(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,634 posts
  • 702 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by KnockerPTSD
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

There are 24,634 posts in this topic. You are on page 438 of 493.
#21851 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Canadian prices have 13% added in tax no matter what. Makes a big difference.

Not all Canadians remember.

#21852 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

I know Flip N Out (US distro) has them, and he offers free shipping up to the border. So that could be an option as well.

Yes, but tough to get service if you buy from a US distributor and get the game home and find damage or issues. If you have any friends or family in Alberta, you could get them to buy the game for you and then you only pay 5% tax but then you have to still ship it to Ontario.

#21853 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Yes, but tough to get service if you buy from a US distributor and get the game home and find damage or issues. If you have any friends or family in Alberta, you could get them to buy the game for you and then you only pay 5% tax but then you have to still ship it to Ontario.

I've spoken to Zach at Expo and he said he would be able to provide the service needed. However, if you have to switch boards or component, you are right, you might have to do more hands on work vs having someone from the Canadian Distro come over and do the work.

#21854 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Not all Canadians remember.

Ya for sure.

Ontario: 13%
Quebec: 15.5%
Alberta: 5%

Not sure about the others, but it depends on the province you (the person going through the border) lives in... Or maybe just the province you cross over.

#21855 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

I know Flip N Out (US distro) has them, and he offers free shipping up to the border. So that could be an option as well.

Zach does have some but you won't save anything and you have to go get. Time and money to add.

A HUO in good condition is the way to go imo if you can get a similar price or less.

#21856 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Zach does have some but you won't save anything and you have to go get. Time and money to add.
A HUO in good condition is the way to go imo if you can get a similar price or less.

Pointing out option. That's all. I get 0 kick back from anyone. Lol.

Education and information, then people can choose the path they want.

#21857 1 year ago

Rush people, like the shots? can't get rush? just get an XMEN for a fraction of the price and enjoy basically the same layout minus the upper magnet/ring. Just saying!!! no need to start a XMEN vs RUSH debacle...

CARRY ON!!! lol

#21858 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Pointing out option. That's all. I get 0 kick back from anyone. Lol.
Education and information, then people can choose the path they want.

For sure!

I know people that have bought from Zach - fantastic distro. Probably one of the best period.

#21859 1 year ago

Thanks for all of the input on buying a pinball (Rush)! So it sounds like there isn't a huge difference between buying new or used in this case.

It was mentioned that Stern is not making Rush right now ... Do they publish their schedule?

Also, do you think there is chance of a price increase? It seems hard to believe, but everything else keeps going up ... Maybe another reason to buy used.

#21860 1 year ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/96#post-7341404

Quoted from Jcanuck72:

Thanks for all of the input on buying a pinball (Rush)! So it sounds like there isn't a huge difference between buying new or used in this case.
It was mentioned that Stern is not making Rush right now ... Do they publish their schedule?
Also, do you think there is chance of a price increase? It seems hard to believe, but everything else keeps going up ... Maybe another reason to buy used.

#21861 1 year ago
Quoted from Jcanuck72:

There was a price increase from Stern January 1. How it affects new in box machines sitting on the floor, I don't know. I would guess some, if not all distributors increased prices as well. Just my guess though

#21862 1 year ago

Jerry has other US locations he can pull from.
I recall he did find me the LE I really wanted, but only after I had already committed to Heavy Metal.
So, I would just say if you really, really want a NiB RUSH drop in and see Jerry, tell him you are serious and see what he can find in a few weeks.

Or just buy something else while you are there and trade for Rush once you get tired of your buy.
I managed to walk out of the showroom with a pro.

#21863 1 year ago

Stern is not making any more Rush. I have been told by an extremely reliable source that it has been put "in the vault".

#21864 1 year ago
Quoted from JustAnotherYoyo:

Stern is not making any more Rush. I have been told by an extremely reliable source that it has been put "in the vault".

Hasn't been archived from their games list yet. Been no last call on it. Might be premature to call it. Then again, Stern isn't always 100% consistent with this stuff.

#21865 1 year ago

Stranger Things gate, Rush gate. Whenever they have an issue they can't resolve, the game gets vaulted. Rush is only 1 year old so for it to get vaulted, it's gotta be a tech issue or just poor sales but I do not think it is the latter. Rush premiums are apparently suffering from a node 10 board issue that they can't figure out yet. Likely the cause ?

Stranger Things was killed after the diverter was causing tech support nightmares. I am sure it will be vaulted soon and with a refreshed mech! I will be interested then.

#21867 1 year ago

I find that very hard to believe after 1 year and Stern always announces a final run if that is the case - Rush was a cornerstone.

#21868 1 year ago
Quoted from Jcanuck72:

If you really want a Rush my advice to you is to find a used one for sale, ideally within driving distance of yourself, and get it. The way Stern is these days, even if the game isn't permanently off the line, you won't see new production from months to years.

#21869 1 year ago

Fellow Canadians I could use some advice around how to clear backglass at customs that is being sent to me as a gift. I am using a service that will bring packages from the US to Canada but I have to be my own broker to clear the items at customs. Typically this has been commercial sales so I have a very detailed invoice, however for this it is a private donation with me just covering the cost of shipping.

How can I draft up an invoice to cover this? I am assuming I would need the shippers info (name, address, phone num), a date, itemized list which in this case is 1 backglass, and a value associated with it which is $0. Is there anything else I am missing? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#21870 1 year ago

not sure $0 will work , they may ask for the actual value of it , and base fee's on that .

#21871 1 year ago

Most times they will look it up too find out what it's worth then go from there so I am sure 0 will not work at all it's too easy for them too look it up

#21872 1 year ago
Quoted from luch:

not sure $0 will work , they may ask for the actual value of it , and base fee's on that .

That's a fair point but I do know you can claim something as a "gift" when sending from US to Canada. Max gift value is $60 Canadian so perhaps I can draft this as being worth $60.

It is a backglass for Fan-Tas-Tic. Not too sure how many examples they are going to find of that but certainly would not put it past them to dig something up!

#21873 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

That's a fair point but I do know you can claim something as a "gift" when sending from US to Canada. Max gift value is $60 Canadian so perhaps I can draft this as being worth $60.
It is a backglass for Fan-Tas-Tic. Not too sure how many examples they are going to find of that but certainly would not put it past them to dig something up!

I have shipped a lot of items with the Shippsy service from the US to Canada with a $0 value. I usually put "replacement part" on the invoice and have never been charged HST. But you may need to show you previously paid the tax on the item if it is in fact a replacement. I do have items come as "gift" for certain mods if mailed direct but usually a much lower value, $20-$30US.

#21874 1 year ago

I found a PDF form at the top of this link. Perhaps this is overkill? Kinda seems like what I would need to fill out. Thanks to all for the suggestions and guidance.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/ci1-eng.html

#21875 1 year ago

Hello fellow Canadian pinsiders,

I could have a No Good Gofers to sell or up-trade in Montreal (i.e. plus money for a more recent game or a classic Bally Williams that interested me), I always crave for a new game but now I must conclude that I have no more space, I already have a Data East Hook at one of my friend place and recently received my Halloween SE in late October who took the place of another pin now folded in my guest room. The second floor apartment is now full, i unfortunately can't play Tetris anymore!

The game is in player condition (meaning there is some slam ramp wears on the playfield but I have the Treasure Cove decal that I never installed and the inserts are not perfect).

I am a Montreal pedestrian so pick-up is the way to go.

Cheers,

Chris

#21876 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Fellow Canadians I could use some advice around how to clear backglass at customs that is being sent to me as a gift. I am using a service that will bring packages from the US to Canada…

For a border service like Shippsy you have two issues - a backglass being a “fragile” item and a gift.

#21877 1 year ago

Halloween CE Butter Cab still available, asking $11k and open to trades + cash for the following:

-Haggis Fathom Mermaid Edition
-Stargazer
-Quicksilver
-Seawitch
-Skateball
-Spectrum
-Strikes And Spares

Maybe interested in other early 80's solid states.

#21878 1 year ago

Anyone have a stars near me they done with? Prefer not to ship. Txs!

#21879 1 year ago
Quoted from SLicK350:

For a border service like Shippsy you have two issues - a backglass being a “fragile” item and a gift.

I'm not using Shippsy but a service similar. The difference is I have to clear the item at customs whereas it looks like Shippsy handles this for you.

Why the concern over the fragility of the glass? If UPS (or anyone) can ship it safely, is Shippsy drop kicking packages on the final leg? No doubt there is risk, but if it is packaged properly I am not too concerned. I suppose I will find out next week!

#21880 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

I'm not using Shippsy but a service similar. The difference is I have to clear the item at customs whereas it looks like Shippsy handles this for you.

Shippsy is basically acting as one’s agent - the person importing still has to provide them proper documentation, etc. for customs clearance. Without naming the service your using its impossible to provide any comparison. Shippsy works great and I highly recommend it - if you want to save yourself $10 you can use this referral link https://shippsy.com/r/20vkPB.

On the other-hand, if you can get the person your getting your back glass from to ship to you direct I’d go that way!

#21881 1 year ago

Omg people complain here when we get off track for making a joke meanwhile gotta scroll through 23 pages of shippsy ads.

#21882 1 year ago

Facts.

If there’s just not enough shippsy plugs in this thread head on over to the other cdn threads for even more!!

#21883 1 year ago

Yup where's the popcorn

#21884 1 year ago

So ... anyone in Canada have any pins for sale .

#21885 1 year ago

Z

#21886 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

My F14 is still for sale

#21887 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Lots but most are really expensive asks.

#21888 1 year ago

I've got a nice Spin Out for sale.

$1500 CAD

Missing the back door, but other than that, pretty decent. Canadian quarter mechs on front work.

Game is playing well. Some previous owner alternated the black and white rubbers to make a checkered look. Bugs me on the premise that the properties are different.. but does look ok, and can't notice anything in play... so I left 'em. lol

vancouver.craigslist.org link

#21889 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

I've got a nice Spin for sale.
$1500 CAD
Missing the back door, but other than that, pretty decent. Canadian quarter mechs on front work.
Game is playing well. Some previous owner alternated the black and white rubbers to make a checkered look. Bugs me on the premise that the properties are different.. but does look ok, and can't notice anything in play... so I left 'em. lol
vancouver.craigslist.org link

Says you can deliver and set up for $150

Sounds like a deal if you bring it to me

#21890 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Good luck with that lol

#21891 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Lol.. hmm.. Still a bit cold.. not going to lie.. I will do crazy things for memes.

#21892 1 year ago

Transformers LE combo still for sale.

#21894 1 year ago
Quoted from DodgeThatOne:

Hello fellow Canadian pinsiders,
I could have a No Good Gofers to sell or up-trade in Montreal (i.e. plus money for a more recent game or a classic Bally Williams that interested me), I always crave for a new game but now I must conclude that I have no more space, I already have a Data East Hook at one of my friend place and recently received my Halloween SE in late October who took the place of another pin now folded in my guest room. The second floor apartment is now full, i unfortunately can't play Tetris anymore!
The game is in player condition (meaning there is some slam ramp wears on the playfield but I have the Treasure Cove decal that I never installed and the inserts are not perfect).
I am a Montreal pedestrian so pick-up is the way to go.
Cheers,
Chris

Price on that player's condition NGG?

#21895 1 year ago

Anyone interested in a deadpool pro for a Fishtales and cash?

#21896 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Price on that player's condition NGG?

I am looking for 8K.

Cheers,

Chris

#21897 1 year ago

Still have a beautiful original version Spider-Man for sale.

#21898 1 year ago

Jurassic Park Premium for sale.

Local only.

#21899 1 year ago

Williams Superpin STTNG - minty, all protectors, pin2dmd colour dmd $9500

Stern Batman the Dark Knight - mint $8000

Gottlieb Premier Monte Carlo - $2800

may entertain trades +/- cash for dmd games or newer

Added 14 months ago:

BDK comes with topper

#21900 1 year ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Still available, price drop to $8000, also updated Kijiji ad with other titles I'd be open to. Scoop mod also added, and signature plaque is on it's way.

UM still available for sale or trade. May also be listing Bond pro with alt translite and art blades. Would only be open to trade on that one. Looking for TMNT or Mando on it. Will list additional ad ons in a bit.

Added 14 months ago:

Sold

There are 24,634 posts in this topic. You are on page 438 of 493.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/438 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.