(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,527 posts
  • 647 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Pinhead306
  • Topic is favorited by 395 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

There are 20,527 posts in this topic. You are on page 395 of 411.
#19701 3 months ago

It’s supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I’m praying that it is!

Quoted from transprtr4u:now that sucks ..... I would be calling them !

#19702 3 months ago
Quoted from northerndude:

What a strange thing that you're in here talking about this stuff....

In honor of the recent RUSH release, I thought I would check out how things were north of the border and work on my international diplomacy skills a little.

Also, now that I’ve read your post a few times, is that the polite Canadian way of saying “please leave”?

#19703 3 months ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I was literally minutes away from taking that B66. Since we live so close please keep me in mind when you are looking to sale/trade.

That's crazy snd yes of course I will keep you in mind.
I've been looking and had passed on two others so I figured that I should mind the old saying '3rd time is a charm'.
You know my buddy Greg here in London. If you are in London for any reason message me if you have time for a visit l, we'll play and talk pinball.

#19704 3 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

hope you get the theme song out of head !
congratulations

Thanks!

There is always pinball browser if it is too repetitive. Interestingly, I have long since added sounds and a bit of music from the '66 series to the pinsound in my Batman Forever. A few of the sounds on that just grind you after a short while.

#19705 3 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Difference between a leader & a follower - hah!
Seriously, I can't speak for Canadians at all (I've known very few on a personal basis over my life) nor do I represent any official group of Americans. With that said, in general, especially in the southern part of the country, we are independent, have a sense of rebellion, enjoy self-reliance, and don't really care what others are doing or think about us. While it may come off as being arrogant, it is really quite the opposite. We don't think we are better than anyone else, we just don't want to have to depend on anyone else or be a burden to them and we don't take crap from anyone trying to force their ways or ideas upon us.
When it comes to the metric system, we sort of have a hybrid approach. I use mm all the time in design, mg & ml in our medicines, meters in track & field, liters in our soda volumes, etc. However, we are fully entrenched in using imperial measurements for our American sports (football, basketball, soccer, etc.), and especially on our roads with miles/MPH/MPG/etc. Just the practical thought of the cost of having to switch out millions of road signs, mile markers, cars w/o KPH gauges to the metric system is enough for us to never do it.

Actually, the USA is metric system based.

Check out The Metric Conversion Act of 1975.

The problem was it was never properly enforced, and thus just got forgotten about and never changed.

In fact, a lot of industries are mixed and more netric than you may realize.

All your soda is measured in oz until you start calling the big bottle 2 litres.

Anything medical, typically metric.

What about all your handgun sizes. Ammo calibre?

When you look harder, there's a lot more metric than you may realize.

#19706 3 months ago

There's only 3 countries in the world that use the imperial system. America, Myanmar and the country I was was conceived in, Liberia

#19707 3 months ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Actually, the USA is metric system based.
Check out The Metric Conversion Act of 1975.
The problem was it was never properly enforced, and thus just got forgotten about and never changed.
In fact, a lot of industries are mixed and more netric than you may realize.
All your soda is measured in oz until you start calling the big bottle 2 litres.
Anything medical, typically metric.
What about all your handgun sizes. Ammo calibre?
When you look harder, there's a lot more metric than you may realize.

My recollection is, Reagan didn't like it. He killed that act.

#19708 3 months ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

There's only 3 countries in the world that use the imperial system. America, Myanmar and the country I was was conceived in, Liberia

Where's America?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_metric_system#/media/File:Metric_and_imperial_systems_(2019).svg

#19709 3 months ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Was reenacted by G.H.W. Bush. He liked it.
https://usma.org/laws-and-bills/executive-order-12770#

#19710 3 months ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

He didn't kill it, but he did cut funding. Let it be allowed by choice rather than what he refered to as 'metrification'

By defunding the efforts and allowing voluntary conversion, it became a harsh effort to convince everyone to change.

Canada went through metrification in the early 70s too. However, we stuck to it somewhat.

#19712 3 months ago
Quoted from Meegis:

we stuck to it somewhat.

We the sheep... sorry meant people..
Anybody have any pins for sale ?

#19713 3 months ago

Who needs that metric base 10 nonsense anyway? It’s not like it comes natural to humans or anything. If only everyone in the world could have 10 of something on their body that could help them more easily conceptualize this system.

#19714 3 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Anybody have any pins for sale ?

Maybe Mr_Tantrum can offer his JP?

#19715 3 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Maybe Mr_Tantrum can offer his JP?

In the words of the immortal Dennis Nedry, “Ah! Ah! Ah!”

Seriously guys, thanks for engaging me and answering my original curiosity. I’ll go away now, and let everyone get back to the intended topic of this thread.

Oh, and thank you to all of my Canadian friends who have bought and continue to buy mods from me, I sincerely appreciate your support and ideas.

#19716 3 months ago

I have a Led Zep Pro up for sale on marketplace!

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) “Jan. 2021 build date. Excellent condition, see pics for details. $6500 USD / $8300 CAD Willing to pack and pallet for shipping at buyers expense.”
2022-04-26
Montreal, QC
Archived after: 10 days
Viewed: 140 times

#19717 3 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

In the words of the immortal Dennis Nedry, “Ah! Ah! Ah!”
Seriously guys, thanks for engaging me and answering my original curiosity. I’ll go away now, and let everyone get back to the intended topic of this thread.
Oh, and thank you to all of my Canadian friends who have bought and continue to buy mods from me, I sincerely appreciate your support and ideas.

You are one of the TOP Pinsiders in my books! Appreciate all your continued assistance over the years!

#19718 3 months ago

Machine - For Trade
As new - New out of box (first owner) “First owner, purchased in January 2022. Fewer than 300 plays, as new. Local pickup preferred but will pack + ship if buyer makes all the arrangements.”
43 days ago
Vernon, BC
Expired!

Priced in USD, cheers.

#19719 3 months ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:There's only 3 countries in the world that use the imperial system. America, Myanmar and the country I was was conceived in, Liberia

I see the imperial system lots in Canada - construction is all imperial and meat is always sold in lbs. TVs are all in inches. All our scales are in lbs.

I personally don't care for metric but you have to know it.

#19720 3 months ago

Trying again... TMNT LE $13900 Cdn. Pickup in Regina, unless you can arrange packing and shipping. I'm just not physically able to move the game myself due to muscle issues.

If you want to make an offer on any of my other games, feel free to do so. I'll only be keeping 1 or 2 and I don't know which ones yet.

Rob

#19721 3 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

I see the imperial system lots in Canada - construction is all imperial and meat is always sold in lbs. TVs are all in inches. All our scales are in lbs.
I personally don't care for metric but you have to know it.

Things like TV's and other products is just because of North American marketing which is predominantly for US consumers. If you think in imperial in Canada it is because you are old. If I asked my kids height or weight they would answer in cm and kilos. I can tell them in imperial but they are just converting in their heads to how they think which is metric. When it comes to food they would measure everything in grams and ml. The whole cup, spoon, ounce is nonsense to them. They don't even drink in ounces they don't by a 26 they buy a 750 and a shot is 50. Well I guess that would be a double.

#19722 3 months ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Things like TV's and other products is just because of North American marketing which is predominantly for US consumers. If you think in imperial in Canada it is because you are old. If I asked my kids height or weight they would answer in cm and kilos. I can tell them in imperial but they are just converting in their heads to how they think which is metric. When it comes to food they would measure everything in grams and ml. The whole cup, spoon, ounce is nonsense to them. They don't even drink in ounces they don't by a 26 they buy a 750 and a shot is 50. Well I guess that would be a double.

Depends on how your kids are brought up.

My son (16) cooks and does so interchangeably (metric and imperial). He also builds his wood projects in imperial and weighs in lbs. He uses his phone to convert.

#19723 3 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Depends on how your kids are brought up.
My son (16) cooks and does so interchangeably. He also builds in imperial and weighs in lbs. He uses his phone to convert.

Well my mine were brought up at public school they are in university now but imperial would fall heavily into boomerville to them. Imperial has a negative or inferior stigma associated with it.

#19724 3 months ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Well my mine were brought up at public school they are in university now but imperial would fall heavily into boomerville to them. Imperial has a negative or inferior stigma associated with it.

Don't see it that way. Living next to the U.S. some imperial is just a fact of life unless teachers add that stigma.

Whatever - back to pinball

#19725 3 months ago
Quoted from Darscot:

All context. As the original start to this indicated, for engineering it's all about metric world-wide.

In construction, it's hard to imagine not thinking of dimensions like 2x4s and 4x8s.. speaking of which, it seems as time marches on, those imperial measurements drift further away lol.

Tire sizes, speaker sizes.. speaking of food.. how about a 355ml soda can?.. How about the size of your steak cut? our market has always been driven by USA.. IDK.. it's a mixture of whichever works best in the context given.. but it is interesting we both live close-by, but in my circles I'd say metric is only for engineering, roads and milk products it seems... it annoys me to need to click a button on canada post to select imperial.. reason is that most standard boxes and mailers are imperial.. haha

#19726 3 months ago

I am a bit of both myself, I kind of mix and match. I'm a Software Engineer and Gen X so I fit the old demographic. I learned the stupid system before I learned the smart system. My opinion on how to measure something is not meant to be a judgment on anyone or how they raise their children. If your championing the imperial system I am going to think you took the short bus to school

#19727 3 months ago

Anyway does anyone have any pinballs for sale Imperial or Metric ?

#19728 3 months ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

I have a Led Zep Pro up for sale on marketplace!

Machine - For Sale

Led Zeppelin (Pro)

New!

As new - New out of box (first owner) “Jan. 2021 build date.
Excellent condition, see pics for details.

Willing to pack and pallet for shipping at buyers expense.”

23 hours ago

Montreal, QC

movingpictures

Assuming that is in case that is a nice price! I can never tell these days.

Edit:. Guessing usd though. MSRP has gone up! Up! Up!

#19729 3 months ago
Quoted from koji:

Tire sizes,

Tire size is a weird one. Isn't that a mix of the two systems?

225/65R17:
225: Tire Width (in mm) /
65: aspect ratio (%) /
17: Wheel Diameter (in inches)

#19730 3 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Anyway does anyone have any pinballs for sale Imperial or Metric ?

Ok, just in from the imperium.

Listing my Stern Stars $2800.
HUO, Lady Driven, Low plays, humidity controlled, never farted on..

Well, maybe not quite.. but it's a solid player and I've never farted on it, and the room is nice and dry all the time:

vancouver.craigslist.org link

#19731 3 months ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Trying again... TMNT LE $13900 Cdn. Pickup in Regina, unless you can arrange packing and shipping. I'm just not physically able to move the game myself due to muscle issues.
If you want to make an offer on any of my other games, feel free to do so. I'll only be keeping 1 or 2 and I don't know which ones yet.
Rob

Damn Rob, That is kind of a perfect collection, I am surprised you have any of these still, let alone all of them!

GLWS!! Dave

#19732 3 months ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Damn Rob, That is kind of a perfect collection, I am surprised you have any of these still, let alone all of them!
GLWS!! Dave

Scoring on BM66 irked me so much that I hated playing it. Iron Maiden was a fun game, but I was never keen on the theme. Those two I already sold earlier this year.

I haven't been in a rush to sell anything. TMNT LE is really the one I would prefer to sell next, but maybe it's not sought after much I guess. Obviously DP and JP are going to garner the most interest. I never played my DP much, maybe 200 games. JP I played (enjoyed) more and it's the one game I have never completely figured the rules out on. Elvira LE, well that's a tough one because as an LE it's a highly sought after game. I don't even know how to put a price on it without sounding greedy. Maybe it's the other one I keep? I'd like to keep 2 or possibly 3. I don't want to sell everything. I did that once before about 15 years ago.

Metallica is probably one game for sure I will keep because it has sentimental value to me. John Borg signed my playfield and Lyman put my name in as the default Blackened champ. It's not the only game my name is in, but it has the most meaning to me now.

Rob

#19733 3 months ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Scoring on BM66 irked me so much that I hated playing it. Iron Maiden was a fun game, but I was never keen on the theme. Those two I already sold earlier this year.
I haven't been in a rush to sell anything. TMNT LE is really the one I would prefer to sell next, but maybe it's not sought after much I guess. Obviously DP and JP are going to garner the most interest. I never played my DP much, maybe 200 games. JP I played (enjoyed) more and it's the one game I have never completely figured the rules out on. Elvira LE, well that's a tough one because as an LE it's a highly sought after game. I don't even know how to put a price on it without sounding greedy. Maybe it's the other one I keep? I'd like to keep 2 or possibly 3. I don't want to sell everything. I did that once before about 15 years ago.
Metallica is probably one game for sure I will keep because it has sentimental value to me. John Borg signed my playfield and Lyman put my name in as the default Blackened champ. It's not the only game my name is in, but it has the most meaning to me now.
Rob

Good on you. When I looked at your collection I immediately thought don't sell METALLICA. I'd probably keep JP with it.

Good luck on the transactions Rob.

#19734 3 months ago

Looking to sell or trade my HUO mint Metallica pro. Machine is in perfect condition.

Link to YouTube video to see the machine. Willing to hold until yegpin with a deposit.

Possible trades +or- $$$
Iron maiden
Godzilla
Addams family
Avengers infinity war
Stranger things
Popeye bally
GnR JJP

Happy flippin

#19735 3 months ago
Quoted from Adib:

Happy flippin

You just got this... ?
Don't like it ?

#19736 3 months ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Good on you. When I looked at your collection I immediately thought don't sell METALLICA. I'd probably keep JP with it.

Good luck on the transactions Rob.

If we're telling Rob what to keep, I'd suggest Metallica, Jurassic Park and Deadpool as a 3 machine line up. That's a good range of pinball game styles when it comes to modern Stern machines.

#19737 3 months ago
Quoted from shaub:

If we're telling Rob what to keep, I'd suggest Metallica, Jurassic Park and Deadpool as a 3 machine line up. That's a good range of pinball game styles when it comes to modern Stern machines.

Metallica is such a well rounded game compared to many other Sterns.

Rob

#19738 3 months ago

Metallica is a keeper.
Especially that LE. BEAUT!

Don’t do it! Don’t do it!

#19739 3 months ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Metallica is such a well rounded game compared to many other Sterns.

Rob

Agreed. Jurassic Park as well.

#19740 3 months ago

Speaking of Metallica, have a beautiful MET Premium for sale, asking $16.5k. Fully loaded with COLORDMD, Pinstadium lighting, topper, Flipper Fidelity speakers, custom Sparky, hammer, shooter rod, candy purple powdercoating, shaker, etc. Lot more mods as well. If don’t want the colordmd or other mods, can discuss. Pictures posted on Pinside. Open to shipping within Canada. Thanks.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/130917

#19741 3 months ago
Quoted from Canuckgamer99:

Looking for Ghostbusters Prem, home used only please, I ain’t afraid of no shipping.
Thanks!

We got one! Thanks Pinside Fam.

#19742 3 months ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Speaking of Metallica, have a beautiful MET Premium for sale, asking $16.5k. Fully loaded with COLORDMD, Pinstadium lighting, topper, Flipper Fidelity speakers, custom Sparky, hammer, shooter rod, candy purple powdercoating, shaker, etc. Lot more mods as well. If don’t want the colordmd or other mods, can discuss. Pictures posted on Pinside. Open to shipping within Canada. Thanks.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/130917

MET seem more difficult to find the past few years. Color DMD is absolutely fantastic on this game! The only bad thing I can say is that the stock sound quality is not great. Better speakers or even a sub really helps.

Rob

#19743 3 months ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

MET seem more difficult to find the past few years. Color DMD is absolutely fantastic on this game! The only bad thing I can say is that the stock sound quality is not great. Better speakers or even a sub really helps.
Rob

Yeah.. funny how long it takes for people to realize games are good

Too bad no prod. nos.. but MET had to be one of the longest running titles in production from Stern.. seemed to be anyway... even spanned the era of incandescents to LEDs

#19744 3 months ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

MET seem more difficult to find the past few years.
Rob

Funny I see the opposite. Quite a few for sale. Seems there’s always at least 1 for sale in Canada at any time. They don’t move very fast as they tend to be listed pretty high.

Now if you meant “reasonably priced MET” then I agree…

Not that I’d be interested anyway. I just don’t seem to connect with music pins. I love the bands - Metallica, Rush, GNR, etc but the pins I find “meh” for some reason. But I know I’m the exception lol.

#19745 3 months ago

.Metallica is sold to wolffcub .. super great guy to deal with and easy transaction

#19746 3 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Funny I see the opposite. Quite a few for sale. Seems there’s always at least 1 for sale in Canada at any time. They don’t move very fast as they tend to be listed pretty high.
Now if you meant “reasonably priced MET” then I agree…
Not that I’d be interested anyway. I just don’t seem to connect with music pins. I love the bands - Metallica, Rush, GNR, etc but the pins I find “meh” for some reason. But I know I’m the exception lol.

When I bought my Metallica 9 years ago, I thought I made a mistake buying it. The theme didn't resonate with me and I am not really a Metallica fan either. I bought it because it just looked fun to play. I thought it was also a more forgiving, less drainy game than ACDC was.

Little bit of history as told to me by Lyman: Metallica was originally going to have plastic ramps. Lyman argued for metal ramps. His argument to Borg was "The band is called METALLICA, not PLASTICA.".

Rob

#19747 3 months ago

I have a minty HUO Ghostbusters pro for trade only. Looking for newer Sterns, 90s Bally Williams or JJP.

#19748 3 months ago

Would like to changeup the lineup. I have a nice condition Gottlieb/Premier Monte Carlo 80b for sale. Backbox and cab ground mods, alternate translite, roulette wheel works good, tastefully LEDed (about 70% LEDs). Cash on glass in Windsor, Ont. $3500 is my bottom dollar. Open to adding cash for dmd trades. Will drive for the right trade.

...I can't figure out how to attach pics?

#19749 3 months ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

Would like to changeup the lineup. I have a nice condition Gottlieb/Premier Monte Carlo 80b for sale. Backbox and cab ground mods, alternate translite, roulette wheel works good, tastefully LEDed (about 70% LEDs). Cash on glass in Windsor, Ont. $3500 is my bottom dollar. Open to adding cash for dmd trades. Will drive for the right trade.
...I can't figure out how to attach pics?

You can't attach pics to posts in this thread. You would need to create a kijiji ad & post the link here.

Or create a pinside ad and post the link here.

FYI

#19750 3 months ago
Quoted from Localspeedshop:

I’m selling my JJP pins .
First is a GNRCE HUO low plays approx 130 total .
Still has factory protection wrap on radcals on sides and heads . Goodie bag etc .
I have 25500 invested can ship with ease I have all my own strapping tools and pallets shrink etc .
It’s as new condition no mods barely played .

Both pins sold . And glad to say they are staying in Canada

There are 20,527 posts in this topic. You are on page 395 of 411.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!