(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,634 posts
  • 702 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by KnockerPTSD
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

There are 24,634 posts in this topic. You are on page 399 of 493.
#19901 1 year ago

Premiums are 15k now

#19902 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

the party is over, cost of living is up, interest rates rising. We are going through the remnants of chain supply issues, once that is caught up, we go back to reality...
There is no pinflation other than a 'want it now' cost created by chain supply issues and people taking advantage of it...
Add to this, people that entered the hobby 24 months ago with more disposable income than they have today when gas was 1 dollar, food was cheaper and interested rates were low... We are soon to see all these pins flooding the market when things get a little tighter, that, and people just abandoning the pinball saga because they are now back to travelling and spending money in other things... some will remain, some will get divorced, lol, some will get more! but I think overall the niche will get smaller.
We still see inflated prices around here but those prices always been unrealistic for our -very small- market.
it is unrealistic really to expect our market matching prices across the border. I have tried it! Pins do not sell at those prices, because if they did, our prices would be actuallymuch higher than what they are there due to the size of our market share and the lack of inventory that we actually have.
After all, we are just a few hundred people buying pins vs thousands in the US... simple as that.
Your mileage might vary.

I think we may see pin prices ease a little (for the reasons you mentioned) but supply shortages will keep them up and the hobby is still growing. I personally know 2 people that just got into the hobby in the last 2 months. I don't know anyone that is leaving.

Market in Canada is tiny and lack of pinball shows and public places to play here keep the market even smaller than it could be. I hope now that Canada is finally opening up we see some machines return to places they were pulled from like movie theaters (more Cineplex theaters had them).

#19903 1 year ago

GnR LE, barely played, still has plastic covering the powder coated side rails.

$16,000.

#19904 1 year ago

I really(!) need to move TMNT LE. I think my last asking price was $13500 based upon pickup in Regina. I can't personally offer shipping, but I suppose I could ask Dylan if he would help. Extra costs are yours, not mine.

I can provide pics upon request. I'm the original owner. Game is low play, in like brand new shape of course.

Rob

#19905 1 year ago

Sold my dirty harry today, so i have room for one more pin.

Looking for one of these pins:
-totan
-cftbl
-twd pro
-ss
-ijpa
-cv

Thx

#19906 1 year ago

Decided to keep my memory lane..but have a ‘92 data east Star Trek for sale. It’s currently on CL Vancouver. Overall in real nice shape, plays well w no issues..asking 5000 obo. Open to trades +/- $ for another ss game..

#19907 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I really(!) need to move TMNT LE. I think my last asking price was $13500 based upon pickup in Regina. I can't personally offer shipping, but I suppose I could ask Dylan if he would help. Extra costs are yours, not mine.
I can provide pics upon request. I'm the original owner. Game is low play, in like brand new shape of course.
Rob

If you like TMNT this is a steal

#19908 1 year ago

Looking for a Slugfest, can buy or trade.

Games I have available for trade:

Iron Man (Stern)
Spider Man (Stern)
Rolling Stones (Stern)
Pool Sharks (Bally)
Eight Ball Deluxe (Bally)
Wizard (Bally)
Aztec (Williams)
Big Hit (Gottlieb)

#19909 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

If you like TMNT this is a steal

It's roughly $1000 less than I paid for it new 2 years ago.

Rob

#19910 1 year ago

HUO Led Zeppelin premium. Shaker and cliffy set. Reduced to $11,500 OBO
Open to trades

#19911 1 year ago

Can I get a price check on what a nice black knight 2000 is worth these days?

#19912 1 year ago
Quoted from derekbro:

Depending on condition and seller I'd say anywhere from 3 to 5k

#19913 1 year ago
Quoted from derekbro:

black knight 2000

The farm sale one ?
Was there this morning bidding already up to 4500plus 10% for auction house and tax ...
Game looks good , batteries are leaking bad and when they moved it last night they broke the backglass

#19914 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

The farm sale one ?
Was there this morning bidding already up to 4500plus 10% for auction house and tax ...
Game looks good , batteries are leaking bad and when they moved it last night they broke the backglass

Yup that’s the one,

Damn, that’s to much. thought it might have gone for a steal.

Thanks!

#19915 1 year ago

Bump on my SOF. Listed locally in Kelowna on Facebook Marketplace for $6k. TNT restored, pinsiders get it for $5500. If we can’t get that it’s staying with us . PM for details & pics, located in Kelowna. Local pickup.

Added 21 months ago:

Back up to 6k

#19916 1 year ago
Quoted from derekbro:

Damn, that’s to much. thought it might have gone for a steal.

Thanks!

No problem...
The backglass will add another 400.00
The concern would be the acid damage looked like original batteries.

#19917 1 year ago

MET Pro sold, heading to London to a Metallica fan.

#19918 1 year ago

Have a couple pins for sale, can deliver next week only to the GTA for an additional fee, or ship at buyers expense:

Iron Man (2010) - $6999 + tax

PM for dropbox pics.

#19919 1 year ago

TAF is SOLD
Aerosmith pro is SOLD

#19920 1 year ago
Quoted from pingod:

TAF is SOLD
Aerosmith pro is SOLD

And no Tron? Lol

Still looking for one!

#19921 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

No problem...
The backglass will add another 400.00
The concern would be the acid damage looked like original batteries.

There is no acid in alkaline batteries.

#19922 1 year ago
Quoted from generalgman:

acid in alkaline batteries.

My bad .... just a mess though all 3 batteries are leaking alkaline... mushroomed over the top

#19923 1 year ago
Quoted from derekbro:

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Depending on condition and seller I'd say anywhere from 3 to 5k

15+ years ago I bought one for $1800Cdn. The thing is, once I bought a new backglass, plastics, parts and had the playfields clearcoated, I was into it for $3500. Way more than I could ever hope to sell it for back then.

And I realized it's not actually that fun of a game to play. It's like 'right flipper all day'....

Rob

#19924 1 year ago

Looking for a Stangerthings pro. If anybody wants to sell or no of one. Thanks

#19925 1 year ago
Quoted from Kroshon:

Looking for a Stangerthings pro. If anybody wants to sell or no of one. Thanks

There's one in Ottawa, with UV kit. Check PinRev..

#19926 1 year ago

Thanks everyone who messaged me, Got lucky today and was able to knock fish tales off my wanted list! Only took 2 years to find one in mint condition at a great price. Now onto Whitewater!

#19927 1 year ago
Quoted from daytonspink:

Thanks everyone who messaged me, Got lucky today and was able to knock fish tales off my wanted list! Only took 2 years to find one in mint condition at a great price. Now onto Whitewater!

Congrats!

#19928 1 year ago

Star Trek LE
Over $1500 in upgrades which include the laser upgrade, cabinet, Vengeance and backglass led upgrades.
HUO, original owner
15K CAD OBO

#19929 1 year ago
Quoted from c2scanada:

Star Trek LE
Over $1500 in upgrades
HUO, original owner
15K CAD OBO

Might help to list the upgrades. Curious minds would like to know.

#19930 1 year ago

Just listed a Rolling Stones for sale. $8500

Located in Montreal and can deliver to GTA next week

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Stern The Rolling Stones Pinball Machine (2011) $6000 USD / $8500 CAD Great playing and looking Rolling Stones freshly shopped. Can pack and pallet for shipping at buyers cost...”
2022-05-29
Montreal, QC
6,000 (Firm)
Archived after: 18 days
Viewed: 170 times

#19931 1 year ago
Quoted from daytonspink:

Wow.. Was that the 5k one in Burnaby? Nice timing! Goes to show patience pays off rather than jumping at silly prices.

#19932 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

Wow.. Was that the 5k one in Burnaby? Nice timing! Goes to show patience pays off rather than jumping at silly prices.

Yes! had to jump on it the second I saw it lol. I was at Johns jukes a week ago and he had One that was in pretty rough shape and missing the fish topper for 7k. Prior to that I looked at one in Burnaby that had wood showing on the playfield in a few spots for 6500 .. Beyond excited! 1 more machine and then Ill start saving for my first house lol

#19933 1 year ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Just listed a Rolling Stones for sale. $8500
Located in Montreal and can deliver to GTA next week

Machine - For Sale

The Rolling Stones

New!

Fully shopped/refurbished “Stern The Rolling Stones Pinball Machine (2011)
$6000 USD / $8500 CAD

Great playing and looking Rolling Stones freshly shopped.

Can pack and pallet for shipping at buyers cost...”

3 hours ago

Montreal, QC

movingpictures

6,000 (Firm)

Isn't $6000 US about $7600-7700 Canadian?

#19934 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Isn't $6000 US about $7600-7700 Canadian?

I believe his cad price includes taxes

#19935 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

Wow.. Was that the 5k one in Burnaby?

Holy smokes Fish Tales for 5k…what a score!!!

Congrats!

#19936 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I believe his cad price includes taxes

So if I pay US I pay no tax? That makes no sense.

#19937 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

$7600 CDN + sales tax = 8500 ish

#19938 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

You'd have to ask the seller. I'm not quite sure to be honest

#19939 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

You'd have to ask the seller. I'm not quite sure to be honest

Seems pretty straightforward. He runs a business and is in Canada. If he sells within Canada he has to charge tax. If he sells abroad and ships the game out of country he cannot charge Canadian tax. It's not about the currency, it's about where it's going.

#19940 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Seems pretty straightforward. He runs a business and is in Canada. If he sells within Canada he has to charge tax. If he sells abroad and ships the game out of country he cannot charge Canadian tax. It's not about the currency, it's about where it's going.

This makes sense.

I just didn't want to answer in place of the seller.

#19941 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Sales in Canada have tax added.

If I ship it outside Canada no tax is charged.

Btw, anyone who sells more than $30,000 a year is required to collect and remit Provincial and Federal tax.
With the prices of games today, that's what, 2-3 games a year?

#19942 1 year ago

The other two I have for sale right now.
Heading to Toronto on Wednesday so I can bring one if prepaid!

Machine - For Sale
Partially shopped/refurbished - “Stern Avatar Pinball Machine (2010) $5500 USD /// $8000 CAD Can pack and pallet for shipping at buyers cost and arrangement.”
2022-05-29
Montreal, QC
5,500 (Firm)
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 191 times

Machine - For Sale
Iron Man Archived
Partially shopped/refurbished - “Stern Iron Man Pinball Machine (2010) $5500 USD /// $8000 CAD Can pack and pallet for shipping at buyers cost and arrangement.”
2022-05-29
Montreal, QC
5,500 (Firm)
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 291 times

#19943 1 year ago

Oh I made a bunch of selling memes… but cant be uploaded…lol

#19944 1 year ago

Btw, anyone who sells more than $30,000 a year is required to collect and remit Provincial and Federal tax.

No one will ever do remit tax for pin sales - government already takes 1/2 of our money.

#19945 1 year ago

Shhhh they might be listening…

#19947 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

No one will ever do remit tax for pin sales - government already takes 1/2 of our money.

You must be new here.
I'm guessing you weren't around in the container import sales days

#19948 1 year ago

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “For sale is my home use only Led Zeppelin premium edition pinball machine. I am the first and only owner. Game includes shaker motor and cliffy protectors. Goody bag is unopened an...”
1 year ago
Kamloops, BC
Expired!

Link to the game I mentioned previously here

#19949 1 year ago

He is correct. If anyone is buying and selling a lot of pins and is making money (profit) doing so the CRA "may" view this as a business. If you have gross sales over $30K in a year you need to be registered for GST/HST, and charge it/remit it accordingly. Even as an indvidual it is considered self-employment income and the GST/HST rules apply the same as they do to an incorporated business.

#19950 1 year ago
Quoted from TBatti:

He is correct. If anyone is buying and selling a lot of pins and is making money (profit) doing so the CRA "may" view this as a business. If you have gross sales over $30K in a year you need to be registered for GST/HST, and charge it/remit it accordingly. Even as an indvidual it is considered self-employment income and the GST/HST rules apply the same as they do to an incorporated business.

He is correct for sure - that's why cash is king.

There are 24,634 posts in this topic. You are on page 399 of 493.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/399?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.