(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,837 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 497.
#1701 9 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

Ykpinballer , Canuck was looking for a st .

Thanks

#1702 9 years ago

getting better Pauz , thanks !

#1703 9 years ago
Quoted from violinfather:

To late Spencer I actually deleted the message because I am not at all interested in that theme. Sounds like maybe I was to quick to delete.

Honestly, WOZ felt kind of dull to me. Lots of stuff going on in the game but I just didn't find any of it exciting or fun. It also kind of felt soulless to me, like a slot machine. Maybe that's just because of the on-screen animations feeling very much like slot machine animations, though. Obviously, your results may vary, as pinball is kind of subjective, but if you watch a gameplay video of it and are not like "awesome!" you probably won't like it long term. I think that's just JJP's thing, though, because I got the exact same feel watching Hobbit videos as I did playing WOZ

#1704 9 years ago

So three trade options plus cash interest me. Which is the best option for a single pin adult family? We are all newbie players so don't want a quick draining game. The games are AC/DC Pro, Stern IJ and The Sopranos. I love the theme of all three.

#1705 9 years ago

AC/DC ainec.

#1706 9 years ago

AC/DC is the best pin of those 3, but it is by no means friendly to 'newbies'. From a newbie perspective alone sopranos is a lot more forgiving. Can't comment on IJ as I've never played the stern version.

#1707 9 years ago

Does anyone know if Patelrock is still only available via eBay or have they started a dedicated web store yet?

#1708 9 years ago

If it was me, id go Sopranos. I wouldnt even consider a Stern IJ and for me ac/dc has no appeal.

#1709 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Honestly, WOZ felt kind of dull to me. Obviously, your results may vary, as pinball is kind of subjective,

Truer words have not been said. If everyone liked the same thing, it would be a boring world. For me, I cant get enough of Woz and my other machines dont get played.

#1710 9 years ago

So three trade options plus cash interest me. Which is the best option for a single pin adult family? We are all newbie players so don't want a quick draining game. The games are AC/DC Pro, Stern IJ and The Sopranos. I love the theme of all three.

ACDC and change the music with pinball browser

#1711 9 years ago

To bad it wasn't an ACDC Premium, but the Pro is a solid game, family friendly and has appeal of family and friends when they come over...

#1712 9 years ago

You can play Sopranos and ACDC pro at denizen hall (grand hotel) across the street from the grey hound station and also check out the construction of the new arena. To get a feel on these games

#1713 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Honestly, WOZ felt kind of dull to me. Lots of stuff going on in the game but I just didn't find any of it exciting or fun. It also kind of felt soulless to me, like a slot machine. Maybe that's just because of the on-screen animations feeling very much like slot machine animations, though. Obviously, your results may vary, as pinball is kind of subjective, but if you watch a gameplay video of it and are not like "awesome!" you probably won't like it long term. I think that's just JJP's thing, though, because I got the exact same feel watching Hobbit videos as I did playing WOZ

I couldn't disagree with this more! Once you learn and get into the deep rules, WOZ will keep you interested and coming back for more. The one thing I have seen on Pinside is that most of these comments come from people that haven't lived with the game long enough. It is fast (you can cut off any stop in play you want), make it steep, control the pops and any other kickers etc etc to make as fast as you want. It also is so deep and when you stack and release all at once I promise you will be massaging your wrists after it is over

#1714 9 years ago

Canuck bought one, so ST Pro is still for sale.

#1715 9 years ago

Looking for an AC/DC pro or premium in Calgary. PM me if you're looking to sell.

#1716 9 years ago

Throwing out some feelers on a getaway . If anyone knows of one that might be available .

#1717 9 years ago

Anyone in western Canada with any early 90's Bally or Williams DMD machines for sale? At the beginning of the week was looking like the week would end with a judge dredd and Jurassic park in the collection. Fast forward to the end of the week and neither deal transpired. My basement is lonely, help me out!

#1718 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I agree with this 100%. I had a WOZLE and kept it for months playing and playing. It just felt so unsatisfying for me. I didn't like the flow or the ruleset. And worst of all that ending music after each ball. ... Wonderful wizard of OZ ... After 6 months my ears were ready to bleed. It was such a good looking machine and had amazing colors and lights that I wanted to love the game. I tried hard, printed off the ruleset and still just didn't like it. I sold it 6 months ago and have never looked back. I don't miss it at all and I won't look for another ever.

#1719 9 years ago

Metallica makes a lot of peoples ears bleed....literally

#1720 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Metallica makes a lot of peoples ears bleed....literally

Yes but it is supposed to do that

#1721 9 years ago

Interested in zaccaria locomotion, robot, pinball champ, spooky or magic castle if anyone knows of one.

#1722 9 years ago

Friend at work wants in to the hobby, machine in mind? Williams Taxi, looking for working, good cab and playfield, ramps etc. If anyone is thinking of letting one go let me know. Lola or Marilyn doesn't matter.

#1723 9 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Yes but it is supposed to do that

headbanger.gifheadbanger.gif

#1724 9 years ago

Still working on trades as it is obvious I will take to big a hit selling. So it is coming off the market today. Hoping to get a few more trade options as the one I wanted the most, AC/DC, has now changed their mind...not that I blame them. So if anyone has trades options with and without cash please let me know.

#1725 9 years ago

Violinfather = Kaneda

#1726 9 years ago

It's his machine and he shouldn't be pressured to make any deal he's not 100% happy with. It's hard letting go of a title that you believe to be worth more than you're being offered for it and, at the end of the day, he has to live with his decision. He's been clear about not wanting to ship, and has stated that he knows that it limits his sale options, so that's that.

It isn't drama so much as not wanting to make a decision that he'll sorely regret down the road. And I think we've probably all made deals that we regret after-the-fact.

#1727 9 years ago

Having said that, I just brought an ACDC Pro home yesterday and HOLY SHIT it's an amazing pin. Soooo deep, fast, and fun. I didn't even bother with a honeymoon period and fell in love with it after only a few games. Definitely keep it on your list violinfather!

Cheers,
Greg

#1728 9 years ago

Just need some opinion on going rates for the following pins: Stern IJ, one month old AC/DC pro, Spider-Man, and the Sopranos. Yes I did look at the Pinside values in USD but figure prices are slightly different in Canada. I appreciate everyone's input about my TWDLE sale both positive and negative. Everyone has a right to an opinion.

#1729 9 years ago

One month old AC/DC Pro, or AC/DC Pro LED? The latter has mods already done to it that you won't have to worry about doing yourself. Granted, I don't know much about the Pro LED as I only just got the original Pro, but even that is an awesome game. Value wise, you'll need to research that yourself and decide what works for you.

#1730 9 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

It's his machine and he shouldn't be pressured to make any deal he's not 100% happy with. It's hard letting go of a title that you believe to be worth more than you're being offered for it and, at the end of the day, he has to live with his decision. He's been clear about not wanting to ship, and has stated that he knows that it limits his sale options, so that's that.
It isn't drama so much as not wanting to make a decision that he'll sorely regret down the road. And I think we've probably all made deals that we regret after-the-fact.

Please, its all drama with him. Just ask anyone who has had dealings with him. He has a fair/solid CASH offer of 7K on the table, plus numerous trade options.

I hope he accepts the trade because if he takes the cash, next week he will start another thread " got 7K what should I buy"

#1731 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Please, its all drama with him. Just ask anyone who has had dealings with him. He has a fair/solid CASH offer of 7K on the table, plus numerous trade options.
I hope he accepts the trade because if he takes the cash, next week he will start another thread " got 7K what should I buy"

Oh I was unaware that this individual was an issue. I was just speaking in general terms. I wasn't trying to step on any toes.

#1732 9 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

Oh I was unaware that this individual was an issue. I was just speaking in general terms. I wasn't trying to step on any toes.

Oh, no worries. Just try dealing with him and you'll understand. lol. The list is long and distinguished with Pinside members and trouble dealing with him.

#1733 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Oh, no worries. Just try dealing with him and you'll understand. lol. The list is long and distinguished with Pinside members and trouble dealing with him.

Choggard?

#1734 9 years ago

Lol, no that's a whole new level.

#1735 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Actually I waited for a week for a buyer in Calgary to come up with $7000 but he could not do it. No big deal as I am still working on a trade with him. Spencer you will probably not have to worry for six months or so until I switch that one. In the end someone will get a good deal on my TWDLE and good for them.

#1736 9 years ago

I have a Pinball Pool for sale for $800 CAD. Info here: http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/pinball-pool-800-obo.3180/

I'm also going to be posting an Escape From the Lost World for $1200 CAD obo.

#1737 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

I have a Pinball Pool for sale for $800 CAD. Info here: http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/pinball-pool-800-obo.3180/
I'm also going to be posting an Escape From the Lost World for $1200 CAD obo.

I would be interested in ur escape from the lost world.... Would u ship??

#1738 9 years ago

Actually I waited for a week for a buyer in Calgary to come up with $7000 but he could not do it. No big deal as I am still working on a trade with him. Spencer you will probably not have to worry for six months or so until I switch that one. In the end someone will get a good deal on my TWDLE and good for them.

$7000 for a pretty much new twdle is crazy. Considering they are pretty much sold out in Canada and the low CND. I'm pretty biased. But I would go after a ST. LE if possible.
The WOZ I have never seen one in person let alone played it. But it does look like a fun game to play. But then again I'm a sucker for fancy lights,toys and the theme song

#1739 9 years ago

RE: Walking Dead trades. 1.ACDC prem if you can get it is great, I don't have, but have played one and the mods (now colordmd) available are endless.
2. WOZ also not owned, but played is better the more you play it, there is a lot to do and it can be very entertaining.
3. IJ4, this one I do own and it is actually better than more people give it credit for. It's also low production, and unfortunately most of the ones I've seen are a mess. Got lucky finding one in amazing shape.
4. ST LE, have played as well, and the one I did play was modded nicely and a blast.

#1740 9 years ago

Wondering on your guys' imput on shipping games from across the country and when the dollar comes back from the states. I have only bought locally and had to travel for others. I feel limited to my options; and would like to be comfortable shipping if I can. If it is not from a company and the seller does not want to ship has anyone ever contacted a shipping company to go get the machine from the seller, package it up and sell it? what would the cost be? is it a headache? anyone ever get burned?

#1741 9 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

IJ4, this one I do own and it is actually better than more people give it credit for.

Sorry, glad you like it, but it's actually worse than most people negatively rate it at, mind numbingly worse...

It's a borg bashing masterpiece, if you're into that I guess. Love the toys, but there is only so many times I can bash something in a pinball machine.

#1742 9 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Wondering on your guys' imput on shipping games from across the country and when the dollar comes back from the states. I have only bought locally and had to travel for others. I feel limited to my options; and would like to be comfortable shipping if I can. If it is not from a company and the seller does not want to ship has anyone ever contacted a shipping company to go get the machine from the seller, package it up and sell it? what would the cost be? is it a headache? anyone ever get burned?

I kind of surprised with the amount of Canadians on here. That no one contacts someone in city of the pin to help broker the deal between a buyer and a seller. (Eg looking at the pin or even shipping it for those sellers that don't want to ship) but I would be comfortable with buying and getting a pin shipped across the country if it's a pin that I really want.

#1743 9 years ago

If it is a pinsider with a good reputation or they seem active in the community, I would be very comfortable with shipping/having one shipped.

If the seller wraps it up good, there should be no problems.

#1744 9 years ago

I've helped others on here get the games they want,and shipped them to Ontario.
Also told others about games for sale,generally not listed anywhere.
If you see something you like in Calgary, I can look at it for you.
I am not a tech,but I know what's nice and what's not

#1745 9 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I've helped others on here get the games they want,and shipped them to Ontario.
Also told others about games for sale,generally not listed anywhere.
If you see something you like in Calgary, I can look at it for you.
I am not a tech,but I know what's nice and what's not

Yes Pingod is the best he knows his stuff

#1746 9 years ago

I've had some shipped and it was around 2-300. LTL trucking with pick up at depot. And yes good idea to have fellow pinsider check a pin if u are not local. Sure to find someone to oblige.

#1747 9 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Hey hey now...'the best'? Let's not go crazy.

I'm kidding of course, Pingod has helped me move many games; great guy. We have a great community in Calgary and Canada in general I think. Shipping isn't as crazy as I once thought, either.

It's almost worth posting a WTB on here since many games 'might' be for sale, but not always posted.

#1748 9 years ago
Quoted from zero:

Hey hey now...'the best'? Let's not go crazy.
I'm kidding of course, Pingod has helped me move many games; great guy. We have a great community in Calgary and Canada in general I think. Shipping isn't as crazy as I once thought, either.
It's almost worth posting a WTB on here since many games 'might' be for sale, but not always posted.

Back at you Trevor,he is very helpfull as well.
Lots of good guys in the hobby here.

#1749 9 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Thanks William,
Glad you liked the games.
Nice resto you did on MM

#1750 9 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Thanks William,
Glad you liked the games.
Nice resto you did on MM

Thanks Dan I really like restoring MM u have been very helpful though it also

There are 24,837 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 497.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.