(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,839 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Eagles77
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrMikeman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12305 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

the new MMr Royale is almost $15K with exchange - yikes!!! Not enough to say no though

Exactly!!! Mine is ordered!

4 weeks later
#12406 4 years ago

If you click on the classified ad link it's listed as Langley, BC

#12429 4 years ago

Looking for LOTR or Road Show. Somewhat local is preferred...

3 weeks later
#12556 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

that machine looks HUO too. Mid-aughts Sterns need more love!

It's in Ottawa... You're in Ottawa... Go for it!! (And you can haul it with your soon to be acquired hand truck )

1 month later
#12915 4 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Yes, Yes, YES!
But is it better than:
Oh yeah. OH YEAH
Played a wwf at P1 the ring was a cool feature. But not really wow, more like finally they figured out they could put a ring in there.

OMG flashback with those OH YEAHs. Annoyed me so much i changed the sounds when I owned it. Way before pinbrowser or pinsound lol.

#12933 4 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I can't tell if you guys are just being funny, or if this is some kind of sarcastic price police stuff? If it's the latter, I'm not sure why your panties would be in a bunch for someone asking 5% higher than pinside average price for a machine that's above average condition and has extras like led and topper. Especially when most machines in Canada list at more like 30% above pinside price regardless of condition.

FWIW I think your asking price is certainly reasonable. JD does nothing for me but if you decide to sell that Dr Who let me know!

#12935 4 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Ok, thanks. I'll stop being paranoid now then.
I'm actually thinking of selling off all but one for a little while. The Doctor is probably the last man standing though. I loves my doctor who.

The Dr would get lots of lovin at my place too!!

It's on my short list of games I must have. DrWho, LOTR, and SW Prem.

#12942 4 years ago

Can anyone here vouch for mIkea? Long distance purchases can be a bit worrisome. No marketplace history on here and only 19 posts in 2 years..

#12944 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

I have dealt with him before. He picked up my Dredd and delivered it to a buyer for me and only wanted gas money for the trip.
Pretty solid guy if you ask me.

Awesome thanks

P.S. See you at Tom's in 2 weeks!

2 months later
#13526 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Seriously though, how does one find the 7-8k CDn HUO Beatles? Is that a hard data number or a “how much I would pay for one” number?
I don’t see any history of sales like that here or on pinrev. I see evidence of some selling around 6k USD on market history on here (Pinside est value is 6300), which is more than 8400 after posted exchange (add another couple percentage points for bank fees) and doesn’t include any shipping or tax.
I felt like I got a decent deal on the one I just bought given the research I did at the time, but now I figure I missed something or there is a secret society pinball market I am not privy to.
Buying/selling a pinball machine is starting to feel like buying/selling a car. All bullshit and manipulation and zero amount of fun

In the end it doesn't really matter how much you paid. Did you feel it was a fair price? Are you enjoying the game?

The fact remains that this is not a game that sells well. They are sitting NIB in a bunch of distributor's stores/warehouses in the US and Canada. They will continue getting discounted until they sell.

The only issue you will run into is when you get bored of it and want to sell/trade it may be difficult to get what you feel is a 'reasonable value' since NIB can still be had, possibly with significant discounts...

Just enjoy the game.

#13538 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Of course it matters what I paid. Whether or not I got a fair price is the exact point. I don't know anyone who enjoys feeling like they overpaid for something.
I know I am coming off a bit salty (cause I am feeling a bit salty), but really just looking to improve my pricing methodologies, set out to learn any secret handshakes, whatever so I can get better deals in the future.
Thanks.

I totally understand. I do feel like Geographical location matters a LOT. I don’t even mean us/can or east-vs west here. Even Toronto-Mtl-Ottawa has very disparate pricing for the same titles. Definitely a “local” phenomenon it seems.

Didn’t mean to come off as a db. It Just doesn’t sound like you overpaid. Most likely You just paid around market value and didn’t get as much of a deal as you thought? Been there and done that too...

Kinda shocked about the 7k JP though. Game is still in production and selling like hot cakes. Seems odd it goes so cheap on the used market. Yes I have one lol.

2 weeks later
#13678 3 years ago
Quoted from luch:

usually yes in US dollars converted to Can, if you belong to a league , there may be some discount , and in the end if you don't ask , you never get !

Don’t forget to factor in tax. PST/GST/HST... whatever your province has...

For example my 9000$USD JPLE cost me 13,600$CAD all in last fall when the exchange rate was better. I had to go pick it up in Montreal. If you want Ottawa delivery it’s a bit more.

1 month later
#13843 3 years ago

I have a Road Show listed on the Ottawa area. link: https://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26427

I have never shipped so would rather not. I can't deliver anywhere anyway my truck is out of commission right now.

#13886 3 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

This was my first NIB machine. I brought it in from California 6 months ago. Honestly I was hoping to break even; see that is not possible.

You can usually break even on used games if you didn’t over pay to start with. Add-ons(mods) are usually a right off. You almost never get that back. The taxes are the killer on NIB.

It’s kind of funny that pinball people think like that though. Would you think of buying a new car and then getting 100% of that money back including taxes a year or 2 later when you sell it?

#13968 3 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

One man pin moving machine! Seriously one of those escalara things would be killer though

Love mine. But none used my way so had to go full price retail. Not so fun lol.

#13994 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I have a Road Show listed on the Ottawa area. link: https://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26427
I have never shipped so would rather not. I can't deliver anywhere anyway my truck is out of commission right now.

Game is sold.

1 month later
#14243 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

anyone near Ottawa thinking of letting go of their JP Pro in the next few months?

And in the mean time.. Just come by the house to play my LE!!!

#14277 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The one I posted is nice not a project at all and sold in June at 5k. So My search continues I’m targeting 5K and will move up and down from there. I have the DE and Sega Jurassic Parks I would trade or move as a pair for something interesting. Would not go two for one on a Shadow without cash coming back.

If the border can re-open you may be able to get one priced reasonably.

2 weeks later
#14444 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Anyone pinsiders in Nelson, BC that would be willing to pick up a pin, pallet it and drop off at a shipping depot for a price?
There is a game id like but the seller isnt familiar or comfortable with shipping a game.
Worth a shot as i had some great people offer to help me get my Skateball here from Saskatchewan a few months back.

Is it a Blackout????

jk

#14450 3 years ago
Quoted from Lou-E-Gee:

If you go to the US, you pay the taxes on the sale of the pin and you get COVID as a bonus addon.

And good luck crossing the closed border

#14486 3 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Just got quoted $6099 USD for Iron Maiden Pro from P1AG....
You guys buying NIB all paying MSRP or do some of you get better pricing?

Paid MSRP for JPLE and MMrRE with P1 Mtl.

4 weeks later
#14794 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

... if it’s priced right it will sell, if it isn’t it will sit.

Exactly. Overpriced games don’t sell on collector forums although they may on Kijiji (unaware noobs). I don’t think this particular game is overpriced but time will tell. So many (mostly older WPCs) on the other forums (PBR and MAACA) just sit there forever with tons of comments “I can’t believe this hasn’t sold yet”... i always want to add “it would sell if it was priced right”.

In the end it’s only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it....

4 weeks later
#15056 3 years ago

LF SWEP1 P2K kit. Actually I could settle for just the pf and translite but prefer the full kit.

I've asked dgpinball about his kit but he ain't replying. I'm in the Ottawa area if shipping isn't possible.

1 week later
#15166 3 years ago
Quoted from Reid420k:

I'm just a pat lawlor nut now. My local arcade had addams family and just put twighlight zone on location.....I have about 40 hours on addams family put up first place on machine last week, Hense why I want a monopoly, I heard its a decent game for price.... I would really like a red and ted or a woz, but I don't know where to look for one of those

They do come up for sale in your area. Are you on pinballrevolution.com?

I sold a Roadshow a few months ago. Found a woz too.

#15236 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

LF SWEP1 P2K kit. Actually I could settle for just the pf and translite but prefer the full kit.
I've asked dgpinball about his kit but he ain't replying. I'm in the Ottawa area if shipping isn't possible.

Quoted from Tinnhound:

Shawn in Calgary has one, PM me for his info

Well a big thanks to Tinnhound for the lead and thanks to Lord_of_the_pins for a super smooth transaction and arranging shipping.

Now if I can only get my Pinbox setup to work on the original CRT I will be able to play it lol.

3 weeks later
#15433 3 years ago

Games that are appropriately priced will always sell fast.

1 month later
#15564 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

11,728 is what’s out there

And it’s so awesome I figure about 11,700 of the folks who own them don’t want to sell theirs.

1 week later
#15639 3 years ago

And where does it land in Canada? Can you expand on the process?

#15671 3 years ago

what makes you think it's a SW? They aren't shipping the IFPA rewards SW until Q2.

1 week later
#15730 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Don't do it man, you'll have regrets for Shadow! Lol

Quoted from pinballjah:

Like I have regrets selling my previous WOZ and Metallica

Yup. WOZ > Shadow.

#15733 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Price to be adjusted based on game. I would add some cash for a Shadow WOZ trade.

Oh I didn't mean the monetary value. I meant fun factor/gameplay.

#15776 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

What is the benefit versus buying direct from P1? I assume you still have to pay the same amount of HST. Not unless you buy the game direct from Stern for less. I would think shipping a game from P1 to Ottawa would be less than a couple hundred Canadian. Thanks.

You can’t buy direct. It was his IFPA rebated game. Those are direct from Stern and prices aren’t to be publicly discussed.

#15779 3 years ago

The top players in the world get a once a year discount on Stern NIB. Use it or lose it.

#15846 3 years ago

Gonna be listing Dr Who this weekend with pics. Ottawa area.

Nice looking game. Shopped during Christmas holidays. All rubbers replaced. All lamps(LEDs) functional. There is no fade whatsoever on the cabinet as it was just re-done with new decals. The playfield has a full plastic protector imported from Germany. 3 X Brand new ramps. MPU has been replaced with a Rottendog WPC board. I have both the original translite and the alternate one which is installed now. You can have only one I am keeping the other. Buyer's choice.

LEDs throughout with both the LED-OCD and GI-OCD boards installed. It has the moving Dalek topper (Mark Davidson wobble head). The real deal, not the cheap eBay mod based on a servo. 6000$ without color display or Pinsound. Price is firm gonna be asking more on FB & Kijiji.

The color display is a ColorDMD(LED type). If you absolutely want it it's $500 FIRM non negotiable. I'd much rather keep it. Will not sell separate don't ask. Machine currently also has Pinsound+ and shaker. Once again expensive add-ons and would rather keep both. If you absolutely want it then Pinsound only-$450. Pinsound & Shaker $700 . Pricing is FIRM also.

If you buy the game and add-ons you can have it all for $7000 FIRM. At that price you can have both translites as well as a spare playfield (wall art) that is lit. Not for sale separately.

#15847 3 years ago

Gonna be listing RFM/SWEP1 this weekend with pics. Ottawa area.

Fully shopped during the Christmas holidays. Cleaned. Faulty switches replaced. All rubbers replaced. All lamps functional. New jump ramp and SOL vuk weldment installed. Original VUK was beat to shit. Bottom cabinet is very nice. Upper cabinet has a few scuffs. Has original CRT monitor which is bright and crisp. Original P2K glass is nice.

Runs on a Nucore computer that supports both Revenge from Mars and Star Wars Episode 1 games automatically. No external HD as the software is on a M.2 SSD and directly on the MB. Has an ArcadeVGA video card + video amp to run the CRT. Nucore detects which playfield is installed and boots up the appropriate game software. Comes with a new translite that I just purchase from Planetary Pinball and never even installed. Playfield has a little bit of wear at the SOL hole/vuk but has a protector covering it and preventing further damage. NO LEDs in this game it is all incandescent (original) lamps. Reason is simple: If you install LEDs the auto-detect capability of the software to determine which game is installed is lost. Also, the ability to detect burnt bulbs is lost. You can have my spare new and used but working incandescent bulbs(#44 and #555) as this was the only game I had with incandescent bulbs. Game has the "MyPinballs.com" custom software installed (RFM v2.22), as well as a harness that let's you install a shaker and real knocker if you wish. Has the 6-ball trough mod that is supported by the custom software. It also has the flashing LED saucer mod but it is incompatible with Nucore.

Comes with a Star Wars Episode 1 playfield, manual plunger, and translite as well. Playfield has barely seen any play there is no wear whatsoever. Translite is new just purchase from Planetary Pinball. 6000$ firm. Gonna be asking more on FB/Kijiji. 2 games in one. Switching between games takes less than 10 mins. I do it in 5. I can include brand new red T-molding if you wish to replace it at some point.

#15879 3 years ago

Finally got around to posting my 2 games(Ottawa area):

Dr Who - 6000$. Yes I know it's steep but I dumped a lot of cash to make this nice.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1551058312

RFM+SWEP1 - 5800$
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1551056019

Time for them to go to make room for some incoming additions. Never shipped a game so not really equipped to pack up and pallet.

#15887 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Dr.Who looks great. Just so I am clear. You are including in your price what you paid for shipping and taxes when you bought it?

No. Just explaining where the money went to make it nice.

#15892 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Likely be selling my Monster Bash Remake Limited (around 220 plays) in the early spring. Looking for $11.7 is anyone is interested. Does have the topper, powder coating and mirror side blades with the LTD edition. Thanks.

Would love to get a MBrLE at some point but out of room for now. Mostly out of cash too with 2 x NIB on the way. GLWTS of this beaut.

1 week later
#15998 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Looks like I’m out of the Hobbit business, made a decision on another.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuckin’ jacked to get it in the basement in the near future

what is it man?

#16008 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:Finally got around to posting my 2 games(Ottawa area):
Dr Who - 6000$. Yes I know it's steep but I dumped a lot of cash to make this nice.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1551058312
RFM+SWEP1 - 5800$
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1551056019
Time for them to go to make room for some incoming additions. Never shipped a game so not really equipped to pack up and pallet.

RFM is gone

#16048 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

This reminds me of the Shadow that sat forever and six months later everyone was looking for a Shadow. If no one buys it, I will give you $5k np. I don't mind owning 2 at that price.

Got my first low ball this morning on the de-modded and back to stock DW. Told the guy at that price I'm taking out the new ramps and putting the old cracked and glued ones back in. lol.

5k is definitely the lowest I am going with this thing. I'm priced well under the other 2 local ones and they don't have the moving topper. While mine isn't CQ it certainly looks nicer than the other 2.

Not really considering shipping as I have no way to transport to a depot right now. Oh and I've never wrapped and shipped a game before so not really comfortable with the process.

#16054 3 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

anyone with an extra polks psw10 sub for sale?
i installed one on my roadshow yesterday and really like the result.

Cheaper to get a splitter from pinnovators. 1 sub can have 4 pins plugged into it. I have 6 games in 2 subs (although I went BIG on my subs). Works great.

#16056 3 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

mike, i received the pinnovators submix with their rca cable. i only plugged one machine so far.
connected directly, 100% sound
connected to submix, 25% sound
not really happy honestly...
maybe, im doing it wrong

Did you use their adapter to hook up to the cabinet speaker? Submix isn't meant for line level signal. I found that out too.

#16104 3 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Posted my roadshow on kijiji. I'll be honest... the last time I saw a roadshow for sale was the one I bought 4 or 5 years ago. So I'm not really sure what it's going rate is. Definately open to offers.
Cabinet is definately not mint. But the playfield is really really nice and the mpu was recently bulletproofed.

sold mine in July for 5500 with colordmd.

1 week later
#16190 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Does anyone know how much "import duties" would be for a machine coming from Nebraska (USA) to Montreal (CANADA) or where I can find this specific info? I keep hearing 13%?
Also, NOT that anyone would ever do this but what if the "invoice price" was placed lower than the actual price you are paying (say the machine cost me $10k but the seller only puts $5k on the invoice), is that a good way to save a few bucks?

There is no duty on a pinball machine since it's made in the USA. You will pay brokerage fees to whichever company brings it across the border and pay GST + PST in QC. About 15%. Even if you bring it across the ON border you will then pay HST, about the same.

Unlike 15 years ago CBSA agents aren't stupid about pinball machine values unfortunately and if you falsify the value and they pick up on it(they most likely will) it will cost you much more than if you had just paid the the correct amount to start with. You will pay whatever inflated value they decide PLUS a fine.

#16194 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I always wonder how the agents determine the actual machine you are bringing over? I have brought over maybe 7 from the US so far and they have never looked in my car to confirm the game I have with me. The game is so well wrapped anyway, that they couldn't tell what the title was. I have had an agent give me the $800 exemption before because they felt bad I paid $3k for a pinball machine (I was in the US maybe 2 hours).

And I’ve had the opposite where they searched everything including the pinball machines. Depends who you get and what mood they are in.

#16293 3 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Anyone know if Nitro is closed due to the pandemic right now? I phoned there for some pricing over a week ago. Got voicemail in the middle of the day. I’ve never received a call back.

Just bought online from them yesterday and it got shipped right away. Maybe they are just busy.. I asked for pricing via email and got a response pretty fast.

#16338 3 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

anyone played CFTBL ? how's the game?
is TSPP better?
i own these machine and would like to add something else.
-getaway
-roadshow
-dirty harry
-TFTC

CFTBL is a very pretty game. Also very shallow in rules. The fun factor tends to wear off fairly quickly. TSPP is a better bang for the buck and you will never get to the end probably. One of the deepest/hardest games to beat.

#16396 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Was Stern cooperative with the process? Thanks.

Stern only deals with individuals for the IFPA Stern Rewards program. You need to be in the top 100 IFPA ranked players worldwide to have access.

#16410 3 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:Can someone confirm this, doesn’t sound right to me

I believe the only pins that ever came with the security bar from factory were pinball 2000.

#16419 3 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Re-worded............tough crowd.

I don’t think anyone was trying to get on your case... it’s just the one thing you were using as the proof the game is HUO is actually proof of the opposite. HUO gets thrown around so much it’s lost its meaning anyway. It really doesn’t matter. Your game looks pristine and the condition is what drives the price, not claims of HUO.

If you weren’t so far I’d be seriously tempted. LOTR is on my very short list of wants.

GLWTS.

1 week later
#16507 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Thanks for the great question and opportunity to explain.
The idea of posting in this thread is...
I'm looking to sell my collection at market value, and not deal with those looking to lowball.
Checking options and possibilities, while also feeling a little sympathy for my neighbors to the north and the high prices they have to pay.
Being you guys have to pay crazy prices I figure you'll pay FAIR price with a smile.
Ideal situation I take 18 pins to niagra falls ny and meet 18 canadians who hand me good us dollars for good American pins and they drive em back across the border.
(alot of them being 1 owner low play huo and all have color and xtras)
Posting in this thread will hopefully lmk if this is a bad, or good idea or if it's even plausible.

I could be persuaded to hit the road for either of BM66, TSPP, and TWD.

But as been mentioned there is no border crossing and probably won’t reopen for some time still.

1 week later
#16540 3 years ago

There will always be undisclosed issues and things that aren't to your liking when buying sight unseen. I bought 2 WPCs like that and both had surprises. 1 more than the other. Pics avoided showing the extent of wear/damage. Bent legs, stripped leg holders (3 of 4), broken leveler nuts(normally welded to the legs but all 4 were broken and loose which gave the game a 1-2 inch circular wobble. This game was obviously transported on all legs at one point which caused that damage. It also had a damaged lockbar full of amateur electric welding holes (never in pics), plate glass instead of tempered (never in pics), and a few non-working things on my "fully working game".

The second game wasn't that bad - sort of. A few lighting add-ons by someone who doesn't understand how the lamp matrix works which caused matrix issues. That was easy to fix once I found the offending diodeless LED strips. However I had to replace the MPU as it was hacked beyond repair and not working right.

So yeah it happens.

2 weeks later
#16647 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone have an original Pinsound card or Pinsound + they are looking to sell? PM with details. Thanks.

PM'd

1 week later
#16725 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Funny how I couldn't sell my IM Premium last year for $8,800 with less than 30 plays
http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/iron-maiden-premium-sold.9940/

Some titles take a bit longer to get love. Others get love right away from all the hype then it dies off somewhat.

Seeing similar with Stranger Things. Sat in distro warehouses forever as it wasn't selling. What other Stern have had LE's available to buy NIB from legit distros a year after release??? Now that folks have tried it with complete code the like it and want one. None to be had anywhere whether Pro or Prem. Hell even here in the marketplace there are more JJP GNR for sale than STh.

#16736 2 years ago

Also surprisingly they still have aiq pro.

So does P1 in Montreal. In fact it's the only new game left in the showroom.

#16738 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

So there's no AIQ or ST Premiums anywhere? What is generally available anyhow?
Rob

Nitro typically only lists what they have in stock so check their website. nitropinball.com

1 month later
#16986 2 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

how many MMRE's in Canada anyone know? A few for sure - :applause:good luck with sale

Probably less than 10. Not that it matters. Game will sell for what someone is prepared to pay...

Mine won’t leave. It’s my go to game when I’m in the mood for just fun and little strategy. It’s also the game guests gravitate towards.

#16988 2 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Yes mine is bolted to the floor for now as well BUT hmmmm 17K USD would be hard to turn down

Meh. Not me. It’s not about the money. There’s nothing better that I can think of that I would want to replace it with.

3 months later
#17719 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

If anyone is looking for a nice JUDGE DREDD on the East Coast, check out my Kijiji listing here: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1586183349

You forgot to add: DON'T ask about the IJ. It's NOT for sale!

#17747 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Not sarcastic. Just the sentiment of certain price hurdles for machines.. that when you look back to in a couple of years, you see as steals. lol.

LOL Now I get it too. It seems you were saying the prices will come down significantly but really you were saying the opposite. Makes sense now.

What seems like too expensive now will be considered a good deal when you look back at 2021.

2 weeks later
#17942 2 years ago

There's a guy in Ottawa selling a JJP POTC LE for $30kCAD. If any rich westerners here are interested go check out either MAACA or Pinball Revolution it's listed on both.

1 week later
#18079 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Making room... Sopranos 5900.00 US . pristine.
Mando LE with moving Grogu 12,500. US . Pristine
Bride of Pinbot 2.0 Black cabinet purple accents. rare 6,900.00 US redone and Pristine
No shipping for now Cheers! Also may move Tron LE and Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle both you guessed it Pristine

This is a Canadian thread selling to Canadians. You should list in $CAD like everyone else in the thread, especially with no shipping!

Edit: I just noticed the "tone" of my comment is abrupt but is meant to be joking

#18081 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

You make the rules on Pinside? Damn next time will remember to confer before posting!

Meh.. I was bored lol

#18101 2 years ago

I'd be willing to trade my MMr Royal Edition for a Wonka CE - I only know of 2 that are somewhat local.

That's it. Other games or cash sale will be NOT considered.

3 weeks later
#18267 2 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

”reasonably priced games”

Is that even a term that can be used anymore for pinball?

Good luck with your quest! I like your list!

2 weeks later
#18386 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

New pricing Jan 1 $8,900 x 1.28 x 1.13=$12,900
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-game-release-history
Looks like I may be off $99US, $13k with the current FX rate
Amazing Metallica LE was only $600US more than the premium back then.

I believe the maritimes have a higher HST(15%) and then add shipping. Not sure how mikewalsh is calculating things.

#18406 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

dayummm, is that buying or selling?! I would of hoped around $4200-$4700

Dayuuuuuuum. That’s so 3-4 years ago!

1 week later
#18505 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Any idea what a Smaug would be worth these days? I really have no idea anymore.

You can always get a rough ballpark for any machine right here on pinside. Just look at what is currently for sale and/or what has sold in the last few months. I ignore the historical average pricing as it's not any good - especially since the start of the pandemic.

For example Hobbit (Smaug) are listed between 10.5k and 11.5k USD and that what they've been selling for lately as well. Keep in mind canadian prices can bit a bit lower or a bit higher depending on the machine and more importantly on location. I certainly wouldn't expect to sell my MMrRE for 26000-27000 CAD even though that's what they are selling for on pinside.

2 weeks later
#18724 2 years ago

Ditto!

#18730 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Sorry, this is the only premium still available as a comparative of current 'market' prices:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/127507
$12k x 1.29 x 1.13 = $17.5k CDN. Also mine has the Pinstadium lighting so I am actually priced below market. Just trying to help someone out with a deal below market. Can't say I didn't try.

Wow. Guess my JPLE is worth over 20k according to your reasoning.. let’s not even talk about my MMrRE then… man I’ve been sitting on a gold mine!

You do realize that an ASKING price on pinside or ebay or kijiji etc doesn’t make it “market value” right?

#18779 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Congratulations.. I had a feeling it would go quick.. Shadow was underrated for so long, that the valuation is still catching up, despite it being very desirable by players.

Let's not get carried away here. A nice player's condition shadow sold 2 DAYS ago in Ottawa for 6500$ which is on par with Pinside US market value of around $5k USD. 1 uninformed or impatient buyer that pays 9500$ for a Shadow doesn't set market value.

#18802 2 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

If the goal of this thread is just to buy and sell pins in Canada then maybe the price whining need to settle down is all I’m saying. Please.

It had finally settled down until you brought it up again but thanks for your input.

1 week later
#18846 2 years ago
Quoted from marcd:

Still looking. pinballjah decided to keep it.

Wow shitty. GLWT search.

#18878 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Stranger Things isn't in the same class as Ehoh

A premium isn’t in the same class as an LE and shouldn’t be priced like one either.

#18918 2 years ago

There you go Chambahz

Post deleted. You don't get me and I don't get you. That's fine. There's enough room in the world for all of us.

#18921 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

If I'm too high, it will sit unsold. I will then decide whether to keep it or reduce it gradually.
The market will determine the price.
P.S. Thank you for your ongoing dedication to the price police force. I would like to make a very generous donation to your next celebration.
Spoiler: it's a big bag of dicks. Enjoy!

Oh please. If I wanted to price police I'd do it on Pinrev. I just think that astronomical pricing should be kept for FB and Kijiji, not forums of 'mostly' informed folks.

WTF do I know anyway, right? Integrity is a thing of the past. I might as well get used to it.

Anyway, back to the topic. I do not have any machines for sale. I play them, not buy them for a quick flip/profit.

If you ever come down to Ottawa you are more than welcome to come over and have a beer. I really mean that in the most sincere way. We can philosophize on where the hobby is going

Yes I'll probably be that guy that goes "back in MY daaayy, blah blah blah"

#18924 2 years ago

NVM. I don't feel like getting into a pointless argument through a keyboard.

I will say that Toronto and Vancouver prices are somewhat typically higher than the rest of the country.

#18977 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

They do pop up now and then, I also think you can easily swap a fully populated Revenge from Mars PF and you would have 2 games in one. Do not quote me on that as I am not entirely sure.

BTW RFM is twice the game SWEP1 is. SW is beautiful but boring as f...

RFM can be updated to newer code that's still being developed. https://www.mypinballs.com/software/rfm/code_updates.jsp

If you get the Linux based Pinbox/Nucore system then the swap between RFM/SWEP1 is as simple as just switching playfields. Nothing else to do the computer recognizes which one is plugged in.

1 week later
1 week later
#19160 2 years ago
Quoted from Comox-Rocks:

Well the price police are mostly wrong nowadays so pay them no heed frankly…

LOL. Whining about price policing even when there is none. This has to be the ultimate paranoia.

#19167 2 years ago

Pretty sure it’s ok to price police when a new poster tries to douche us an extra 3k on a game that came out last week.

Poor noob. Probably heard that pinball was a sure thing for making money. Nobody explained to him that selling for profit while anyone can get it new right now doesn’t work.

2 weeks later
#19299 2 years ago

Out of room at the Inn lol. 3 games coming in so 3 need to leave. This is the first one on the chopping block:

Medieval Madness Royal Edition. $20kUSD or $24.5kCAD. First owner. Add-ons: Stern HD Glass, Merlin MOD, Headphone station (Pinnovators), Lit flipper buttons.

Hasn't moved from where it was unboxed in my basement in 2020. No trades. I've never shipped a game but I'm sure there are folks in the Ottawa area that could help a potential buyer. Would prefer local pickup so the buyer can inspect to their heart's content.
Pics:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mrmikeman65/sets/72177720297002177/

#19301 2 years ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Yowza.
$24.5k...
How much was it new 2 years ago?

About the same as JJP POTC LE when new. And now they are still about the same on the used market.

You *COULD* just look it up in the marketplace right here on Pinside

#19303 2 years ago

No need to get salty.
Was simply a question. I have no idea what they originally retailed for as I have never bought NIB.
Just shocked that they'd retail for the price of a new car.

Wasn't meant as salty, just an example of the madness. (See what I did there??)

New games landed in Canada after taxes (Ont/Que) are anywhere from about $10,500 - $19,000 depending on model/trim. JJP CEs for example are at that top range.

#19307 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

mike, wanna sell me your LOTR ?

Peut-être

1 week later
#19375 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Anyone have an MMr they would be willing to let go of? Have a very nice tron for trade. Also Houdini up for trade. As well as a royal guard, globetrotters and solar ride project.

You should probably tell us where you are……

1 week later
#19435 2 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

2.0 lights?
What is .28%?

28% is the US/CAN exchange rate

#19446 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Buy my MET for $16.5k. In terms of Shadow pricing, as 3 of the 4 currently for sale in the marketplace are priced over $8kUS, I think $6.5k Cdn is not realistic these days.

Asking prices are meaningless when games don't sell. That does not equate to market value. You need to look at the recent SOLD games from the market place. Those show that they are mostly selling for 5-6.5k USD with a few exceptions higher/lower.

#19448 2 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

Aren't you then agreeing with pinballjah's comment that $6.5CDN for a Shadow is not realistic? You are saying sold are showing in the $5 to $6.5K USD range.

5kUSD is 6300CAD. 6.5kUSD is just over 8kCAD. So yes it should be possible to get a Shadow for 6500CAD if you are patient and don't expect collector quality.

Also, prices north and south of the border are different. If you want US prices then sell to US buyers. I just sold my MMrRE for much less than I could have in the US market. That's my choice to keep it north of the border.

In general folks only care about Pinside prices when it's to their advantage (shitty exchange rate). When rates get better then they use all kinds of excuses to ignore US prices Or they start some bs about "oh you have to add taxes". There are no taxes when buying used except if you cross the border so it's not a legitimate excuse.

Seen it before and will see it again.

1 month later
#19744 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

MET seem more difficult to find the past few years.
Rob

Funny I see the opposite. Quite a few for sale. Seems there’s always at least 1 for sale in Canada at any time. They don’t move very fast as they tend to be listed pretty high.

Now if you meant “reasonably priced MET” then I agree…

Not that I’d be interested anyway. I just don’t seem to connect with music pins. I love the bands - Metallica, Rush, GNR, etc but the pins I find “meh” for some reason. But I know I’m the exception lol.

#19760 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I guess I must not be good at selling things. What should like new DP Premium or JP Premium with shakers resell for? What about TMNT LE? Tell me what prices these should have.... I see people reselling premiums on Pinball Revolution for A LOT higher than what I have asked privately...
I meet a lot of inflexibility among potential buyers who want a certain price and just won't budge from their offer. It's odd that someone is willing to walk away from a deal over $100 on a $10,000 + item. I'm not gouging anyone on price, but I don't think I'm being unreasonable to make a counter offer that is still hundreds less than my original asking price.
This is why I hate selling pinball machines. It's such a highly competitive and small market here in Canada.
Rob

Keep in mind PinRev is mostly Toronto area. They seem to have more people willing to overpay.

#19795 1 year ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

I think they all do now. I recently bought a game from Nitro and another from Player One. Was quoted USD in both cases. That's for new games. Used games are priced CDN.

They can't give you a price in CAD until they get the game. It depends on the rate on the day they had to pay for it.

3 weeks later
#19939 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

You'd have to ask the seller. I'm not quite sure to be honest

Seems pretty straightforward. He runs a business and is in Canada. If he sells within Canada he has to charge tax. If he sells abroad and ships the game out of country he cannot charge Canadian tax. It's not about the currency, it's about where it's going.

#19965 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Powdercoating, HD glass, shaker, side blades likely cost you $1k tops.

Wow! Please share where you are getting these awesome prices! I come up with approx 1500-1700 for those add-ons not including a real backglass. My list doesn't include any shipping. These prices are if you go pick up at the distributor.
P.S. you forgot the side armor and the upgraded speakers.

Here's what I've seen/paid:
Stern HD Glass - $400 taxes in (I've bought a few from P1 and yes they cost that much)
Stern Shaker - $170 taxes in (comparing apples to apples. Stern shaker - not a knock off)
Powdercoating - $300-$500 depending on what you are getting done and style
Stern Side blades - about $130 taxes in
Stern Side armor - $370 taxes in
Speakers - $??? Depends on what you get but probably at least $100, more likely $150

#19970 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

In any case, point is the LE doesn’t have 6-8k in extra value except for a couple worthless autographs and a real backglass to justify 6-8k US extra in price.

That applies to any LE on the used market, thanks to flippers and gougers. However if you can buy it at retail cost then LE is in fact worth it as they are only 1500$ more expensive.

#19985 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjm:

No longer in Production here’s your chance to get one of the top 10 game

The game is clearly listed in Stern’s “IN PRODUCTION” section.

1 week later
#20024 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

To be fair - Many recent Sterns do sell at a premium to new Stern price, especially if they are sought after. That's why I said $3000. I'm sure a good chunk of change and time was put in for those mods also.

But in the end it's still a pro. Putting $5k of upgrades in a Ford Pinto won't turn it into a Ford Mustang...

1 month later
#20259 1 year ago

That's an absolute joke.
But I guess people put cars in their garage and don't drive them either.

Some folks collect for bragging rights/profit flipping, others collect because they actually love playing the damn things. To each his own.

My problem at home is my wife gets attached to our games but I am out of room. Makes it difficult to agree on what to trade lol.

1 week later
#20342 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

If it has an LCD it's much easier

you lose the contrast and magic with a LCD display. In order to get it bright enough you end up seeing the grey from the LCD backlighting. CRT is best even with the downside of the weight.

Unless you go OLED I guess…

1 week later
#20384 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamied:

Looking for one of the following machines:
-tmnt premium
-the hobbit
-LOTR
-woz
Please let me know what you have and what you are asking
Thanks

I'm selling my LOTR soon but know nothing about shipping.

1 week later
#20478 1 year ago
Quoted from ShineSpark:

Just curious as to what the current retail price is for a NIB Stern LE? I know this doesn't necessarily translate to market price... There's a Godzilla LE (approx 500 plays) up for sale in Montreal for $18.5k and that "feels" pretty high to me but maybe I'm just deluding myself?

Don't believe the hype and do your own research. Prices have been dropping on pretty much all machines. Canadian collectors can't let go of the BS COVID pricing. They can't because many couldn't really afford the games but they used the "it will go up in value" excuse to justify their purchase. They also like to use the "but you'll pay GST if you import" reason for overcharging. Used prices need to be compared without taxes. Apples to apples right?

There are some for sale on marketplace right now - however just like any other marketplace, these are ASKING prices and don't necessarily reflect market value, otherwise they'd sell immediately. They are listed at 15k and up ASKING price. That's about 19k CAD. If you look at the games that actually sold on marketplace, most didn't sell at that price. One did sell at 15k a month ago.

It's up to you to decide if it's overpriced for the market at this time and you just need to be patient. Let the seller sit on his game for a while until he adjusts his price. Or move on to something else. Or pay what he wants!

2 weeks later
#20565 1 year ago
Quoted from chaz009:

It's the last day of August guys! Fall is upon us. Where's the activity? Do you guys not like switching up your lineups? So slow right now....

Used market is softer than it was even just a few months ago. Definitely way softer than a year ago. NIB market keeps getting more expensive. Folks that got in the hobby during COVID thinking it would never cost them anything since they would always make a profit are reluctant to sell for less than they paid, which is pretty insane if you think about it. Expecting used items to be worth more than new is somewhat crazy. While the global situation made it happen for a while it's not sustainable in any reality.

So with the current inflation situation folks have less free cash to throw at updating the lineup would be my guess.

If you want a good laugh at ridiculous asking prices (that don't sell obviously) go check out MAACA or Pinrev.

#20568 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

$4500 Dr Who in Edmonton on Facebook.

$8000 Dr Who in Montreal on Pinrev.

#20570 1 year ago

I sold mine about a year ago during the COVID price craziness for... $5200. New installed cab & head decals, pinblades, REAL moving topper (not the eBay pinduino crap), new MPU, new plastics, new ramps, new pf protector, LEDs throughout. Still took a month to sell. It's a Dr Who, not Shadow or STTNG lol.

Full disclosure: I did keep my Pinsound and ColorDMD.

#20573 1 year ago

OT: Dr Who with Pinsound is such a different (better) game!

My favourite Pinsound mix for it:

#20581 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

Yeah, fair enough. Although the economy I feel like is just on paper.. Looking around, it seems like everything is crazy as ever.

Not really. Crazy asking prices = no movement. No movement at crazy prices = not that crazy!!

1 week later
#20748 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I've bought 3 games shipped also - never an issue or a scuff.

Also bought 3 shipped and while none ever got damaged in transit, all 3 were a disappointment to some extent. They all had had flaws/issues not disclosed or not shown in the pre-purchase pics. I am not likely to do that again. YMMV.

#20767 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

You definitely have to be careful - I only bought from somewhat known PinRev members.

As did I

1 month later
#21060 1 year ago

LOTR for sale in Ottawa. Pics and info on PinRev as well as MAACA. 13k. No shipping. No trades.

#21106 1 year ago

This again ^^^^

About time we go back to pre-pandemic thinking on mods. Most mods add ZERO value for resale. Pinsound, ColorDMD are the exception given the ability to use them on any game. If you want to recoup some of the cost then remove the mods and sell separately.

#21160 1 year ago
Quoted from miniman2020:

See... This is why I'm not sure about this community.
I'm "Patrick"... Aka... Or Buddy some of you are calling.
These are MY pins... in MY basement. All puchased from Jerry at P1 over the years.
And yes... I lost my software job after 17 years working for the same organization...
So I decided to quickly sell some of my machines... What's the big deal ??

Quoted from miniman2020:

I'm here... And love how apparently you're not supposed to trust a guy names Patrick. Really do.
That fact that I worked my ass off... my entire f-ing life to buy my machines... only to appear in a thread to be a scammer is really $hitty.
But... If you all feel better doing... Than by all means... Please continue.
Cheers,
PJ

Sorry to hear about your difficult situation. Hope you got a decent amount for your games.

Not everyone screamed “scam” you know. Just like you didn’t like getting lumped into the “scammer” category, you don’t need to lump all collectors into the “asshole” category.

1 week later
#21255 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

LOTR for sale in Ottawa. Pics and info on PinRev as well as MAACA. 13k. No shipping. No trades.

Bump with a price adjustment to 12k.

1 week later
#21344 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

So... Anyone have any pinball machines for sale?

LOTR as posted earlier in this thread.

#21372 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Rush Le BNIB
For sale $18,000 or trade for:
TWD and $
Medieval Madness Remake
JJP pirates
GZ Premium/LE
possibly other LE’s

Just asked my wife about trading JPLE and the answer was a resounding NO!

Sorry

#21374 1 year ago

Ohhhh Mike are you getting into the music pins now eh!!!!

Nope. Temp traded LOTR for LZ Prem and my wife doesn't really like it much. We enjoy the music of course but the game play is cryptic and lackluster for her. She also finds the game/pf way too bare - "where are the toys?" was the first thing she asked lol.

We do like Rush - my brother has a Pro. However just no where near as much as JP.

I'm also stuck in a situation where I'd only consider trading for a comparable LE with the same Stern accessories: official topper, shooter, IC. Only 500 JPLEs out there so a bit harder to find and it's a killer game. I won't trade down that's for sure. I'll have to wait for Stern to come up with a GZ topper and then maybe I'll revisit the potential trading aspect.

#21402 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

Everyone across the board has hiked prices. Jjp currently selling LEs of gnr for 11k usd.
I mean 2 years ago or just before COVID anyways I bought a Metallica le for 11,500 cad.
I will admit I didn't remember the MSRP of gnr at the time of release nor cared but they have been 11k on the jjp site for quite a while.
Ts4 is too expensive though I won't argue that. But all pinballs are right now. Used and nib. I'm seeing ppl all 8k for stinkers like South park lol

CGC Sells their NIB LEs under $10k. Doubt they will continue that trend on the next release but just saying not all manufacturers are actively trying to gouge customers.

#21408 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Oh and Any pins for sale?!?!

LOTR(mine but not at my house right now) and LZ Prem(not mine but at my house right now) in the Ottawa area.

#21436 1 year ago

On an opposite note, I am lowering my price to $11K for my LOTR. Pics on Pinrev and MAACA.

#21494 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

On an opposite note, I am lowering my price to $11K for my LOTR. Pics on Pinrev and MAACA.

LOTR is sold and gone.

3 weeks later
#21659 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

*steps aside for wave of incoming pin2000 owners looking to finally be able to get rid of them*

I miss mine. RFM with the new 2+ code is pretty damn good. Tons of fun. I sure as hell don’t miss TZ. While it was an amazing game when it came out I find it not that interesting now.

1 month later
#22097 1 year ago

So is charging extra for things that actually came with the game a thing now?

When will we see extra charges for the legs? Coin box? Pinballs?

#22099 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

My JP premium didn't come with Insider Connected but my build wasn't new. I'm assuming he added this to his machine otherwise he wouldn't have listed it separately.

If his JP is really a "new build" then it came with it.

It's the same as if I would sell my JPLE without the shaker, even though it actually came with it.

1 week later
#22175 1 year ago

it is a terrible game, lol. Rules are just dumb and it is one trick pony sort of thing.
To me is just nostalgia. First pin I ever played, that is it. I had one and sold it in 2 months but my collection grew now and I will be ok with having it just to have my brain playing tricks on me and feel I am 11 yr old again, lol
Anyway, shippsy code #oldfak

T2 is fast and good practice for "on the fly" shots. When I owned one I hated the rules (way too simplistic) but liked the speed.

#22187 1 year ago
Quoted from JustAnotherYoyo:

I just picked up a Nascar.
Plays REALLY fast and flowy.
Something you may want to check out if you have not already.

That's OK. My SW Prem fills that need and has pretty deep rules too!

1 week later
#22277 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

For sale, nicest AC/DC Pro on the planet! You won't find a nicer modded Pro, period! If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it! Has every mod under the sun.
- Pinstadium lighting
- Pinwoofer amp & speakers
- real LCD COLODMD
- handpainted canon
- train mod
- lightning bolt mod
- volume control
- speaker lights
- Aurich extremely rare translite
- Tilt topper
- Wizard mod side blades
- etc, etc.
If you want to own the nicest AC/DC Pro around, PM me. This thing should be in a museum. Located in Aurora, Ontario. Will ship across Canada/US in Stern box. Many references available for shipping purposes. Cheers.

Oooohhhhhhh. A pro… wow those things are so rare and hot… Unobtainium shit right here. A truly unique pinball.

Wait… You covered it in 3d printed shit too? OMG take my money!!! Whatever you are asking… It’s not enough!

Just being as obtuse as you.

BTW you missed the pandemic stupidity by about 2 years.

#22314 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

found one !
thanks to @toastmaster04 for going well out of his way to help ...
thanks to all for the leads and tips, greatly appreciated, such a great community!
ROADTRIP !

Slap a Pinsound and ColorDMD in there and it really transforms the game.

#22316 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

have a spare LCD Colordmd ready to go , will just and a subwoofer to the game , will do for my needs!
looking forward to my second STNG it's only one I regretted selling !

The Pinsound makes a bigger impact than the ColorDMD. How often do you really look at the DMD while playing vs you are constantly hearing music/sound effects. But I'm very much into the whole immersion thing and for me the high quality sound really completes it. You can also make interesting changes without detracting from the game experience. Listen to the Patrick Stewart call outs

#22319 1 year ago
Quoted from JordanB:

That makes me want a modern STTNG fully voice acted by the original cast. NOT a Picard themed pin.

It already is even without Pinsound. Not sure what you mean.

I just changed Picard specific call outs to add some swearing. We all know Picard wanted to.

#22322 1 year ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

If anyone is looking for a gorgeous fully restored IJ let me know. I will be letting mine go. I purchased it after it was fully restored maybe 8-10 years ago.
Basically every part and piece including clearcoated playfield, cabinet decals, topper, mods, gun, rails, legs color dmd. Totally done up from top to bottom. I have a large collection so it really hasn't been played that much. I am going to list at $15,900 USD as soon as I get my photos and ad together.

If you're going to list in USD in the Canadian thread might as well go all out and list it at 19,999 USD.

#22337 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

I wish prices on used pins weren't crazy. Personally, I would rather buy a new pin then a used one since prices can be similar.

And if you get the Multimorphic P3, buying new games costs less than $5k CAD

#22343 1 year ago

After you buy the cabinet for the different games for a lot more than $5k CDN.
I love the concept though.

Oh hell yes it's expensive to get started (about the same as a Stern prem). But then as soon as you get a second game you've "saved money". Focus on how much you saved as opposed to how much you've spent.

I went all in. My add-on modules are a few months backlogged though.

#22346 1 year ago

Absolutely it will save money.
How long does it take to change from one module to the next?
The space saving is the other biggie. I don't have a huge space, so I have room for one... mayyyybe 2 machines.

You need access from the side (either side). It takes about 30-60 seconds. Easier with a small stool by the game, especially with the heavier modules like Weird Al or Heist..

It's only 3 connections on most games. There's an extra connector for modules with monitors (LL-EE and CL). 2 X Molex, 1 X USB, and 1 X network cable (only on modules with an additional monitor).

#22351 1 year ago
Quoted from luch:

seems longer than 30-60 seconds , after everything looks like 20 -30 minutes , re video

Dude. Kevin is dumbing everything down and taking his time because he is making a video. I own a P3. It takes longer to pull the glass and find a safe place to put it than it does to remove the module and install another one.

You can add another 30 seconds to weird al to remove the crossover wireform. 1 thumbscrew. No tools.

#22354 1 year ago

How are you liking this system Mike?

So far so good. Few minor glitches like most NIB that I've had but everything is working great. Need more modules!

you'll have to come over to see it. I'll wait til my Drained module shows up in a few weeks and then I'll invite you over!

#22377 1 year ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

What game is easy to move in Canada these days?

Appropriately priced ones!

#22407 1 year ago
Quoted from Hershy:

What does it matter if the games he sells are in Canada?

This is a Canadian games for sale thread. The title of the thread should make it obvious. Games that are not already in Canada cost way more in shipping and then you have to add brokerage and taxes. Not the same. It’s WHY we have our own thread. Otherwise just go shopping in the Pinside marketplace.

#22415 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

AIQ pro for sale. 600 plays. Perfect in every way. Shaker motor, Stern art blades, Mezel mods Tower and Sanctum. $10,000 firm.
Waterloo, Ontario.

Quoted from transprtr4u:

Lol .... thanks for posting location !

AND a PRICE!!

Leading by example. Love it.

#22476 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Weird how it works. No one wanted it when it came out, now everyone has to have one.
Sounds like something out of a George Orwell novel!

Meh. Had an LE NIB but we just couldn’t get into it. That was with good code (1.5 years after release). Can’t explain it. Out it went.

2 weeks later
#22546 1 year ago

looks fun, super nice layout but doubt it will get to GZ's behemoth status as you still have to listen to them non-stop even if the layout is good.

You have to listen to the same music over and over again on ANY pin regardless of theme or whether they are band based or not. Are you fed up with your GZ music yet?

#22560 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Are there any LOTRs for sale under $10K?

Not since a few years. Sold mine around 11.5k a few months ago.

With some prices going down who knows? It might happen.

4 weeks later
#22734 11 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Prefer local pickup,

Care to provide your location?

1 week later
#22842 11 months ago

Holy shit! Le’s are over 20k now? Gross

Meh. A bunch in marketplace actually NIB and less than this asking price. Although you’d have to add taxes if crossing the border.

#22854 11 months ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

You gotta be careful I buy a lot out of US but again $3,500 US purchase turns into $6,000 US Canadian after brokerage, shipping, exchange, and GST. People always say ya I can get out of the US for less but don’t take into account what the actual costs are.

I was just commenting for the peanut gallery. I am well aware of the costs and wouldn’t order a used game from the US. However I’ve gone all in with Multimorphic P3 and we don’t have a Cdn distro. I get the ass reaming every few weeks when I receive a new module although not as bad as it could be.

The worst was the storage cabinets for the modules. 600$USD in wood parts, 270$USD shipping, and then 375$CAD of brokerage/taxes.

#22861 11 months ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I would love to try out P3 in person, maybe one day.

Hey if you are in Ottawa let me know!

#22862 11 months ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Same here. Would love to play Heist for an evening.

Heist is sofa king good. I mean really good. I have all games and Heist is my fave. Wife hates it and finds it too hard. She really likes Weird Al but she’s a super fan anyway.

Have a feeling Final Resistance might push Heist to second place. We’ll see..

1 week later
#22948 11 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Why are owners ditching these games?

Likely 1 of 2 probable reasons.
- they bought it to flip it for a profit
- they realize the game isn’t as good as they thought it would be and want to get rid of it asap before value drops

I haven’t played SD so I don’t how good the game is but I haven’t heard glowing reviews.

Of course most will state that they just ran out of room, have new games coming in, blah blah blah. As if they didn’t know they ordered this game somehow.

1 week later
#23046 10 months ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Sold my Premium for 14k usd and had a lineup of buyers 8 months ago. Not bragging by any means but I think the price is more than fair.
It will never get vaulted. They don’t have the license and if they ever do it would not be the premium.
I only sold it because I found an LE for “market value”.
Rare game, best one in my collection by a long shot.
Price is insane but fair; like it or not.
GLWS

Sold my LE for 14.5k CAD lol and that was including all the Stern accessories - topper, shooter, UV kit. It was before pinheads finally decided it was a good game obviously. I liked it but my wife never liked the flow/game play so that’s why it had to go. No regrets though. It’s not always about money and making a buck. It wasn’t a good fit for our game room but I can see the appeal

#23082 10 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I dunno... I often wonder how many ppl have been seriously injured or ceased to be because they were moving a STTNG. Lol.

There are a few that are heavier. Woz is one. Ruined my hardwood floor getting that beast in.

MM P3 is just about the heaviest modern game out there. It's funny to read about folks trying to set it up but they can't even lift the back to put the legs on.

#23085 10 months ago

Yeah I’ve owned one. But the fact that the head and cab separate completely for transport makes it manageable.

#23089 10 months ago
Quoted from BMGfan:

Tranquilize had this rad electric jack/appliance truck when I picked up #PM from him. The jack part was pretty slow, but he moved it up the stairs completely on his own!
I want to know more about it because Google isn't helpful (or at least I'm not using the right search terms).
Right now my games are on the main floor, but I know one day they'll be in a basement I'm sure.....

What northerndude said. Check out Escalera model RLA-EW. I have that. It’s amazeballs!

#23102 10 months ago

What I really like about the Escalera is the forklift attachment. I use that more than the stair climbing feature.

#23106 10 months ago
Quoted from GoodManners:

It doesn't matter which brand - they are a game changer.

^^^^^^^^^^^ THAT

2 weeks later
#23189 10 months ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I saw that! That is way too much! I can buy one in Michigan and pay $2500 less even with the exchange and tax. That’s not including shipping or gas I would save.

Yeah that's about 2.5-3k above market value for Stern Pros.

#23205 10 months ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Apparently not, she sold! It blows my mind as well Mike.

It is what it is. Sometimes a seller can find a desperate or uninformed buyer!

#23207 10 months ago

Sold may or may not mean sold for that price.

Yeah that too.

#23218 10 months ago

Owners will tell you that STH is the rarest of the modern Sterns, and that a pro is worth the cost of a premium.
Non-owners who have no skin in the game, and nothing to lose or gain will tell you exactly what it is... A moderately fun game that despite being one of the biggest television IPs, sold so poorly that Stern just stopped making them (hence the rarity).
I'm a huge Brian Eddy fan (own both MM and AFM) and although this game is essentially the same layout, I would never trade either of my games for it, not even the LE!
To each their own, but if we're being fair, the overhyping is clearly coming from the owners.

I owned an LE(NIB) for about 5-6 months. I didn’t find it that good. Some of the layout was a bit too clunky although I thought the IP integration was very well done.

While my wife and I were fans of the series we just didn’t like the game all that much.

Doesn’t mean it’s bad, just not our thing. We have Spike 2s, WPC, CGC, JJP, and MM P3. Not sure why we just didn’t connect.

Meanwhile I’ve been thinking of trading our JPLE (bought new in 2019) and she won’t let me. It’s our most exciting game according to her. So it’s not a hate for modern games.

2 weeks later
#23307 9 months ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Geeeze, Killer deal!!

Yep. I would love to jump on this as even with shipping it's a great deal. However I have CCr coming in the next few weeks as well as Final Resistance probably in Aug. Lots of $$ going out not enough coming in!. Oh and I'm out of space. lol.

#23314 9 months ago

Any good places to play pinball in Winnipeg?

Forks

#23316 9 months ago

Do you happen to know how many games? And, does the place have a name?

Phantom Amusements.

Theforks.com

They have about a dozen pins

1 week later
#23344 9 months ago

Have a JPLE w/Stern topper & shooter that I bought new in 2019 that I'd consider trading for a GZLE with same add-ons. Can get into details about accessories/mods that I added but can remove if someone is serious. Not selling so don't ask.

NO shipping. This trade needs to be in person obviously given the value of the games.

PM me if you have a GZLE and are interested

1 week later
#23391 8 months ago

Would consider trading my JPLE w/ Stern shooter&topper, TREX skin, other mods. Looking at sold(not asking prices) prices in marketplace for value reference. I bought JPLE NIB in Oct 2019. Trades I am interested in:

Rush LE with Stern topper and shooter. Pinside pricing makes this one kind of difficult(low value on Rush).
GZLE with Stern topper/shooter +equivalent mods to JP
FFLE NIB. This trade would result in me removing all mods + Stern accessories from JP. Bare game for bare game.
BM66 LE with Stern topper
Ghostbusters LE w/Stern topper

Not all these would be straight trades. Look at marketplace values for an idea. Not interested in anything else at this time nor trading for cash. No shipping. This needs to be an “in-person” trade. Details and pics will be shared with folks who have a serious offer to discuss.

1 week later
#23440 8 months ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Any chance of anyone selling a P3 multi unit?

No but you can come check it out if you're in Ottawa

#23454 8 months ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Anyone know the story about the LZ Pro for 5k on Kijiji? I’d buy that immediately if I knew it was legit.

Funny. At 5K I wouldn’t. Couldn’t get a LZ Prem out of my house fast enough and it wasn’t even mine.

#23468 8 months ago

Sorry!

It is as of now the game we’ve liked the least to play for whatever reason.

3 weeks later
#23583 7 months ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Any playfields laying around that would be worthy of hanging on a wall?
I have a perfect spot for one in my game room and would like to buy one. I'm okay with a playfield that is used.

Like this?

I could let the Dr Who go but JP is an NOS PF. Only issue with Dr Who is that big cutout for the second pf. Looks a little weird on a wall.

#23585 7 months ago
Quoted from Smack:

I've seen lights hooked up before but never a "meow" call out. Nice touch!

Damn cats are never quiet lol

#23587 7 months ago
Quoted from roar:

I want to grab that Dr. Who from you for a future guitar project! I need to move up my time line on a trip to Ottawa!

Yep

1 week later
#23616 7 months ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Anyone have a Multimorphic/Weird Al for sale/trade?

You will likely need to look south of the border. So few of them in Canada.

2 weeks later
#23712 6 months ago
Quoted from koji:

I suppose it's worth owning when you want to be exclusive, and not annoyed when there are more runs of STh.

Now THAT was funny. I’ve been reading that thread too LMAO.

#23724 6 months ago

my post about one of my games, has been deleted from this thread and I received a pinside moderation for it. Looks like Pinside is looking for money.
anybody else experiencing this?

Yes. Normal.

If you want to use Pinside to sell your games you post in the classifieds(and pay the marketplace fees). Or if you don’t want to pay fees then just post that you have games for sale on MAACA or PinRev and leave it at that.

Pinside marketplace fees are not secret and it’s not a scam. It’s what funds the site.

#23727 6 months ago

sorry you misunderstood, I have used the marketplace before when selling to the US. We have been posting games here now years, why was only my post attacked or are all other posts now being removed as well?

They're likely just being a bit more thorough about enforcing the rules that have been there forever. I really doubt they're just picking specifically on you. Maybe related to the number of posts certain members make in this thread too. Who knows. I ain't a moderator nor would I want to be one lol.

#23729 6 months ago

for them to be cracking down on the tiny Canadian market place, they must be really hurting on their side. Whatever all good!
thanks

There are a lot of posts removed if you look at the post numbers of the last few pages. You're just the only one that complained about it

It's not about the size of the market but about making the rules the same for every member of this forum, which seems fair. No?

You have identified yourself as the owner of a pinball biz - you may get more scrutiny. I also noticed you sold some games (like AFMr) where you thank the buyer, the buyer thanks you etc. Buyer was in the U.S. Did you sell through marketplace? If not then this might be why you were targeted?

I don't see the big deal about them enforcing what everybody knows. Guys can throw 15k at a toy without blinking an eye but balk when they have to pay a few hundred in fees to the place that enabled the sale of their game.

I would think that as long as you don't post prices/details and do not use Pinside PM system to enable the deal you should be ok. As I mentioned just state you have games for sale (title) on xxx website/forum. No price or deetz.

#23731 6 months ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Interesting that they didn't delete John's Jukes post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/474#post-7793846
Doesn't seem to be an oversight either as they left it on the PNW for sale topic too. No way he has all these on Pinside Market... Wonder why they get a free pass?
Yes,my post with AFM amd Wonka CE was moderated as well.

Not sure why either but maybe it’s because they don’t actually sell through Pinside, only through their own website? They post no prices and mention to go to the web site for info/purchase.

#23742 6 months ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

What are the fees (roughly) if you sell a game on pinside?
Rob

5$-70$, depending on the price range the machine is in. Less if you are a verified or pro member.
See table:
https://pinside.com/pinball/help/about-pinside-pricing#showgamepricetier

1 week later
#23803 6 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Joking aside, what game is she looking for? TSPP is amazing, obviously Dan is great to deal with. And I guess Josh is ok too, lol

I’m guessing Labyrinth….

#23805 6 months ago
Quoted from pingod:

Yep, she wants the Labyrinth.
Her favourite movie.

Yep. I have a wife too. We are getting Labyrinth too lol.

1 week later
#23850 5 months ago

I've used FEDEX Freight before and again using them this week. I go through an export broker to arrange it all. As has been stated above it's covered in this thread.

The reason I use FEDEX instead of cheaper carriers is the speed it gets to me (less handling - less damage risk) and I'm more comfortable with insurance claims against FEDEX than I would be against a bunch of different carriers that passed along my shipment. Pretty difficult to figure out who did the damage then.

Fedex Freight also does residential delivery without issues (lift gate).

#23856 5 months ago

This has to be the best option.

You still need a broker to do up the export paperwork, unless it's a low value that you can clear yourself.

1 month later
#24104 4 months ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:What is a Star Trek LE going for these days? I'm usually more of a pro guy but that is such a great LE

ST Pros sell under 7k(sold mine less than a year ago). Prems around 9k. LEs don’t come up often so it’s up to you to decide if the price is worth it.

3 weeks later
#24227 3 months ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Nitro Pinball is extremely proud to announce its arrival in Quebec to serve pinheads in Eastern Canada. Sales and support will be handled by long-time pinball collector and enthusiast Phillipe Larouche. We are delighted to welcome Phil to the Nitro family, and we are excited to now be able to bring our passion across Canada with some of the most impressive new titles from Stern, JJP, American, Spooky, Dutch, Haggis, CGC and Barrels of Fun!
We'll be hosting contests and drawing prizes among our pinball community later this month. Stay tuned……

I guess this means no circumventing the PST in QC anymore

1 week later
#24267 3 months ago
Quoted from Nintegageo:

I've never been booted when I have asked to trade.
Oh and I remain seeking an NGG. Located in Ottawa.

I got booted and just regained access today. You don't need a price to get booted, just listing game titles that should be worth more than $3k will get you in trouble. I had listed no prices. Just said I'd have a few games up for sale soon. I am not listing the titles anymore because I'll end up in the penalty box again.

Once I am ready to sell on the weekend I will make up a Pinside ad. Just need to take pics and such.

#24270 3 months ago
Quoted from Roberto_tron:

So how vague could we get before being booted. Like if I said I have three games and one of them I wish to trade, which of these games is up for trade is for you to inquire about. Would that be a kick worthy post? Please don’t kick me.

To get booted I stated the 2 titles that I was going to put up for sale. The post was something like this:

"Will be putting up GAME A and GAME B for sale over the weekend. No shipping".

The games are more than $3k so even if no price was listed I got booted.

I don't believe you could get booted if you are only trading but I could be wrong...

#24325 3 months ago

Ok so now I can post these 2 and not get banned again.

WOZ ECLE - 13500CAD
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/171206

CCrLE - 13000CAD
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/171205

No trades - I need space.

#24358 87 days ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Can't go wrong with a Star Trek pro for about 7k+

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This

#24408 82 days ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

When we stopped being able to talk about selling pinball machines in it.

Nice one

1 week later
#24442 71 days ago
Quoted from Nintegageo:

Oh my god, FU*K Day & Ross. Took Fri off, they rescheduled to Mon (without contacting me, so waited at home all day), and guess who just got off the phone being told the same guy wasn't coming this evening.

Yeah I usually pick up myself from their terminal.

#24444 71 days ago
Quoted from Nintegageo:

MrMikeman this is to be sent to the depot. Am downtown so no vehicle, thus paying them extra to come get it. Just ranting cause am super pissed, don't mind me

It's all good (but not, I get it). Didn't realize it was a pickup as opposed to a drop off. Sucks

1 month later
#24581 36 days ago

I'm thinking multimorphic (P3) for the ability to buy modules... but want to play one first

Bit of a drive for you but I'll be bringing my P3 to the Quebec City show (end May). I also have all modules and games. Multimorphic is also lending me a sample Princess Bride module for the show.

#24584 36 days ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm not a buyer atm but roughly how much is the base unit and each module? I've never laid eyes on a P3

Easier for you to just check the Multimorphic.com website. Different prices on the modules depending on which one. Newer ones (Weird Al, Final Resistance) are all around the $3500 range. Princess bride is 3750$USD (just the module). Older modules are less. Base cab is around $8300USD but you have to add at least 1 module.

#24587 36 days ago
Quoted from ExportZ:

Wow nice! I will definitely go play and talk with you about your experience with a P3.

See you there!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrMikeman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell?tu=MrMikeman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.