(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12,282 posts
  • 495 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by luch
  • Topic is favorited by 293 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,237 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

There are 12282 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 246.
#2551 4 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I called Michel in MTL the other day to get a price

I've been dealing with Michel from Starburst for years now and only have the greatest respect for him. He's always been straight, honest and courteous. At the end of the day he doesn't need to "act stupid" he runs a business not a charity and needs to bring in the numbers. Based on your posts it is clear you were just wasting his time, then came on here and trashed the guy... not good

#2552 4 years ago

I wasn't wasting is time but when he flats out tells me that an IMVE is worth $4K CDN I can't help but not take him serisouly and then for him to flag the flaw in the pinball guide has proof and then to acknowledge that he knows their is a mistake....well....I guess everyone can look at the picture differently....

I'll agree with you that Michel is an easy guy to talk to, that is curteous etc... Don't get me wrong I don't mean to drown the guy but don't take me for an idiot.

#2553 4 years ago

I can see the point that retailers have overhead.
When I went to pick up my Higj Speed I saw the massive amount of torn down pins on site.
My tech buddy asked if they would sell him one for a project he got a very fast flat out NO. They go out the door rehabbed by them or not at all.
What are they going to do with 4+ F14s? Sell one for a project and keep them coming back for the parts they may need...

#2554 4 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

I've been dealing with Michel from Starburst for years now and only have the greatest respect for him. He's always been straight, honest and courteous. At the end of the day he doesn't need to "act stupid" he runs a business not a charity and needs to bring in the numbers. Based on your posts it is clear you were just wasting his time, then came on here and trashed the guy... not good

Michel at starburst Montreal is a total knob and I would never deal with him again.

#2555 4 years ago

I do appreciate that retailers have overhead and have to make a profit - and I am all for capitalism. But it's a tough sell when based on experience (at least my fairly limited experiences to date) non-NIB quality and price are consistenty superior when buying from private collectors. I would pay an extra $1 for bulbs. But I won't shell out an extra $1K for a pin.

#2556 4 years ago

I wasn't wasting is time but when he flats out tells me that an IMVE is worth $4K CDN

I'll give you $4001

#2557 4 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Michel at starburst Montreal is a total knob and I would never deal with him again.

Feel better now ?

#2558 4 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

Feel better now ?

Yes very. But I'm sure most people already know he's a knob.

#2559 4 years ago

I was curious to see what kind of price he would give me and believe me when I say this "No pinhead / informed individual" in their right mind would have taken that offer. Let's put it this way they would have taken my IMVE with 457 plays on it and I would have had to give them more than $2K for a NIB TWD. I almost fell off my chair when I saw the numbers.

When you work the numbers, that really isn't THAT far off for a big retailer.

Think about it using basic non-negotiated numbers.

NIB TWD - $6495 + tax = 7339.35 (using 13% HST)

You say "more than" 2K, but let's round that off at 2k flat.

7339.35 - 2000 = 5339.35

This means, the trade value pre-tax was ~ $4725

If they want to turn around and list the game in their showroom, it is now a "used" machine. As a business that supports both new and experience buyers, they can't ask NIB pricing on it, so let's call it $5995 asking price

Anybody, new or experience will try to get a discount.

The $1200 markup from your trade to their sales floor comes at a cost

Paying employees
Paying utilities
Storage Space
The opportunity cost of having one other pin on site
etc.

While those costs, and other may be a small part of it, think about them making even $1000 "profit" on final sale. The costs of making that sale, whether they have the game for a day or a year are MUCH higher than the avg collector and private seller would incur.

#2560 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I'll give you $4001

$4005

and I'll store it at superpinballs place rent free

#2561 4 years ago

I'll give you $4001

Quoted from Meegis:

$4005
and I'll store it at superpinballs place rent free

"Bob Barker"...."And the actually retail price is....."

#2562 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

You say "more than" 2K, but let's round that off at 2k flat.

This ^^^^^^ makes your post irrelevant. If you want to post and calculate exact numbers down to the pennies and tax, then GET the actual numbers. Not "but let's round that off to 2k flat" what if more then 2K meant $2800?

#2563 4 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

what if more then 2K meant $2800?

what if a cat barked, then it would be a dog.

#2564 4 years ago

what if a cat barked, then it would be a dog.

If you want to post exact figures then get the exact figures. Not, well let's drop the figure to this to suit my calculation. it's simple whether it's your "buddy" or not

#2565 4 years ago

Number was a lot closer to $2500..just so I don't have to hear about this meow / bark stuff LOL. The game is listed in the Pinball guide for $5600US. You guys do the math (and yes I know that number can be up or down depending on certain factors).

#2566 4 years ago

Number was a lot closer to $2500..just so I don't have to hear about this meow / bark stuff LOL.

With his "complex calculation" that brings your trade in value to nearly exactly what you stated initially. This was my point. Use the real numbers not numbers to suit your needs. Flashinstinct isn't stupid, he knows what the numbers are and what he was offered. He doesn't need your "help" to understand it.

#2567 4 years ago

Number was a lot closer to $2500..just so I don't have to hear about this meow / bark stuff LOL.

Good now we have the exact number, but for the record I fully understand Meegis' point. Starburst has to make a profit and they are not going to give anyone top dollar. Maybe it was a low ball initial offer who knows but I think we can all agree that if you want top dollar, post listing here, Macca, Pinball Rev, or even Kijiji is the best way to go. Im not sure about ebay since you can get dinged by paypal if the buyer has some remorse and disputes the listing.

#2568 4 years ago

Sooooooo ...back on topic.....anyone in canada have any pins they want to sell?

#2569 4 years ago
Quoted from Hawk007:

I've got an IMVE up for Trade for a TRON (unmodded), TWD Pro, TWD Prem, TF PRO, maybe MET Pro. Game has 457 plays on it comes with pinbit plastic protectors.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#2570 4 years ago
Quoted from Hawk007:

Agreed .... i seen 26 new posts and thought OMG everyone in Canada is selling a game today Sweet!

#2571 4 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

About four years ago our local "retailer" (SML) told me that a ST:TNG they had would be $10,000.00 because "that is just how much they go for". I went to their show room and they also had a decent Black Hole for only $4500.00.....
Some retailers exist to rip off the ignorant, they don't get my business even if it is for a box of bulbs.

I voted up someone to get this thread back on track (who's got something for sale) - but I can't pass up an opportunity to echo how .........i don't even know the word to describe SML. I do this for any new comers in AB that are looking to purchase their first pin. DON'T purchase it from SML what ever you do. Don't even buy a NIB from them. Don't support these guys in any way for parts either. There are better alternatives for all that locally. They just don't contribute to creating a local healthy market for new/used pins or for parts.

#2572 4 years ago

Question:
Does recent Canadian dollar affect my sale price? If I can get 2700$ US for my SWDE (for example), does that mean it's worth roughly 3300$ Canadian?
Just asking as I am looking at selling SWDE, IJ, JP, and LOTR..... Trying to determine fair asking prices. I have a couple of offers from the U.S., just want to offer them in Canada as well.
Thanks

#2573 4 years ago

I have no idea what a SWDE is worth but there was a nice one for sale on Ontario Kijiji yesterday for $2000. That must have been a good price and why it sold so fast.

#2574 4 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Question:
Does recent Canadian dollar affect my sale price? If I can get 2700$ US for my SWDE (for example), does that mean it's worth roughly 3300$ Canadian?
Just asking as I am looking at selling SWDE, IJ, JP, and LOTR..... Trying to determine fair asking prices. I have a couple of offers from the U.S., just want to offer them in Canada as well.
Thanks

Depends on who you ask. Buyers will say no, sellers yes

More seriously, it depends on the pin. On an older used pin I'd probably give Canadians a break. and not do a straight dollar to dollar, just to help the local collector community. On newer more expensive pins, where the difference is in the thousands I still might give a bit of a discount, but the change in CDN/US would definitely impact what I would list it for.

#2575 4 years ago

Mustang LE that was for sale is now sold to fellow Pinsider.

#2576 4 years ago

i still have my Stern Indiana Jones for sale nice machine with lots of mods(gold powder coated trim Ark topper and speaker inserts Mirror blades and fully LED's) would take $4250 for it or the right trade up down or straight accross pm me if interested

#2577 4 years ago
Quoted from glauses:

i still have my Stern Indiana Jones for sale nice machine with lots of mods(gold powder coated trim Ark topper and speaker inserts Mirror blades and fully LED's) would take $4250 for it or the right trade up down or straight accross pm me if interested

You're killing me bud...

#2578 4 years ago
Quoted from glauses:

Its a great price, they were going for $4500 here and not nearly as nice.

#2579 4 years ago

Not a lot of IJ4 out there like that. Glad I grabbed mine, most are beat to piss on location from my experience. This should be gone already for that price. Just need the right fan/buyer...

#2580 4 years ago

Ron i am sorry i know its on your wish list you should just knock it off the list and buy it this my bottom price we could still maybe work out a trade though

#2581 4 years ago
Quoted from jms121:

Mustang LE that was for sale is now sold to fellow Pinsider.

Just picked up the machine yesterday and I'll be heading home soon with it!

#2582 4 years ago

I'm still open to a trade.

#2583 4 years ago

pm me with your trade options

#2584 4 years ago
Quoted from glauses:

Great price, I played mine for 3 hours solid tonight. Fun game and tough as hell to finish!

#2585 4 years ago

I was curious to see what kind of price he would give me and believe me when I say this "No pinhead / informed individual" in their right mind would have taken that offer. Let's put it this way they would have taken my IMVE with 457 plays on it and I would have had to give them more than $2K for a NIB TWD. I almost fell off my chair when I saw the numbers.

Speaking of informed individuals: What exactly do you think your IMVE is worth?
That game is $5000 on a good day.

NIB TWD is $6495 + tax (14.975%) = $7467

Don't fall off your chair, pick up a calculator instead.

#2586 4 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Speaking of informed individuals: What exactly do you think your IMVE is worth?
That game is $5000 on a good day.
NIB TWD is $6495 + tax (14.975%) = $7467
Don't fall off your chair, pick up a calculator instead.

Ok. I'll make sure to keep that in mind. But before you go all ape shit just remember that I never said anything about a valued price, apart from mentioning the price in the guide nor did I ever say I was specifically looking for NIB box. I said I was looking to trade my IMVE and explored some options (yes I called Starburst). All I know is that it's not worth $4K.

#2587 4 years ago

Ok. I'll make sure to keep that in mind.

It's probably a good idea to have your facts straight before you trash talk.
Especially against a guy who is not here to defend himself.
Starburst doesn't exist for flashinstinct to get a great trade in deal on his pinball.

It's a business where profit needs to be made or it will cease to exist.
The most they could list that in their showroom for is $5499 - and it would not sell at that price.
There has to be meat on the bone for a retailer.

If you think an IMVE sells for anywhere near $5600 usd you are deluded.
NIB sterns are almost a grand cheaper than that delivered in the land of the free.

#2588 4 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

If you think an IMVE seels for anywhere near $5600 usd you are deluded.

I said book value. Now we all know what that means right??? Sorry to the other people trying read sales / trades on this thread apparently a) people cant bother to read properly and b) this guy has had it in for me since I started Where's the code. You can keep puckering up all you want. I couldnt really give two sh*ts what you think. over and out!

#2589 4 years ago

You can keep puckering up all you want.

pucker up
southern term for kiss me
"Pucker up baby"

#2590 4 years ago

I never called flash stupid, and I used 2k, because if it was $2500 or ($2800 as you said was possible QG) he would say so. More than 2k alludes to less than $2.5k

Anyway, back to this thread and sorry for the derailment. All I was saying was brick and mortar retail will always need to gouge simply to cover overhead. It was bad business as flash originally stated.

I myself would never trade a game in to them, for the sake of knowing its usually a raw deal. Just giving insight as to it not being about poor business etiquette, but more-so business 101.

#2591 4 years ago

I totally get meegis. My beef was more when he pulled out the book with the typo as a reference to justify his price knowing fully well it was a mistake. Then I called him on it and he then acknowledged it was a mistake. That's what really got me.

Sorry folks back to the fs thread.

#2592 4 years ago

Ok, one of the few threads that hasn't gone to the sH!Tz yet, let's just drop the whole thing. We all still like pinball right?

#2593 4 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Ok, one of the few threads that hasn't gone to the sH!Tz yet, let's just drop the whole thing. We all still like pinball right?

What is this "pinball" you speak of?

Never heard of such a thing.

#2594 4 years ago

I am selling my Transformers LE Combo Mint HUO $5500 shaker motor, Mirror blades, Mckee topper, led flippers LED backbox kit installed i will post pictures tonight love this machine fun to play just need the room my PM me if interested

#2595 4 years ago
Quoted from glauses:

I am selling my Transformers LE Combo Mint HUO $5500 shaker motor, Mirror blades, Mckee topper, led flippers LED backbox kit installed i will post pictures tonight love this machine fun to play just need the room my PM me if interested

Nothing like turning a profit, lol. Good luck, seems more popular now.

#2596 4 years ago

DSCN0346.JPGDSCN0339.JPG

DSCN0340.jpg

DSCN0341.jpg

DSCN0342.jpg

DSCN0344.jpg

DSCN0345.jpg

DSCN0347.jpg

#2597 4 years ago

A buddy of mine is interested in a gotleib rocky, anyone?

#2598 4 years ago

Feck, the loonie is down below $0.77US now!

Rob

#2599 4 years ago

yes our dollar sucks right now i was going to order some parts think i am going to wait now should have ordered last week

#2600 4 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Question:
Thanks

Absolutely!

If I sell a game for $5000 US, that's $6500 Canadian. Assuming shipping isn't an issue for the US buyer, I can sell a game cheaper and still come out ahead.

Look at Woz, a reasonable selling price would be around $6500 US, that's almost $8500 Can and no-one in Canada is going to pay that right now. Again, shipping cost kill a lot of deals but if your close to the border that sure opens up some options.

When the dollar tanks like this, buying sucks and selling anything to US buyers is fantastic. I'm going to list lots of non pinball stuff on eBay in the coming weeks, might as well take advantage of the situation.

The market in Canada has become a lot softer too, especially in Alberta, lots of people losing jobs and lots of others, like myself, are a lot slower.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 15.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 219.99
$ 0.35
There are 12282 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 246.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside