(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,741 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Chambahz
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,741 posts in this topic. You are on page 337 of 495.
#16801 2 years ago

Were you thinking of offering to facilitate shipping and exchange of funds? It might make moving games across country a bit easier for some instead of e- transferring thousands of dollars to someone you’ve never met.

#16802 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I know a lot of people that would pay a couple hundo finders fee for an IM, Kiss or Elvira. It was only an idea to keep him busy. It takes a lot of effort to track down a game of choice.

How could a 15 year old kid have better resources than us who are active in the community.. constantly on here and other sites(kijiji,Craigslist,etc) & we're communicating with other pinheads across the country and literally the rest of the world? No one is going to deal with a child over a ten thousand dollar purchase. I'd suggest a small engine repair business or even a newspaper route over your idea.

#16803 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I know a lot of people that would pay a couple hundo finders fee for an IM, Kiss or Elvira. It was only an idea to keep him busy. It takes a lot of effort to track down a game of choice.

My point was if he has the ability and puts in the work he should buy low sell high. Why would he charge 1%? Seems like you are just teaching him his time and energy do not have value. Why don’t you just stake him 5k to find the best pin he can. Teach him how to polish, shop and flip it.

#16804 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

How could a 15 year old kid have better resources than us who are active in the community.. constantly on here and other sites(kijiji,Craigslist,etc) & we're communicating with other pinheads across the country and literally the rest of the world? No one is going to deal with a child over a ten thousand dollar purchase. I'd suggest a small engine repair business or even a newspaper route over your idea.

He would only find the leads (negotiation between buyer and seller) and only get paid if the deal closed. How would he find the games, I would teach him my secrets

#16805 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Anything in stock, you need to pay the price they paid. I think exchange rate then was either 1.35/1.40

Yes, that is my experience. At least with Player One. The reason I brought it up is because the below doesn't always apply. Just wanted people to be aware.

Quoted from pinballjah:

Pay in USD so you control the rate of exchange. This is what I do with Player One in Toronto.

#16806 2 years ago

Willing to pay a 1% finders fee on a heavy metal meltdown.

#16807 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Effort isnt the issue, money is. Supply is low, demand is high.

Thus, Pinflation

The other issue is people holding their dollar. Unfortunately people who bought nib games last year when the dollar was high are gonna get hit hard. We are anywhere from 15-20% lower on exchange rate today then we were at some points of last year. Unfortunately our hobby is tied heavily to USD. With our dollar getting stronger by the day, game values north of the border (by definition) should drop, but they wont.

Example: When people were spending $7600 USD for a premium last summer that was about $10,350 PRE TAX. That same game which you can order now (if you dont mind waiting) is just undr $9200.

Is anyone here willing to lose $1100 because the dollar took a swing?

Why am I explaining any of this? Because unfortunately people expect more, and a lot of us just continue to pay it. So saying finding a game is a lot of effort just isnt true.

Finding a game AND scoring a deal, thats a whole other situation.

#16808 2 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Were you thinking of offering to facilitate shipping and exchange of funds? It might make moving games across country a bit easier for some instead of e- transferring thousands of dollars to someone you’ve never met.

People already do this without a fee

Quoted from pinballjah:

He would only find the leads (negotiation between buyer and seller) and only get paid if the deal closed.

See my answer to rwmech5 above

#16809 2 years ago

I sold my aiq 2 weeks ago and specifically requested payment in usd because of the changing currency rates rn. To sell it in cdn would have been several hundred less than I just bought it for and now I have us cash for my next purchase.

#16810 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Lol, all the risks the distros take buying games are passed on to their clients..

Shouldn’t that be the case? Why would they take the loss?

#16811 2 years ago

I picked up a White Water while doing a trade for my trek. Anyone looking? nice shape. 9k without colour. 9.4 with

Original topper. Full led, art blades, new ramps, new legs.

#16812 2 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

People already do this without a fee

See my answer to rwmech5 above

Already got two game finder requests Will let you know what he can find.

#16813 2 years ago

We already know

#16814 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

How would he find the games, I would teach him my secrets

Quoted from pinballjah:

Pay in USD so you control the rate of exchange. This is what I do with Player One in Toronto.

And again, we already know!

#16815 2 years ago

Hey Guys, I'm looking for an Elvira House of Horrors, premium or LE, and an original Medieval Madness in any condition. All leads deeply appreciated! Thanks!

#16816 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Willing to pay a 1% finders fee on a heavy metal meltdown.

Found one in BC. PM sent.

#16817 2 years ago

If anyone has a Stranger Things Prem for sale please message me. I have cash in hand.

#16818 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Already got two game finder requests Will let you know what he can find.

Up to four game requests. Looks like he may have a workable business model

#16819 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Up to four game requests. Looks like he may have a workable business model

Or, like many (if not most) of us, you can be transparent in helping others and not expect a payout for it.

The whole purpose of this thread specifically is to connect buyers and sellers with eachother. If you want to promote a business or product, put up a pinside marketplace ad as other businesses do.

I don't want to start anything, and I if I come across rude, I apologize.

I just think that telling people you can find games in a thread specifically designed for it but then pushing it as a business idea and having to pay your son is just off-putting.

If it was truly a business, you'd buy up the inventory, and resell it. Add to that, you wouldn't have posted wtb ads in the past, nor would you brag about having 'clientele'

Again, sorry, but this just doesnt feel par for the course.

#16820 2 years ago

Isn't that flipping.

When you start creeping my wish list and sending me weekly updates it is time to stop.

#16821 2 years ago

Local only in BC. Looking to trade a HUO AIQ pro for a stranger things pro. I might consider others but have most of the new sterns.

#16822 2 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I just think that telling people you can find games in a thread specifically designed for it but then pushing it as a business idea and having to pay your son is just off-putting.

You're definitely not rude. In my few years on here I can't count how many times you've helped or offered to help people on here get pins shipped, parts located, or just general advice.(and never asked for a percentage cut.) Good luck on your kids' endeavor P-Jah, and happy Victoria day canucks!

#16823 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

You're definitely not rude. In my few years on here I can't count how many times you've helped or offered to help people on here get pins shipped, parts located, or just general advice.(and never asked for a percentage cut.) Good luck on your kids' endeavor P-Jah, and happy Victoria day canucks!

Canada Post must have lost my invoice.

But honestly, appreciate the kind words

#16824 2 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Or, like many (if not most) of us, you can be transparent in helping others and not expect a payout for it.
The whole purpose of this thread specifically is to connect buyers and sellers with eachother. If you want to promote a business or product, put up a pinside marketplace ad as other businesses do.
If it was truly a business, you'd buy up the inventory, and resell it. Add to that, you wouldn't have posted wtb ads in the past, nor would you brag about having 'clientele'
Again, sorry, but this just doesnt feel par for the course.

To be honest, I help people find games all the time. I have never charged a fee to anyone. It was more an idea for my son so he could learn about business and maybe make a few bucks. I have offered a couple times $200 if someone could find a specific game for me. Anyway, enough said on this matter. Just an idea, he is too lazy anyway

#16825 2 years ago

Hello everyone!

Anybody selling a Rick and Morty?

Will consider taking your pre-order or a game with low plays.

Will pay handsomely for NIB if you pass it along, otherwise a low plays game is welcomed.

I am in Ottawa. Thanks

#16826 2 years ago

Can you find me a good 90s pin under 6k

Quoted from pinballjah:

To be honest, I help people find games all the time. I have never charged a fee to anyone. It was more an idea for my son so he could learn about business and maybe make a few bucks. I have offered a couple times $200 if someone could find a specific game for me. Anyway, enough said on this matter. Just an idea, he is too lazy anyway

#16827 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Hello everyone!
Anybody selling a Rick and Morty?
Will consider taking your pre-order or a game with low plays.
Will pay handsomely for NIB if you pass it along, otherwise a low plays game is welcomed.
I am in Ottawa. Thanks

Probably zero pre-orders left. They’re basically done production. Good luck.

Also, better to try the rick and morty thread to ask about an R&M pre-order

#16828 2 years ago

I’m looking for a HoH LE.
Would love a lead if anyone has it?

#16829 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Probably zero pre-orders left. They’re basically done production. Good luck.
Also, better to try the rick and morty thread to ask about an R&M pre-order

They are almost done, which means some people are still receiving them NIB still... so we will see. If it is not a NIB it might be one with low plays.

Let me know what you have!

I also posted on RM's thread. thanks

#16830 2 years ago

I might be selling a very nice 2 month old, STRANGER THINGS PREMIUM, all dialed in shooting like butter as soon as I find a RM.

Those interested shoot me a PM.

#16831 2 years ago

There’s a Wanted posting on pinball revolution for sth premium.

#16832 2 years ago

I might be selling a very nice 2 month old, STRANGER THINGS PREMIUM, all dialed in shooting like butter as soon as I find a RM.

This will be a quick sale.

#16833 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

There’s a Wanted posting on pinball revolution for sth premium.

And a wanted post on here by me. I sent a pm.

#16834 2 years ago

Cool, people selling/looking for games. But where's Dan in all this? I'm worried, lol

#16835 2 years ago

I have a few games for sale.

Revenge From Mars - Shopped, LEDs - $5.5k cdn
Godzilla - LEDs, Armor was colored to match the “Godzilla Green” color - 8k cdn
Monster Bash Limited Edition with Brian Allen art blades and alternative translite - $13.5k cdn
Turtles Premium low plays with stern plunger, art blades and topper - $11.5k cdn

#16836 2 years ago
Quoted from nd4spd:I have a few games for sale.
Revenge From Mars - Shopped, LEDs - $5.5k cdn
Godzilla - LEDs, Armor was colored to match the “Godzilla Green” color - 8k cdn
Monster Bash Limited Edition with Brian Allen art blades and alternative translite - $13.5k cdn
Turtles Premium low plays with stern plunger, art blades and topper - $11.5k cdn

Love that Brian Allen artwork! Great addition! GLWS.

#16837 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Cool, people selling/looking for games. But where's Dan in all this? I'm worried, lol

Sorry, I just sold games without mentioning them here or advertising them
AFM LE, Deadpool pro, 2 TAF, White water, might be more I'm not thinking of right now.

#16838 2 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Sorry, I just sold games without mentioning them here or advertising them
AFM LE, Deadpool pro, 2 TAF, White water, might be more I'm not thinking of right now.

Fantastic PG.

Been looking for a TZ for a while, actually prefer a beat up one.

#16841 2 years ago

One of those days, check out the South Park in Toronto.

#16843 2 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

One of those days, check out the South Park in Toronto.

He also has a supreme boxing bag for sale 25k

#16844 2 years ago

There you go, that one is 350$, lol, you're welcome!
ebay.com link: itm

#16845 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

There you go, that one is 350$, lol, you're welcome!
ebay.com link: itm

Gotta be a scam... Too cheap

#16846 2 years ago

Funny he has it listed at $5000 on the Vancouver pages versus $4000 in Calgary and Toronto. I always knew real estate was higher in Vancouver but wow…

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1568487885

#16847 2 years ago

I'm looking to sell a few games to make some room. Probably won't sell all, but you never know.

Attack from Mars LE - $12,000 Beautiful game Inside and out, I'm the second owner. Less than 1000 plays lifetime

No Good Gofers - $7000 with color DMD $6500 without

Playfield is in great shape, everything works as it should. A couple of small scuffs on the outside of cabinet. Left side of head graphic has damage and been painted.

Data East Jurassic Park - Plays and works as it should, color DMD, LEDs throughout, has original topper $5500

Stern Star Trek Pro - 3rd owner HUO. Color DMD, heavily modded to almost be a promium. Great game but really want a Premium version - $8000

Message me for pics etc. Prefer local pickup first but able to ship at buyers expense and carrier. I'm always open to offers

#16848 2 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

I'm looking to sell a few games to make some room.

great seller , maintains his games buy with confidence!

#16849 2 years ago

WTB Ghostbusters, routed is ok.

#16850 2 years ago

I've already kind of asked this but ... does anyone have any experience buying off of Dino Gaspari (Pinball Depot)?

I'd really like to hear from a few people that have purchased off him before. Seems like he sells A LOT of games.

There are 24,741 posts in this topic. You are on page 337 of 495.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/337 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.