(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 497.
#2101 9 years ago

Anybody wanna buy a hulk le no plaque just fell off only issue is it kinda smells like popcorn......sorry couldn't resist :shifty:Hope you catchem!!!

#2102 9 years ago

Game thefts are a small time operators "most likely" worst case scenario it seems.

Break ins seem to be a given. Catastrohic loss of life or damage to people and property is even worse, but IMO the biggest risk in putting a 7-8K new game on location is coming back to just find it gone.

I hope it turns up, sorry to hear that people can still be jerks and yes there is a reason hobby ops tend to burn out after several years.

#2103 9 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

Anybody wanna buy a hulk le no plaque just fell off only issue is it kinda smells like popcorn......sorry couldn't resist :shifty:Hope you catchem!!!

Unless you 2 know each other. This is a terrible joke post. Guy just had his pin stolen.

#2104 9 years ago

Not sure where to post this. But was at Canadian tire and they had the mini digital torpedo leveler on sale.

This is in edmonton. Not sure if the sale applies across the country

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2105 9 years ago

Looking for a very clean Sopranos if anyone wants to part.

#2106 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

Not sure where to post this. But was at Canadian tire and they had the mini digital torpedo leveler on sale.
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I have that very same torpedo level, and picked it up on sale for the same price a while back. It's fantastic and worth every penny. Just in case anyone is on the fence.

#2107 9 years ago

Unless you 2 know each other. This is a terrible joke post. Guy just had his pin stolen.

Maybe that joke was not in the best of taste, but unless the guy didn't have insurance, it's more a nuisance than anything. It's a bummer, and I feel for the guy, and everyone should certainly keep theirs eyes out for that machine, but come on, lighten up.

#2108 9 years ago

heck ya just checked my location in Saskatoon and they are on sale.. I am heading there after work... yahoooooo

#2109 9 years ago

Thanks as well. This will come in handy!

#2110 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

There is one in calgary for 3800 maybe you can work out shipping with him http://www.kijiji.ca/v-buy-sell-other/calgary/the-sopranos-pinball-arcade-game-by-stern-excellent-condition/593491469?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

#2111 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Maybe that joke was not in the best of taste, but unless the guy didn't have insurance, it's more a nuisance than anything. It's a bummer, and I feel for the guy, and everyone should certainly keep theirs eyes out for that machine, but come on, lighten up.

I have a feeling he didn't have insurance on them.

#2112 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I have a feeling he didn't have insurance on them.

Do you have a feeling, or do you know? If an op has a machine on location without insurance on his livelihood I would be surprised. And shocked. And saddened.

#2113 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

My buddy has a super nice, HUO with around 500 plays only, I doubt you will find a nicer original. I'll have him PM you.

#2114 9 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

Do you have a feeling, or do you know? If an op has a machine on location without insurance on his livelihood I would be surprised. And shocked. And saddened.

When I was a small time vid op, I had liability insurance that that was it. I asked about theft insurance and I think the answer was "don't ask, you can't afford it" or "that product does not exist" or something similar for the response.

I am sure it was prohibitively expensive as fraud is just too easy. Game not earning? It disappears like Kaiser Soze in the usual suspects...

I doubt all the theft that happens at every store local to you is insured; it is a "cost of doing business" and you make it up on your sales unfortunately...

I am happy to be wrong, but that was my experience.

#2115 9 years ago

I'm still helping guys ship pins across Canada at their own risk on my company Day & Ross Account. About $200 1 pin like Calgary to Toronto, & $250 for 2 pins Toronto to Calgary. Depot to Depot. 40" x 48" x 60" 300 lbs. or double 600 lbs. Let me know if you want a spot quote.

#2116 9 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I'm still helping guys ship pins across Canada at their own risk on my company Day & Ross Account. About $200 1 pin like Calgary to Toronto, & $250 for 2 pins Toronto to Calgary. Depot to Depot. 40" x 48" x 60" 300 lbs. or double 600 lbs. Let me know if you want a spot quote.

Damn that's cheap shipping across the country.

QSS

#2117 9 years ago

A few years back it was $200 coast to coast. I have shipped over 100 pins, no damage. But you never know & it it's at owners risk as a commercial good. A number of guys have asked for me to help out. Seems like a lot of Ontario & Alberta shipments.

Even in Nova Scotia, 1 to 4 hour trips each way. I try & get them to do depot to depot for under $100. Not worth my time & gas to go for pins.

#2118 9 years ago

hey Spencer sounds good have him pm me and see if we can work out a deal. Want as new as can be Cheers

#2119 9 years ago

Thanks out to Smoke Dog. In Saskatoon tonight and tomorrow for my daughter's surgery (nothing major) and thought I'd check out Sports on Tap which I'd heard lots about. I understand the games there are his. Played my first ever MM. Awesome! I also play a Metalica for the first time... My reaction was Meh... but I didn't know what I was doing. I played my first Pirates of the Caribbean a few months ago in Disneyworld... I played his tonight. And I'm not exaggerating when I say the one in Disney World was SO DIRTY... I didn't know a moving boat existed behind that plastic shield. That thing is actually pretty cool and I really like that game. It's fun. But the show stopper for me was for sure LOTR. I suck at it but I love it. Played ALOT tonight. Thanks for passing the time! There's also an ACDC there too. Played a few games but it's one I've played a bit of before so I was more interested in playing games new to me. Great place to play in Saskatoon with games in good shape.

That said... check the switch on Balrog. When I got him to swing over it seemed like I hammered him 3 or 4 times and it never registered.

#2120 9 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

That said... check the switch on Balrog. When I got him to swing over it seemed like I hammered him 3 or 4 times and it never registered.

Will do! Thanks for the heads up, and the shout out.

#2121 9 years ago

Sports on Tap is the one and only thing I miss about the prairies since moving back to BC.
Man I've crushed a lot of beer, pin, and nachos there!

#2122 9 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Thanks out to Smoke Dog. In Saskatoon tonight and tomorrow for my daughter's surgery (nothing major) and thought I'd check out Sports on Tap which I'd heard lots about. I understand the games there are his. Played my first ever MM. Awesome! I also play a Metalica for the first time... My reaction was Meh... but I didn't know what I was doing. I played my first Pirates of the Caribbean a few months ago in Disneyworld... I played his tonight. And I'm not exaggerating when I say the one in Disney World was SO DIRTY... I didn't know a moving boat existed behind that plastic shield. That thing is actually pretty cool and I really like that game. It's fun. But the show stopper for me was for sure LOTR. I suck at it but I love it. Played ALOT tonight. Thanks for passing the time! There's also an ACDC there too. Played a few games but it's one I've played a bit of before so I was more interested in playing games new to me. Great place to play in Saskatoon with games in good shape.

Hope the best for you and your family. Also I was there last night as well must of just miss you. Would of been nice to run into a fellow pinsider there at random. And yes smokedog line up is great and he always switching up games so when's Tron coming back man.

#2123 9 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

so when's Tron coming back man.

Hopefully soon! Just trying to line up a few things.

I may be going back to 4 pins at that location. 5 is a tight squeeze there. They should ditch that Guitar Hero stand up. Just takes up precious pin room.

See you at the tourney Tuesday night!

#2124 9 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Hopefully soon! Just trying to line up a few things.
I may be going back to 4 pins at that location. 5 is a tight squeeze there. They should ditch that Guitar Hero stand up. Just takes up precious pin room.
See you at the tourney Tuesday night!

Yes that guitar hero got to go to make room for tron that is. And yes will be there Tuesday night.

#2125 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

When I was a small time vid op, I had liability insurance that that was it. I asked about theft insurance and I think the answer was "don't ask, you can't afford it" or "that product does not exist" or something similar for the response.
I am sure it was prohibitively expensive as fraud is just too easy. Game not earning? It disappears like Kaiser Soze in the usual suspects...
I doubt all the theft that happens at every store local to you is insured; it is a "cost of doing business" and you make it up on your sales unfortunately...
I am happy to be wrong, but that was my experience.

A commercial insurance policy to cover pins would look something like this:
$2,000,000 liability $750-$1000
$8000 pin = $100-$150

So for a single pin on location probably 900/yr but each pin after is much cheaper ($150 max)

So $80/month one pin and then $10/mo more for each additional pin. These are max/high prices. Each situation would be based on the security provided and I am using $8000 value for the pin. $4000 pin value would be less.

And I am a pinhead so my rates are negotiable -

#2126 9 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

I have a feeling, I don't know. But if he had insurance, it would suck to have the game gone yes, but it wouldn't be a such huge deal because insurance would reimburse him I would think.

#2127 9 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

John is great to deal with,I used him more than once.

#2128 9 years ago

Really want this machine in the hands of a collector and not put this up on Kjijii so I will lower the price down to $8000, my loss is your gain... If no interest then it will be put on there...

Feel free to PM me if you have interest...

Quoted from pins4life33:

Well been real slow on here lately, going to put my Mustang LE #11 up for sale it has the following mods;
Hooked tachometer, shifter and plate,
Super band red rubbers,
Titanium flippers,
Red titan rubbers
Custom music package.
It was a NIB machine and many here know me and have even played the machine and can confirm this machine is like new just want it to go to a good home. Only selling as I am going to be buying a new car and selling a machine to help fund it. $8500 gets it. Willing to accept trades for Cash + Centaur or Fathom
Feel free to PM me if you have interest.
IMG_0045.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_0071.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_0074.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_0075.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_0077.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_0078.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_0079.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_0080.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_0081.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_0082.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_0083.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_0086.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

#2129 9 years ago

Forgot to mention that deductible on insurance would be $1000 so even though a person may collect back some of their loss they would have to pay $1000.

#2130 9 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Hope the best for you and your family. Also I was there last night as well must of just miss you. Would of been nice to run into a fellow pinsider there at random. And yes smokedog line up is great and he always switching up games so when's Tron coming back man.

What time were you there? I was there probably 10:15-midnight.

#2131 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I have a feeling, I don't know. But if he had insurance, it would suck to have the game gone yes, but it wouldn't be a such huge deal because insurance would reimburse him I would think.

Well, yes and no. Given the likely mediocre profit margin he has, claiming the machine would likely kill him for his renewal over just eating the loss. The insurance is more for liability, at least it should be. Honestly., if I was in his position, I would likely exhaust all avenues with finding it and the police, and only then weigh in at the cost vs how it would affect my policy.

#2132 9 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

What time were you there? I was there probably 10:15-midnight.

8 until 11 or so I thought.

#2133 9 years ago

There were two guys playing guitar hero when I got there. No one touched the machines the whole time I was there. Everyone was watching hockey.

#2134 9 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

There were two guys playing guitar hero when I got there. No one touched the machines the whole time I was there. Everyone was watching hockey.

Might of been 10 when we left. Was there a few credits left on LOTR if so had to be 10.

#2135 9 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Forgot to mention that deductible on insurance would be $1000 so even though a person may collect back some of their loss they would have to pay $1000.

Ouch; makes sense for a PIN at that price range, but any of my vids at the time would have been ~$500 on a good day; another reason I did not look deeply into it.

Good to know the option exists if I decide to take the red pill and somehow start operating pins...

#2136 9 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Might of been 10 when we left. Was there a few credits left on LOTR if so had to be 10.

Yes there was! Thanks!

#2137 9 years ago

Here is some more examples done today. Calgary to Surrey, BC $165
Surrey, BC to Saint John's, NFLD $350 includes the ferry charge.
Both 300 lbs. 40" x 48" x 60" depot to depot

#2138 9 years ago

That is cheap
Good job John.
Afm is getting packed up this weekend (not mine)
Should be dropped off soon for shipping.

#2139 9 years ago

I need to expand my search I thought it would be a lot more than that to have a pin shipped. How much prep work need to be done. Does the seller have to package it all up and deliver it to the depot?

#2140 9 years ago

I got one shipped form Regina to Ottawa for $154.90 tax in using sameday.

#2141 9 years ago

Great John just waiting to hear if hes packing and can get to a depot all good on my side. Cheers

#2142 9 years ago

Yep I did my ACDC BIBLE through Day and Ross and it was $160 Mission to Edmonton... Willing to ship my Mustang LE anywhere in Canada... $8,000 Firm to Pinsiders, can even put it back into the original box

Found my new car arrives in 10 days so one pin has to go, that was the deal

PM if you want it going on crappy Kjijii tomorrow...

#2143 9 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I need to expand my search I thought it would be a lot more than that to have a pin shipped. How much prep work need to be done. Does the seller have to package it all up and deliver it to the depot?

Yes,depot to depot for those rates.

#2144 9 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Yes there was! Thanks!

Well we must have just missed each other. But at least my credits went to good use. Cheers

#2146 9 years ago

Most transport companies give good rates. Others have used Maritime-Ontario, Armour, etc. Sameday didn't have good rates for me. Usually people wrap the pin in cardboard or blanket(s), & shrink wrap. They either use straps or quality rope to secure the pin upright to skid. Place cardboard under the pin, which I usually forget in case a nail rubs it from the skid. Usually wrap the legs & secure to skid. I use large pipe foam from Home Depot between the top front edge of head resting on the playfield glass. Some companies won't deal with individuals if they don't have a company. It gets way easier with time & many shipments.

Also it helps for me that i'm in the pinball business, (Day & Ross) what are you shipping? Used pinball machine, wow must be why your company is called Great Pinball Limited.

#2147 9 years ago

Yes I getting one shipped from AB too TO though Day and Ross for 189 great prices

#2148 9 years ago

1. good shipping rates, my NGG shipped from Toronto, I think around 200.

2. Guys, no one is looking to sell a Taxi? Still looking...heard there is one in Red Deer, but I bet it's way over priced...

#2149 9 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

1. good shipping rates, my NGG shipped from Toronto, I think around 200.
2. Guys, no one is looking to sell a Taxi? Still looking...heard there is one in Red Deer, but I bet it's way over priced...

Yes for sure over price

#2150 9 years ago

Nothing to see here.

There are 24,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 497.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.