(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 387 of 496.
#19301 2 years ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Yowza.
$24.5k...
How much was it new 2 years ago?

About the same as JJP POTC LE when new. And now they are still about the same on the used market.

You *COULD* just look it up in the marketplace right here on Pinside

#19302 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

About the same as JJP POTC LE when new. And now they are still about the same on the used market.
You *COULD* just look it up in the marketplace right here on Pinside

No need to get salty.
Was simply a question. I have no idea what they originally retailed for as I have never bought NIB.
Just shocked that they'd retail for the price of a new car.

#19303 2 years ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

No need to get salty.
Was simply a question. I have no idea what they originally retailed for as I have never bought NIB.
Just shocked that they'd retail for the price of a new car.

Wasn't meant as salty, just an example of the madness. (See what I did there??)

New games landed in Canada after taxes (Ont/Que) are anywhere from about $10,500 - $19,000 depending on model/trim. JJP CEs for example are at that top range.

#19304 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Wasn't meant as salty, just an example of the madness. (See what I did there??)
New games landed in Canada after taxes (Ont/Que) are anywhere from about $10,500 - $19,000 depending on model/trim. JJP CEs for example are at that top range.

All good.
thanks!

#19305 2 years ago

mike, wanna sell me your LOTR ?

#19306 2 years ago

Not to many e.m machines around :0(
Pretty dead market for e.m's

#19307 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

mike, wanna sell me your LOTR ?

Peut-être

#19308 2 years ago

I officially can't afford games anymore. Please carry on!

#19309 2 years ago

Won’t be like that for long. The sanctions put on Russia will effect EVERYONE!

Quoted from Saltimbanco:I officially can't afford games anymore. Please carry on!

#19310 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

Won’t be like that for long. The sanctions put on Russia will effect EVERYONE!

Not sure if serious?

#19311 2 years ago

Life in general is getting expensive. They keep printing currencies to keep this Ponzi scheme going forward for a few more years or so. Eventually all currencies fail, our time will come. In the mean time make sure you do something creative and smart with this worthless currency they keep printing. Whatever it is you do make sure whatever you purchase can be sold for more into a set time frame.... As for pinballs(I'm not s.s guy, I prefer em's) new machines in theory should go up even more due to higher labour costs going forward, higher commodity prices such as Copper for wiring, silver /gold /wood/steel etc (e.v movement will continue to escalate costs) and yes more costs to shipping(gas $1.60 today)
Remember in 1979 a brand new Cadillac was about $10,000cad,today the car is about half its original size, most of the steel is now gone and replaced with cheap plastic, the assembly line is by far more efficient and more automated but yet this now cheap car will cost over $100,000cad
Welcome to the new rip-off world

#19312 2 years ago

In 79 I was making $600 a month, when I retired last year it was over $6000.

Everything is relative.....

#19313 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Not sure if serious?

Yes, very.

#19314 2 years ago

It's so sad that here in Canada it may affect our entertainment and the price of luxury toys, is just so unfair. I bet they didn't even consider the impact it would have on pinball when they tried to stop the death of thousands. Buddy of mine had to buy Vodka from Finland, the horror.

#19315 2 years ago

Wow! You took that to the wrong place! I think you are a special kind of stupid! I didn’t once say i think it’s wrong that they did it! I just said it will effect the whole economy!

Quoted from Darscot:It's so sad that here in Canada it may affect our entertainment and the price of luxury toys, is just so unfair. I bet they didn't even consider the impact it would have on pinball when they tried to stop the death of thousands. Buddy of mine had to buy Vodka from Finland, the horror.

#19316 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

Wow! You took that to the wrong place! I think you are a special kind of stupid! I didn’t once say i think it’s wrong that they did it! I just said it will effect the whole economy!

Maybe trying rephrasing that the Russian invasion is the cause of the issue not the sanctions trying to stop it. It looks like you miss wrote what you meant. My over the top sarcastic response I thought would make it obvious that sometimes what one writes is not what one means. I didn't take it the wrong way you wrote it the wrong way. If pictures weren't disabled would have posted the "I am not sure if serious" meme to make it more clear I was giving you a hard time.

#19317 2 years ago

Have a good day!

Quoted from Darscot:

Maybe trying rephrasing that the Russian invasion is the cause of the issue not the sanctions trying to stop it. It looks like you miss wrote what you meant. My over the top sarcastic response I thought would make it obvious that sometimes what one writes is not what one means. I didn't take it the wrong way you wrote it the wrong way.

#19318 2 years ago

Hug it out boys, this space is for selling over priced luxury toys and not for discussing historical events.

Goal hug (latin expression for hugging your soccer pal after scoring a goal)

#19319 2 years ago

People have been saying pins are too expensive since I got into the hobby, and from what I could tell at the time, they had been saying it for a lot of years at that point. So that begs the question: When were pins affordable? 2001? 2002? Surely one of you crotchety old farts can give me the real answer. I'm sure all the late 90's operators were really happy with how affordable pins were as they were throwing them into dumpsters.

#19320 2 years ago

In the arcade heyday, operators would buy a game for 2500 to 3500 and it would pay itself off in 2 to 3 months. 2 to 3 weeks to pay off Capcom Street Fighters vs Marvels arcades

#19321 2 years ago

I’m absolutely loving arcades right now! I ordered a cocktail Millipede just waiting for it to show up!

#19322 2 years ago

I think it’s all about timing for anything! Pinball and arcade machines are popular now. COVID did that. We were stuck in the house and vacation money was put into our homes and toys. I have always wanted them, but vacationing was more important. I have kind of become addicted to the hobby, so I’ll be here a while. I don’t think most will be though. I’ve done a similar post in the past. The machines I wanted that were on Kijiji when I started are being sold now with basically their whole game room.

Quoted from aeonblack:People have been saying pins are too expensive since I got into the hobby, and from what I could tell at the time, they had been saying it for a lot of years at that point. So that begs the question: When were pins affordable? 2001? 2002? Surely one of you crotchety old farts can give me the real answer. I'm sure all the late 90's operators were really happy with how affordable pins were as they were throwing them into dumpsters.

#19323 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I’m absolutely loving arcades right now! I ordered a cocktail Millipede just waiting for it to show up!

Is that a 1 up arcade?

#19324 2 years ago
Quoted from Steve_d71:

Is that a 1 up arcade?

No, it’s an original Atari! I’ve had one of the 1 up Virtual Pinball machines. Our family didn’t like it. We haven’t tried the arcade machines yet. I’m sure it can’t be that different but the original 80’s one is what I played at “Bowlero” bowling alley! We are so excited to get it!

#19325 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

Want to buy an original Tron?

#19326 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I think it’s all about timing for anything! Pinball and arcade machines are popular now. COVID did that. We were stuck in the house and vacation money was put into our homes and toys. I have always wanted them, but vacationing was more important. I have kind of become addicted to the hobby, so I’ll be here a while. I don’t think most will be though. I’ve done a similar post in the past. The machines I wanted that were on Kijiji when I started are being sold now with basically their whole game room.

That's pandemic pricing. Definitely been a bump which has led to supply issues, and people trying to profit from new purchases because they don't give a crap about the actual community.... but the trend started far before this.. as aeonblack points out, y2k is the bottom.. so it has been uphill from then.

#19327 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Want to buy an original Tron?

I just bought a machine. Think I should wait a while before I get any more. Thank you though!

#19328 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

People have been saying pins are too expensive since I got into the hobby, and from what I could tell at the time, they had been saying it for a lot of years at that point. So that begs the question: When were pins affordable? 2001? 2002? Surely one of you crotchety old farts can give me the real answer. I'm sure all the late 90's operators were really happy with how affordable pins were as they were throwing them into dumpsters.

I have accepted it. The increase in pricing is basically how i got my collection.

I started with a game I found locally for a song. Fixed it up and played it till the flippers fell off. Litterally.

And when I was done with it I sold it. And it was worth much more than I paid for it. With each game I thought this is the game where I finally paid too much and when I’m done with this game I’ll be happy to break even. Hasn’t happened yet.

What saddens me is the “finds” aren’t there anymore. Used to be even with prices climbing you’d still once in a whole find that incredible deal from a non collector just trying to get rid of their junk. But the internet has raised prices also in that it’s very easy to see what “the other guy” is getting for his game. Or asking… at least.

For me. Finding those turds and fixing them up is as much fun as playing. Those deals just don’t happen anymore.

#19329 2 years ago

I haven’t made a dime at pinball but if it’s got wheels on it I always win. Or guns. Guns always go up, unless it’s a glock...

#19330 2 years ago

You just came up with the solution! Throw 4 nice mickey Thompson wheels on a pinball machine! You will make some quick cash!

Quoted from WW2GURU:

I haven’t made a dime at pinball but if it’s got wheels on it I always win. Or guns. Guns always go up, unless it’s a glock...

#19331 2 years ago

Howdy friends, putting my WoZ ECLE up for sale in the Okanagan, BC. Happy to facetime/photodump for anyone interested in taking a closer look. $16k CAD. Cheers!

SOLD!
Machine - For Trade
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Very nice WoZ ECLE, no playfield wear, cliffy's installed. 7.5v light boards with optional 2.0 backup set available at extra expense. Located in the Okanagan, BC. Local sale pre...”
2022-11-27
Vernon, BC
Trade
Archived after: 21 days
Viewed: 1237 times
Contributed to Pinside

#19332 2 years ago

DP Premium taken out of the box 2 weeks ago, has connectivity package. Game was produced last month.

230 plays and counting.

Looking to trade for:
TSPP plus cash on the other side

JP prem, low plays with Connectivity (straight up trade)

Not selling at the moment.

And

GB Pro mint mint mint, for sale. Less than 700 plays. Like new
$10k

Gb is listed on pinrev, if you dont have access there contact me and I will send photos.

#19333 2 years ago

Thanks for not having my pin on that list. My wife would have my pin out the door in a heartbeat for a Deadpool.

#19334 2 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Thanks for not having my pin on that list. My wife would have my pin out the door in a heartbeat for a Deadpool.

Shouldn't be a problem

#19335 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

DP Premium taken out of the box 2 weeks ago, has connectivity package. Game was produced last month.
230 plays and counting.
Looking to trade for:
TSPP plus cash on the other side
JP prem, low plays with Connectivity (straight up trade)
Not selling at the moment.
And
GB Pro mint mint mint, for sale. Less than 700 plays. Like new
$10k
Gb is listed on pinrev, if you dont have access there contact me and I will send photos.

Got excited when I saw DP Prem at the top of the ad and $10k asking at the bottom. Disappointed when I read the entire message

#19336 2 years ago

Anybody looking fora nice tx sector $4800

#19337 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I'm curious just not liking it? Seems like it gets so much love

#19338 2 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

I thought it sucked when released. Code must have made it a must have. Still better layouts then DP imo

#19339 2 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

It is a great game. But I know what I like and didnt find it in this title.
Not a keeper for me.

Somebody sell me a JP Prem!

#19340 2 years ago

Selling my HS.
$4500 obo
No trades.

Added over 2 years ago:

Sold

#19341 2 years ago

Posting my stern xmen pro up for sale.
Game plays great and has some nice extras. They are:
Lollipop rails
Color lcd dmd
Xmen symbol speaker covers
Speaker lights
Playfield LEDs
Custom wolverine mod
Custom sound track and callouts
Wired for an external sub (not included)
Cup holder
Cliffys scoop protector (there is some scoop wear but cliffy hides most of it now)
Mirror blades

I’m pretty firm at $7000. I’m only asking for what I have into it, and I’m not in a rush to sell. It’s a fun game. Feel free to message me if you have any questions or want pics. Not looking to ship, game is located 2 hours west of Winnipeg.
Cheers!

#19342 2 years ago

For Sale, Jurassic park premium.
HUO, Mint, low plays.
Tons of mods.
Lior Trex, Lior sign mod
Stern topper, Stern amber shooter rod.
Inside art blades, Stern side rails.
Upgraded speakers, LED speaker light kit.
LED eyes for slings.
Shaker motor.
Ad up on PBR 15,500.00 less if you don't want some of the mods.

For Sale, Game of Thrones LE
Mint, HUO, low plays.
Stern dragon topper.
Stern shooter rod knobs (houses)
Ad up on PBR as well.
15,000.00 less without topper.

Lots of new parts available for it as well.
separately or added for a price.
New plastic ramps.
New plastic set.
Complete cabinet and head decal set.

#19343 2 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

For Sale, Jurassic park premium.
HUO, Mint, low plays.
Tons of mods.
Lior Trex, Lior sign mod
Stern topper, Stern amber shooter rod.
Inside art blades, Stern side rails.
Upgraded speakers, LED speaker light kit.
LED eyes for slings.
Shaker motor.
Ad up on PBR 15,500.00 less if you don't want some of the mods.
For Sale, Game of Thrones LE
Mint, HUO, low plays.
Stern dragon topper.
Stern shooter rod knobs (houses)
Ad up on PBR as well.
15,000.00 less without topper.
Lots of new parts available for it as well.
separately or added for a price.
New plastic ramps.
New plastic set.
Complete cabinet and head decal set.

A sign that Spring is coming, Dan selling games again!

#19344 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Just freeing up cash and space.
Buying a Fifth wheel trailer and spot
Camping season starts soon.

#19345 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

It's a thing, I should be selling 2 pins to make room. I figure spring is coming they can wait till then, it's still cold and snowing here

#19346 2 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Just freeing up cash and space.
Buying a Fifth wheel trailer and spot
Camping season starts soon.

Man 5th wheels have gotten fancy, my buddy just bought a 42' unit. Its nicer than my first house was

#19347 2 years ago

I also have a GOT LE with Stern topper for sale in Ontario. If anyone is looking locally. Thanks.

#19348 2 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Man 5th wheels have gotten fancy, my buddy just bought a 42' unit. Its nicer than my first house was

Yea for sure, this one’s a 42’ with 4 slides.
It is nicer then my house, lol.
No room in it for games though.

#19349 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I also have a GOT LE with Stern topper for sale in Ontario. If anyone is looking locally. Thanks.

That’s my old one, lol.

#19350 2 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Yea for sure, this one’s a 42’ with 4 slides.
It is nicer then my house, lol.
No room in it for games though.

We looked at one a couple years ago where the "2nd" bedroom in the back had a couple of bunk beds. Wife commented that it would fit 2 pinball machines if we remove the beds.

There are 24,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 387 of 496.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/387?hl=enron64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.