(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,841 posts in this topic. You are on page 400 of 497.
#19951 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

He is correct for sure - that's why cash is king.

You do realize the CRA does monitor kijij and sale boards etc. right? Cash or not. Be careful out there kids and ask a CPA if you're ever in doubt on your compliance obligations

#19952 1 year ago
Quoted from TBatti:

You do realize the CRA does monitor kijij and sale boards etc. right? Cash or not. Be careful out there kids and ask a CPA if you're ever in doubt on your compliance obligations

That's how it went down with the container deals many moons ago.

The importer, a hobbyist, got nailed by the CRA even though it was "cash" deals

#19953 1 year ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Maybe but unless you truly are making bucks reselling pins on a regular basis there is really nothing to worry about.

#19954 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Maybe but unless you truly are making bucks reselling pins on a regular basis there is really nothing to worry about.

sorry Dan !

#19955 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

30k gross sales, not net. Sell 3 at 10k and you're at the limit, like mentioned on previous page

#19956 1 year ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

30k gross sales, not net. Sell 3 at 10k and you're at the limit, like mentioned on previous page

This combo reminded me of this clip:

Selling pinball, right to shail.. stray uway shail.

#19957 1 year ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

If you think CRA has time to track everyone selling 5 or 6 pins (and the thousands of other items) on Marketplace then I guess.

Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

This combo reminded me of this clip:

Selling pinball, right to shail.. stray uway shail.

LOL

#19958 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

If you think CRA has time to track everyone selling 5 or 6 pins (and the thousands of other items) on Marketplace then I guess.

LOL

The cra have their hands full recovering funds from people who claimed CERB when they should not.
Keep on selling boyzzzzzz

Lol

$$$$$$$$

#19959 1 year ago

LOL, I wish.
I would quit my day job in a heartbeat.

Just think of all the parts and mods I could write off.
And the loses on sales as well.

Most of the games I get go for what I pay, or a bit above.
I do mod a lot of games though.
STLE just sold for what I had into it.
Played it for a bit and moved it on.

NIB games sell for what I pay.
I help out with that when I can.

TBatti what you think, should I set up a business so I can write off my loses, and costs

#19960 1 year ago
Quoted from pingod:

LOL, I wish.
I would quit my day job in a heartbeat.
Just think of all the parts and mods I could write off.
And the loses on sales as well.
Most of the games I get go for what I pay, or a bit above.
I do mod a lot of games though.
STLE just sold for what I had into it.
Played it for a bit and moved it on.
NIB games sell for what I pay.
I help out with that when I can.
TBatti what you think, should I set up a business so I can write off my loses, and costs

This sold already? Lol, didn't even have time to read the whole post!

#19961 1 year ago

Trying one last time to see if there is anyone willing to sell a GZLE in the Ontario area before I start going stateside.....

#19962 1 year ago

It would be fun to have a flowchart of all the games Dan has bought and sold - sometimes i think he buys the same game back before the owner even gets its home

#19963 1 year ago
Quoted from Soltic:

Trying one last time to see if there is anyone willing to sell a GZLE in the Ontario area before I start going stateside.....

My friend bought in one in Michigan, got tired off waiting to find one in Canada. Very unlikely. I know the LEs are 'limited', but is it really worth $8-10k US considering the only thing you can't add yourself is the real backglass? Powdercoating, HD glass, shaker, side blades likely cost you $1k tops.

#19964 1 year ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

How would this work in a trade scenario? If both games are worth say $10k, would this count towards the $30k limitation? Thanks.

#19965 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Powdercoating, HD glass, shaker, side blades likely cost you $1k tops.

Wow! Please share where you are getting these awesome prices! I come up with approx 1500-1700 for those add-ons not including a real backglass. My list doesn't include any shipping. These prices are if you go pick up at the distributor.
P.S. you forgot the side armor and the upgraded speakers.

Here's what I've seen/paid:
Stern HD Glass - $400 taxes in (I've bought a few from P1 and yes they cost that much)
Stern Shaker - $170 taxes in (comparing apples to apples. Stern shaker - not a knock off)
Powdercoating - $300-$500 depending on what you are getting done and style
Stern Side blades - about $130 taxes in
Stern Side armor - $370 taxes in
Speakers - $??? Depends on what you get but probably at least $100, more likely $150

#19968 1 year ago
Quoted from Birdnest:

It would be fun to have a flowchart of all the games Dan has bought and sold - sometimes i think he buys the same game back before the owner even gets its home

Or there's a possibility that he sometimes facilitates deals for friends of his that don't want to deal with the hassle of kijiji and marketplace people. Never mind the scammers out there! But your theory sounds good too! Maybe pinside can make you guys a badge for people who bought a pin from Dan! hey wait, i too would have said badge!

#19969 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Wow! Please share where you are getting these awesome prices! I come up with approx 1500-1700 for those add-ons not including a real backglass. My list doesn't include any shipping. These prices are if you go pick up at the distributor.
Stern HD Glass - $400 taxes in (I've bought a few from P1 and yes they cost that much)
Stern Shaker - $170 taxes in (comparing apples to apples. Stern shaker - not a knock off)
Speakers - $??? Depends on what you get but probably at least $100, more likely $150

In any case, point is the LE doesn’t have 6-8k in extra value except for a couple worthless autographs and a real backglass to justify 6-8k US extra in price.

#19970 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

In any case, point is the LE doesn’t have 6-8k in extra value except for a couple worthless autographs and a real backglass to justify 6-8k US extra in price.

That applies to any LE on the used market, thanks to flippers and gougers. However if you can buy it at retail cost then LE is in fact worth it as they are only 1500$ more expensive.

#19971 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

That applies to any LE on the used market, thanks to flippers and gougers. However if you can buy it at retail cost then LE is in fact worth it as they are only 1500$ more expensive.

Yes, agreed. LEs at retail are worth the extra $2k, this is why I opted for the Rush LE over the premium. I was lucky to obtain one. I can't justify the price difference in the used market for some games as there are no unique features to the game. Usually cosmetic changes to the decals or backglass, etc.

#19972 1 year ago

Hey everyone I just listed my Tee'd Off to sell. It's on facebook and pinballrevolution.com. let me know if you want details.

I also listed a 2/3 size virtual pin cabinet. It has everything you would need to play except the computer. Just use your own PC and plug in and go.

#19973 1 year ago

eBay Canada collecting Canadian Sales Tax as of July 1, 2022

#19974 1 year ago
Quoted from luch:

eBay Canada collecting Canadian Sales Tax as of July 1, 2022

Never using that to sell again then.

#19975 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Never using that to sell again then.

Forget selling. Will suck to buy on it as well! I am assuming the buyer pays whatever tax would be applicable in the province.

Is this for all items or just new stuff?

#19976 1 year ago

would imagine all sales , used , new , scams , you name it !

#19977 1 year ago

Anyone here with an AIQ LE for sale? (asking for a friend )

#19978 1 year ago

looking for a nice creature, twd pro or totan? anyone ?

#19979 1 year ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Forget selling. Will suck to buy on it as well! I am assuming the buyer pays whatever tax would be applicable in the province.
Is this for all items or just new stuff?

Definitely puts Canadian sellers at a disadvantage.

They obviously can't collect from US sellers.

#19980 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

My HD stern glass from P1 was $335 after tax last month.

#19981 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

New LE are almost unobtanium because deep pocket buyers buy every one and they get theirs while others probably don't.

Rob

#19982 1 year ago

True Story

Quoted from Rob_G:

New LE are almost unobtanium because deep pocket buyers buy every one and they get theirs while others probably don't.
Rob

#19983 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

I think you can get from some smaller distros in the US but definitely extremely hard from the 2 Canadian ones.

#19985 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjm:

No longer in Production here’s your chance to get one of the top 10 game

The game is clearly listed in Stern’s “IN PRODUCTION” section.

#19986 1 year ago

Not currently in production would be more accurate.

AFAIK they doing another run next year, at least I hope so cuz I’m on the list lol

#19987 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

The game is clearly listed in Stern’s “IN PRODUCTION” section.

it had been removed and added today actually, it must have been a mistake. I saw it myself. lol

#19988 1 year ago

was in archive this am and now back in production
anyway hard game to get

#19989 1 year ago

Anyone ever brought a game back using the Walpole Island Ferry from Michigan? Never seen this option before to travel back to Canada. Thanks.

#19990 1 year ago

Anyone interested in a trade Deadpool Pro NIB for a Godzilla Pro used? PM if interested. Thanks.

#19991 1 year ago

GnR LE barely played $15,500.

#19992 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

GnR LE barely played $15,500.

Wanna trade for a TMNT LE?

Rob

#19993 1 year ago

Anybody have a Stranger Things Premium or LE for sale?

#19994 1 year ago
Quoted from violinfather:

Anybody have a Stranger Things Premium or LE for sale?

Very hard to find unfortunately.

They should have made some this year, would have sold well.

#19995 1 year ago

Trade offers for TMNT LE? Prefer local or semi-local of course.

Anyone want to trade their Godzilla LE for Elvira LE?

Rob

#19996 1 year ago

Looking to trade my Godzilla Premium.

Looking for Monster Bash remake or maybe....Metallica.

#19997 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinwalker:

Looking to trade my Godzilla Premium.
Looking for Monster Bash remake or maybe....Metallica.

pinballjah has/had a couple of very nice Metallicas and I believe he is still looking for a GZ Prem

#19998 1 year ago
Quoted from mIkea:

pinballjah has/had a couple of very nice Metallicas and I believe he is still looking for a GZ Prem

I think that one of the sold but yes both were beauties at least as seen in his pics.

#19999 1 year ago

Looking to trade a minty minty TSPP with a few mods.

Only trades that I am interested in:

GZ Premium

Tron Pro loaded

#20000 1 year ago

Looking to trade my like new GnR LE.

Looking for:

Elvira HOH
Stranger Things Prem/LE
Lebowski
Iron Maiden Premium/LE

Prefer local, but open to shipping if the right trade comes along.

There are 24,841 posts in this topic. You are on page 400 of 497.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/400?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.