(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 497.
#2951 8 years ago

Ouch

#2953 8 years ago
Quoted from Cam:

I just picked up a Paragon that needs board work or a new board, does anyone have a working -35 board (AS-2962-8)? Or know if I can buy a Alltek Ultimate MPU board from a Canadian vendor?

Try John's Juke's in Vancouver, IIRC he carries Alltek boards.

flippers.com

#2954 8 years ago
Quoted from Cam:

I just picked up a Paragon that needs board work or a new board, does anyone have a working -35 board (AS-2962-8)? Or know if I can buy a Alltek Ultimate MPU board from a Canadian vendor?

Just checked. We've got them in stock at Nitro. Contact [email protected]

#2955 8 years ago
Quoted from woz:

Try John's Juke's in Vancouver, IIRC he carries Alltek boards.
flippers.com

Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Just checked. We've got them in stock at Nitro. Contact [email protected]

Thanks guys! I've emailed Nitro and I'm about to look at Juke's online store.

#2956 8 years ago

We fix boards and also sell the altek boards. we are located just outside Calgary. Jay Richardson Pinball.
email [email protected]

#2957 8 years ago

I put my Medieval Madness up for sale in the market place.
Restored by Jay Richardson Pinball
HSA restored original playfield,everything new.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fs-restored-mmcc-playfieldcolordmd

#2958 8 years ago

I have a WHO dunnit that sadly needs to go. (The usual space issues. Room for 7 - have 8 - considering a 9th...)

This is definitely a players pin with insert wear and the usual seen on most of these. Having said that, it plays great.

Traveling right now - but will post photos and price info in about a week.

#2959 8 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

I have a WHO dunnit that sadly needs to go. (The usual space issues. Room for 7 - have 8 - considering a 9th...)
This is definitely a players pin with insert wear and the usual seen on most of these. Having said that, it plays great.

Looking forward to it and very interested. Let's talk!

#2960 8 years ago

Willing to consider trades on my player's condition T2. Not interested in selling right now.

These are the additions I have done:

LEDs (backbox, GI, inserts and flashers), LED strips, new skull, new hunter killer ship and scanning mod (Andy's), new glass, new plastics around the skull, new command centre plastic, NVRAM, new cabinet and backbox speakers.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/3buhtcygudhenv1/AABIYitSrGX5my8qgx68XP6_a

I am also still seeking a ST pro, Iron Man, Spider Man or maybe a Mettalica.

#2961 8 years ago

I am selling my Data East Star Trek and Williams No Good Gofers.

#2962 8 years ago

Looking for a Centaur ....Cabinet, boards or playfield condition doesn't matter.

#2963 8 years ago

Make your own cabinet,I know you can

#2964 8 years ago

Anyone in Canada want to let go of their spare Large Sega DMD display? Need one for my Batman Forever that I just got. I have a couple not great condition ones coming from overseas but would like a nice one.

#2965 8 years ago

Hey guys has anyone seen the Williams Indiana Jones that Bob at tps pinball in red deer has. Do you know the condition and is it worth the 6G he's asking thanks.

#2966 8 years ago

What would one of those 1934 Rockola World Series games be worth? Have a chance to look at one. It works but it's missing the "header" if you can call it that, and the cabinet is in pretty rough shape.

#2967 8 years ago
Quoted from Eagles77:

Hey guys has anyone seen the Williams Indiana Jones that Bob at tps pinball in red deer has. Do you know the condition and is it worth the 6G he's asking thanks.

You are probably better off asking Atariaction (the post right above yours) to see if he still has his for sale.

#2968 8 years ago

There is one for trade in London, ON. You can give that a shot. Atariaction's sold about a month ago.

http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/nice-ij-for-trade.3775/

#2969 8 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Anyone in Canada want to let go of their spare Large Sega DMD display?

There's an LCD conversion kit that supports those games, I'd recommend that over trying to find a working DMD.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-addams-family-poor-mans-color-dmd

#2970 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

There's an LCD conversion kit that supports those games, I'd recommend that over trying to find a working DMD.

I assume these are being made ready for plug and play though?

#2971 8 years ago

Hey guys thanks for the IJ info from down east I was hoping to find one locally with a possible trade option. Still have my batman forever to sell$3500 or trade, to many pins I like to list. I know Bob does take trades just never dealt with him so not sure of his machine quality.

#2972 8 years ago

Tread lightly .... His stuff is mostly crap .

#2973 8 years ago
Quoted from Eagles77:

Hey guys thanks for the IJ info from down east I was hoping to find one locally with a possible trade option. Still have my Batman Forever to sell$3500 or trade, to many pins I like to list. I know Bob does take trades just never dealt with him so not sure of his machine quality.

Glad to help our pinball brothers out west.

#2974 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Quoted from TBatti:

I assume these are being made ready for plug and play though?

I was aware of these but likely too technical for me to build but may entertain a plug and play option. Anyone doing this?

#2975 8 years ago

Nope, no plug and play with the DMD Extender, but the instructions for the big displays is pretty straightforward:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-addams-family-poor-mans-color-dmd/page/10#post-2237459

#2976 8 years ago

why when i dont post a price everyone goes nuts and when other do no one says a word dont you think all machines should have a price when posted here or else does it not matter and you guys are selective of who you attack and who you leave alone just my thoughts

#2977 8 years ago
Quoted from glauses:

dont you think all machines should have a price when posted here

Yes, they should all have a price posted.

On that note, I need player's quality machines destined for route. Hit me up with what you got. And they better have coin mechs!

#2978 8 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

Quoted from HoneyBadger:

I am selling my Data East Star Trek and Williams No Good Gofers.

Quoted from pingod:

I put my Medieval Madness up for sale in the market place.
Restored by Jay Richardson Pinball
HSA restored original playfield,everything new.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fs-restored-mmcc-playfieldcolordmd

#2979 8 years ago

To be fair, pingod linked a marketplace ad on his, you can go there to see the price. As far as whether or not a price should always be posted, <shrug>. I think it is nice idea, saves people from having to PM just to find out the price but doesn't really bother me if people don't.

#2980 8 years ago

Might be interested in a DE Star Wars. Eastern Canada if possible

Thanks!

#2981 8 years ago

Price should always be posted. But there is no sense arguing with people who don't frequent this thread and don't read through the posts. Anyone who does frequent it is pretty good about that stuff. We could all just post two pages worth of:

"ALL MACHINES LISTED ON HERE SHOULD BE LISTED WITH A PRICE AND WHETHER OR NOT THAT PRICE IS FIRM"

But, I don't think that will matter anyways. As paul said, *shrug*.

#2982 8 years ago
Quoted from Eagles77:

I had a quick look at it a few months ago: cabinet as some wood missing top laminate section of the plywood - largest was about a quarter in size. Fairly dirty, cabinet art didn't seem to be too faded.

Now I didn't look too closely at it, but those were the things that really jumped out. Expect to do some work on his machines (clean and replace parts) - he says they are looked over by his tech, but I can tell you the bare min is done to just make it "playable" (that means you can shot the ball, score some points and the ball drains - now if it scores as it should and nothing is broken and everything works, bonus). Remember he charges retail (plus GST on top of that).

#2983 8 years ago

Glauses maybe you should read my ad before you slam me,I am probably one of the easiest guys to deal with on here.
You want info ask,I will tell you.

#2984 8 years ago
Quoted from glauses:

why when i dont post a price everyone goes nuts and when other do no one says a word dont you think all machines should have a price when posted here or else does it not matter and you guys are selective of who you attack and who you leave alone just my thoughts

Because when you don't post a price it turns into an auction sale. Most of the time when people do this it is because they want people to fight over it and bid higher and higher. So when someone offers you $4000 you can say, I have an offer higher then that, to play each potential buyer against each other. It's generally done to try and get top dollar out of a machine. I hate auction style sales.

#2985 8 years ago

Anyone looking to part with, or know where there is one, looking for a Tales of the Arabian Nights. The closer to CQ the better. Shipping is not an issue.

Thanks in advance.

#2986 8 years ago

Sold mine,but I have a Totan gold playfield for sale for it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/22823

#2987 8 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Anyone looking to part with, or know where there is one, looking for a Tales of the Arabian Nights. The closer to CQ the better. Shipping is not an issue.
Thanks in advance.

Want a HUO?

#2989 8 years ago

T2 is gone. No longer looking for a Star Trek pro.

#2990 8 years ago

sorry pingod did not mean to slam you i apologize as you did post the link to your add with the price

#2991 8 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Thanks in advance.

There's a TOTAN listed on maaca.

http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19110

#2992 8 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

There's a TOTAN listed on maaca.

I did see that on pin rev, but I think his asking price is a little high for a TotAN with play field wear.

#2993 8 years ago
Quoted from glauses:

sorry pingod did not mean to slam you i apologize as you did post the link to your add with the price

Your forgiven

#2994 8 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I did see that on pin rev, but I think his asking price is a little high for a TotAN with play field wear.

He posted 6 highly desirable games, in a market where hobbyists are foaming at their mouths for top end games, and none have sold in nearly two weeks, AFAIK. That should tell everyone something about the prices.

#2995 8 years ago

Thats the problem with the market right now, to buy anything else youd need to get the full exchanged value, but no one wants to pay the full exchanged value yet to buy the game.

#2996 8 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Thats the problem with the market right now, to buy anything else youd need to get the full exchanged value, but no one wants to pay the full exchanged value yet to buy the game.

Ding ding ding...we have a winner

P.S. It only going to get worst before it gets better.

#2997 8 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Some of us still price things fairly!

My route is ready to expand, but the prices are out of control for used stuff. I might as well take a trailer to go see Red Deere Bob. Prices are comparable ... and that's sad.

#2998 8 years ago

Me every time I buy a new pin:

IClTkRd[1].gifIClTkRd[1].gif

Honestly, this is an expensive hobby, and even more so because we live in a country that doesn't have a ton of machines floating around to saturate the market. Add in the crap exchange rate and it's worsened. We can piss and moan about it, but none of us are going to undervalue our machines, because very few of us got "good" deals on them. Even those of us with a few machines, who can trade them once we want something new, you still have to pay that initial "entrance fee". When I had 1 pin, it always felt so daunting to get something new. Now that I have a few, I can think "hmmm, would I like X more than I like my Y?" and try to work it into a trade.

But, the thing I find interesting about pinball is that no one in this hobby seems to value time played/time spent working on a machine (despite them being machines originally intended to do just that...). What I mean is that if you're willing to, say, spend 30 bucks going to the movie theater (lol, talk about undervalue!) and you get ~2 hours out of that, you need to spend around 200 hours to "get your money's worth" out of $3k machine (did I just correctly math? Whatever.). I doubt I'll hit that with most of my machines, but, the point is, I can still count the enjoyment I'm getting out of something towards the purchase price, which is why I'm okay with taking a bit of a hit when I sell it (and I suspect it's the same reason most people are okay with that).

#2999 8 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Me every time I buy a new pin:
IClTkRd[1].gif
Honestly, this is an expensive hobby, and even more so because we live in a country that doesn't have a ton of machines floating around to saturate the market. Add in the crap exchange rate and it's worsened. We can piss and moan about it, but none of us are going to undervalue our machines, because very few of us got "good" deals on them. Even those of us with a few machines, who can trade them once we want something new, you still have to pay that initial "entrance fee". When I had 1 pin, it always felt so daunting to get something new. Now that I have a few, I can think "hmmm, would I like X more than I like my Y?" and try to work it into a trade.
But, the thing I find interesting about pinball is that no one in this hobby seems to value time played/time spent working on a machine (despite them being machines originally intended to do just that...). What I mean is that if you're willing to, say, spend 30 bucks going to the movie theater (lol, talk about undervalue!) and you get ~2 hours out of that, you need to spend around 200 hours to "get your money's worth" out of $3k machine (did I just correctly math? Whatever.). I doubt I'll hit that with most of my machines, but, the point is, I can still count the enjoyment I'm getting out of something towards the purchase price, which is why I'm okay with taking a bit of a hit when I sell it (and I suspect it's the same reason most people are okay with that).

There are worse and more expensive hobbies to get into. Pinball is actually not that bad when you consider that they tend to keep their value. You can buy 10 pins with a $100K loan from the bank. Interest would be say $2.5-$3K for the year. You can sell the pins after one year and most likely get $100k back. Total cost is say $3k. Consider just one vacation for a family of 5 and you can lose $15k easily.

#3000 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

There are worse and more expensive hobbies to get into. Pinball is actually not that bad when you consider that they tend to keep their value. You can buy 10 pins with a $100K loan from the bank. Interest would be say $2.5-$3K for the year. You can sell the pins after one year and most likely get $100k back. Total cost is say $3k. Consider just one vacation for a family of 5 and you can lose $15k easily.

Take me on vacation =D

There are 24,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 497.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/60 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.