(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1809 9 years ago

I'm looking for a Phantom of the Opera, Pinbot or something around that period. Not looking for collector condition or price. Want something that needs a little work but not major rebuild.

2 weeks later
#1970 9 years ago

I was in Nitro on the weekend and didn't see the ACDC.

4 weeks later
#2139 9 years ago

I need to expand my search I thought it would be a lot more than that to have a pin shipped. How much prep work need to be done. Does the seller have to package it all up and deliver it to the depot?

2 weeks later
#2189 8 years ago

Yeah except his price is insanity, what is he thinking 9K each. LOL

#2193 8 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

The guy from westlock is a total fraud. He agreed to sell me that jp a couple weeks back then said he wanted $5000 for it.
I just signed up to let everyone know. I'll improve my file and hope to chat soon with fellow pin lovers

What was the original price you agreed on?

#2228 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Might be selling off my collection if my wife and I purchase a home we are looking at:
So would have a HUO Star Trek PRO with shaker side mirrors, and superbands for sale
please pm me if interested.

That was just posted in the Northeast US thread.

8 months later
#3964 8 years ago

People want to sell and they can post for whatever they want. People have that same right to laugh and scoff at the price. It's not like people are going to stop selling. Prices now are too high for me to buy. I'm not a believer in cost of good just matches the dollar. Nothing else for sale takes a massive jump. Its all supply and demand, if you can get an American to buy then sell it to him. If you can't don't expect a Canadian to pay the same.

#3967 8 years ago

Show me used good that took a 45% jump? When I by NHL tickets they don't ask for 45% more because they are competing with the US. Yes prices increase but it's not a straight across. If you think you can get that 45% by all means have at it and good luck. You may find its more than the market will bear and people may laugh.

Just before Xmas I was in Nitro and he was asking around 7200 all in for Kiss Pro. I'm sure he is not asking 8700 before tax today, that's insane.

#3969 8 years ago

The market has not spoken, people have started listing very high prices, I suspect the market will take a massive slow down because it can't bear the price. Just because you see it on Kijiji that does not reflect the market. I'll grant you the Pinball market is hard to gauge but its way to early to tell how much it has increased.

Anyway we should let this thread get back on track, I honestly thought this conversation was in the other one.

3 months later
#4580 7 years ago

I'll happily vouch for Meegis, I've bought from him and everything is exactly as expected. Completely honest and upfront about everything, great hassle free seller. I put very little into HUO on any modern pin it means nothing. If you a true collector paying top dollar for machines from the back in the day then it's valid.

#4595 7 years ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

No I can't move on, if it was out of the box and played then it wasn't new.

Did you see the pictures he posted, no one was attempting to fool anyone. It is clearly out of the fucking box. Your blatantly trolling a complete non issue and making an ass of yourself.

3 weeks later
#4690 7 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Does anyone have a new stern display that is broken or a line out that they are willing to part with? i am looking for one to buy. If you have one let me know... thanks

I have one from AC/DC it has a single dot out.

2 weeks later
#4760 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Overpriced tz in Abby.
Gl with twd. I been looking for a pro for several months

I saw those last night I'm assuming the White Water is the same guy both prices are crazy. The 6k DE Star Wars is back listed again too. These probable belong in the Craigslist laughs thread.

#4765 7 years ago

I don't mind him asking that much but to not even put up pictures to maybe show why they are worth top dollar and then some is ridiculous. No colour dmds in them either.

I agree, I thought about emailing him asking if they are documented HUO or insanely mint restores, in the end I figured it was just a waste of time. Did you contact him?

#4767 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

How much is he asking for the white water?

$7500 CDN

#4769 7 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Is it powder coated in gold? Haha, that's insane. Just another guy wasting everyone's time. Doesn't even warrant a reply. Probably doesn't even own the games just trying to find a sucker that wants one and then go out and buy one.

He is asking $9000 CDN for a Twilight Zone no pics or information.

#4783 7 years ago

I think the farther west you go the worse it get

#4785 7 years ago
Quoted from Manhattan:

This is true. This is going to sound crazy but I think one of the contributing factors is that homes on the west coast traditionally don't have basements where a gameroom typically goes.

Yep that sounds crazy

2 weeks later
#4901 7 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Do any of you Calgary pinheads know of the ac/dc pro listed on kijiji? History, seller, condition?

I don't know anything about the pin, if you do grab it I have a set of the stock lightning bolts with LED towers. I grabbed a set of the pinbits bolts so I have no use for them. One of them has a crack but it's very hard to see the other two are perfect. Just looking to pass them on to someone that needs them.

2 weeks later
#4957 7 years ago

Can't really fault someone for offering 3K that's still a sweet deal if the pin is nice. $1500 the seller had no idea the value. I would not tell a seller but I can't really be upset if someone makes a better offer. That being said if you have an oral agreement sight unseen and the guy then sells it I would consider that classless.

4 months later
#5489 7 years ago
Quoted from Adib:

is there any addams family for sale in canada??

There is one advertised in the Vancouver Craigslist, but I think it's actually in the US. Not sure what currency the price is but it seems high considering the game needs to be completely re powdercoated.

4 weeks later
#5617 7 years ago

I managed to find an AC/DC Pro but it wasn't LED and I looked for a long time.

#5647 7 years ago

There is an F-14 in Vancouver for 2850 and I thought it was overpriced. I've been trying to find a System11 for around 2K forever.

3 months later
#6555 7 years ago

There is a Taxi for sale on Craigslist in Seattle. I contacted him for the Pinbot in the same ad. Guy seems a little chippy and it's a long way from Alberta but it is a Taxi.

P.S. I'm looking for a Pinbot if anyone sees one.

3 weeks later
#6757 6 years ago

Pricing is so tough right now. I can't blame people for asking what they are asking because people are buying. Anything even close to a reasonable price is gone in minutes and people will offer more than asking. It's worse than the housing market out here

1 month later
#7113 6 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

We are very lucky to have the shipping prices of pinball machines that we have here in Canada. Hearing what it costs to ship games in the USA we have it easy. And Sameday.ca / Day & Ross are pretty good. I have used them numerous times for shipping pinball machines and haven't had an issue shipping. However I know that there have been a few issues in the past. But that's nature of the beast. To package up a game use some kind of box like an old Stern box from a different pinball machine you or one of your pinball buddies bought in the past. Fold up the game and wrap the box around the game and use shrink wrap on top of the box to give it added protection. Secure coin box to top of game or beside the game on the pallet depending what size pallet you use. Same with the legs. Even if you don't have a pallet, just package it up and bring it to the depot and the workers there will help you put it on a pallet and secure it to it. Just make sure you bring a few straps to secure it to the pallet. I am the lucky recipient of that Safecracker and I'm excited to get it. I think it's a cool game. Not a game I'd have in a small collection but in a collection over 10 I think it will give another nice different option.

This is so true, I have looked into having games shipped in the US and it's totally different. Maybe I have been lucky with the deals I have done in Canada, always done depot to depot and the machine was properly on a pallet and protected no problem at all. The few times I have enquired in the US, I was told to get a moving company to come pick it up and deal with it for way more money. They literally seem to think they will just take the game exactly as is and put it in a truck legs on head up. It's nuts.

1 month later
#7286 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Just wanted to share a quick story about a fellow Pinsider that most of you probably know, Meegis.
I was looking to do a trade for one of my games, and he PM'd me to offer help in shipping since I had never done it before. He was exceptionally generous with his time, and went out of his way to give me info on pretty much everything I needed to know.
He also let me use his warehouse, where he spent at least a couple of hours with me wrapping it up and preparing it for shipment. He patiently explained everything he was doing, and even skipped his lunch the next day to wait for Same Day to pick it up.
Not only is Meegis the most awesome guy I've met on this forum, he's one of the most genuinely kind guys I've met period. Definitely need more people like this in the hobby... And the world!

Preach It!

1 week later
#7412 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Basically have to add a grand to most prices from last year

Unfortunately this is true.

1 month later
#7501 6 years ago

The prices in Vancouver are pretty brutal but there is just not that much for sale and the competition for machines is pretty fierce. Don't go by what people say on pinside especially the eastern US. The prices are not even close to what we have to pay. It kinda balances out though as you will get better value if you sell locally. I guess the pin market is just like our housing market.

4 months later
#8098 6 years ago

I’m thinking of moving my Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park Lost World. Both are clean, working 100%, with factory toppers, no broken plastics, full LEDs, Titan Rubber and ColorDMDs. Looking for $7900 CAD or $6250 USD. Prefer to move them as a combo but might sell separately. My thinking is JP is a 3K machine plus the ColorDMD and JPLW is 2.5K plus the ColorDMD in USD. I know my price is on the high side for pinside but games are hard to come by on the west coast and I had to pay on the high side to get them.

2 months later
#8431 5 years ago

The revelations of the designer of Judge Dredd must have taken a little off the price. I know it dropped it off my list. If your going to make an offer on one I would go a little low there may not be as much competition as you expect. Maybe it has blown over though.

3 weeks later
#8560 5 years ago

It was just a regular pro, right? I was curious how much demand it would have with the VE. Nice to see it went so fast.

#8562 5 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Yes, few guys were interested, dont like the Angus face? I actually wish they would have taken the pics of the band members off for the VE rather than the drawn face.

Have a original pro myself and love it, no plans to sell but nice to see its still in demand.

2 months later
#9152 5 years ago

I don't think it's pinball related Craiglsist was just first and by the time Kijiji got rolling it just didn't have enough content in comparison. I always wondered why everybody else switched over.

#9165 5 years ago

Man, this gets my gears turning. I love the theme but have never played one. It be an easy ship back down to the coast, does anyone know the guys selling it?

3 months later
#9930 5 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

I am new to pinball and pinside, please keep up the price police ‍♀️ it’s education and entertainment. This is all good research

Yeah I'm with you especially when you first starting out. If you feel your price is fair who cares what the price police say. This instance was so minor it was not even price policing. He clearly stated location matters, I find the further west and north you go the more you pay. I have no issue with people making mundane comments about price. I have never seen someone with a fair price freak out when someone says it should be lower.

1 month later
#10222 5 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

WOW, you managed to name all the Sega pins but the best one!! BW

The Lost World JP should be on the list for any Sega fan as well.

#10256 5 years ago

You guys see this, I am sure it went instantly, is a scam or a bidding war. $2000 for a Scared Stiff

vancouver.craigslist.org link

#10260 5 years ago

I thought it might be legit if I had wheels that could fit a pin I would have jumped on it. I figure if its legit the first guy to show up with cash may get themselves a score.

1 week later
#10347 5 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

3500 to 4500 depending on condition and mods.

This sounds about right to me, I would not sell mine for less than 4500, its nice and has a ColorDMD. $3500 for a fully working but rough JP I would consider a score. When people are trying to buy they say its a dog and worth nothing. If you compare it feature wise you get lot for you dollar with JP.

#10349 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

totally Lib. Those coin mechs look brand new, seller seems to have documentation. I feel like that JP will sell quick at 5k?

Yeah the scoop holes look to have very minor wear no where near what you see when routed, it looks like a well loved low played JP. I would be surprised if it last long.

2 months later
#11105 5 years ago

There was recently a discussion on the Pacific North West Pinball group on Facebook about a mint HUO PinBot in Vancouver, BC. I'm betting that's the one.

1 week later
#11148 4 years ago

Damn I do like me some Tron but $9500 for a Pro, I could just never do it. All the power to you selling at that price and I am sure some one will scoop this up. Stern has to be considering vaulting or even a re-theme of that layout. There is just so much money on the table.

#11185 4 years ago

None of these are mine but there are some interesting pins for sale in Vancouver. Prices are good and bad.

vancouver.craigslist.org link Iron Man LE $9000 (this is a little crazy)

vancouver.craigslist.org link Corvette for $4500

vancouver.craigslist.org link Cirqus Voltaire for $7000

vancouver.craigslist.org link Judge Dread for $4500

vancouver.craigslist.org link Indiana Jones for $7000

#11188 4 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Hmm, pretty sure there is no such thing as a IM LE, looks like a game someone put brass on and can see the signature, but maybe bought a signed translite.

Yeah that was the one that seemed the most off, I wasn't sure if they did LEs back then.

#11197 4 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

IJ or CV depending on condition may be worth looking at for someone though

Yeah you see them at that asking price in USD, those would be pretty sweet score in CAD especially if you can barter with him.

3 months later
#11892 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Current used pricing keeps me buying newer games. I can get a Stern pro nib for the price of lots used pins now. I love my Shadow but I havent seen one posted in Canada for less than $6,500 in a while. Id like to snag a World Cup Soccer but they are going for over $4,000 now. Hard to justify 90s pricing with the great current releases for less than $8,000 (looking at you Deadpool and Jurassic Park)

I feel the complete opposite, I agree pins are hard to find and posted prices in Canada are high. That being said $8k for a new Stern Pro is way to much especially with all the issues. If I'm dumping that kind of cash I expect it to be mint and complete. You take such a gamble on quality and your going to be waiting for code. I just bought a BSD from one of the container buys. First time I have done this and obviously there is some risk and the pin is going to need some love. Everything included I'll be into it for $3750 CAD and you get a proper licensed pin. None of this rated G Baby Deadpool or weird Newman Jurassic Park with a lame T-Rex. I'll own the new JP one day when I can get it for less than $6K and I don't think I'll have to wait that long and I will know exactly what I am getting.

#11896 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

People still buying container games? Given our sh!tty CAD is this still lucrative? Is there a games for sale list somewhere to get an idea on prices?

I would not call it lucrative, I don't see this as profitable. I think its a great way to find a pin your after for a good price, its just about acquiring pins. I enjoy working on pins so I figure at $3750 for a BSD I will probable sink another grand or so into it. ColorDMD, new cabinet decals, LED and some misc and I should have a very nice BSD for $5000 Canadian. I'm doing this as a hobby because I enjoy it. If your trying to do this for profit your going to be very underwater on labour. I'm hopeful if I decide to move it I should be able to get back the money I put into it. If I wanted profit you would make more an hour working fast food. Here is a link to the buy but its closed now but it will give you an idea whats available.

http://container.proludio.com

3 weeks later
#12013 4 years ago
Quoted from guard:

Miles makes a lot more sense.....I care more about a pin in Ohio then I do Alberta.

Personally I go the other way I would be way more comfortable buying a pin online from someone in Ontario than I would be anywhere the same distance in the US. The exchange rate, shipping, any legal recourse if it went bad, all of these are going to be 10 times the hassle internationally.

1 week later
#12106 4 years ago
Quoted from icanswim70:

Thanks for trying! If anyone comes across one it’s my most wanted pin and suits a 24 year olds budget miraculously.

Data East is the best bang for your buck when starting out, I started with JP and it was an awesome first pin.

1 month later
#12399 4 years ago

I just ordered a decal from a pinsider in Portugal, it looks like the vault edition not the Helen Aurich did, you can find info in the AC/DC Pro thread. I'm still waiting on shipping and starting to get a little nervous, once it arrives I'll let you know about quality and all that.

2 months later
#12794 4 years ago

I think the market has taken a dip for sure. That is a nice No Fear and I’m sure he will get his price but the frenzy is kinda over. Everyone seems to want newer Sterns and I have no idea why.

1 week later
#12873 4 years ago

Pinbot is such a weird pin for me, I remember playing it a lot back in the day and loving it. I wanted one so bad, I searched and searched ended up over paying to get one. I spent so much time and money getting it in nice shape. Played it for a couple of weeks and found it a complete dud, I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. It sold quick though and I didn't lose much on it, people do love it. I can't even play JackBot that layout just does nothing for me.

1 week later
#12984 4 years ago

Anyone out there thinking about adding the Data East and Sega to go with the new Stern JP. The suggestion of a TNA two for one made me think I might be in to a trade.

#13022 4 years ago

Yeah I brought a BSD in to Canada from the US that was part of a container buy. It was super rough, front corners completely split, not even a hint of red left in the decals, MPU board with acid damage. It did have the good playfield but super dirty. I thought trying to explain that I actually bought it from Italy would just complicate the whole thing. The guy that organized the buy was kind enough to give me a bill of sale from him for $1000 with his phone number. Got to the border and they valued it at $7000. They told me they found the ad on Craigslist. I didn’t even know what to say as they were clearly just making it up. They then said they called the guy and he told them I actually paid him $4000. This was also a very obvious lie. They demanded to search my phone and bank records. At this point I said no chance. They held me for four and a half hours and finally decided I tried to defraud them $42 dollars in tax and fined me $350. No idea where they came with that number but I was so tired of the bullshit I just paid it and took the pin home. Be warned it’s a crap shoot coming across. I have no criminal record and have never had an issue at a border before this. No idea why the guy thought this beat up BSD was the holy grail of pins.

#13032 4 years ago

That’s insane! I can’t even imagine where and why they came up with all that. They are usually, key word, Good with me and even ask places to look it up and about condition and such.

I think they mixed up my BSD with some other pin for sale. They were convinced it was worth way more and that I would eventually break and just confess. It really sucked and it was very disappointing how fast and loose they play with law when they are positive your guilty.

1 week later
#13091 4 years ago

Kiss doesn't have a great reputation as far as code but I haven't kept track if it ever got the update it needed. I think 6K would a be a great offer and more than I would spend on it. 8K is laughable and he is fishing for someone in the Kiss Army that doesn't know any better.

#13104 4 years ago

I had a horrible experience bringing a pin across. You get the wrong guy on the wrong day and it can really suck. Like others have said be prepared with everything you can imagine and more.

#13111 4 years ago

I’ve brought several games over. Pretty standard. 13% on cdn value. Have receipt with name and number of seller. They will research the title to check value. Don’t let darscot scare you, that was just one time bad luck.

I think this is completely fair and don’t put weight on one bad experience out of hundreds of great ones.

3 weeks later
#13284 4 years ago
Quoted from gblgbl:

Not sure why your sticking your nose into a deal that has nothing to do with you. I honestly didn’t think it was a big deal to ask him to take a quick video while he was in front of his pin taking pics. It’s not my first rodeo, I would of asked other pinhead buddies in the region to check it out but with the Covid.... I’ve shipped quite a few pins through out NA, let’s be honest it’s not that hard. The funny thing is the guy sells used hot tubs, I’m sure he’s well rehearsed on shipping.... Have a great day DeeBunk!

When you post on the internet it's a little much to say someone is sticking their nose in and get worked up when they comment.

1 month later
#13616 3 years ago

I paid 5K all in shipping and taxes for a first run AC/DC Pro buying it from a shop. I just can’t imagine they go for anywhere near 7500 even with the ColorDMD and mods. All the power to you if you can get it but that value seems way high. I’m not trying to price police, mine is loaded and available at that price

1 month later
#14046 3 years ago

I have bought long distance and in my experience it is expected to be paid in full up front. I get it, I would not ship a pin without payment. That being said I did everything I could to confirm it was legit. I asked about the person on here, checked their reputation, I made them send me a picture of themselves and their drivers license. It's a lot of money to just blindly send with very little recourse. I know Nitro has facilitated shipping for people.

3 weeks later
#14228 3 years ago

No idea if pins are moving at these prices but a sellers market for sure. I thought we might see a bit of a dip with Covid but seems to have gone the other way.

1 week later
#14251 3 years ago
Quoted from aFineMoose:

I'm getting my first pin in a week. I seriously doubt it would have happened if places were open and I could have gone on location to play. Instead I needed to become obsessed with something else after an obsession with Covid news. My brain decided it was pinball. I wonder if anyone's like me and just fell into an obsession out of left field.

Welcome, its always nice to see more people in this neck of the woods. What is your first going to be? They breed like rabbits you'll blink and have a several.

#14263 3 years ago

How did you find a Shadow I’ve been searching for one forever. When your ready to mix it up let me know.

#14272 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Yeah, I'm dumfounded why it's not gone yet. The seller is looking to sell a full package and parts, maybe it's too much stuff for a new buyer. Then I would PM seller and ask what's doable. There was also no interest in that great looking AC-DC Premium that was nicely priced (8k in CAD).. timing is everything when selling, buying!

I love a project pin but not one to pay restored price for one. The math may add up on paper for what he spent but it doesn’t in value. I know I would restore the cabinet, LEDs, ColorDMD. Your looking at $8000 for a Shadow that I’m going to not play for months. That Shadow is at least $2000 high for me. To be fair the pin doesn’t need a full restore but what else do you do with all the extra parts. If I could find a second one that was really beat you could probably sort out the value by restoring them both and selling one. I can’t find one, now I need two!?

8K I can have a Premium AC/DC ready to roll.

#14274 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Without most of the parts, etc., he's doing $6200 according to the post..

It’s still way off on price. This one sat and he was at 5K before it went. I would have bought it if he would have shipped. http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/the-shadow.9952/

P.S. I’m not trying to price police the guy all the power to him. I only gave my opinion because it was brought up. I know guys hate carguments but if I’m buying a car and it’s on jack stands with lots of parts in boxes I’m going beat you up on the price. Just the way it goes.

#14276 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I've been looking for a Tron, I can attest to the fact the market frequently changes.. for that same reason, you won't find that many Shadow you can plug and play at those prices. As you said, at that price ($4200-5000), you'll get a project, albeit still quite playable..

The one I posted is nice not a project at all and sold in June at 5k. So My search continues I’m targeting 5K and will move up and down from there. I have the DE and Sega Jurassic Parks I would trade or move as a pair for something interesting. Would not go two for one on a Shadow without cash coming back.

#14278 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

If the border can re-open you may be able to get one priced reasonably.

Yeah I keep my eye out in the PNW thread and when the border opens I’ll grab something of the next container.

#14285 3 years ago
Quoted from aFineMoose:

darscot I’ll give more info when the deal is 100% done, but long story short somebody in Seattle responded to my wanted ad. After a month I had no hits for anything in BC or Alberta, so I reconnected with him. It’s a real pain with the shut border, but I got a ton of pics and it’s a reputable guy.

Ah you put up the wanted adds, I saw those and thought damn I should have thought of that first.

Quoted from Saltimbanco:

How does that work actually, that 'container' thing? I read it all the time, but have no idea other than it's obviously shipped..

It's a company in Italy that gathers pins, I don't know how he acquires them but he has a warehouse. There is a spreadsheet with pics and prices. There is a group of guys that arrange things. You just pick the pin you want from the list and once they get enough they load a container full and ship them all together. The guys that run it all great and super helpful, the whole thing runs pretty smoothly. There might be delays and you do have to put money up front, stuff happens. The truck was hours late and I was pretty stressed my first time wondering if someone just drove away with a container full of pins. In the end it was all completely upfront and awesome, I will do it again. I got hassle at the border but that was just me not knowing exactly what was expected the first time bringing a pin across. There are pretty good deals to be had, but at the same time you may get a pin that needs a lot more work than you expect. I got a BSD and with all the restoration I'm probably into for a around $5500 and she is a beauty. I don't think the container buys are profitable or worth flipping. I like it because I was starting at around $3750 for a game with solid bones so you have some room to put money in. My BSD ended up needing an MPU board, I had it working but then shorted a damn coil through a switch and just had enough. With the container your can still make out alright in that situation. When your starting at $7000 you just don't have any room for anything.

#14288 3 years ago
Quoted from Magno:

I would definetly like to check out this option, is there a link to the games list and prices?

http://container.proludio.com/

This is the latest list but they just did a buy so anything that was reserved is probably gone. It will give you an idea of pricing.

#14303 3 years ago

Yeah, I guess I'm not really looking for a Shadow these days, the market has moved it beyond what I would be willing to spend. I might go $6000 on a beauty that was close and convenient.

#14355 3 years ago

The last container had a White Water at $3500 US the container before that I think had 4 in the same ball park. I see why everyone is grabbing them if the market is what people say it is. I do find recommended pricing here are always the extreme of reality. The greatest scores and most naive suckers.

#14361 3 years ago

I thought the one posted at $6800 on here was in CAD, I guess not. So he is firm at $9000 CAD?! I want to shake up my line up but when it’s so out of control like this I don’t want to buy or sell.

#14377 3 years ago

I don’t see anything toxic or bitchy just a little conversation. The Canadian threads are tame even compared to the rest of Pinside and Pinside is on the Disney channel of the internet.

3 weeks later
#14583 3 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Machine - For Sale The Shadow - 100% working - Beautiful - Aurich Art package
Price has been dropped to $6100 CAD.

Your killing me with this, I just gave up on a Shadow sold my DE JP and grabbed a Star Trek Pro.

#14634 3 years ago

I can't imagine them opening the floodgates at Xmas. They know everyone is going to be spending time with older relatives in the high risk demographic, it would be the worst time to open. People will lose their minds if they open for black Friday.

1 week later
#14715 3 years ago
Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

Open up shipping and I believe you would find many more interested parties. Not comfortable try reaching out to nearby Pinsiders for assistance. seems to be less available in western Canada from my observations

I couldn’t find anyone that would take my money for a Shadow. When I said 6k seemed everyone wanted 7-8k. I gave up and got a nice shiny Star Trek Pro for 6.5 and man am I happy. Still want to add a Shadow but the right deal will come along. People really need to get over the whole shipping thing it’s really not that hard to get sorted.

1 week later
#14826 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Ordered three CEs of GnR. I have never in my whole collecting life span, which is quite long, seeing a standard game this packed and with all the assets and Erics game play first approaches I obviously have no doubt this is a once in a life time CE to own!

Three?! Seems like a wish and a prayer but any chance one of these bad boys is going to be on location or accessible locally?

1 month later
#15087 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

I'm looking for a set of side art blades for Stern Star Wars Pro/Prem/LE.

It didn't seem to like me posting a craigslist link. I sent you a pm I think what your looking for is on Vancouver Craigslist.

2 weeks later
#15271 3 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

Hey all!
Looking for an Alien, local preferred very motivated buyer
Longshot but worth a try

What is your favorite Stern?

#15285 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone availing of Black Friday deals? Likely shipping still pretty costly back to Canada.

Until the border is open and I can use a package depot I'm only ordering absolute essentials. Its not just the cost of shipping which is bad enough everything I have ordered has been hit with taxes and or fees. It used to be the occasional item would get hit but they have really cracked down since the whole trade war thing.

1 month later
#15637 3 years ago
Quoted from OCP2:

Still on the lookout for a BSD. Open to getting it shipped. Please message me if you’re thinking of selling. Thanks

I got mine on a container buy and there is always a couple available. With prices rising the container buys are not as lucrative as they once were but BSD is still a pretty good deal. The must have flooded Europe with this pin back in the day because its super common.

http://container.proludio.com/

#15641 3 years ago

I just got in on a container buy with a group of guys near Seattle. The come from Italy. The deals are not once they once were but its a good way to acquire pins that you may not have a chance to buy. It wouldn't be to hard for a group of you guys to get together out east and do a buy.

#15643 3 years ago
Quoted from CanadianPinball:

It's been done (Que-Ont group) before 5-7 years ago and turned into a shitshow. See pinrev for the drama

My experience was very positive, I don't see any reason it would be doomed its a pretty simple process. The only thing that would be an issue is the people you team up with.

#15645 3 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

Something scary about buying a pin without seeing it...there would have to be a deep discount for me to feel comfortable getting in on a group buy. That being said, the idea is intriguing. Would love to hear other’s experiences... especially Canadian purchases.

Oh its terrifying, I was shitting my pants. In the end the only part of the experience that sucked was crossing the border back into Canada. If I could do it with a group of Canadians I would do it every 6 months. The pins are rough and you have to scour the pictures. My BSD right now is beauty I'm probably into it for $4500 CAD. It's not a high end restored but it's still beautiful and plays like new. People used to do the container buys and you could restore a pin and make a profit. Now you can restore a pin and get yourself a beauty for a little less than the price of an average one. The main thing is pins are available, but if your just trying to do quick flips it would be a bad idea. Right now it seems like White Water and BSD are the good deals. Buying in a container is for the DIY hobbyist if you like to fix them up as much as you like to play. Its a good way to get a starter pin at a decent price. For me I would buy a pin locally still put a $1000 in to it and not really increase the value by much. Buying on a container you can put money in and not get underwater but it's not a way to make money.

1 week later
#15739 3 years ago

Pin prices are nuts right now. Personally I think it’s artificial. It’s true they list for that and one sold quickly so I assume someone was willing to pay it. Another sat for a long time at that price and I don’t know what it sold for in the end. I don’t feel the market value and what we see them listed at are the same thing. The two pins in Canada listed here seem nuts the one may be a high end restore and those are one offs but the other one, who is paying that ?!

#15759 3 years ago

Meegis always been the man when it comes to shipping a pin.

2 weeks later
#15972 3 years ago
Quoted from guard:

I agree....in fact I don't get the love for Pinbot at all.

I fell into this trap. Back in the day I worked in fairly remote location and they had a Pinbot. Me and another guy battled it out for high score for months. We worked different shifts so we never actually played together but we constantly swapped initials. Fast forward 20 years and I picked one up, took me about a week to realize it was only fun because it was the only pin in the place. I could not get rid of it fast enough. Jackbot is better but the rules can’t save that layout for me.

2 weeks later
#16195 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I always wonder how the agents determine the actual machine you are bringing over? I have brought over maybe 7 from the US so far and they have never looked in my car to confirm the game I have with me. The game is so well wrapped anyway, that they couldn't tell what the title was. I have had an agent give me the $800 exemption before because they felt bad I paid $3k for a pinball machine (I was in the US maybe 2 hours).

I think its all luck of the draw. When I brought my BSD back that I bought on a container they were convinced it was worth at least $5000 USD. This was for a pin routed for decades, battery acid damaged boards, decals faded, the head was swollen and out of square. This was a pin right on the edge of project and parts salvage. Another big thing to remember if you driving it back yourself make sure your phone has emails and text related and that your willing to let them search it. I had my encrypted work phone with me and as soon as I said I couldn't let them search it without approval from the company I was fucked. They just want yes sir anything you say sir.

#16221 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Yes, I asked for a wire and to ask here on the site if anyone can vouch for me, here or the US it wouldn't matter, however he won't do that and says I am ripping him off already by the price and I should ship then expect him to transfer the money! If more than two or three can vouch for this NEW guy then maybe will look at a mutually agreeable way other wise please take caution of this member. Cheers Bill

I so wanted to post the Monty Python Run Away gif, damn image restrictions.

#16224 3 years ago

I was thinking this one

#16228 3 years ago

It is tough when your new but the reality is no one in their right mind would ever ship anything pinball related without cash in hand. What I have always done is researched the person on here. You can tell pretty quick if they are legit. Then I transfer 100% of the funds then they ship. That is the expected norm.

If my memory serves back in the FlipNOut days wcbrandes invited people to his home to play his collection. He his been on here forever. I have never had dealings with him directly but he is someone I would have no hesitation buying from.

P.S. No one is gouging anyone, he is not scalping this topper. My impression was he realized he had an object that is worth more to someone else than it is to him so he offered to sell it.

#16235 3 years ago
Quoted from JustAnotherYoyo:

I wish I could be trusting, but unfortunately I am not.
You state above that you only send the money ONCE THEY SHIP, which means you do not trust anyone either and want the seller to take all the risk.
-What recourse does the seller have if you decide NOT to send them the money AFTER they have already shipped?
-What recourse do YOU have if they ship you an empty box?
I own a very large online store and have seen every trick in the book...
I am not asking the seller to take any risk.
I am just trying to protect myself against loss.
I see nothing wrong in that.
Unfortunately, despite it's flaws, Paypal is still the BEST way to protect BOTH parties.

It's just the reality, pinball is a sellers market. You will find it very hard to make deals using paypal for anything bigger than a simple mod.

Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Pretty much anyone here would vouch for Meegis.. and that's how you build that trust factor, talking to people, asking questions. Checking for references and getting help when needed.

So true I made my first long distance deal with him.

#16244 3 years ago

Guys, I completely agree that the item should not be shipped without payment. That would be simply ludicrous. The only reason I suggested it was to illustrate how ludicrous it would be to ask for payment without any protections in place for the buyer. I simply will not do it. The discussion was over. It should have ended there. There was no need to drag this into the forums and I do not understand why wcbrandes felt the need to.
I have to say, I rather envy this communities faith in each other and reputation.
It simply does not exist in the "real world".
Unfortunately, someone on here is eventually going to get burned BIG time and maybe then you will appreciate my perspective on the matter.
At this time, I don't even want the topper anymore as this whole experience has completely turned me off of it...

People get burned all the time, endlessly people try and scam and not pay. That is exactly why he mentioned it and the situation would ring alarm bells for pretty much everyone here. You coming into a group fairly new and trying to dictate how things should be. Instead of telling the experienced people how it should be, take advantage of the experience of the guys that have been around. In the pinball world if you bring up paypal people are going to be suspicious.

#16246 3 years ago

I would never even consider buying a used machine sight unseen, so I will be buying those local.
I didn't think buying a topper would be this dramatic.
I'm not upset, but honestly, making fun of a new member by posting videos attacking their integrity is a pretty pathetic way in welcoming new members...
(Maybe that is why this community is so TINY.)

The videos are not an attack on you and no one is making fun of you. Everyone is trying to help you out, maybe you made the mistake and not all of us. It's an honest mistake for someone new.

#16248 3 years ago

I did not dictate anything nor did I tell anyone how it should be.
From MY experience, anyone that refuses to use Paypal is an immediate red flag.
Anyone that wants an EMT upfront is an immediate scam.
I guess we just come from different "worlds".

How can you still not get that you came into the pinball culture and all cultures have different conventions. You are still dictating how it should be in this "world". I give up.

#16252 3 years ago

Dude, what is your problem.
Why are you attacking me?
I am not dictating ANYTHING TO ANYONE.

Yeah and all of us are being dramatic. I'm not attacking you in any way. You are telling us how refusing paypal is a redflag and we are simple trying to explain that in this hobby its the opposite. All of us had a harmless chuckle that was not at all intended to be at your expense. It's Monty Python and Great Big Sea, that is not an attack. Your going all caps now, just take it easy, no harm no foul. We all remember what its like to be new and do that first long distance deal.

1 week later
#16392 3 years ago
Quoted from Hawk007:

Got A very nice Gilligan, CQ f-14 , and a super nice WCS '94 all up for grabs. may sell fathom as well.

Interested in WCS, sent you a PM.

1 week later
#16503 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I would rent a uhaul and bring my whole collection to Niagara falls ny if I could sell them for good price and make it worth my while.

Quoted from tp:

I'm not allowed in Canada. Niagra would be the closest I could get. Unless there's a backdoor I could use.

No idea why your posting in this thread but if now is not the time to get a good price when is?

1 week later
#16547 3 years ago

I don't mind buying a pin remotely, or I guess I should say I used too not mind. I always expect issues, either from shipping or just other people don't like their pins the way I like my pins. Any pin I buy is getting completely gone over and I am sure I will find lots of stuff. I accept I am OCD about shit other people don't care about but that is on me. The only thing I really care about is the playfield, everything else is easy enough to fix. All that being said pin prices are so out of control now it has changed things a lot. It seems like everyone expects dime piece price on just your average machine. I just can't justify paying what people are asking.

One big thing that does drive me crazy is how to package a pin to have it shipped. The last pin I bough I paid an extra $100 to have it properly palleted. It arrived cling filmed to a pallet and the head must have been up against something and it rubbed through and took the decal off. I didn't complain but I was kinda pissed. At least it was on a pallet, but sandwich wrap does not count as properly palleted to me.

#16578 3 years ago

Thinking of shaking up my line up and moving a Sega The Lost World, Jurassic Park 2. Would trade +- cash or sell. It’s in nice shape, plays 100%, has the topper, LEDs.

1 week later
#16621 3 years ago

My JP2 is sold, thanks to everyone that had interest.

1 week later
#16740 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Funny how I couldn't sell my IM Premium last year for $8,800 with less than 30 plays
http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/iron-maiden-premium-sold.9940/

Am I missing something it looks like it sold in two days?

#16743 2 years ago
Quoted from luch:

it sold 6 months ago

Yes but he stated he couldn't sell it at $8800 and yet it sold immediately. Do people actually think two days and its time to reduce the price? I assume he meant it as sarcasm and the pin is as hot as ever.

2 weeks later
#16798 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I was telling my 15 year old son to start a pinball finders business, "Pinballfinder.ca". Basically you pay him a small fee to find collectors certain games. I think it would be a great business for a student. Also, it would be great for collectors when they want to sell a game, they wouldn't have to deal with all of the yahoos on Kijiji etc. I was thinking a 1% commission on the sale price of the game. You can find any game, if you know where to look.

Why would anyone do this for 1%?! That is what the majority of the hobby does everyday we all just maximize profit and/or enjoyment. If he wants to volunteer or do charity work there are much better options. If he wants to start a business he should have goals based on economics or at least education.

#16803 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I know a lot of people that would pay a couple hundo finders fee for an IM, Kiss or Elvira. It was only an idea to keep him busy. It takes a lot of effort to track down a game of choice.

My point was if he has the ability and puts in the work he should buy low sell high. Why would he charge 1%? Seems like you are just teaching him his time and energy do not have value. Why don’t you just stake him 5k to find the best pin he can. Teach him how to polish, shop and flip it.

1 week later
#16878 2 years ago

Man all this fuss over a $20 mod. The whole modding community is so weird in pinball. The guy bought some fans and offered to save people some time and not have to get them shipped from the US. Only in pinball will you see people blow $1000s on a topper and a hissy over a mod turf war with a loonies worth of profit.

3 weeks later
#17075 2 years ago

I haven't been following it but is the Canadian Border really gearing up to strike. I have seen a few ads trying to gather sympathy. I assume they have basically just had over a year to chill and get paid and they want to strike now? Does anyone know if they got hit finacially, I assume they were totally taken care of during the pandemic?

#17121 2 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Mandolorian Le NIB arriving very soon for me. Inbox me if interested in buying. 14k usd.

If you flipping NIB at least post the ad and pay the fee. I was going to post the quote from Full Metal Jacket…something about common courtesy.

#17148 2 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

What’s a Fire! sys11 worth nowadays? There’s one on FB marketplace my friend is going to look at tomorrow for $3500. I’m guessing that’s reasonable in today’s market?

I would take a look at that price for sure. If it’s in nice shape I would try and beat him up a little and buy it. There are just so few pins available at that price point.

1 week later
#17232 2 years ago

I find it amazing the difference I get from first call on shipping price to the last call. You kinda have to get past the bigger outfits. I always spend a few days and ask around and eventually you get the right office girl in a smaller depot that gets shit done. She knows what truck is going where and has couple of spare feet to get you on. I'll start at $350 plus taxes and by the end your like $140 all in, I'll just pay in advance right there on the phone.

1 week later
#17305 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

That's 3x more then I'd ever spend on a south park. Can't believe I turned one down for $1600 once. 5k is nuts but I get it for location. Theme will out earn newer sterns.

This is so true, this is a pure theme pin. If you a huge fan of South Park it might be ok, if not it's a dog.

2 weeks later
#17361 2 years ago

I can not believe they have been doing nothing for over a year and still collected a pay cheque and the first thing they do is stop collecting the tax that pays their salary. It's just insane, zero sympathy from me. They should lock them out and leave the border closed.

1 week later
#17442 2 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Gets worse every year. No longer a show, just a rules restricted waste of money tournament that has no goal to promote people to join.

I have actually been thinking about going to this event, what is it like for a guy that has no interest in tournament play?

What does show restrictions on all machines actually mean?

#17449 2 years ago

I've only been to the North West and Flip Out and both of them had much smaller tournament areas than the general floor and both of them the tournament area was kinda out of sight out of mind. Also maybe its just me but I would much prefer my machine in the general area, the aggressive play seems to take place in the tournaments. I've never seen one of the kids carrying the footstool cursing out a machine

P.S. Someone has to make like a kids backpack pinball footstool combo.

#17456 2 years ago

Personally I

Quoted from pins4life33:

Yes this show sounds horrible, we have expanded it from 75 machines in the first year to now looks to be over 250 machines over the four years, we have had it. We spend countless hours of preparing and making sure we have enough machines there in perfect order to make sure everyone has a great time. There are a ton of collectors out there including myself that sacrifice their investments for all of us to have a great time. We have added an extra day to the show and expanded to two arenas, the tournament machines in the one arena will be booked off for Thursday and Friday competition we open up the 13-29 banks to the public on Saturday and only banks 1-4 are reserved on Sunday so on Sunday only 16 out of 200 - 250 will be reserved on Saturday around 70 out of 250 will be reserved, even on the Thursday and Friday there should be 75 -100 machines available at all times in the free play area at all times which is more than some major shows I have went to in the US. I am sorry that we simplify can’t live up to your expectations I do this for free I am running a non profit show just trying to promote pinball and arcade because I enjoy so much. Most show do not even serve liquor amd our prices have never been in the $7 range, he’ll we don’t even charge that at Arkadium for alcohol and our prices at YEGPIN are even lower there. If there is a specialty beer we may get up to those prices but I believe there were in the $5 range. Negative comments like this make me pretty sad and deflated, I get it that we can’t please everyone but if you step back and look what we have and the effort that many people make to give you the show we have you might want to be a bit more tactful on how you present your position. We appreciate the support in the past and the passion you have for the hobby and we welcome constructive feedback but very disappointed with your position.

You mention 75-100 out of 200-250 restricted for tournament play. So you could have half the machines closed off. I guess as long as the tournament is running effectively and those machines are always in use it wouldn’t be noticeable or frustrating. If machines are sitting idle I can see why that would put people off. I wouldn’t take it as criticism just feedback. Maybe there is an opportunity to get idle pins open. It could be bullshit I have never been to the show but don’t take it personally.

2 months later
#17939 2 years ago

I am very curious what a Phantom is worth these days. It has always had its niche but its a DE and generally not that popular. Is the market crazy even on this genre of pin. It feels like the people driving the prices want DMD or newer.

#17979 2 years ago

Calling the DE a Pro tells you everything you need to know about this seller.

#18035 2 years ago

I’m already pretty much out of the market but 10k for a Pro is mental. It’s just so stupid they stop making a pin when they can’t find anymore buyers and suddenly people will pay a crazy premium. How can that last? It’s already bad for the hobby but you gotta think eventually these people will find the number for a distributor.

#18037 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Bad timing at least on my part. I only got into Pinball this year and when I found out the table that happens to be my favourite, Metallica, was in production up until just before I got into the hobby that did bum me out big time. I would have bought one NIB.
I ended up going with Iron Maiden pro instead and just after I got it someone offered me their Metallica Pro for $10k. I don't think I could see myself paying that much for the pro though, if I'm getting into 10k territory I may as well get a premium for a bit more.

Exactly the hobby is seeing very healthy growth and these pins may not have been available. That growth is going to balance out as the world gets back to normal. People that are in will just buy new they are not going to be paying a few thousand extra for pins that people are bored with or that are no longer earning on route.

3 weeks later
#18228 2 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

Good observation. I had to check on mine just now to make sure it's still red.

It’s a great feature of the site. Once you see it you stay on top of it. I admit though I didn’t realize it was a thing the first couple years.

#18271 2 years ago
Quoted from WW2GURU:

With the Abbotsford BC flooding, was Nitro affected? Haven’t heard a peep from them lately.

I don’t know about them personally but the warehouse/showroom should not be affected it’s not in the flats.

#18280 2 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Yes, Sumas warehouse was flooded.
Lost a bunch of WWLE’s
Tons of stock destroyed, Stern parts, toppers.
They are dealing with a lot there.

Do they have a second location, I didn't think there was any flooding as far west as Townline?

1 week later
#18357 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Me too, I’m surprised how many people are making a big deal about the backbox bubbling. It’s superficial, it doesn’t affect the game at all and is against the wall so you’ll never see it.

It’s probably superficial but I can I understand why it would make people nervous. It looks like some kind of water/moisture damage. Probably have better luck selling if you fixed it. People will nit pick and devalue a pin for far less.

#18360 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

That's like killing a fly with a sledgehammer. You run the risk of doing more harm than good over some bubbling on the outside of the game. Then, once you do repair it, there will be all kinds of nitpicking about why you repaired it in the first place, it's not original, etc.
I'll have to update the ad with photos of the undamaged interior.

Remove or tape up the labels, sand and paint it and no one would even notice. The way it is now it looks like the pin was backed up to a open window in a rain storm. It wouldn't bother me as it's an easy fix but I think a lot of the people buying these days are fairly new and not knowledgeable on the repair side yet.

#18416 2 years ago

How do we define a price check. To me it’s what would I be willing to pay for a pin plus or minus a little consideration for a super fan. Some people consider a price check what is the absolute max you can rip someone off. South Park at home is a dog I hear it earned well back in the day. If you a super fan it might be worth 4500. To your average pinhead it’s 3500 in and 3500 out a couple months later. Just for the stupidity of the current market you could bump the numbers an extra thousand. Eight grand for a fucking South Park who is paying that?

#18441 2 years ago
Quoted from cuebert:

Looking for MET Pro.. preferably in Ontario or driving distance anyway.

There is one on pinball for sale Canada Facebook but it’s in BC.

2 weeks later
#18576 2 years ago

I think hardtops are a great product and look fantastic but I don’t know if they justify collector quality pricing. I think most high end collectors want a traditional playfield. These days is price policing even a thing when the market is so volatile no one knows what anything is worth till it sells.

#18593 2 years ago

This price insanity is such a bummer. I don’t blame people for cashing in. It’s just crappy when a hobby moves out of your reach. The hobby is just wealthy collectors or people with more money than sense. I can’t imagine how much cash I would I need to have just in piles in my house for me to drop 10k on a TFTC. If I wiped my ass with hundreds I would still think that is 3 and a half months worth of ass wipe

#18745 2 years ago

The whole artificial rarity and constant pumping up the market is just so tedious. Met Premiums are not rare, or in any way hard to acquire. It was not so long ago we had to listen to the guy brag about how he was some kind of guru at finding pins. Pins that are commonplace in the market. Now those same pins are magically the last one you will ever see for sale. Even better the most loaded you will every find like no one will ever manage to acquire a set of pin stadiums, ColorDMD or a few LEDs. It's just so false and slimy, constantly trying to convince everyone that every pin is minimum 10k because that is the only way you will ever acquire it. People will always mix up their line up and they will always be pins available.

1 week later
#18916 2 years ago

I am actually finding more machines than ever available for sale. My searches used to only result in one or two crazy overpriced pins. Any other pins for sale were snatched up instantly. Now there a lots of crazy overpriced pins for sale. I have never seen so many premiums and LEs for sale. It amazing how many people are looking to sell in the 10-20K range.

2 weeks later
#19128 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

best to get the quote by phone .... via the website charges a lot more !

When it comes to depot to depot shipping I have always found if you can get the women in the office at the actual depot on the phone you will get a much better deal. They just always seem to the person that can get things done and knows what's up.

#19162 2 years ago

I guess the Price Police are like the force now, this invisible energy that surrounds us. They have gone like Obi-wan in his fight with Vader. What does it tell you when they are calling out the Price Police just by looking at the price and no one even has to make a single post.

2 weeks later
#19310 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

Won’t be like that for long. The sanctions put on Russia will effect EVERYONE!

Not sure if serious?

#19314 2 years ago

It's so sad that here in Canada it may affect our entertainment and the price of luxury toys, is just so unfair. I bet they didn't even consider the impact it would have on pinball when they tried to stop the death of thousands. Buddy of mine had to buy Vodka from Finland, the horror.

#19316 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

Wow! You took that to the wrong place! I think you are a special kind of stupid! I didn’t once say i think it’s wrong that they did it! I just said it will effect the whole economy!

Maybe trying rephrasing that the Russian invasion is the cause of the issue not the sanctions trying to stop it. It looks like you miss wrote what you meant. My over the top sarcastic response I thought would make it obvious that sometimes what one writes is not what one means. I didn't take it the wrong way you wrote it the wrong way. If pictures weren't disabled would have posted the "I am not sure if serious" meme to make it more clear I was giving you a hard time.

3 weeks later
#19440 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Last year, a gorgeous Shadow was $6-6.5K.

Unless you had an inside line on one from a social connection I don't think that is true. I think it was Aurich in combination with the SDTM guys and their fans but every casual person believes that The Shadow is worth 3K more than sanity. It has been on a completely unrealistic hype train for several years. I actually loved the radio show on late night radio, on reruns I am not a boomer. I have tried to get a Shadow for several years and I think it is one pin more than any other that is completely disconnected from reality. There is no justification for it's price or desirability, when there is enough believers out there it doesn't matter.

P.S. Gorgeous on a Shadow means Aurich translite and LEDs, the rest of the pin can be in need of complete restore and they are asking 7K telling you how its a steal and worth 10k.

#19452 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

All I can tell you is that I had one from a guy selling here, no connection to him, so no special pricing, and he was selling a gorgeous example, ColorDMD, etc., for $6500 CAD.
But we were in the thick of the pandemic, and I wasn't really up for going to get a game. I regret it now, but then, $6500 wasn't a steal of a deal.
I personally would never pay more than that price for a Shadow, but that's just me.

I must have missed that one, I normally look at everyone that that comes up.

1 month later
#19721 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I see the imperial system lots in Canada - construction is all imperial and meat is always sold in lbs. TVs are all in inches. All our scales are in lbs.
I personally don't care for metric but you have to know it.

Things like TV's and other products is just because of North American marketing which is predominantly for US consumers. If you think in imperial in Canada it is because you are old. If I asked my kids height or weight they would answer in cm and kilos. I can tell them in imperial but they are just converting in their heads to how they think which is metric. When it comes to food they would measure everything in grams and ml. The whole cup, spoon, ounce is nonsense to them. They don't even drink in ounces they don't by a 26 they buy a 750 and a shot is 50. Well I guess that would be a double.

#19723 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Depends on how your kids are brought up.
My son (16) cooks and does so interchangeably. He also builds in imperial and weighs in lbs. He uses his phone to convert.

Well my mine were brought up at public school they are in university now but imperial would fall heavily into boomerville to them. Imperial has a negative or inferior stigma associated with it.

#19726 1 year ago

I am a bit of both myself, I kind of mix and match. I'm a Software Engineer and Gen X so I fit the old demographic. I learned the stupid system before I learned the smart system. My opinion on how to measure something is not meant to be a judgment on anyone or how they raise their children. If your championing the imperial system I am going to think you took the short bus to school

2 months later
#20141 1 year ago

It's funny White Water was like one of the rare cases that it was reasonable comparatively to the rest of the market here on the west coast, before the pandemic anyway. There were several of them brought in on the containers so they were around. The container I was part of for my BSD I think had four White Waters in the $4500 US range. Sure they needed love but still a good buy.

2 months later
#20575 1 year ago
Quoted from JordanB:

The one on PinRev (and FB?) is insane. Pulled from a fire perhaps? The right side of the cab head is all burnt. It's a $3-4k example, pinflation be damned.

I had to take a peek and asking 8K for a pin that is burnt and you can't even be bothered to fix it. What has happened to this hobby that people think projects are with this kind of coin. Is a mint restored Dr Who even worth 8k? I miss the days when 10k was a joke, now that is asking price on run of the mill Stern Pro.

#20618 1 year ago

There can't be that many people just throwing money at pins. I believe the prices of the "market" as much as I believe the guys that bought all their pins back in the day and never paid more than triple digits.

1 month later
#21092 1 year ago

MET is a strange pin for me, it looks amazing, I don't mind Metallica but I'm not a big fan. I really enjoyed the pin early on but then it gets to a point that it gets kinda tedious, lot of chopping wood. It's in the 7K ball park in my mind. It's a modern Stern Pro and they made a pile of them. These days people seem to think if you can't find a pin in a weekend it's rare and demands a premium.

#21094 1 year ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

If anyone has a 7K Metallica Pro they would like to sell me let me know I will take it.

In my mind it's 7K, the market is another matter, I only wish I could control the market with my mind.

#21112 1 year ago

One thing I always try and keep in mind, everyone sees over priced for sale ads because they are posted for months. When a pin is posted at fair market or even reasonable inflated the ad is online for a few minutes and only gets seen by a couple of people. Those ads everyone sees everyday for months on their local Craigslist, Kijiji, Facebook do not reflect the market. I love when someone posts looking for some pin and people post there is one posted here, you know the guy it is just so sick of seeing that overpriced ad everyday in his searches.

Anyone looking for 6K color bombed Phantom of the Opera, I might even chip in just to not see that ad anymore.

3 weeks later
#21311 1 year ago
Quoted from guard:

Anyone up here 3d print the cooling towers for a DE Simpsons? I got a hold of the guy on Pinside that does them in California but I just know shipping is going to be stupid.

Do you have the STL file for them?

4 months later
#22334 1 year ago

Can we just get back to talking nonsense all these pins for sale at these prices is super depressing.

2 months later
#22917 11 months ago

The Adams is the only one that seems even remotely sane and by sane I mean really dumb. I have been trying to find a pin that I can put a lot of hours into as far as restoring. They are so hard to find and the time and money are a complete loss anyway so you justify it by ignoring that. You just say hey I got an Adams for 10K and it will be beautiful. All the extra cost hurts way less when you don't keep track and keep the pin.

2 weeks later
#23053 10 months ago

I just hit my usual filter on the marketplace, anywhere in Canada, Solid State and 8 of 15 are LEs. More than 50% it seems like by far the easist pins to aquire used are LEs. I can't even begin to think of why that is, it could be people buying to flip, do that many people get sucked in to FOMO? No doubt the whole LE thing works but I just don't get it.

#23060 10 months ago
Quoted from BMGfan:

With most luxury goods (and LEs are the most luxury of already luxury goods), you have to buy everything or most everything coming out to stay on "the list" to get an allocation.
Ferrari is the most well known for doing it, but all luxury goods dealers with more buyers than slots do it.

I understand the marketing and how they create the illusion. I just can’t believe it still works.

7 months later
#24306 3 months ago

Is that the steal of a deal, players condition but doesn't actually play and needs work, Shadow firm at over 6K?

#24317 3 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

It plays. Needs a CPU.

Just a flesh wound.

1 week later
#24369 87 days ago

There has been LW3 that needs a little work posted in Vancouver at 4K for weeks. A Cue ball wizard reduced to 3300 that hasn’t moved. A Freddy at 4400 that is open to offers. Prices are on the way down I see an usual number of pins posted and many of them reduced and nothing is moving.

1 week later
#24427 77 days ago
Quoted from roar:

Dang... that was mighty kind of you! On behalf of whomever grabs it, I appreciate you not flipping it.

I think it might be people are realizing the secondary market on LE is not as lucrative as it once was.

#24429 77 days ago
Quoted from ExportZ:

CGC price difference between SE and LE is almost negligible. If you are looking for a PF, the LE is the model to pick.

I feel the opposite,with PF being identical under the glass, extra money for the LE is just a complete waste I will always take function over fashion. I would always take a Stern premium over LE.

#24433 76 days ago
Quoted from Fytr:

What's a PF LE?

Pulp Fiction Bad Mother Fucker Edition, it the LE version of Pulp Fiction just has a different name. The version with a topper and a few other cosmetic bells and whistles.

2 weeks later
#24495 62 days ago

I am not a believer that your average Stern Pro appreciates in any way. During the covid frenzy and artificial rareness people went a little nuts. I think we are back to them coming off route to make space for the newer models that earn better. A new pro is about 8K (I do not pay peoples taxes) my top dollar would be less than that.

Disregard I got the price wrong.

#24506 62 days ago

My mistake I looked at the price online and didn't include the initial deposit of a grand. I converted 6K to CDN and it should have been 7K.

2 weeks later
#24550 48 days ago

If you want to powder coat rails all the power to you it's not like games didn't come stock with colors.

#24553 47 days ago
Quoted from Fytr:

"Rollercoaster Tycoon entered the chat..."

I was thinking of Phantom of the Opera, World Cup Soccer they are not powdercoated but they are gold color.

2 weeks later
#24622 29 days ago
Quoted from nd4spd:

Isn't that from Jul 2, 2022?

It is it looks like he posted it for sale for a few days a couple years ago then changed his mind. Instead of making a new post he just bumped the old one and said its for sale again.

2 weeks later
1 week later
#24796 5 days ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The Shadow knows!
Pm for details

Quoted from Tranquilize:

6k shipped. If you say no, I have friends who'll be stopping by.

I would go 6.5K shipped, if I had a friend close by it would be cash on the glass. I need my Pulp Fiction to arrive to end this temptation.

#24801 4 days ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

6.5k is a pretty rough Shadow. Mine is not.
Also, buyer pays shipping. Pretty much a universal.
I sold my other Shadow for 8k but that was 2022.

It’s just an offer but the frenzy of Covid is over.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell?tu=Darscot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.