEX Freight before and again using them this week. I go through an export broker to arrange it all. As has been stated above it's covered in this thread.
The reason I use FEDEX instead of cheaper carriers is the speed it gets to me (less handling - less damage risk) and I'm more comfortable with insurance claims against FEDEX than I would be against a bunch of different carriers that passed along my shipment. Pretty difficult to figure out who did the damage then.
Fedex Freight also does residential delivery without issues (lift gate).

Good to know about FedEx.
Did u need a commercial account?
What was the cost?

#23873 5 months ago
Quoted from BMGfan:

IANAL But I don't see why not? Can you keep it down there, then give it to a buddy to "sell" back to you (with BOS etc.) Right before you bring it back?
The government just wants their cut at the end of the day after all.
Don't play games with the value or anything, just make paperwork to bring it in and pay your taxes?

this will never fly with a CBSA agent when coming in as they are well aware of the real cost. Insinuating you paid less will take you down a road of questioning and other border drama I really would not recommend, especially, when caught otherwise you will be forever flagged, fined and else.
If you do have a place in the US, simply say it is yours and that you are bringing it back to the US (I am thinking), you are not importing it. I would navigate this cautiously and it might ruin future travel plans.

1 week later
#23945 5 months ago

Have a player condition Shadow.
Just listed in pinball revolution. Under 7k cad

1 week later
#24007 5 months ago

Shadow still available
$6200

#24012 5 months ago

FlipperFreak always great dealing with you. I recommend!

4 weeks later
#24123 4 months ago

anybody here other my friend Honey Badger have a Hoops?
sell it to me.

#24132 4 months ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

I know this has nothing to do with pinball, but why on earth does toys r us think putting cds and dvds into their store is some great idea? Do the stores need a revamp? Yes, desperately, but combining HMV and Toys R Us into one store is mind boggling.

Sir, this is Wendy's.
lol just kidding.

That said, The Shadow still available $6200. Firm.
Players condition, 2 new ramps included. Need a new CPU board and some love.

Cheers

#24160 3 months ago

So nobody is selling a HOOPS?
how about trading your Hoops for:

Alien LV
Tron LE
Mandalorian Prem

Yes you add cash on top on all options of course

sell me your Hoops.

I am open.

1 week later
#24220 3 months ago

Sometimes you can only do so much.
Buying abroad paying in full in advance by wire transfer is not for the faint of heart.
Once you have done a few deals you get comfortable and putting a depo on a local game is easy lol, that said this is not done in a rush or to prevent a desperate seller from selling to someone else. You don't do those in these situations because a cross border deal and being in a rush is a recipe for disaster.

I have sold games without a deposit if I know I can trust the buyer and won't cost me another deal.Thst said, I have lost deals to "my wife said I can't " excuse or the unexpected vet bill. You just make a mental note of who those are and never deal with them again.

Keep flipping!

268 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Pin_Fandango. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin_Fandango.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell?tu=Pin_Fandango and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.