(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,741 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Chambahz
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,741 posts in this topic. You are on page 423 of 495.
#21101 1 year ago

One thing I have learned from the pinball community is that absolutely nobody gives a shit what fair market value is. Everyone is looking for a steal of a deal without any caveats. You will never hear a "looking for a 7k formerly heavily routed players condition met pro", but you'll hear everyone gripe about how they can't believe MET is a 10k game. There is a reason MET fetches more than Avengers, ACDC, X-Men, Transformers, and many other games from the era...it's a better game. Of course it's going to cost more. I'm sure we all wish pin prices would drop, but they haven't since about 2000, so get over it and get with the times. You want a 7k stern? Better start lowering your standards or looking at older titles.

#21102 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I've got 8k for a MET, JP or IMDN...
Agreed today to buy a F14 with color displays, playfield protector and some other goodies for $3500. Happy to be back to owning my own games again.

Anymore of those 3500$ f14s in my neighborhood?

#21103 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Of course it's relative, but when someone comes out with numbers 1-4 grand higher than the market actually is, and is doing it on a forum collective if other enthusiasts, it just doesn't bode well.
Go to Kijiji if you want to fish, don't throw fellow collectors under the bus.
But like I said, anyone can ask anything for any game they want. The sale (or lack thereof) will speak for itself. It just sucks when people ask for a valuation and get shot with bad info.
Maybe I'm just having a bad day, I typically stay out of these talks.

You are ignoring the fact that some games have a lot of expensive mods that can increase the value drastically (Pinwoofer amp/speakers, COLORDMD, Pinstadium lighting, toppers, custom Spinny Vinny mods, etc). You assume all MET Pros are created equal.

#21104 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

You are ignoring the fact that some games have a lot of expensive mods that can increase the value drastically (Pinwoofer amp/speakers, COLORDMD, Pinstadium lighting, toppers, custom Spinny Vinny mods, etc). You assume all MET Pros are created equal.

Value is in the eye of the beholder. One man's treasure is another man's trash. Colordmd is a great mod I agree and a subwoofer can help games like Metallica sound a lot better. The rest I don't consider necessary and wouldn't pay an inflated price for.

Rob

#21105 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Value is in the eye of the beholder. One man's treasure is another man's trash. Colordmd is a great mod I agree and a subwoofer can help games like Metallica sound a lot better. The rest I don't consider necessary and wouldn't pay an inflated price for.
Rob

This ^^^

#21106 1 year ago

This again ^^^^

About time we go back to pre-pandemic thinking on mods. Most mods add ZERO value for resale. Pinsound, ColorDMD are the exception given the ability to use them on any game. If you want to recoup some of the cost then remove the mods and sell separately.

#21107 1 year ago

Agreed.

Ill toss in an example.
My MET Prem, I’ve had for years
But still No colour DMD. it’s not the cost.
I just don’t see value in replacing my working DMD with one that adds colour. Just my humble opinion as an example of “eye of the beholder” lol

Quoted from MrMikeman:

This again ^^^^
About time we go back to pre-pandemic thinking on mods. Most mods add ZERO value for resale. Pinsound, ColorDMD are the exception given the ability to use them on any game. If you want to recoup some of the cost then remove the mods and sell separately.

#21108 1 year ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Anymore of those 3500$ f14s in my neighborhood?

Seriously - I have not seen less than $4500

Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Quoted from MrMikeman:

This again ^^^^

I agree- most mods aren't worth anywhere close to what you would have paid on pinball resale. I have actually taken a mod out because I didn't like it.

DMDs and pinsound are $500 or more mods so ya.. a little different

#21109 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Did you read my post? I specifically mentioned the mods like powder coating and color DMD (as those are typically on the higher end).

As many here have said, mods don't carry a huge weight in value unless the buyer really wants them.

Also, if you bring up toppers, most aftermarket toppers are not expensive only a few limited ones and the OEM Stern's (which Metallica never had).

I'm sorry if you feel targeted, that was not my intention. My post was about fluffing prices on a forum of collectors (who have clearly backed themselves up with their own posts about valuation). A lot of people are afraid to speak up and often I don't but if you're going to cast poor info, I just don't want someone looking for help to feel burned in hindsight.

Also, take your own advice, you assume all met pros are shooting upwards of 7-8k usd and higher, but that's just not true.

I'm going to stop here, I don't need to explain further. If you want the last word, go for it, it's yours.

Don't feel attacked by something that was meant as information (from my personal perspective). We may not agree, but that's the beauty of having a forum, and for sale threads, and local (Canadian specific) topics.

#21110 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I agree- most mods aren't worth anywhere close to what you would have paid on pinball resale. I have actually taken a mod out because I didn't like it.
DMDs and pinsound are $500 or more mods so ya.. a little different

I've done the same. Purchased games and removed mods or made a deal with a seller without the mod (a game I bought without pinstadiums to save a few bucks and the seller used it on a different game of his own)

#21111 1 year ago

There's nothing I hate more than having to spend a couple of hours ripping out all the shitty mods someone paid big money for when I buy a game. I try to stay away from games listed as "loaded with mods".

#21112 1 year ago

One thing I always try and keep in mind, everyone sees over priced for sale ads because they are posted for months. When a pin is posted at fair market or even reasonable inflated the ad is online for a few minutes and only gets seen by a couple of people. Those ads everyone sees everyday for months on their local Craigslist, Kijiji, Facebook do not reflect the market. I love when someone posts looking for some pin and people post there is one posted here, you know the guy it is just so sick of seeing that overpriced ad everyday in his searches.

Anyone looking for 6K color bombed Phantom of the Opera, I might even chip in just to not see that ad anymore.

#21113 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

One thing I always try and keep in mind, everyone sees over priced for sale ads because they are posted for months. When a pin is posted at fair market or even reasonable inflated the ad is online for a few minutes and only gets seen by a couple of people. Those ads everyone sees everyday for months on their local Craigslist, Kijiji, Facebook do not reflect the market. I love when someone posts looking for some pin and people post there is one posted here, you know the guy it is just so sick of seeing that overpriced ad everyday in his searches.
Anyone looking for 6K color bombed Phantom of the Opera, I might even chip in just to not see that ad anymore.

Also a very good point.

This is why I also suggest looking at archived sales here to gauge what the sales may or not have achieved. Often times you'll see ether higher end of pricing not sold or sold without price vs the regular stuff that sells and prices posted for public eye.

#21114 1 year ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

There's nothing I hate more than having to spend a couple of hours ripping out all the shitty mods someone paid big money for when I buy a game. I try to stay away from games listed as "loaded with mods".

OMG this is so true. Not only shitty mods but also poorly installed, meters and meters of poorly colour coded cable and the worst, hacks into connectors and what not.

:)TOOL FLEX: I just bought myself all OEM Molex crimpers to make my life easier when repairing pins. Nothing like an OEM connection.

Please carry on.

#21115 1 year ago

Counterpoint, just so it doesn't sound like an echo chamber in here: I love when people deck their games out with mods (to an extent, obviously). It helps build up that "world under glass" feel when the mods are done right. Some of them are damn near necessary in my opinion. I will happily see the value in a game that someone gave enough of a shit about to spend time and money on, because when I buy it it will save me the time portion. Ya'll wanna rip out mods out of a game you're buying, maybe consider buying a different game and not shitting on someone elses time and effort that another person would actually appreciate. 2c

#21116 1 year ago

Silly question from a newbie...

My first game arrived on Friday - Star Wars Premium - and I'm curious why there was two sets of keys included?

The first set operates the coin door, the second set does not. Is the 2nd set for another lock on the game that I cannot find, or was it included by mistake?

#21117 1 year ago
Quoted from Peter_Griffin:

My first game arrived on Friday - Star Wars Premium - and I'm curious why there was two sets of keys included?
The first set operates the coin door, the second set does not. Is the 2nd set for another lock on the game that I cannot find, or was it included by mistake?

Back glass.

#21118 1 year ago

To remove the translite, mainly needed when you update the code with a USB (if not using wifi).

#21119 1 year ago

Thank you gentlemen.

#21120 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

To remove the translite, mainly needed when you update the code with a USB (if not using wifi).

Or change the fan out for one that is silent…
Or replace/fix the power supply
Or replace/fix the cpu

Ymmv

#21121 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Or change the fan out for one that is silent…
Or replace/fix the power supply
Or replace/fix the cpu

Ymmv

Those are mods, better rip em out

#21122 1 year ago

I hear ya brother. Not all mods are equal.
That said there is a lot of really low quality junk out there too.

I am good with high quality mods and those stay if I get a game that has them. That said, I often steer away from postings that read “heavily modded” as it is often not just the mod to be removed but also lots of hacks.

Anyway, carry on!

#21123 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Counterpoint, just so it doesn't sound like an echo chamber in here: I love when people deck their games out with mods (to an extent, obviously). It helps build up that "world under glass" feel when the mods are done right. Some of them are damn near necessary in my opinion. I will happily see the value in a game that someone gave enough of a shit about to spend time and money on, because when I buy it it will save me the time portion. Ya'll wanna rip out mods out of a game you're buying, maybe consider buying a different game and not shitting on someone elses time and effort that another person would actually appreciate. 2c

I feel the Tesla towers (mod) in my GZ look they were absolutely meant to be there.

#21124 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I feel the Tesla towers (mod) in my GZ look they were absolutely meant to be there.

Only seen one game where the person mounted them in a straight row. 3 different directions looks weird.

#21125 1 year ago

Thank you gentlemen.

Welcome to the hobby!

#21126 1 year ago

I hear ya brother. Not all mods are equal.
I am good with high quality mods and those stay if I get a game that has them. That said, I often steer away from postings that read “heavily modded” as it is often not just the mod to be removed but also lots of hacks.

Anyway, . Not all mods are equal.

Anyway, carry on!

Pinsound goes a long way on some of the movie related pins that have actual bands that play on the sound track , other than the 8bit sound , I'd say those are tasteful , a color dmd does enhance the pin , but also
Heavily modded I'd steer away from too

#21127 1 year ago

OMG this is so true. Not only shitty mods but also poorly installed, meters and meters of poorly colour coded cable and the worst, hacks into connectors and what not.
:)TOOL FLEX: I just bought myself all OEM Molex crimpers to make my life easier when repairing pins. Nothing like an OEM connection.
Please carry on.

Where did you get that from? How much?

Rob

#21128 1 year ago

What's a newly built JP Premium with IC and under 50 plays worth?

#21129 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

#21130 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Where did you get that from? How much?
Rob

Hey Rob, I got these from Ed at Great Plain Electronics.
Unfortunately, Ed is no longer open for business however you can find these tools elsewhere, albeit not at the price Ed used to sell them, which was a really great one.

I will use Ed's site as a reference, however, do not bother messaging because he will not respond.
The parts numbers are:
3132CT, 3133CT,3135CT,3136CT

This will cover all the connector sizes in a pinball from 0.062" to 0.156"

I did use a Chinese clone before with great success, it required a lot of tuning and finesse to achieve good connections but it did work.
The Sargent tool was built to Molex spec and the crimps are gas sealed. Perfect every time.

Before someone complains that this is the for sale thread, just contact me by PM for more info. Cheers.

Carry on!

#21131 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

This is the worth - Total cost $8899.00 USD + shipping & tax (where applicable)

#21132 1 year ago

If the next production isn't until next year, I can see people trying to get the new price for them.
with the market changing I am not sure if people are still paying NIB prices on lightly used games, I do know that mine isn't for sale nor I am planning to as it is one of the best pins ever made!

#21134 1 year ago

Okayyyy - which of you lucky dogs got the TSPP on kijiki for $7500 ?! Ya beat me to it!!

#21135 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Okayyyy - which of you lucky dogs got the TSPP on kijiki for $7500 ?! Ya beat me to it!!

That was a steal compared to the other one for 18k!!

#21136 1 year ago
Quoted from Steve_d71:

Well yeah but clearly that guy is just looking for someone to charge the idiot tax too. Or maybe just pass it along . .

#21137 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Well yeah but clearly that guy is just looking for someone to charge the idiot tax too. Or maybe just pass it along . .

lol, is that guy still trying to pull that one off?
That was my TSPP, which I bought off another pinsider here after picking up in TO. Paid $11.5 for it and sold it for about the same.

Really nice game!

#21138 1 year ago

The SWLE for 9K was steal too if only I was in Ontario.

Quoted from Steve_d71:

#21139 1 year ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

How did I miss it!!? Lol truly i never look.
Gimme a heads up!

#21140 1 year ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

It's not very often a deal like that pops up on the east coast. Most of my games I had to have Shipped.

#21141 1 year ago

On PinRev we don't think buddy was actually selling.....just pulling folks legs. NO ONE got a response back from "Patrick".

#21142 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

I think that was a scam, same seller as the SW LE for $9K

Looked very fishy. Someone who has those pins knows something about pinball and pricing.

#21143 1 year ago

The idea hit me after the almost same thing happened on MAACA,......scammers are trying to make their fake profile appear more legit by [not] "selling" games, so that when they go for the big scam, they can score more deposits.

Now it looks like they actually have sold games for great prices before....

#21144 1 year ago

I remember asking a scammer for more pics and they complied, told him that was a different machine, even though it was the same one from the same ad. [I was already looking at it]

They went freakin' ballistically insane on me trying to figure what went wrong because of that picture....

#21145 1 year ago

Interesting and very possible - I told him I was in if anyone backed out, and would go to $8k for the TSPP and got no response. Currently he is at a 5 star rating - you guys are probably right by posting a few pin-sale ads and actually selling a few little things he can make his scam look more legit?

Patrick if youre here, just know were talking shit about ya

#21146 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Sold mine for 3200$ and was glad to get it!

#21147 1 year ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Sold mine for 3200$ and was glad to get it!

Call me next time youre selling something! Take pity on me, I built a VPin in 2019 and got into the hobby in 2020, I think 7k for a 2000's Stern is a 'good deal' L O L

#21148 1 year ago

On that note - still hunting for a; Bad Cats, Junkyard, CFTBL and other Williams classics - hopefully for $3200

#21149 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

On that note - still hunting for a; Bad Cats, Junkyard, CFTBL and other Williams classics - hopefully for $3200

Give Shane at MAPL a call,.....you might pry lose his Bad Cats. Though I can guarantee not for $3200 or it'd be here with me.

#21150 1 year ago
Quoted from guard:

Give Shane at MAPL a call,.....you might pry lose his Bad Cats. Though I can guarantee not for $3200 or it'd be here with me.

Haha I actually already gave Mapl a go he said he was trading it to a buddy for a Diner. So I guess if that buddy is here I would definitely offer y'know, $5500-6k for that Bad Cats!

There are 24,741 posts in this topic. You are on page 423 of 495.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/423?hl=maur and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.