(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 429 of 496.
#21401 1 year ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

I don't think anyone is saying it is not a great game... in fact TMC said he would pay $12K for one so even he wants to own one. I too really enjoy playing it.
This is more about bang for the buck. JJP has hiked the price over 25% (compared to GnR release 2 years ago at $9500). Had JJP stuck closer to that price structure (while allowing for inflation, etc) TS4 would have been better accepted and would be actually selling in greater volume.

Everyone across the board has hiked prices. Jjp currently selling LEs of gnr for 11k usd.

I mean 2 years ago or just before COVID anyways I bought a Metallica le for 11,500 cad.

I will admit I didn't remember the MSRP of gnr at the time of release nor cared but they have been 11k on the jjp site for quite a while.

Ts4 is too expensive though I won't argue that. But all pinballs are right now. Used and nib. I'm seeing ppl all 8k for stinkers like South park lol

#21402 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

Everyone across the board has hiked prices. Jjp currently selling LEs of gnr for 11k usd.
I mean 2 years ago or just before COVID anyways I bought a Metallica le for 11,500 cad.
I will admit I didn't remember the MSRP of gnr at the time of release nor cared but they have been 11k on the jjp site for quite a while.
Ts4 is too expensive though I won't argue that. But all pinballs are right now. Used and nib. I'm seeing ppl all 8k for stinkers like South park lol

CGC Sells their NIB LEs under $10k. Doubt they will continue that trend on the next release but just saying not all manufacturers are actively trying to gouge customers.

#21403 1 year ago

Nitro booth Rush pro was 8100 at Yegpin after $500 show discount. While I don't care for Rush, I'd rather have two pros and some cash leftover then one TS4.

There's a 10k us TS4le on marketplace. TMCs 12k offer might be a little low but probably closer to where the pricing will be on it.

Also, we all know that someone over priced game on kijiji doesn't set the price. South Park just sold locally for under 5k. 6k Family Guy also.

#21404 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

CGC Sells their NIB LEs under $10k. Doubt they will continue that trend on the next release but just saying not all manufacturers are actively trying to gouge customers.

Just cant build them in a reasonable timeline !

hopefully if the increase prices they could support better PR and build them quicker ..

#21405 1 year ago

Was just my opinion guys lol.

Based on gnr original price and also ts4 resale and even gnr resale prices.

Not the biggest jjp fan but yes aqua even I might buy a ts4 for 12k cdn or so!

#21406 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

Everyone across the board has hiked prices. l

True but used prices are coming down fast, especially older pins.

The price hikes of NIB this past year have really been eye popping. Gap is really pushing me away from NIB.

#21407 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

True but used prices are coming down fast, especially older pins.
The price hikes of NIB this past year have really been eye popping. Gap is really pushing me away from NIB.

Ya for sure. For a while NiB was cheaper than the used market... Manufactures might wanted to catch up here, but now the use market (not all pins, there are exceptions) is going down.

Let's see what the future holds, always hard to predict!

In the mean time, let's play pinball and enjoy it

Oh and Any pins for sale?!?!

#21408 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Oh and Any pins for sale?!?!

LOTR(mine but not at my house right now) and LZ Prem(not mine but at my house right now) in the Ottawa area.

#21409 1 year ago

Anyone here shipped a pin from Canada to the US? Cost? Who to go with? Advice?
thanks, I have multiple US offers for my Metallica LE but need to figure out reasonable shipping (or maybe a road trip to Montana)

#21410 1 year ago

Let them figure it out if they want it bad enough.

#21411 1 year ago

We use CSA transportation we always do arrangements if we are buying a pin but never if we sell one. Your responsibility should be palleting, wrapping and strapping the pallet and getting it to a terminal if required and that is about it...

Quoted from dino7c:

Anyone here shipped a pin from Canada to the US? Cost? Who to go with? Advice?
thanks, I have multiple US offers for my Metallica LE but need to figure out reasonable shipping (or maybe a road trip to Montana)

#21412 1 year ago
Quoted from dino7c:Anyone here shipped a pin from Canada to the US? Cost? Who to go with? Advice?

I shipped a Stranger Things Premium last week.

Buyer made all the arrangements, it's a bit of a pain in the ass. They have to pay duty on the pin.

They used BorderBuddy as the broker and Beltman STI for shipping.

I also sent a JP to Detroit last week but I met the guy in Sarnia, he drove over, loaded in his truck and drove back home. He didn't pay any duty that way.

#21413 1 year ago
Quoted from guard:

Or if you're that thin-skinned you could always just list it where folks can't comment on it.

I wasn’t gonna bring this back to life, but I also can’t sit idle on this one. He’s not being outlandish at all, if you are in his province it is a fair deal. The main point I am gonna make though is if you buy a pin from this guy you are getting the best condition pin you are ever going to find on the used market. I am considered super picky and always make my pins better then when I get them even if that’s NIB. I have had games that’s before a single ball is launched cliffys are installed and fixes I have seen for trouble areas are implemented. My point is this guys standard makes me look like I treat my pins poorly. I would much rather own a slightly used game from him then a NIB that’s guaranteed to retire some dialling in. Rant over.

#21414 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

You must not visit the market here often

Gnr le asking prices are way down

$8700: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/146426

$8995: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/142973

Sold

$8500: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/144872

$8900: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/141911

Of course there's more expensive listings out there, but you have to consider the fact that deals are out there and the market has been sliding steadily.

#21415 1 year ago
Quoted from dino7c:

or maybe a road trip to Montana

nice drive ....done it before , beautiful sights

#21416 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

nice drive ....done it before , beautiful sights

for sure I have done it a few times...might be worth it for some shopping anyway

#21417 1 year ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Let them figure it out if they want it bad enough.

well yeah they are looking into it themselves I just thought a Canadian regional thread might have some good advice...not sure why I wouldn't try and help someone who wants to buy something of mine especially for full asking price

if locals were banging down my door I wouldn't be bothered obviously

#21418 1 year ago
Quoted from dino7c:

well yeah they are looking into it themselves I just thought a Canadian regional thread might have some good advice...not sure why I wouldn't try and help someone who wants to buy something of mine especially for full asking price

I feel it is risky as a seller to arrange the shipping for a buyer, or even give recommendations. The buyer should pick the shipper, decide whether or not to pay insurance, etc. as once it leaves your house it should cease to be your responsibility, and clearly communicate that to the buyer. Otherwise you could get stuck in a situation where, if something goes wrong during shipping, the buyer could come after you to recoup damage costs, or end up returning a damaged game and expecting you to eat it.

If you are going to pack/wrap it up for them, make sure to communicate and get agreement as to how you are going to do it (on legs, not, crated, wrapped, in a Stern box, whatever) and take pics while packing and once done so you have a record as to how everything was when it was picked up (or dropped off at a depot).

Most people in the hobby are good people, but when something can go wrong with shipping a multi-thousand dollar item, cover your ass is my recommendation.

#21419 1 year ago

When you post a game on facebook marketplace..... (TMNT LE, posted price $13k). I just don't understand some people, unless they think they are master negotiators and can negotiate any price they want?

Curt
Are you willing to negotiate? You are asking well beyond the retail price for the game.
Curt

Message sent
You sent
The retail price of the game was $14500. Newer Stern LE retail prices are now closer to $20,000
You sent
How do you figure it is well beyond retail?
You sent
That price was after tax and shipping of course

Curt
Just asking is all. Sorry. You are way above the average price. Which about 10000. Great game though
You sent
$10,000 (or less) would get you a pro model, not a limited edition or premium model. There are considerable differences

You sent
it's unfortunate prices are so high now
You sent
doubled since 2013

Curt
Yes I understand. Inflation everywhere on everything

You sent
Shaun Amos has/had a pro for sale and I think he was asking 8500
You sent
TMNT Pro that is

Curt
I would offer you 9500 cash today . But thinking we're too far off
You sent
Yup we would be. Nobody would ever sell any Stern LE that low

Curt
Well thanks for the chat. It's a legitimate offer. Highly doubt u get wat ur asking thx.

Curt
I can get that exact game from west coast for easily 9

You sent
I'd like to know where...

Curt
Dnt mean to be a dink. I have a basement full of pinball games which we play. Friends and family. It's not like I'm trying to lowball or nothing. Just seen ur add thought I would message. Plus ur in regina. Save 500 in shipping

Curt
People seem to evaluate there belongings 40 percent above cost.

Curt
I'd go up to 10. ?? I'd like to come play a game if that's ok with you. Then maybe go from there ,?

You sent
Do you have an account on pinside?

Curt
I dnt but wat does that matter?

You sent
You can see what prices are on there, what games sell for or ask the value of a game

Curt
Oh I already know that

Curt
I'm giving u a decent offer

You sent
Anyhow, I'm in no rush to sell, if it doesn't sell that is ok.

Curt
Obviously lol. Good game. Thx for the chat

#21420 1 year ago

It is always painful selling that is why I always buy

#21421 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

When you post a game on facebook marketplace..... (TMNT LE, posted price $13k). I just don't understand some people, unless they think they are master negotiators and can negotiate any price they want?
Curt
Are you willing to negotiate? You are asking well beyond the retail price for the game.
Curt
Message sent
You sent
The retail price of the game was $14500. Newer Stern LE retail prices are now closer to $20,000
You sent
How do you figure it is well beyond retail?
You sent
That price was after tax and shipping of course
Curt
Just asking is all. Sorry. You are way above the average price. Which about 10000. Great game though
You sent
$10,000 (or less) would get you a pro model, not a limited edition or premium model. There are considerable differences
You sent
it's unfortunate prices are so high now
You sent
doubled since 2013
Curt
Yes I understand. Inflation everywhere on everything
You sent
Shaun Amos has/had a pro for sale and I think he was asking 8500
You sent
TMNT Pro that is
Curt
I would offer you 9500 cash today . But thinking we're too far off
You sent
Yup we would be. Nobody would ever sell any Stern LE that low
Curt
Well thanks for the chat. It's a legitimate offer. Highly doubt u get wat ur asking thx.
Curt
I can get that exact game from west coast for easily 9
You sent
I'd like to know where...
Curt
Dnt mean to be a dink. I have a basement full of pinball games which we play. Friends and family. It's not like I'm trying to lowball or nothing. Just seen ur add thought I would message. Plus ur in regina. Save 500 in shipping
Curt
People seem to evaluate there belongings 40 percent above cost.
Curt
I'd go up to 10. ?? I'd like to come play a game if that's ok with you. Then maybe go from there ,?
You sent
Do you have an account on pinside?
Curt
I dnt but wat does that matter?
You sent
You can see what prices are on there, what games sell for or ask the value of a game
Curt
Oh I already know that
Curt
I'm giving u a decent offer
You sent
Anyhow, I'm in no rush to sell, if it doesn't sell that is ok.
Curt
Obviously lol. Good game. Thx for the chat

Lol. Doubt you'll get what your asking. Why insult the seller? You're a better man cause I would have told him to pound sand at that point

#21422 1 year ago

It is a turtles though…

#21423 1 year ago

Marketplace in general is a shitshow for selling. Doesn't matter what it is.

#21424 1 year ago

Jesus Rob that is horrendous!! I had a couple come look at my gold ball… and no interest in buying just wanted to play it to get an idea what they wanted in the future :wall:i agree market place has made kijiji look like paradise!!

#21425 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I feel it is risky as a seller to arrange the shipping for a buyer, or even give recommendations. The buyer should pick the shipper, decide whether or not to pay insurance, etc. as once it leaves your house it should cease to be your responsibility, and clearly communicate that to the buyer. Otherwise you could get stuck in a situation where, if something goes wrong during shipping, the buyer could come after you to recoup damage costs, or end up returning a damaged game and expecting you to eat it.
If you are going to pack/wrap it up for them, make sure to communicate and get agreement as to how you are going to do it (on legs, not, crated, wrapped, in a Stern box, whatever) and take pics while packing and once done so you have a record as to how everything was when it was picked up (or dropped off at a depot).
Most people in the hobby are good people, but when something can go wrong with shipping a multi-thousand dollar item, cover your ass is my recommendation.

for sure, thanks for the advice...and I wasn't planning on setting anything up I was just looking for recommendations on here of which companies are the best to pass the information along...guy got a quote over $1000 which seemed high to me. Heck I can deliver for less than that lol.

#21426 1 year ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Jesus Rob that is horrendous!! I had a couple come look at my gold ball… and no interest in buying just wanted to play it to get an idea what they wanted in the future :wall:i agree market place has made kijiji look like paradise!!

When I get a sense people don't know what they want or are not familiar at all with model variations, then I hesitate to deal with them. There's just too much that can go wrong and I don't want the hassle. Especially if selling an LE and sometimes even a Premium. if the person doesn't know what it is or how much it really costs, then no there's just no logic you can use when they are irrational. Obviously on FB Marketplace there are less knowledgeable buyers looking and it's certainly not an ideal place to try and sell a higher end pinball machine.

When someone knows what they want, knows what the game is and we agree on a reasonable price, then let the deal happen. Shipping for me is a huge issue, I'm just not able to accommodate that.

That's just me.

Rob

#21427 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

You must not visit the market here often
Gnr le asking prices are way down
$8700: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/146426
$8995: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/142973
Sold
$8500: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/144872
$8900: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/141911
Of course there's more expensive listings out there, but you have to consider the fact that deals are out there and the market has been sliding steadily.

You must not have actually read what I said. *JJP* IS selling GNR for 11k (as in, NIB)

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Games/Guns-N-Roses/Guns-N-Roses-Limited-Edition-Pinball-Machine.html

They are still for sale amigo

#21428 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:CGC Sells their NIB LEs under $10k. Doubt they will continue that trend on the next release but just saying not all manufacturers are actively trying to gouge customers.

Way to find the exception to the rule

I doubt they'd increase recently seeing as how they haven't delivered any machines for like 6 months lol.... would probably be looked at unfavorably.

#21429 1 year ago

Just a public service announcement after reading some nonsense over the last few weeks... sellers own the machine so they set the price. Politely make an offer if you wish but if it’s way off (like half), please don’t bother as you probably have a greater chance of winning 6-49 than getting it at the fantasy price in your head. It’s not about the seller’s price being right or wrong. Some sellers don’t really want or need to sell so these are priced higher.

And remember, if the feely feels in your buyer head make you all grumpy inside, it is precisely market demand that is causing this feeling. If you could just buy it easily, then no frustration right? The frustration simply means it is worth more and if you can’t afford then just say to yourself “I’m out” and go watch the hockey game. I am out on a lot of stuff these days and am completely at peace.

#21430 1 year ago

Addendum:

I just listened to a podcast with a billionaire and he mentioned a poker game he was playing with a pot that exceeded 1 million dollars (US)...

I just can’t afford anything like this - it is way above where I’m comfortable at and I’m ok with that for I am not a billionaire.

This is true for poker and for anything else in life including far lesser priced things like pinball. If you feel comfortable playing at a certain level then go for it. If not, then say to yourself “this is out of my league” and walk.

Anything else, especially berating sellers and complaining about how it’s not fair makes you nothing more than a whiney bitch. Have some respect for yourself. Lift your man head up and stop making these drawn out, high pitched sounds that children make - and for God’s sake please consider you are making these squeals about the price of toys.

Sellers set the price because they own the thing and someday after you buy your first machine you may want to sell. Then you will have that same right to sell at the price you choose. Simple.

#21431 1 year ago

What the fuck was that all about??

Early Saturday morning and I wanted milk on my cereal, not whine. ....

#21432 1 year ago

guard is quickly becoming my favorite poster in this thread

#21433 1 year ago
Quoted from guard:

What the fuck was that all about??
Early Saturday morning and I wanted milk on my cereal, not whine. ....

That's some funny shit. Guards have the best sense of humor.

#21435 1 year ago

I mean, I'm certifiable, but I'm with spinal on this one. Ya'll sometimes act like spoiled manchildren who didn't get their toy at a discount so obviously the seller must be wrong. You gotta pay to play and if you don't want to pay than stfu when you can't play.

I think this occasion calls for a price increase on my Judge Dredd, price is now $50,000 CAD (or USD, I'm good with either). Fuck it, I'll even throw in free shipping. Take it or leave it you taint guzzlers.

#21436 1 year ago

On an opposite note, I am lowering my price to $11K for my LOTR. Pics on Pinrev and MAACA.

#21437 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I am lowering my price

Coward.

#21439 1 year ago

Wow wake up this morning to 35 new posts and not a single new listing for us to price police or lowball.

#21440 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

You must not have actually read what I said. *JJP* IS selling GNR for 11k (as in, NIB)
http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Games/Guns-N-Roses/Guns-N-Roses-Limited-Edition-Pinball-Machine.html
They are still for sale amigo

Oh, I read it, but didn't think I'd have to explain that you cannot compare nib pricing to market pricing when discussing private sales.

It doeant matter what jjp prices nib at when the used market only commands so much and someone else is trying to sell that same game on the used market.

#21441 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I shipped a Stranger Things Premium last week.
Buyer made all the arrangements, it's a bit of a pain in the ass. They have to pay duty on the pin.
They used BorderBuddy as the broker and Beltman STI for shipping.
I also sent a JP to Detroit last week but I met the guy in Sarnia, he drove over, loaded in his truck and drove back home. He didn't pay any duty that way.

There is no duty on shipping a game from Canada to the US. The game is made in the USA so I believe it is duty exempt. I shipped a game to Utah, no duty whatsoever. They should speak to the shipper, maybe they can get a refund? Thanks.

#21442 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

There is no duty on shipping a game from Canada to the US. The game is made in the USA so I believe it is duty exempt. I shipped a game to Utah, no duty whatsoever. They should speak to the shipper, maybe they can get a refund? Thanks.

often times people confuse duty with tax. Most likely he is referring to the tax and brokerage fees.

#21443 1 year ago
Quoted from spinal:

Just a public service announcement after reading some nonsense over the last few weeks... sellers own the machine so they set the price. Politely make an offer if you wish but if it’s way off (like half), please don’t bother as you probably have a greater chance of winning 6-49 than getting it at the fantasy price in your head. It’s not about the seller’s price being right or wrong. Some sellers don’t really want or need to sell so these are priced higher.
And remember, if the feely feels in your buyer head make you all grumpy inside, it is precisely market demand that is causing this feeling. If you could just buy it easily, then no frustration right? The frustration simply means it is worth more and if you can’t afford then just say to yourself “I’m out” and go watch the hockey game. I am out on a lot of stuff these days and am completely at peace.

I agree with you on this. I myself have bought and sold 7 pins this year and 3 of those were NIB. I am well aware however that the market has changed and cycling pins that fast could cause me to take losses. I am now being way more selective because any NIB I want at this point will basically require me to lose a machine to pay for it. It sucks how expensive it has gotten in a few short years, but I will just enjoy what I have for now and save my shekels for deals or project pins. I am not gonna take it out on sellers. We want people to sell their games on this page do we not? Price policing people into the dirt isn’t gonna do that.

#21444 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Yes your right there is no duties on pins going too the US but there is coming too Canada

#21445 1 year ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Yes your right there is no duties on pins going too the US but there is coming too Canada

Wrong. There is no duty when bringing a pin into Canada as long as it is made in the USA. You only pay GST/ HST.

#21446 1 year ago
Quoted from generalgman:

Wrong. There is no duty when bringing a pin into Canada as long as it is made in the USA. You only pay GST/ HST.

When is the last time u got a pin from the US

#21447 1 year ago

Hmm. Let’s see. Brought up MM, CV, WOZ, Nascar,CFTBL, Who?, NGG ,JD andall out of Phoenix.You only pay GST.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/dte-acl/est-cal-eng.html

#21448 1 year ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

When is the last time u got a pin from the US

I thought the FTA took care of duty if made in either Country. Unless one side pulls a fast one like softwood lumber....

#21449 1 year ago
Quoted from generalgman:

Hmm. Let’s see. Brought up MM, CV, WOZ, Nascar,CFTBL, Who?, NGG ,JD andall out of Phoenix.You only pay GST.
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/dte-acl/est-cal-eng.html

Soooooooooo wrong..........

You magnificent no provincial tax bastard.

#21450 1 year ago
Quoted from guard:

Soooooooooo wrong..........
You magnificent no provincial tax bastard.

Yes, 5% is enough. I feel for the other people who get hit with the HST.

There are 24,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 429 of 496.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/429?hl=theshaft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.