(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,844 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 minutes ago by pingod
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hobbypinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 10 years ago

Check pinballowners.com as well

#41 10 years ago

Well seeing as how there is a Canada thread - am looking for a Family Guy or Magneto LE

3 weeks later
#141 10 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Very nice games Al,I've seen and played these games.
They are in very nice condition

Totally agree on that - think anyone who's seen or played Al's games would agree for sure.

#149 10 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Don't feel bad, Edmonton has slim pickings as well. I've noticed that any time something decent pops up here, it's gone within a day. Not much time to decide whether you're interested!

I could be imagining things, but "seems" things have slowed at least a little bit in the last little while - in a good way. Last summer it was a matter of hours. We're at least down to days now.

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from eh97ac:

10% exchange rate + 13% duty + 5000Kms = ouch

Duty or tax. Didn't think there was duty.

Anyway at a cost between 200 and 500 bucks to deliver a game from the states to a a place that will hold it for you right across the border you'd have to pick up at least 3 games to make the drive and accommodations worth it. Unless you were planning on going anyway. That doesn't factor in that you might find a couple serious good deals while there but honestly probably better looking for sweet deals here and shipping to a holding location and making ashorter cross border trip to pick it up . Maybe not?

1 week later
#173 10 years ago

Ok - didn't want to interfere with Misfit's sale. Now that its done I have one game too many so WOZ ECLE #599 is at the top of the list to go. As mint as mint can be without being NIB.

1 month later
#253 10 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

HUO FG,restored FT with HSA restored playfield.
Pictures on kijiji Calgary,games are not mine.

Add in a pretty nice Rocky and Bullwinkle as well. Prefer actual sale but as goal is to decrease number of pins would trade a couple (FG/FT or R&B/FT) for one other A list game.

#277 9 years ago

Who's bought NIB since the exchange rate change - what was the damage from say a year ago? Anyone? Same for import games - anyone experiencing pain yet?

#306 9 years ago

Anyone looking to trade (+cash transaction depending on trim and game) a Transformers, Tron, or x-men for a classic collector quality FT, drop me a line.

2 weeks later
#348 9 years ago

CQ FT - would still like to make some room. Cab restored with new decals, HSA playfield restored, custom powder, and LED'd throughout, all boards, and mechs gone through. All with zero issues. This pinball is better than new and needs nothing. Will last a long long time. Will work with someone to ship - key there being "work with".

The 2 last pics are "before" pics. NOT what it looks like now. Just throwing in for comparison what you might find if you're after an unrestored sample.

P3020216.JPGP3020216.JPG
image3.jpegimage3.jpeg
image7.jpegimage7.jpeg

P4230632.JPGP4230632.JPG
IMG_0741.JPGIMG_0741.JPG
IMG_0743.JPGIMG_0743.JPG

#350 9 years ago

Cool!
Just realized - 99% sure the playfield in HSA's gallery is mine.

http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/hsa136.html#grid

http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/hsa136.html#7

as compared to my pic

IMG_1084.JPGIMG_1084.JPG
#379 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

James is a good guy, I got my White Water and spiderman from him. I played the TOTAN, its really nice but the coated rails/legs are notmy thing in that color.

James is a stand up guy for sure.

#409 9 years ago

Isn't email interac instant. Meaning as soon as you accept and tell it into which account it's 100% there. You can't initiate a transfer to someone if the funds aren't in your account..... I don't think. All that aside. I'd be checking on rep as we'll.

#412 9 years ago

No. Once he hits the send he'd have to go through the bank to get it back if it's even possible. I don't think it is. The money has officially left his account and it shows up in yours right away. Pay pal brokers transactions. They play the trusted third party. With interac it's direct from one bank to another. One account to another.

2 weeks later
#481 9 years ago

Kinda sounds to me like the transaction is safe. The weakness is as always tied to some type of identity fraud.

Quoted from Spencer:

Now, if you want more info, Google it!
Lets get back to keeping this related to buying and selling pinball machines.
I recently sold my White Water and brought in a modded Transformers LE combo. Really liking the game so far!
-Spencer

Ok - I googled it and didn't find any thing. Found this though

https://www.interac.ca/en/interac-etransfer/etransfer-detail

So if someone poses as someone else and has stolen ALL their banking information (not just their account information but all their info to access their accounts via a computer - account numbers wouldnt be enough) and sends to the recipient......well I guess the onus is on the recipient to ensure who they actually receive the transaction from matches with the person who SHOULD be sending it then I can't see any other way this could be compromised.

1 week later
#526 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

yeah i feel the same.what i put into a machine is not what i expect to get out of it. life would be great if this was the case. when i hear i put x amount into a machine i move on because invariably some think the potential buyer should pony up for their poor purchasing decision.

Anyone is free to ask what they want including asking what they have into it. Particularly if its still in like new condition just as you're free to buy what you want at what price you want. No one will slam you for being a tight ass with limited funds or poor. That would be rude. Just as we wouldn't slam anyone else for asking too much.

Define too much though. I think the specific example of people paying thousands of dollars for ball point pens is in another thread on this forum.

5000 for a very well routed and worn data east star wars we could all smirk at. 4 to 6000 for a nice HUO or restored B game - I fail to see why this is so unreasonable when they rival any NIB Stern pro that will cost you over $5000 to get into your basement. zero - if you're not desperate for cash then I say stick to your price.

But we all know what they say about opinions................

2 weeks later
#634 9 years ago

Jeez guy steps out for holidays and the scene goes to shizzle. Anyway back next week and I'm wanting to clear out and refresh. Have gotten lots of sporadic messages on a few games but to summarize:

CQ fish tales
HUO family guy - for real HUO
HUO WOZECLE
And ya even CFTBL

Pics and details next week. Not really looking for trades. Want to get my numbers down. Need the room and a second hobby.

#662 9 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

Jeez guy steps out for holidays and the scene goes to shizzle. Anyway back next week and I'm wanting to clear out and refresh. Have gotten lots of sporadic messages on a few games but to summarize:
CQ Fish Tales
HUO Family Guy - for real HUO
HUO WOZECLE
And ya even CFTBL
Pics and details next week. Not really looking for trades. Want to get my numbers down. Need the room and a second hobby.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9r2reng8cqocn4w/AADxAfVScq7EedL8CXVtGBa8a

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xumv71b1r9fl372/AAALw5FDof_v_h8h61SDwGXOa

#685 9 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

, I'm out of room.

Ya never again. Too many games in a cramped place and I found myself avoiding the playroom. When you gotta shuffle 1 or 2 pins to lift the glass on another..........lesson learned.

1 month later
#856 9 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Much thanks to Hobbypinball! The location players will love the pin. Great packing job as well and great communication. Awesome seller, would deal with again in a heart beat!
WoZLE

Enjoy it!

Still have a way nice Fish Tales. Not interested in opinions on price as invisiglass and color DMD = $$$$. Can sell without those though and would still be very nice FT.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/calgary/cq-completely-restored-fish-tales-pinball/1014806316?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

And maybe a R&B. Considerably above average condition. Black cabinet instead of the blue. New Hat Trick lion, BOMB targets, SAVED drop targets, new WABAC ramp and ramp protectors, mirror blades, LED's throughout. Nell Log and everything else works. Will take some pics for a serious buyer.

2 weeks later
#894 9 years ago

A very nice R&B.

Fully shopped, Full LED's, rubbers, good cleaning, etc
Mirror blades
new shooter button (with Boris) and housing
Moose topper
brand new Lion Hat Trick
Plastic protectors
new Wabac ramp
Ramp protectors
new B-O-M-B and S-A-V-E-D targets.

Everything works including Nell log
All in very nice condition.

pics at the link
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6of6w13s3k3nfis/AABXWHAg9fFSdwJqZkDxendEa?dl=0

2 weeks later
#911 9 years ago

Bump on Rocky and Bullwinkle

2 weeks later
#969 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

All of the sudden an unbelievable buyers market has opened in Alberta. Hard to believe that one has to take such a loss to move a game now, must be all the new stuff on the way.

Well to be fair - things were too much the other way about 18 months ago. Games would be snatched up in a matter of minutes. Pendulum has gone back over the other way. Hopefully comes back to middle ground. There just no longer a sense of urgency that there used to be.

1 week later
#1040 9 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Shit would sell if there was stuff worth buying at a fair price.

The bubble - she be burst. At least on used games. Still there for A list games, but even there just not where it was a couple years ago. Or whatever and i'm an idiot - but something certainly has changed.

Zero offense to Twilight1 - STTNG will sit there for a while at 6. At least if will in Calgary. 2 years ago - you might have had a bidding war.

#1050 9 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

No offence taken and ya I bought it in the boom. And It's still a awesome game. Won't be sorry if it don't sell may be if it does. But can't get a different game unless I sell one.

Hey - if you're in no rush - leave it at that price. I'm not gonna price police anyone - just making general observations that the market has slowed. Hope you sell it regardless.

#1051 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I agree, prices have dropped a lot in the last few months. I cant believe someone hasn't picked up your FishTales yet. That said, I have excellent offers on a couple of my A list games, just not sure I want to part with them.

I'm actually enjoying being down to two pins. Been playing FT more than I have for a while. Put regular flippers on it instead of lightning and is alot more enjoyable. You know cause I'm such an awesome player and all.

4 weeks later
#1229 9 years ago

Who's got a nice Flintstones in Calgary?

1 week later
#1312 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I don't think so with this one. I think it will be a massive winner and hoarded.
I betting across the board, unanimously, this will be considered the single greatest machine ever made.

Thats a brave bet. Same has been said about many games in the past. For this hobby, my own personal road has led me to believe patience is a better bet than trying to be psychic on whats going to be a good pin and what is not.

1 month later
#1542 9 years ago

I could be totally incorrect in my assumptions and assessment, but I'd guess they will never stop manufacturing MMr as long is there is any type of demand. Meaning - I don't see the rush to pay the 2000 premium on the dollar for one of these. unlike the new age LE/Premium/Pro/Standard. MMr trim levels are just cosmetic. You could take a standard and make it better than an LE down the road if you really wanted to.

Further - if its a successful venture then the repro's will keep coming. That just means that unless you're an absolute purist that has to have an "original" there will be lots of great games coming into the market. If its a flop then MMr will be a one off - but if its a flop do you really want to have anything to do with it??

But if I really had a crystal ball.......i'd be sitting on a beach somewhere with a couple hundred pins sitting in my games room.

#1546 9 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

They will do a run of say 250 then again and again until the demand is met.

thats what I mean by they'll keep making them. Not that they're going to fire of the line to complete one MMr. But if there is demand, there is nothing in the way of them making continual limited runs.

2 weeks later
#1628 9 years ago

SML is the only seller I would not hesitate to trash outright in every capacity possible, have it be 100% true and accurate, and in no way feel bad about having said it. They are the worst of the worst as far as pinball goes. But I sugar coat it - ask me how I really feel.

4 months later
#2476 8 years ago

FT ready to go. PM if interested. As it can't be compared to a standard FT, I'm not looking for standard FT offers/prices. Can ship via sameday to one of their depots close to recipient.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9r2reng8cqocn4w/AADxAfVScq7EedL8CXVtGBa8a?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eff5ohup055plzl/AAChQ_iCmprE3FTBN67il4t-a?dl=0

#2478 8 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

That sure is a nice FT

Why thank you Ya i've hummed and haw'd enough - time to let it go.

#2499 8 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

FT ready to go. PM if interested. As it can't be compared to a standard FT, I'm not looking for standard FT offers/prices. Can ship via sameday to one of their depots close to recipient.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9r2reng8cqocn4w/AADxAfVScq7EedL8CXVtGBa8a?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eff5ohup055plzl/AAChQ_iCmprE3FTBN67il4t-a?dl=0

On hold pending closure of the deal. Thanks for all the interest everyone!

#2524 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Okay, I'll give you that. But I'd say 24-48 hours tops for a "fair deal".

Still not even sure about that. Take for example here in Calgary. If there are enough of a title locally - everyone that got one wanted one, then they are a tough sell on Kijiji (WOZ was a good example here. Think there were somewhere between 12 and 16 that were all bought and within 4 hours drive of each other) Thats a saturated market for that title. So you then need to rely on sites like this - and even then, lots are reluctant to ship either recipient or sender.

1 week later
#2571 8 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

About four years ago our local "retailer" (SML) told me that a ST:TNG they had would be $10,000.00 because "that is just how much they go for". I went to their show room and they also had a decent Black Hole for only $4500.00.....
Some retailers exist to rip off the ignorant, they don't get my business even if it is for a box of bulbs.

I voted up someone to get this thread back on track (who's got something for sale) - but I can't pass up an opportunity to echo how .........i don't even know the word to describe SML. I do this for any new comers in AB that are looking to purchase their first pin. DON'T purchase it from SML what ever you do. Don't even buy a NIB from them. Don't support these guys in any way for parts either. There are better alternatives for all that locally. They just don't contribute to creating a local healthy market for new/used pins or for parts.

10 months later
#4650 7 years ago

Gauging interest on possible trades. Not looking for projects. Newer titles from stern and maybe the odd B title from bally/williams. This is a professionally done cabinet and system. Some of the upgrades are dedicated controls for games like Tron (flight stick and spinner). Also dual spinners for 2 player driver games. stick shooter for robotron etc. Lighted controls depending on the game you're playing. Original owner, in its original home. Has been lots of fun with the kids (4 player TMNT anyone?), but find myself playing more and more alone, and would prefer moving back to a pin for that.

IMG_4509_(resized).JPGIMG_4509_(resized).JPG

IMG_4511_(resized).JPGIMG_4511_(resized).JPG

IMG_4512_(resized).JPGIMG_4512_(resized).JPG

IMG_4515_(resized).JPGIMG_4515_(resized).JPG

IMG_4519_(resized).JPGIMG_4519_(resized).JPG

IMG_4518_(resized).JPGIMG_4518_(resized).JPG

IMG_4521_(resized).JPGIMG_4521_(resized).JPG

IMG_4524_(resized).JPGIMG_4524_(resized).JPG

IMG_4510_(resized).JPGIMG_4510_(resized).JPG

2 years later
#11067 5 years ago
Quoted from RumRunner9:

MMr sold and off to a great home

Not breaking any high scores.........yet. Having lots of fun though!

1 month later
#11307 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

off topic, but do you gents pallet the game at the depot? Or do you have some sort of low trailer that you can get the palleted game on ?

If you've got a "real" vehicle (aka minivan ). You can wrap it up in cardboard, strap it to the pallet and tilt them both into the back of the van, then flip it back out and good to go.

4 months later
#12186 4 years ago

Not against anyone but big pet peeve of mine is fs ads where seller states they don’t want to sell the game. I get that it might be a strategy or maybe life has forced you to sell but still...

All these adds are really saying is that - if you're a really bad buyer, are desperate, and are ok with me dictating the price then here it is - bend over and it's yours. I remember many years ago a neighbor having his house for sale for 10 years......seriously. Wasn't through a realtor or anything. He just had his sign out there and was "waiting" for someone to pay his dream price............never happened though.

Some people just really are bad buyers though and you might actually get lucky and hook one.

1 year later
3 months later
#16295 3 years ago

sooo 80 posts later .................................. Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

#16345 3 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

anyone played CFTBL ? how's the game?
is TSPP better?
i own these machine and would like to add something else.
-getaway
-roadshow
-dirty harry
-TFTC

Are you a deep player or a shallow player - and i'm not insulting either. As noted - CFTBL is much shallower. I had one and loved it. I personally don't like TSPP.

1 month later
#16788 2 years ago

Nitro still has a couple nib aiq pros in stock. With our dollar lately nib prices are starting to look decent again.

Do they drop prices on in stock with dollar changing? I though if it was something they had in stock the price would reflect their initial cost. That could be better or worse than current.

2 months later
#17430 2 years ago

i'm grumpy today - can we avoid another debate on pricing?!?!?!?! pretty please?!?!?!?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hobbypinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell?tu=Hobbypinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.