(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG
There are 24,837 posts in this topic. You are on page 336 of 497.
#16751 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Some titles take a bit longer to get love. Others get love right away from all the hype then it dies off somewhat.
Seeing similar with Stranger Things. Sat in distro warehouses forever as it wasn't selling. What other Stern have had LE's available to buy NIB from legit distros a year after release??? Now that folks have tried it with complete code the like it and want one. None to be had anywhere whether Pro or Prem. Hell even here in the marketplace there are more JJP GNR for sale than STh.

Yeah, the popularity trends are interesting. It's not the only one though: BKSOR LEs sat too. The price cratered on that one for a while when they were hitting the secondary market quickly: could get it for under US$7000. It seems they've made their way into stronger hands now and price has stabilized.

#16752 2 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Anyone have luck with the Rollergames in Regina? I’ve messaged... texted... phoned. No reply

Nope ghosted.... probably gone to a higher offer! Hopefully stayed in the area!

#16753 2 years ago

For sale:

Transformers LE (Combo version #48 of 500) for sale. HUO (I bought it NIB) in mint condition. Lots of extras including:
Shaker
Mirror blades
McKee Topper
Color DMD
Megatron shooter rod
$7000 CDN

X-men (Magneto) LE (241 of 250) for sale. HUO (I bought it NIB) in mint condition. Included mods:
Shaker
Mirror blades
Lit Iceman figure
Newton ball mod installed for Wolverine, with original Wolverine figure re-mounted
Gel insert colors added to villains and scoop inserts
Liighted Magneto topper
Nightcrawler shooter rod
$8250 CDN

Super Chexx bubble hockey game
Excellent condition coin-op version of the game. Everything works great on it.
Not the Pro version.
$3100 CDN

Prefer cash local sale. No trades. PM me for pics if you are interested.

#16754 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

For sale:
Transformers LE (Combo version #48 of 500) for sale. HUO (I bought it NIB) in mint condition. Lots of extras including:
Shaker
Mirror blades
McKee Topper
Color DMD
Megatron shooter rod
$7000 CDN
X-men (Magneto) LE (241 of 250) for sale. HUO (I bought it NIB) in mint condition. Included mods:
Shaker
Mirror blades
Lit Iceman figure
Newton ball mod installed for Wolverine, with original Wolverine figure re-mounted
Liighted Magneto topper
Nightcrawler shooter rod
$8250 CDN
Not the Pro version.
Red, non-split base.
$3100 CDN

Just adding that the Super Chexx has a red, non-split, base.

#16755 2 years ago

pretty wild how the gap between the price of 80s solid-state in decent playable condition and a NIB Stern is shrinking.
I think I saw someone try and sell Alien Poker for like $4300. This only make sense if people are desperate for pins and the newer ones are mostly unavailable. It'll take a year for markets to properly settle post-pandemic but it'll be interesting to see where prices go.

I think we might be witnessing the peak premium demand for pinballs that we'll ever see. and by that I mean demand overtaking supply. We might get to a point in a few years where manufacturers have managed to increase their numbers, but I don't expect to ever be back at this point where demand is outstripping all supply, new and old.

#16756 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

pretty wild how the gap between the price of 80s solid-state in decent playable condition and a NIB Stern is shrinking.
I think I saw someone try and sell Alien Poker for like $4300. This only make sense if people are desperate for pins and the newer ones are mostly unavailable. It'll take a year for markets to properly settle post-pandemic but it'll be interesting to see where prices go.

I think we might be witnessing the peak premium demand for pinballs that we'll ever see. and by that I mean demand overtaking supply. We might get to a point in a few years where manufacturers have managed to increase their numbers, but I don't expect to ever be back at this point where demand is outstripping all supply, new and old.

I've had the same thought, but it's not just solid states, although those have probably "benefited" the most. Older DMDs have also closed the gap. I agree that it's transient: prices have been trending up anyways, but right now there's exceptional circumstances that added a spike, which seems unlikely to last.

People staying at home
People having excess cash due to above
People having excess cash due to stimulus (at least here, is Canadian government mailing you guys free money? I've had some sales of more extravagant items on Ebay coincide with these)
Manufacturing/parts issues limiting supply

I've been wondering about selling. I definitely think it's a good time to "trade-up" though, which I have.

#16757 2 years ago

And yet,
I would probably pay $4300 for Alien Poker.
After the full resto and new PF from the EU.

It's all about rarity and memories.
I'll never be a more than a player.

#16758 2 years ago

For Sale, 2000 Revenge from Mars 5500.00 O.B.O.
Selling for a friend, rebuilt monitor, tube swapped.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1565888662&posted=true&adActivated=true

#16759 2 years ago

I've had my Scared Stiff professional shopped by Toronto Pinball Repair. It's now working 100% (and still looking fantastic). So I've relisted it for sale or trade.

Machine - For Trade
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Re-listing this pin for sale or trade. Now 100% working great ... was serviced by Toronto Pinball Repair. As you can see from the pictures the game gorgeous. There is some ware o...”
2021-05-11
Milton, ON
Trade
Archived after: 12 days
Viewed: 708 times

#16761 2 years ago

UPDATED PRICES:

Shaker
Mirror blades
McKee Topper
Color DMD
Megatron shooter rod
$6700 CDN

Shaker
Mirror blades
Lit Iceman figure
Liighted Magneto topper
Nightcrawler shooter rod
$7900 CDN

Red, non-split base.
Not the Pro version.
$3000 CDN

#16762 2 years ago

Saskatoon local here looking for Metallica pro! Money on hand

#16763 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

UPDATED PRICES:
Shaker
Mirror blades
McKee Topper
Color DMD
Megatron shooter rod
$6700 CDN

This is damn tempting. I need to resist selling some crypto to buy this. Good luck with the sale!

#16764 2 years ago

Transformers LE is now pending

#16765 2 years ago

Congrats!

#16766 2 years ago

It has only taken me about 3-4 years of collecting, but I am finally happy with my current line-up You can see the amount of effort that goes into finding the games of your choice. Almost have all of the provinces covered off. Only 2 of the 9 games are from Ontario.

AC/DC Pro (Quebec)
Tommy (BC)
Metallica Premium (Wasaga Beach)
Doctor Who (NY)
GOT LE (NS)
JJP GnR (NIB)
DE GnR (New Mexico)
Shadow (Missouri)
Elvis (Sask)

#16767 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

It has only taken me about 3-4 years of collecting

pinball is hard!

#16768 2 years ago

17 years for me and just when I think my line up is perfect I want to change a bunch of it lol. Life is short and there’s tons of pinball to play, gotta rotate often.

#16769 2 years ago

Or just build an arcade to give you more room and don't delete just add, lol...

Quoted from extraballingtmc:

17 years for me and just when I think my line up is perfect I want to change a bunch of it lol. Life is short and there’s tons of pinball to play, gotta rotate often.

#16770 2 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Or just build an arcade to give you more room and don't delete just add, lol...

Or start a club with other pinball enthusiasts in your area and share games. Own half of double the games without taking up any extra space. Get three together and triple your choices!

#16771 2 years ago

Price drop on my PACKED Scared Stiff, Now $10,400 ...

Machine - For Trade
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Re-listing this pin for sale or trade. Now 100% working great ... was serviced by Toronto Pinball Repair. As you can see from the pictures the game gorgeous. There is some ware o...”
2021-05-11
Milton, ON
Trade
Archived after: 12 days
Viewed: 708 times

#16772 2 years ago

Right on.
Sooo much to play ... such little time.

#16773 2 years ago

Anyone have a great example of GB LE they want to sell or trade? Continuing to mix up the line up!

#16774 2 years ago

Trek is off to a new home in Calgary.

I have a sw premium, would consider trades.

#16775 2 years ago

Hey guys, I’m adding to my collection again. Just picked up a gnr le. I’m looking for Elvira hoh premium to buy, can be le. Please send me a private message if interested in selling. Have a nice Sunday.

#16776 2 years ago

Hi All

Up for sale is a Rescue 911. Plays great. Was heavily routed back in its day but mylar protected the pf from serious wear. Cab has some paint wear which I'll show in the listing pics Everything work well. Helicopter, DMD, boards, etc, are all good.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/537172057446342/

$2700.00cdn.

#16777 2 years ago

Selling my AC/DC premium. Excellent condition. Train topper, color dmd, pinduino interactive lighting, cliffys. $9,500. Pm me if interested.

#16779 2 years ago
Quoted from ApplePie:

Selling my AC/DC premium. Excellent condition. Train topper, color dmd, pinduino interactive lighting, cliffys. $9,500. Pm me if interested.

Which version is this?

Any pics/vids available?

#16780 2 years ago

Solid guy! Deal with confidence.

Quoted from ApplePie:

#16781 2 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Which version is this?
Any pics/vids available?

Original Premium edition. PM me with your contact info and I'll send pics.

#16782 2 years ago

Price drop on my buck Hunter HD arcade. 7.5k for the game and tv
7 for the game only

#16783 2 years ago
Quoted from vonclod:

Hi All
Up for sale is a Rescue 911. Plays great. Was heavily routed back in its day but mylar protected the pf from serious wear. Cab has some paint wear which I'll show in the listing pics Everything work well. Helicopter, DMD, boards, etc, are all good.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/537172057446342/
$2700.00cdn.

Sold

#16784 2 years ago

If anyone has a JJP shaker motor for sale, send me a PM. Thanks.

#16785 2 years ago

Hi everyone, debating selling my Avengers infinity quest pro, perhaps in mid June. Less than 500 plays. Shoots great, but I'm more of a mode guy that a points guy, the code hasn't fully grabbed me. Full set of titan rubbers, plastic protectors, cliffy's and stern art blades. Thinking $8k CDN and would be looking for local pickup, don't really want to ship. PM me if any interest exists, I can send pic's.

#16786 2 years ago

Nice price!

#16787 2 years ago

Nitro still has a couple nib aiq pros in stock. With our dollar lately nib prices are starting to look decent again.

#16788 2 years ago

Nitro still has a couple nib aiq pros in stock. With our dollar lately nib prices are starting to look decent again.

Do they drop prices on in stock with dollar changing? I though if it was something they had in stock the price would reflect their initial cost. That could be better or worse than current.

#16789 2 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

Do they drop prices on in stock with dollar changing? I though if it was something they had in stock the price would reflect their initial cost. That could be better or worse than current.

Pay in USD so you control the rate of exchange. This is what I do with Player One in Toronto.

#16790 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Pay in USD so you control the rate of exchange. This is what I do with Player One in Toronto.

I wanted to pay in USD with Player One on a Stranger Things Premium, was told they wouldn't do that because it was already in stock. They also wanted several hundred CDN above what it would've been with the average exchange rate over the last few months, so not sure exactly how they were calculating their CDN price. In any case it worked out to about 8400 USD given what the exchange rate was at the time (then had to add tax and shipping), so hard pass.

#16791 2 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

They price everything in usd so price changes but also doesn’t change. If you can pay using usd then all the better for you.

They will take cdn of course but then you get hit with currency exchange fees I believe.

I’m local to them so I just go to bank and get us cash when I buy.

#16792 2 years ago

UPDATED PRICES:

Transformers LE sold to a great pinsider!

Mint, modded HUO X-men (Magneto) LE (241 of 250) still for sale. $7900 CDN

Super Chexx bubble hockey game. $2800 CDN

#16793 2 years ago

Scared Stiff is pending sold.

Now that I have cash in hand ... has anyone used Pinballdepot.ca?

#16794 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

has anyone used Pinballdepot.ca?

I got a quote on a game from them , but they were very pricey ..
Basically you tell them the title and they find it for you...
Found a local game for 4K where they were at 6500 k

#16795 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Scared Stiff is pending sold.
Now that I have cash in hand ... has anyone used Pinballdepot.ca?

Why not see what local collectors may have to offer... What game are you thinking next?

#16796 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I got a quote on a game from them , but they were very pricey ..
Basically you tell them the title and they find it for you...
Found a local game for 4K where they were at 6500 k

I was telling my 15 year old son to start a pinball finders business, "Pinballfinder.ca". Basically you pay him a small fee to find collectors certain games. I think it would be a great business for a student. Also, it would be great for collectors when they want to sell a game, they wouldn't have to deal with all of the yahoos on Kijiji etc. I was thinking a 1% commission on the sale price of the game. You can find any game, if you know where to look.

#16797 2 years ago

Anything in stock, you need to pay the price they paid. I think exchange rate then was either 1.35/1.40

Quoted from paul_8788:

I wanted to pay in USD with Player One on a Stranger Things Premium, was told they wouldn't do that because it was already in stock. They also wanted several hundred CDN above what it would've been with the average exchange rate over the last few months, so not sure exactly how they were calculating their CDN price. In any case it worked out to about 8400 USD given what the exchange rate was at the time (then had to add tax and shipping), so hard pass.

#16798 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I was telling my 15 year old son to start a pinball finders business, "Pinballfinder.ca". Basically you pay him a small fee to find collectors certain games. I think it would be a great business for a student. Also, it would be great for collectors when they want to sell a game, they wouldn't have to deal with all of the yahoos on Kijiji etc. I was thinking a 1% commission on the sale price of the game. You can find any game, if you know where to look.

Why would anyone do this for 1%?! That is what the majority of the hobby does everyday we all just maximize profit and/or enjoyment. If he wants to volunteer or do charity work there are much better options. If he wants to start a business he should have goals based on economics or at least education.

#16799 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Anything in stock, you need to pay the price they paid. I think exchange rate then was either 1.35/1.40

Lol, all the risks the distros take buying games are passed on to their clients..

#16800 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Why would anyone do this for 1%?! That is what the majority of the hobby does everyday we all just maximize profit and/or enjoyment. If he wants to volunteer or do charity work there are much better options. If he wants to start a business he should have goals based on economics or at least education.

I know a lot of people that would pay a couple hundo finders fee for an IM, Kiss or Elvira. It was only an idea to keep him busy. It takes a lot of effort to track down a game of choice.

There are 24,837 posts in this topic. You are on page 336 of 497.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell/page/336?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.