(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Animal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1238 9 years ago
Quoted from violinfather:

Thinking of selling my TWD LE. It is a great game but really it is not a hit at all in my current one pin home. My family and even guests just don't get long enough ball times so that they can really enjoy it. Any idea about the hit I will take, if any, now that I have had it for a couple of weeks.

Hmmm, I would think that for a one pin home shorter ball times would be better?? Particularly if you have a couple of friends over to check out the new pin, you would want everyone cycling through a 2,3 or4 person game.

I only have 2 pins and when I have friends over I play speed ball (no ball traps) to keep it moving!!

#1240 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

They lower the price of LE's for you?

This is basic sales. If you have a hot title and the company/sales rep is having a good month/quarter/year then there will be little wiggle room. BUT, if there is inventory sitting around, the month sucked for sales, management want to boost sales for the rep, then things can happen. And then there is exchange rate...

I got a great price on my STLE at the beginning of this year, but the stars aligned for me. Buying used through here or on pinball revolution is the way to go: you save on the tax and on 8k that's 1k. Nice F'in discount if money matters to you!!!!

#1241 9 years ago
Quoted from jms121:

No ball traps,never thought of that,kinda like the one crystal ball mode in WOZ.That's very interesting,gotta try it.

Kinda like speed golf when you want to get in a 3.5 hour round. No practice swings!! ...but keep the JD flowing!!

ball trap = getting control of the ball by trapping it with an actuated flipper. Totally slows a game down - imperative when trying to get a good score, but something i avoid when playing with non-pinhead friends....

5 months later
#2332 8 years ago

I just picked up a TZ, Ontario pinheads may have seen it in Kijiji, pin was in Sudbury. Waited 4 years for a TZ, spent the day LEDing it and updating code.

5 months later
#3462 8 years ago

Im going to put my TZ up for sale soon. I just finished the topper for it. There are lots of great TZ toppers and when I got my machine I asked myself what is the perfect topper for this pin and I thought a replica of an old school TV playing real episodes of the Twilight Zone:

The episodes being played are the episodes that were the creative influence behind the art work and theme of the pinball machine. So talking tina is represented by the episode "The Living Doll", the cannon on the backglass is represented by one of the Civil War episodes "The Passerby", the Camera is inspired by the episode "A most unusual Camera" and the episode playing on my video is the ending of " The Monsters are due on Maple Street."

The TV housing was picked up on ebay, was soooo lucky to find a miniature sized "floor-model" and the videos are playing on a portable dvd player. Four episodes per DVD and 16 episodes are on 4 DVDs that I made up. As well, during the commercial breaks I inserted all 3 openings of the TV show since the are so cool. The toughest part was dremeling out a channel along the inside of the TV to centre the portable dvd player screen in the TV housing.

Ill have pics on here and Pinball Revolution when I have time to pull that together, its a beauty...

#3476 8 years ago

Twilight Zone Pinball for Sale, Oakville, Ontario

General Info:
· Playfield in excellent condition
· Plastics and ramps all great condition except 1 hidden plastic that has a crack, not visible
· Cabinet is in great shape, no fade as there are newer decals, 1 small crease near right flipper button and light scuff marks right backbox
· Backglass is perfect
· No damage to piano hole & a touch of wear slot machine hole, but still in excellent condition
· No mylar wear
· There are no errors at start up, game plays perfectly
· Playfield gets cleaned and waxed regularly

Mods & Upgrades:
· Twilight Zone Ultimate LED kit from Pinball Bulbs
· LED OCD for inserts
· Gumball Dazzler LED MOD from Pinball Pro Machine
· Interior side panels
· Camera
· Piano
· Upgraded clock plus upgraded 180 degree LEDs in clock for bright and no shadow display
· Bridge rectifier (game does NOT reset when both flippers pressed at same time)
· Plastic gumballs added
· New DMD matrix display
· Slot target is new and reinforced
· New foams behind targets
· New white rubber
· New Lockbar lever guide Assembly
· New flipper Super bands all flippers
· New Super bands on all posts
· DMD display Glare eliminator
· Chip upgrade 9.4h – most up-to-date (allows ball savers beyond ball one, Play lost in the mode anytime you want plus many other upgrades and fixes)
· Leg protectors
· Leg leveler urethane casters
· New Powerball
· Topper: one of a kind Vintage looking TV playing full episodes of The Twilight Zone (see video)
· Included are various manuals (operator, wpc schematics etc..) , extra bulbs, bridge rectifier & parts.

I've done allot of work on this pin. The LED kit I installed from Pinball Bulbs, Twilight Zone Ultimate LED kit ($248US) has changed the entire look of the game, looks like a new release - plus I installed the LED OCD for the inserts so the lights fade on/off, not blink. It currently sits beside my STLE (see pic) and it no longer pales in comparison, it looks like a newly released pin. As well, the back end of the playfield is no longer dark. The LED kit includes spot lights for the slings and a light strip in the back which I customized so the gumball area is red, the plastic ramps are blue and the metal ramp is lit up with a white LED and there is no light-strip reflection in the glass. Its a great effect. The high-end gumball dazzler ($144US) LED kit is a mini light show in the gumball machine and is tied into the programming of the pin. Ive been looking for a TZ for 10 years and this is the best looking and playing TZ Ive seen. With the new rubber and superbands on the posts and flippers, it plays fast! Ive completed the game-play, with high scores in the billions, time for a new pin in the house.

Price: $9,000
Trades: MMr or AC/DC Prem or LE

Link to pics: https://plus.google.com/collection/02fIGB
Link to Topper:

3 weeks later
#3607 8 years ago

Your sure not making money at 8,500k for an STLE. Tax in, I bought mine for a little over 9k. Then added another $250 in mods... Its not for sale, but Im just saying...

#3609 8 years ago

I don't think STLE was available in Canada NIB for 8k taxes in. That would have been 7k before taxes. Besides, its a 10k pin!

1 year later
3 years later
#13761 3 years ago

Looking to trade my Star trek LE, very Minty. Top of the list is JJP (except WOZ & Hobbit) and Stern JP, but interested in offers too...
Pics can be found through PR...

7 months later
#15764 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

shipped one a few weeks ago. $700 from Atlanta to my door in Oakville, On.
NIB from Michigan to my door was $100

Wow, who was the carrier??

4 months later
3 weeks later
#17247 2 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Keeping mandolorian le. Thanks for all the interest.

Dude, 14k US for a pin that you can order for much less now?? Why would anyone...not to mention that pinside is a community and price gouging is greedy, unlikable and uncool!

#17248 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Wow, 3 owners in as many months, must be a fun game...

Pin was in good shape for sure...sold now. I found it linnear with everything happening starting with spinning the Dr. Strange disc. Unlike JP for example where you
- go for the newton ball
- spell chaos
- go for raptor pen
- play the map

But, I must say I started playing better on JP while having AIQ?

#17252 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I'm really enjoying it Animal, thanks for taking good care of it About the only other path I've found on it is to chase the Soul Gem, that can be done independently from the Dr. Strange started events. You could chase Thor or Iron Man multi ball but those are best taken on during one of your Gem battles, so getting them queued up seems important. Still trying to figure out the drop targets and when to shoot them, but I'm less than a week in with plenty of time to figure my way through it.

Glad to hear it @roar!! Im a serial waxer...what can I say - I love to see a machine shine! Yep, Thor and Iron Man multiball are best played during a gem battle and Soul Gem is quite unique, on my best games I was getting 3/4 gems and then Thanos would steal one and I was like wtf when that first happened!!!

#17261 2 years ago
Quoted from vex:

AC/DC Premium 10,000 Some chipping in shooter

Do you mean paint chipping where they stupidly painted it, but did not mylar it? If so, I havent seen a machine that doesnt have this. it is fixable with paint and mylar, btw... Hope that helps...

#17280 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

There’s an Aerosmith on Regina Kijiji

Theres a guy in TOPL who is selling an Aerosmith. PM me if your still looking and Ill connect you.

#17283 2 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

I have Dialed in SE for trade, check my wishlist for trade considerations. Maybe others? (Ice cold beer)
Thanks

Hey mcuzz, I see you have a Royal Flush in your collection, let me know if you want to sell...

#17289 2 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

Sorry, thats my Dad’s.
Minto example, he is content with just 1 game.

No.worries, that one is THE ONE I remember from my youth...

#17297 2 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Back on the hunt, wtb South Park. Shipping ok.

There is a guy in Toronto listing a SP for 7,5k on Facebook...if he is more realistic with his pricing, may be worth investigating

#17299 2 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Thanks Animal, tried looking it up but not much luck. What is it listed under?

Here's a link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/310369809147909/permalink/1748340748684134/?sale_post_id=1748340748684134

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Animal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell?tu=Animal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.