(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,774 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Hershy
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,774 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 496.
#3701 8 years ago

I have a Tron Pro (Not for sale, sorry), and my 2 cents is... I wish I had an LE. I don't think the difference between the two is worth the price gap, but there is no world in which the Pro is better than the LE.

I personally think Eli's Ramp kit LOOKS better than the LE's ramp lights. I love the translight on my Pro...

But I WISH I had DP Multiball. When I settled on the Pro, I thought I'd likely never see DP Multiball, so it was a non issue. However, once you understand the rules, Portal is quite attainable, and the times I've made it there, I wished there was more to do.

So, In the end, if money doesn't matter LE > Pro for sure, However price-wise... Tron LE= Tron Pro + Congo + Jungle Queen. I know the math I went for!

#3702 8 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I have a Tron Pro (Not for sale, sorry), and my 2 cents is... I wish I had an LE. I don't think the difference between the two is worth the price gap, but there is no world in which the Pro is better than the LE.
I personally think Eli's Ramp kit LOOKS better than the LE's ramp lights. I love the translight on my Pro...
But I WISH I had DP Multiball. When I settled on the Pro, I thought I'd likely never see DP Multiball, so it was a non issue. However, once you understand the rules, Portal is quite attainable, and the times I've made it there, I wished there was more to do.
So, In the end, if money doesn't matter LE > Pro for sure, However price-wise... TRON LE= Tron Pro + Congo + Jungle Queen. I know the math I went for!

I agree with this whole heartedly. My explanation just didn't specify the costing.

#3703 8 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

So, In the end, if money doesn't matter LE > Pro for sure, However price-wise... TRON LE= Tron Pro + Congo + Jungle Queen. I know the math I went for!

I'll agree to some extent, there are some cases where I prefer the pro. I personally like Met Pro over the Met LE because the hammer seems to get in the way of the sparky shot from the right flipper. Maybe I was just used to playing the pro. Plus the hammer takes up too much space. Everything else the LE is better than pro.

#3704 8 years ago

Like the look of the LE in the tron . armor just shines

#3705 8 years ago

We currently have over 13 pins for sale in our Vancouver showroom starting at $1195 CAD. All pins have had full overhaul and come with warranty.
Shipping no problem.

John's Jukes, since 1979
Flippers.com
Facebook.com/flipperspinball

#3706 8 years ago
Quoted from Flippersdotcom:

We currently have over 13 pins for sale in our Vancouver showroom starting at $1195 CAD. All pins have had full overhaul and come with warranty.
Shipping no problem.
John's Jukes, since 1979
Flippers.com

Any Tron's?

#3707 8 years ago

Shipping no problem.
John's Jukes, since 1979
Flippers.com

How much you looking to get for that Williams Hot Shot?

#3708 8 years ago

hp.pnghp.png

JP up for grabs. 5% of sale price will be donated to Pinside. Need to make room! Will ship anywhere in Canada, buyer to pay shipping.

Pending Sale.

#3709 8 years ago
Quoted from luch:

Like the look of the LE in the tron . armor just shines

This makes no sense. You can just buy a chrome armor package for the pro and it won't cost 4K either.

#3710 8 years ago

Hi sadly no, people seem to hold on to their Trons we find. We did just get a STTNG in however which is a great game.

#3711 8 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

How much you looking to get for that Williams Hot Shot?

Sent you a PM, thanks.

#3712 8 years ago

Shipping no problem.
John's Jukes, since 1979
Flippers.com

Frank Thomas Big Hurt by chance?

#3713 8 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I have a Tron Pro (Not for sale, sorry), and my 2 cents is... I wish I had an LE.

I have the Pro and totally don't want the LE. I prefer the stand ups on the Pro. If I want bling, I think the lighted kit looks better on the Pro and I don't like chrome trim. It's a pain in the butt to keep clean. I think the lit blue armor offered by Pinball Refinery (I think) looks much better than the chrome.

Each to his own. Avengers, on the other hand, I think the LE is much better than the Pro even with the price difference.

#3714 8 years ago
Quoted from ballykissfan:

Frank Thomas Big Hurt by chance?

Not at this time. Current inventory at www.flippers.com

Thanks! #:^)

#3715 8 years ago

Shipping no problem.
John's Jukes, since 1979
Flippers.com

Is business that bad, you've now taken up posting your retail store on Pinside?

#3716 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSam:

Is business that bad, you've now taken up posting your retail store on Pinside?

Why not sell your merchandise through all the avenues you can? This brought his items to my attention because I don't live in BC. That's what a smart business person would do anyway. Pinball refinery and JJ sell their products on pinside too and they have a retail store

#3717 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Why not sell your merchandise and brought all the avenues you can? This brought his items to my attention because I don't live in BC. That's what a smart business person would do anyway.

His pins & parts are way overpriced. Everyone in the area knows this. I look here to buy from collectors and other pinball enthusiasts. If I want to buy retail I can shop at any number of locations.

#3718 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSam:

His pins & parts are way overpriced. Everyone in the area knows this. I look here to buy from collectors and other pinball enthusiasts. If I want to buy retail I can shop at any number of locations.

Fair enough

#3719 8 years ago

So I went on flippers dot com website.... And the games that are sold, the price is gone on them.... Why would you take the price off? It doesn't make sense to me.

#3720 8 years ago

Oh oh, please not another price policing, who should and shouldn't sell what where and there beef/fued/takeover??
If I was a business it's only smart to use free advertising and reach as many people as you can to promote your product. He might have something I want and will try and support a Canadian business before heading south of the border. I'm sure his markup isn't as high as the 35% exchange rate plus overpriced usps shipping we Canadians are all facing now.

#3721 8 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Oh oh, please not another price policing, who should and shouldn't sell what where and there beef/fued/takeover??
If I was a business it's only smart to use free advertising and reach as many people as you can to promote your product. He might have something I want and will try and support a Canadian business before heading south of the border. I'm sure his markup isn't as high as the 35% exchange rate plus overpriced usps shipping we Canadians are all facing now.

Yeah, let's get all the retailers in Canada to post on this thread! I'm sure Ciniplex would be thrilled to post here! Give me a break....

#3722 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSam:

Yeah, let's get all the retailers in Canada to post on this thread! I'm sure Ciniplex would be thrilled to post here!.

Wtf are you talking about?? A company or individual selling pinball machines and parts lists under a thread about selling pinball machines is a bad thing? How many of us would even know about them otherwise? Nuff said.

#3723 8 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Wtf are you talking about?? A company or individual selling pinball machines and parts lists under a thread about selling pinball machines is a bad thing? How many of us would even know about them otherwise? Nuff said.

Be careful what you wish for!

#3724 8 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Well....

He's not listing anything specific. All he did was spam the forum. It's sleazy.

This is a prime reason why Robin should really try and work something out with retail guys and keep them off threads like this.

#3725 8 years ago

For what its worth Johns Jukes is one of the good guys and gives freely to the hobby. Tech advice etc. He is an asset , especially on one off games or ones made by smaller companies. Ps i have a decent Bally Playboy for sale , located in Collingwood On. $2000 Good glass , decent playfield , average cabinet. Fully gone over , new rectifier board , new rubbers , new leg levellers , new playfield g.i. .

#3726 8 years ago

flippersdotcom responded to my post above with a VERY quick PM. Seems that he is on the level and is just trying to broaden the word of what he has available.

Nothing wrong with that.

Appreciate the speedy response.

#3727 8 years ago

John's warehouse finds are ones of legend.. NIB BK's!!

#3728 8 years ago
Quoted from Astill:

For what its worth Johns Jukes is one of the good guys and gives freely to the hobby. Tech advice etc. He is an asset , especially on one off games or ones made by smaller companies. Ps i have a decent Bally Playboy for sale , located in Collingwood On. $2000 Good glass , decent playfield , average cabinet. Fully gone over , new rectifier board , new rubbers , new leg levellers , new playfield g.i. .

Sorry to disagree. He's been spamming this thread and others for weeks now...that's hardly a good guy. What's more, he grossly overcharges for pins & repairs. If I want to find a retailer in any province, I can go on google.

#3729 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSam:

Sorry to disagree. He's been spamming this thread and others for weeks now...that's hardly a good guy. What's more, he grossly overcharges for pins & repairs. If I want to find a retailer in any province, I can go on google.

He's a Canadian, he sells pinballs, he posts in a "Anybody in Canada Have Any Pins They Want To Sell" thread. Hmm.. I don't see a problem.

#3730 8 years ago

You don't want to see him posting here, yet he's doing nothing wrong, and it would have been one post that got buried, but because you're a bunch of crybabies about it, and just HAVE to let everyone know how upset you are, it's now being dragged out and burying real posts that have to do with selling machines.

Seriously, is there something in the air? Why has this thread turned into such a gigantic circle jerk?

#3731 8 years ago

PinballSam... Have you ever met John in person? Been to his store? I think it is in poor taste, to badmouth him for saying he has stuff for sale. Is this not what this tread is about? And what he charges for machines, parts or repairs is up to him 100%. I have met John several times over the years and have done a lot of business with him and never ever had a problem. Just the other week I had a question and he took the time to help me with a repair over the phone!! This is the actions of a good person... your loss if you do not realize the benefits he brings to the Pinball community and Canadian Pinball EH! If you want to stir the pot and complain, go to a Hockey or Baseball site...

#3732 8 years ago

Guy's before you go wasting your time/bandwitdh, take a look at his history. Member on pinside less than two months, 14 posts in total (5 of which are in regards to John's Jukes). Ignore him. Either he's an ignorant newb or has an axe to grind. Either way, lets get back to what this thread is for.

#3733 8 years ago

I don't post here ever, due to the type of nonsense seen in the previous posts, but I have to defend John's Jukes. I have purchased 2 pins for him in the last 3 years.
They have worked like a charm every time I turn them on. They arrived over crated, which is way better than not enough.
I have been to his store in Vancouver 4 times now, and have seen the craftsmanship first hand. That is why I decided to buy there. I have purchased local (Winnipeg) in the past from a guy that "repairs" pinball "on the side", never worked right, and stopped powering up after 3 months.
But hey, It's a land of buyer beware!, so my error for being to hasty. Sent John the boards, he fixed it, and sold me the parts and crimper tool to change some ends on the connectors in the pin, that he said would need to be done based on how bad the pins on the board was.
Prices too high! based on what? compaired to what? If I need parts I always go to John first, if he does not have it then Playdium, as I believe in spending my money in Canada!
I have purchased from the US, and when I added it all up, did not save a thing, and waited longer for the product.
For all of you saying a business can't post here, I ask why not. If they have something to offer, that we can use, I would like to know about it. One post is not spam, it's info

#3734 8 years ago

John and his son are both outstanding members of our relatively small community. He is in a prime location near the heart of the city and this is not cheap. He stocks almost anything you need to fix the oldest to the newest machines and has been always helpful whether your buying from him or not. Let it go and lets move on to more positive discussions like what he has for sale

#3735 8 years ago

I have to stand up for Johns Jukes as well - he's a true asset to the hobby and has provided so much valuable input to our industry for many years. Definitely one of the good guys.

PinballSam: If you don't like his prices, don't buy - how difficult is that? There's absolutely no need to say the things you are saying - obviously you have something against John or his business. Why is it a crime to provide a service, and keep people employed in his business? Our hobby is far better off WITH him around.

#3736 8 years ago

When everyone comes together to shut down the bullshit:

Vtp71SX[1].gifVtp71SX[1].gif

#3737 8 years ago
Quoted from games_r_fun:

PinballSam... Have you ever met John in person? Been to his store? I think it is in poor taste, to badmouth him for saying he has stuff for sale. Is this not what this tread is about? And what he charges for machines, parts or repairs is up to him 100%. I have met John several times over the years and have done a lot of business with him and never ever had a problem. Just the other week I had a question and he took the time to help me with a repair over the phone!! This is the actions of a good person... your loss if you do not realize the benefits he brings to the Pinball community and Canadian Pinball EH! If you want to stir the pot and complain, go to a Hockey or Baseball site...

Yes, I have met John in person at his store. Unfortunately, the experience was not a good one. Many of my friends have been treated poorly as well. Regardless, I still don't think this is the correct forum to advertise a business. I prefer to read posts from fellow hobbyists.

#3738 8 years ago

I've been buying from John for 20 years and it has always gone well, plus he is a fountain of knowledge on pinball. He gets a pass from me for posting ads.

#3739 8 years ago

Big thanks to Astill for the TSPP plastic set. Great job packing. Also, thanks to Williampinball for the reply. Much appreciated. Nice to meet good people in the hobby.

#3740 8 years ago

Thanks tmick , i started william pinball in this hobby as well , also the guy above you fantasy goat was a vid collector , we met at the Humber College , pin and vid repair course in 1995.

#3741 8 years ago

Hello, thanks for the great feedback. John the owner has been on the forums for sometime but not all that active other than Rec.Games.Pinball where he has providing free advice for many years. We have this secondary id (created recently) for sales, marketing and customer service people in the shop. We had seen pages of comments recently (very few actual for sale ads) we just wanted to raise our hand and say BTW we do have some pins for sale. Our pins are all overhauled and come with warranty so pricing will be higher in some cases but many people appreciate this piece of mind and do like to buy that way. We in most cases as a rule in future will limit our posts to replying to WTB ads for certain games or parts. Thanks everyone!

#3742 8 years ago

Hi guys, I have a WH2O for trade. Looking for a fixer-upper CFTBL. Please PM me if you have a Creech and would like to trade. Not looking for HUO. I don't mind a putting in some work as long as the PF is in good shape. Willing to add $$$ depending on the condition.

Thanks!

#3743 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSam:

I still don't think this is the correct forum to advertise a business. I prefer to read posts from fellow hobbyists.

And if this thread was called "Sellers who Sam wants to hear from" that might actually matter.

But this thread is called "ANYBODY in Canada have any pins...", so it's completely reasonable for a business who sells pins to post in this thread. Especially since it was a simple, straight to the point post.

#3744 8 years ago

Pins for sale?
I got ya some pins...
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#3746 8 years ago

MAN , and to think i used to get excited when i saw there were new posts in this thread . Thinking there were new pins up for grabs ..wtf ..

#3747 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

John's warehouse finds are ones of legend.. NIB BK's!!

Yup, John's got some good stuff. I got this from John a bunch of years ago.
IMG_3290.jpgIMG_3290.jpg
IMG_3292.JPGIMG_3292.JPG
Still have it.......NIB BK.

QSS

#3748 8 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

MAN , and to think i used to get excited when i saw there were new posts in this thread . Thinking there were new pins up for grabs ..wtf ..

Tell me about it. This used to be my go-to thread, used to get so pumped to see new posts. Now I see new posts and think "Oh boy, I wonder who is mad at what price, or at which seller today..." WTF, indeed.

Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Still have it.......NIB BK.

That's sweet...!

#3750 8 years ago

you should have sold it to me

There are 24,774 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 496.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.