(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 497.
#2501 8 years ago

Yeah if it's in good condition, good price. Very fun machine, mine is a fan favourite up here.

#2502 8 years ago

I've been following CFTBL for almost two years now. It seems to hover around $4K. This one looks in pretty decent condition. I'd say it's a good price.

#2503 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I've been following CFTBL for almost two years now. It seems to hover around $4K. This one looks in pretty decent condition. I'd say it's a good price.

Defective hologram will do that to a price

#2504 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Defective hologram will do that to a price

I can't read French. Is there something wrong with this CFTBL?

#2505 8 years ago

It says the hologram is defective and those will run you a hefty penny

#2506 8 years ago

Ruby red Woz for 8K. Kijiji
Looks like a good deal, if it's Canadian...
Wrote an email asking about currency if it is in fact Canadian. Didn't reply, just said he won't ship. Could be a real nice buy for someone!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2507 8 years ago

It says the hologram is defective and those will run you a hefty penny

Like how much?

#2508 8 years ago

If my memory serves me right $400US + shipping

#2509 8 years ago

My IMVE has a total of 467 plays looking for Tron (unmodded) TWD Pro or Prem

#2510 8 years ago

My IMVE has a total of 467 plays looking for Tron (unmodded) TWD Pro or Prem

Have you contacted capguntrooper yet??

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-nib-if-it-was-never-played

#2512 8 years ago

If my memory serves me right $400US + shipping

I talked to the seller, says the hologram is "burned out". Is that mean "dead" for those you know CFTBL?

I love CFTBL but the location and defective hologram makes me hesitate to seriously consider it.

I only have room for one last game (3rd) , wondering if CFTBL should be the one...

#2513 8 years ago

$3500 if Canadian is a great deal, add $500 for the decal and still at $4k I think its a good deal.

#2514 8 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

$3500 if Canadian is a great deal, add $500 for the decal and still at $4k I think its a good deal.

500$ decals? Do you mean holo? He confirmed the hologram is dead. That means around 500$ CA for a replacement. Cadillac and left sling plastic broken. From the pictures cabinet looks decent.

#2515 8 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

500$ decals? Do you mean holo? He confirmed the hologram is dead. That means around 500$ CA for a replacement. Cadillac and left sling plastic broken. From the pictures cabinet looks decent.

Sorry, that's what I meant. Slings are cheap too but if they are broken, what else?

#2516 8 years ago

More and more I bet

#2517 8 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

More and more I bet

Exactly. Slings are $20 bucks if they didn't replace those, what else needs replacement?

#2518 8 years ago

The CFTBL is not turned on in any pics, and the pics are low resolution. It is likely there is more than the hologram broken. If anyone is thinking of buying it, I would certainly ask to see better pics of the machine, while it's running.

#2519 8 years ago

Your so right spencer ,everytime I get a machine and think its not too bad 2000 later it's done but then is the machine worth it after all that money

#2520 8 years ago

Basically, if a game is still available after about 20 minutes on Kijiji, it's a bad deal.

#2521 8 years ago

I'd say if it's still available in 20 minutes it's not a steal. Fair deals can take a week or two.

#2522 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Basically, if a game is still available after about 20 minutes on Kijiji, it's a bad deal.

Have to disagree on this statement.

Yes pins go fast when priced right, but lots of games last based on many other factors.

#2523 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

I'd say if it's still available in 20 minutes it's not a steal. Fair deals can take a week or two.

Okay, I'll give you that. But I'd say 24-48 hours tops for a "fair deal".

#2524 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Okay, I'll give you that. But I'd say 24-48 hours tops for a "fair deal".

Still not even sure about that. Take for example here in Calgary. If there are enough of a title locally - everyone that got one wanted one, then they are a tough sell on Kijiji (WOZ was a good example here. Think there were somewhere between 12 and 16 that were all bought and within 4 hours drive of each other) Thats a saturated market for that title. So you then need to rely on sites like this - and even then, lots are reluctant to ship either recipient or sender.

#2525 8 years ago

LW3 traded.

#2526 8 years ago

Anybody know of an ACDC Premium for sale in the Vancouver area? Doesn't need to be NIB or minty, just a great players machine. Cab scuffs or dings are no issue, as long as playfield is clean. Lower PF window clear etc. Prefer standard pre to Lucy. Any info would be great. Thanks.

#2527 8 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Anybody know of an ACDC Premium for sale in the Vancouver area? Doesn't need to be NIB or minty, just a great players machine. Cab scuffs or dings are no issue, as long as playfield is clean. Lower PF window clear etc. Prefer standard pre to Lucy. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Ooooooo tough one. If I hear of anything I will let you know

#2529 8 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

Take for example here in Calgary.

You make an excellent point, I'm looking at it from my typically Toronto-centric view where the competition is much larger.

#2530 8 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

you just missed that one down east sold fast a few days ago, 7k

#2531 8 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

you just missed that one down east sold fast a few days ago, 7k

Yes, I saw that. I'm asking for a friend who lives in Vancouver. It'll be his first pin. I looked at websites for John's Jukes and Nitro in Mission, but I haven't found one. If anybody here's anything, feel free to PM me.

#2532 8 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

I talked to the seller, says the hologram is "burned out". Is that mean "dead" for those you know CFTBL?
I love CFTBL but the location and defective hologram makes me hesitate to seriously consider it.
I only have room for one last game (3rd) , wondering if CFTBL should be the one...

I'm in the process of restoring my Creetch and am putting in the MikeD mod. I have a nice green creetch hologram, lamp etc etc I'd sell. I think 300 CAD is a fair price???

#2533 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

I'm in the process of restoring my Creetch and am putting in the MikeD mod. I have a nice green creetch hologram, lamp etc etc I'd sell. I think 300 CAD is a fair price???

I would say its a damn good price if it includes the hardware. This one is for sale at $300 USD plus shipping. That works out to around $500 CAD. You should actually advertise yours as $200 off

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fs-creature-from-the-black-lagoon-hologram

#2534 8 years ago

Hey MapleSyrup....

I may have something in the works for an ACDC prem. non luci.

#2535 8 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Hey MapleSyrup....
I may have something in the works for an ACDC prem. non luci.

PM sent...

#2536 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

I have the TV recommended for the mike d mod if interested. I was restoring one then he wanted to keep it original. TV is nib.

#2539 8 years ago

Price drop on my CCC,15,000.00 Canadian.
Or 11,850.00 U.S

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-cactus-canyon-bally-1998

#2540 8 years ago

Hey guys I recently made a trade with gorno a month back for his batman forever and just wanted say it was a complete success. Gorno(Nat) is a great guy and would strongly recommend him. Since then I was able to get one of my holy grail pins from pinchamp another great guy. Sadley with space being a premium I'm looking to sell BF or trade plus cash for many titles a few would be TOM,LOTR,ST pro/prm/Le. The BF is in very good to excellent condition IMHO. I'm sure gorno could also give testimony of the pin. If any interest please pm me and we could discuss details and I could give you all the info on the BF.
Thanks

#2541 8 years ago

Hi, I've got a favour to ask you guys and gals. My dad came for a visit recently and fell in love with my Atlantis machine, followed by my sys 11s. He now wants to get one machine (his first). Leaning towards a refurbished b title sort of thing and not EM because he does not have the confidence to fix it himself, but if the right title came along ....

He is located on vanc island and was looking for some fellow pinsiders on VI or LM that might have some time to show him their collection, particularly if you have a good players quality game for sale. He is not a collector mostly looking for a fun game for 10 year old grandkids x 4 to play.

I remember seeing a kijjji ad in bc showing a guy on vanc island who had a collection and was looking to find other enthusiasts to play tourney etc on Fridays. If i remember the fellow was located mid island ... If you have any ideas or willing to lend a hand or put us in touch with good people it would be really cool of you. Pm me please. I also recommended he go out to nitro in mission and also johns in Vancouver.
Thanks!

#2542 8 years ago

SOLD

#2543 8 years ago
Quoted from Eagles77:

Hey guys I recently made a trade with gorno a month back for his Batman Forever and just wanted say it was a complete success. Gorno(Nat) is a great guy and would strongly recommend him. Since then I was able to get one of my holy grail pins from pinchamp another great guy. Sadley with space being a premium I'm looking to sell BF or trade plus cash for many titles a few would be TOM,LOTR,ST pro/prm/Le. The BF is in very good to excellent condition IMHO. I'm sure gorno could also give testimony of the pin. If any interest please pm me and we could discuss details and I could give you all the info on the BF.
Thanks

Perry is a great guy to deal with. Don't hesitate to make a deal with him. Even it it's just to check out his sweet collection

#2544 8 years ago

Out of curiousity. With the weak CND. Has anyone bought NIB within the last 6 months?

#2545 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

Out of curiousity. With the weak CND. Has anyone bought NIB within the last 6 months?

And with Greece causing all kinds of market cluster fu*ks I doubt the dollar is going to go up anytime soon. They predicted the CDN dollar will go even lower before the end of the year.

And with the nice folks at Starburst trying to scratch up every penny I don't see them making fortunes this year. I called Michel in MTL the other day to get a price / trade on my IMVE. Needless to say he took out his Pinball Price Guide book and showed me the price of the VE and told me he would give "XXXX". Obviously there is a typo in the guide which flipped the values of the original and VE. So he tried to make the deal knowing fully well there was a typo and pretended it was the right value. I called him on it and then it tells me flat out "yeah I know there a mistake" but he still tried to snatch it up at lower value. I don't blame the guy but please "don't act stupid" it just makes me want to take my business elsewhere.

I hope Starburst gets some competition because their business ethics are way out of left field.

#2546 8 years ago

Am I high?
Who in their right mind trades in or sells to a retailer of any sort and expects a fair shake unless you are related to them or saved them from certain death. May as well try the pawn shop down the street.
At least now you know the guide price when you market for private sale.

#2547 8 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Am I high?
Who in their right mind trades in or sells to a retailer of any sort and expects a fair shake unless you are related to them or saved them from certain death. May as well try the pawn shop down the street.

I was curious to see what kind of price he would give me and believe me when I say this "No pinhead / informed individual" in their right mind would have taken that offer. Let's put it this way they would have taken my IMVE with 457 plays on it and I would have had to give them more than $2K for a NIB TWD. I almost fell off my chair when I saw the numbers.

#2548 8 years ago

I myself did trade in my Wizard! For High Speed. But I got the Wiz for free and my former arcade tech buddy was really not into fixing EMs. I really don"t play my machines too often and EMs need some pretty regular play to keep the corrosion away.
On the bright side HS has been issue free since I got it from TOPEC.

#2549 8 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Am I high?

Well I hope that there are still some people supporting the retailers in this country! Without them our hobby would a lot worse off. Of course they are the devil to deal with, no different than your local car dealership. But who is bringing in these games, parts and supplying promotional material for local tournaments? The retailers! No I am not a strong supporter of them, this year I have purchased six pins, from auctions as I like everyone else am looking for the best bang for my buck. The retailer has way more overhead to cover than us pinheads, where is the money coming from for property taxes, wages, heat, light and all other associated expenses running a business? From the pricing difference of what they pay and what they sell for, PROFIT ! Its not a dirty word it is a fact of life, we buy our games and sell them for more, as well. The only difference is our margins don't need to be as great as the retailer.

I have been dabbling in this hobby since the 80's and even ran a small route years ago. From the hey days of pinball, it was nice to have three retailers to deal with, when ever you needed parts like flipper links, bulbs and most parts. There was no ordering, shipping, duty, exchange rates to deal with. They held open houses, to showcase the new games, twice a year, supplying food and beverages to all that came. But those days are gone and so are they and the warehouses of parts that they stocked.

Ya, I am just as guilty as the next guy I don't buy NIB Games from the suppliers, I order the stuff I need online, but it would be nice to hop in the car and pick up the stuff that should be readily available and some of the one offs that they had laying around.

Maybe we need to think the next time we need that 3.00 box of 44 bulbs from online, would it kill us to spend 4.00 and support these businesses that are still running?

By the way I am not associated or related to any retailer or distributor. Just needed to point out another view!

#2550 8 years ago

About four years ago our local "retailer" (SML) told me that a ST:TNG they had would be $10,000.00 because "that is just how much they go for". I went to their show room and they also had a decent Black Hole for only $4500.00.....

Some retailers exist to rip off the ignorant, they don't get my business even if it is for a box of bulbs.

There are 24,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 497.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.