(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Geteos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10499 5 years ago

Looking for my first pin. Ideally I’m looking for a Tron Pro but I’d also consider Getaway:High Speed 2, TSPP, SMB or Deadpool. My budget for the Sterns are 7-8k depending on the pin.

I might also consider other movie themed pins under 4k.

I’m in Toronto. Thanks!

#10501 5 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Way to jump right in! Hope ya find what your looking for!

Thanks! I’ve wanted a pin for a long time, I loved playing them growing up in the 90s now I finally have the space and funds for one!

1 month later
#10742 5 years ago

Anyone have a Getaway:HS2 for sale?

I have a lead on one in the US, but factoring in shipping I'm looking at around $4500CDN with the exchange rate to get it to Toronto.

Want to see if there's any in Canada available right now. LMK.

#10748 5 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Don't forget the sales tax as well

Yea for sure. I'm at $4100CDN before taxes right now.

When you import, do you claim the price with inter US shipping? Or just the pin itself?

Figured I would print out the ad showing $2700USD to use as my "receipt". RBC only lets me send $2500 per day, so my bank statements won't reflect the price correctly. Thoughts?

#10757 5 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinballer:

I have had a pin shipped to a depot in the USA and then I traveled to pick up. Returning to Canada the customs officer informed me that all goods and services paid for in the USA for the item and delivery are taxable and forced me to pay tax on everything.

Yea I had the same happen to me 10 years ago when I bought a bicycle in the US. I had the bike shipped overnight to my hotel and when I went to pay the taxes at the Detroit border they taxed me on the shipping charge saying its Goods and SERVICES tax...

Was wondering what everyone else's experiences were like, it seems like it's highly dependent on the agent.

#10758 5 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

The shipping cost is not part of the value. 4500 in your house isn’t a terrible price if it’s in great shape although I imagine you could find one easy enough in Canada.

I've been looking for about a month now and no dice.

I'm not sure if that's a long time to be looking for a pin in this hobby though, haha. I've only been in it since the beginning of Feb.

#10769 5 years ago

A SMB showed up on Kijiji in Toronto which is another game on my want list, but he’s asking $4K, which feels a bit high for a Gottlieb, it’ll also wipe out my pinball funds for a few months. Decisions!

#10771 5 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I saw that one too. It’s not immaculate, but it’s pretty clean. It has the usual gottlieb hole wear, but the playfield art is in good shape, which isn’t always the case with these.
Most people say it’s too easy of a pin, but I quite enjoy mine. I wouldn’t/didn’t pay $4000 for mine though. Usually people ask a fair bit for this pin based on theme alone, so it can sometimes fall out of the usually gottlieb price norm.
One nice thing about gottliebs is they are pretty bulletproof pins.

What do you think a fair price would be for a SMB? Like 3k?

#10778 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I paid $80 duty just for one colordmd to Ontario in May 2018. Its almost a random thing

That sucks, I just ordered $180 worth of leds from comet and didn’t pay any taxes or duties. The box was tiny though so it probably didn’t warrant a second glance.

#10783 5 years ago

Great! I just sent him a message if he’s willing to ship to Toronto if I arrange it. Anyone local that would be willing to check it out for me to make sure it’s not a scam?

#10787 5 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Another one was posted for $3,500 in Toronto area. Wonder if it was that cheaper one but now posted at a higher price.

Looks kinda sketchy too, only one pic of the back glass. Private seller, only ad on Kijiji, less than one day active.

What's the deal with this game and scams?

I messaged him for some more pics of the machine. Don't want to go somewhere with $3500 cash and get shanked.

#10790 5 years ago

Yea, that's me! This is getting ridiculous! The Calgary guy sent me pics of a machine with a UK plug, when questioned he said he changed the plug... The pics he used were clearly not taken by him. I blocked and deleted him. I bet it's the same person running the scam, just post in multiple cities and hope for a deposit.

When I bought my house last year, someone took the MLS pictures and posted a kijiji ad saying my house was for rent for $1600/month (which if you know rental prices in Toronto, is impossible for a whole house).. I then had several days of people wandering around my property saying they had paid one months rent to a guy online. I ended up having to post a sign on my door telling people to contact Toronto Police cause they were scammed.

Crazy world!

#10796 5 years ago
Quoted from luch:

is this the same game back at a new price ?https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/city-of-toronto/getaway-high-speed-ii-pinball-williams-arcade-machine/1420340639?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Yes, same scam. Both me and graysons dad contacted the seller. The guy stopped responding when pressed for more info.

#10805 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Hey guys. Was wondering what RGB light strips you are buying for mods (ie undercab lighting).
I had bought some from our Chinese friends only to have them quit working after a few weeks. I though maybe I bought the wrong “plug”, or power supply they come with (as there are options).
Any ideas which ones work over here?
Thanks for the tips!

I've had good luck with lighting strips from Amazon. I'm using a set on a dimmer in my Jurassic Park for my stadium lighting.

I'd recommend you look at RGBW ones that have a dedicated white LED. The RGB ones don't recreate white very well (it has a bluish tinge).

I would try this one:
https://www.amazon.ca/Waterproof-300LEDs-5050SMD-Remote-Control/dp/B01HD37U6S/ref=sr_1_1

You have to be careful with the voltages as some of them run @ 5V and some @ 12V. But if you buy a package like above there shouldn't be a problem.

#10806 5 years ago
Quoted from mIkea:

I know of a Getaway in Ottawa if anyone is still interested- sorry I lost track in this thread who was looking. May be able to get it back to the GTA, but likely not soon. Price will likely be a bit over $4k.
PM if interested.

Sent you a PM on this. Thanks!

#10818 5 years ago

Sounds like the same guy running all these scams. The one Getaway posted in Calgary yesterday used the same pictures from the UK leisuredirect website posted a couple days ago. My guess is he was successful scamming one person and decided to go nationwide.

2 weeks later
#10948 5 years ago

Yea patience is the name of the game I’ve found in the short time I’ve been in this hobby lol. Stick to your budget and keep watching the forums. Like you saw with my getaway search, eventually you’ll find one for a decent price.

#10963 5 years ago

Yea seems strange that no one would offer this in Canada. I'll swing by Flintstone Glass in Etobicoke on my way home today and see what they offer for anti reflection glass. Whats the standard pin size, 21 x 43 x 3/16? I need replacement glass for my 3 machines, so hopefully the price isn't exorbitant.

#10970 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Please let us know what you find out; in prior years for whatever set of reasons this was really hard to find in small quantities (if you could at all).
Jersey Jack once remarked that when he first entered the high end glass game he was surprised that his first order of however many hundred or thousands of sheets was considered "nothing" in the glass world (e.g. you think that is a VOLUME order; get a load of this guy!).
I am surprised this has not come down in price really at all over the last 8 years or so?

No luck from the two glass places near me, neither of them carry anti-reflective glass. It seems it is more common on the archival/museum side, so I'm going to reach out to some framing companies to see if they will sell just the glass.

#10975 5 years ago
Quoted from Osric:

So to be clear it isn't just about anti-reflective coatings. Glass comes in different clarities - e.g. starphire glass is very much sought after for aquariums (I believe Phoog's is starphire) - and different hardnesses. Getting glass that's actually clear (as opposed to the green-tinted glass that is almost univerally used) as well as anti-glare should produce the best results.
Nobody really knows what PDI glass is, nor what JJP is selling, in terms of sourcing the same glass from a regular glass supplier. It'd be great to know exactly what it was to search for the best deal.

I've also dabbled in planted tanks so I'm familiar with starphire glass.

From my understanding you can get anti-reflection from either a coating or from using low-iron glass (starphire).

Apparently the highest clarity would be obtained with a combination of low iron glass and optical coatings. This company says they ship worldwide, but they're US based so I'm thinking that won't be cheap. https://www.waterwhiteglass.com

Now that I'm starting to understand the terminology I'm going to prod around some more and see if anyone offers low-iron glass around here.

2 months later
#11408 4 years ago

Sounds like the scam me and you ran into a few months ago when looking for getaway. The guy I picked up my f14 from in New York messaged me this morning saying his friend is selling a high speed 1. I can get more details if you’re interested.

#11413 4 years ago
Quoted from Sleepy:

I messaged him twice with no response and I'm right near him in the same postal code area.
How would this scam work? Is he looking for somebody to respond who can't come see it and hope they send him money?

Yea that’s usually how it works. Or ask for a deposit to hold and then disappear.

3 weeks later
#11570 4 years ago

Is there any interest here in a SMB? I picked it up earlier this year but it’s not getting much play in my lineup. It’s basically stock with full LEDs and newer rubber and brand new balls. Can send pics to anyone interested.

The PO removed the Mylar but the playfield is in very good shape with minimal wear around the holes and ball drop areas. The cab has some damage around the edges which I was planning on fixing up, but I took on a bigger rebuild project so not sure when I’ll be able to get to it. The underside and mechanics look to be in really good shape.

I’d be interested getting around $4000 CDN. Was going to use the money to buy a WOF off another member. Would also consider trades.

Pics are here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ha9CXSeviQMSxKk78

6 months later
#12761 4 years ago

Finally got my F-14 into playable condition but now I need to move two of my machines to make room for it (only have room for 3 and my Getaway is staying).

Considering offers for sale/trade (2 for 1 maybe?).

Data East Jurassic Park - Full LED, several mods including 3D Printed Gate, Electric Fence, T-Rex stand-up, Shooter gun (these are the mods I created and sell in my pinside store), Jeep with working headlights, playfield light rails. Flippers were rebuilt, new glass and balls installed.
Playfield is in very good shape, some wear along ball scoops but I put protectors on them when I got the machine. Cabinet has some fade but the machine has been home use for at least the last 12 years. Only issue is the T-Rex eats the ball but doesn't move side to side.
Looking for $4500CAD.

Gottlieb Super Mario Bros
Full LED, everything else is stock. Playfield in good shape, has some wear under ball drops. Cabinet has some corner damage, wear and lock bar holes on front.
Looking for $3500CAD

Easy loading, no stairs.

Would trade both for a newer Stern machine.

Added over 4 years ago:

Traded to toasterman04!

#12763 4 years ago
Quoted from Pillarofawesome:

Driving from Saskatoon to Edmonton right now to look at a Jurassic Park, if that doesn’t pan out would you consider shipping?
Thanks

I haven't shipped before but I would consider it.

8 months later
#14879 3 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Now you all have me thinking? Anyone wanna part with a super Mario?

I traded one earlier this year to a fellow pinsider who is out in SK. It's a decent game, not a lot of depth but people seemed to gravitate towards it. I would've kept it if I had space for a larger collection because the theme is excellent. Good luck on your hunt!

4 months later
#15843 3 years ago

What's the going rate for Deadpool Pro nowadays? This is the one pin my wife would play lol.

#15845 3 years ago
Quoted from luch:

8-9k if you can find someone willing to sell

Out of curiosity, do you happen to know what a new one runs from P1? Is it around the 10k mark?

#15849 3 years ago
Quoted from luch:

can't confirm that , give jerry at player one a call

No worries, I just sent Jerry an email. He already got back to me.

#15852 3 years ago
Quoted from luch:

what price was it ?

$8k + taxes. June Delivery.

Think I might pull the trigger on it, wife has approved. Just need to find some space.

2 weeks later
#16119 3 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

I think he means a playfield protector from germany. Not cheap.

I bought one of those overlays for my F-14. They're made of Vivak (PET-G). I think it ran me about $200-250 shipped.

Really helps with playfields that have cupped inserts or uneven spots. They're super clear.

1 week later
#16273 3 years ago

As someone fairly new to this scene (2 years now), there is some level of trust needed when dealing these machines that doesn't really exist outside of super niche hobbies.

Luckily this group is pretty tight knit and word travels fast, so bad actors don't last long. Having 1-2 people vouch for a person is par for the course, plus you have lots of members that are willing to help out or act as intermediares.

I used vouches from members on here when I made my first non-local trade (2 of my pins for 1 of his, shipped to SK) and everything went super smooth. You need to trust in the system unless you plan on only buying things local.

3 months later
#17147 2 years ago

What’s a Fire! sys11 worth nowadays? There’s one on FB marketplace my friend is going to look at tomorrow for $3500. I’m guessing that’s reasonable in today’s market?

3 months later
#17821 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I've decided to post TRON for trade in other places, including Pinside, since PinRev is having issues. Please see the posting below

Sent you a PM on this, I’d love to add a Tron, been wanting one since I started in the hobby.

#17831 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Can you please send me a message on Facebook? If you do a search in the marketplace it will come up. I can't send any more messages on here (I received a lot of inquires, haha).

Done

1 year later
#22225 1 year ago

Thinking of getting a Foo Fighters Pro, but I'll need to make room for it. My GOTG Pro will likely be the one to go, since it gets the least play in my lineup. I got it in a trade about 3 years ago. It's one of the earlier builds that had issues with cab separation at the front left corner. Reinforcements have been added to prevent anymore separation. Mechanically, it plays great. It has a couple of mods in it, shaker, Cleland Firmware, 3D printed Orb and crystal, custom Milano over the bumpers + some other things.

Looking to get around $8k for it. Easy carry out, no stairs.

Added 13 months ago:

Sold!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Geteos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell?tu=Geteos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.