(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,638 posts
  • 702 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by cait001
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

There are 24,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 493.
#3551 8 years ago
Quoted from dangerdangerTILT:

It's just the Kingston guy (again).

run, run very far away !

#3552 8 years ago

Hey guys... I am just finishing up going over a Gottlieb wide body Roller Disco ... If anyone is interested in it, let me know... Need to make room for another project that's sitting in my garage...

Cheers,

#3553 8 years ago

Looking for a newer stern: (in London Ontario) met, st, got, twd, mustang, tron etc. also dracula, congo and maybe a fish tales. I can pick up. PM me and lets talk!

#3554 8 years ago

Looking for a possible trade: Prefer in Sask or AB.

DE Star Wars. Few new plastics and parts not installed. Under cabinet lights installed. Full LED. Works 100%

Cabinet has the usual wear for it's age except the left side must have been in the sun. Paint is cracked. Right side is really good. Play field is in average shape. Has cliffy's in the scoops. Small wear under the one pop bumper and a knick above one of the star wars letters. DMD has two lines out but they're the far left line and the very bottom line so basically unnoticeable unless you're looking for it. Would like a DMD from this era or newer.
IMG_2501.jpgIMG_2501.jpgIMG_2500.jpgIMG_2500.jpg
IMG_2499.jpgIMG_2499.jpgIMG_2498.jpgIMG_2498.jpgIMG_2495.jpgIMG_2495.jpg
IMG_2494.jpgIMG_2494.jpgIMG_2493.jpgIMG_2493.jpgIMG_2492.jpgIMG_2492.jpg

#3555 8 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Looking for a possible trade: Prefer in Sask or AB.
DE Star Wars. Few new plastics and parts not installed. Under cabinet lights installed. Full LED. Works 100%
Cabinet has the usual wear for it's age except the left side must have been in the sun. Paint is cracked. Right side is really good. Play field is in average shape. Has cliffy's in the scoops. Small wear under the one pop bumper and a knick above one of the Star Wars letters. DMD has two lines out but they're the far left line and the very bottom line so basically unnoticeable unless you're looking for it. Would like a DMD from this era or newer.
IMG_2501.jpg IMG_2500.jpg
IMG_2499.jpg IMG_2498.jpg IMG_2495.jpg
IMG_2494.jpg IMG_2493.jpg IMG_2492.jpg

OH... AND I HAVE THE NEW ROM TOO.

#3556 8 years ago

Hey Darwin, sad to see SW leaving the city.

#3557 8 years ago

Dang, wish I had the space. I'm not ready to give up any of my machines just yet

#3558 8 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Dang, wish I had the space. I'm not ready to give up any of my machines just yet

So the Star Trek Premium straight up trade isn't happening? LOL

#3559 8 years ago

Also... anyone have a Grand Lizard they're looking to part with? It was my first pin and I always thought if I got the chance to get a nice one back I'd consider it.

#3560 8 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

So the Star Trek Premium straight up trade isn't happening? LOL

LOL, nope. Judge Dredd would be about my only machine that would be a fair trade, and after getting a Pinsound board in it and doing a custom outrun/neo-80's/electronic soundtrack for it, I don't think I could let it go. Besides...

15702743650_8e516a95df_z[1].jpg15702743650_8e516a95df_z[1].jpg

#3561 8 years ago

Toying with the idea of trading my STTNG.
PM me if you're interested.

DSC02277.JPGDSC02277.JPG

#3562 8 years ago

lol.....that game didn't last long...

Quoted from schwarz:

Toying with the idea of trading my STTNG.
PM me if you're interested.
DSC02277.JPG

#3563 8 years ago

The problem with only having one is only having one.

#3564 8 years ago
Quoted from algrande:

lol.....that game didn't last long...

Ha you beat me to the same quote. Went over to the bar instead
pm sent.

#3565 8 years ago

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/calgary/stern-star-trek-le-pinball/1121720933?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Stle for sale in Calgary.
Not mine,just saw the ad.
I don't know who owns it either.

#3567 8 years ago

I'm thinking STLE is probably the first Stern that is going to fetch money like TronLE has, it's a pretty damn desirable machine at the moment.

#3568 8 years ago

Also, who's got a Tron LE they want to sell me?

#3569 8 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I'm thinking STLE is probably the first Stern that is going to fetch money like TronLE has, it's a pretty damn desirable machine at the moment.

Quoted from aeonblack:

Also, who's got a TRON LE they want to sell me?

I have both and think they are the greatest pins that Stern put out but I dont see them trending over 10k. Two STLE's sold within the month for around $8500. Tron LE is higher for some reason at about 10K-11K depending on mods and condition. I personally feel that they should be priced within $500 of each other since I wouldn't pick one over the other at around the 9K-9.5K mark. Just my $.02 as an owner.

#3570 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I have both and think they are the greatest pins that Stern put out but I dont see them trending over 10k. Two STLE's sold within the month for around $8500. TRON LE is higher for some reason at about 10K-11K depending on mods and condition. I personally feel that they should be priced within $500 of each other since I wouldn't pick one over the other at around the 9K-9.5K mark. Just my $.02 as an owner.

My thoughts on them are not that they are actually worth over 10k, but that because they are desirable, it is common place to see them going for that. For a while there, back when the dollar was closer to parity, it was not uncommon to see Tron LE go for 12k. To me that is crazy, but, it is what it is. If people like the machine and don't want to sell it, it takes higher and higher dollar amounts to get them to let it go, which is I think what we saw happen with Tron.

#3571 8 years ago

Its my STLE for sale. Never posted it here because I knew it would cause and didn't want to have to deal with price police. Since it has come up anyway:

Not making any apologies on the price. It is approx $7900 US, and I am negotiable. I also make no apologies for selling in US equvalent values. When I need to buy a new machine I will probably have to pay US prices, either for a new machine or to get the exact one I want. I'm not going to eat the exchange rate on purchase, and then ignore it when selling. I know that's what some Canadian buyers seem to want these days, and more power to them if they can find people willing to do that.

In the meantime, I am willing to accept trades. If someone wants to buy a NIB GotLE and trade me, I will do that. They are pretty close to equivalent in US dollar values. Also willing to trade for a TWD LE or a Premium plus cash.

#3572 8 years ago

Anybody near sooke have pins on route... I'm up here waiting on the surf to get big and would love to play some pinball ..

Thanks

Tj

#3573 8 years ago

Considering trading my HUO Star Trek pro (with or without Aurich's translite). Not interested in selling right now. I would be looking for a HUO Iron Man VE, HUO Spider-Man or a HUO Metallica pro.

#3574 8 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I would disagree with this completely. Although I would expect a STLE owner to try and pump the game up. Anyone that's played a STLE knows it looks great but the code sucks balls. It is desirable to a small handful of Star Trek fanatics maybe. Tron has excellent code, ST will never have the price increase Tron has had. Plus STLE has absolutely NO gameplay difference over the pro other then a VUK, I would take the pro any day over the LE. Tron LE has drop targets, the ramp lights, different/more callouts and music and an entire extra mode, daft punk multiball. Thus justifying the price difference from the pro.

That price on Kijiji is a rip off. A nice HUO STLE sold on Kijiji here not too long ago for $7500.

#3575 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

That price on Kijiji is a rip off. A nice HUO STLE sold on Kijiji here not too long ago for $7500.

As I mentioned above, it is mine. I feel I have priced it reasonably. STLE seems to be listing for around $8000.00 US here and on Mr. Pinball. Those are my comparables, so I think I am in the ballpark. Sorry you don't think it is worth it. But don't imply I am trying to rip anyone off. If someone doesn't want to buy it, they don't have to. If they can find one somewhere cheaper, then they should buy it.

Imo, anyone who sells a STLE at $7500.00 CDN in this market is either doing a buddy deal, is a saint, or a freaking idiot. Whoever bought it got a fantastic deal. If dollar was still at par I still wouldn't be selling it at that amount.

#3576 8 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Its my STLE for sale. Never posted it here because I knew it would cause and didn't want to have to deal with price police. Since it has come up anyway:
Not making any apologies on the price. It is approx $7900 US, and I am negotiable. I also make no apologies for selling in US equvalent values. When I need to buy a new machine I will probably have to pay US prices, either for a new machine or to get the exact one I want. I'm not going to eat the exchange rate on purchase, and then ignore it when selling. I know that's what some Canadian buyers seem to want these days, and more power to them if they can find people willing to do that.
In the meantime, I am willing to accept trades. If someone wants to buy a NIB GotLE and trade me, I will do that. They are pretty close to equivalent in US dollar values. Also willing to trade for a TWD LE or a Premium plus cash.

It's your game, sell it for whatever you want. I think it's pretty ignorant for people to get all worked up over pricing for newer games. Sure, when I see something like a CV with an outlandish price, that's one thing, but these games are a completely different beast.

I would disagree with this completely. Although I would expect a STLE owner to try and pump the game up. Anyone that's played a STLE knows it looks great but the code sucks balls. It is desirable to a small handful of Star Trek fanatics maybe. Tron has excellent code, ST will never have the price increase Tron has had. Plus STLE has absolutely NO gameplay difference over the pro other then a VUK, I would take the pro any day over the LE. TRON LE has drop targets, the ramp lights, different/more callouts and music and an entire extra mode, daft punk multiball. Thus justifying the price difference from the pro.

Quite frankly, I don't give a shit what STLE sells for, because I have absolutely zero intention of selling mine any time soon. It would take stern releasing an absolute knock out title for me to even consider it. I don't have issues with the code. If people do, then great, they can complain about it and hope for fixes, that's what pinside is for, but for me personally, it's fine and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. To say that ST is desirable to a small handful of fanatics, when talking about TRON (of all things), is pretty funny, but I won't judge you. I enjoy TNG and the JJ Abrams trek for different reasons, and I think it's a fun theme. It has a great light show, great audio, great shaker implementation, the modes are easy to understand yet still satisfying to play, and the layout isn't so confusing as to require too much explaining to any first time players. Any of my guests who have played the game have an immediate understanding of the theme (whether trekkies or not), which makes it easier for them to jump into.

I'm just saying that my *opinion* on why the price is so high is mainly due to desirability. If you disagree, that's fine.

#3577 8 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

As I mentioned above, it is mine. I feel I have priced it reasonably. STLE seems to be listing for around $8000.00 US here and on Mr. Pinball. Those are my comparables, so I think I am in the ballpark. Sorry you don't think it is worth it. But don't imply I am trying to rip anyone off. If someone doesn't want to buy it, they don't have to. If they can find one somewhere cheaper, then they should buy it.
Imo, anyone who sells a STLE at $7500.00 CDN in this market is either doing a buddy deal, is a saint, or a freaking idiot. Whoever bought it got a fantastic deal. If dollar was still at par I still wouldn't be selling it at that amount.

It's your machine and I sincerely hope you get what you want for it. The thing is with selling pins, you can be astronomically high on a price for 99.9% of the people looking to buy, but all you need is one guy to pull the trigger. Hope you find your trigger puller. GLWS.

#3578 8 years ago

Yeah I don't get the need for a stle either. Pro is all the game one needs. That being said I own an metle so what do I know lol

#3579 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

It's your machine and I sincerely hope you get what you want for it. The thing is with selling pins, you can be astronomically high on a price for 99.9% of the people looking to buy, but all you need is one guy to pull the trigger. Hope you find your trigger puller. GLWS.

True. I don't see the point of a Tron LE and wouldn't pay close to what people are asking for them. To each their own.

#3580 8 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

That's fine if it's yours, but if you want to come out and disclose it then you will have to put up with hearing about how crazy the price is. Now that being said, it is an absolute ridiculous price in this province because as stated above they usually go for $8000 out here, I know of at least three that went at that price recently. But maybe $10,500 is what it goes for in your province? I guess since you did disclose yourself in this thread "rip off" was a bit harsh, I apologize for that. A better way to phrase it would have been "taking advantage of the American dollar" which anyone would do I suppose.

Quoted from aeonblack:

Quite frankly, I don't give a shit what STLE sells for, because I have absolutely zero intention of selling mine any time soon. It would take stern releasing an absolute knock out title for me to even consider it. I don't have issues with the code. If people do, then great, they can complain about it and hope for fixes, that's what pinside is for, but for me personally, it's fine and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. To say that ST is desirable to a small handful of fanatics, when talking about TRON (of all things), is pretty funny, but I won't judge you. I enjoy TNG and the JJ Abrams trek for different reasons, and I think it's a fun theme. It has a great light show, great audio, great shaker implementation, the modes are easy to understand yet still satisfying to play, and the layout isn't so confusing as to require too much explaining to any first time players. Any of my guests who have played the game have an immediate understanding of the theme (whether trekkies or not), which makes it easier for them to jump into.
I'm just saying that my *opinion* on why the price is so high is mainly due to desirability. If you disagree, that's fine.

I'm glad you like your STLE, that's all that really matters is that you like it. What I don't like is people who own a said game, any game, and saying it is worth a ridiculous price now, especially when it's not, that's called price pumping and I hate price pumping. If someone wants to pay $10,500 for one great, power to them, someone probably will too. But to say it's desirable and will fetch more then a Tron LE is crazy. Like I said at least three sold for $8000 very recently here. I agree people who try the game for the first time and guests love it, ST is a awesome casual game so people playing it for short periods of time will fall in love with it. But once you get into the meat of ST or lack there of, you realize how boring and absolutely repetitive it really is, it could have been so much more with better code. That is just my opinion, although many share it. In the end all that matters is that YOU love it, it really doesn't matter what some jackass on pinside like me thinks about it

#3581 8 years ago

I remember that TWDLE that wouldn't sell here about 8 months ago, in AB too. Wasn't moving at $7k, a few months from nib and with low plays. My my have times changed over this year if people are able to get over $10k for a used pin.

#3582 8 years ago

That's fine if it's yours, but if you want to come out and disclose it then you will have to put up with hearing about how crazy the price is. Now that being said, it is an absolute ridiculous price in this province because as stated above they usually go for $8000 out here, I know of at least three that went at that price recently.

Yeah, in hindsight I should've kept my mouth shut. I find I like Pinside a lot better when I don't get involved in any sort of discussion, but as someone else posted about it I thought I would respond (its all your fault Dan ). I have anecdotal evidence that one went in Alberta for about $10k recently. Prices are generally higher out west given the lower supply. I guess I will find out.

A better way to phrase it would have been "taking advantage of the American dollar" which anyone would do I suppose.

I don't see it as taking advantage of it. It is just the market now. Tron LEs used to sell for 4k new. Are people selling them for 11k "taking advantage of the fact it is popular"? My plan is to probably buy a NIB GoT Premium with the proceeds. I don't think anyone is going to sell me one for 6500 CDN so I gotta do what I gotta do. If the dollar suddenly changes 15% or so, so will my price. Anyone who doesn't see that the change in dollar hasn't impacted the market is burying their heads in the sand imo. Personally I would rather do a trade, then the whole dollar thing doesn't matter too much anymore. If anyone wants to swap a TWD LE for it let me know.

#3583 8 years ago

On the good news side, the TSPP I had on Kijiji sold in less than 24 hours to a really nice couple who are just starting to build their pin collection. Poor bastards have no idea how fast they can multiply

#3584 8 years ago

With a NIB LE's (WOZ, GOT, KISS, TWD) running in the neighborhood of $12K once you factor in exchange, shipping and taxes (especially for our friends in EC), I would say it is in the ballpark for a game that is hard to find in WC, looks amazing and is fun to play. The only issue I see there are not a lot of collectors that are/will paying for these kind of titles (due to exchange), so lets all let the market dictate. I am sure if the buyer cannot get what he wants then he will simply keep it or lower his price. Let him be no reason to price police on here, if you can get a better deal then go get it, no reason IMO to trash on someones ad, after all we do want people to list machines don't we? This isn't the "only post cheap deals so I can buy them in Canada" thread... GLWS

#3585 8 years ago

I am lucky that I live in Vancouver. I have the option to sell pins in WA state for a 30+ percent lift. Ideally I wish they stayed in Canada.

#3586 8 years ago

List things for what you want, and at the end of the day people will either pay that price or they won't. It's not that big of a deal. If you don't think something is worth that cost, fine, but others might. The market will sort itself out.

#3587 8 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I remember that TWDLE that wouldn't sell here about 8 months ago, in AB too. Wasn't moving at $7k, a few months from nib and with low plays. My my have times changed over this year if people are able to get over $10k for a used pin.

Yeah but in TWD case it was solely due to code. ST code hasn't changed sadly

Quoted from paul_8788:

I don't see it as taking advantage of it. It is just the market now. Tron LEs used to sell for 4k new. Are people selling them for 11k "taking advantage of the fact it is popular"? My plan is to probably buy a NIB GoT Premium with the proceeds. I don't think anyone is going to sell me one for 6500 CDN so I gotta do what I gotta do. If the dollar suddenly changes 15% or so, so will my price. Anyone who doesn't see that the change in dollar hasn't impacted the market is burying their heads in the sand imo. Personally I would rather do a trade, then the whole dollar thing doesn't matter too much anymore. If anyone wants to swap a TWD LE for it let me know.

You make a good point here. I guess I just can't rap my head around a $10,500 STLE because out here the going rate seems to be $8000 even with the bad dollar. Sorry for the rant it really wasn't your price that set me off, it was the price pumping that did. I hope you get your $10,500 and your GOT premium.

#3588 8 years ago

I am in Calgary and saw the stle on kijiji. If anyone can find me one for $8k let me know, would love to have one for my collection.

#3589 8 years ago
Quoted from Haelryan:

I am in Calgary and saw the stle on kijiji. If anyone can find me one for $8k let me know, would love to have one for my collection.

I'll let you know the next time one pops up on Kijiji down here. Although they usually get sold within a few hours.

#3590 8 years ago

I guess thats kind of the point, if they are moving that quick they probably are worth a bit more. I have yet to see a newer stern le selling near the $8k C$ level in Alberta. Hope the seller gets what he wants but if he wants to let it go for less i am extremely interested.

#3591 8 years ago
Quoted from Haelryan:

I guess thats kind of the point, if they are moving that quick they probably are worth a bit more. I have yet to see a newer stern le selling near the $8k C$ level in Alberta. Hope the seller gets what he wants but if he wants to let it go for less i am extremely interested.

Yeah I guess things cost more in Alberta. Thank god you only have 5% tax instead of 13%, could you imagine

#3592 8 years ago

I might be convinced to let my original owner, HUO TRON:LE with ~400 plays on it go for $17,000.

I'll even throw in the cabinet mod and shaker.

#3593 8 years ago

I'll let you know the next time one pops up on Kijiji down here. Although they usually get sold within a few hours.

If it can sell within a few hours for 8k, I would say that it is listed at less than what the market deems to be a fair value. Name me any other industry where you can sell something for around 10k in a few hours...

#3594 8 years ago

Yeah but in TWD case it was solely due to code. ST code hasn't changed sadly

Could be for TWD back then. Though TWD was already on 2nd or 3rd code version at the time, and I was really enjoying it, among others. IMO, there was a lot of hate on pinside that colored the machine in a bad way for many people. And maybe people are far more impatient than I tend to think. Because everyone knew it was being coded by lyman who is a programming master. Just wait a bit as he codes it from the release. Lyman was a major factor in my TWD purchase thanks to this forum, and boy, has that ever worked out well, to put it mildly.

Quoted from paul_8788:

If anyone wants to swap a TWD LE for it let me know.

paul_8788, sorry but can't help you with my TWDLE. I don't see it ever leaving. For years and year at least. Reminds me of the pry dead hands quote. lol. GLW search.

#3595 8 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Could be for TWD back then. Though TWD was already on 2nd or 3rd code version at the time, and I was really enjoying it, among others. IMO, there was a lot of hate on pinside that colored the machine in a bad way for many people. And maybe people are far more impatient than I tend to think. Because everyone knew it was being coded by lyman who is a programming master. Just wait a bit as he codes it from the release. Lyman was a major factor in my TWD purchase thanks to this forum, and boy, has that ever worked out well, to put it mildly

lol, so true. I won't buy another nib stern unless I know Lyman is the coder.

#3596 8 years ago

Sorry Paul
The last STLE that sold in Edmonton went for 10,000.00 you are not to far off that price.

I'm sure if your game was in the US,it would be gone already.
Higher priced games are taking longer to sell as well.

Quoted from paul_8788:

Yeah, in hindsight I should've kept my mouth shut. I find I like Pinside a lot better when I don't get involved in any sort of discussion, but as someone else posted about it I thought I would respond (its all your fault Dan ). I have anecdotal evidence that one went in Alberta for about $10k recently. Prices are generally higher out west given the lower supply. I guess I will find out.

#3597 8 years ago

You make a good point here. I guess I just can't rap my head around a $10,500 STLE because out here the going rate seems to be $8000 even with the bad dollar. Sorry for the rant it really wasn't your price that set me off, it was the price pumping that did. I hope you get your $10,500 and your GOT premium.

No worries, and thanks.

Quoted from pingod:

Sorry Paul
The last STLE that sold in Edmonton went for 10,000.00 you are not to far off that price.
I'm sure if your game was in the US,it would be gone already.
Higher priced games are taking longer to sell as well.

lol, thanks Dan. Just giving you a hard time. I figure if it doesn't sell in the next couple weeks then no harm, I will just keep it. Still really like the game, just trying to move the ones I play the least to make room and cash for something else.

#3598 8 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

No worries, and thanks.

lol, thanks Dan. Just giving you a hard time. I figure if it doesn't sell in the next couple weeks then no harm, I will just keep it. Still really like the game, just trying to move the ones I play the least to make room and cash for something else.

I just looked at your collection and I don't blame you for letting STLE go first. I would too if I had your awesome collection.

#3599 8 years ago

same with me,need to sell to make room.
If one or two go out the same come in.

Anyone want to buy a mint MM,or AC/DC LE
I am looking to get a GOT LE as well.

#3600 8 years ago

Our Star Trek LE is not leaving our collection. So when anyone asks me if I am selling Star Trek LE I always answer with yes. $25,000

There are 24,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 493.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.