(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 419 of 497.
#20901 1 year ago

I haven't owned a pinball in 3 years now and the market is very volatile right now, what should I expect to pay for a good example of a Shadow?

#20902 1 year ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I haven't owned a pinball in 3 years now and the market is very volatile right now, what should I expect to pay for a good example of a Shadow?

mmmh it is a tough one... In our market, I would say 7-8. I would personally not pay more. To me it is a 7K game, maybe 7.5 if minty. More than that and it is overprice territory, so unless it's a keeper you are in the ditch for resale.
Plus almost nothing is selling now unless it is priced right.

#20903 1 year ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:I haven't owned a pinball in 3 years now and the market is very volatile right now, what should I expect to pay for a good example of a Shadow?

I think you should go for the one on MACCA, $5500 is fantastic. As long as it hasn’t been in a flood that an instant scoop.
Pretty much every part can be obtained for that game too.

My Houdini I bought has your decal set installed. Excellent work!

#20904 1 year ago
Quoted from Stebel:

I think you should go for the one on MACCA, $5500 is fantastic.

I sent him a PM this morning. My worry is exactly what you have mentioned.

#20905 1 year ago

I'd be interested in trading my TMNT LE straight up for a RUSH Premium.

Or if you have some other recent Stern premium/le, let me know.

Rob

#20906 1 year ago

Alright… who bought that TWD in Hamilton today? $8k was going to have a look at it.

#20907 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Alright… who bought that TWD in Hamilton today? $8k was going to have a look at it.

That couldn't be a real ad? Looked fake.

#20908 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

That couldn't be a real ad? Looked fake.

Was real. At a billiard place. Sold in a day, seller had no info.

#20909 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Was real. At a billiard place. Sold in a day, seller had no info.

Someone didn't know what they had

#20911 1 year ago

Pink Floyd - The Wall (Custom). ??

Interesting.

#20912 1 year ago

Hey does anyone have a data east Tommy for sale? A friend is looking. Cheers

#20913 1 year ago

Hey everyone. Haven’t posted in a long while. Hope everyone is good. Not looking to go full collection dump but need to get out of a pinball rut. Anything in the collection is up for sale if you’re interested. I’ve been debating posting my Star Wars for probably 6 months. Road show is definitely on the sale/trading block. The em I have I want gone. And F14… I’m on the fence with parting with. But would consider and sale or trade offers.

Feel free to reach out for more details.

#20914 1 year ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Someone didn't know what they had

Wow. My buddy and I both thought it was fake as no info. Looked like a new FB profile too.

Amazing deal.

#20915 1 year ago

Finally managed to Knocked ac/dc premium off the wish list today! Anyone have a laserific topper for sale?

#20916 1 year ago
Quoted from daytonspink:

Finally managed to Knocked ac/dc premium off the wish list today! Anyone have a laserific topper for sale?

I have one I'm going to sell as soon as I get my Tilt Topper replacement.

#20917 1 year ago

LW3 for sale or trade Monday bump.

#20918 1 year ago

Howdy folks,
Anyone have or wants to sell a decent PIN BOT in Canada?

#20919 1 year ago

Hi everyone. Anyone have a Black Knight sword of rage for sale or trade in the Toronto area?

I have a JP Pro for trade…

#20920 1 year ago

Anyone have a fireball classic for sale?

#20921 1 year ago

There is a rare one to sell in Quebec in St-Malachie. As I understand it is in Beauce.

A Mac's Galaxy: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-oeuvre-d-art/levis/pinball-machine-a-boule/1635235878

I am not the seller, I just thought that maybe someone could be interested in a rare MAC pinball. MAC was supposed to be an interchangeable and easy way to change pinball playfield and backglass to avoid Spain and maybe Portugal tax law.

Cheers,

Chris

#20922 1 year ago

nice players conditon Monte Carlo (1986 gottlieb premier) for sale in Windsor, Ont.

-alternate translite
-ground mods
-tastefully LEDed

$3000

#20923 1 year ago

TRON listed in Saskatoon on kijiji.

$10,900.00

#20924 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

TRON listed in Saskatoon on kijiji.
$10,900.00

yes this is mine. shipping available anywhere in Canada and trade offers are welcome

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/saskatoon/tron-legacy-stern-pinball-extra-mods-no-mechanical-issues/1635558883

#20925 1 year ago

I'll probably kick myself in the future by not buying, hoping for VE someday.

#20926 1 year ago
Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

yes this is mine.

Great seller,buy with confidence

#20927 1 year ago

What's a mint Dialed In standard worth these days?

#20928 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

I'll probably kick myself in the future by not buying, hoping for VE someday.

I understand the wait and hoping… but… with prices these days and the rumors of it tron vault being premium and SE only….. thats gonna price a lot of pinheads out…

#20929 1 year ago

You are going to start seeing quite a lot of machines that are priced out of most peoples pockets. Too many people like me joined the ownership club during COVID we way over paid and most will fall out of the hobby. They won’t lose the money they invested (really bad investment!) in the machines they bought. So they won’t sell and let them rot in a garage or shed. I know I’m here for quite a while now. Not all are though. I’ve been finding so many machines lately that are worth $1000 or less for sale at $2500 firm.

Quoted from toasterman04:I understand the wait and hoping… but… with prices these days and the rumors of it tron vault being premium and SE only….. thats gonna price a lot of pinheads out…

#20930 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

You are going to start seeing quite a lot of machines that are priced out of most peoples pockets. Too many people like me joined the ownership club during COVID we way over paid and most will fall out of the hobby.

Great discussion that we could have on the other Canadian thread (before someone chimes in here saying this is only for selling, which it is!). But, yeah, my own experience of joining the hobby early on at the beginning of the pandemic is somewhat similar.

#20931 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

You are going to start seeing quite a lot of machines that are priced out of most peoples pockets. Too many people like me joined the ownership club during COVID we way over paid and most will fall out of the hobby. They won’t lose the money they invested (really bad investment!) in the machines they bought. So they won’t sell and let them rot in a garage or shed. I know I’m here for quite a while now. Not all are though. I’ve been finding so many machines lately that are worth $1000 or less for sale at $2500 firm.

Not so sure about that. Maybe some people will leave the hobby but it's not your average bear that spends thousands of dollars on a machine, and most people who do have big homes and decent incomes. Certainly if you make $200K and really did want to dump a machine, you can afford to take a $1000 loss or whatever.

#20932 1 year ago

I understand what you are saying. I was just answering the previous statement. It’s not really supposed to be a discussion on price. Just an opinion on where this hobby will probably lead.
Kids aren’t the same as we were (assuming you are a 70’s/80’s kid). I spent most of my childhood outdoors with physical friends riding bikes to the few places to play pins or arcades, fishing, building forts in the forest, catching snakes turtles. My kids spend their time with virtual friends indoors. My kids and the few physical people that come over go nuts for them at first but the novelty wears pretty quickly as their faces turn zombie blue looking at their phone screens.
Yes, I’ve played every pin/arcade I’ve happened upon on vacations or shopping for the last 30 some odd years, my kids and ex were more aggravated than happy to see them knowing I was going to put a few bucks in to enjoy.
My life up until now has been about spending that money on vacations as opposed to pins. I’m sure that it will eventually be that way again for most if not all new owners on here now. I was the first of my group to buy a pin. The others have bought and now the machines just sit in their basement waiting for the next renovation to be either sold for what they paid or placed in a garage/shed until it rots. I know when they were excited about them they wanted a second, third but they were very priced out of that. Not to mention the time, energy and money to maintain.

Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Great discussion that we could have on the other Canadian thread (before someone chimes in here saying this is only for selling, which it is!). But, yeah, my own experience of joining the hobby early on at the beginning of the pandemic is somewhat similar.

#20933 1 year ago

I don’t know how much money you have, but I didn’t get to where I am in life just throwing away $1000 whenever and wherever. I don’t know too many people that are willing to do that unless they need quick cash for an emergency. I know that the machines I want that are currently sitting in the corner of basements aren’t leaving unless they get what they paid. I’ve been very clearly told that. They can definitely afford to lose $1000 and not blink an eye over it. They know what they have and you will meet their price or it will be stored (probably improperly).

Quoted from kool1:Not so sure about that. Maybe some people will leave the hobby but it's not your average bear that spends thousands of dollars on a machine, and most people who do have big homes and decent incomes. Certainly if you make $200K and really did want to dump a machine, you can afford to take a $1000 loss or whatever.

#20934 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I don’t know how much money you have, but I didn’t get to where I am in life just throwing away $1000 whenever and wherever. I don’t know too many people that are willing to do that unless they need quick cash for an emergency. I know that the machines I want that are currently sitting in the corner of basements aren’t leaving unless they get what they paid. I’ve been very clearly told that. They can definitely afford to lose $1000 and not blink an eye over it. They know what they have and you will meet their price or it will be stored (probably improperly).

I got out when prices started going out of hand right before the pandemic. But believe me when I say this. The economic downturn on the horizon might just get people to sell what they've said they would never sell. Let's hope I am wrong.

#20935 1 year ago

Yes, unfortunately I think you might be right.

Quoted from flashinstinct:I got out when prices started going out of hand right before the pandemic. But believe me when I say this. The economic downturn on the horizon might just get people to sell what they've said they would never sell. Let's hope I am wrong.

#20936 1 year ago

The problem is that people see these machines as investments when they really aren't. The market for new pins has finally corrected itself and flippers or opportunists are going to have a much harder time making huge money on these machines. This means when people buy pins they better want them or else they may be taking a small hit on them. Honestly it isn't a bad thing, the pin market is super inflated and you are starting to see a number of pinball machines that simply won't move unless they are priced in an acceptable range because only experienced buyers are only left in the market. There is still a huge market out there and machines will move if they are priced fairly there are just not as many noobs out there to take advantage of so getting those huge overpays may be far and between these days.

#20937 1 year ago

I agree!

Quoted from pins4life33:

The problem is that people see these machines as investments when they really aren't. The market for new pins has finally corrected itself and flippers or opportunists are going to have a much harder time making huge money on these machines. This means when people buy pins they better want them or else they may be taking a small hit on them. Honestly it isn't a bad thing, the pin market is super inflated and you are starting to see a number of pinball machines that simply won't move unless they are priced in an acceptable range because only experienced buyers are only left in the market. There is still a huge market out there and machines will move if they are priced fairly there are just not as many noobs out there to take advantage of so getting those huge overpays may be far and between these days.

#20938 1 year ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

It's a big toy and a hobby.

#20939 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

It's a big toy and a hobby.

True, now who's going to sell me a Shadow for what it's really worth LOL

#20940 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

When I bought my first machine, resale, investment and so forth were not in my mind. I wanted a machine to play, and to learn about how it functioned. Massive payoff!

The worst thing I see for the hobby are people selling machines at inflated prices that are not setup or refurbished well.. So people take them home and they are not fun to play. I've bought some where they were supposed to have been shopped, but after many issues it can be a real turn off. I've also sold numerous machines and created a network of great people that message me once in a while about how grateful they are and how much fun they are having with the machine! It's a good feeling!

#20941 1 year ago

Lmao! There is one for sale in Innisfil. The guy selling it is a great guy! I just bought my Pole Position from him!

Quoted from flashinstinct:True, now who's going to sell me a Shadow for what it's really worth LOL

#20942 1 year ago

I’ve only ever sold one machine. C37 he was awesome to deal with! I was very fresh in the hobby! Looking back I should have lost money as opposed to coming out even. I know now what condition really is as opposed to thinking I had something better than I did. I was just used to playing in the wild not home environment. One day I’ll head out there with my kids to see it now!

Quoted from koji:When I bought my first machine, resale, investment and so forth were not in my mind. I wanted a machine to play, and to learn about how it functioned. Massive payoff!
The worst thing I see for the hobby are people selling machines at inflated prices that are not setup or refurbished well.. So people take them home and they are not fun to play. I've bought some where they were supposed to have been shopped, but after many issues it can be a real turn off. I've also sold numerous machines and created a network of great people that message me once in a while about how grateful they are and how much fun they are having with the machine! It's a good feeling!

#20943 1 year ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

There is still room for more, which is why Stern is giving it one more kick at can before the party is over.
But the only way now is down before it goes up.
JJp greed didnt work out for the flippers and I think Stern is next. The value is just not there.

Prices are in most cases $2k over where they should, easy,that is my opinion of course. The last price increase in 100% unwarranted in a world where most chain supply issues have been resolved and they are just being used to continue gauging the market.
Companies reporting record profits rings a bell.

I think that as soon this changes south of the border, we will see a quick reaction on our side and prices will come down.

Stern will continue to make their cut as distros complete their mandatory allotment to maintain accounts.
If things dont move distros wont buy.

Stranger Things rebate was not too long ago. Machines sold NIB under msrp because nobody wanted it.

I agree with what Zartan said, some will be storing these machines and agree with Kool1 some will sell at actual market price to be moved.

Next year is where we are going to truly see the final market conditions. Lending is about to see more interest rates changes before end of year…
If you thought things were bad, fasten your seatbelts this has not even started yet.
Lots of deals to be had if you are patient, lot of people got in debt to buy these machines and will get out of debt by selling them.

Only those really committed to the hobby and wealthy enough to justify it will remain but not everybody in this hobby can justify a $10k investment in storage.

Long term ownership might see a gain just due to natural inflation, but I believe gauging a nib and speculation in the short term is done or at least it seems to be, which is great news and a lot of Huo machines will be for sale soon I think.

Getting a deal and selling at market is still flipping like flipping a house, but that is economics and how the world runs which in my book is fair game.
Scalping on nib is bs and I do not support it, a nib should be available for those wanting it and not to be scalped. I purchased my last HUO $200 over msrp and I was not happy, but well. I did that. Not doing it again.

You are overpaying for the pin when you are getting it from your distro, over paying the first owner is like having 2 middle men. This craziness had to stop.

#20944 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

Lmao! There is one for sale in Innisfil. The guy selling it is a great guy! I just bought my Pole Position from him!

it’s been sitting for over a month now.

#20945 1 year ago

Give him a call. He is great to deal with. He is opening a Bed and Breakfast or something along those lines so he is clearing everything out for that!

Quoted from flashinstinct:it’s been sitting for over a month now.

#20946 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:There is still room for more, which is why Stern is giving it one more kick at can before the party is over.
JJp greed didnt work out for the flippers and I think Stern is next. The value is just not there.
Prices are in most cases $2k over where they should, easy,that is my opinion of course. The last price increase in 100% unwarranted in a world where most chain supply issues have been resolved and they are just being used to continue gauging the market.
I think that as soon this changes south of the border, we will see a quick reaction on our side and prices will come down.
Stern will continue to make their cut as distros complete their mandatory allotment to maintain accounts.
Stranger Things rebate was not too long ago. Machines sold NIB under msrp because nobody wanted it.
I agree with what Zartan said, some will be storing these machines and agree with Kool1 some will sell at actual market price to be moved.
Next year is where we are going to truly see the final market conditions. Lending is about to see more interest rates changes before end of year…
If you thought things were bad, fasten your seatbelts this has not even started yet.
Lots of deals to be had if you are patient, lot of people got in debt to buy these machines and will get out of debt by selling them.
Only those really committed to the hobby and wealthy enough to justify it will remain but not everybody in this hobby can justify a $10k investment in storage.
Long term ownership might see a gain just due to natural inflation, but I believe gauging a nib in the short term is done or at least it seems to be, which is great news and a lot of Huo machines will be for sale soon I think.
Getting a deal and selling at market is still flipping like flipping a house, but that is economics and how the world runs which in my book is fair game.
Scalping on nib is bs and I do not support it, a nib should be available for those wanting it and not to be scalped. I purchased my last HUO $200 over msrp and I was not happy, but well. I did that. Not doing it again.
You are overpaying for the pin when you are getting it from your distro, over paying the first owner is like having 2 middle men. This craziness had to stop.

Companies would sail out with empty containers. They are now getting charged for causing a fake supply and demand scheme.

https://www.marineinsight.com/shipping-news/cargo-ship-owners-need-to-cancel-sailings-as-worldwide-trade-flips-from-backlogs-to-empty-containers/

#20947 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

Give him a call. He is great to deal with. He is opening a Bed and Breakfast or something along those lines so he is clearing everything out for that!

He won’t like the price I would give him. I really wanted that $5500 shadow.

#20948 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

There is still room for more, which is why Stern is giving it one more kick at can before the party is over.
Long term ownership might see a gain just due to natural inflation, but I believe gauging a nib and speculation in the short term is done or at least it seems to be, which is great news and a lot of Huo machines will be for sale soon I think.

Wait, I haven't read it all yet, almost done..!

#20949 1 year ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

He won’t like the price I would give him. I really wanted that $5500 shadow.

You can always try! Game looks great (better than mine actually, but I'm about to start on it), I can't see clearly but not much sanctum wear. Shadow is a real fun shooter!

#20950 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

You can always try! Game looks great (better than mine actually, but I'm about to start on it), I can't see clearly but not much sanctum wear. Shadow is a real fun shooter!

I feel it’s not worth what he’s asking but it’s not a bottom feeder project either.

There are 24,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 419 of 497.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/419 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.