(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,323 posts
  • 617 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by wolv3
  • Topic is favorited by 370 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

There are 18,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 362 of 367.
#18051 37 days ago
Quoted from wolv3:

Looking for a modern rock themed pin. Preferably a MET or ACDC.

If you're interested in Iron Maiden pro there is one on pinballrevolution right now with 10 plays. Seems like a trusted seller.

#18052 37 days ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Question for all you Canadians in there! I want to place an order for a pin that my local distributor doesn't carry, so I have to go through either NITRO (in Vancouver, Canada) or COINTAKER (Philadelphia, USA). I live in Montreal, Canada so Cointaker is closer to me (East Coast) but I'm worried that the import duties and shit will go through the roof. Which distributor do you think makes more sense, purely from a financial point of view? (I realize they're both good on the service front). Thanks!

Just get from Nitro - whatever - it's in a truck longer, no big deal man

#18053 37 days ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Just get from Nitro - whatever - it's in a truck longer, no big deal man

I would buy it from Nitro. Had nothing but good experiences with them.

#18054 37 days ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Question for all you Canadians

Would check Nitro .... he is state side as well !

#18055 37 days ago

1000000% Nitro Pinball, best service anywhere.

#18056 37 days ago

Duties are crazy right now too, I would only buy something as expensive as a pin from the US if I had no other choice.

#18057 37 days ago

Nitro 100%. Very easy to deal with, best service I’ve ever had.

#18058 37 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

Duties are crazy right now too, I would only buy something as expensive as a pin from the US if I had no other choice.

there are no duties , there is price in converted canadian dollars plus HST for ontario , that's it

#18059 37 days ago

looking for a 1977 Bally Eight Ball if you gots one in the GTA/Ottawa/Montreal area

#18060 37 days ago

If it's not a Stern (since they have exclusive rights in Ontario/Quebec), I'd say Nitro all day long.
It may be possible for them to ship direct from the manufacturer to your door.

Tommy was able to do that for me for my JJP GnR and it saved days in shipping and extra handling (and cost everyone a bit less).

Always have had a great experience dealing with them.
(and in fairness, have never ordered from Cointaker before...but why not support someone in Canada right?)

Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Question for all you Canadians in there! I want to place an order for a pin that my local distributor doesn't carry, so I have to go through either NITRO (in Vancouver, Canada) or COINTAKER (Philadelphia, USA). I live in Montreal, Canada so Cointaker is closer to me (East Coast) but I'm worried that the import duties and shit will go through the roof. Which distributor do you think makes more sense, purely from a financial point of view? (I realize they're both good on the service front). Thanks!

#18061 37 days ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Nitro charges $200US to ship the game to a depot near you or you can have it delivered to your door for I think $325US. Likely cheaper than dealing with the US shipping and customs. I think you would need a customs broker to get the game from Cointaker.

#18062 37 days ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Any game sold out east (except for Stern), can be shipped directly from the factory. We do this with JJP, Spooky, CGC & American. Also, pins from Dutch & Pinball Bros. land first at Cointaker prior to being shipped to Nitro. So, TBL & Alien can be shipped direct from PA as well.

#18063 37 days ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Any game sold out east (except for Stern), can be shipped directly from the factory. We do this with JJP, Spooky, CGC & American. Also, pins from Dutch & Pinball Bros. land first at Cointaker prior to being shipped to Nitro. So, TBL & Alien can be shipped direct from PA as well.

Who cares about all that?! When’s my gz premium shipping?!

#18064 37 days ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Gary says soon!

#18065 37 days ago

how’s about some more Black Knight toppers Mr Gary - just in time for Xmas??
Lol

#18066 37 days ago

Stranger Things (Pro) $7800

- Mix of glow in the dark rubber and black Perfect Play rubber
- Sliverjet balls
- Stern Factory UV kit
- Metal apron with illuminated inserts
- Dart figure with spot light in right corner
- Comet Sunlight LEDs (original bulbs in coin box)
- Upgraded to LE 5.25 Speakers with lighting
- Manual and goodie bag stapled to the inside of the cabinet
- Day 1 Cliffy shooter lane protector
- Headphone/volume jack on coin door
- RCA cable from backbox for a subwoofer
- Homebrew illuminated D20 shooter rod
- Canadian coin mechs (in case you want to operate it)
- As of today 143 plays

Deadpool (Pro) $8500
- Perfect Play rubber
- Silverjet balls
- Premium metal apron with illuminated inserts
- Premium molded Wolverine and Dazzler character
- Colossus character with chrome ball in hand
- Upgraded to LE 5.25 Speakers with lighting
- Additional LEDs and spotlights
- Metal Deadpool left loop cover (not installed)
- Manual and goodie bag stapled to the inside of the cabinet
- Day 1 Cliffy shooter lane protector
- Headphone/volume jack on coin door
- RCA cable from backbox for a subwoofer
- Canadian coin mechs (in case you want to operate it)
- As of today 789 plays

Will list later this weekend on Marketplace. No package discount if you buy both, but I will include an Energy Powered Subwoofer, set of new spare ball trough opto boards, and a few other small bits.

Added 35 days ago:

Stanger Things sold.

#18067 37 days ago
Quoted from wolv3:

Looking for a modern rock themed pin. Preferably a MET or ACDC.

Both good choices! GL with the search.

#18068 37 days ago

Yea where’s my GZLE

#18069 37 days ago
Quoted from pingod:

Yea where’s my GZLE

I think it’s headed to Trevor’s!

#18070 37 days ago
Quoted from Meegis:

For sure. Pinball isnt dead. Its not going to be what happened 20 years ago. Though, Halloween is taking a bit of a bath on resale already, and I feel other games will eventually follow suit.

I heard there's some panic selling of Halloween spots now? Maybe the FOMO was strong with this one and those flippers are now realizing they aren't going to be able to turn a profit on this one.

I also just think it's not a great theme for pinball.

Rob

#18071 37 days ago

Got a chance to play Halloween recently. Really enjoyed it, shots felt good, lotsa unique shots, theme was well incorporated.

That being said definitely not a flippable game IMO.

#18072 36 days ago

I don't think there is any more panic selling of Halloween than there is of anything else. The reality is, only 60 something games are out there right now, meaning people who are selling spots most likely have not played it. People panic buy Spooky games because these last few titles have gone fast, and FOMO is real. Then they see a bad stream with early code and unfinished assets and go "oh no, it's a bad game!" and sell. Happens every time. With Stern it's like "oh wow, Deadflip did a stream and it looks amazing!" and then people start getting them and say "eh, it's alright, but the code is unfinished" and panic sell. With both companies, games rely on code being updated. Most people in pinball don't want to admit that they are beta testers and early-access owners, but that's the world we live in right now, and if you accept that you'll be happier with almost every pin. Not a fan of that concept? Don't buy NIB, plenty of games on the used market that have better code now.

On top of that, most NIB games require some level of tweaking to get them dialed in, and some people call a game trash because of that. Here's a list of NIB issues I've had with both Stern and Spooky. Stern and Spooky both have noisy fans, Spooky flippers get too hot and get flipper fade due to their longer duty cycles than Stern, so you have to install cooling for them, both companies have had improperly bent rails for orbits, both companies have issues with switch design and placement, any "complex" mech a game has will require tweaking to really work well, both companies require aftermarket solutions for external audio or video, Connected or Scorbit (on JJP) requires additional stuff to be connected to the internet, toppers are never included on Stern and topper motors on Spooky are noisy, both companies have playfields that dimple and chip, Spooky had some issues with leg mount clearance, I've had Stern's arrive with no feet for the legs, Spooky displays don't capture blacks well since they don't use IPS displays, Stern uses the absolutely archaic LVDS protocol for video and I've had issues with displays because of that, Spooky put a ported sub box on TNA and it sounded awesome but then stopped doing it because of cost and as a result you can't turn up a R&M without the glass rattling so you have to shim the glass to stop it.....and on and on and on from both, and I haven't even talked about JJP yet. The point is, every game will need work, but if you're willing to, you'll get some great games. If you don't want to do that work, don't buy NIB and then complain about it. We ain't just early access beta testers for the code, but also for the hardware.

Anyways, Karl with iepinball recently did a stream of Halloween a few days ago and while definitely still early code with bugs and incomplete assets, those are coming. One thing I'll give Spooky is they communicate with the community of owners regularly and are clear on what their support will be, unlike just about everyone else. The VOD of it is still up on his twitch if you want to check it out.

As for theme, I mean, half of the stuff these companies come out with are not great themes for pinball, but if the shotmap is good (this and theme are my big items), maybe has some nice bells and whistles and most importantly, the code is (eventually) good, then I'm fine with it. Everyone has different taste in machines, and that's fine. Personally, Spooky could do nothing but release John Carpenter themed pins from here on out and I would buy every single one lol. On the flipside, I have less than zero interest in any band-themed pin.

#18073 36 days ago

If anyone nearby want to panic sell his halloween spot I might be interested I played the game and think it's great.

#18074 36 days ago

GZ Premiums, man still haven’t got the Pros yet out West seems some got them out East thou.

#18075 36 days ago

Have some Elvis side rails that got a little bent during shipping. I already powder coated my game so don't need them anymore. See below link for product details. Original cost of $115EURO plus shipping. Asking $80 or will ship if you pay the shipping. Can send photos if you PM me (can't post photos in this thread). Thanks.

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/elvis/10240/side-rails-for-elvis-2-piece-set?c=2183

#18076 36 days ago

Got a chance to play Halloween recently. Really enjoyed it, shots felt good, lotsa unique shots, theme was well incorporated.
That being said definitely not a flippable game IMO.

Ultraman FTW for me.
Dream to have an Ultraman next to a GZ Prem...

#18077 36 days ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

GZ Premiums, man still haven’t got the Pros yet out West seems some got them out East thou.

Stern shipped today

#18078 36 days ago

Making room... Sopranos 5900.00 US . pristine.

Mando LE with moving Grogu 12,500. US . Pristine

Bride of Pinbot 2.0 Black cabinet purple accents. rare 6,900.00 US redone and Pristine

No shipping for now Cheers! Also may move Tron LE and Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle both you guessed it Pristine

#18079 36 days ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Bride of Pinbot 2.0 Black cabinet purple accents. rare 6,900.00 US redone and Pristine
No shipping for now Cheers! Also may move Tron LE and Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle both you guessed it Pristine

This is a Canadian thread selling to Canadians. You should list in $CAD like everyone else in the thread, especially with no shipping!

Edit: I just noticed the "tone" of my comment is abrupt but is meant to be joking

#18080 36 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

This is a Canadian thread selling to Canadians. You should list in $CAD like everyone else in the thread, especially with no shipping!

You make the rules on Pinside? Damn next time will remember to confer before posting!

#18081 36 days ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

You make the rules on Pinside? Damn next time will remember to confer before posting!

Meh.. I was bored lol

#18082 36 days ago

Iron Maiden pro $9500
Purchased new from P1 in September
Pick up in Laval Qc
No shipping
Price is firm
Please see pics on my pin rev ad
Thanks

#18083 36 days ago
Quoted from OCP2:

Iron Maiden pro $9500

Canadian or US

#18084 36 days ago

now that's a funny question

#18086 36 days ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Going to buy the new Elvira eh?

Rob

#18087 36 days ago
Quoted from OCP2:

Iron Maiden pro $9500
Purchased new from P1 in September
Pick up in Laval Qc
No shipping
Price is firm
Please see pics on my pin rev ad
Thanks

How many plays haha. I’m not the only one bored with this game already.

#18088 36 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I’m guessing you’re not a Iron Maiden fan? The music really puts this game in a league of its own, and makes it anything but “boring” for me.

#18089 36 days ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I don't think there is any more panic selling of Halloween than there is of anything else. The reality is, only 60 something games are out there right now, meaning people who are selling spots most likely have not played it. People panic buy Spooky games because these last few titles have gone fast, and FOMO is real. Then they see a bad stream with early code and unfinished assets and go "oh no, it's a bad game!" and sell. Happens every time. With Stern it's like "oh wow, Deadflip did a stream and it looks amazing!" and then people start getting them and say "eh, it's alright, but the code is unfinished" and panic sell. With both companies, games rely on code being updated. Most people in pinball don't want to admit that they are beta testers and early-access owners, but that's the world we live in right now, and if you accept that you'll be happier with almost every pin. Not a fan of that concept? Don't buy NIB, plenty of games on the used market that have better code now.
On top of that, most NIB games require some level of tweaking to get them dialed in, and some people call a game trash because of that. Here's a list of NIB issues I've had with both Stern and Spooky. Stern and Spooky both have noisy fans, Spooky flippers get too hot and get flipper fade due to their longer duty cycles than Stern, so you have to install cooling for them, both companies have had improperly bent rails for orbits, both companies have issues with switch design and placement, any "complex" mech a game has will require tweaking to really work well, both companies require aftermarket solutions for external audio or video, Connected or Scorbit (on JJP) requires additional stuff to be connected to the internet, toppers are never included on Stern and topper motors on Spooky are noisy, both companies have playfields that dimple and chip, Spooky had some issues with leg mount clearance, I've had Stern's arrive with no feet for the legs, Spooky displays don't capture blacks well since they don't use IPS displays, Stern uses the absolutely archaic LVDS protocol for video and I've had issues with displays because of that, Spooky put a ported sub box on TNA and it sounded awesome but then stopped doing it because of cost and as a result you can't turn up a R&M without the glass rattling so you have to shim the glass to stop it.....and on and on and on from both, and I haven't even talked about JJP yet. The point is, every game will need work, but if you're willing to, you'll get some great games. If you don't want to do that work, don't buy NIB and then complain about it. We ain't just early access beta testers for the code, but also for the hardware.
Anyways, Karl with iepinball recently did a stream of Halloween a few days ago and while definitely still early code with bugs and incomplete assets, those are coming. One thing I'll give Spooky is they communicate with the community of owners regularly and are clear on what their support will be, unlike just about everyone else. The VOD of it is still up on his twitch if you want to check it out.
As for theme, I mean, half of the stuff these companies come out with are not great themes for pinball, but if the shotmap is good (this and theme are my big items), maybe has some nice bells and whistles and most importantly, the code is (eventually) good, then I'm fine with it. Everyone has different taste in machines, and that's fine. Personally, Spooky could do nothing but release John Carpenter themed pins from here on out and I would buy every single one lol. On the flipside, I have less than zero interest in any band-themed pin.

Hey Ty. How do you cool down flippers? Thx

#18090 36 days ago

Pinmonks Tibetan breeze fan kit is one option.

#18091 36 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Not on your life ! nothing but a money grab designed to shrink your pockets and over enhance theirs!

#18092 36 days ago

Yep, pinmonk makes kits for it.

#18093 36 days ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Pinmonks Tibetan breeze fan kit is one option.

Had a friend buy this kit and he says it works great.

#18094 35 days ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I’m guessing you’re not a Iron Maiden fan? The music really puts this game in a league of its own, and makes it anything but “boring” for me.

IM code is a little confusing at first too. The modes are kind of ambiguous and the way they stack/combine and the way you get to the wizard modes is a little weird. Once I started fig ruing all of that out it became a lot more fun since the objectives are so challenging.

#18095 35 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Love the artwork and it’s a fantastic shooting pin. But I find it to be a advanced players pin, too tough for me. I might revisit it in the future once my skills get better.

#18096 35 days ago

I have a couple tibetan breeze sets. Easy install, pinmonk easy to work with

#18097 35 days ago

Setup your game harder you will never need them lol..

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Hey Ty. How do you cool down flippers? Thx

#18098 35 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

That's like saying you're bored of sex. Must be dead inside, maybe see a Dr.

#18099 35 days ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Setup your game harder you will never need them lol..

I'm fresh out of 2x4's, though! lol

I honestly don't even start to notice the flipper fade until about 45 minutes into continuous playing, so it's not like it's super substantial, but it is there.

#18100 35 days ago
Quoted from Fytr:

That's like saying you're bored of sex. Must be dead inside, maybe see a Dr.

No, its more like having 12 wifes and getting bored with one. She may be new, with very low mileage, but others keep me more entertained. Haha.

There are 18,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 362 of 367.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside