(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,776 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Saltimbanco
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 455 of 496.
#22701 11 months ago

see why he has 0.0 in the feedback on his page !

#22702 11 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:SCAMMER ALERT!!!
Bought a game from Jamieryan71 that he described as working perfectly, but instead, it was plagued with issues.
I reached out to Spooky and they confirmed there were issues reported on the game prior to him selling.
The upper playfield on Scooby had both flipper coil stops hanging off (that did not happen in shipping!) as well as board issues, broken molex connectors, and more.
When I asked for the receipt so I could reach out to Spooky, he said he could not find it (right!).
Thankfully AJ at Spooky isn't a degenerate like this guy, and he was good enough to honour the warranty.
I took the game apart today, and went through all the issues with AJ on the phone.
He felt bad that I got screwed like this, so he's sending me all the parts.
Anyhow, just putting this out there so no one else gets burned.
Thankfully the large majority of people I've dealt with have been amazing, unlike this dickhead.

I do not know the seller, if he knew this, he should have disclosed it. However I feel like a lot of your anger is misdirected. Spooky should have done a better job... the game is new and you should not have to deal with so many issues. Good to hear the will honour the warranty and help make you whole though.

I feel your pain as I too had to take the upper PF off to tighen/re-attach the coil stops, repair connectors, replace switches, etc. It is a crap shoot with early builds from them, something I will never do again... having all these issues will suck the joy out of the NIB experience for sure. Hopefully you get it up and running soon, it really is fun to play when it works

#22703 11 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

SCAMMER ALERT!!!
Bought a game from Jamieryan71 that he described as working perfectly, but instead, it was plagued with issues.
I reached out to Spooky and they confirmed there were issues reported on the game prior to him selling.
The upper playfield on Scooby had both flipper coil stops hanging off (that did not happen in shipping!) as well as board issues, broken molex connectors, and more.
When I asked for the receipt so I could reach out to Spooky, he said he could not find it (right!).
Thankfully AJ at Spooky isn't a degenerate like this guy, and he was good enough to honour the warranty.
I took the game apart today, and went through all the issues with AJ on the phone.
Thankfully the large majority of people I've dealt with have been amazing, unlike this dickhead.

Luckily it was a Spooky game as the customer service is awesome. I've dealt with AJ before and he drops what he is doing to assist people when they call. Even outside of warranty periods.

#22704 11 months ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

I do not know the seller, if he knew this, he should have disclosed it. However I feel like a lot of your anger is misdirected. Spooky should have done a better job... the game is new and you should not have to deal with so many issues. Good to hear the will honour the warranty and help make you whole though.
I feel your pain as I too had to take the upper PF off to tighen/re-attach the coil stops, repair connectors, replace switches, etc. It is a crap shoot with early builds from them, something I will never do again... having all these issues will suck the joy out of the NIB experience for sure. Hopefully you get it up and running soon, it really is fun to play when it works

If he had received it NIB then the anger would be misdirected but since he received it from someone, even if there were workmanship problems from Spooky, these were all hidden from him by the seller so the issue is properly directed at him in my opinion.

#22705 11 months ago
Quoted from Hershy:

If he had received it NIB then the anger would be misdirected but since he received it from someone, even if there were workmanship problems from Spooky, these were all hidden from him by the seller so the issue is properly directed at him in my opinion.

That's the key point to takeaway from all of this.

Time to add another asshole to my "who to never deal with" shitlist.

#22706 11 months ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Does this mean I'm bumped from the list?

#22707 11 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Does this mean I'm bumped from the list?

You're an asshole....just not a scamming one. Shitlist avoided.....for now!!

#22708 11 months ago

Ah crap WizardsCastle I’ve been following your posts on the Scooby thread didn’t know this is what went down.

I’ll leave the spooky comments for that thread, regardless the idea of dumping a problem on someone else without full disclosure is 100% douchebagerry.

Hope you get it all sorted, sounds like Spooky will make it right.

#22709 11 months ago
#22710 11 months ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

That's the key point to takeaway from all of this.

Can't wait to make your acquaintance at yegpin. I'll be #1 on your list fast

#22711 11 months ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Can't wait to make your acquaintance at yegpin. I'll be #1 on your list fast

Sure he will have a clever T-shirt so you know it's him

#22712 11 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Sure he will have a clever T-shirt so you know it's him

Maybe I'll wear a shirt that says "I'm not I'm not Norm"

#22713 11 months ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Ah crap WizardsCastle I’ve been following your posts on the Scooby thread didn’t know this is what went down.
I’ll leave the spooky comments for that thread, regardless the idea of dumping a problem on someone else without full disclosure is 100% douchebagerry.
Hope you get it all sorted, sounds like Spooky will make it right.

Yup, that's me!

Hours of work on it so far, and still loads of issues left. This is always the risk with early production games, but regardless, I'd never dump my problems on another person.

If you can't fix things, at least have the decency to tell disclose that, and accept you're going to lose some money from someone willing to invest time doing repairs and troubleshooting.

I'll get it fixed, and it will be as good as new, but I still wish I didn't have this to deal with. My best friend is in the hospital losing his fight with cancer, and I even told the seller about this.

But some people just put their happiness and we'll being before everyone else's.

If you ever see my Scooby for sale (games don't last long here), you can rest assured, it's 100% working, or I'LL TELL YOU OTHERWISE!

#22714 11 months ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Maybe I'll wear a shirt that says "I'm not I'm not Norm"

Actually, it would be kind of nice to put a face to the usernames here on pinside at Yegpin, or Flipout, I've been going for years and have often wondered who is who in the crowd. Maybe some kind of button, or nametag with the pinside logo and username. Maybe it sounds lame, but I know that I would probably stop and say Hi, if I recognized the name or seen a fellow "pinsider"

#22715 11 months ago

I'll wear my "I'm on pinside bitch!" longed sleeved shirt. Don't feel shy to stop me and tell me how much of an asshole you are.

I'm sure we will get along swimmingly.

#22716 11 months ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Pinside is cracking down on non-ad game sales over 3K. FYI

Please define 'cracking down' ?

Rob

#22717 11 months ago
Quoted from Tinnhound:

Actually, it would be kind of nice to put a face to the usernames here on pinside at Yegpin, or Flipout, I've been going for years and have often wondered who is who in the crowd. Maybe some kind of button, or nametag with the pinside logo and username. Maybe it sounds lame, but I know that I would probably stop and say Hi, if I recognized the name or seen a fellow "pinsider"

Pinside has a "generate a badge" feature, accessible through your profile.

#22718 11 months ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

"I'm on pinside bitch!" l

Having thousands of these printed now.

#22719 11 months ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Please define 'cracking down' ?
Rob

Please refer to 'What's for sale in Chicago or Michigan' threads.

#22720 11 months ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Please refer to 'What's for sale in Chicago or Michigan' threads.

I took a flip through the Michigan thread... couldn't find anything from a mod saying it was a requirement, saw lots of ads with corresponding marketplace links but nothing official, also searched the thread for "marketplace" and didn't see anything. If you know of link could you narrow it down a little more?

#22721 11 months ago
Quoted from roar:

I took a flip through the Michigan thread... couldn't find anything from a mod saying it was a requirement, saw lots of ads with corresponding marketplace links but nothing official, also searched the thread for "marketplace" and didn't see anything. If you know of link could you narrow it down a little more?

Here, found it in the Chicago for sale thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club/page/221#post-7557942

#22722 11 months ago
Quoted from Tinnhound:

Like this?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yegpin-2023-pinball-and-arcade-expo-july-20-23-2023#post-7486423

#22723 11 months ago

Seems kind of silly tbh. All of these sales are basically an honour system... These threads are basically just pointing out local classifieds. If you have a serious pinside sale, you post the ad so you can get proper ad visibility and photos and all the rest of it.

If the rule is enforced, may as well just shut down all of the "What's for sale in ..." threads, and we'll just move on to another platform...

#22724 11 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:SCAMMER ALERT!!!

You are unreal. 

I reported to Spooky about the start button light not working. That was the only issue I reported to Spooky, and I disclosed that to you. Very dishonest to say that "issues" were reported to Spooky, implying that I knew of other issues with the game that I did not disclose. AJ at Spooky can confirm.

I bought the game on March 8th, and put it up for sale on March 16th. The game was play tested by Nitro when they delivered it on the 8th. Nitro can confirm.

I played it for a few days, and decided to sell it. Once I put it up for sale, I never played it again. Everything, other than the start button light, was working when the game shipped. The game was shipped in the back of a truck 4000 kms across the country. But you say that these issues couldn't have happened during shipping, that I must have broken the machine myself, between the 8th and the 15th? 

I told you I looked for the receipt last night, and couldn't find it. I was going to keep looking this morning, but after waking up and seeing that you're calling me a dickhead on pinside, I told you that I'm not dealing with you anymore. Then you proceed to threaten to come to my house, and pepper me with insults.

I also told you this morning that I was having my father cremated today. Rather than giving it a rest for a day, you come on here and call me a degenerate, who nobody should do business with. 

I will not be responding to you anymore. I want nothing to do with you. Leave me alone. 

#22725 11 months ago
Quoted from Jamieryan71:

You are unreal. 
I reported to Spooky about the start button light not working. That was the only issue I reported to Spooky, and I disclosed that to you. Very dishonest to say that "issues" were reported to Spooky, implying that I knew of other issues with the game that I did not disclose. AJ at Spooky can confirm.

I bought the game on March 8th, and put it up for sale on March 16th. The game was play tested by Nitro when they delivered it on the 8th. Nitro can confirm.
I played it for a few days, and decided to sell it. Once I put it up for sale, I never played it again. Everything, other than the start button light, was working when the game shipped. The game was shipped in the back of a truck 4000 kms across the country. But you say that these issues couldn't have happened during shipping, that I must have broken the machine myself, between the 8th and the 15th? 
I told you I looked for the receipt last night, and couldn't find it. I was going to keep looking this morning, but after waking up and seeing that you're calling me a dickhead on pinside, I told you that I'm not dealing with you anymore. Then you proceed to threaten to come to my house, and pepper me with insults.

I also told you this morning that I was having my father cremated today. Rather than giving it a rest for a day, you come on here and call me a degenerate, who nobody should do business with. 
I will not be responding to you anymore. I want nothing to do with you. Leave me alone.

I already said everything I needed to say, including expressing my condolences for your loss (despite firmly believing you were untruthful about the game you sold).

I was at the hospital this evening with my best friend who is losing his fight with cancer.

Pinball is such a miniscule thing right now, and I honestly am over whatever happened here. I'll fix the game and move on.

But I still have zero regrets about warning others about our transaction, in hopes that no one else gets burned.

All the best to you.

#22726 11 months ago
Quoted from Boat:

A day and Ross terminal is pretty close to you I’m sure

I recently shipped out a pin with D&R and they would not cover any damages so I left it up to the buyer and luckily it arrived in good shape. I had it wrapped and palleted very well and they specifically told me they hate shipping pinball machines. not sure I would trust them on my end. prefer cash on glass.

#22727 11 months ago

I think the important lesson we can all take away from the last 24 hours is that we're all going to be on psuedo norms shitlist by yegpin.

#22728 11 months ago

Led Zep Pro w Expression Lights - $8000
Slugfest w extra populated playfield +++ $5000

#22729 11 months ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

I recently shipped out a pin with D&R and they would not cover any damages so I left it up to the buyer and luckily it arrived in good shape. I had it wrapped and palleted very well and they specifically told me they hate shipping pinball machines. not sure I would trust them on my end. prefer cash on glass.

I've shipped with Day & Ross/Vitran/Manitoulin over 20 times now and although none of the pins have been damaged, I can understand a bit of your anxiety. Cash on the glass is always better BUT if it's a game you truly want, I'd say go for shipping. Plus I'm sure he would do a spectacular job wrapping/palleting!

#22730 11 months ago

I learned the same lesson the hard way, much worse actually. Only ship with guys you absolutely know are 100% solid and are on here all the time. Otherwise, you get the "condition is subjective" or "I never said/did that" Internet argument B.S.

#22731 11 months ago

I think the real lesson is stop buying spooky games nib. 10 years later and still shit for quality and bugs galore no pun intended.

#22732 11 months ago

Finally have some time to sell some games. I'll get ads (pics etc) up over the next week or so.

Prices are based on history in here and pinside market. Police are welcome. I've always needed a good cop or two to keep me in line.

Prefer local pickup, but can deliver to cow town for those who are patient. We go up every other week or so.

Dialed in LE. 12.5k
Custom digital screen topper, first owner, comes with backup phone screen and extra set of plastics. Also has printed manual, comic book etc.

Sttng - 8.5k
Players. Color DMD. Custom enterprise led topper. Mirror blades. Two main ramps could use replacement, but protectors hide any issues. Cab has some scrapes.

Tz 12k
Players. Custom old camera led topper. Gum balls, lit Gumball machine, clock board was fixed with LEDs added.

Totan 12k
Very nice game. All original except sword topper, Cliffies, and LEDs. Very little wear on pf. Fidelity speaker system.

Shadow 7k
Players. This one is tough to let go. Such a crazy fun game. Custom translight (not Ulrich). Good pf. Some cab repairs from previous owners. Typical Shadow wear on plastics etc.
Dan wanted this before, so he has dibs if he wants it.

Imdn LE 18k
1 of 10 Canadian LEs with the tournament button and cad coin mechs. #70 of 500. Great shape.

Ultra man - 12k
Really fun game. Code is still coming.

Pinball magic 6k
Players. No Mylar. Some cab wear, but pretty good shape. Extra plastics.

Dr who 5k
Players/project. Partially restored due to scam mentioned in above post. I've done some repairs and added Cliffies. It plays well, but the cab could use some repairs. I'll probably end up finishing the job at some point, but if someone wants it...

#22733 11 months ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I think the real lesson is stop buying spooky games nib. 10 years later and still shit for quality and bugs galore no pun intended.

...but their support is awesome!

#22734 11 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Prefer local pickup,

Care to provide your location?

#22735 11 months ago

Oh no. Not the guessing game again.
Please. No.

#22736 11 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Care to provide your location?

Prefer local pickup, but can deliver to cow town for those who are patient. We go up every other week or so.

Alberta.. maybe lethbridge?

#22737 11 months ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:I think the real lesson is stop buying spooky games nib. 10 years later and still shit for quality and bugs galore no pun intended.

Yea, I would like to weight in, my NIB scooby also had issues presumably from the factory.

I thought the same thing about them improving over the years. I’m not 100% on the up and up but I think they switched to a New board design for scooby which reading from the owners club may be some of the root of the issues.

That being said not to clog this thread up too much, I have a Bally black belt, $3500. One person has dibs but if they pass it will go up on kijiji in the next couple of days

#22738 11 months ago

Sorry. Thought my location was visible all these years. LOL. IT was to me. It should be set up to not show it to the user as well so they can tell that it isn't visible to others. Should be there now. Yes, Deathbridge. Junky crime land. Buy my pins before they are stolen and sold for meth!

#22739 11 months ago

Truth, I only bought TNA and will not go near any Spooky game anytime soon…

#22740 11 months ago

Don't you be dissing our junkies. I've only had 3 vehicles stolen in the last 4 years.

#22741 11 months ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Truth, I only bought TNA and will not go near any Spooky game anytime soon…

Have not own one but I have seen a few.

These spookys aee supposedly commercial grade machines? I dont think so. Fwiw, these dont feel like it to me, get a home brew-ish feel instead. The cabs… use pocket holes instead of mitre lock joints. Maybe it’s ok? Next, the wiring in Rick and Morty is a rat nest and they seem to change their systems often with each title.

Scooby does seem to be a step up, wiring has been dramatically reduced which can turn into a more practical experience service wise but I am not too impressed yet.

They do seem to have a long way to go. I am not a fan yet.

#22742 11 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Sorry. Thought my location was visible all these years. LOL. IT was to me. It should be set up to not show it to the user as well so they can tell that it isn't visible to others. Should be there now. Yes, Deathbridge. Junky crime land. Buy my pins before they are stolen and sold for meth!

Quoted from rwmech5:

Don't you be dissing our junkies. I've only had 3 vehicles stolen in the last 4 years.

Just replace the 'L' with an 'M.'

Methbridge

#22743 11 months ago

Corvette Pinball for sale need to move a game out for space
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/calgary/corvette-pinball-machine-by-bally/1658563374

#22744 11 months ago

Lz premium 11500

Catacomb 6600

Americas most haunted 9500

Nitro can ship if needed.

#22745 11 months ago

Absolutely Zero issues with my Halloween. Game plays great and is a family/friend favourite. Knock on wood….

#22746 11 months ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Absolutely Zero issues with my Halloween. Game plays great and is a family/friend favourite. Knock on wood….

Mine as well, it's been rock solid right out of the box, only had to adjust the flipper bats.

#22747 11 months ago

Ridiculous statement.
I have 6 Spooky machines and have had only 1 problem with one machine that was bought used. Not only did Spooky help me immediately, but they sent me a replacement part for FREE.
Compared to Stern which took 7 months to fix my DOA NIB Avengers IQ, I have 1000% more confidence buying a Spooky vs a Stern.

#22748 11 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Have not own one but I have seen a few.
These spookys aee supposedly commercial grade machines? I dont think so. Fwiw, these dont feel like it to me, get a home brew-ish feel instead. The cabs… use pocket holes instead of mitre lock joints. Maybe it’s ok? Next, the wiring in Rick and Morty is a rat nest and they seem to change their systems often with each title.
Scooby does seem to be a step up, wiring has been dramatically reduced which can turn into a more practical experience service wise but I am not too impressed yet.
They do seem to have a long way to go. I am not a fan yet.

You should take a look under the Alien playfield. There are a bunch of boards and what feels like about 10 wires. The lack of wiring is shockingly low.

#22749 11 months ago
Quoted from JustAnotherYoyo:

You should take a look under the Alien playfield. There are a bunch of boards and what feels like about 10 wires. The lack of wiring is shockingly low.

Indeed I have seen it. I really like their system albeit still need to understand their computer system. Not a fan of the JST connectors they chose for the boards (too small and hard to unplug) but so far I am liking everything else.
My favourite part hardware wise is that everything is either M4 or M6, just two different screws and one type wood screw unline north american machines that use every screw made by human kind.

#22750 11 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Finally have some time to sell some games. I'll get ads (pics etc) up over the next week or so.
Prices are based on history in here and pinside market. Police are welcome. I've always needed a good cop or two to keep me in line.
Dialed in LE. 12.5k
Custom digital screen topper, first owner, comes with backup phone screen and extra set of plastics. Also has printed manual, comic book etc.
Sttng - 8.5k
Players. Color DMD. Custom enterprise led topper. Mirror blades. Two main ramps could use replacement, but protectors hide any issues. Cab has some scrapes.
Tz 12k
Players. Custom old camera led topper. Gum balls, lit Gumball machine, clock board was fixed with LEDs added.
Totan 12k
Very nice game. All original except sword topper, Cliffies, and LEDs. Very little wear on pf. Fidelity speaker system.
Shadow 7k
Players. This one is tough to let go. Such a crazy fun game. Custom translight (not Ulrich). Good pf. Some cab repairs from previous owners. Typical Shadow wear on plastics etc.
Dan wanted this before, so he has dibs if he wants it.
Imdn LE 18k
1 of 10 Canadian LEs with the tournament button and cad coin mechs. #70 of 500. Great shape.
Ultra man - 12k
Really fun game. Code is still coming.
Pinball magic 6k
Players. No Mylar. Some cab wear, but pretty good shape. Extra plastics.
Dr who 5k
Players/project. Partially restored due to scam mentioned in above post. I've done some repairs and added Cliffies. It plays well, but the cab could use some repairs. I'll probably end up finishing the job at some point, but if someone wants it...

tempted by a few in the list!

There are 24,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 455 of 496.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/455 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.