(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,791 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 minutes ago by KnockerPTSD
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,791 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 496.
#4901 7 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Do any of you Calgary pinheads know of the ac/dc pro listed on kijiji? History, seller, condition?

I don't know anything about the pin, if you do grab it I have a set of the stock lightning bolts with LED towers. I grabbed a set of the pinbits bolts so I have no use for them. One of them has a crack but it's very hard to see the other two are perfect. Just looking to pass them on to someone that needs them.

#4902 7 years ago

I found out the acdc is at speeders prokart racing. Current high offer is 6k. I'd rather have a premium again then a pro model personally

#4903 7 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

I found out the acdc is at speeders prokart racing. Current high offer is 6k. I'd rather have a premium again then a pro model personally

So it's an 'auction' then eh?

Rob

#4904 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

6k for a routed acdc? Must be really nice with low plays.

#4905 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

6k for a routed acdc? Must be really nice with low plays.

You can find heavily modded huo's for 6k or less.

Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Looks like it. I made a offer and got a response that 6k was current high offer. Still too high imo.

#4906 7 years ago

a year or so ago, there was a new in box AC/DC pro for sale for 4500 in the Calgary area.. it ended up selling pretty quick, then a week later I see a 'newish' AC/DC Pro for sale with very low plays (like 20) for $5,500.

#4907 7 years ago

Hey Rob, have you downloaded the new code for your Metallica premium yet? If so, how is it?

#4908 7 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Hey Rob, have you downloaded the new code for your Metallica premium yet? If so, how is it?

Oh yeah, it's pretty good! Adding colordmd was the best addon I ever did for that game!

Rob

#4909 7 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Looks like it. I made a offer and got a response that 6k was current high offer. Still too high imo.

Certainly too high, especially if it's an older model with incandescent bulbs and the stationary bell. The premium is really the way to go with this game. I just keep hoping for another code update to add some balance to certain songs and hopefully make the lower playfield more lucrative (fun) to play.

Rob

#4910 7 years ago

Anyone want to contribute funds to buy that disco in Ontario to get it off kijiji

#4911 7 years ago

It's a better price than that 4500 power play!

#4912 7 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Anyone want to contribute funds to buy that disco in Ontario to get it off kijiji

that guy has been trying for about a year , It started at 800 now 700

#4913 7 years ago

Haven't seen that $5,000 Diamond Lady - with subwoofer! - in awhile.

#4914 7 years ago

For those wondering about current NIB Stern Pro pricing in Canada...

Starburst is offering pros for $6590+HST

Nitro offers at MSRP which is $6995+HST

For USA comparison, Cointaker is $4995 USD which works out to ~$6475+HST at the border

Happy hunting!

#4915 7 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

For those wondering about current NIB Stern Pro pricing in Canada...
Starburst is offering pros for $6590+HST
Nitro offers at MSRP which is $6995+HST
For USA comparison, Cointaker is $4995 USD which works out to ~$6475+HST at the border
Happy hunting!

This is incorrect. Nitro is required to list $6995 on our website as per Cineplex Starburst. They also list the same NIB pricing. In the US Cointaker is required to list $5495 US, which they do. I'd recommend clearing your post with all parties before advertising pricing on their behalf.

#4916 7 years ago

Cointaker is NOT permitted to ship games into Canada and cannot ship games to the border.
If you are from Canada, you MUST purchase your games from the Canadian Distributor.
This is per Stern's policy. Also, we have NEVER advertised a price of $4995.00. Our price is $5495.00.

#4917 7 years ago

This pricing scheme is such bullshit and it lets stern price fix their games.

#4918 7 years ago

No it doesn't. They just want them advertised at the same fixed price. In person or on phone all distributors can and probably will give you a better price.

#4919 7 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

Cointaker is NOT permitted to ship games into Canada and cannot ship games to the border.
If you are from Canada, you MUST purchase your games from the Canadian Distributor.
This is per Stern's policy. Also, we have NEVER advertised a price of $4995.00. Our price is $5495.00.

Not that I'm interested in buying, but I'm curious... you won't ship to a US address located near the border?

#4920 7 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Not that I'm interested in buying, but I'm curious... you won't ship to a US address located near the border?

If we are aware you are transporting into Canada, then we are not permitted to do so.

#4921 7 years ago

This pricing scheme is such bullshit and it lets stern price fix their games.

Stern sells their games to the distributors at whatever price they choose.
This "pricing scheme" is setup to protect the distributors, and should help them make a little cash on each sale, vs one of them selling at rock-bottom prices, driving all the others out of business.

Do I need to explain what happens when there's only 1 distributor selling these pins?

#4922 7 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

This is incorrect. Nitro is required to list $6995 on our website as per Cineplex Starburst. They also list the same NIB pricing. In the US Cointaker is required to list $5495 US, which they do. I'd recommend clearing your post with all parties before advertising pricing on their behalf.

Capt Obv says: Those weren't quotes from websites!

#4923 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Do I need to explain what happens when there's only 1 distributor selling these pins?

Then Stern should sell directly to Nitro and everyone else that wants to sell their products as long as they meet a minimum quota order.

Quoted from Chambahz:

This "pricing scheme" is setup to protect the distributors

Then the system is broken because currently you only have one distributor in Canada Starburst Cineplex. Talk about inviting in competition.

I don't see computer part manufacturers laying down the hammer on electronic shops that advertise their products cheaper than somewhere else. Sure resellers need to advertise the MSRP but the fact that you have to call is plain non-sense.

If someone wants to make $100 bucks profit and another $300 that's their choice to make.

#4924 7 years ago

The problem here (aside from the fact that this discussion should be in a different thread, not a fs thread) is the blurred lines of price fixing and advertising MSRP.

MSRP is what the manufacturer decides to be what the product is listed for. Whether the distributor's sell for that or less..... Or more.... Is up to them.

There are rules and stipulations on distribution outside boundary lines, especially when crossing an international border. This is a nasty area to discuss and a big can of worms with respect to warranty, safety standards, electrical etc (think Europe)

Then you get into the antitrust laws and price fixing. Which is illegal in practice, but very hard to prove in most commodities. The moment any distributor or reseller says they have the right to reprice, that argument is tossed. It is not the onus of the reseller to provide proof to you that they will discount, but rather they just have to say they do.

Buy 50 machines from any of these guys, I'm sure they will respond with some kind appreciation. Whether it be discounted games, or other products. This is where in the problem lies. You cannot prove anything and no one will really care until it's out of control.

Sorry for the rant, but buying retail will always be like this.

#4925 7 years ago

Who cares,any games for sale

#4926 7 years ago

Then Stern should sell directly to Nitro and everyone else that wants to sell their products as long as they meet a minimum quota order.

Then the system is broken because currently you only have one distributor in Canada Starburst Cineplex. Talk about inviting in competition.
I don't see computer part manufacturers laying down the hammer on electronic shops that advertise their products cheaper than somewhere else. Sure resellers need to advertise the MSRP but the fact that you have to call is plain non-sense.
If someone wants to make $100 bucks profit and another $300 that's their choice to make.

I have NO idea why Stern doesn't sell directly to Nitro, but there are many reasons this might be. Having enough capital for a letter of credit may be one of them. If it is, maybe Nitro will go direct in the future.

See... imagine Nitro bought directly from Stern, had cheap overhead, and sold pins for $100 over cost -or at cost, just to stick it to Starburst. If Starburst couldn't survive, and then shut their doors, our only distributor is in BC. That would suck.

Lastly, Starburst is still under price-pressure from the distributors in the US. Anytime I've received a quote from them, I've found it to be close enough to the US price that it's not worth making a run to the border. Keep in mind they likely have added costs that the US disturbs don't have. Currency exchange risk, probably added costs for shipping across the border... couldn't tell you what else, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were others. Volume is likely another. There's no way that Starburst sells more games than the largest US distributors, is there? I'd be surprised.

I'd say that Stern has to protect distributors with a minimum profit margin because they don't allow distribs to return inventory.
So if a distributor is only making $100 profit on a game, and they have to pay their overhead from that, they have to sell preorders only because there's no way they can afford a multi thousand dollar pin to sit, unsold.

#4927 7 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Who cares,any games for sale

+1

#4929 7 years ago

I think there are a couple as far as I know.. I have one, and Ed from Barenaked Ladies owns one. If you are ever in Calgary and want to give it a try you are welcome.

#4930 7 years ago

I know of a couple amg in the Toronto area.

Different style of game than I'm used to.

#4931 7 years ago
Quoted from zero:

I think there are a couple as far as I know.. I have one, and Ed from Barenaked Ladies owns one. If you are ever in Calgary and want to give it a try you are welcome.

Just played it at CAX for first time and fell in love with it. Really cool game imo

#4932 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Just played it at CAX for first time and fell in love with it. Really cool game imo

I've loved it since I first played it. Ben is currently coding some sub wizard modes that will only make it better!

#4933 7 years ago

Yep AMH is a solid game, RZ looks solid too hopefully both will be at Replay in a week ?.

Quoted from zero:

I've loved it since I first played it. Ben is currently coding some sub wizard modes that will only make it better!

#4934 7 years ago

Should any thought be given to closing this thread and starting a Canadian pinball discussion thread and a Canadian pinball sale thread? Not that I don't enjoy reading this stuff but I've been away for nearly two weeks. Get all excited cause there's nearly 30 new messages in the thread only to read zero sale ads. I like the discussion but I think sale ads or even people asking for specific games availability is getting lost and ignored in the clutter.

#4936 7 years ago

Have a RCT I'm considering selling just cleaned, new balls, rubbers, leds in gi, cliffy on the ramp, rebuilt flippers, nvram, new roms. Nice playfeild, $3200 canadian.

20160721_171505_(resized).jpg20160721_171505_(resized).jpg

20160721_171538_(resized).jpg20160721_171538_(resized).jpg

#4938 7 years ago

ST Pro for sale. It is very low plays (maybe 350?) and HUO as I'm the original owner.

I have added the following:

- Stern shaker motor
- Aurich translite and decals
- Black lollipop side armor
- Playfield support rails
- 2 far right enterprise insert led's replaced with cointaker spike LED so they are not dim (ST Pro seem to have this)
- Custom diffuser made for the warp ramp LED insert

The game works 100% and is absolutely clean. Cash and carry, pickup in Regina for $6000. I am not looking for trades.

Rob

20160724_211747_(resized).jpg20160724_211747_(resized).jpg

20160724_211248_(resized).jpg20160724_211248_(resized).jpg

20160724_211702_(resized).jpg20160724_211702_(resized).jpg

20160724_211637_(resized).jpg20160724_211637_(resized).jpg

20160724_211820_(resized).jpg20160724_211820_(resized).jpg

20160724_211515_(resized).jpg20160724_211515_(resized).jpg

#4939 7 years ago

I'm sure it's been said before, but which company we can trust ships a game from door to door? Ontario to Quebec in this case.

I called Same Day Worldwide, prices are very low but no insurance at all. Trustable?

Other names or references?

#4940 7 years ago

I was told by Sameday they would only ship company to company. Vitran and an auction through Uship seem like my only options now.

#4941 7 years ago

You got to hope that a disaster doesn't occur. AC/DC BIB LE met a bad fate that to this date. Day & Ross Transport won't discuss the details. I was involved in helping with the shipping at owners risk. My account was suspended, & still is. They dropped the shipping from billings when I said this situation was wrong. Shipped many pinball machines coast to coast, & a number of ones helping other pinball owners at cost. So it looks like I will never use them again, or Sameday.

Still don't know what the owner did, & every time the pin got moved from the accident site in Ontario. It got in worse shape, & is now a total loss. I tried to get accident info but came up empty. Even a search of company truck accidents don't show anything, which might be from using another company or contractor from Alberta to Ontario.

My advice for high priced pins is to check on your home insurance policy for your goods in transport, & upgrade if needed.

#4942 7 years ago

The whole thing sucked.
Sorry John for all the hassle it caused you to.
I still haven't heard from the owner,no idea what happened with it.

Best get insurance on the high priced games,if you can.

#4943 7 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

My advice for high priced pins is to check on your home insurance policy for your goods in transport, & upgrade if needed.

Cool, never knew that was an option, I'll have to look into that. Only option (I think) in PEI is Day & Ross or Uship. Day and Ross depot to depot shipping is quite cheap, but they refuse to insure. I've used them a couple times on the premise that the odds are so very slim that something would go wrong that the extra expense of insurance wasn't worth it. Last time I had a machine shipped, owner sent me pics of the Day & Ross contractor picking it up at his place (which I paid extra for). They picked it up in a pickup truck, no tailgate, no top. In the pouring rain. And discarded the pallet that the seller put it on for me (and I paid extra shipping fees for).

#4944 7 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:They picked it up in a pickup truck, no tailgate, no top. In the pouring rain. And discarded the pallet that the seller put it on for me

Ouch, you guys are not building my confidence here...

#4945 7 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Ouch, you guys are not building my confidence here...

Well, if it helps, the seller ran out and covered it in plastic, and it got here with a little scuffing damage on the bottom of the backbox, but nothing serious. But definitely find a way to get insured if shipping.

#4946 7 years ago

I need to make some room so I'm going to be listing some pins for sale soon. I will price them shortly and will also consider trades.

Anyone looking for any of the following:

Whirlwind
Jokerz!
Police Force
Paragon
Rancho
Card Whiz (2 player version of Royal Flush)
Force II

#4947 7 years ago

FS: Chicago Coin Super Flipper (1975) $250
This is the first video Pinball... Plays more like a dual paddle pong game. The logic board is TTL logic only, no cpu or roms. It has Pinball chimes..It uses numitron score display tubes (similar to nixie tubes). Uses a 25" b&w monitor. Cabinet is compact and only 45" deep when setup. Original manual included an dthere is a Schematic on ipdb.

See more info in ipdb:
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2432

Very cool little machine ... The game starts up but has a logic board problem - looks like the ball is moving way too fast from left to right. Game credits and starts up. All other components are working. Cabinet has a cool flying saucer theme. I spent some time replacing TTL chips but I have no more time to spend on this. Sell for $250 otherwise it gets converted to a virtual pin...or something else...
Pickup in Georgetown, ON. Thanks!

IMG_20160724_182240_(resized).jpgIMG_20160724_182240_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160724_182233_(resized).jpgIMG_20160724_182233_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160724_182245_(resized).jpgIMG_20160724_182245_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160724_182251_(resized).jpgIMG_20160724_182251_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160724_182257_(resized).jpgIMG_20160724_182257_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160724_182327_(resized).jpgIMG_20160724_182327_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160724_182333_(resized).jpgIMG_20160724_182333_(resized).jpg

#4948 7 years ago

FS: Restored Haunted House with Speech $3600 obo in Georgetown, ON

All 3 playfields clearcoated, new backglass, Speech mod & much more...

Kijiji ad:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?requestSource=b&adId=1184259184&siteLocale=en_CA

Video:

more pics:
https://goo.gl/photos/auWq1whxyhdxMGnYA

IMG_20160718_034838_(resized).jpgIMG_20160718_034838_(resized).jpg

#4949 7 years ago

I have a nice TS for trade / sale.... I'd rather trade it than sell it though. pm if interested...

- rebuilt all flippers
- new CPR upper PF
- all new mantis steel ramps
- all new plastic set
- all plastic protectors
- fully led'd with led star posts
- all new Titan clear rubbers

Photo_2016-07-22,_8_58_14_PM_(resized).jpgPhoto_2016-07-22,_8_58_14_PM_(resized).jpg Photo_2016-07-22,_8_59_01_PM_(resized).jpgPhoto_2016-07-22,_8_59_01_PM_(resized).jpg Photo_2016-07-22,_8_57_51_PM_(resized).jpgPhoto_2016-07-22,_8_57_51_PM_(resized).jpg

There are 24,791 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 496.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.