(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,786 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 minutes ago by Pin_Fandango
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,786 posts in this topic. You are on page 369 of 496.
#18401 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Just buy more pins from me Steve .... save the tax ...

Sounds good to me Rob. Which one are you willing to part with?!?!

#18402 2 years ago

Guns N’ Roses SE … still up for sale/trade.

Hoping to finalize a deal this weekend before the weather gets worse. Let me know if interested.

#18403 2 years ago

Price check please. What’s a shipped out South Park worth? Has all LEDs and the original two piece topper.
Thanks in advance.

#18404 2 years ago
Quoted from nd4spd:

Price check please. What’s a shipped out South Park worth? Has all LEDs and the original two piece topper.
Thanks in advance.

6-8k

#18405 2 years ago

dayummm, is that buying or selling?! I would of hoped around $4200-$4700

#18406 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

dayummm, is that buying or selling?! I would of hoped around $4200-$4700

Dayuuuuuuum. That’s so 3-4 years ago!

#18407 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Dayuuuuuuum. That’s so 3-4 years ago!

3 years ago i would of said $3500

#18408 2 years ago

6k I could see.. but at 8k, I think head examinations may be in order...

#18409 2 years ago
Quoted from nd4spd:

Thanks in advance.

There have been a 2-3 selling for around $6-6.5k in Ontario over the past few months.

#18410 2 years ago
Quoted from JustAnotherYoyo:

There have been a 2-3 selling for around $6-6.5k in Ontario over the past few months.

#18411 2 years ago

There was one local to me for 4000-4500$ a year ago.
Very clean one.

I passed since it isnt the best game.

7k got me a nice stock tspp

6-8k for southpark, umm

#18412 2 years ago

4500-5000 for a southpark

#18413 2 years ago

Isn't this just a case of people put whatever stupid prices they want on their machines, and if it sells, it was the right price. Hasn't pinball just turned into a massive gouge-fest too reap as much coin as possible? Looks that way in many cases.

#18414 2 years ago
Quoted from nd4spd:

Thanks in advance.

Condition is key, but I say 5-6K.

#18415 2 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Condition is key, but I say 5-6K.

Over inflated pricing just like the Vancouver housing market ...

#18416 2 years ago

How do we define a price check. To me it’s what would I be willing to pay for a pin plus or minus a little consideration for a super fan. Some people consider a price check what is the absolute max you can rip someone off. South Park at home is a dog I hear it earned well back in the day. If you a super fan it might be worth 4500. To your average pinhead it’s 3500 in and 3500 out a couple months later. Just for the stupidity of the current market you could bump the numbers an extra thousand. Eight grand for a fucking South Park who is paying that?

#18417 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

Isn't this just a case of people put whatever stupid prices they want on their machines, and if it sells, it was the right price. Hasn't pinball just turned into a massive gouge-fest too reap as much coin as possible? Looks that way in many cases.

Yeah I think what a lot of people miss with these listing is they're being put up for a premium to see if it sells. Almost all of them say OBO and I'd guess 90% of them sell for less than the listing or don't sell at all.

#18418 2 years ago

And the market will determine the price. And if someone wants to pay say 5k over MSRP that sadly sets the bar for future sales.

I don't sell too many pins so I haven't had the chance to inflate my profit margin, but I guess you can't blame them for trying.

Right now it appears to be cheaper to buy new if you can get it, rather than wait for inflated used prices.

#18419 2 years ago

I have no idea what my stuff is worth anymore. Had someone locally ask about my SW. I don’t really want to sell it but wouldn’t know what to even sell it for.

I bought a Shaq Attaq in pretty rough shape. Have it almost finished. Have no idea what a fully functioning Shaq Attaq with a really nice play field would be worth.

I had listed my roadshow a while ago. Wasn’t happy with the offers I was getting when you consider what some way poorer games are selling for so I kept it.

Times like these I don’t know whether I should just hold on to everything or sell the lot. Lol

This hobby has gone silly.

#18420 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

Sounds like the stock market haha.

#18421 2 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Times like these I don’t know whether I should just hold on to everything or sell the lot. Lol
This hobby has gone silly.

Sell it all now and buy it back in a few years when or if this shit settles down!

#18423 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Sell it all now and buy it back in a few years when or if this shit settles down!

Don’t think I haven’t pondered that. Lol

#18424 2 years ago

I would use a "price check" to offer a machine for a fair price, specifically to avoid gouging someone.

#18425 2 years ago
Quoted from JustAnotherYoyo:

I would use a "price check" to offer a machine for a fair price, specifically to avoid gouging someone.

You don't need a price check for your pins.. just look st the receipts! Wowzers! Nice pins

#18426 2 years ago

Start at 10k now and you'll get 20k by Christmas.

#18427 2 years ago

Just remember that timing the market is one of the hardest things to do in any market. If it was easy everyone would make their living buying and selling stuff like pins and stocks.

I sold most of my retro game collection around 2012 when I couldn't believe the prices and I was broke. Fast forward to 2018 and I'm buying a lot of it back at 50% more than I sold it at. Now in 2021 the price has practically doubled again.

Sell now if you're happy with the prices but if your intention is to buy back in later at a lower price you may be waiting a very long time.

#18428 2 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Have a data East phantom of the opera for sale (it's a friend's machine but he's not on forums)
If you have questions please send me a pm.
Decent condition, has extra parts including some unobtainium pieces (ramps, decals, stickers, etc.)
Not solid on his asking price, but I think he's aiming in the $4k range. Best to pm me though, as I've got some crazy busy days ahead and will likely see emails sooner than this thread.

Lots of messages on this one....

Game is pending sale

#18429 2 years ago

good, I was tempted

#18430 2 years ago

Well I sold eatpm for $6000 us when all the local cdn boo birds said I’d be lucky to get $5000 cdn….
True it went to a Seattle buyer but I also had a $7000 cdn backup offer from Victoria buyer!
Also sold South Park for $4500 cdn plus he gave me a project super off road trak pack that I cleared $2000 on after minor repairs…..
Market is market and all you fancy arrogant pin types don’t always know what’s really going on…
I’m ready for the push back!
Giver! Lol

#18431 2 years ago
Quoted from Comox-Rocks:

Well I sold eatpm for $6000 us when all the local cdn boo birds said I’d be lucky to get $5000 cdn….
True it went to a Seattle buyer but I also had a $7000 cdn backup offer from Victoria buyer!
Also sold South Park for $4500 cdn plus he gave me a project super off road trak pack that I cleared $2000 on after minor repairs…..
Market is market and all you fancy arrogant pin types don’t always know what’s really going on…
I’m ready for the push back!
Giver! Lol

I find you can ask more on the island. That island tax haha.

#18432 2 years ago

Every hobby I’m in has gone insane on pricing. For example, I started buying airstreams a few years back. What 10000 got you in 2018 now costs 30000 and what 30k got you then can now get you 60-70k today and in some cases higher. Camper vans went from $1500 to 6000 for thsame damn thing. Then there used cars. It’s nuts. Cash in the bank is literally devaluing sitting there.

#18433 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I'm putting my very good original condition Shrek on the market:
- 1 of only 600 made
- original green powder coated armour in good condition
- minor kickout hole wear protected with a Cliffy, no other playfield wear
- 100% working
- tastefully LEDd
- one chipped plastic at the shooter lane
- superficial bubbling on the back of the backbox as if it got some rain on it while it was folded down. The damage is limited to the back of the backbox, not the sides or interior
Asking $7000 OBO, willing to ship.

Now on Pinside
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-shrek-32#post-6653663

#18434 2 years ago

My BKSORLE is now up on pinside, going on kijiji in the next few days.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/126261

#18435 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

My BKSORLE is now up on pinside, going on kijiji in the next few days.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/126261

Nice - I too am out of space or I would be tempted.

#18436 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodManners:

Nice - I too am out of space or I would be tempted.

I'm actually more than out of space, have Halloween shipping to me and Godzilla just arrived. Seems like you've got more space than me though

#18437 2 years ago

Since I posted on Pinside I’ve had three people who will take it no questions asked. All three have no problem shipping from Canada, have joined within the last year, and have no Pinside history at all.

Nothing to worry about there.

#18438 2 years ago

Maybe they'll pay in itunes gift cards?

#18439 2 years ago

Looking to trade HUO JP Premium (Vancouver)

- HUO Avengers IQ Pro or TMNT Pro

#18440 2 years ago

Looking for MET Pro.. preferably in Ontario or driving distance anyway.

#18441 2 years ago
Quoted from cuebert:

Looking for MET Pro.. preferably in Ontario or driving distance anyway.

There is one on pinball for sale Canada Facebook but it’s in BC.

#18442 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Nice price too. I'd have snatched that up if it was available when I got my maiden.

#18443 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I saw that on FB last night too, might be worth reaching out to them, but it felt like they were looking for a trade over sale.
I'm personally sketch about sending that much $ without a known rep in the area, which is my problem. hah

#18444 2 years ago
Quoted from cuebert:

I saw that on FB last night too, might be worth reaching out to them, but it felt like they were looking for a trade over sale.
I'm personally sketch about sending that much $ without a known rep in the area, which is my problem. hah

I just arrived in Vancouver. I can help if you need. (plus I owned a met in the past).

#18445 2 years ago

The Metallica is kyles, I’ve known him for many years, he’s one of the local ops. He’s easy to deal with and can pack and ship if needed. Buy with confidence, however usually he prefers to trade, doesn’t hurt to ask though.

#18446 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

The Metallica is kyles, I’ve known him for many years, he’s one of the local ops. He’s easy to deal with and can pack and ship if needed. Buy with confidence, however usually he prefers to trade, doesn’t hurt to ask though.

good to hear, left a message asking about trading for cash

#18447 2 years ago

Last chance to sell me a Led Zeppelin premium before I go pick up one in the US over the weekend Thanks.

#18448 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Last chance to sell me a Led Zeppelin premium before I go pick up one in the US over the weekend Thanks.

I’m gonna wait til prices jump in January then sell you mine for a profit lol.

Ps mine not for sale.

Pps go get the one in America while you can cross and also before price hike in January.

#18449 2 years ago

What do you need to show at the border to get the reduced GST/HST rate of 5% for importing a new or used pinball machine? Do they just ask for the GST number or do you need to provide any other support to get the reduced rate? Can you be registered personally or does it have to be a through a corporation? Sole proprietors can be registered for GST purposes so wondering if that is sufficient. Thanks for the help.

#18450 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

GST/HST rate of 5%

an Alberta drivers license !

There are 24,786 posts in this topic. You are on page 369 of 496.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/369?hl=enron64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.