(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 414 of 497.
#20651 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Irony right there.
Anyways, for this threads sake I hope you sell all your pins.

2 are gone in a day haha

#20652 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Maybe we should rename this thread, "Does Anyone in Canada Have Any Pins They Want to Sell at Cost".
If someone spends $8k to restore a Getaway and decides to sell it for $10,500, versus someone that has an original they bought for $2k and decides to sell it for $4,500, what's the difference? Every game has a $3-$4k price difference depending on the upgrades and condition. Some people are willing to pay a premium for a game with all the addons and not having to bother installing them and making them all function properly.

Et voilà

And people think I’m there for the money lol

It’s a hobby like anything else.

All of you sell at a premium and makes a profit.

Pinside is a shitshow sometimes

#20653 1 year ago

If people ask too much money you will see the price cuts to follow. It's happening more than ever on PinRev.

#20654 1 year ago

#20655 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Whitewater sold for 12500$ on pin rev

That was my White Water and it was $12k. Never asked $12.5. Mine was also restored, color dmd, CC playfield, new parts and mechs, new decals, Pinduino mod, Brian allen Translite and Blades, new legs, speaker lights, and a bunch of other extras.

#20656 1 year ago

Try this again. Willing to trade Godzilla pro for a TMNT.

My game is loaded with the following: Stern side art and side rails, Stern shooter rod, shaker motor, upgraded speakers and inserts, 3D models of both Godzilla and Mecha Godzilla, and Art of Pinball flying saucer pop bumper cap. Plastic protectors, and upgraded building with flame burning mod, and custom dust cover, rubbers replaced with titans, and flipper toppers. Will be posting pics later next week. Looking for a TMNT with similar mods, if not, would consider a stock machine plus cash to cover the side art and side rails. Machine is HUO with about 500 plays give or take. Or would also sell out right to cover the cost of TMNT, and rails and side art from Nitro.

Any questions, just ask. Pics up on kijiji: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/calgary/ft:-godzilla-pro-pinball-machine/1631624048

Added 19 months ago:

Game is gone.

#20657 1 year ago

Some people need a 1 max per day post count on this thread

#20658 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

2 are gone in a day haha

This is exactly why people price policing is ridiculous. "They're not worth that", well, looks like to someone they were, so I guess you're wrong? I'm with transprtr4u you couldn't pay ME to take a Fish Tales, but if people want to pay money for them then they are worth more than kindling and parts I guess. Who am I to say?

The market may be trending downwards...or maybe it isn't, because Godzilla is still selling above NIB value, Pirates is still priced in 20k+ range, people are still buying restored 90's B/W games for over 10k. The reality is that people are still buying games, and those games are still (more often than not) priced higher than they used to be. No matter how much you hope and wish prices will go back down, the only thing that's gonna change that is if people stop buying games. And, I've said it before and I'll say it again, ya'll are a bunch of junkies and won't stop buying pins.

Judge Dredd price just went up, $49,250.

#20660 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

This is exactly why people price policing is ridiculous. "They're not worth that", well, looks like to someone they were, so I guess you're wrong? I'm with transprtr4u you couldn't pay ME to take a Fish Tales, but if people want to pay money for them then they are worth more than kindling and parts I guess. Who am I to say?
The market may be trending downwards...or maybe it isn't, because Godzilla is still selling above NIB value, Pirates is still priced in 20k+ range, people are still buying restored 90's B/W games for over 10k. The reality is that people are still buying games, and those games are still (more often than not) priced higher than they used to be. No matter how much you hope and wish prices will go back down, the only thing that's gonna change that is if people stop buying games. And, I've said it before and I'll say it again, ya'll are a bunch of junkies and won't stop buying pins.

45 years for flatulence

#20661 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

The price of used games is relative to the price of NIB. The only way that used prices (on modern desirable games) go down is if the price of NIB goes down. And good luck with that!

#20662 1 year ago

Yep it only takes one sucker lol…

Quoted from aeonblack:

#20663 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

The price of used games is relative to the price of NIB. The only way that used prices (on modern desirable games) go down is if the price of NIB goes down. And good luck with that!

Quoted from pins4life33:

Yep it only takes one sucker lol…

Yeah but that's the thing, stick around in the hobby long enough and your bad deals become good deals because of pinflation!

#20664 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Yeah but that's the thing, stick around in the hobby long enough and your bad deals become good deals because of pinflation!

Do you really think a bad deal in todays market will look like a good deal because of pinflation? When will that be?

I mean I guess it could be possible but it has to peak and if it doesn't, the hobby will die and price many people out including new enthusiasts.

Peoples basements and game rooms will get full and with no new hobbyists who will buy the games?

It will also kill shows and competitions because people will be reluctant to donate their hugely expensive games to shows and tournaments.

Would you donate a $15k game to a show or tournament for people to play the crap out of for 4 days?

#20665 1 year ago

GnR LE up for trade.

Message if you have anything.

Mostly looking for:

IMDN
EHOH
Stranger Things
Monster Bash LE
Star Trek LE

#20666 1 year ago

HUO BKSOR Pro with 664 lifetime plays, mirror blades and shaker $9500

#20667 1 year ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Would you donate a $15k game to a show or tournament for people to play the crap out of for 4 days?

Not trolling, but I did! And people over at the tournament took great care of all the games. I really enjoyed seeing both noobs and pinheads alike having fun with mine, truly! And some took the scores to a high place I didn't even know was possible, lol.

Shit happens, I realize a game can get somewhat damaged or banged up, but those games are built for this, right? Everything can be fixed. And I absolutely liked being told my game played flawlessly and people got a kick out of it.

Anyway, some may not share my enthusiasm to 'share' in this instance, lol, but that's how I feel about it!

Carry on folks!

#20668 1 year ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Do you really think a bad deal in todays market will look like a good deal because of pinflation? When will that be?
I mean I guess it could be possible but it has to peak and if it doesn't, the hobby will die and price many people out including new enthusiasts.
Peoples basements and game rooms will get full and with no new hobbyists who will buy the games?
It will also kill shows and competitions because people will be reluctant to donate their hugely expensive games to shows and tournaments.

I think none of us know where the market will be. People complained that Tron was 7k NIB. Some people thought I got hosed buying a near-mint TOTAN for 7k in 2013. Do I think a bad deal in todays market will look like a good deal? I was making a joke tbh, but frankly IDGAF either way, just like the rest of these junkies I'll buy em no matter the price if I'm interested enough. The hobby won't die because as soon as people firesale stuff, the diehards will buy them all up anyways. Those of us who like pinball will continue to like it no matter what the market says a game is worth.

Would I donate a $15k game to a show or tournament for people to play the crap out of for 4 days? Yes, I just did, 9 games all went out for a week to get played and enjoyed because my name is not Gollum and these machines are not my precious. If you wouldn't, I don't blame you, but you can slide your chair out from the "pinball as a community" table if you're not willing to let others enjoy your games.

#20669 1 year ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

I donate games to play all the time at Yegpin.
I also put them out on location.
Only thing I have changed is not putting LE's on location anymore.
Lots of the games wouldn't be seen to play otherwise for the public.

#20670 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Not trolling, but I did! And people over at the tournament took great care of all the games. I really enjoyed seeing both noobs and pinheads alike having fun with mine, truly! And some took the scores to a high place I didn't even know was possible, lol.
Shit happens, I realize a game can get somewhat damaged or banged up, but those games are built for this, right? Everything can be fixed. And I absolutely liked being told my game played flawlessly and people got a kick out of it.
Anyway, some may not share my enthusiasm to 'share' in this instance, lol, but that's how I feel about it!
Carry on folks!

I know you did and that GOT did play great. I ran that tournament and appreciate all the games donated. Without it these shows don't happen.

I open my house and my collection multiple times a year for tournaments and have for years.

I am not saying people like us don't exist anymore but it is becoming less and less. Maybe partially due to COVID but the market has affected this as well. Us hardcores are becoming more of a exception than a rule.

Quoted from pingod:

I donate games to play all the time at Yegpin.
I also put them out on location.
Only thing I have changed is not putting LE's on location anymore.
Lots of the games wouldn't be seen to play otherwise for the public.

I was at YEGPIN and you have an amazing group of people that support the community there. Was also nice playing with you a couple rounds!

#20671 1 year ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

I know you did and that GOT did play great. I ran that tournament and appreciate all the games donated. Without it these shows don't happen.

This was great fun! Meeting other pinheads was the main reason to go. That, and playing other games. You ran an excellent event! And whoever brought WCS got my stepbro infected, so much so he got a WCS right after (his first pin)!

I actually wanted to bring Mando Prem and Spider-Man, but ran out of time to organize transport. But I was glad to see Mike's Star Wars Prem. I since got one because of that (without the cool R2 $$$ topper he has, I had to draw the line! Lol)

Anyhoo, folks, it's not that big of a deal to bring games in. I plan to do the same in the future.

Sorry for contributing to the thread derail. Let's get back to selling those dream pins!

#20672 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

This was great fun! Meeting other pinheads was the main reason to go. That, and playing other games. You ran an excellent event! And whoever brought WCS got my stepbro infected, so much so he got a WCS right after (his first pin)!
I actually wanted to bring Mando Prem and Spider-Man, but ran out of time to organize transport. But I was glad to see Mike's Star Wars Prem. I since got one because of that (without the cool R2 $$$ topper he has, I had to draw the line! Lol)
Anyhoo, folks, it's not that big of a deal to bring games in. I plan to do the same in the future.
Sorry for contributing to the thread derail. Let's get back to selling those dream pins!

Waiting for someone to sell me a Deadpool le.

#20673 1 year ago

In our show people like donating their games as they usually get them back in the same or better shape. Especially the tournament machines as we really dial them in. Of course transport can be hard of them and we are finding better ways each year to do it better but 500 plays on a game is nothing these machines are meant to be played over 100,000 plays. Overall there are just some really good people in the community that believe in the hobby and want to continue to grow it.

Quoted from Murphelman:

Do you really

#20674 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:And whoever brought WCS got my stepbro infected, so much so he got a WCS right after (his first pin)!

That was mine. Happy to hear i got someone hooked

#20675 1 year ago
Quoted from Archon9000:

That was mine. Happy to hear i got someone hooked

You brought a pin to Edmonton from Quebec for yegpin? Props

#20676 1 year ago

At YEGPIN this year I couldn’t believe how many times I’d look up to see what version of a game it was and it was often premium or even LE! What an incredible show and thanks to everyone that donated their great games

#20677 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

You brought a pin to Edmonton from Quebec for yegpin? Props

Though he was referring to the Hawkesbury show. If not, then my bad

#20678 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I hope he is enjoying WCS now

#20679 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:Not trolling, but I did! And people over at the tournament took great care of all the games. I really enjoyed seeing both noobs and pinheads alike having fun with mine, truly! And some took the scores to a high place I didn't even know was possible, lol.
Carry on folks!

I always thought people were crazy to bring their minty games to tournaments and shows. However a friend of mine decided to host the biggest tournament our area had ever seen. He asked me and a bunch of our friends to bring our games for the day. I brought my Willy wonka Le and my dialed in. I was terrified at first but after seeing everyone play and enjoy my games my mindset was changed. Had some people say my dialed in was the best example they had ever played.

#20680 1 year ago

I totally get this mindset, the machines are really expensive and the fear is that either in transport or during play they may be damaged. Is there risks sure but I think for many people like you, actually get the enjoyment of seeing the great players compete on their machines or just enjoy the public getting an opportunity to try them out. When I had them all in my basement the most fun I had with them is when other people can over and got a kick out of them. Now with owning an arcade and running one of the biggest shows in Canada it is awesome because so many people ge the opportunity to try out the hobby that we are all fortunate to be a part of. Some of them get interested and end up owning machines and maybe some of them pay it forward by getting more people involved. It is the one of many things I do love about this hobby.

Quoted from Enron64:

I always thought people were crazy to bring their minty games to tournaments and shows. However a friend of mine decided to host the biggest tournament our area had ever seen. He asked me and a bunch of our friends to bring our games for the day. I brought my Willy wonka Le and my dialed in. I was terrified at first but after seeing everyone play and enjoy my games my mindset was changed. Had some people say my dialed in was the best example they had ever played.

#20681 1 year ago

I get the mindset! I think my favourite part of pinball is getting together with like minded folks and talk shop!

Made some really great friends in the last 2 years

Even Enron64 still talks to me after buying his LZ from across the country 2+months ago

pins4life33 helped me get a game a could not find here last year! And I am forever grateful for his help

The famous Murphelman and his family always welcoming me at their house and introduced me to many other collectors/players in our region

HoneyBadger for the laughs and friendship as well as Saltimbanco whom I recently met in person after many back and forth over pinside and we laugh our heads off every time we meet up.

I appreciate all you you! Much love fellows!
Thank you

That said I still cringe when my 7 year old nephew bangs on the flippers like a caveman lol

#20682 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I get the mindset! I think my favourite part of pinball is getting together with like minded folks and talk shop!
Made some really great friends in the last 2 years
Even Enron64 still talks to me after buying his LZ from across the country 2+months ago
pins4life33 helped me get a game a could not find here last year! And I am forever grateful for his help
The famous Murphelman and his family always welcoming me at their house and introduced me to many other collectors/players in our region
HoneyBadger for the laughs and friendship as well as Saltimbanco whom I recently met in person after many back and forth over pinside and we laugh our heads off every time we meet up.
I appreciate all you you! Much love fellows!
Thank you
That said I still cringe when my 7 year old nephew bangs on the flippers like a caveman lol

Nice post man!!

Richard

#20683 1 year ago

LOTR is sold, thanks to Dan Horne for the reference. It's going to a nice collector house in BC.

whitewater, fishtales, dirty harry and road show are still available.

prices are OBO.

#20684 1 year ago

Alien listed in TO on Facebook for $7000.
Seems like a fair price. Only 105 plays.

#20685 1 year ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Alien listed in TO on Facebook for $7000.
Seems like a fair price. Only 105 plays.

It’s an obvious scam

#20686 1 year ago
Quoted from Nickson:

It’s an obvious scam

How are you sure??

#20687 1 year ago

How are you sure??

Nevermind... just found the ad they stole the pics from on pinside

#20688 1 year ago

The first rule of PinClub “If it is too good to be true it normally is.”

Nevermind... just found the ad they stole the pics from on pinside

#20689 1 year ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

The first rule of PinClub “If it is too good to be true it normally is.”

Bro that's the first rule of life....

#20690 1 year ago

How are you sure??

Second rule of Pinclub is don't tell the scammers what they did wrong.

#20691 1 year ago

Game is going to another pinsider.

Quoted from blowback1976:

Try this again. Willing to trade Godzilla pro for a TMNT.
My game is loaded with the following: Stern side art and side rails, Stern shooter rod, shaker motor, upgraded speakers and inserts, 3D models of both Godzilla and Mecha Godzilla, and Art of Pinball flying saucer pop bumper cap. Plastic protectors, and upgraded building with flame burning mod, and custom dust cover, rubbers replaced with titans, and flipper toppers. Will be posting pics later next week. Looking for a TMNT with similar mods, if not, would consider a stock machine plus cash to cover the side art and side rails. Machine is HUO with about 500 plays give or take. Or would also sell out right to cover the cost of TMNT, and rails and side art from Nitro.
Any questions, just ask. Pics up on kijiji: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/calgary/ft:-godzilla-pro-pinball-machine/1631624048

Added today: Game is gone.

#20692 1 year ago

I couldn’t find the ad for Alien. They must be a Pinsider and read this!

#20693 1 year ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Game is going to another pinsider.

All Im gonna say is whoever that pinsider is will never love Godzilla the way I would have loved Godzilla! haha. Congrats on working something out.

#20694 1 year ago

How are you sure??

I saw the same ad, was pretty sure it was bullshit right away. Note that there are currently 3 ALIEN's selling on PINSIDE between $8,500-$9,000 USD! So for that person to be selling his at $7k CAN....uhhhh, yeaaaaah.

#20695 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I give FB credit, they have no problems taking down a reported ad, whereas Kijiji is brutal.....

#20696 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

All Im gonna say is whoever that pinsider is will never love Godzilla the way I would have loved Godzilla! haha. Congrats on working something out.

Argh …. The cleanup that would be needed after every game!!

#20697 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

May have been reported... after a little fun

#20698 1 year ago

Any interest in a German re-import Demolition Man? I'm in Toronto, pick-up only. Looking for $5,500 CAD for it.

https://imgur.com/305ATqo
https://imgur.com/Q616b59
https://imgur.com/A1tm9B4

#20699 1 year ago

Hey, I seen the ad for Alien pin as well, can you tell me hwo the scam is actually pulled? do they ask for a small etransfer deposit to book an appointment or something like that?

#20700 1 year ago
Quoted from Cariba:

Hey, I seen the ad for Alien pin as well, can you tell me hwo the scam is actually pulled? do they ask for a small etransfer deposit to book an appointment or something like that?

Basically. Do that X times and disappear. Probably don't even have to ask for a deposit. Low price so folks offer.

There are 24,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 414 of 497.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/414?hl=enron64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.