(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 394 of 497.
#19651 2 years ago

Better deals stateside…..
When local guys are asking $4500 for a players condition grand lizard you know that a road trip is in your future…..

#19652 2 years ago

Worth the trip it is a fantastic game! Love to have one, one day!

Quoted from transprtr4u:

Left Edmonton yesterday at 3am drove to Spokan WA and back home at 11:58pm ... harsh 2200K but new to me Indy 500 in the door ...
Got to border and after quick discussion super nice border guy charged me $100.00 to make it Canadian

#19653 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Left Edmonton yesterday at 3am drove to Spokan WA and back home at 11:58pm ... harsh 2200K but new to me Indy 500 in the door ...
Got to border and after quick discussion super nice border guy charged me $100.00 to make it Canadian

Curious what your gas total was for the trip?

#19654 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Curious what your gas total was for the trip?

Rental Dodge Durango $125.00 ...
Fuel $225.00 ⛽
Was surprised being a hemi, but from full 800k per tank and most of the time had the crusie control set to 120..
Spokane to RedDeer was just more than 3/4 of a tank .
Avoided BC pumps at 1.60 a litre

#19655 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

No US cities have a population more than Canada. All of California does though. And can we please keep political discussions out of this thread? Good luck on your move to the US.

Good way to identify someone who has zero idea about communism, they make comments like the previous poster.

#19656 2 years ago

Look at the fuse you lit Tantrum!! Lol

#19657 2 years ago

Prairie prices cheap etc etc

Lol you guys update your bingo cards?

#19658 2 years ago

Does anybody have a LOTR in SK, AB or MB? Asking for a bud who wants to add to his collection. No preference on model or quality as long as it is functional and plays well.

#19659 2 years ago

I am on the lookout for a Bad Cats in Southwestern Ont - if anyone has info on one let me know!

#19660 2 years ago

Wanting to buy a machine off Aquapin and have it shipped to me from BC to Ontario. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can send the money safely as a buyer? (And not take my money and run ... not that I do not trust him, but I don't trust anyone on the internet THAT much that I don't know in real life ... even then ...)

He was going to have Nitro ship it to me, is there a way they can take hold of the machine and I send the money to them? Or I was thinking maybe sending the money to a third party of someone we both trusted on the forum to hold it until I confirmed I've received the game?

#19661 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Wanting to buy a machine off Aquapin and have it shipped to me from BC to Ontario. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can send the money safely as a buyer? (And not take my money and run ... not that I do not trust him, but I don't trust anyone on the internet THAT much that I don't know in real life ... even then ...)
He was going to have Nitro ship it to me, is there a way they can take hold of the machine and I send the money to them? Or I was thinking maybe sending the money to a third party of someone we both trusted on the forum to hold it until I confirmed I've received the game?

You could see if Nitro would do it for a fee since they're shipping it. I am not sure if they offer that service.

#19662 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Was surprised being a hemi, but from full 800k per tank and most of the time had the crusie control set to 120.

120? Dang! Or do you hosers use the metric system (i.e. KPH)?

#19663 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Look at the fuse you lit Tantrum!! Lol

Woah, I thought Canadians all played nice except in the hockey rink. Some of you guys are ruining the stereotype for me.

#19664 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

120? Dang! Or do you hosers use the metric system (i.e. KPH)?

Sorry but we use kph, same as the rest of the world

#19665 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

FWIW, Aquapin is a stand-up guy and I'd put my reputation on it that the machine will be shipped.

As a remote buyer, you always need to incur some risk.. all you can do is try to make sure that the persons info checks out, and that they are who they say they are. :/

#19666 2 years ago

Certainly screws with ones mind ... after crossing the border did 60 Kph ... then realized it was Mph... quick push of the button and was cruising at 70 MPH

#19667 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Aquapin is as straight as they come. I’ve known him almost 20 years and have seen in person the games he has listed. Your money is safe. Ship it!

#19668 2 years ago

That’s the best part of being on Pinside. At least one or two people know you or have dealt with you! You can find out pretty quickly who you can trust and who you can’t!

#19669 2 years ago

Anybody wanting to part with a T2?
Looking for an original HUO or better said, huo for the last few years.

#19670 2 years ago

I’m selling my JJP pins .

First is a GNRCE HUO low plays approx 130 total .

Still has factory protection wrap on radcals on sides and heads . Goodie bag etc .

I have 25500 invested can ship with ease I have all my own strapping tools and pallets shrink etc .

It’s as new condition no mods barely played .

#19671 2 years ago

extraballingtmc and koji thanks for the kind words and positive feedback.

#19672 2 years ago

Hoping to keep BM66 and Met MOP LE in Canada, but getting more interest from the US.

Has anybody shipped to the US? If so, what company did you use?

#19673 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

He was going to have Nitro ship

Tommy does a great job at packing up a game for shipping ... no issues there!
Arrives like NIB

#19674 2 years ago

We use CSA transportation when we get pins from US.

Quoted from Aquapin:

Hoping to keep BM66 and Met MOP LE in Canada, but getting more interest from the US.

#19675 2 years ago

I'm am looking at getting my first pinball. My dream machines are Johnny Mnemonic, Demolition Man, Addams Family & Tales from the Crypt as I played all of these alot in my teens. However for my first machine I'm kinda open to whatever may be easiest for me to get my hands on.

Out of curiousity how much does it cost to ship machines across the country? BM66 looks fun, I saw someone was also getting rid of a Willy wonka in BC too which was interesting.

#19676 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

That’s the best part of being on Pinside. At least one or two people know you or have dealt with you! You can find out pretty quickly who you can trust and who you can’t!

Good guy alert for transprtr4u. Wrapped and delivered a game for me on his turn and burn to Spokane. Nice to meet another good guy in the hobby!

#19677 2 years ago

Terminal to Terminal $250 to $400 I would say.

Quoted from Ephrath:

I'm am looking at getting my first pinball. My dream machines are Johnny Mnemonic, Demolition Man, Addams Family & Tales from the Crypt as I played all of these alot in my teens. However for my first machine I'm kinda open to whatever may be easiest for me to get my hands on.
Out of curiousity how much does it cost to ship machines across the country? BM66 looks fun, I saw someone was also getting rid of a Willy wonka in BC too which was interesting.

#19678 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Don't hesitate to deal with Jason.
He's a stand up guy.
Buying another game off of him right now as well.
Shipping it through Nitro Pinball for a fee.
It will be packed well, and boxed up in a Stern box.

#19679 2 years ago

To be honest most Pinsiders that have good reviews are pretty safe to ship with. I have never hesitated to send a email transfer to Pinsiders in Canada or US with good reviews. The machines are not always as advertised but we have the means to fix any issues anyway. To tell you the truth most collectors don’t really know the issues they have with machines and some have even refunded a portion back due to the issues we found.

Quoted from pingod:

Don't hesitate to deal with Jason.
He's a stand up guy.
Buying another game off of him right now as well.
Shipping it through Nitro Pinball for a fee.
It will be packed well, and boxed up in a Stern box.

#19680 2 years ago

Folks, while it’s not a full machine I’ve reduced the price on our fully populated NIB JJP playfield in hopes to get it moving to a new home.

Being in it’s original crate from JJP it’s ready to be forklifted on a transport anytime…

#19681 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Another game thwt wont be made is Stranger things and it has not been archived yet…

You don't think that they will run it with the next season release?

#19682 2 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

PM sent for additional details on BM66, thanks.

#19683 2 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Terminal to Terminal $250 to $400 I would say.

What has Nitro typically been charging to ship a used pin for someone in BC to Ontario?

#19684 1 year ago
Quoted from Ephrath:

I have a restored tftc with a NOS playfield, all new parts, color dmd, etc etc

Pm me

#19685 1 year ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

I recently sold a game to someone in Utah, they took care of the shipping. It cost them around $750US residence to residence from Ontario and the shipper took care of the customs forms required at the border. I didn't have to do anything, just prep the game on a skid and attach a copy of the bill of lading to the side of the game. The shipping went very smoothly and game arrived within a week. No issues at the border.

Here is the contact details:

John Fletcher
Licensed Customs Broker
Air & Sea International / Intermountain CHB

T: (801) 264-9130
E: [email protected]
W: www.freightlink.net

#19686 1 year ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Sorry but we use kph, "same as the rest of the world"

Difference between a leader & a follower - hah!

Seriously, I can't speak for Canadians at all (I've known very few on a personal basis over my life) nor do I represent any official group of Americans. With that said, in general, especially in the southern part of the country, we are independent, have a sense of rebellion, enjoy self-reliance, and don't really care what others are doing or think about us. While it may come off as being arrogant, it is really quite the opposite. We don't think we are better than anyone else, we just don't want to have to depend on anyone else or be a burden to them and we don't take crap from anyone trying to force their ways or ideas upon us.

When it comes to the metric system, we sort of have a hybrid approach. I use mm all the time in design, mg & ml in our medicines, meters in track & field, liters in our soda volumes, etc. However, we are fully entrenched in using imperial measurements for our American sports (football, basketball, soccer, etc.), and especially on our roads with miles/MPH/MPG/etc. Just the practical thought of the cost of having to switch out millions of road signs, mile markers, cars w/o KPH gauges to the metric system is enough for us to never do it.

#19687 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:Difference between a leader & a follower - hah!
Seriously, I can't speak for Canadians at all (I've known very few on a personal basis over my life) nor do I represent any official group of Americans. With that said, in general, especially in the southern part of the country, we are independent, have a sense of rebellion, enjoy self-reliance, and don't really care what others are doing or think about us. While it may come off as being arrogant, it is really quite the opposite. We don't think we are better than anyone else, we just don't want to have to depend on anyone else or be a burden to them and we don't take crap from anyone trying to force their ways or ideas upon us.
When it comes to the metric system, we sort of have a hybrid approach. I use mm all the time in design, mg & ml in our medicines, meters in track & field, liters in our soda volumes, etc. However, we are fully entrenched in using imperial measurements for our American sports (football, basketball, soccer, etc.), and especially on our roads with miles/MPH/MPG/etc. Just the practical thought of the cost of having to switch out millions of road signs, mile markers, cars w/o KPH gauges to the metric system is enough for us to never do it.

What a strange thing that you're in here talking about this stuff....

#19688 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

While I'm not Canadian nor do I live in Canada, I'm always curious about this thread when I see it. Just wondering how a pin for sale in Canada helps someone who lives across the country (i.e. no different than having a thread called "Anybody in the US Have Any Pins They Want to Sell?"). Might be just a countryman thing (which I have no qualms about), is it difficult transacting business in the US for a pin that might be closer to you than somewhere else in Canada?
Just curious, not making any judgement or moral statement.

There are way less games here in Canada than the US so options are often significantly limited. Also shipping cross border can be expensive so sometimes it's better to get it far but staying within Canada.

I'm amazed by the volume of games available on US facebook pages and marketplaces. We just have so little here in comparison so knowing everything that's available helps.

#19689 1 year ago

I have 1979 Stern magic posted for sale on kijiji Ontario.
Plays great. $3000obo
Not going g to ship......
I'm more into Electromechanical pinball.

I'm seeking 1975 gottlieb el-dorado or gold strike
Possibly 1964 williams heat wave, 1977 gottlieb big hit
Have room for 1 if Stern magic goes away

#19690 1 year ago

Let's face it, most things are pricier in Canada. When $cad/$usd was at par and slightly over par 9 years ago, we had the same issues with cheaper pricing in U.S.A
I'm not attending pinfest, would be nice to. Unfortunately the exchange rate won't be ideal for cdn buyers, so once again you must pay more

#19691 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

What has Nitro typically been charging to ship a used pin for someone in BC to Ontario?

Last one for me to Calgary was 300.00

#19692 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

There are way less games here in Canada than the US so options are often significantly limited. Also shipping cross border can be expensive so sometimes it's better to get it far but staying within Canada.
I'm amazed by the volume of games available on US facebook pages and marketplaces. We just have so little here in comparison so knowing everything that's available helps.

Well.. the US is the big market, and we are the small market. More games, but also more people.

I know some people that drive around the country, the common factor is everyone thinks the other region is better for picking up deals. haha

#19693 1 year ago

Looking for Ghostbusters Prem, home used only please, I ain’t afraid of no shipping.

Thanks!

#19694 1 year ago

Has anyone else had problems with Titan Trucking? They showed up a day late to pick up with no notice they were going to be late or when they would be there. They were supposed to drop off here either Thursday or Friday. It’s now Tuesday and it hasn’t arrived as of yet with no information given to me at all. It’s a company I wouldn’t suggest using!

#19695 1 year ago
Quoted from Localspeedshop:

I’m selling my JJP pins .
First is a GNRCE HUO low plays approx 130 total .
Still has factory protection wrap on radcals on sides and heads . Goodie bag etc .
I have 25500 invested can ship with ease I have all my own strapping tools and pallets shrink etc .
It’s as new condition no mods barely played .

Will include free freight to your local depo within canada to keep this beauty machine on this side of the border .

Bump

#19696 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

They showed up a day late to pick up with no notice they were going to be late

now that sucks ..... I would be calling them !

#19697 1 year ago
Quoted from pingod:

Last one for me to Calgary was 300.00

OK thank you! It sounds like you and I are in for a 'new to us pin'! Congrats!

#19698 1 year ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Hoping to keep BM66... in Canada...

Well, it looks like we've made that happen! We're stoked to bring it across to a new home.

Thanks again for your quick response.

#19699 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Well, it looks like we've made that happen! We're stoked to bring it across to a new home.
Thanks again for your quick response.

I was literally minutes away from taking that B66. Since we live so close please keep me in mind when you are looking to sale/trade.

#19700 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

hope you get the theme song out of head !

congratulations

There are 24,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 394 of 497.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/394?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.