(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,768 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by aeonblack
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,768 posts in this topic. You are on page 356 of 496.
#17751 2 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Mandalorian LE still for sale, previous sale fell through.
14,000.00 O.B.O.

Great price, as I think the new Stern premiums coming out after January 1st in Ontario are going to cost more than $14k CDN with 13% sales tax and 1.27 FX. This is a chance to buy a LE for $14K.

#17752 2 years ago

Fully loaded TNA available.

PM if interested.

#17753 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Great price, as I think the new Stern premiums coming out after January 1st in Ontario are going to cost more than $14k CDN with 13% sales tax and 1.27 FX. This is a chance to buy a LE for $14K.

Yeah, not sure what is up.

My Sorcerer just sold, and there even seemed to be less looky-loo's than usual. Pins are red hot supposedly, but buyers are scarce? Yet look at the Banning auction... maybe its a Canadian thing?

#17754 2 years ago

JJP GnR SE $11,000
Like new, 300 plays. No playfield issues.
Interested in trade for Stern pro (TMNT, GoT, GotG, KISS, BKSOR, LZ, Munsters, etc.) plus cash.
Located in Winnipeg, might be able to deliver to Regina or Calgary.

#17755 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Yeah, not sure what is up.
My Sorcerer just sold, and there even seemed to be less looky-loo's than usual. Pins are red hot supposedly, but buyers are scarce? Yet look at the Banning auction... maybe its a Canadian thing?

No the banning auction joke was sold mostly to buyers from the middle east. Doesn't have a effect on Canadian or American markets at all. No one into pinball would pay anywhere near those prices. Less then 10% of sales were from north America buyers.

#17756 2 years ago
Quoted from Willathrilla:

JJP GnR SE $11,000
Like new, 300 plays. No playfield issues.
Interested in trade for Stern pro (TMNT, GoT, GotG, KISS, BKSOR, LZ, Munsters, etc.) plus cash.
Located in Winnipeg, might be able to deliver to Regina or Calgary.

When did you move to the Peg Wil?

#17757 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

A premium at the new price point will be a just over 12k after tax.
I sold mine for $10,800 this week.
14k LE seems like a good price to me.
I think there is a hesitation in the market while many are unsure of what the new baseline is for a NIB.

#17758 2 years ago

Also, my Deadpool pro seller backed out at the request of his grandkids so I'm still looking for one.

#17759 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Also, my Deadpool pro seller backed out at the request of his grandkids so I'm still looking for one.

Well, that's more creative than "my wife changed her mind".

#17760 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I’ve had that happen before… both sides hahaha!

#17761 2 years ago

Hey guys, I'm looking for an Elvira House of Horrors, if anyone is thinking of letting one go, to make room for something new.... Also looking for Funhouse, Bride of Pinbot, and a Williams Medieval Madness. Please private message me, Cheers!!

#17762 2 years ago

Ehoh is just too much damn fun to get rid of!

#17763 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Yeah, but in reality, it's often true.

I've jumped the gun because I've wanted a pin and inquired. Then, excited, I've discussed it with the better half only to be told "there are renovations we need to do and other shit that is way more important than a 10k pinball machine. Besides, you already have 12!" Then I have to do the email/call of shame and tell someone that my wife vetoed my great idea. And you'd think I'd learn, but then that one machine I've always wanted comes up and I know it will sell right away. Down the spiral I go.

#17764 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Yeah, but in reality, it's often true.
I've jumped the gun because I've wanted a pin and inquired. Then, excited, I've discussed it with the better half only to be told "there are renovations we need to do and other shit that is way more important than a 10k pinball machine. Besides, you already have 12!" Then I have to do the email/call of shame and tell someone that my wife vetoed my great idea. And you'd think I'd learn, but then that one machine I've always wanted comes up and I know it will sell right away. Down the spiral I go.

Doh; I haven't had that happen yet. As long as I don't exceed my space (9 pins should be enough... right? ) my wife seems very chill about spending more than our vehicles are worth on a pin.

#17765 2 years ago

Just get rid of the wife and all of a sudden there’s 6 pins where the kitchen table used to be

#17766 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Just get rid of the wife and all of a sudden there’s 6 pins where the kitchen table used to be

I was stupid and agreed to "no pins upstairs, ever." Seeing the size of the game room, I was like, sure, that sounds great! That was when I had two pins.

Now the game room is full and I have one in the downstairs bathroom folded up (small room) and one in my downstairs office. I'm brainstorming of renovations based on getting one or two more pin spots.

If only the empty corner of the dining room could be used. She just doesn't understand!

#17767 2 years ago

I don't get the whole blaming a significant other for not following through on a commitment. Own your decisions. You may have not liked what your SO had to say and where they thought funds should be spent but at some level you agreed with them or you just would have bought it. So just own it! Go back to the seller and say I changed my mind The thought of throwing my wife under the bus to a complete stranger? Why? So I save face? An attempt to garner sympathy? At the expense of my wife? I have a lot more respect for someone when they say I've changed my mind, rather than, sorry my wife said I couldn't buy it. That doesn't sound like a strong unified relationship at all.

#17768 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I don't get the whole blaming a significant other for not following through on a commitment. Own your decisions. You may have not liked what your SO had to say and where they thought funds should be spent but at some level you agreed with them or you just would have bought it. So just own it! Go back to the seller and say I changed my mind The thought of throwing my wife under the bus to a complete stranger? Why? So I save face? An attempt to garner sympathy? At the expense of my wife? I have a lot more respect for someone when they say I've changed my mind, rather than, sorry my wife said I couldn't buy it. That doesn't sound like a strong unified relationship at all.

But... We were talking about inquiring, not making a commitment. And we were talking about the wife being the wise person, not the bus victim.

Most of us get excited to the point of being stupid about pinball. Wives are usually level-headed. If someone bails on buying from me because of their wife, I laugh and say "totally get it. Your wife thinks we're all crazy, and she's definitely correct!"

#17769 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

But... We were talking about inquiring, not making a commitment. And we were talking about the wife being the wise person, not the bus victim.
Most of us get excited to the point of being stupid about pinball. Wives are usually level-headed. If someone bails on buying from me because of their wife, I laugh and say "totally get it. Your wife thinks we're all crazy, and she's definitely correct!"

I like how you've expressed that... it hasn't been my experience however that the person inquiring doesn't bring that context into the conversation, it is usually a palms up, puppy dog eyes, whoa is me attitude of "my wife won't let me buy it", as opposed to, something more like you've described... cooler heads have prevailed, upon further thinking I came to the conclusion that now isn't the time.

#17770 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I like how you've expressed that... it hasn't been my experience however that the person inquiring doesn't bring that context into the conversation, it is usually a palms up, puppy dog eyes, whoa is me attitude of "my wife won't let me buy it", as opposed to, something more like you've described... cooler heads have prevailed, upon further thinking I came to the conclusion that now isn't the time.

I guess the key is when you blame your wife, you aren't admitting you were wrong to want to buy it. Maybe that's the impulse, "I'm not wrong, I'm just a good husband listening to my nagging wife."

#17771 2 years ago

My take is it’s kind of a bs situation. You should never go look at or enter into negotiations on a pin if you don’t already know the wife is ok with another game.

I’ve had buyers back out multiple times cuz of this and I’ve always wondered wtf you doing wasting my time if you not pre approved to spend the cash??

#17772 2 years ago

In my experience.. its takes about 1 minute to check in with Wife/SO to see if it's possible to inquire about a machine BEFORE actually emailing the person and bugging them. Or if you're really lucky, wifey see's a pin you want and brings it to your attention and tells you to buy it... perfect.

#17773 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Actually this one started with my having a van booked and cash in hand for a Deadpool pro only for the seller's grandkids to have talked him out of it

#17774 2 years ago

still looking for a 1977 Eight Ball in the Toronto / Ottawa / Montreal area.
also looking for pre-1980 Japanese 10yen games
and a 19th century Victorian 9-cup bagatelle table
and a Jezzard Mini Cascade circa 1960 UK

#17775 2 years ago

I’m sure you all know but JJP is making more Wonka LE’s if anyone is interested.

#17776 2 years ago
Quoted from Tinnhound:

Hey guys, I'm looking for an Elvira House of Horrors, if anyone is thinking of letting one go, to make room for something new.... Also looking for Funhouse, Bride of Pinbot, and a Williams Medieval Madness. Please private message me, Cheers!!

Bride of Pinbot listed on an Ontario FB page for sale. No idea if they'll ship it, asking $5300 I believe.

#17777 2 years ago

If I check with the wife it's 99% no.
Forgiveness is easier,
Even easier if she is good at the new title.

#17778 2 years ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Bride of Pinbot listed on an Ontario FB page for sale. No idea if they'll ship it, asking $5300 I believe.

If it's the same one I'm thinking of, the playfield looked pretty rough, and the seller said "Excellent condition"

#17779 2 years ago
Quoted from Berserk:

If it's the same one I'm thinking of, the playfield looked pretty rough, and the seller said "Excellent condition"

Unfortunately a lot of people have drastrically different definitions on condition, but its worse when people put blinders on when selling, and they get angry when you dont like it.

#17780 2 years ago

Oh completely agree! Which is one of the reasons why I avoid buying and selling in the FB groups. I find those groups more prone to that sort of selling, much like any sort of swap & sell groups. I usually read those for a good laugh.

#17781 2 years ago
Quoted from Berserk:

Oh completely agree! Which is one of the reasons why I avoid buying and selling in the FB groups. I find those groups more prone to that sort of selling, much like any sort of swap & sell groups. I usually read those for a good laugh.

No need to avoid fb and the like, just be aware of who and what youre dealing with.

A lot of good apples in all corners, but the few bad ones may make the whole pot feel rotten.

(or maybe I trust too much upfront)

#17782 2 years ago
Quoted from Berserk:

Here too. I learned my lesson this year. Ask for a lot of pics and video unless it's Dan or the million dollar man.

#17783 2 years ago

Damn every time that I see new posts in this thread I think there is a pin for sale.

#17784 2 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

No need to avoid fb and the like, just be aware of who and what youre dealing with.
A lot of good apples in all corners, but the few bad ones may make the whole pot feel rotten.
(or maybe I trust too much upfront)

Whoever picked up the Comet/Hurricane deal on FB the other day for $4,500 did well!

#17785 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Whoever picked up the Comet/Hurricane deal on FB the other day for $4,500 did well!

Was it both for 4500.... thought that was just for one of them.

#17786 2 years ago
Quoted from violinfather:

Damn every time that I see new posts in this thread I think there is a pin for sale.

just a bunch of jerks wasting your time!?!?!

#17787 2 years ago
Quoted from violinfather:

What are you selling?

#17788 2 years ago

Does anyone want a TRON?

Mods include mirror blades, mini arcade with working LCD screen (playing the TRON arcade!) and interactive ramp lighting. Pictures can be found on PinRev.

I'm looking for a trade involving a modern Stern PRO plus a bit of cash to make up the difference in values.

PM me if interested!!!

#17789 2 years ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Was it both for 4500.... thought that was just for one of them.

Yes for both. Good deal to someone.

#17790 2 years ago

Get deal if for both

#17791 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Does anyone wanting a TRON?
Mods include mirror blades, mini arcade with working LCD screen (playing the TRON arcade!) and interactive ramp lighting. Pictures can be found on PinRev.
I'm looking for a trade involving a modern Stern PRO plus a bit of cash to make up the difference in values.
PM me if interested!!!

I don't think there is much of a difference in price between a Tron pro and a modern pro anymore (well, the good ones)

Edit: according to pinside market estimates, I'm wrong. I stand corrected.

#17792 2 years ago

Special shout out to ballykissfan for doing such a great wrapping job on the pin he sent me from Regina. I should really do a video of the process of unwrapping a game. It is crazy the amount of effort that goes into prepping the game. Appreciate the help!

#17793 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Special shout out to ballykissfan for doing such a great wrapping job on the pin he sent me from Regina. I should really do a video of the process of unwrapping a game. It is crazy the amount of effort that goes into prepping the game. Appreciate the help!

Some people wrap well, some people ship games standing on legs strapped to a truck wall with the head upright.

It takes some time and effort to really prep a game for shipping and I'm glad you had a good experience.

Lots of good people out there.

#17794 2 years ago

If anyone local (Edmonton area) needs some wooden pallets to ship a game I have a few that you can have. A few pinball ones, and a few larger ones from arcade games. No charge, you just have to come and pick them up. PM me if interested.

#17795 2 years ago

Fully loaded, minty mint TNA.

$10,500.

Can ship anywhere in Canada.

#17796 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Happy to help Jim!

#17797 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Can ship anywhere in Canada.

he knows how to package a game for shipping !

buy with confidence ! great seller

#17798 2 years ago

Whew, can't believe i'm doing this but.......like a band-aid right?

#Transformers Pro & Monopoly are in for a move.

Could do a sale, a partial trade, a double banger trade. Looking to get into a Spike2 pin or something else new and exciting. Need to mix up the lineup.
Both are in fantastic shape and well kept. Check out my Wishlist or if you have something exciting that you want to move- fire me a PM. I feel these together are quite close to a Stern Premium.

#17799 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

he knows how to package a game for shipping !
buy with confidence ! great seller

Learned from the master himself

Thank you sir!

#17800 2 years ago

Big shout-out to gblgbl for a great transaction and shipping for a new-to-me TZ. Really great guy to deal with, and he built a fantastic shipping crate. Was a pleasure, and I'm sure I'll enjoy this machine for years to come. Thanks for the great first experience buying a pin, and for a legendary machine!

There are 24,768 posts in this topic. You are on page 356 of 496.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/356 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.