(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,638 posts
  • 702 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by cait001
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

There are 24,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 375 of 493.
#18701 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

So it makes no logical sense that a person should sell their existing game at their original cost and have to pay more for the new game.

That makes no logical sense.

#18702 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

lol, none

#18703 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

I get the impression there are people who buy almost every new pin with the intent to sell it after trying it for a few weeks.

Welcome to the sad reality of what the hobby has become.

Quoted from Anony:

And for the record not all of us newbies are bringing the hobby down! I bought my IMDN second hand, paid the asking price and have put over 2000 games on it already. (more than both previous owners combined in 3 years lol...) Some of us just want to play, not flip or make money!

Welcome to my camp! I would play and deal with you anytime!

#18704 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Welcome to the sad reality of what the hobby has become.

Welcome to my camp! I would play and deal with you anytime!

I don't believe it has become that....it's always been like that. People always want the new shiny thing.
It just doesn't always work out.

I bought Turtles nib. It just wasn't a keeper for me, I has ZERO intentions of that happening (selling it) . I moved it on.

#18705 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Yeah, but you won't even cross the QC border! It's kind of required at that price with full delivery and installation! Lol

I may consider crossing the bridge one day.

#18706 2 years ago

I think there are different personalities -- me, I have never sold a machine yet. I seem to like just about any pinball machine. Other people cycle through them like crazy.

#18707 2 years ago

From my perspective the used 'collectors' market can be separated from the used market as a whole - you can buy a reasonable 'players' quality game if you can deal with regular wear, like an F14 or Fire! I see selling for under 4k - or you can buy a Sys11 machine that has been cosmetically perfected for $5k+ The problem is that as games like that get older - eventually somebody is going to buy a players game for $3500, put $1k+ into it, and assume it should be worth $5k+

As for new machines - if you bought a new one for 9.5 and the same machine is now going for 12k new, thats just inflation...

#18708 2 years ago

lol yes I assure you I understand how markets work

#18709 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I don't believe it has become that....it's always been like that. People always want the new shiny thing.
It just doesn't always work out.
I bought Turtles nib. It just wasn't a keeper for me, I has ZERO intentions of that happening (selling it) . I moved it on.

Of course, I was merely speaking of the seasoned flippers out there, or of people that are only in it for the money. I have nothing against selling as per fair market prices, but in some cases feels like pinball is just this volatile commodity..

#18710 2 years ago

Flip side, you get tons of douche bags offering a few hundred bucks, and then get pissy when you reject their offer. I get that shit all the time.

#18711 2 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Flip side, you get tons of douche bags offering a few hundred bucks, and then get pissy when you reject their offer. I get that shit all the time.

Tire kickers and flippers are the worst.

#18712 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Please explain? You expect people to sell games at their original cost?

#18713 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Or less in any normal world. The normal world just isn’t happening right now. This is a new phenomenon.

#18714 2 years ago

Just a thought I'd had but if anybody out there is getting a NIB Iron Maiden or Deadpool (pros) soon and isn't interested in the Insider aprons, I would be interested in trading my standard aprons (plus $ obviously).

#18715 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Arent you selling a shadow for 9k+?

I could buy a new pro for that. And then sell it for more to buy the next one...and the one after that...etc

#18716 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Or less in any normal world. The normal world just isn’t happening right now. This is a new phenomenon.

So if I bought a Getaway five years ago for $2k, I should let it go for $1.9k? What do I do when I get offers of $5-6k? Take the first offer of $1.9k or how do I handle the 100 offers above $1.9k?

#18717 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Arent you selling a shadow for 9k+?
I could buy a new pro for that. And then sell it for more to buy the next one.

Yes, it is getting picked up tomorrow. I actually had two full offers but rather not ship. Also had interest from parties in the US. If I have three offers, obviously it is priced correctly. If I had it priced at $8k I would have 20 offers. Market dictates the price.

#18718 2 years ago

I got into EM pinballs almost 10 years ago, then life got busy and then a kid late in life. I hadn't been on the site for years until a few day ago when I started working on a pin a picked up many years ago. I was amazed my account here hadn't been deleted.

The general attitude of buying and selling has not changed one bit.

The banter and back and forth has not changed one bit.

Some people will try to make as much money as they can, others are far more generous. People, whatta' ya' gonna' do?

I've heard the bubble will pop soon for years, and I was one of those believers as well. Now I don't know what to say.

What blew my mind was how far prices have gone since I had been away from the "hobby". I'm an EM head and was surprised by the scarcity of them now as well. But the prices of the SS games went total nuclear. Just wow.

But in the few days I've been back on this forum, a couple of Pinside members have already extended decent deals.

So keep the faith, good people are out there. I still try to believe that

#18719 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

So if I bought a Getaway five years ago for $2k, I should let it go for $1.9k? What do I do when I get offers of $5-6k? Take the first offer of $1.9k or how do I handle the 100 offers above $1.9k?

I think what northerndude was referring to was the relatively new practice of selling every pin made in the last 5 years at NIB or higher prices. "I know I only paid 8000 for this LE, but now new LEs cost 15000, so I want 15000 so I can do a one to one trade. Don't care that I put 1000 plays on the old one". That works right now, because the market is insane.

For your example:

In a perfect world, if you had someone local who was into the hobby offer you 5k, but you know you could get 6k, you would let it go to the fellow hobbyist for 5k, knowing you still made 3k and be happy with that.

But we don't live in a perfect world. 90% of the time that person you gave it to for 5k would turn around and sell it for 6k in a month, pocketing the 1k and thinking they were a financial genius.

The market is insane because buyers are throwing money around like if they don't get a pin they are going to drop dead.

In any case, perhaps this general pricing discussion could move to the Canadian Pinhead thread and get this one back to buying/selling specific pins?

#18720 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

the Canadian Pinhead thread

Darn, been looking for it, can someone share the link?

#18722 2 years ago

Funny thing is I'm on the Canadian thread, but just read the first page of posts. People were discussing rising prices and selling for higher value 6 years ago. The more things change, the more they stay the same

#18723 2 years ago

thread goes nuclear .... thought I missed something major

#18724 2 years ago

Ditto!

#18725 2 years ago

MET Premium, loaded $16k. Paid less.

#18726 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

MET Premium, loaded $16k. Paid less.

This is either a troll post, or you really can't read a room.

Good luck with your sale, you can sell for whatever you want wherever you want; just be ready for the potential flames to start as it seems that you're pouring gasoline on the fire.

#18727 2 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Good luck with your sale, you can sell for whatever you want wherever you want; just be ready for the potential flames to start as it seems that you're pouring gasoline on the fire.

He and PinheadEDM are kindred spirits.

#18728 2 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Sorry, this is the only premium still available as a comparative of current 'market' prices:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/127507

$12k x 1.29 x 1.13 = $17.5k CDN. Also mine has the Pinstadium lighting so I am actually priced below market. Just trying to help someone out with a deal below market. Can't say I didn't try.

#18729 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone in Alberta like to try a Rush Pro for a couple months and then ship to me here in Ontario? PM me if interested. Thanks. Jim

Translation: anyone in Alberta wanna help me acquire a Rush so I can flip it?

#18730 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Sorry, this is the only premium still available as a comparative of current 'market' prices:
$12k x 1.29 x 1.13 = $17.5k CDN. Also mine has the Pinstadium lighting so I am actually priced below market. Just trying to help someone out with a deal below market. Can't say I didn't try.

Wow. Guess my JPLE is worth over 20k according to your reasoning.. let’s not even talk about my MMrRE then… man I’ve been sitting on a gold mine!

You do realize that an ASKING price on pinside or ebay or kijiji etc doesn’t make it “market value” right?

#18731 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Asking prices vs sold are very different tales.

I don't care to argue, I said you can sell for whatever you want wherever and whenever. It's your game. I was only pointing out your lack of care (or perhaps disdain) towards the other collectors in here.

In the archives of current (2021) sales you're between 8500-10k us. So redo your math.

And adding taxes is dumb, because unless you collect them and report them, you're cashing in on something others would call fraud.

Sure, cross the border, pay the tax, but many in this thread only pay 5% not 13, and if I'm not crossing a border, why should I be expected to pay you taxes on a private sale?

You keep justifying your actions as if it makes a difference to those downvoting you. It's just a hole that you keep digging. I'm not bashing you, I'm honestly telling you from another perspective what it looks like.

Again, I'll finish this with a reiteration if sell it at whatever you want to, but don't expect to get a lot of favourable comments. That's all.

#18732 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Wow. Guess my JPLE is worth over 20k according to your reasoning.. let’s not even talk about my MMrRE then… man I’ve been sitting on a gold mine!
You do realize that an ASKING price on pinside or ebay or kijiji etc doesn’t make it “market value” right?

All hail midas! . Lol

#18733 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Translation: anyone in Alberta wanna help me acquire a Rush so I can flip it?

My Rush is not going anywhere. Been a fan since 1978.

#18734 2 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I don't care to argue, I said you can sell for whatever you want wherever and whenever. It's your game. I was only pointing out your lack of care (or perhaps disdain) towards the other collectors in here.
In the archives of current (2021) sales you're between 8500-10k us. So redo your math.
And adding taxes is dumb, because unless you collect them and report them, you're cashing in on something others would call fraud.
Sure, cross the border, pay the tax, but many in this thread only pay 5% not 13, and if I'm not crossing a border, why should I be expected to pay you taxes on a private sale?
You keep justifying your actions as if it makes a difference to those downvoting you. It's just a hole that you keep digging. I'm not bashing you, I'm honestly telling you from another perspective what it looks like.
Again, I'll finish this with a reiteration if sell it at whatever you want to, but don't expect to get a lot of favourable comments. That's all.

Ok, your right. I should sell the game at a loss to be fair to others. $1,600 or best offer. PM if interested.

#18735 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Ok, your right. I should sell the game at a loss to be fair to others. $1,600 or best offer. PM if interested.

Really? That's what you took from his post?

#18736 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Never said to do that either. In fact I gave you current market pricing.

Stop trolling, it won't get you far.

This hobby is a lot smaller than you think.

#18737 2 years ago

Anyone have an extra tilt bob? Just the weight is needed...

#18738 2 years ago
Quoted from cuebert:

Anyone have an extra tilt bob? Just the weight is needed...

I only have tilt Bills... Sold my last Bob to a friend

Lol, horrible joke.

I may have one in the parts bin somewhere. I'll try to remember to look after work.

#18739 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Sold for $1,500, thanks for the interest.

#18740 2 years ago

You guys are getting annoying. Kidding not kidding.

#18741 2 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Adding something on for taxes is logical in my mind, fair point a flat rate of 13% may not be the right amount to add but I still think it's fair to consider something there when trying to figure out what to list your game at. If buyers want to say "but I could get it in the states for less" then let them buy it from the states and pay shipping and taxes.

#18742 2 years ago

an actual game for sale ! Elvira signature edition only 53 plays https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/123473

#18743 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Adding something on for taxes is logical in my mind, fair point a flat rate of 13% may not be the right amount to add but I still think it's fair to consider something there when trying to figure out what to list your game at. If buyers want to say "but I could get it in the states for less" then let them buy it from the states and pay shipping and taxes.

I can't totally disagree with you, but 13% should not be the number used.

And I still believe if the game is already here in Canada, it shouldn't be taxed again and again (unless of course it's being sold commercially)

We can disagree on that point and I'm not upset by it, just part of my justification.

#18744 2 years ago
Quoted from luch:

an actual game for sale ! Elvira signature edition only 53 plays https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/123473

In Europe, commas are used as decimal points, and seeing as pinside isnrun by Europeans, I will happily pay you $24.50 for the game.

That's a whole dollar over the asking price.

#18745 2 years ago

The whole artificial rarity and constant pumping up the market is just so tedious. Met Premiums are not rare, or in any way hard to acquire. It was not so long ago we had to listen to the guy brag about how he was some kind of guru at finding pins. Pins that are commonplace in the market. Now those same pins are magically the last one you will ever see for sale. Even better the most loaded you will every find like no one will ever manage to acquire a set of pin stadiums, ColorDMD or a few LEDs. It's just so false and slimy, constantly trying to convince everyone that every pin is minimum 10k because that is the only way you will ever acquire it. People will always mix up their line up and they will always be pins available.

#18746 2 years ago

I don't think this argument can be settled, there are valid points for either side of the fence. I have sold games at a loss and sold games at a profit, as long as I don't lose a bundle in the hobby I am content. Distributors that sell games above the MLSP are the main culprit as are the manufacturers that let them get away with it. I am done with this topic, on to actual game sales.

#18747 2 years ago

see post 18742 above

#18749 2 years ago

It's a scam.....same game, description, and pics were also on Craigslist in Orange County, California.

#18750 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I still have a very nice strange world.
There is a pending deal but it’s not set in stone and no deposit received.
My Atlantis is not for sale atm.

Can you ship from BC to QC?

There are 24,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 375 of 493.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/375?hl=rwmech5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.