(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19,899 posts
  • 643 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by hollywood
  • Topic is favorited by 388 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

There are 19,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 374 of 398.
#18651 4 months ago

Anyone in Alberta like to try a Rush Pro for a couple months and then ship to me here in Ontario? PM me if interested. Thanks. Jim

#18652 4 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Dan, when will you be selling your Rush LE?

I'm not buying one.
Not a fan of Rush.

Happy for the guys that are though.
Might shoot good.

I will be moving a few games out though.
We are shut down again for location play.
too many more games coming in and no room.

JP LE, JP premium or Fish Tales.
Maybe Halloween CE coming this week.

#18653 4 months ago

In a heated real estate market it can feel just absolutely brutal bidding for 10’s of thousands above the asking price with multiple offers on the table. During a slow real estate market you just might have the owner ask you for dinner after you come to terms.

Just as in pinball, which is crazy-town hot right now, it’s the market and not so much the people. Same people - insane market and so not the best time for newbs to enter unless money is of no concern.

As a buyer in this market there should only be two circumstances:

1. You understand the market is hot but you want to buy anyway so you pay what pins are selling at. You are happy when you buy as you got what you wanted.

2. You understand that it’s not a good time for you right now so you are happy to not buy as you can’t afford it.

If you paid for something and are mad about it then the issue is with you as you shouldn’t have bought it - perhaps that’s your body telling you that you don’t think it’s worth it so don’t do it.

So if you are making rational decisions then there is only happy and happy as your choices.

And you can’t be mad at sellers (although I agree things have come completely off the rails) because most of us would sell at the market rate wouldn’t we?

But I do agree that it can feel brutal when a market is this hot. It is largely due to overstimulus in the US economy and not because sellers woke up one day and decided to gouge you. And btw there is no gouging in pinball as pinball is not a need but rather an expensive luxury want.

Be happy either way - you’re in the driver’s seat.
There is no dilema for me - I’m just in the second camp right now, waiting by the sidelines.

#18654 4 months ago

I’m going to be putting up my NBA fast break for sale this weekend .

Super clean original condition, no wear on pf or cabinet .

6k ?? OBO

Cheers

#18655 4 months ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

I think you will find there are a lot of good people in the community. Yes, the machines are selling for a lot right now but there are some reasonable deals out there, hint I rarely buy off of Pinside unless buying in the US. The shows are a really good place to pick up pins there must have been at least 30 pins that exchanged hands on sale or trade at our last show.

I was just sharing my experience

Quoted from zpinman370:

Oh come on man- to know us is to love us. In your case we all love your $$$$ Mr I bought 26 machines in the past year
Can I interest you in another

Yes, if you have something on my wishlist.

#18656 4 months ago

If you see a title you really want, grab it.
I bought with the intent to play my titles for at least 5 years. I have had many machines last that long in the collection over the years.
I am just enjoying the ride.
With any luck, one of my titles will carry the day down the road.

#18657 4 months ago
Quoted from JustAnotherYoyo:

I was just sharing my experience

That's really a shame, my experiences have been exactly the opposite. Met some great people and been treated more than fair. Keep the faith, there's good people in this hobby.

#18658 4 months ago

And if not ...we'll just break their legs!

#18659 4 months ago
Quoted from pingod:

I will be moving a few games out though.
We are shut down again for location play.
too many more games coming in and no room.
JP LE, JP premium or Fish Tales.
Maybe Halloween CE coming this week.

pingod , You spelt Godzilla wrong!!

#18660 4 months ago
Quoted from spinal:

In a heated real estate market it can feel just absolutely brutal bidding for 10’s of thousands above the asking price with multiple offers on the table. During a slow real estate market you just might have the owner ask you for dinner after you come to terms.

Just as in pinball, which is crazy-town hot right now, it’s the market and not so much the people. Same people - insane market and so not the best time for newbs to enter unless money is of no concern.

I get what you are saying but the people have changed too imo. Lots of flippers have entered the market, and it feels like some people who used to be in it for the hobby are now more interested in the cash.

Used to be you could give a good deal to a fellow pinhead and expect you would get a good deal in return from someone else. Now everyone has $$ in their eyes and gleefully declares "its the market" like that makes every buying and selling decision somehow not their choice.

Quoted from spinal:

And you can’t be mad at sellers (although I agree things have come completely off the rails) because most of us would sell at the market rate wouldn’t we?

I know that personally I have stopped offering any kind of "deal" to anyone other than a select few. Got tired of seeing the deals I used to offer get flipped, or not get offered a similar deal in return. So yeah, it is market rate from me. But people and their behavior put me there.

#18661 4 months ago

So who’s selling nineball for rush?

#18662 4 months ago

Am I the only one who thinks Rush sucks and is a total waste of a theme? I could think of 100 other musicians I'd rather hear then rush

#18663 4 months ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Am I the only one who thinks Rush sucks and is a total waste of a theme? I could think of 100 other musicians I'd rather hear then rush

Let's see the list

#18664 4 months ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

I think you will find there are a lot of good people in the community. Yes, the machines are selling for a lot right now but there are some reasonable deals out there, hint I rarely buy off of Pinside unless buying in the US. The shows are a really good place to pick up pins there must have been at least 30 pins that exchanged hands on sale or trade at our last show.

That was my intention for the cancelled 2020....make some trades/sales. A lot of pins changing hands at the 2019 show. Plus you could see what you were buying, play it and ask others opinions about it. Best conditions for sure to buy/sell.

#18665 4 months ago

Quoted from paul_8788:

Let's see the list

I'm drunk. It might take me a while. Crue, motorhead, slayer, beastie boys, foo fighters, Katy Perry, Pink, Taylor Swift... lol

#18666 4 months ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'm drunk. It might take me a while. Crue, motorhead, slayer, beastie boys, foo fighters, Katy Perry, Pink, Taylor Swift... lol

That list started out really good! I think you went off the rails halfway through!

#18667 4 months ago
Quoted from Steve_d71:That list started out really good! I think you went off the rails halfway through!

Haha. Just repin the girls. Nirvana, pearl jam, soundgarden, zz top, van Halen, Sabbath, Ozzy

#18668 4 months ago

It would probably be easier just to move to Edmonton and then you can play it all you want at the arcade

Quoted from extraballingtmc:

So who’s selling nineball for rush?

#18669 4 months ago

The oroblem with music pins is everyone has different tastes, I agree not my favourite music but neither were the previous three titles either. Stern goes by records sales and worldwide appeal when choosing those themes, as well licensing comes into play as well as certain bands won’t allow the licensing or costs too much to a acquire the assets.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

#18670 4 months ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Haha. Just repin the girls. Nirvana, pearl jam, soundgarden, zz top, van Halen, Sabbath, Ozzy

The real answer in my mind is Beavis and Butthead. Do it right with great original callouts and assets and a veritable jukebox of classic dad rock, erm, whatever handful of music you want. It would be fantastic.

#18671 4 months ago
Quoted from JordanB:

The real answer in my mind is Beavis and Butthead. Do it right with great original callouts and assets and a veritable jukebox of classic dad rock, erm, whatever handful of music you want. It would be fantastic.

Beavis and Butthead would be a pretty cool theme!

#18672 4 months ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'm not a Rush fan. But I'm also not a Metallica fan, or Iron Maiden, or Aerosmith, or many of the other music licenses. But the games are awesome, so I'm glad they are being built and glad when I get to play them. Attractive theme is nice, but great gameplay can transform a bad theme into a great game.

I am glad that the Rush artwork is more cartooney and fun. To me, that makes it more of a generic theme that also appeals specifically to Rush fans.

#18673 4 months ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

pingod , You spelt Godzilla wrong!!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"e19680f3c591992a0082580f63186a377e980a20-1641396200-1800"};
//]]>

You spelled spelled wrong though so now I'm picturing a Godzilla shaped loaf of bread.

#18674 4 months ago

To you who says you would rather have a Katy Perry themed pinball machine than a Rush machine - shame shame shame shame. If there was a Taylor Swift machine it would be the most vandalized machine on earth - because I would aim to draw moustaches and Peni' on every machine in existence

#18675 4 months ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

To you who says you would rather have a Katy Perry themed pinball machine than a Rush machine - shame shame shame shame. If there was a Taylor Swift machine it would be the most vandalized machine on earth - because I would aim to draw moustaches and Peni' on every machine in existence

Why?

#18676 4 months ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You spelled spelled wrong though so now I'm picturing a Godzilla shaped loaf of bread.

I struggle with that word, it is acceptable in both versions, but you must have looked it up because I just did and found your grain reference. Learned something new today, thanks!! pingod, you Spelled Godzilla wrong, and I'll trade you "Bread" for it!

#18677 4 months ago
Quoted from JustAnotherYoyo:

As someone new to the hobby, my experience has been; that's ALL this community is about.
I've never experienced such brutal gouging and toxicity in a community before.
Definitely makes me never want to meet other pinball players or go to any pinball tournaments etc in person.

Lot of truth here, we've all met friendly people through pinball but there is a larger growing segment that are really pushing forward with the gouging and greed. It's very easy to be reasonable and fair, very disheartening when that's ignored and the absolute highest price is all you care about. Has definitely resulted with my conscious minimizing of contact with the pinball community, hell I even stopped posting here for over a year.

#18678 4 months ago

Any pins for sale, you heartless, gouging, Taylor Swift/bread lovers out there?

#18679 4 months ago

Stern Mandalorian Pro
Used, playing like new and in great cosmetic shape. In this action-packed pinball quest, players are transported to a galaxy far, far away as they play as the Mandalorian, teaming up with key allies and protecting Grogu, while battling dangerous enemies and forces across their journey.

Comes with:
Upgraded wireforms (and the plastic ramps they replaced)
Extra left ramp
Extra horseshoe ramp
Extra ramp divertor w/upgraded welds
$9,700 OBO
Prefer local pick up, but will ship if buyer makes arrangements.

#18680 4 months ago

Looking for a GTB Strange World-Abra Ca Dabra-Atlantis

#18681 4 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Any pins for sale, you heartless, gauging, Taylor Swift/bread lovers out there?

See post # 18590

#18682 4 months ago
Quoted from Meegis:

See post # 18590

Yeah, but you won't even cross the QC border! It's kind of required at that price with full delivery and installation! Lol

#18683 4 months ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Looking for a GTB Strange World-Abra Ca Dabra-Atlantis

extraballingtmc Still has one for sale I believe.. if you are ok to ship from BC anyway.

#18684 4 months ago
Quoted from koji:

extraballingtmc Still has one for sale I believe.. if you are ok to ship from BC anyway.

I still have a very nice strange world.

There is a pending deal but it’s not set in stone and no deposit received.

My Atlantis is not for sale atm.

#18685 4 months ago

The market is the market. If someone wants to try to sell me a demo man for 7k, I'm fine with it. Didn't you guys learn to "just say no" in the 80s?

#18687 4 months ago

FS: MANDALORIAN LE - HUO (Price lowered)
Low plays purchased from Nitro in July -
No issues with some minor upgrades
Located in Vancouver

$14000 CAD / Trade for AIQ plus cash

#18688 4 months ago

Hey there ,im looking for a players to good condition demo man or tftc

#18689 4 months ago

Boy did you just miss a hell of a deal!

#18690 4 months ago

*wakes up from a 5 year coma*
awww yeah pinflation bubble about to burst any day now

#18691 4 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

*wakes up from a 5 year coma*
awww yeah pinflation bubble about to burst any day now

Hey, some of the games you have and have had only cost like $20 new in crate, so shhhh

#18692 4 months ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

I struggle with that word, it is acceptable in both versions, but you must have looked it up because I just did and found your grain reference. Learned something new today, thanks!! pingod, you Spelled Godzilla wrong, and I'll trade you "Bread" for it!

My gf is celiac so I have some knowledge of grains etc

#18693 4 months ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Hey, some of the games you have and have had only cost like $20 new in crate, so shhhh

If he’s selling his Rockola World Series for $20. I’m down. That game is cool.

#18694 4 months ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

If he’s selling his Rockola World Series for $20. I’m down. That game is cool.

If she's selling..

#18695 4 months ago

I paid $7800 for a JP Pro 1.5 years ago and now people are selling them for $9300. It's eye-popping.

Quoted from Saltimbanco:

If she's selling..

the 1934 Rock-Ola World's Series is absolutely a keeper, sorry! But as a cheerleader for the prewars, I can absolutely help you find a World's Series if anyone wants one. They are one of the greatest prewar machines, the most iconic, one of the most FUN, and can be had for under $2k for a nice one. Thank goodness they made like 50,000 of them back in the day, so even though most are destroyed, a bunch still exist.
Way cheaper than bidding on a Rush LE slot.

#18696 4 months ago

also still looking for a 1977 Bally Eight Ball for my friend, in the Ottawa/Montreal vicinity.

#18697 4 months ago

New pinball prices drive up the used market, people not following pinball don’t realize that the major increases in the past couple releases came from insider connect which is not on these used machines, but people are still asking for the same or more $ and their is people still willing to pay that out there. Mix in that you cannot buy the machine new anymore people are selling them for more then what a new machine can be bought for. It is crazy but there are people out there that are game to pay these prices I guess.

Quoted from cait001:

I paid $7800 for a JP Pro 1.5 years ago and now people are selling them for $9300. It's eye-popping.

the 1934 Rock-Ola World's Series is absolutely a keeper, sorry! But as a cheerleader for the prewars, I can absolutely help you find a World's Series if anyone wants one. They are one of the greatest prewar machines, the most iconic, one of the most FUN, and can be had for under $2k for a nice one. Thank goodness they made like 50,000 of them back in the day, so even though most are destroyed, a bunch still exist.
Way cheaper than bidding on a Rush LE slot.

#18698 4 months ago

Here's a question from someone new to the hobby. Is having this many "tire kickers" something that always happened, or only since the second hand market heated up so much?

What I mean is I see a surprising number of people selling their brand new machine, or machines with less than 100 plays on them as if they bought it just to try it out and then sell. I get that some people will buy a machine that just doesn't click with them but it seems to be common enough that I get the impression there are people who buy almost every new pin with the intent to sell it after trying it for a few weeks.

I already see it with Rush, people who put their pre-orders down and are already willing to sell them. Seems like it's much easier to do with such a hot secondary market

And for the record not all of us newbies are bringing the hobby down! I bought my IMDN second hand, paid the asking price and have put over 2000 games on it already. (more than both previous owners combined in 3 years lol...) Some of us just want to play, not flip or make money!

#18699 4 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

If someone bought a JP Pro for $7,800 and now wants to buy another Pro on the market, they will likely have to pay at least $9,300 for the new game. So it makes no logical sense that a person should sell their existing game at their original cost and have to pay more for the new game. I don't see anything wrong with making money on your existing game if the market requires you to pay more for another game.

#18700 4 months ago

people gonna people.

I think a lot of us know there was a time that you might get something used or nib, keep it for a while and sell it off at a small loss.. I always looked at that as my rental fee. Usually you could get close to breaking even on it.. and that was awesome, sometimes that small loss might come from helping out a fellow pinhead which is also acceptable.

Current state of affairs and more people in the market now inflates everything.. As much as I keep my eyes on the secondary market I can't see myself moving on anything at these prices (only looking for one machine really anyway and still won't over-pay on it). I have my name on the interest list for like 4 different machines up at P1 .. and sooner or later something will show up and at least it will be NIB at the same price that machines are going for on the secondary.

Value is what you put into the machine/game... if that <machine> is something you really want you'll pay what you feel comfortable paying.

There are 19,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 374 of 398.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!