(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,841 posts in this topic. You are on page 350 of 497.
#17451 2 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Negative comments like this make me pretty sad and deflated

For every negative comment (of which I've rarely seen any) there are tons of people who are beyond excited to see how you guys have outdone yourselves this coming year. Every year has been better than the last, although I was quite underwhelmed by the 2020 and 2021 YEGPins, there were literally NO machines to play.

#17452 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I've never, ever had an issue with finding interesting, different and newly released games to play at YEGPin. Sure, there are cool games restricted to the tourney but there are so many other machines to play. Also, in previous years, the latest releases tend to be stuff that Nitro has brought to the show. In addition, I'm not sure of the specifics, but I'm pretty they'll be utilizing much more space this time so I feel like the idea is to add a bunch of extra machines for the tourney(s) not to re-purpose the donor machines from the floor.

The big tourney is being run with a bunch of different banks of machines, I think each round, as people are eliminated, they'll reduce the number of banks and, therefore, open those machines up to the public. That is my GUESS at least, based on the information I've seen released by the YEGPin team.

Do you donate games? If not, you should really consider it. This is exactly why it's important for as many people as possible to donate games and not rely on everyone else to do it.

I have not donated a game yet but I have bought a game every time I have gone. Does that help or make a difference?

Quoted from pins4life33:

Yes this show sounds horrible, we have expanded it from 75 machines in the first year to now looks to be over 250 machines over the four years, we have had it. We spend countless hours of preparing and making sure we have enough machines there in perfect order to make sure everyone has a great time. There are a ton of collectors out there including myself that sacrifice their investments for all of us to have a great time. We have added an extra day to the show and expanded to two arenas, the tournament machines in the one arena will be booked off for Thursday and Friday competition we open up the 13-29 banks to the public on Saturday and only banks 1-4 are reserved on Sunday so on Sunday only 16 out of 200 - 250 will be reserved on Saturday around 70 out of 250 will be reserved, even on the Thursday and Friday there should be 75 -100 machines available at all times in the free play area at all times which is more than some major shows I have went to in the US. I am sorry that we simplify can’t live up to your expectations I do this for free I am running a non profit show just trying to promote pinball and arcade because I enjoy so much. Most show do not even serve liquor amd our prices have never been in the $7 range, he’ll we don’t even charge that at Arkadium for alcohol and our prices at YEGPIN are even lower there. If there is a specialty beer we may get up to those prices but I believe there were in the $5 range. Negative comments like this make me pretty sad and deflated, I get it that we can’t please everyone but if you step back and look what we have and the effort that many people make to give you the show we have you might want to be a bit more tactful on how you present your position. We appreciate the support in the past and the passion you have for the hobby and we welcome constructive feedback but very disappointed with your position.

No complaints about the effort, you guys have done a great job at that. As I said, my complaint is that we showed up Friday and the kids wanted to play different games and were told multiple times, no. These games are only for the specific tournament going on at the moment. Not the main tournament but some other one at the time.

I even sent you a PM about games for sale last year and said we enjoyed our self. In retrospect my original statement was a bit harsh. I just feel that opening up every game at 11 or 12 at night doesn't work when you bring kids that don't want to stay that late. Reading the other comments it seems you may have adjusted this for this year by putting games in different arenas for tournament play. That will make a better experiance as we wont be able to see but not play those games.

#17453 2 years ago

I won’t say much more as this isn’t the thread for it, but YEGPIN tries to cater to everyone. Unfortunately but doing that everyone also needs to make sacrifices. We do our best to accommodate the public, the tournament player, the classic arcade enthusiast, the casual walk-in or families. It isn’t easy to juggle all of the different groups but we only have the energy to put on one show a year so this the best we come up with. We do take in feedback each year and try to deliver a show that improves upon past shows. I would encourage everyone to wait and see how the show is scheduled and laid out before jumping to conclusions. I believe the event will be bigger and better then anything else we have done to date. But I am biased after all. Stay tuned for more details on the YEGPIN thread and thanks again for all of the support we receive!

Quoted from Spencer:

I have not donated a game yet but I have bought a game every time I have gone. Does that help or make a difference?

No complaints about the effort, you guys have done a great job at that. As I said, my complaint is that we showed up Friday and the kids wanted to play different games and were told multiple times, no. These games are only for the specific tournament going on at the moment. Not the main tournament but some other one at the time.
I even sent you a PM about games for sale last year and said we enjoyed our self. In retrospect my original statement was a bit harsh. I just feel that opening up every game at 11 or 12 at night doesn't work when you bring kids that don't want to stay that late. Reading the other comments it seems you may have adjusted this for this year by putting games in different arenas for tournament play. That will make a better experiance as we wont be able to see but not play those games.

#17454 2 years ago

I wish we had an annual pinball tournament of this size in Winnipeg for me to complain about - I mean enjoy. YEGPIN is welcome in YWG anytime.

#17455 2 years ago
Quoted from TDK-WPG:

I wish we had an annual pinball tournament of this size in Winnipeg for me to complain about - I mean enjoy. YEGPIN is welcome in YWG anytime.

I donno, YWGPin sure doesnt have the same ring to it. But if there was one, I'm certain I'd attend!

#17456 2 years ago

Personally I

Quoted from pins4life33:

Yes this show sounds horrible, we have expanded it from 75 machines in the first year to now looks to be over 250 machines over the four years, we have had it. We spend countless hours of preparing and making sure we have enough machines there in perfect order to make sure everyone has a great time. There are a ton of collectors out there including myself that sacrifice their investments for all of us to have a great time. We have added an extra day to the show and expanded to two arenas, the tournament machines in the one arena will be booked off for Thursday and Friday competition we open up the 13-29 banks to the public on Saturday and only banks 1-4 are reserved on Sunday so on Sunday only 16 out of 200 - 250 will be reserved on Saturday around 70 out of 250 will be reserved, even on the Thursday and Friday there should be 75 -100 machines available at all times in the free play area at all times which is more than some major shows I have went to in the US. I am sorry that we simplify can’t live up to your expectations I do this for free I am running a non profit show just trying to promote pinball and arcade because I enjoy so much. Most show do not even serve liquor amd our prices have never been in the $7 range, he’ll we don’t even charge that at Arkadium for alcohol and our prices at YEGPIN are even lower there. If there is a specialty beer we may get up to those prices but I believe there were in the $5 range. Negative comments like this make me pretty sad and deflated, I get it that we can’t please everyone but if you step back and look what we have and the effort that many people make to give you the show we have you might want to be a bit more tactful on how you present your position. We appreciate the support in the past and the passion you have for the hobby and we welcome constructive feedback but very disappointed with your position.

You mention 75-100 out of 200-250 restricted for tournament play. So you could have half the machines closed off. I guess as long as the tournament is running effectively and those machines are always in use it wouldn’t be noticeable or frustrating. If machines are sitting idle I can see why that would put people off. I wouldn’t take it as criticism just feedback. Maybe there is an opportunity to get idle pins open. It could be bullshit I have never been to the show but don’t take it personally.

#17457 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Maybe there is an opportunity to get idle pins open.

The big issue with tourney machines being open to unlimited play is that, as we all know, they are prone to breakdowns. So for tourneys, you kind of want to limit that or techs have extra work to keep the tourney going and running smooth. I think the way it's set up is actually really cool and might give people a reason to stick around for the whole weekend/keep things exciting as more and more machines are made available to the public.

With that being said, I like playing in these types of tournaments, so I'm obviously biased but we're talking about literally 100s! of machines to play.

#17458 2 years ago

Just curious, anyone selling pinball machines in this thread?

#17459 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

Saw a TMNT Pro (not mine) on CL Vancouver for sale for a reasonable $7500 if anyone is looking: vancouver.craigslist.org link

#17460 2 years ago

Still selling my TSPP w/ Colour DMD + Mods. $8500 firm. Local pickup please

#17461 2 years ago

YEGPIN has always been fantastic (the last 3 years I’ve been) and I don’t think the general public appreciates the level of effort required to pull this off (much of it volunteer).

I’m sure constructive criticism is appreciated but keep in mind there are a lot of tradeoffs and there are multiple goals they are trying to optimize... two of them being competition and general public access.

So when you walk into the next YEGPIN, keep in mind that even though you paid your entrance fee, you are not some kind of fn king who can demand access to everything you want. If you’re in the public access group like me, you get access to a to tonload of games and if you’re in the competition, then you get access to some other games. It’s that simple. If you can’t understand and feel your frustration makes you boil, then stay the f home, sign up for competition or buy a plane ticket to another event where you’ll probably find the exact same thing.

To the organizers, thank you for all you are doing and appreciate that in any organization you can’t make everyone happy all of the time. The other 99%+ of us (including me and my son) think it’s fantastic and has been getting better each year. Keep that small percentage in perspective - you’re all doing great! Thanks!

#17462 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

I saw 27 posts, I figured I had missed on someone selling off a collection or something..lol

#17463 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I saw 27 posts, I figured I had missed on someone selling off a collection or something..lol

Haha

#17464 2 years ago

Any twd pro for sale in canada?

#17465 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Lmao

#17466 2 years ago

Yegpin is my fave show, new pinburgh?

Derek you don’t owe anyone an explanation, 99% of people love and appreciate yegpin. Can’t wait to visit again!

Jp still available at 8800, sometime next week 8600. Local only.

#17467 2 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I'm sure you would have had enough time to play games Saturday or Sunday when the vast majority of the games were open to the public. It's OK to tell your kids that they can't have something and that it will be available the next day to play. They could have played in the tournament too it was a small donation to cancer research for the entry fee.

#17468 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I have actually been thinking about going to this event, what is it like for a guy that has no interest in tournament play?
What does show restrictions on all machines actually mean?

It is absolutely worth it to come and check out the free play area. There's a lot of great collectors that bring some seriously nice games for all of us to enjoy. There was also an epic Trump game that was brought out the last two years! I would love to see the homebrew side of our show grow.

#17469 2 years ago

Anyone have a JP Premium or LE for sale before I buy NIB?

#17470 2 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Have you thought about a day trip to Arkadium? It’s open every weekend and your whole family can play all day for cheaper. They have a bunch of the newest pinball titles and lots of arcades to keep everyone busy.

#17471 2 years ago

1969 Gottlieb Mibs to move. Playfield is fairly nice. Back glass is avg. cabinet has been repaired but has definitely see some wear.

Not really sure what EM’s are going for with this current insanity in pricing but I thought I’d ask $1200.

Works pretty good… only issue I’m aware of is that there appears to be something in the game over sequence sticking. When a game ends it won’t let you start the next game unless you turn off the power and turn it back. So it’s a relay that’s not tripping. I really haven’t fiddled with it much. When I get home from camping I’ll see if I can figure it out.

Will hopefully get some pics up on Kijiji in the next day or so.

#17472 2 years ago

If your still working in Regina we have a few machines at pile of bones right now. A few of us might meet there and play some pins Wednesday night at 630 ish.

#17473 2 years ago

Also yegpin is a world class event that I look forward to attending every year. There is something for everyone there and we are blessed to have an event like this available to us. Thank you guys for devoting so much time and energy into hosting it.

#17474 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

If your still working in Regina we have a few machines at pile of bones right now. A few of us might meet there and play some pins Wednesday night at 630 ish.

Thanks, I almost passed out when I walked in there and saw the the line up a while back. I flew out a couple of times on days off so I stayed at a hotel near the airport, the day before my travel day I made a point of going to the brewery. Great beer and service!

I'm not sure what's going to happen but I think we're moving to Swift on my next hitch.

#17475 2 years ago

Two games for sale:

Iron Maiden Premium - $9900
Batman66 - $10900 (Includes a signed Adam West card which Lyman gave me)

Pickup in Regina is preferred since I don't have the means to pack and ship a game myself.

Rob

Added over 2 years ago:

Not for sale any more, at least not at these prices.

#17476 2 years ago

As i am sure all already know… Rob_G games are always in impeccable shape! GLWS

#17477 2 years ago

Hi all long time no see. It was recommended to me to stop in as I've got my final machine for sale - Tron Pro

Some of you maybe have seen it on Kijiji, but maybe some haven't.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1581493036&posted=true&adActivated=true

Honestly no idea what the market is anymore on this stuff as I'm so far removed from the hobby now. So I'm fully open to offers from Pinside folks, less so from strangers.

#17478 2 years ago

If my Brat kids complained because I took them to Edmonton, fed them, bought them stuff and gave them a holiday away because out of 100 games the 10 shut off were the only ones they wanted to play I would give them a swift kick in the ASS.

Then I would take the ice cream cones out of their hands and place then squarely on their heads.

Like seriously…

#17479 2 years ago

I know how they feel.
Like going to the pin bar and totan and cv are down.

#17480 2 years ago

Wow there is a blast from the past. Steve is one of the original Die Hards! A pioneer of sorts for pinball in Edmonton as he was the first guy I met in pinball and motivated me to start PinNights, which eventually led to DHPL League Nights, YEGPIN and the establishment of Arkadium. The last time I seen the machine a long time ago is was in collector shape. Sad to see him leave the hobby but buy in confidence as he is a good guy! I would have snagged it but we just bought one last week .

Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Hi all long time no see. It was recommended to me to stop in as I've got my final machine for sale - Tron Pro
Some of you maybe have seen it on Kijiji, but maybe some haven't.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1581493036&posted=true&adActivated=true
Honestly no idea what the market is anymore on this stuff as I'm so far removed from the hobby now. So I'm fully open to offers from Pinside folks, less so from strangers.

#17481 2 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

1969 Gottlieb Mibs to move. Playfield is fairly nice. Back glass is avg. cabinet has been repaired but has definitely see some wear.
Not really sure what EM’s are going for with this current insanity in pricing but I thought I’d ask $1200.
Works pretty good… only issue I’m aware of is that there appears to be something in the game over sequence sticking. When a game ends it won’t let you start the next game unless you turn off the power and turn it back. So it’s a relay that’s not tripping. I really haven’t fiddled with it much. When I get home from camping I’ll see if I can figure it out.
Will hopefully get some pics up on Kijiji in the next day or so.

I dropped the price on Kijiji to $1200. I’ll offer it up for $1000 to a pinsider. Pics are up on kijiji

#17482 2 years ago

TMNT Pro with shaker and radioactive container mod - $8200

TNA with every upgrade - $10,000

All games are HUO.

Local only.

Willing to take a Dialed In LE for a trade.

#17483 2 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

If my Brat kids complained because I took them to Edmonton, fed them, bought them stuff and gave them a holiday away because out of 100 games the 10 shut off were the only ones they wanted to play I would give them a swift kick in the ASS.
Then I would take the ice cream cones out of their hands and place then squarely on their heads.
Like seriously…

Seriously, Id have no problem putting it on your head either. Nothing like telling someone how to raise there kids. Heaven forbid someone not kiss the ASS of everyone in pinball and have an option.

#17484 2 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Wow there is a blast from the past. Steve is one of the original Die Hards! A pioneer of sorts for pinball in Edmonton as he was the first guy I met in pinball and motivated me to start PinNights, which eventually led to DHPL League Nights, YEGPIN and the establishment of Arkadium. The last time I seen the machine a long time ago is was in collector shape. Sad to see him leave the hobby but buy in confidence as he is a good guy! I would have snagged it but we just bought one last week .

Hah you flatter me sir. Yes Derek and I are OG's for Edmonton pinball gatherings. Little known fact, the first PinNights were just two of us drinking and replacing coils in Paragon hahaha. Congrats on all of the progress in the pinball scene Derek!! I fell out of the hobby in 2016 but I always have kept an eye on it locally and I never imagined what our random meeting at Pinburgh would become!

Side note: Sale pending on Tron. Sad to see my fav machine go but it's time to let someone actually play it instead of stare at it!
For now, take care all - old and new, young and old!

#17486 2 years ago

My Sorcerer Pinball is still for sale in Victoria; new playfield, new plastics, lots of upgrades (new displays, mostly new boards).

Asking $4500.

Tonnes of pics here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aou7HguTl0JihJUdguFw7nZqGxO2ZA?e=OWVYrg

#17487 2 years ago

Jurassic park pro huo blah blah blah $8600

Strange world $5000

Local sales no trades. Txs.

#17488 2 years ago

Nevermind

#17489 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

. I’d be willing to buy or trade my TRON for one.

Edit please...

#17490 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Looking for Willy Wonka SE or LE. I’d be willing to buy or trade my TRON for one.
Please message me if interested. Thanks.

BLASHPHEMY!

#17491 2 years ago

Got a LOTR in great condition looking for a local sale or trade:

vancouver.craigslist.org link

#17492 2 years ago

Looking for a GOT Premium if anyone has any leads.

Thanks!

#17493 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

Looking for a GOT Premium if anyone has any leads.

Thanks!

was wondering when you would pop up !
good luck on the search !

#17494 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

was wondering when you would pop up !
good luck on the search !

Thanks Rob! Appreciate it.

#17495 2 years ago

Finally got my butt in gear to list the GnR on Kijiji.

Mostly interested in finding trades on W/B superpins, up or down. I'm not opposed to selling for straight cash to fuel the pin hunting war chest either. I'll toss it up on the Facebook pinball group for Canada to see if there's interest there as well.

#17496 2 years ago

Machine - For Trade
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Up for trade is Stranger Things Premium. Excellent condition. No issues. Totally dialed in. TK lock works very well. Mirror blades. UV kit purchased, waiting for it to ship. Clela...”
2021-08-25
Milton, ON
Trade
Archived after: 13 days
Viewed: 558 times

Stranger Things Premium up for trade. Looking for:

- Willy Wonka (SE or LE)
- Deadpool (Pro or LE)
- Lord of the Rings LE
- Ricky and Morty
- Wizard of OZ (with 2.0 lights)
- The Simpsons Pinball Party

Totally dialed in. TK lock works great. Mirror Blades. Cleland code.

#17497 2 years ago

Jurassic Park Pro (<50plays) $8,700
Bally Playboy (VERY good shape) $3,600

Looking for
-Deadpool pro
-Attack from Mars
-Black Knight (original)

#17498 2 years ago

Jurassic Park pro (<1play) $7554.51 + tax from Nitro
Are you and graysons dad selling the same pin? Or how many you got!?!

#17499 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Are you and graysons dad selling the same pin?

One and same ...

#17500 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Jurassic Park pro (<1play) $7554.51 + tax from Nitro
Are you and graysons dad selling the same pin? Or how many you got!?!

It didnt come from Nitro. It was over 9k after taxes and delivery. They are backordered until next year. A price hike is supposedly happening again. It has very little play and can be inspected before buying. Oh and it has a new set of balls

There are 24,841 posts in this topic. You are on page 350 of 497.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/350?hl=wolv3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.