(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,839 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by Eagles77
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,839 posts in this topic. You are on page 416 of 497.
#20751 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

I'd take the Deadpool and Walking Dead for the same price.

That’s what I’m talking about!

#20752 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

buy NIB and STFU, always complaining man.
from a guy who sold a TSPP for 13500$

Quoted from Joker19:

Speaking of price in the Ontario region. Just saw a Simpson and Family Guy for sale for 18k each (on Kijiji)! Yes, each, not both, each... Now I know people are allowed to ask what they want, but other people are also allowed to say that this is crazy...
I can almost get 2 NiB new Stern Pro for 1 used Simpson or family guy... Lol

Saw those too. It's crazy. Just now too ... a Corvette just got posted for 11k and an Elvis for 15k lol

Also not sure why people get angry and tell others to STFU? We're just chatting about pricing and how nuts it has gone. This is Pinside. You've gotta expect it. These conversations happen all of the time.

#20753 1 year ago
Quoted from chaz009:

That’s what I’m talking about!

Honestly, those are 2 great games and the price is good. I'm sure they will be gone soon.

#20754 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Saw those too. It's crazy. Just now too ... a Corvette just got posted for 11k and an Elvis for 15k lol
Also not sure why people get angry and tell others to STFU? We're just chatting about pricing and how nuts it has gone. This is Pinside. You've gotta expect it. These conversations happen all of the time.

im just tired of people telling shit to others. i started in this hobby during covid time. I bought about 10 pins and arcades.

im cashing them out now and loosing lot of money and honestly, im happy to quit this hobby and the pinball community(pinside). i will stick to one pin and thats it.

reading all comments here from a new pinball hobbyism is very bad, some of you are killing the hobby with your badass attitude.

#20755 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

im just tired of people telling shit to others.

some of you are killing the hobby with your badass attitude.

The lack of self reflection and projection in that one post is truly amazing.

Congrats on bowing out of the hobby in the least graceful manner possible....your shitty attitude will not be missed.

#20756 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

reading all comments here from a new pinball hobbyism is very bad, some of you are killing the hobby with your badass attitude.

see ya! (insert waving bye bye emoji here )

#20757 1 year ago

Who cares what price someone sells a game for or anything for that matter, no one is forcing anyone to buy it, if price is high wait until you find one cheaper or make an offer on what your willing to pay. Everything has a value to someone and someone’s value of a game might be different than someone else’s. Maybe someone over pays, maybe someone gets a really good deal. End of the day it’s their deal, their price, same as buying their money, their choice.

Everyone should mind their own business and be better than that. IMO

#20758 1 year ago

So you're saying were not allowed to discuss things? ?

#20759 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

im just tired of people telling shit to others. i started in this hobby during covid time. I bought about 10 pins and arcades.
im cashing them out now and loosing lot of money and honestly, im happy to quit this hobby and the pinball community(pinside). i will stick to one pin and thats it.

Bad ass attitude? You got that from my above message? Alright. If that's what you think. All we're doing is commenting on prices. Not sure what you mean about being tired of telling shit to others? I dunno man. People can list at the price they want and some of us chose to comment on those prices openly. People do the same thing if it's a good deal and they'll comment that's "someone got a steal on that one". Nobody is being a bad ass.

#20760 1 year ago

There seems to be an inability for sellers to admit that prices are ridiculous.
It’s ok for someone to charge a stupid price if there’s a buyer for it.
Doesn’t mean the price isn’t ridiculous!

#20761 1 year ago
Quoted from LastCall420:

Who cares what price someone sells a game for or anything for that matter, no one is forcing anyone to buy it, if price is high wait until you find one cheaper or make an offer on what your willing to pay. Everything has a value to someone and someone’s value of a game might be different than someone else’s. Maybe someone over pays, maybe someone gets a really good deal. End of the day it’s their deal, their price, same as buying their money, their choice.
Everyone should mind their own business and be better than that. IMO

It's a bit more complicated than that for those who care about the scene, and context is everything.

#20762 1 year ago

Prices are ridiculous for sure, but has anyone bought a house, car, truck, went to the grocery store lately, look back 20 years ago what you pay for these things let alone a pinball machine, always going to be someone trying to make a dollar from something so understandably can be frustrating seeing high prices, of course discussion is always good, just seems a lot of hostility here about buying and selling a pinball machine, end of the day it is a game, play them and enjoy them

#20763 1 year ago
Quoted from LastCall420:

Prices are ridiculous for sure, but has anyone bought a house, car, truck, went to the grocery store lately, look back 20 years ago what you pay for these things let alone a pinball machine, always going to be someone trying to make a dollar from something so understandably can be frustrating seeing high prices, of course discussion is always good, just seems a lot of hostility here about buying and selling a pinball machine, end of the day it is a game, play them and enjoy them

Yeah, So much of the valuation can be subjective. My only beef is if I know a person is either only in it for $, or selling off poorly maintained machines to noobs at high valuation.

The rationale is that I believe there are many amazing people who have donated so much of their life to improving and growing the pinball scene... and then with this, you basically have some parasites that choose to try to leech a few $ from people who may not know any better. In so doing, they create a trail of those people trying to get out what they are in.. kind of creates a mini inflation bubble almost. lol

#20764 1 year ago

Like why I can't sell a working led'd/shopped Old Coney Island for only $1100? Because I wont say "Ultra-rare game is the only one authourized by the Coney Island Assocsiation so you better not miss this once in a lifetime chance. Won't last long at only $3900"?

By the way, GP Old Coney Island for sale,...$1100, less then the cost of some em projects. One flipper is a bit weaker then the other as its a Bally coil and not the very strong GP one.

Check FB Marketplace in Guelph, Ontario. No shipping....I like folks to play it first.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/417805240341359/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Af29830ad-b590-4da6-a741-e5e7662f3d6f

#20765 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Also bought 3 shipped and while none ever got damaged in transit, all 3 were a disappointment to some extent. They all had had flaws/issues not disclosed or not shown in the pre-purchase pics. I am not likely to do that again. YMMV.

You definitely have to be careful - I only bought from somewhat known PinRev members.

Always some risk without seeing so always some luck also.

#20766 1 year ago
Quoted from guard:

Like why I can't sell a working led'd/shopped Old Coney Island for only $1100? Because I wont say "Ultra-rare game is the only one authourized by the Coney Island Assocsiation so you better not miss this once in a lifetime chance. Won't last long at only $3900"?
By the way, GP Old Coney Island for sale,...$1100, less then the cost of some em projects. One flipper is a bit weaker then the other as its a Bally coil and not the very strong GP one.
Check FB Marketplace in Guelph, Ontario. No shipping....I like folks to play it first.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/417805240341359/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Af29830ad-b590-4da6-a741-e5e7662f3d6f

Nice machine. Price is great. Kind of a funny era, that early sound and LED display seems to be a blocker for many pinballers... which is unfortunate as there are a lot of great games in that era, and when you get the feel for them, quite enjoyable and the sound grows on you.

Probably a good time for a pinball person to pick it up.. get some games on it, if it's not a keeper.. will be easy to sell at that price into the late fall I am sure...

#20767 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

You definitely have to be careful - I only bought from somewhat known PinRev members.

As did I

#20768 1 year ago

Pinside: Come to sell your overpriced games, stay for the hot chaff! Then leave because this wasn't the chaff you were promised!

#20769 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Pinball is the best hobby. Pinside is definitely full of toxic agros but it's also a valuable resource when you are stuck. Enjoy pinball and stay off of public forums if they trigger you

#20770 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Seperate!

#20771 1 year ago

I saw this thread had 20+ posts since I was last here, and thought people must be going nuts for my slugfest! Alas, sadly that does not seem to be the case. sigh...

#20772 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Maybe he will throw in a puppy?

#20773 1 year ago

There is a real Corvette for sale here cheaper than that pin ...
GLWS

#20774 1 year ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I saw this thread had 20+ posts since I was last here, and thought people must be going nuts for my slugfest! Alas, sadly that does not seem to be the case. sigh...

I would love a Slugfest, such a fun game for two people, but i'm already over capacity. I think anyone who doesn't enjoy that game hasn't actually played it

#20775 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Maybe he will throw in a puppy?

Then I might be in! Lol

#20776 1 year ago

I agree! There are some forums here I stay completely away from! There are also more that are just awesome, friendly, helpful and just plain fun!

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:Pinball is the best hobby. Pinside is definitely full of toxic agros but it's also a valuable resource when you are stuck. Enjoy pinball and stay off of public forums if they trigger you

#20777 1 year ago

Any tips for shipping to the US? I've only ever dealt within Canada. I have an interested buyer down south.

#20778 1 year ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Any tips for shipping to the US? I've only ever dealt within Canada. I have an interested buyer down south.

I shipped a GOT to the US in the spring. It was pretty easy from my standpoint, the buyer had it picked up at my house and only needed to prep it for shipping and attach some documentation (the shipper provided) to the game, and sign an invoice for customs. Also attached game to a skid.

This is the contact they used: [email protected] (John Fletcher). They seemed pretty happy with the service, game went from Ontario to Utah.

#20779 1 year ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Indeed it is a slugfest! Just not the one you were referring to.

#20780 1 year ago

Make the buyer make all the arrangements, you should just be responsible for palleting, packing and strapping machine. The buyer will send you the Bill of Lading that will you sign and you will affix to machine and make sure you get paid before you ship. Pretty easy…

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

#20781 1 year ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Contact Meegis he can help you

#20782 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Honestly, those are 2 great games and the price is good. I'm sure they will be gone soon.

Thanks a lot. But if they are going to sell as a package someone better step up fast. I have a good offer on the Deadpool …. might be gone.

#20783 1 year ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Thanks a lot. But if they are going to sell as a package someone better step up fast. I have a good offer on the Deadpool …. might be gone.

Ya, sometimes deals are hard to pass. But if someone starts in the hobby and are looking to have 2 really different games and fun as well at the same time, this is a great combo.

#20785 1 year ago

South Park up for trade.

May also consider some trades for our munsters LE

-Gilligans is sold!

Located in mission BC

#20786 1 year ago

Have a nice Spy Hunter for sale in Montreal.
$4500. Experienced shipper can pack and pallet at buyers expense.
Pics on maaca, PBREV, and Kijiji.

#20787 1 year ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Have a nice Spy Hunter for sale in Montreal.
$4500. Experienced shipper can pack and pallet at buyers expense.
Pics on maaca, PBREV, and Kijiji.

Holy shit do I have nostalgia for that theme. I had Spy Hunter game on the computer in probably '84-'85?

#20788 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Holy shit do I have nostalgia for that theme. I had Spy Hunter game on the computer in probably '84-'85?

I loved playing that on my C-64 with my atari 2600 joystick!

#20789 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Yup, the pin was released in '84 and is pretty nifty !

#20790 1 year ago

For Trade: (pics on Kijiji / maaca / PBREV)

Cosmic Carnival Pinball Machine (2019)

One of only 25 machines ever made.

Open to trades +/- Cash depending on the title and condition.

Looking for:

Cirqus Voltaire
Deadpool
Guardians of the Galaxy
Iron Maiden
Rick & Morty
Stranger Things
The Addams Family
Tales of the Arabian Nights

Could be open to other games as well, let me know what you have!

#20791 1 year ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

For Trade: (pics on Kijiji / maaca / PBREV)
Cosmic Carnival Pinball Machine (2019)
One of only 25 machines ever made.
Open to trades +/- Cash depending on the title and condition.
Looking for:
Cirqus Voltaire
Deadpool
Guardians of the Galaxy
Iron Maiden
Rick & Morty
Stranger Things
The Addams Family
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Could be open to other games as well, let me know what you have!

Any price or pics you can share?

#20792 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Any price or pics you can share?

Looks to be this one if you are a member of either of these groups.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianpinball/posts/3293522730887221/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/310369809147909/posts/2094502144067991/

How long has it been since you played this? The flipper rubbers are dusty!

#20793 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Looks to be this one if you are a member of either of these groups.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianpinball/posts/3293522730887221/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/310369809147909/posts/2094502144067991/
How long has it been since you played this? The flipper rubbers are dusty!

Thanks for the link.... Been on the road all day, haven't been online much.

#20794 1 year ago

For trade:

IM pro for Met pro.

Plz pm if interested.

#20795 1 year ago

I figured everyone here is on pinrev but I will post here regardless.

Loaded JP Premium $15,500

HUO with 316 play.
$2000+ in mods but I would be willing to sell it stripped and back to stock. (except for the powder coating).

Would consider trades for TWD or recent pins.

MODS:
Shaker Motor
Speaker Lights
Backboard Lighting
Art of Pinball Sculpted Lit Signs
Interactive Jeep
Raptor Cage
Raptor Tower
T-Rex Electric Fence
Barbasol Can
Tilt Graphics Side Art & Caution Kit
Stern Headphone Jack/Volume Control
Pinnovators PinSub Kit
Pinstadiums
Shooter Rod
Voodoo Glass (Original glass included)
Full Powdercoating (Speaker Panel/Apron)
Trees, Pterodactyl etc.
Jurassic Park Pin gulp (lit one in photo not included)

#20796 1 year ago

Who here would be so kind in sending me some lessons learned after importing a game through Buffalo NY.
Seller says he has used shippsy recently for another Canadian pinhead.

I also remember a recent convo about shippsy in this thread that I will try to search for later today but was hoping that someone could reach out to me to explain the nitty gritty.

I have experience importing a game but it is always good to hear to other experiences as well.

Anyway… thanks in advance.

#20797 1 year ago

I have Used clearit.ca 4 times in the 2 years and it’s been great. The do not ship but they will be the customs broker.

Very simple online tool to use. The message you with any questions.

2 pieces of advice.

1) have the shipper lower the value of your pin unless your really concerned and want a lot of shipping insurance on it. You pay 13% tax on the value of the invoice.

2) if you have a business, you can import it under your business name, use your GST # and save ½ the tax.

May seem overwhelming but it’s pretty simple. Congrats on the new pin!

#20798 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I have Used clearit.ca 4 times in the 2 years and it’s been great. The do not ship but they will be the customs broker.
Very simple online tool to use. The message you with any questions.
2 pieces of advice.
1) have the shipper lower the value of your pin unless your really concerned and want a lot of shipping insurance on it. You pay 13% tax on the value of the invoice.
2) if you have a business, you can import it under your business name, use your GST # and save ½ the tax.
May seem overwhelming but it’s pretty simple. Congrats on the new pin!

If doing #2 and you get audited, be ready to fork. The game needs to be proven a business asset and on your books. Also, will need to be declared and taxed when you sell as well.

#20799 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

Yeah, So much of the valuation can be subjective. My only beef is if I know a person is either only in it for $, or selling off poorly maintained machines to noobs at high valuation.
The rationale is that I believe there are many amazing people who have donated so much of their life to improving and growing the pinball scene... and then with this, you basically have some parasites that choose to try to leech a few $ from people who may not know any better. In so doing, they create a trail of those people trying to get out what they are in.. kind of creates a mini inflation bubble almost. lol

Yeah, I had a guy off here repeatedly lie to me, even with irrefutable evidence in front of him. Blatantly ripped me off. No honour at all.

I'll only buy in person or from people I know. If you don't follow that rule, you'll run into a similar asshole eventually.

There are 24,839 posts in this topic. You are on page 416 of 497.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/416 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.