(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,741 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Chambahz
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,741 posts in this topic. You are on page 345 of 495.
#17201 2 years ago

Guns N Roses SE for sale or trade - $13,000

https://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/guns-n-roses-se.11217/

#17202 2 years ago

Never mind it's sold.

#17203 2 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Not local but, I know a guy that has one west of Calgary. Not sure if he would sell but maybe Pm me if you want details.

I'm not sure we're desperate enough to ship yet. Fingers crossed something will turn up in the Ottawa + Montreal area. But thank you

#17204 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I'm not sure we're desperate enough to ship yet. Fingers crossed something will turn up in the Ottawa + Montreal area. But thank you

Shipping is, what, about 200-300 site to site?

#17205 2 years ago

The game is starting to grow on me,
It’s not easy at all.
I almost gave up on it, but it has some great potential if they spice the code up like they did with Deadpool.

Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I really didn’t like it as well lol. Had a pro for a few months. Shoots ok but not for me.

#17206 2 years ago

Has anyone used reship.com for pinball orders out of the US? A coworker says he uses it lots and has never had a problem.

#17207 2 years ago

Have a TMNT Pro for trade. Looking for Strangers Things or Star Wars Comic.

Local only.

#17208 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Have a TMNT Pro for trade. Looking for Strangers Things or Star Wars Comic.
Local only.

There's a stranger things pro in Ottawa

#17209 2 years ago

After a bit of a hiatus I am back and looking to trade my IJ.
Wishlist pins ideally.

#17210 2 years ago

Anyone have a SW pin2000 for $3000 or so Canadian? Or a RFM for more?
I’m in New Brunswick
Thanks!

#17211 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

too risky to get a 1st-time buyer to ship something. They'll want to see what they're buying in advance.
YMMV

#17212 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Isn't that crazy? I see guys in the states paying $500 - $1000 USD to ship anything a few states over yet we ship coast to coast for a few hundred. Costs me a couple hundred to drive province to province.

#17213 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

too risky to get a 1st-time buyer to ship something. They'll want to see what they're buying in advance.
YMMV

I bought 2 games sight unseen from Calgary actually, they were packaged perfectly and shipped without any issue. Trust and great references can go a long way! Just saying...

#17214 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Anyone have a SW pin2000 for $3000 or so Canadian? Or a RFM for more?
I’m in New Brunswick
Thanks!

No idea who the person is, but this ad has been floating around for a long time.

vancouver.craigslist.org link

#17215 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I see guys in the states paying $500 - $1000 USD

Just shipped an IJPA from Edmonton to California.. residential pick up and drop off 5 days shipping time $425.00 USD , not to bad .

#17216 2 years ago
Quoted from aFineMoose:

No idea who the person is, but this ad has been floating around for a long time.
vancouver.craigslist.org link

This is tuck in Kamloops. Good guy, I've bought from him before.

#17217 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I bought 2 games sight unseen from Calgary actually, they were packaged perfectly and shipped without any issue. Trust and great references can go a long way! Just saying...

And I've seen several games damaged in shipping. For some people shipping is not worth the risk. Just saying.....

#17218 2 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

And I've seen several games damaged in shipping. For some people shipping is not worth the risk. Just saying.....

Shit happens and that's why we have insurance! But sometimes you just can't stay local with games you've been looking for. Then, every game gets to be shipped at least once in it's lifetime, right?

Still, it would make me real sad to see a good game get damaged. We get attached to those oversized toys, don't we?!!

#17219 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Shit happens and that's why we have insurance! But sometimes you just can't stay local with games you've been looking for. Then, every game gets to be shipped at least once in it's lifetime, right?
Still, it would make me real sad to see a good game get damaged. We get attached to those oversized toys, don't we?!!

Insurance seems like a nightmare and they want to pay by the pound. Guess you can get better insurance "on the side"?

#17220 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Insurance seems like a nightmare and they want to pay by the pound. Guess you can get better insurance "on the side"?

Once I had to replace the brand new water heater on the pool after a damn cold winter - all the coil had busted. Took insurance for that sort of stuff, a few bucks per year does it. I even have coverage, up to a specific amount, for legal advice! So, yeah, not on the side, just ask your insurer!

Btw, good advice to take detailed pics and serial numbers of all your pins and arcade that show condition of your games. You'd be surprised how low the insurance company will value your games if they get damaged or stolen.

Edited: sorry folks for the interruption, go back to selling games!

#17221 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

surprised how low the insurance company will value your games if they get damaged or stolen.

this would be true with anything insured! paid years of insurance of a car valued at 8k when it came time to pay out they valued at 4k ...in theory my payment for insurance should have been lower as the car was depreciated!

#17222 2 years ago

Looking to add any of the following to my collection for a reasonable price if anyone is looking to sell:

- South Park
- Family Guy
- T2

Cheers!

#17223 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Just shipped an IJPA from Edmonton to California.. residential pick up and drop off 5 days shipping time $425.00 USD , not to bad .

would you tell me please, what company did you use for shipping?

#17224 2 years ago

Ok but let me know if you know anyone in the GOA if they have an Eight Ball they'd part with

#17225 2 years ago

Nice condition swords of fury
Comes with 2 brand new ramps and insert decals.
$4800

#17226 2 years ago
Quoted from Magno:

Nice condition swords of fury
Comes with 2 brand new ramps and insert decals.
$4800

Man nobody wants to install those ramps lol. They came with the game when I bought it. I sold them with the game to Paul. He sold them to you with the game and now the game is up for grabs again with uninstalled ramps. Too much work lol.
The playfield is in really good shape. The existing ramps are fine. GLWS

#17227 2 years ago

The current ramps are in great shape so no need to change them.
I DO NOT want to sell this game but I have to make room for other machines.
Plays great with an awesome layout and best music around. It’s a shame cause I will have a hard time to find this game again.

#17228 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

would you tell me please, what company did you use for shipping?

YRC

#17229 2 years ago
Quoted from Magno:

The current ramps are in great shape so no need to change them.
I DO NOT want to sell this game but I have to make room for other machines.
Plays great with an awesome layout and best music around. It’s a shame cause I will have a hard time to find this game again.

Everyone who has owned and sold a Swords of Fury. Great game if you can fit a larger collection.

#17230 2 years ago

I did actually get a quote with them before selecting someone else to do it for me and YRC came out to be just slightly more expensive than my current option, that said, I've spent considerably more than the price you have mention earlier, wondering where the difference is.
We were shipping the same game, just from different state and to a difference province, mind you the distance is almost the same.

#17231 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I did actually get a quote with them before selecting someone else to do it for me and YRC came out to be just slightly more expensive than my current option, that said, I've spent considerably more than the price you have mention earlier, wondering where the difference is.
We were shipping the same game, just from different state and to a difference province, mind you the distance is almost the same.

It's rarely about distance, but type of carriage and linehaul routes

And also how you dim out the load.

#17232 2 years ago

I find it amazing the difference I get from first call on shipping price to the last call. You kinda have to get past the bigger outfits. I always spend a few days and ask around and eventually you get the right office girl in a smaller depot that gets shit done. She knows what truck is going where and has couple of spare feet to get you on. I'll start at $350 plus taxes and by the end your like $140 all in, I'll just pay in advance right there on the phone.

#17233 2 years ago
Quoted from Magno:Nice condition swords of fury $4800

Quoted from Magno:

I DO NOT want to sell this game

You ain't lion...man

#17234 2 years ago

Lots of ads for sale in this hobby mentioning they don’t want to sell.

Just a small note that if you are selling your game then ultimately you want to sell your game. Perhaps on many levels you dont want to sell... but if you are selling it then all anyone cares about, including you, is that you are ultimately selling it. You are selling it because you want to sell it otherwise you would not sell it. This is why you posted an ad for sale of your game so that you will sell it, you get cash in return, and it will leave your home.

Now excuse me, I have to go to Five Guys now for a burger eventhough I DO NOT WANT TO EAT IT.

#17235 2 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Just a small note that if you are selling your game then ultimately you want to sell your game. Perhaps on many levels you dont want to sell... but if you are selling it then all anyone cares about, including you, is that you are ultimately selling it. You are selling it because you want to sell it otherwise you would not sell it. This is why you posted an ad for sale of your game so that you will sell it, you get cash in return, and it will leave your home.
Now excuse me, I have to go to Five Guys now for a burger eventhough I DO NOT WANT TO EAT IT.

I think there can be a perception that people use the "I don't want to" excuse disingenuously to pump up their game when selling but I have no issue with someone saying it. They simply want something more than something else, I know the feeling.

#17236 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I think there can be a perception that people use the "I don't want to" excuse disingenuously to pump up their game when selling but I have no issue with someone saying it. They simply want something more than something else, I know the feeling.

Half the games ive sold, i didnt want to. The house is only so big though and the budget as well. If you want to try different games in your house, something has to go unfortunately. This has been especially true for me during covid. Not being able to play any games but the ones in my house. I get the "hate to see it go" thing but i also see it used disingenuously. I think in this case, SoF speaks for itself. I know I didnt want to sell it when I was an owner. That music alone

#17237 2 years ago

Price drop on my Sorcerer, only $4500. Game is in Victoria.

Up for sale is a Sorcerer I spent a bunch of the pandemic working on. I replaced a lot of the connectors, the MPU, displays, power driver board, set of plastics and the playfield! It should run fine for another 35 years. I even replaced the flipper coils and capacitors with more reliable newer equivalents.

The playfield was a discounted one from CPR, it had a few small white marks where the playfield is black (which were mostly covered up when I assembled components onto the playfield). I also noticed one small pinhole sized defect in the clear when taking pictures. It is not perfect, but it is way better than the original playfield.

Asking $4500

Far too many pics here:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aou7HguTl0JihJUdguFw7nZqGxO2ZA?e=OWVYrg

Back on the topic of NOT selling things, I am always a bit puzzled by people who always need to check with everything with their spouse. I can see running a major purchase by them, whatever. But I bumped into one fellow who took this to the extreme, e.g. "my wife wants to know what you have for sale, my wife wants to see a video of this or that, my wife wants to know where to get parts".

I don't mind helping you make an informed purchase, just stop putting it on your wife all the time !!!

#17238 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I am always a bit puzzled by people who always need to check with everything with their spouse. I can see running a major purchase by them, whatever. But I bumped into one fellow who took this to the extreme, e.g. "my wife wants to know what you have for sale, my wife wants to see a video of this or that, my wife wants to know where to get parts".
I don't mind helping you make an informed purchase, just stop putting it on your wife all the time !!!

Idk, in this particular example, it sounds like this guy is lucky. I like to hear a wife asking these questions. Sounds like she is involved in the hobby, not just tolerant of her husband's hobby.
Wives can like pinball and have their own preferences. There are definitely games my gf prefers that im not actively looking for.

#17239 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Idk, in this particular example, it sounds like this guy is lucky. I like to hear a wife asking these questions. Sounds like she is involved in the hobby, not just tolerant of her husband's hobby.
Wives can like pinball and have their own preferences. There are definitely games my gf prefers that im not actively looking for.

Yeah I can see that. Fair point! I am not sure what was going on but I hope they are enjoying the hobby still.

#17240 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I agree with what you're saying... but in this case it sounds like the wife should have been the one making the deal. It sounds like when I deal with junior people on business deals, "I have to ask my boss", or "I need to ask my manager". My immediate thought is maybe I should be dealing with your boss/manager.

#17241 2 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Just a small note that if you are selling your game then ultimately you want to sell your game. Perhaps on many levels you dont want to sell... but if you are selling it then all anyone cares about, including you, is that you are ultimately selling it.

I agree, people that do this obviously WANT to sell, they just want you to feel that they aren't desperate to get rid of it so that you don't have any false idea of leverage when buying. It rubs me the wrong way but, unfortunately, lots of effective negotiation tactics work even though they annoy me.

#17242 2 years ago

new owner of a TSPP pinball

anyone with mods for sale?

#17243 2 years ago
Quoted from Paseb:

new owner of a TSPP pinball
anyone with mods for sale?

Only 2 mods are necessary on TSPP:

- Green leds in Cooling towers
- Colour DMD

#17244 2 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Only 2 mods are necessary on TSPP:
- Green leds in Cooling towers
- Colour DMD

color dmd and pinsound ordered

you leave the stock bulbs in gi and backbox?

#17245 2 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

I blame Kijiji. Pinball aside, if you put anything on there you get a bunch of lowballs well into the ridiculously low range. Asking $800, I'll offer you $75.

So of course people end up putting stuff in the ad like "lowballs will be ignored" or "no hurry to sell" or "happy to keep it". etc.

#17246 2 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

I blame Kijiji. Pinball aside, if you put anything on there you get a bunch of lowballs well into the ridiculously low range. Asking $800, I'll offer you $75.
So of course people end up putting stuff in the ad like "lowballs will be ignored" or "no hurry to sell" or "happy to keep it". etc.

I block people on kijiji for wasting my time. Tire kickers and no-shows can go fuck their hat!

I had a no-show have the gall to contact me again for the same item he didn't show up for. I told him I would rather haul the item to the end of the driveway and set in on fire than deal with him.

I don't put up with Tom-foolery.

#17247 2 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Keeping mandolorian le. Thanks for all the interest.

Dude, 14k US for a pin that you can order for much less now?? Why would anyone...not to mention that pinside is a community and price gouging is greedy, unlikable and uncool!

#17248 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Wow, 3 owners in as many months, must be a fun game...

Pin was in good shape for sure...sold now. I found it linnear with everything happening starting with spinning the Dr. Strange disc. Unlike JP for example where you
- go for the newton ball
- spell chaos
- go for raptor pen
- play the map

But, I must say I started playing better on JP while having AIQ?

#17249 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Pin was in good shape for sure...sold now. I found it linnear with everything happening starting with spinning the Dr. Strange disc. Unlike JP for example where you
- go for the newton ball
- spell chaos
- go for raptor pen
- play the map
But, I must say I started playing better on JP while having AIQ?

I'm really enjoying it @animal, thanks for taking good care of it About the only other path I've found on it is to chase the Soul Gem, that can be done independently from the Dr. Strange started events. You could chase Thor or Iron Man multi ball but those are best taken on during one of your Gem battles, so getting them queued up seems important. Still trying to figure out the drop targets and when to shoot them, but I'm less than a week in with plenty of time to figure my way through it.

#17250 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I had a no-show have the gall to contact me again for the same item he didn't show up for. I told him I would rather haul the item to the end of the driveway and set in on fire than deal with him.

I laughed out loud when I read this, as I had used the exact same line with a Kijiji time-waster last summer. I had a set of oak chairs for sale, he pulled a no-show, then called again on them. The driveway bonfire would have been quite satisfying, but they went to a good home in the end - not his.

There are 24,741 posts in this topic. You are on page 345 of 495.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/345 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.