(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,741 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Chambahz
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Firebaall.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#408 9 years ago

If he's serious, have him send the money via direct bank to bank transfer. If you don't trust him 100%, that's the safest way.

5 months later
#1105 9 years ago

Still, nice price for a fixer-upper FT.

6 months later
#2293 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I need help! I'm picking up an IM in 2 weeks and my back is giving me A LOT of grief lately. I need help to move the game in the house and take it to the basement. The head has to come off for this to happen as well. Actually, I don't think I can do any lifting at all. If anyone here can lend a hand it would be really appreciated. I'm in Regina.
Rob

If you're stuck, give me a shout.

I know how much it sucks to move a pin when you're not at 100%.

1 week later
#2369 8 years ago

It was cool to some faces to names. We seem to have a growing number of collectors in Regina.

1 month later
#2675 8 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Anyone have flipper coils for a 1979 Gottlieb? I have a Genie and I'm looking for one for sure... lug broke off. Other one is weak. Sorry... forgot to write down the code before I closed her up tonight... hoping someone has one and knows which one it is. Looking to get one quicker than later and may not be keeping this machine that much longer so I'm not looking to spend a fortune getting one from the states.
Lemme know if you've got one.

I think I might have one...lol

Coils.jpgCoils.jpg

Toss me the part number, and I can take a poke around. Most of them are NOS.

#2694 8 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I should add, I bought a game for $1400 put a few hundred and time into it. Kept it for 8 months and realized it wasn't for me or my family. Sold it for double what I paid. Guess I'm a bad guy too and exactly whats wrong with this hobby.

....and that's the difference between a scummy flipper and a hobbyist. A flipper doesn't care about the machine beyond squeezing a buck out of it.

#2700 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

...and where my MET Premium playfield is as well! :O

I'm surprised that you didn't get it back already!

#2740 8 years ago
Quoted from devpin:

Yea It's much like a new car that has 125-200KM but you still pay new price. There is another here still in the box, but it just arrived based on a lower exchange rate, so it's $6590.
Take you pick.

http://www.theplaydiumstore.com/Star_Trek_Pro_Pinball_Coin_Op_p/pin-startrekpro-coin-op.htm

Sweet...you're actually selling it for more than you can buy it new from your source at Playdium. This is why people don't want dealers selling on pinside.

#2749 8 years ago
Quoted from devpin:

Firebaall Wow your so smart! $6390. with 60 plays, or $6590. still in the box. In stock, here in Saskatoon, no added shipping to be paid. If your going to purchase a new pin, it has to be from a dealer.
But I guess you would rather pay more buying from Toronto than supporting local. I mean god forbid anyone local makes any sort of profit off you!
I'm thankful I have never had to rely on the "pinball collectors" to make a living, as I'd surly starve
You know, I was just answering a fellow pinheads request "looking for a Star Trek Pro", but man the vile hate and bitterness that come through your posts, is truly astounding; where does it come from?
Really, who cares what you want, you don't own or control pinside. Grow-up

I've been known to have a neuron or two fire. It happens.

Shipping is not an issue, since the folks at Playdium are more than willing to shift prices around to make a sale happen. Then again, you know that since you buy from them.

Showing your prices to be unattractive coveys neither vileness, hate, nor bitterness. If anybody needs to grow up here, take a deep breath and ask yourself why you're getting so bent out of shape when somebody points out that you are not offering a good price on equipment you're trying to sell.

....there's a good reason you can't make a living off of "pinball collectors", and I don't mean as a general rule. That's a personal issue.

#2751 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Um is it just me or are dealers not allowed to publically post their prices on new sterns? The other retailers don't post prices on pinside?

Is there any other distributor in Canada other than Playdium/Starburst? Everybody else that sells pins (in Canada) is acting as a second middleman as far as I know.

#2754 8 years ago
Quoted from devpin:

OK, we need to sort this out, so I offer NIB at $6390, landed in Saskatoon. Toronto offers the same pin at $6495, and your going to pay min. $200. shipping.
All I can figure out is your saying they will drop their price $400, or more, off their asking price to make the sale. Am I understanding you correctly? And therefor, that what makes my price unattractive. Is this correct?

Your NIB is $6590, so you've already started your counter with an error. The $6390 was your price for a USED machine. Both offers are bad, since you can get that NIB price already from the real distributor, including shipping.

So to sort this out...you offer nothing over ordering from the actual Canadian distributor. That's face value, working with the numbers stated by you and Playdium. I also know the sales reps there will work a price with you beneath list. That's pure fact.

Heck, you just trying to fudge the numbers in your argument here is enough reason not to buy from you.

Quoted from flashinstinct:

I think we are deviating for this thread...

Agree 100%. There's no merit in analyzing it further.

#2762 8 years ago
Quoted from devpin:

But whatever, I don't want to ever deal with you. Goodnight!

I couldn't hope for a better outcome! My chances of getting ripped off have been nicely reduced!

However, if I do happen to run into somebody looking to purchase used equipment masquerading as new (with a NIB price to go with it), I'll most certainly point them in your direction.

1 week later
#2931 8 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Is there a price for this? Or are we just supposed to send offers like people did for Spencers TZ?

I have a specific pinball machine for an arbitrary price. Now fight for my amusement in the dirt while I throw my head back at your offers while emitting a hardy, deep laugh.

An asking price should be required, on pain of deletion. This should be a Pinside rule...

1 month later
#3323 8 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Anyone looking for a good laugh? Check out kijiji Regina pinball. I won't ruin the surprise.

Frank from Wonderland is trying his hand at online sales now. lol

1 month later
#3724 8 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Wtf are you talking about?? A company or individual selling pinball machines and parts lists under a thread about selling pinball machines is a bad thing? How many of us would even know about them otherwise? Nuff said.

Well....

He's not listing anything specific. All he did was spam the forum. It's sleazy.

This is a prime reason why Robin should really try and work something out with retail guys and keep them off threads like this.

1 week later
#3837 8 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

( prefer MK or Tekken but open to others )

I've got a tekken 4 in a showcase cab. I was going to turn in into a big mame cab, but never got around to it.

1 year later
#5704 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Oh boy, east vs west hate.
Got my popcorn ready

Pfft....East/West.

Even Oreo cookies know the best stuff is in the middle.

3 months later
#6630 6 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

TAF 8000
HS2 3500
JD 3500
NGG 4500
TS 5000
BSD 4500
WCS 3500

That's the problem with selling (or buying) in CND $$$.

I thought it was crazy when I started buying pins. Nowadays, it's a question of "What would it cost to buy myself?" when selling. Personally, I wouldn't want to sell any of my pins. Trading is the only way to make a lateral move.

10 months later
#8146 6 years ago

Anybody looking for a Rocky and Bullwinkle? Starship Troopers?

I think I'll be posting them for sale this weekend, or preferably a trade on DMD Williams/Bally machines. I need to shake up my interest a bit. I've been pin idle too long...

#8152 6 years ago

Troopers is spoken for.

For those still asking about pics on the R&B, and I didn't get to your PM with pics yet:

https://imgur.com/a/jgXjZ

...the playfield is outstanding on this machine. Trades on W/B DMDs is still my preference!

Today I learned that you can only send 20 PMs a day on pinside without a plus membership. You animals! So if I didn't get back to everybody's PMs, please understand.

Edit: Both are spoken for now, but I still can't PM everybody back, I'm not ignoring you guys. Thanks for everybody's time.

#8155 6 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Maybe just pay for a plus membership? You just sold 2 games through the site.

They went to local collectors, and didn't go through Pinside. I have donated in the past to Pinside, as well as created content. Had I needed to list them here, I would have.

Now as to why I don't donate to Pinside currently, it was my decision that I won't go into details here over. You can PM me if you really want to know, but I honestly don't think it's your place to try and shame me into giving the website anything more than I already have. If we want to try and shame, we can talk about how you've never donated at all...

#8157 6 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

What is the heart + beside his name then?

Odd, It wasn't showing when I posted. However, it doesn't change my point about what he was trying to do. Stay classy.

#8160 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

You did list them here....

Not for sale. For trade.

My reason for even bringing them up on Pinside was for a collector to collector trade. Everybody that asked what a cash price was explicitly told there was a value that was on the table before I listed them in an ad for cash sale this weekend (which would have been higher then what I would have sold to a fellow collector). Pinside had nothing to do with these machines changing hands. If you want to try and make me out as a bad guy for what happened in a private exchange between local collectors, you're going to have me push back.

#8166 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Seems like for sale, guess I read it wrong. Awaiting the push back...

The push back was calling you out. Maybe you just prefer snarky, passive aggressive drivel? I'll remember for next time.

I shouldn't be surprised though, I know a lot of good people in the hobby that won't come here because of the toxic trolls. What was that Steve Ritchie quote about Pinside again? Somebody should make T-shirts of that. Anyways...I'm out of this thread on this issue.

Lets see some pins get listed, instead of the bullshit.

2 weeks later
#8289 6 years ago

Fire sale inc?

https://www.facebook.com/cbcsask/videos/10155221004936782/?hc_ref=ARSLc54AEOA6d0xIFReGi_xx5fwCqZMqy09vpBwCNOfvmkweZBvSvWHRpv5nDJ5worg

The arcade isn't the one that burned, but they are saying the businesses on each side (Wonderland is one), are getting heavy water/smoke damage inside.

1 year later
#11962 4 years ago

Any interesting widebody pins out there for sale or trade?

I've been toying with moving my Getaway and/or Fishtales. Might just list them both and use the funds to go hunting.

#11966 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I know of a sttng for trade and he was interested in 90s games. If interested, pm me

Thanks I appreciate the heads up. I have one already, though. It's one of my favourite pins.

I do need to say that I'm getting a few trade offers already, but I'm mainly looking for Williams/Bally 90s widebody machines. Shake the coconut tree, and see what falls out, I guess.

#11968 4 years ago

I should have just said trade on superpins in the first place, to make it easier.

#11970 4 years ago

I've been lazy on my judges. I bought them both needing a planet gearboxes rebuilt/replaced. Love the art so much, that I bought an extra playfield just to lean against the wall and look pretty.

#11975 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I may be interested in your Getaway.

Be careful saying that with a superpin in your collection!

1 year later
#16473 3 years ago

It's been ages since I've been feeling the pinball vibe...

Any interest out there for a DE Guns n Roses?

I'm interested in a decent condition superpin on trade, working or not, cash up or down as needed.

Not really looking to sell, but I'll post it up for pin hunting funds, if there's no bites or decent trades out there in the next few weeks or so.

Lemme know!

#16477 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Guy on FB "Pinball machines in Canada" looking for a DE GnR right now

Thanks for the heads up. If it goes up for sale, I'll post it there as well.

I see the guy selling a GnR clear coated playfield, but not the guy looking to buy a machine.

I have a full new plastics kit for it, and I'm kinda thinking I want the playfield now. I love/hate all the options that seem to come at you at once. lol

4 months later
#17495 2 years ago

Finally got my butt in gear to list the GnR on Kijiji.

Mostly interested in finding trades on W/B superpins, up or down. I'm not opposed to selling for straight cash to fuel the pin hunting war chest either. I'll toss it up on the Facebook pinball group for Canada to see if there's interest there as well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Firebaall.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell?tu=Firebaall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.