(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,772 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by KnockerPTSD
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 376 of 496.
#18751 2 years ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Can you ship from BC to QC?

Nitro can pick up, wrap, pallet and ship anywhere. Ask Tommy for a quote.

#18752 2 years ago

Does anyone out there have a nice NBA fast break for sale or trade?

#18753 2 years ago

Someone in Essex Ontario has a twilight zone for sale. They want $15,000 I feel like it’s overpriced.

#18754 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:Someone in Essex Ontario has a twilight zone for sale. They want $15,000 I feel like it’s overpriced.

Yeah, by about 5k but have no idea in today's market when shadows are bringing 9k. I still can't believe C Williams titles are bringing 7k+
People have more money then brains

#18755 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

Someone in Essex Ontario has a twilight zone for sale. They want $15,000 I feel like it’s overpriced.

Ask yourself: if I had to quickly resell for whatever reason, would I get most of my 15k back?

#18756 2 years ago

One thing to consider is us newer players don't have the experience to know which machines are considered "c" machines. I know everyone says Tee'd off sucks but that's almost always because they're comparing to No Good Gofers and prefer it.

I've only played Tee'd off and I think it's a great pin. I'd probably be willing to pay more than a pinhead who has tried everything.

#18757 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

One thing to consider is us newer players don't have the experience to know which machines are considered "c" machines. I know everyone says Tee'd off sucks but that's almost always because they're comparing to No Good Gofers and prefer it.
I've only played Tee'd off and I think it's a great pin. I'd probably be willing to pay more than a pinhead who has tried everything.

I bought my first teed off for $1500. Now they're probably worth 3 to 4k which is just obsurb but it is what it is.

#18758 2 years ago

I'm likely going to be doing a massive selloff in the next few months - have to pay for our new kitchen. I'm almost scared to because I obviously want to get a good price. If I ask 15k for my tz and 15k for my TOTAN, you guys might shank me while I'm playing Future Spa at Yegpin lol.

#18759 2 years ago

This frustration with pinflation rears its head all the time - in this thread and other places - but I think at least some of the anger gets misplaced.

When an item soars in price some of the only people who benefit are the ones who own those items - and I'll be dammed but that's mostly us! No one who bought cryptos 5 years ago is mad today that they it costs too much to buy more, they're stoked that they own something that appreciated! (Yes, I realize we're all here for the fun of the hobby and not to invest, absolutely, but the comparison is just to make a point that there are upsides, too) My collection is modest compared to most of you. I absolutely want it to keep growing and pinflation makes that hard incredibly hard but at least I'm already in the game. Even today I was talking with a friend about temporarily trading pins to scratch the new-pin itch. Plus, if we consider the inverse, I can't help but predicting how much more groaning there would be if pins deflated more and more with each passing year, despite how easy it would be then to accumulate more!

Second, pin might be the only hobby of mine I can think of where people get called out for selling what they have at the high end of market price. If a guy buys a nib, puts under 100 games on it and sells it, is able to make a profit, have they really committed treason? In any other hobby people only get booed for hoarding something in quantities they could never make use of themself. I can't think of anyone I know who bought 10 Godzillas just to flip them all, but for my fellow disc golfers out there - looking at you, Dion - I know folks who have 100s of the same fricking disc (not hundreds of discs, I have that, 100s of IDENTICAL discs), just to store in a box and watch appreciate in value I guess? Not to mention that in the few short years I've been in the hobby it's almost hard to hang on to a (non-nib) pin for longer than a year and not see it appreciate at least a little, but that's not a crime. You can be damn sure that if I thought every new or used sports car that I bought would be worth a little more a year or two later that I'd be driving something a lot faster and a lot sexier than a Ford Escape. I mean, what a luxury to have a hobby that doesn't lose you money if you take care of it! It's just about the only reason my significant other supports me so much in owning pins.

Lastly, the fault for the nuclear pinflation happening right now probably shouldn't be blamed on individuals as much as damaged supply chains, a fast growing hobby, and the fact that only one damn company seems to be even close to having a business model that can pump out pins profitably and timely. Supply chain issues sure aren't the fault of anyone in this thread. I'd never want to see interest in pin stop growing and gaining popularity. And while I wish there were more competitive players in the market producing pins, sadly, (very sadly), it's an increasing stomach for nib pricing that will bring more players into the production game.

Anyways...

Love your neighbour (at least the good ones)!

Play pinball (as many as possible)!

And most importantly, if the ask is too much, it won't sell! If it sells, it was the right price for someone!

#18760 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm likely going to be doing a massive selloff in the next few months - have to pay for our new kitchen. I'm almost scared to because I obviously want to get a good price. If I ask 15k for my tz and 15k for my TOTAN, you guys might shank me while I'm playing Future Spa at Yegpin lol.

All good, just remember the rule of pinflation. When you want to get some games again, even if you think you made off like a bandit now, when you go to buy back in, you'll face palm on why you let those go for so little.

#18761 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

you guys might shank me while I'm playing Future Spa at Yegpin lol.

If you’re playing Future Spa you have a better chance of getting a spanking then a shanking.

#18762 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

All good, just remember the rule of pinflation. When you want to get some games again, even if you think you made off like a bandit now, when you go to buy back in, you'll face palm on why you let those go for so little.

Yeah, it's all relative. I remember wanting a Funhouse years ago. There was a crazy minty collector's for 4k. I thought, "are you serious?"

The hobby is taking off insanely fast, drawing in so many rich dudes. Think about how many of them collect cars that are insanely expensive. This hobby is affordable in comparison.

I won't be surprised to see NIB LE's going for 20kCAD in the next five years. I'm sure Gary is thinking, "Can I go more....? Should I?" Then he does and sells 1000 LEs in 5 minutes. Next game, he'll ask the same question.

My kitchen is a far worse investment, for sure, but you should see the rift-cut walnut cabinets!

#18763 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The real question should be: do I really need that kitchen?

#18764 2 years ago
Quoted from kyriel:

This frustration with pinflation rears its head all the time - in this thread and other places - but I think at least some of the anger gets misplaced.
When an item soars in price some of the only people who benefit are the ones who own those items - and I'll be dammed but that's mostly us! No one who bought cryptos 5 years ago is mad today that they it costs too much to buy more, they're stoked that they own something that appreciated! (Yes, I realize we're all here for the fun of the hobby and not to invest, absolutely, but the comparison is just to make a point that there are upsides, too) My collection is modest compared to most of you. I absolutely want it to keep growing and pinflation makes that hard incredibly hard but at least I'm already in the game. Even today I was talking with a friend about temporarily trading pins to scratch the new-pin itch. Plus, if we consider the inverse, I can't help but predicting how much more groaning there would be if pins deflated more and more with each passing year, despite how easy it would be then to accumulate more!
Second, pin might be the only hobby of mine I can think of where people get called out for selling what they have at the high end of market price. If a guy buys a nib, puts under 100 games on it and sells it, is able to make a profit, have they really committed treason? In any other hobby people only get booed for hoarding something in quantities they could never make use of themself. I can't think of anyone I know who bought 10 Godzillas just to flip them all, but for my fellow disc golfers out there - looking at you, Dion - I know folks who have 100s of the same fricking disc (not hundreds of discs, I have that, 100s of IDENTICAL discs), just to store in a box and watch appreciate in value I guess? Not to mention that in the few short years I've been in the hobby it's almost hard to hang on to a (non-nib) pin for longer than a year and not see it appreciate at least a little, but that's not a crime. You can be damn sure that if I thought every new or used sports car that I bought would be worth a little more a year or two later that I'd be driving something a lot faster and a lot sexier than a Ford Escape. I mean, what a luxury to have a hobby that doesn't lose you money if you take care of it! It's just about the only reason my significant other supports me so much in owning pins.
Lastly, the fault for the nuclear pinflation happening right now probably shouldn't be blamed on individuals as much as damaged supply chains, a fast growing hobby, and the fact that only one damn company seems to be even close to having a business model that can pump out pins profitably and timely. Supply chain issues sure aren't the fault of anyone in this thread. I'd never want to see interest in pin stop growing and gaining popularity. And while I wish there were more competitive players in the market producing pins, sadly, (very sadly), it's an increasing stomach for nib pricing that will bring more players into the production game.
Anyways...
Love your neighbour (at least the good ones)!
Play pinball (as many as possible)!
And most importantly, if the ask is too much, it won't sell! If it sells, it was the right price for someone!

Hmm, Video Arcades, Die Cast, Home console video games, coins, 80s toys.. I've seen people get called out on all of these in pretty much the same way as pinball... it's not exclusive.

I try not to be too judgy these days. Lots of variables, not all are known. Some people seem to have a knack for getting top $ out of machines, it can be frustrating if it's one you want, but even back in the day, this has always been a game of patience.

#18765 2 years ago
Quoted from Lymes:

Does anyone out there have a nice NBA fast break for sale or trade?

Ryan Dodd has one coming up.

#18766 2 years ago

The "present" time has always been a bad time to get into the hobby because of prices. They are always too high. Wait a year and that price you paid will seem like a deal.

If you asked someone 5 years ago if it was a good time to get into the hobby they would tell you no just like they do now. Nothing has changed although it might be a little excelerated now.

Prices have never gone down despite people saying for years that prices are too high. They are still going up and will continue to do so until people stop buying.

It's all relative. While you are paying more for a game you want, you are alsonl getting more for the game you sold to buy the other one you wanted.

#18767 2 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

The "present" time has always been a bad time to get into the hobby because of prices. They are always too high. Wait a year and that price you paid will seem like a deal.
If you asked someone 5 years ago if it was a good time to get into the hobby they would tell you no just like they do now. Nothing has changed although it might be a little excelerated now.
Prices have never gone down despite people saying for years that prices are too high. They are still going up and will continue to do so until people stop buying.
It's all relative. While you are paying more for a game you want, you are alsonl getting more for the game you sold to buy the other one you wanted.

Great summary. How many people would stay in the hobby if prices went down every year? Anybody that is into collecting, whether it is stamps, cars, comic books, etc. wants their collection to go up in value.

#18768 2 years ago

Hopefully Justinflation isn't.

#18769 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I bought my first teed off for $1500. Now they're probably worth 3 to 4k which is just obsurb but it is what it is.

Meanwhile I'd be really happy to get Tee'd Off for 4k. I'd put the cash down right now for one at that price.
I'd probably be willing to pay $5k-$6k for a great condition one, but I really doubt the long time pinheads would pay that much for that machine because you're so used to it being worth nothing. To me it's a fun machine just like the rest that sell for $5k+
One thing to consider is that $1500 5 years ago is just not the same as $1500 today with the rate at which our central banks are printing money. They've devalued our dollars very fast.

And if you think pinflation is bad right now check out the japanese car market. My buddy imported a japanese car about ten years ago for like $6k shipped and delivered to his door. He can sell it for about $30k now domestically. There are shit condition skylines going for six figures, it's madness. People with money do not want to be left holding the bags, they want real goods because they see the writing on the wall. There is no end to this devaluing of our dollar, the central planners have gone mad.

#18770 2 years ago

I used to enjoy this thread.

Now, not so much

#18771 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Now, not so much

Anyone in Ontario looking for any of these Data East titles: TFTC, Rocky & Bull or JP, send me a PM and I will put you in contact with the seller. Thanks.

#18772 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Now, not so much

Nothing has changed for me. It’s the sale thread (a little ways off topic), people disagree, and that’s ok, and nobody’s been a prick.

Just keep firing pins in here and you’ll/we’ll all be forgiven.

#18773 2 years ago

Sounds like my Maiden and Meteor went up 500 bucks each in a few days already. Guess I should properly list them somewhere and actually take some photos

#18774 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Yeah, by about 5k but have no idea in today's market when shadows are bringing 9k. I still can't believe C Williams titles are bringing 7k+
People have more money then brains

Shadow is sold.

#18775 2 years ago

Looking for trades, rather add cash and get a Premium/LE. Let me know what you have for trade. Not looking for older games.

Iron Maiden Pro, 30 plays, build date Sept 2021. Some mods. Thanks.

#18776 2 years ago

Congratulations.. I had a feeling it would go quick.. Shadow was underrated for so long, that the valuation is still catching up, despite it being very desirable by players.

#18777 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Great summary. How many people would stay in the hobby if prices went down every year? Anybody that is into collecting, whether it is stamps, cars, comic books, etc. wants their collection to go up in value.

Pinball is different to me, since I enjoy learning and playing more than I do collecting them. TBH, I find them a collecting liability due to the size.

Much more fun at lower overall valuations, less stress on buying and selling for those who basically want to trade titles and use cash to do so. Also less exploitation by people just trying to make a quick buck.

#18778 2 years ago

I'm looking for a solid, empty, dedicated Mappy cabinet for a game swap.

#18779 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Congratulations.. I had a feeling it would go quick.. Shadow was underrated for so long, that the valuation is still catching up, despite it being very desirable by players.

Let's not get carried away here. A nice player's condition shadow sold 2 DAYS ago in Ottawa for 6500$ which is on par with Pinside US market value of around $5k USD. 1 uninformed or impatient buyer that pays 9500$ for a Shadow doesn't set market value.

#18780 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Let's not get carried away here. A nice player's condition shadow sold 2 DAYS ago in Ottawa for 6500$ which is on par with Pinside US market value of around $5k USD. 1 uninformed or impatient buyer that pays 9500$ for a Shadow doesn't set market value.

Can't really compare a beat up game with no colordmd, pinstadium lighting, topper, Flipper fidelity speakers, powdercoated gun/ramps, wood gun handle, etc, etc to my game. Did you see the front of that game with the "bullet holes in the cemetery walls"? Some people appreciate games that are maintained in top shape and have all the upgrades. I buy nice games and pay top dollar so when I sell them they fetch top dollar.

#18781 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Pinball is different to me, since I enjoy learning and playing more than I do collecting them. TBH, I find them a collecting liability due to the size.
Much more fun at lower overall valuations, less stress on buying and selling for those who basically want to trade titles and use cash to do so. Also less exploitation by people just trying to make a quick buck.

This 1000x over.

The fact that the games have skyrocketed in value fairly recently has done nothing but attract people that are more
interested in "making a profit", instead of actually playing and enjoying the games.

It's almost mind blowing to them that others would be happy if the values were stable or went down slightly over time.

The fact that they can't even wrap their head around that concept says it all.

It's a hobby, the value for me is in the enjoyment I get from playing the games, not speculating if I can make a few bucks off them.

It was once about getting together with buddies and enjoying the actual game. Now it's more about trying to squeeze every last
cent out of each sale, landing the one whale who doesn't care that they're being gouged (because they're loaded) and then brag online
about how much you made off the sale.

#18782 2 years ago

Anyone in looking for any of these titles in amazing condition: LW3, Lost in Space and Breakshot, send me a PM and your offer. Shipping is fine for a small wrapping and pallett fee you arrange the shipping.

#18783 2 years ago

Saving my money for punny

#18784 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Saving my money for punny

Hey, maybe reach out to Andrew.. I've been sidelined again, but there are really neat things going on with these titles... maybe if you are nice he'll show you some of the stuff coming up. Pretty cool that it is local for us!

#18785 2 years ago
Quoted from guard:

It's a scam.....same game, description, and pics were also on Craigslist in Orange County, California.

Pretty sure this ended up being real. I messaged them and they said it was already sold, didn't try to get me to send them money or anything.

#18786 2 years ago

Not a high end pin, but if anyone looking for a solid state - i'll toss a sweet assed deal to a pinsider.
Has a couple needs, but also is fairly good to go.

Williams Scorpion - "big bottomed girl - widebody"

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/nipawin/williams-scorpion-pinball-machine/1601067252?undefined

#18787 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Pretty sure this ended up being real. I messaged them and they said it was already sold, didn't try to get me to send them money or anything.

It wasn't real....they just got called out and reported so much they stopped. Then some other high end stuff went up.....

#18788 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Not a high end pin, but if anyone looking for a solid state - i'll toss a sweet assed deal to a pinsider.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/nipawin/williams-scorpion-pinball-machine/1601067252?undefined

Your one handed play needs some work
Looks interesting for sure.

#18789 2 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Your one handed play needs some work
Looks interesting for sure.

Dude how bad was that???!! Also, it’s too wide to get my hand across!

It’s pretty cool. It’s prettt much like playing two games at once. If you get the ball up to top area you can play for a while up there.

#18790 2 years ago

Scorpion doesn't get anywhere near the love it deserves.

#18791 2 years ago

I'd snatch this up if you were local... not really interested in seeing what shipping is on that beast though lol.

#18792 2 years ago

Probably $200 terminal to terminal.

Quoted from Anony:

I'd snatch this up if you were local... not really interested in seeing what shipping is on that beast though lol.

#18793 2 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Probably $200 terminal to terminal.

Possibly, but just for public knowledge, shipping throughout covid has jumped significantly for freight.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but the days of shipping games for peanuts might be behind us.

Best to always quote.

#18794 2 years ago

It weighs less than a new stern pro. The main cab is shockingly light. The head holds the weight.

I shipped a Turtles pro to Montreal with pickup in my driveway to Montreal area business for about $250+

My nearest depot to drop off is an hour drive away.

#18795 2 years ago

It weighs less than a new stern pro. The main cab is shockingly light. The head holds the weight.
I shipped a Turtles pro to Montreal with pickup in my driveway to Montreal area business for about $250+
My nearest depot to drop off is an hour drive away.

It's not only about weight. It's dimensional. Depending on the size of the pallet and the height, calculation can add up.

#18796 2 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

It's not only about weight. It's dimensional. Depending on the size of the pallet and the height, calculation can add up.

This^^^. The difference between a 36"
pallet and a standard size pallet can be about double the cost.

#18797 2 years ago

I have done two machines on a pallet for $300 terminal to terminal and 1 for $170. You are right it depends on pallet size but the costs are pretty close depending on the type of pallet you use.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

#18798 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Pinball pallet (Stern) is 32"

#18799 2 years ago

Pinball pallet (Stern) is 32"

Yes, but unless boxed and really well padded it offers a lot of risk

#18800 2 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Yes, but unless boxed and really well padded it offers a lot of risk

yes agree 40 x 48 pallet is the best , won't tip over easily

There are 24,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 376 of 496.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/376?hl=rwmech5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.