(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 497.
#4351 8 years ago

? How so 4k for a nice bsd seems to be where the market is at these days. There was just a nice JD for 4500 on this thread and nobody said anything and it seems to have sold.

#4352 8 years ago

My opinion is its a bit of a common machine. They seem to be available pretty regularly.
Not commenting on playability.

#4353 8 years ago

I'll try to be honest but somewhat helpful. I would never pay that much for that title. That said I did have one offered to me, couldn't be more than a month or two ago. Can't remember the exact price but it was in the $3000-$3500 range. So if this one is minty it might be a little high but not crazy. And he did say he's willing to deal so I'd gather he has it priced high enough for the kijiji slash. You know, where even if you priced it for a dollar someone would offer you fifty cents.

One other thing. I heard on the spooky pinball podcast that Charlie emery has some money to spend and can't find a Dracula. Us rate is good... He might jump at an import. Maybe a lead.

#4354 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

? How so 4k for a nice bsd seems to be where the market is at these days. There was just a nice JD for 4500 on this thread and nobody said anything and it seems to have sold.

surprised how much this pin has jumped ( I love mine ) seems like there aren't any low priced fun pins left , they are all up there . Not hacking the price , that's the way everything has gone .

#4355 8 years ago

I have a really nice Bram Stoker's Dracula for sale and as Pingod mentioned a few posts up I have it for sale on Kijiji Calgary.This is in really nice shape from the cabinet to the playfield,all LEDs top and bottom of the playfield and behind translight.Fully rebuilt flippers with assemblys and coils,mist multiball works awesome.I do have it listed for 4000.00$ Cad but I am willing to negotiate down from there and am open to trades.I am trying to do a local sale for now but I will see how it goes and go from there.I also have red lightning flippers that can be put on.PM me if interested.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#4356 8 years ago

How many draculas do you get for 4K? 1 or 2?

#4357 8 years ago

^Average selling price on Pinside for Dracula is 2800.00$ US which is 3700.00$ Canadian funds and that's for an average one,mines nicer than average plus I would take 3700.00$ for mine so that's about right I feel.

#4358 8 years ago
Quoted from jms121:

I have a really nice Bram Stoker's Dracula for sale and as Pingod mentioned a few posts up I have it for sale on Kijiji Calgary.This is in really nice shape from the cabinet to the playfield,all LEDs top and bottom of the playfield and behind translight.Fully rebuilt flippers with assemblys and coils,mist multiball works awesome.

That one looks very nice!

#4359 8 years ago
Quoted from jms121:

^Average selling price on Pinside for Dracula is 2800.00$ US which is 3700.00$ Canadian funds and that's for an average one,mines nicer than average plus I would take 3700.00$ for mine so that's about right I feel.

You need to find a better place to exchange money. Rates around 25% right now. That put you around 3300-3400. But I agree that one looks like an above average machine.

#4360 8 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

You need to find a better place to exchange money. Rates around 25% right now. That put you around 3300-3400. But I agree that one looks like an above average machine.

2800 USD is almost exactly 3700 CAD as of this minute. 1 USD is worth 1.32 CAD. 1 CAD is worth 0.76 USD. Percentages are relative, depending which way you are converting.

https://www.google.ca/search?espv=2&q=current+us+cad+exchange+rate&oq=current+us+cad+e&gs_l=serp.3.0.0j0i22i30l9.167522.169754.0.171031.16.11.0.0.0.0.339.1507.0j1j3j2.6.0....0...1c.1.64.serp..10.6.1507.IfeIJgsIj4o

#4361 8 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

2800 USD is almost exactly 3700 CAD as of this minute. 1 USD is worth 1.32 CAD. 1 CAD is worth 0.76 USD. Percentages are relative, depending which way you are converting.

And, you won't even be getting that unless you have a USD account or a no fee credit card or something else. Banks and exchange institutions usually tack on at least 2 cents on top of that. TDs rate is 1.3429 right now, where the "posted" rate is 1.32.

#4362 8 years ago

I personally parted out two Draculas years ago - you couldn't give that game away. Now it's somehow a sought after classic?

#4363 8 years ago

Dracula is one of those love it or hate it games,depends on which side of the fence you sit kinda like WOZ and many other games.

#4364 8 years ago

No one ever claimed it was a sought after classic...well except maybe you who had 2 for whatever reason; he said he had a really nice example and was willing to negotiate on price.

#4365 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

How many draculas do you get for 4K? 1 or 2?

<comment deleted by Pinside staff>

#4366 8 years ago
Quoted from Arena:

except maybe you who had 2 for whatever reason

I thought I was pretty clear on the reason - to part them out to help save better games.

Until recently, I didn't know of a single person who liked the game. It was firmly in the "hate it" camp with Popeye and Hurricane. Now it's suddenly a $4,000 machine.

#4367 8 years ago

Let's not turn it into one of those forums guys.

...and Price Police, why don't you try exercising your opinions to your wives and not publicly. People are going to stop using a great resource like this if we continue to publicly flog anyone who dares trying to sell a pinball machine through Pinside....come on.

#4368 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I personally parted out two Draculas years ago - you couldn't give that game away. Now it's somehow a sought after classic?

That's what you get. The moral of the story is to never ever ever let a pin go. Must hoard all teh pins.

#4369 8 years ago

Holy shit, and some of you wonder why this thread has been quiet for so long! If you don't like the price, or you don't like the game, shut up and go somewhere else. Nobody wants to hear your bullshit. Bunch of fucking whiners. If someone likes the game and is okay with the price, they will buy it. Does that define the market? No, but that game sold for that much and for the people involved it was worth that price. If it doesn't sell for that price, so be it. Either way, nobody wants to hear your whining over how "X isn't worth that much" or "I don't like that game so it's not worth that much". For a bunch of grown men, some of you sure sound like a bunch of whiny snot-nosed little kids.

180px-Funny-man-throwing-papers-air[1]_(resized).jpg180px-Funny-man-throwing-papers-air[1]_(resized).jpg

#4371 8 years ago

Wow all this talk for bsd?? I thought maybe we were talking ghostbusters or the hobbit.

#4372 8 years ago

My 2 cents...
I just bought a BSD for $4k. It's super nice and I know the seller well so it was worth it. To me. Maybe not others but I'm happy to own it and relative value to the market of many other games I think it's a fair price.

#4373 8 years ago

i would sell mine , only if i was grabbing this one . it looks minty !

#4374 8 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Holy shit, For a bunch of grown men, some of you sure sound like a bunch of whiny snot-nosed little kids

Calling people names for stating their opinion makes you sound like get off my lawn guy. If you don't want to read it don't follow the thread. People's opinions also help determine a fair value for a game you might be considering.
Jms, good luck with the sale man. Ask whatever you want. You only need 1 person to think it's a good deal.

#4375 8 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

If you don't want to read it don't follow the thread.

Well, he has a point in that the thread is titled 'Anybody in Canada Have Any Pins The Want to Sell?' , not 'Here's My Price For X Game, Please Critique It Thread'

Quoted from str8cash:

People's opinions also help determine a fair value for a game you might be considering.

This I don't agree with. Fair Value is determined between buyer and seller, and no one else. People's opinions are just that, opinions. They have no bearing on the market.

With that said, I will part with my routed TWD Pro for $7500, firm.

#4376 8 years ago

I'm just expressing surprise at the surge in value on the game. If people think it's worth $4K, all power to them. Wish I had hoarded more games back in the day is all.

Maybe BSD is worth more now because so many got parted out!

#4377 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Wish I had hoarded more games back in the day is all.

Wish I started collecting pins "back in the day". It's bloody expensive to start a pinball collection in this market and hard to justify. The market has gone even higher than I thought it could. Like most of us, I really enjoy the older classics but the value they're commanding is CRAZY right now! But what you going to do, the market is what it is and we can grumble all we like but it aint gonna help.

What I started doing is buying some real clunker, "B" pins and spend money on parts when I can afford to fix them to my standards. It also gives me an opportunity to play games that I would normally not pursue...that's actually been surprisingly fun. Rock for instance, a couple of newly placed strategic posts, upgraded sound roms and I've been having a blast with that game. I may even experiment with some vinyl decals to replace some of the horrible artwork...we'll see. Just saying that we have to find ways to be creative in this market or suck it up and pay the big bucks for games that everyone wants. Yesteryear is in the past. That sagging Loony may be good for the economy but it sucks for pin-heads.

#4378 8 years ago

Does anyone have a machine they'd be willing to part with? I'm primarily interested in a system11, or maybe a lesser sought after WPC. I'm open to project machines as well.

#4379 8 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Does anyone have a machine they'd be willing to part with? I'm primarily interested in a system11, or maybe a lesser sought after WPC. I'm open to project machines as well.

A nice sounding rfm popped up in Saskatoon about a hour ago. Cheaper then what I got mine for.

#4380 8 years ago

Looks good,decent price to.

#4381 8 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

A nice sounding rfm popped up in Saskatoon about a hour ago. Cheaper then what I got mine for.

Thanks for the headsup. As an owner of RFM what are your thoughts?

#4382 8 years ago

Anybody know anyone with a Gottlieb Operation Thunder? I'm interested in purchasing or possibly trading for one

#4383 8 years ago

It's definitely not for everyone. I've only had mine for about 2 weeks and still on the fence about it. I played swe1 when it first came out and hated it. I thought what the hell happend to pinball? So i was very hesitant to buy rfm. But it came from a friend who needed the space so I bought it. It's definitely unique in the short body, huge head on it and the video screen. Probably not a keeper for me. On a plus side my wife will actually play it and she hates pinball.

Quoted from shaub:

Thanks for the headsup. As an owner of RFM what are your thoughts?

#4384 8 years ago

Nothing to see here.

#4385 8 years ago

Damn, it looks like I missed out on the RFM. Man it's hard to be the first in line on a reasonably priced machine.

#4386 8 years ago

Hi, I am looking for a DMD project machine... Open to many titles as long as it is a Williams/Bally/Sega/Data East/Stern.

Thx

#4387 8 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

The rate is not 25%, not even close. Just so you are aware $0.75 doesn't mean 25% it equals 1/0.75 which equals 1.33. Therefore add 33% to the price. Plus the bank will take anywhere from 1.5-2.5% cut.

#4388 8 years ago

us_pricing_(resized).jpgus_pricing_(resized).jpg

#4389 8 years ago

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If the dollar starts coming back in our favour, will all these people buying high be willing to lose money when they decide to sell a machine that the exchange no longer dictates that much for it.

Will be interesting to see.

#4390 8 years ago

Still FS/FT RFM, F-14, RoadKings, Nip-It.

#4391 8 years ago

Project Joker Poker - $500 Shipped

(More if it's shipping past Ontario - depo to depo only)

A no board, no display joker poker. Head is garbage, but I have a Charlies Angels head in decent shape I can throw in so you can rig something together if you're going for a full restore / repaint (as you probably should).

I had planned to do a full restore with all the new CPR parts for this game, but I'm in the situation where I can't see me touching any projects in the next five years. Includes glass but no legs.

I forgot to grab under PF pics and will do so when I can. See pics. She's shot, but could live again.

IMG_9397_(resized).JPGIMG_9397_(resized).JPG

IMG_9401_(resized).JPGIMG_9401_(resized).JPG

IMG_9403_(resized).JPGIMG_9403_(resized).JPG

IMG_9404_(resized).JPGIMG_9404_(resized).JPG

IMG_9406_(resized).JPGIMG_9406_(resized).JPG

IMG_9407_(resized).JPGIMG_9407_(resized).JPG

IMG_9411_(resized).JPGIMG_9411_(resized).JPG

IMG_9412_(resized).JPGIMG_9412_(resized).JPG

IMG_9413_(resized).JPGIMG_9413_(resized).JPG

IMG_9414_(resized).JPGIMG_9414_(resized).JPG

IMG_9415_(resized).JPGIMG_9415_(resized).JPG

#4392 8 years ago

Strange ad on Kijiji tonight listed on AB pinballs.
Williams Indiana Jones posted asking price of $5990. If you beat his high score the OP would take a $1000.00 bucks off.
Game listed as players condition. Location High River. Had a picture of the owner and was legit as he had a few other things for sale.

Go back 10 minutes later and ad revised price $5900.00. Description- Lots of dings. If you want to know the history let me know. You are not getting a collectors piece.

Ad deleted about 20 minutes later. Anyone else see this? Did the guy have a few beers too many and change his mind?

#4393 8 years ago

What was his high score
I didn't see the ad myself.

#4394 8 years ago

No I didn't see it either

#4395 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I'm just expressing surprise at the surge in value on the game. If people think it's worth $4K, all power to them. Wish I had hoarded more games back in the day is all.
Maybe BSD is worth more now because so many got parted out!

No shit. Gone are the days when we bought Fish Tales for $1100 or STNG for $1600 at the Starburst Auction. I still wish I grabbed that CC NiB at Laniel for $4000k. I remember saying back then I'd never pay $4000 for pin. Wow times have changed...

I remember buying TFTC for $1000. Man I love the theme but hated that pin. I sold it for $1200. Look at the price now. Everyone seems to love it. I can't figure that out.

#4396 8 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

What was his high score
I didn't see the ad myself.

He did not post his high score. I am sure pingod could beat it!!

#4397 8 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

No shit. Gone are the days when we bought Fish Tales for $1100 or STNG for $1600 at the Starburst Auction. I still wish I grabbed that CC NiB at Laniel for $4000k. I remember saying back then I'd never pay $4000 for pin. Wow times have changed...
I remember buying TFTC for $1000. Man I love the theme but hated that pin. I sold it for $1200. Look at the price now. Everyone seems to love it. I can't figure that out.

At one of the last Starburst auctions there was a TSPP that went with no bids at $2600 - if I knew then what I know now . . .

#4398 8 years ago

I'm selling my Meteor. Freshly refurbed, looking for $1,500CDN. I'm in downtown Toronto.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-meteor-stern-1979-1988

#4399 8 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

At one of the last Starburst auctions there was a TSPP that went with no bids at $2600 - if I knew then what I know now . . .

I bought TSPP NiB when it was first released. The resale price dropped right after and it took me 10 yrs to get my money back. Seemed like nobody wanted that game. Figure that one out. It's now worth much more. Crazy.

#4400 8 years ago

What is the going rate for a TSPP in Canada these days?

There are 24,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 497.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.