(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,844 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by pingod
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 497.
#3051 8 years ago

Awesome job looks better than when it rolled off the production floor not sure why he would need a professional opinion on that he should be happy you are willing to let it go

#3052 8 years ago

She's a beauty! Wanna do my WW next

#3053 8 years ago

Wow,super job on that Whirlwind,nicest one I've seen.

#3054 8 years ago

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, really appreciate it.

#3055 8 years ago

I think it looks like shit,Dave
I'll give you 2500.00 for it,lol

#3056 8 years ago

Throwing it out there,looking to buy a WHO dunnit,would buy from anywhere in Canada.

#3057 8 years ago

And she's gone, now I'm sad.

#3058 8 years ago

Thats why when I restored my ww I sold it to a buddy so I could go visit it great game!

#3059 8 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

And she's gone, now I'm sad.

I hope you get something nice to replace it.

#3060 8 years ago

I sure am.

#3061 8 years ago

I've got a Judge Dredd for sale in Ottawa. Big bang for the buck DMD

The game is essentially as I bought it. I've verified everything is working and played a few games. I checked the fuses to verify they are correct (replaced a few). Played a few games, cleaned the playfield a bit, but that's about it. My intention was to clean it up and enjoy it over the winter months. Plans have changed and I'm offering it as it sits. It will need a shop job and new rubbers.

The good
- playfield is very, very nice. This will clean up nicely and has a nice shine with the little bit I did.
- lower cabinet is exceptionally nice and bright. Very, very little fade on left side and you would only know by comparing to right side. No drill holes in front.
- DMD is strong
- game plays

Stuff to notice
- it will need a shop job. Expect to buy pinball rubbers and invest some time taking it apart. This is part of the fun and the reward is the job done. The game plays now, but it will play so much better with a shop job
- one of the flippers sticks occasionally. I think it's the right one. Definitely physical. Might be as simple as cleaning the linkages. Might need a few new parts. Nothing serious I think
- There is a line removed from the top of the traslite. I didn't see it when I bought the game and cann't believe I didn't see it before. It's at the top and you could cover it with water based paint and it wouldn't jump out at you. Worst case, buy a used or new translite. I've seen used translites for $50 or so.
- head has some scraps on the right and left side. My wife touched them up. It looks decent in person. You will notice them in the pics.

Pics are at:

http://s229.photobucket.com/user/tz_2084/library/Judge%20Dredd

I'm asking $2,500 CDN.

#3062 8 years ago

PM sent.

#3063 8 years ago

Who here is going to the Ottawa show this weekend? Anything for sale?

#3064 8 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Who here is going to the Ottawa show this weekend? Anything for sale?

Anything with "for sale" beside it is for sale.

http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18901&sid=b3a05843436a08be24f19d468098dc11

#3065 8 years ago

Any one have a WOZ that they are willing to let go? Shoot me a message with some details.

#3066 8 years ago

How much are wozs going for in Canada?

#3067 8 years ago

depends on which version of WOZ

#3068 8 years ago

Anyone have plastic protectors that will fit Williams legs for sale by chance?

#3069 8 years ago

My friend just sold his woz for $9500

#3070 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Anyone have plastic protectors that will fit Williams legs for sale by chance?

You want these from pinball life.

535-0599-00.jpg535-0599-00.jpg

#3071 8 years ago

Thanks Al my thoughts on PBL is that they are crooks with shipping. Just on principle I have a hard time wanting to buy their product as they rape me with overpriced shipping. Maybe if I can get a bulk order with other members I will get these.

#3072 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Thanks Al my thoughts on PBL is that they are crooks with shipping. Just on principle I have a hard time wanting to buy their product as they rape me with overpriced shipping. Maybe if I can get a bulk order with other members I will get these.

I love PBL, fedex overnight 41 bucks. If you have account with Fedex, GST only. If not, an extra $10. It's better to share the shipping with someone else for sure.

#3073 8 years ago
Quoted from algrande:

I love PBL, fedex overnight 41 bucks. If you have account with Fedex, GST only. If not, an extra $10. It's better to share the shipping with someone else for sure. you have account with Fedex, GST only. If not, an extra $10.

Quoted from algrande:

I love PBL, fedex overnight 41 bucks. If you have account with Fedex, GST only. If not, an extra $10. It's better to share the shipping with someone else for sure. you have account with Fedex, GST only. If not, an extra $10.

Well shipping US postal service is like $35 and I get people shipping stuff with a postal service label for items that small for $15. They want 100%+ mark up.

#3074 8 years ago

Looking to trade AC/DC Premium for Walking Dead LE or Metallica Premium. Let me know I might also be selling my WOZ and a few other machines.

#3075 8 years ago

My WOZ 75th cost me above $13k CDN in July. $9k US, figure out or crappy dollar, tax, brokerage, & shipping. It will be at the Ottawa Show for free play this weekend.

#3076 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

I always preferred PBL to Marco. I dread hitting that "outside the US" shipping button.

#3078 8 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

My WOZ 75th cost me above $13k CDN in July. $9k US, figure out or crappy dollar, tax, brokerage, & shipping. It will be at the Ottawa Show for free play this weekend.

Holy sh!t!

#3079 8 years ago

A big labowski is almost 15k canadian after shipping conversion from us and taxes. I just priced one out.

#3080 8 years ago

X-men le. Would you choose Magneto or Wolverine?

#3081 8 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

X-men le. Would you choose Magneto or Wolverine?

wolverine looks nicer with the blue and yellow

#3082 8 years ago

Makes you start to wonder I guess LOL. I still love pinball but it's getting harder and harder to justify.

decisions-decisions.jpgdecisions-decisions.jpg

#3083 8 years ago

Y

Quoted from flashinstinct:

Makes you start to wonder I guess LOL. I still love pinball but it's beginning harder and harder to justify.
decisions-decisions.jpg

Ya when you look at it from that light, really we should all be banging our heads good and hard against a concrete wall until we force ourselves into unconciousness. BUT!.....in 5 years, whats that piece of shit Hyundai going to be worth as opposed to a nice LE pin (not necesarrily GOT <I did use the caveat "nice">

#3084 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Y

Ya when you look at it from that light, really we should all be banging our heads good and hard agains a concrete wall until we force ourselves into unconciousness. BUT!.....in 5 years, whats that piece of shit Hyundai going to be worth as opposed to a nice LE pin (not necesarrily GOT <I did use the caveat "nice">

Very fair counter

#3085 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Makes you start to wonder I guess LOL. I still love pinball but it's beginning harder and harder to justify.

Good thing you didnt use The Hobbit or Lebowski in that pic! Difference would be even larger.

#3086 8 years ago

The biggest issue for me is justifying to the wife. Once you starting buying pins in the 5G+ range, you can never bitch about her spending ever again, you will look like an asshole After I got into this hobby, all of a sudden I find myself buying $500 Michael Kors bags everytime she asks for one for a Bday etc, and I don't say a word

#3087 8 years ago

There are a lot worse that Kors. Your lucky.

#3088 8 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

There are a lot worse that Kors. Your lucky.

Hear that man!

#3089 8 years ago

Yeah a Kors would be like an EM. Wait until you get into the DMD and LE of the purses!

#3090 8 years ago

Anybody in canada have any purses they want to sell?

:LOL:

I really am hoping for the dollar to get a bit easier to stomach, but I don't see it happening any time soon. Shame, because I really would like to get another new machine in the next year or so and at that price (the price of 3 high quality 90's dmd games), it's just a lot harder to justify. That being said, SOF, TOTAN and JD have all been collecting dust since I got my STLE, so the bells and whistles clearly matter hah. Maybe it's at this point that we're going to start seeing more people selling off older games in their collections to get newer ones?

#3091 8 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Maybe it's at this point that we're going to start seeing more people selling off older games in their collections to get newer ones?

Hopefully, I can't buy another machine if no one wants to sell some of the older ones.

#3092 8 years ago

Reading through this thread yesterday I noticed that 2 Canadian pinheads purchased really nice HUO WOZ's and were super pumped to get them, then promptly sold them in a few months. What's up with that? I am not a big fan of the theme and never played one, but the pin looks epic, what is the reason that pinheads cannot keep it in their collections... is it not a keeper? Does the WOZ music make you want to jump off a cliff?

Can former owners share their reasons for ejecting the WOZ?

#3093 8 years ago

I have a really nice Flintstones located right outside of Buffalo, NY for you guys around that area. Extremely clean example. Plays perfect and is nice!

Check out my ad.

Willing to drive into Canada to trade too. Looking for system 11s or Ballys of that era... OR will entertain other trades. Let me know what you have!

#3094 8 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

Reading through this thread yesterday I noticed that 2 Canadian pinheads purchased really nice HUO WOZ's and were super pumped to get them, then promptly sold them in a few months. What's up with that? I am not a big fan of the theme and never played one, but the pin looks epic, what is the reason that pinheads cannot keep it in their collections... is it not a keeper?

Seems like a good game, a lot of women like it so its an easy sell to the significant other. It was asked about price earlier and it also depends on the build date as well. Prior to Sept 2013 they had the 5V boards that blew often, I personally know a guy that went through 8 of them. The new boards are 7.5V buffered and seem to do the trick but occasionally fail as well. I'm not saying that its the cause of people giving up their WOZs but may be a contributing factor. I will most likely get one in the future.

#3095 8 years ago

Reading through this thread yesterday I noticed that 2 Canadian pinheads purchased really nice HUO WOZ's and were super pumped to get them, then promptly sold them in a few months. What's up with that?

Was I one of them? Mine was gone in about two months.

I really enjoyed the first 100 games or so (only one board blew in that time)... then it sat unplayed. I put it out on route, hearing how great it earned. Then I had boards going out. Sometimes multiples. Ball lock issues. Sculpted Trees falling off pop bumpers. It did not earn for me, and was a pain in the butt going to the location so much to fix so many issues.

I figured it would fair better in someones home, and had a trade deal done later in the day.

I hope the Hobbit has the kinks worked out, is more reliable, and is more to my liking.

#3096 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

How much are wozs going for in Canada?

I am priceless

#3097 8 years ago

Anyone have any circuit boards that will work in a taxi. Need every board but the sound. Also I need the the wood piece that the speakers mount in, below the back glass. Haven't even seen one of those.
Thanks

#3098 8 years ago

Good guy alert on glauses. Love my new game thanks a million.
Good price, great player, I'm very happy.

#3099 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Seems like a good game, a lot of women like it so its an easy sell to the significant other. It was asked about price earlier and it also depends on the build date as well. Prior to Sept 2013 they had the 5V boards that blew often, I personally know a guy that went through 8 of them. The new boards are 7.5V buffered and seem to do the trick but occasionally fail as well. I'm not saying that its the cause of people giving up their WOZs but may be a contributing factor. I will most likely get one in the future.

Reading through this thread yesterday I noticed that 2 Canadian pinheads purchased really nice HUO WOZ's and were super pumped to get them, then promptly sold them in a few months. What's up with that? I am not a big fan of the theme and never played one, but the pin looks epic, what is the reason that pinheads cannot keep it in their collections... is it not a keeper? Does the WOZ music make you want to jump off a cliff?

I got in at a great price, game had 15 plays on it. Its going nowhere soon. If I had to keep one, it would be WoZ.

Mine was built Sept 11 of all days, 2013. Has the 5V boards, I've had two light lock ups, turn off/on, its all good again. I did have a another issue I wasn't pleased about but its been resolved better than expected.

#3100 8 years ago

I tried to love WOZ and I couldn't. Music bad, game play gets boring quick. It is slow and the ball seems to float and bounce around forever... Even in the damn outlane... Waiting,,, waiting... Waiting. Drove me nuts. The game looks great but I still think STLE with all its bling (and the theme) is a much nicer game to look at too. The big screen on WOZ is nice but totally under utilized anyways. Add in the board issues and big question marks about service and WOZ is a STAY AWAY in my book. So glad it is gone. Haven't missed it since and my kids love Star Trek more anyways (faster and funner). $13,000 for that game is a sin ... 100% highway robbery!

There are 24,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 497.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/62 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.