(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,635 posts
  • 702 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by transprtr4u
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

There are 24,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 389 of 493.
#19401 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:know the history of this game and previous owners took great care of it.
GLWS

Hey that's me

#19402 2 years ago

Yeah you did a great led job on it. I don't think I changed many bulbs afterwards. You still have a high score on it too

#19403 2 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Yeah you did a great led job on it. I don't think I changed many bulbs afterwards. You still have a high score on it too

G.o.C. Glass off Champ

#19404 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

G.o.C. Glass off Champ

Haha. Never. My GC score is long gone when the cdmd was swapped in. Only time I play with the glass off is to test a switch adjustment or repair.

#19405 2 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Is nobody jumping on that 'refinery' Deadpool on facebook that looks like a modded pro for more money than an LE ???

I have played that game and it is a straight beauty. One of a kind, with all the features of a Prem (if not an LE?). I bought my WhoDunnit from Joe and hes a great guy to deal with, certainly felt like I got a good deal on my game

#19406 2 years ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

I have played that game and it is a straight beauty. One of a kind, with all the features of a Prem (if not an LE?). I bought my WhoDunnit from Joe and hes a great guy to deal with, certainly felt like I got a good deal on my game

#19407 2 years ago
Quoted from djscottymiami:

Sega Lost in Space
-NVRAM installed
-Flippers rebuilt
-All pop bumpers rebuilt (5)
-All rubbers changed (super bands on the flippers)
-All lamps changed to LED (GI and flashers included)
-Brand new spinning disc (with spare)
-Brand new disc decal (with 3 spares)
-Cliffy protector on the shooter lane
$5500. Located in Western Manitoba. Have pictures available.

$5300

#19408 2 years ago

I will look at trades on Game of Thrones LE now.
HUO, low plays of 268. Low LE number 26.
Mint, factory Stern topper.

Let me know what you have, no junk. Lol.

#19409 2 years ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

It has a two-way gate for the pops and a lift ramp as well as 8 drop targets that the Pro doesn’t have?

#19410 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

It has a two-way gate for the pops and a lift ramp as well as 8 drop targets that the Pro doesn’t have?

Not an LE then

#19411 2 years ago

Gottem.

#19412 2 years ago

Those are the premium features… plus the disco ball that plays an additional mode not available on the pro.

#19413 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Those are the premium features… plus the disco ball that plays an additional mode not available on the pro.

against popular opinion in the DP thread, lol, I traded my almost new premium for an older Stern and cannot be happier...

If I had to do it again, I would totally get a PRO 100% all day long. The extra mode in the premium is nice but 100% not needed or important in the game, if you play in the dark the Pf is almost impossible to see. The disco ball gimmick wears off really quickly and the toys are cheap, a plastic truck with a light and the disco ball mirrors almost fall off if you touch the ball too much, really Stern could not be cheaper in the toys department even if the tried. Absurd.

#19414 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

against popular opinion in the DP thread, lol, I traded my almost new premium for an older Stern and cannot be happier...
If I had to do it again, I would totally get a PRO 100% all day long. The extra mode in the premium is nice but 100% not needed or important in the game, if you play in the dark the Pf is almost impossible to see. The disco ball gimmick wears off really quickly and the toys are cheap, a plastic truck with a light and the disco ball mirrors almost fall off if you touch the ball too much, really Stern could not be cheaper in the toys department even if the tried. Absurd.

The pro/premium debate will go on forever I’m sure, sometimes I like the pro and sometimes the premium… for DP I’ll take the drops and lift ramp the premium offers though. That lift ramp just keeps this game flowing so well. My line of questioning was more looking to clarify what the poster meant by the pro that is/was for sale having all of the features of a premium/LE. Doesn’t sound like it does if it doesn’t have the main mech differences between a pro and premium.

#19415 2 years ago

Out of curiosity,what is the going price for The Shadow these days?

#19416 2 years ago

I really like the disco ball. The drop targets add absolutely nothing to the game though.

Rob

#19417 2 years ago

Just sold one for $7k

#19418 2 years ago

I would say $8-10k Cdn. The price is starting to shoot up for this game in the US. Most are listed over $7k US now on Pinside. Condition/upgrades matter as well iof course.

#19419 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I would say $8-10k Cdn. The price is starting to shoot up for this game in the US. Most are listed over $7k US now on Pinside. Condition/upgrades matter as well iof course.

They can keep it for that price, lol.

#19420 2 years ago

Summer of 2020 I got a player’s condition Shadow for $3350 USD, which I felt was a screaming deal at the time.

#19421 2 years ago

i could of purchase an average 7.5/8 shadow for 5800$ with color dmd couple months ago.

i played it and wasnt empressed with it.

#19422 2 years ago

I’m pretty damn sure shadow is not a 10k game lol. Iirc there was a few for 7k recently and they didn’t instantly sell.

#19423 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I’m pretty damn sure shadow is not a 10k game lol. Iirc there was a few for 7k recently and they didn’t instantly sell.

Yep... i think 6.5 for a really nice one, 5.5 for a player.

#19424 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

i could of purchase an average 7.5/8 shadow for 5800$ with color dmd couple months ago.
i played it and wasnt empressed with it.

I've never seen a pin rated out of 8 before. I'm definitely going to start using this.

P.S. - impressed (I couldn't resist)

#19425 2 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I've never seen a pin rated out of 8 before. I'm definitely going to start using this.
P.S. - impressed (I couldn't resist)

7.5\8 out of 10 hehe

#19426 2 years ago

Looking for a Apollo 13 ,Goldeneye or Popeye pm me

#19427 2 years ago

Players Shadow is prob close to 7k I'd guess. That's cheap to me. The game is in my to 5 of all time.

#19428 2 years ago

Think #boat had one ... super nice condtion as well

#19429 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Think #boat had one ... super nice condtion as well

No longer selling. 90% sure it will be at yegpin for free play though!

#19430 2 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Np thanks anyways bud

#19431 2 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Glad you smartened up…. Such a good game!!

#19432 2 years ago

Thinking of selling WOZ 75th RR

Has the topper , flaming witch mod in box, pin stadiums, clean game doesn’t get played much here in the line up maybe 125 plays on it in last two years . I am second owner of the game . 18k or trade for Ehoh or Godzilla le

Price based off average listed pinside usd of 14000 x .28%

#19433 2 years ago
Quoted from Localspeedshop:

Thinking of selling WOZ 75th RR
Has the topper , flaming witch mod in box, pin stadiums, clean game doesn’t get played much here in the line up maybe 125 plays on it in last two years . I am second owner of the game . 18k or trade for Ehoh or Godzilla le
Price based off average listed pinside usd of 14000 x .28%

2.0 lights?
What is .28%?

#19434 2 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

2.0 lights?
What is .28%?

x 1.28

#19435 2 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

2.0 lights?
What is .28%?

28% is the US/CAN exchange rate

#19436 2 years ago

Yes has the 2.0 boards as well .

#19437 2 years ago

Roadshow offering on trade. Would consider cash deal for the right offer. Has v6 code I believe. (Latest original coding). Not the recently released code.

#19438 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Players Shadow is prob close to 7k I'd guess. That's cheap to me. The game is in my to 5 of all time.

Last year, a gorgeous Shadow was $6-6.5K.

#19439 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

That makes sense, I am otherwise more interested in buying new pins. Not worth buying a semi project for almost the price of a brand new game.
YMMV

#19440 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Unless you had an inside line on one from a social connection I don't think that is true. I think it was Aurich in combination with the SDTM guys and their fans but every casual person believes that The Shadow is worth 3K more than sanity. It has been on a completely unrealistic hype train for several years. I actually loved the radio show on late night radio, on reruns I am not a boomer. I have tried to get a Shadow for several years and I think it is one pin more than any other that is completely disconnected from reality. There is no justification for it's price or desirability, when there is enough believers out there it doesn't matter.

P.S. Gorgeous on a Shadow means Aurich translite and LEDs, the rest of the pin can be in need of complete restore and they are asking 7K telling you how its a steal and worth 10k.

#19441 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Unless you had an inside line on one from a social connection I don't think that is true. I think it was Aurich in combination with the SDTM guys and their fans but every casual person believes that The Shadow is worth 3K more than sanity. It has been on a completely unrealistic hype train for several years. I actually loved the radio show on late night radio, on reruns I am not a boomer. I have tried to get a Shadow for several years and I think it is one pin more than any other that is completely disconnected from reality. There is no justification for it's price or desirability, when there is enough believers out there it doesn't matter.

I agree with this.

#19442 2 years ago

Well, we've seen a bunch of estimates on Shadow for sure! Based on what was said here (all in cad)

4.2-5k a couple of years ago
Currently at:
5.5k player condition
5.8k average condition
6-6.5k gorgeous
6.5k really nice one
Shadow recently sold for 7k (unknown condition)
8-10k for a pinballjah-flated (no need to downvote man, just a joke!)

#19443 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Well, we've seen a bunch of estimates on Shadow for sure! Based on what was said here (all in cad)
4.2-5k a couple of years ago
Currently at:
5.5k player condition
5.8k average condition
6-6.5k gorgeous
6.5k really nice one
Shadow recently sold for 7k (unknown condition)
8-10k for a pinballjah-flated (no need to downvote man, just a joke!)

Lol that Jahflation is tough!!!
I am a buyer for Met Prem! Just waiting for a huo at the right price.

#19444 2 years ago

Looking for Goldeneye ,Popeye ,STTNG ,TAF ,LOTR

#19445 2 years ago

Lol that Jahflation is tough!!!
I am a buyer for Met Prem! Just waiting for a huo at the right price.

Buy my MET for $16.5k. In terms of Shadow pricing, as 3 of the 4 currently for sale in the marketplace are priced over $8kUS, I think $6.5k Cdn is not realistic these days.

#19446 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Buy my MET for $16.5k. In terms of Shadow pricing, as 3 of the 4 currently for sale in the marketplace are priced over $8kUS, I think $6.5k Cdn is not realistic these days.

Asking prices are meaningless when games don't sell. That does not equate to market value. You need to look at the recent SOLD games from the market place. Those show that they are mostly selling for 5-6.5k USD with a few exceptions higher/lower.

#19447 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Asking prices are meaningless when games don't sell. That does not equate to market value. You need to look at the recent SOLD games from the market place. Those show that they are mostly selling for 5-6.5k USD with a few exceptions higher/lower.

Aren't you then agreeing with pinballjah's comment that $6.5CDN for a Shadow is not realistic? You are saying sold are showing in the $5 to $6.5K USD range.

#19448 2 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

Aren't you then agreeing with pinballjah's comment that $6.5CDN for a Shadow is not realistic? You are saying sold are showing in the $5 to $6.5K USD range.

5kUSD is 6300CAD. 6.5kUSD is just over 8kCAD. So yes it should be possible to get a Shadow for 6500CAD if you are patient and don't expect collector quality.

Also, prices north and south of the border are different. If you want US prices then sell to US buyers. I just sold my MMrRE for much less than I could have in the US market. That's my choice to keep it north of the border.

In general folks only care about Pinside prices when it's to their advantage (shitty exchange rate). When rates get better then they use all kinds of excuses to ignore US prices Or they start some bs about "oh you have to add taxes". There are no taxes when buying used except if you cross the border so it's not a legitimate excuse.

Seen it before and will see it again.

#19449 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I certainly agree that 6.5 CAD is not realistic, as much as 8k USD isn't realistic either.

Agreed. I did try selling 2 pins recently at Pinside prices, and two very good titles too and really good examples too.
None of them sold at Pinside prices... Not even close.

Came to the conclusion that, our market is a lot smaller and we can't compare to the what we see in the US, and secondly, most people would just rather buy NIB than overpaying for a used game still being made.

I am sure some collectors pay a premium sometimes when they find something they really want, that is in top shape and all the other conditions align... YMMV... but seems to be, at least on the Canadian side, a rare occurrence.

Quoted from pinballjah:

Right pin, right condition maybe but price is way out for me. Will continue searching, thanks!

#19450 2 years ago

You can get whatever you ask, if you are willing to wait long enough. (And never tell anyone what you actually got on the day of sale)
Shadow, or any other title.

There are 24,635 posts in this topic. You are on page 389 of 493.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/389 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.